[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/swg/ Star Wars General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 356
Thread images: 68

darth benis XDD edition

Previous Thread: >>52136391

Fantasy Flight Games’ X-Wing and Star Wars: Armada Miniatures Games
>http://pastebin.com/Wca6HvBB (embed)

Fantasy Flight Games’ Star Wars RPG System (EotE/AoR/FaD)
>http://pastebin.com/wCRBdus6 (embed)
>https://mega.nz/#!DkNTDTyZ!PUupCOep4RmRcsgI3rNhU_Pk_xcyFbYWnhrq8gwrVv0

Shipfag's Starship Combat Fixes for EotE/AoR/FaD
>http://www.mediafire.com/file/y9w713etmckbs98/Shipfag.JPG (embed)

Other Fantasy Flight Games Star Wars Tabletop (Imperial Assault, Star Wars: Destiny and the Star Wars LCG)
>http://pastebin.com/ZE4gn0yN (embed)

Fantasy Flight Games Dice App (Works with X-Wing, Armada, the Star Wars RPG system and Imperial Assault)
>http://www.mediafire.com/download/64xy3uy6vepll8v/com.fantasyflightgames.swdice.ver.1.1.4.build.9.apk

Older Star Wars Tabletop (d6, d20/Saga, etc.)
>http://pastebin.com/wXP0LdyJ (embed)

Reference Materials & Misc. Resources
>http://pastebin.com/AGFFkSin (embed)

All Canon Novels and Comics (via /co/)
>https://mega.co.nz/#F!2R5kDTqQ!WfrDla-jvDIn05U57T9hhQ

Just What IS Canon Anyways?
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Canon#2014_reboot
>http://starwars.wikia.com/wiki/Timeline_of_canon_media

The Clone Wars Viewing Guide
>http://img.4plebs.org/boards/tg/image/1442/36/1442364889994.png (embed)

Writefaggotry
>http://pastebin.com/cJY5FK9T (embed)

Shipfag's hangar
>https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0ByhAdnTlOKOeQnA4SFByUC1aQWM&usp=sharing

HoTAC
>http://dockingbay416.com/campaign

How adult do you like your Star Wars games? Should it be like the movies, or should it be more or less family-friendly?
>>
>>52162712
>He will nut inside us
>>
File: seaman showers.png (30KB, 1158x340px) Image search: [Google]
seaman showers.png
30KB, 1158x340px
>>52162712
It's not a real Age of Rebellion campaign until you get to dick jokes, black comedy, gay chicken, and combat jacks.
>>
>>52162910
>
Never met a Seaman Showers, but I knew a Seaman Gussler. Pronounced how you think.

She was nice.
>>
>>52162952
So she was a Semen Guzzler? that was her literal name? did she actually guzzle Seaman?
>>
>>52162712
My rule is that regardless of how nasty or evil or not everyone is, no matter what, everyone gets what's coming to then, in the end.
>>
>>52162986
>In the navy
It was probably more ironic
>>
>>52163074
I know, but how many women in the navy are Dikes, only half the men are homos?
>>
>>52162712
I once introduced a group of friends to RPG's through EotE. I had to cut it short because I just couldn't deal with their constant attempts to bang everyone. Still play with one of them in other occasions, but the problem players, never again.
>>
File: Gungan_Grand_Army.jpg (1MB, 1920x816px) Image search: [Google]
Gungan_Grand_Army.jpg
1MB, 1920x816px
>>52162712
>How adult do you like your Star Wars games? Should it be like the movies, or should it be more or less family-friendly?

This battle and Rogue One occurred in the same series of films. "Like the movies" is an increasingly broad spectrum.

I don't need things to be family friendly. Torture - on screen torture - and some weird sexuality are already on screen. It's Space Opera. Go with that, and the rest sorts itself out.
>>
>>52163475
But you could say it's not impossible to include those elements while still being "family friendly" (the OT did, when they sparkler'd Solo). I don't think "adult" has anything at all to do with it. It would be cool if they would make a movie where the main plot DOESN'T revolve around the same 5 "important" characters. Fuck off Tarkin/Vader/Leia. At least we won't have to watch Fords geriatric ass stumble around on screen as an 80 y/o action hero.
>>
>>52163717
Honestly, this is the reason I was sorta relieved fisher bought it. Like its sad shes dead, but thank christ that leia is fucking gone. I don't care about them anymore. Luke is the only one of value.
>>
>>52163830
FUCK YOU CARRIE WAS THE BEST!
>>
>>52163830
But why should Luke be that valuable? How do these important characters, all of which have access to space ships, keep ending up within a days ride of each-other? Make a new Jedi to have as your center character instead of a 65 year old, hastily trained sand farmer. They could be making Space Vietnam: The Jungle Trooper horror edition, or Mandalore! The Movie! really anything...
>>
File: 1489372327074.png (38KB, 700x662px) Image search: [Google]
1489372327074.png
38KB, 700x662px
>>52163917
> How do these important characters [...] keep ending up within a days ride of each-other?

SPACE OPERA.

It's got nothing to do with logic! The entire goddamn setting runs on coincidence and fate. Going to bitch about Les Mis having the same character crop up all the goddamn time, even though France is huge? Hell no>

Come on, it's the epic operatic story of one family - the Skywalkers. That's why it's called a saga.

You want Space Vietnam? Go check out Aliens, or a thousand other stories built on different tropes for different folks. That's why different genres exist - to tell different kinds of stories.
>>
I'm going to play a force-sensitive podracer briefly raised by Jedi pilots before they were all exterminated. I have a few problems: I cannot afford to start with any worthwhile vehicle, I don't know what to name my pit droids, and I'm having trouble coming up with a character besides 'Ryan Gosling in Drive in space'. How do I resolve this?
>>
>>52163917
To answer the first question, the force.

And I hope Luke holds just a yoda-like presence in the movie. Solely to give a little guidance, drop a force bomb, and peace.
>>
>>52163917
>Mandalore! The Movie!
We already got Mad Max: Fury Road.
>>
>>52163984
well naturally your pit droids should be named something like BR-Y4N and CR4N-570N
>>
File: top gear lap your own car.png (252KB, 635x425px) Image search: [Google]
top gear lap your own car.png
252KB, 635x425px
>>52163984
>name my pit droids
CLK-50N, H4M-ND, and M4Y. Maybe throw in a tame racing droid backup named 5T-1G.
>>
File: 1486621582369.png (345KB, 1343x690px) Image search: [Google]
1486621582369.png
345KB, 1343x690px
>>52164068
Top Gear Star Wars gets posted every second thread, guys.

and I am completely fine with this.
>>
>>52163966
But at what point do you retire those characters? Isn't it fair to say that the Skywalker family at this point has had more influence on the universe than... well... any of these planets they mention in the background? I understand that different genres exist, but at this point isn't it more about Universe management? Do the prequels count as part of your space opera definition for the series? You could keep the same tone and themes to the movies and still switch the characters around. I'm just arguing that the current cast of the movies aren't necessary to making a "Star Wars" movie. It'd be nice to see some fresh things.
>>
>>52163984
>I cannot afford to start with any worthwhile vehicle
Any vehicle can be made worthwhile with time, love, and credits. Start with something cheap and economical, then go nuts on her once you've won some prize money from small-time racing circuits.
>>
Why is galaxy of heroes so shit?
>>
File: no_escape_by_grahamtg-daxzc7z.jpg (2MB, 2160x3640px) Image search: [Google]
no_escape_by_grahamtg-daxzc7z.jpg
2MB, 2160x3640px
>>52164117
>any of these planets they mention in the background?

It's opera. The background is painted on.

The characters might retire, but their influence will keep going (at least in the main saga), because the saga is fundamentally about them.

The prequels are definitely space opera. They're... kind of shitty at it, but they clearly fit the genere. Political Opera is... not popular.

And sure, you can keep the tone and the theme and have the Epic Tale of Carl Ren and Duke Flyswatter or whatever... but that's just a different saga, not a continuation of the main story.

You want to see fresh things? You're on /tg/. Write it, run it, post it.
>>
Alright fuckers interest check in a FFG game set as the Resistance and associate mercs and scum set in the TFA era.
>>
>>52164117
A lot of people hold the 3 OT movies as "the only thing that matters". One may not agree with that position, but it's undeniable that it's a somewhat popular one, given the widespread hate for the Prequels and the general disregard for the EU by less involved fans.

With that taken into account, it's no surprise that Disney (and to a lesser extent Lucas) wants to cater to those fans. Good stories are hard to tell without good characters, and these are the characters people liked in the first place.
>>
>>52164208
>No playable lightsaber-wielding Luke
>Playable Luke doesn't have an X-wing of his own
>Has HK-47 and Nihilus, but no cool Legends good guy PCs
>No playable Trioculus
>No TIE Interceptor with Ewok crew
>No playable Ys, Bs, or As
>Scratches that turn-based RPG itch, but built on typical grind-tastic, energy-based, microtransacting app formula
>Takes forever to grind up to access space combat
I wish EA would make proper turn-based Star Wars RPGs.
>>
>>52164137
If we're looking at vehicles in my budget range, it's a techroller or a groundcar. How can I live up to my high speed chase sequence destiny this way?
>>
>>52164208
Micro transactions and login killed it for me.
In order to get the cool characters you have to login in everyday and play a shit ton. Its fun at the start, but the amount of money(or time) you need to pump into characters is ridiculous
>>
How the hell hasn't this been pruned with a dick for the op image?
>>
>>52164015
Isnt Mandalore boring and pacifistic now?
>>
>>52164375
You start with a hot-rodded groundcar, a trunk full of moonshine, and a dream, anon. In a galaxy full of speeders, something on par with the sports cars and muscle cars of yesteryear should be an easy buy.
>>
>>52164258
Sounds interesting to me.
>>
>>52164511
No. Its pacifism was rather shortlived, too. No more than a few decades, and shit hit the fan during the Clone Wars and it basically devolved into various factions fighting for control or for the sake of fighting.

Deathwatch was exiled by the "True Mandalorians" sometime prior to the events of the Clone Wars, the exact timeline isn't really known. They come back with Maul and take over the planet.

The Republic is fighting on Mandalore during the events of RotS (Anakin and Obi-Wan coming to Coruscant at the beginning is them leaving the Siege of Mandalore).

With the Empire taking control, they establish a military academy there.

Deathwatch is still kind of around (as far as I know, haven't fully caught up on Rebels). The Protectors are around too, and are classic mercs.
>>
>>52164405
just got deleted.
>>
>>52162712
Attempting to summon Chumbalaya, or anyone who cares to give X-wing advice.

I'm going to my first non-store-tournament this weekend, the Naboo open. I'm going to be bringing 5 omega squadrons with Crack Shot and weapons guidance, as that was what I flew as my main list from wave 7 until Dengaroo/and x7's pushed them out (I couldn't crack through an entire palp-backed defender on the first joust and dengaroo eats swarms.

Since there will likely be less defenders and dengaroo is dead-garoo, I'm wondering what matchups will likely be bad for me that I should practice against.

Mindlink lists will likely still be a thing, but that card can be strapped to almost anything to good effect. Super-Asajj and the stressbot will likely be everywhere as well. Empire is likely going back to aces and swarms, although Rear Admiral Kylo is going to be a thing.

What should I prepare against and does anyone have any tips for approaches against it with a 5-ship howlrunner-less swarm?

Also, should I use my collection of challenge coins as shields, or is that dickish?
>>
>>52165332
I like to rum a mini swarm of 2x black squadron with draw their fire, howelrunner with crack, wampa, and an ace to fill the rest of the points
>>
>>52165332
I think you'll probably see almost as many defenders as before. They're still plenty good, just not braindead enabling.
>>
>>52164258
Yep, count me in senpai
>>
>>52162712
>maturity level

I handle it something akin to the TV show "Dallas", basically 80s drama with crime elements. There's sexuality, profanity, violence, and mature themes, but nothing too dark or over-the-top. Star Wars itself, even the original movies, has some dark stuff. I try to keep it around that. Not torture, death, and murder at every turn, but no retarded Jamaican Goongas stepping in doodoo.
>>
>>52165596
They get countered by stress though, so likely way less defenders.
>>52165553
Instead of having blacks with DTF (waste of an EPT IMO on no-shield ships) I run 3 black cracks,Crack howl, and a loaded Quickdraw with DTF and FCS. Shoot at 9, lock, and then ask your opponents if they dare to shoot at howl, lest you quickdraw them.

it punches pretty hard, and it lets you keep howl alive potentially for a second round of shooting.
>>
File: 1488248119038.jpg (138KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1488248119038.jpg
138KB, 500x500px
>>52164511
>>52164610
It's not pacifistic if you ignore Disney's horrible nu-canon.

Not like a lot of the Expanded U was better though.

>it's another "rogue squadron mary sues in space" eu episode
>it's another "vampires werewolves and twink twilight luke" eu episode
>it's another "empire did something stupidly evil because they should be stupid evil" eu episode
>it's another "mara sue skywalker" eu episode
>it's another "suncrusher" eu episode
>it's another "r2 blows up a super star destroyer" eu episode
>it's another "zombie stormtroopers in space" eu episode
>it's another "vong" eu episode
>it's another "rogue imperial officer number 786,467,104,583,295,786 causing trouble" eu episode
>it's another "han solo's shitty fucking kids" eu episode
>it's another "thrawn pellaeon veers vader and any and all good imperial characters get shafted and stepped on" eu episode
>it's another "marek sue in the diarrhea unleashed" eu episode

So on and so forth.
>>
>>52166203
also
>it's another "chewbacca the beloved character dies to a horribly written alien plot device" episode

RIP Chewie. Still lives in my autistic headcanon
>>
>>52166203
>>52166236
>it's another "ysarde is an insufferable bitch" eu episode
>>
>>52164405
>>52165166
So much for the "tolerant" left
>>
>>52163984
Get a swoop or Speeder bike.
http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/vehicles/category/34/
http://swrpg.viluppo.net/transportation/vehicles/category/29/

>>52164258
Sounds legit.
>>
>>52164258
When, where?
>>
File: bitey dog.jpg (65KB, 605x747px) Image search: [Google]
bitey dog.jpg
65KB, 605x747px
>>52163984
>'Ryan Gosling in Drive in space'.

Start by watching some car movies that aren't fucking garbage
>Vanishing Point
>Bullitt
>Mad Max 1 & 2
>Duel
>Two Lane Blacktop
>>
>>52166364
You're right, I meant to say "Queen Latifah in Taxi in space".
>>
File: ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg (29KB, 306x240px) Image search: [Google]
ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg
29KB, 306x240px
Anyone have the pages 16 and 17 of Forge in Battle? Its not in the mega file of Forge in Battle going around. The two pages have the duties of that book on it.
>>
>>52164258
If voice, hellye
>>
File: laughing dalilama.gif (2MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
laughing dalilama.gif
2MB, 320x240px
>>52166393
>>
File: fillerup.jpg (67KB, 500x677px) Image search: [Google]
fillerup.jpg
67KB, 500x677px
>>52166393
>Queen Latifah in Taxi

Oh... yeah thanks for reminding me of how Hollywood can wipe its dick on the cinema curtains
>>
>>52166203
>rogue squadron
>mary sues
>the guys who are explicitly stated to have a turnover rate so bad that most recruits don't make it past 5 missions
>the guys whose victories are almost always costly and reliant on extensive planning and large amounts of allied support
>the guys who, outside their novel series, are pretty much irrelevant as anything other than set dressing and cheerleaders for the Jedi hero of the week
What next? Are you going to call the 181st mary sues, too?
>>
>>52166503
tell me more of your precious films
>>
>>52166558
At least in the video games, apparently considered lore in the past, they're Mary Sues to the extreme.

>watch this one x-wing destroy 700 tie fighters and interceptors
>>
>>52166858
Its called git good or die trying
>>
File: fuck your star destroyers.jpg (10KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
fuck your star destroyers.jpg
10KB, 480x360px
>>52166858
Git gud. Come back when you've gotten every gold medal on Rogue Squadron II. You'll be singing a different tune when you gold medal the Razor Rendezvous and Endor missions.
>>
>>52166990
Fuck those Endor Missions and the two star destroyers.
>>
File: SNAP_003[1].jpg (26KB, 640x340px) Image search: [Google]
SNAP_003[1].jpg
26KB, 640x340px
>>52166990
I only fly the Buick.
>>
>>52166990
>Gold
>Not Ace
Pleb
>>
File: shiny and chrome.jpg (51KB, 600x656px) Image search: [Google]
shiny and chrome.jpg
51KB, 600x656px
>>52166597
Well, grab your grape drank, heat up your chicken tendies and settle down into your corner. Here's some inspiration for your star wars games

Princess Warrior, quality sci-fi for everyone over the age of 18 and you'll never cry about female leads in a /swg/ ever again
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4Ad1Vzo-R1E

Battle Beyond the Stars, its got everything you need, cheeky cunt computers, a karate farmer, spaceships and big tits
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WklPABGo77k

The Last Starfighter, fucking death blossom- if you don't know what that is, watch this shit and learn
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaVL4xV5LBc
>>
File: OtUI6KS.jpg (337KB, 1417x2048px) Image search: [Google]
OtUI6KS.jpg
337KB, 1417x2048px
Hi, I drive U-wings, what do you do?
>>
>>52169925
Fly U-Wings
>>
File: D6F.jpg (58KB, 700x700px) Image search: [Google]
D6F.jpg
58KB, 700x700px
>>52169963
>>
>>52167032
This game was on PC? I should give it another try. I couldn't beat it on the N64 when I was a teen
>>
>>52163830
That's sort of unwarranted, though. Fisher's screen time in TFA was barely 10 minutes, not really a "keep caring about these people!"
>>
>>52165332
>mfw called out by name

I think you will do better this weekend compared to last week just due to the faq. Defenders still exist, so your best bet is to block one and hose it down with the rest. Fenn Rau is a concern as he can one-shot your ships, but he can also be killed with one good volley. Kylo RAC shouldn't be an issue for swarms.

Standard swarm play (focus fire, rotate damaged ships, block like mad) should see you through this.
>>
File: Zella+Kintulla.png (1MB, 1325x952px) Image search: [Google]
Zella+Kintulla.png
1MB, 1325x952px
Okay so, I'm the Anon with the EotE group who wanted to break ties with Jabba that I brought up on here some time ago, unsure if anyone remembered.

What's happening is that Jabba's sent the group to take out a rival Hutt (and I've really amped up the fact that Jabba considers this person a rival, meaning they've got some serious shit in their pockets), so the group has gotten to Toydaria to take out a Besadii.

After some research and such, they've found out that the Hutt in particular likes to go on safaris on Toydaria and does this occasionally, and as such they're planning to take them out during one such trip.

What I have planned for them to face is the Hutt with his entire retinue on three luxury yacht skiffs, the Hutt having his Morgukai adept Niktu personal bodyguard with him, a hired group of elite Mando mercs and of course a truckload of various minions and thugs.

The group consists if three players and an allied NPC who will be taking direct part in the combat, with the possibility of two other npcs that may or may not aid them in the actual combat.

I've got most of the stuff planned out, but right now I'm looking for cool setpieces or embellishments to the fight. This is supposed to be the End-Of-The-Season type of fight before they move on. Most of the characters in game are convinced they're not gonna make it out of the fight.

Need halp /tg/, thanks.
>>
I swear, Attanni Mindlink is the most broken thing you can do in X-Wing right now and Mindlink Scyks are a list.

With Mangler Cannons, you're looking at a 3/3/3/1 ship with Focus/Evade every turn. They're like mini Defenders except they start at 22 points so you can run four.

Yes, they lose the white K-Turn, but the rest of their dial is so much better that it's nearly a wash.

Inaldra, Tansarii Vet, Genesis Red and Serissu all with Mindlink, Heavy Title and Mangler Cannons is 99 points.

If it's not 4 Scyks then it's 3 Scyks and Palob.
>>
So /tg/, other than "because Lucas said so" can anyone explain to me why the Separatists where the bad guys in the prequels?

In Episode I Naboo is invaded and they consistently talk about how both the Republic courts and senate are both so slow and unable or unwilling to help.

Episode II starts with Kenobi explaining that Palpatine has been in power long after his term was up, that's already sounding like a dictatorship. Then the Separatists decide they want to leave the Republic... and must have been told they can't for tensions to rise the way they did. So are star systems not allowed to leave the Republic? Because if that's the case everyone should want out.

Then the Republic attacked first.

Kenobi was acting as a republic spy and gets captured, is sentenced to death for that (along with Anikin and Padme who seemed to be there for the same reason), then in order to save their man the Republic launches a military strike against a Separatist world.

Other than the fact that we're told they are the good guys why where we supposed to be rooting for the Republic?
>>
>>52170745
The separatists themselves were not necessarily bad they were just controlled by bad guys, and if it weren't for those same bad guys they would never have wanted to separate anyway.
>>
>>52170745
Because we're told they're the good guys.
>>
>>52170745
The prequels were not good at explaining things and the CIS were only bad because we were looking through the eyes of the main cast who were with the Republic. As with most things, The Clone Wars series just shows us that not all Seperatists are bad and not all Republicans are good.
>>
So my EotE party is currently on Cloud city, just after the empire has started negotiations.

They are after Macguffin number 4 of 6 and after fucking up several leads have decided to deal with Lando directly. Considering how EVERY SINGLE BLOODY ENCOUNTER thus far has gone, what am i supposed to do if things get violent.

I mean i have a contingency plan. A word doc called "Timeline B" in which lando was dead and didn't save Leia and Chewie, leaving no one to rescue Luke and basically causing the fall of the Rebellion. Thats a last resort though, anyway i'm very very against telling players they aren't allowed to do something.

Any help?
>>
>>52170741
>Scyks

I think it's kinda great that people can actually complain about them now. They're annoying and consistent.
>>
>>52170855
Lando, being a smarmy git, gets out of dodge the first sign of hostility, using backdoors and hidden ways, and lets his minions and bodyguards protect him while he GTFO's.
>>
File: 1486846381924.gif (3MB, 258x206px) Image search: [Google]
1486846381924.gif
3MB, 258x206px
>>52170745
>>52170772
>>52170853
The CIS:
>1. is ruled by insanely corrupt and self-serving corporate elitists
>2. Full of sadistic and cruel generals, leaders, and figureheads
>3. Murders innocent people, commits genocides, and casually exterminates people at a frequency even Tarkin would find horrifying, completely disregards civilian casualties if they're non-CIS
>4. Tries to force every planet to follow them and wipes out their people if they don't
>5. Has no policies nor ideas for how to run things except free-er trade and a corporate oligarchy
>6. Many don't even care about the politics (Dooku just serving Sidious. Gunray just hating Naboo, Geonosians just hating the Republic, Grievous just hating Jedi)
>7. Constructs or tries to construct multiple superweapons.
>8. Droids are usually dumb but completely merciless and emotionless in combat, no surrender and no negotiation.
>9. etc..
>but because the story is told through the eyes of the Republic and because Lucas says so, they're not evil.

Reading this then reading the previous thread makes me laugh my ass off because anons kept making good arguments why the Empire wasn't totally evil and shitposters kept bringing up Alderaan and "Lucas said so!" as reasons. There and now here people also mentioned the Separatists being good/evil but because "Lucas said so!" and because the story is from the view of the Republic the Separatists aren't all evil, even if they did many things far worse than the Empire ever did.

I love Star Wars as much as the next poster on /swg/ and I appreciate what contributions Lucas made to the franchise as a whole, but remember that the "Word of God" you're following comes from a guy who thought Star Wars would suck, had no plans of expanding it until after the first movie, gimped the sixth movie for toy sales, then came back and made two sucky films for toy sales and kid-friendly crap, then made an edgedark third film and bitterly lamented people not liking Jarjar, "his best character."
>>
>>52170741
Yeah that sounds pretty busted. Maybe they should change the mangler to be large ship only
>>
>>52170947
>tl:dr lucas shouldn't have the absolute final say because he did a lot of stupid shit to kill his own franchise and supposedly a new hope (the ONLY movie he had very extensive involvement in in the OT) was disastrous before being edited heavily
>>
>>52170865

Oh don't get me wrong I'm not complaining even a little bit. This list is amazing and everyone underestimates it.
>>
>>52170963
>and supposedly a new hope (the ONLY movie he had very extensive involvement in in the OT) was disastrous before being edited heavily
To be fair, everyone needs editors and first drafts rarely ever get green-lit without extensive editing. Lucas recognized the importance of editors and allegedly tried to reunite his OT editing team for the prequels, but most of them were unavailable.
>>
>>52166558

In their books, Rogue Squadron's turnover isnt 'everyone ids dead in 5 months' its 'no one is dead ever, except for the TRAITOR'.
Which I dont mind at all cos I loved those books and they spawned the Wraith Squadron books which are my favourite forever.

In other books theyre not particularly Mary Sue though, because yeah, they just end up being AND THEN A JEDI SHOWED UP TO SAVE THE DAY!!! Also rogue squadron were there?
>>
>>52170283

It just appeared on steam a short while back, actually.
>>
File: 1489082112189.jpg (12KB, 219x198px) Image search: [Google]
1489082112189.jpg
12KB, 219x198px
>was in a eote game
>couldnt make it to the game because had to go to the hopsital on emergency
>immediately kicked despite messaging the GM as soon as i could
>been craving to play again
>most games on roll20 require voice and my mic is fucked
>mfw

So uh anyone here looking for players
>>
>>52170745

The separatist colonies/planets arent the villains.
In fact, a bunch of Clone War episodes are devoted to showing that there are as many good people in the Separatist Senate as there are dickheads.

The problem is that the driving force for the separatist cause isnt their cause at all - it's Palpatine's. He, via Dooku, is manipulating them and also running their entire military force.
>>
File: 1661864-Darth_Nihilus.jpg (33KB, 613x547px) Image search: [Google]
1661864-Darth_Nihilus.jpg
33KB, 613x547px
What if Darth Nihilus was a Kiffar?

>The red stripes resembling those of his original clan
>His action figure had dreadlocks
>The ability to read memories of inanimate objects mutated by the explosion on Malachor V making him a wound in the force
>>
>>52170459
Well, you won an open, and it's not likley Heaver or anyone else at your skill level is an anon.
>>
>>52171516
>no one is dead ever
>Lujayne Forge
>Almost every Rodian
>Peshk Vri'syk
>Lyyr Zatoq
>Riv Shiel
>Tal'dira
There are probably plenty of other Stackpole/Allston redshirts I'm forgetting, too. And that's before we get to the Rogue/former Rogue deaths from outside the Stackpole/Allston novels.
>Ibtisam
>Dakorse Teep
>Tik
>Dllr Nep
>Ten Numb
>Khe-Jeen Slee
>A shitload of other redshirts from the Stackpole comic that I'm forgetting

>Anni Capstan
>Dinger
>Lensi
>Ligg Panat
>>
File: starwarswebani.png (318KB, 590x335px) Image search: [Google]
starwarswebani.png
318KB, 590x335px
>ywn have a rival TIE ace that you both hate and admire for their skills
>ywn be forced to band together with them after a mutual shoot down
>ywn find yourself feeling suddenly very conflicted
>>
>>52171924
Wasn't that the subplot of 8th MS Team
>>
How much of a red flag is using a non-lightsaber, Lightsaber skill weapon? Will the Inquisitors come crawling if you use say an ancient sword or a training stick?

How about using reflect with the shield glove?
>>
>>52171957
Of a lot of things, really.
>>
>>52171746

...Ill be honest, I totally forgot about them.
Taldira died in a Wraith novel though, that I remember.

I submit, you're right.
More of them died than I remember.
I guess generlaly I just got kinda turned off Rogue Squadron by Corran Horn.

Are the comics good? I've been meaning to check them out forever and a day
tfw no Wraith comics ree
>>
>>52170947
>casually exterminates people at a frequency even Tarkin would find horrifying

There's nothing hypothetical about that. He served, and peace through fear is emergent from the tremendous destruction the CIS wrought.
>>
>>52170745
The Republic, hilariously, is pretty much as bad as the Empire asserts. It hides behind bureaucracy when member words are being illegally occupied by corporate armies and an alleged genocide is occurring - it's obvious money I'd all in Republican politics. They use Jedi as spies and veiled threats. Its populace are either so craven or disaffected that it literally can't raise an army to save itself. It condoned the creation and expenditure of an army of cloned slaves, which were designed with truncated lives so that they would die of old age and not be inconvenient after the war. It's honestly the very image of the Weimar Republic, a spineless entity that needed to be destroyed, and it is probably significant that the ARR's leadership is mostly coreward plutocrats and Outer Rim criminals.
>>
>>52172290
They're pretty good, though be prepared for some odd characterization. IIRC, comic Tycho and Wes have very different personalities compared to novel Tycho and Wes.
>>
>>52172518

Oh? I assume Wes is less of a joker.

Still thanks for rec, I decided last week upon seeing a bunch of the new SW comics in my local nerdshop taht I should really get around to the old stuff. Guess I'll start with the Rogues.
Second best X-Wing squadron.

Fourth-best if you include Dinner Squadron and Silly Squadron.
>>
>>52172553
Wes is a lot more serious, IIRC, while Tycho is more emotive. Tycho's personality change can easily be explained as the result of being a prisoner on Lusankya, though. Otherwise, though, the comics are top-notch. They're also required reading for Legends Impfags, since they cover the backstory of the Most Electrifying Man in All of Space Entertainment.
>>
>>52172476
In it's last days the Old Republic was really genuinely terrible, absolutely.
It should be said, though, that the people when later formed the rebellion by and large didn't like the Late Republic EITHER and in that era were against it's excesses and corruption. They didn't want to restore the Republic as it was at the end, they wanted to restore what it should have been.
Well, at least in legends. The nucanon New Republic is so shit and useless that I wouldn't say you're really wrong about them
>>
>>52172727
The old EU republic fucking sucked too.
>>
>>52172597

I wont lie, I will never and have never been an Impfag.

The X-Wing is my waifu and it always will be, and as such, the jockeys of the Rebellion wll always be my love.
That said, the most electrifying man in all space entertainment flies a mean starfighter.
>>
>>52172765
The Old Republic ate shit, sure, just as bad if not worse than in nucanon
Before the lolvong, which are still worse then aftermath, the NR were all fundamentally good and did the best they could in every crazy scenario they dealt with.
Of course vong+ is just as bad as nucanon "lol we imported Devlin stone from battletech and went loldisarmament" NR
>>
>>52172836
Don't get me started on Devlin FUCKING Stone!
>>
>>52172859
The Battletech dark ages in general were just awful.
>>
>>52162986
You'd never find out, it's the Navy, after all.
>>
File: TIE_striker_in-atmosphere.jpg (179KB, 1560x878px) Image search: [Google]
TIE_striker_in-atmosphere.jpg
179KB, 1560x878px
My TIE is best TIE because I flipped the panels sideways.
>>
>>52172859
I'm right with you there, buddy.
>>52172995
Ain't it funny how both the battletech and star wars writers got the "let's drastically fuck with the setting and start a new and edgier era completely unlike what we've done before" bug at just about the same time?
Hell, there's even Karen traviss for pure factionfag shit, only without the embezzlement
>>
>>52170409
I know in TFA her time was short, but It seemed like one of them each movie was going to get a lot of screen time. In Ep9, I figured she'd have a major role.
>>
>>52173129
What about the Navy would make finding that out impossible? People in the military, all branches, have sex like fucking rabbits, and no, I'm not kidding, they really fucking do.
>>
File: Tieinter2.jpg (149KB, 1020x735px) Image search: [Google]
Tieinter2.jpg
149KB, 1020x735px
My TIE fighter is best because pointiest
>>
File: TIE-M1_XWA.jpg (63KB, 572x600px) Image search: [Google]
TIE-M1_XWA.jpg
63KB, 572x600px
My TIE fighter is best flying turbolaser turret
>>
File: Mining_Guild_TIE_fighter_SWCT.png (972KB, 1110x1155px) Image search: [Google]
Mining_Guild_TIE_fighter_SWCT.png
972KB, 1110x1155px
RARE COLOR RARE COLOR RARE COLOR RARE COLOR
>>
File: Vader_TIEAdvanced_SWB.png (452KB, 700x550px) Image search: [Google]
Vader_TIEAdvanced_SWB.png
452KB, 700x550px
My TIE fighter is best because Vader will choke me if I don't say so.
>>
File: FOSpecForcesTIE1-Fathead.png (6MB, 3151x3800px) Image search: [Google]
FOSpecForcesTIE1-Fathead.png
6MB, 3151x3800px
TIME TO FIGHT THE REBELS AGAAAAAIN
>>
File: top gun.jpg (127KB, 800x531px) Image search: [Google]
top gun.jpg
127KB, 800x531px
>>52172783
>The X-Wing is my waifu and it always will be
Another man of impeccable taste, I see.
>>
>>52170283
That's not a mod, it was in the game as a secret code.
>>
File: TIEdefender_negvv.jpg (482KB, 928x800px) Image search: [Google]
TIEdefender_negvv.jpg
482KB, 928x800px
My TIE is best TIE because I glued an extra wing to it
>>
File: Tie_crawler_bw.jpg (38KB, 471x275px) Image search: [Google]
Tie_crawler_bw.jpg
38KB, 471x275px
"IT'S A JEEP THING, YOU WOULDN'T UNDERSTAND. "
>>
File: Squad 1.png (140KB, 1322x654px) Image search: [Google]
Squad 1.png
140KB, 1322x654px
>>52162712
sup /swg/, I want to make a triple T-70 X-wing list, and I'm stuck deciding between these two.

Of these 2 lists, which one would you say is better?

Crack shot one is able to alpha strike harder (Talon roll for F+T+Crack on second round of engangement) and then flip around continually, but the other one has consistency and potential repositioning, albeit with a predictable dial. It also can't afford Autos for
Red Ace.

Thoughts? Crack+Targeting, or PTL+R2?
>>
>>52173410
Isn't it actually the best TIE available, though?
>>
>>52173562
I'd lean with one on the right. PtL isn't that good on T-70s that aren't PS9 Poe. TA is also quite underrated I think, especially with PA.

Your R2, PtL, PA combo is intriguing to me though. So I'd say give both a try.
>>
File: Harold_Allnut.jpg (96KB, 900x675px) Image search: [Google]
Harold_Allnut.jpg
96KB, 900x675px
>>52163966
Grant Morrison confirmed for never actually reading a Batman comic
>>
>>52173631
The issue is that I presently only own 2 T-70's, and no Y-wings, I just want to have a couple non-empire and non-scum lists to loan to newer players, as up until now, those lists would have had to include 1 T-70 and Dash, Rey, or Han.

I'm deciding if I need to get a core T-70 and 2 copies of R2 astromech, or if I need to get one from the expansion.

Also, if anyone wants to trade away any copies of R2 astromech, I've got alt-art upgrades galore and acrylics to spare.
>>
>>52173605
No, you're thinking of the TIE Boat.
>>
File: TIE_Tadpole.jpg (307KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
TIE_Tadpole.jpg
307KB, 1280x1024px
My TIE is the best because it's CUTE!!!!
>>
>>52171539
You dodged a bullet there. Any GM willing to kick a player over an emergency IRL is bound to be a dick at some point. Don't worry about it, and buy a new mic; even cheap mics are better than no mic.
>>
File: yub yub commander.png (625KB, 499x645px) Image search: [Google]
yub yub commander.png
625KB, 499x645px
>>52173353

Always and forever.
TIEs are my favourite 'villain' fighters, and the A-Wing comes as a close second favourite to the X-Wing.
Sometimes you just gotta go fast.

In Star Citizen the whole reason I have an M50 racer is because its vaguely reminiscnt of the A-Wing and that makes me moist.
>>
>>52171924
I see you anons posting screenshots and webms of this a lot but I'm something of a newfag, what's this from?
>>
>>52173953
google "TIE Fighter Anime", first result.
>>
File: char.gif (142KB, 472x640px) Image search: [Google]
char.gif
142KB, 472x640px
>>52174051
Man, what I'd give for a real Star Wars anime with pic related as the voice of Turr Phennir.
>>
So if it turned out Earth was part of the Star Wars galaxy (discovered when the Empire blew up the White House and subjugated the planet) what would be the best answer for the apparent lack of Force users?

-Earth-based humans having a lower midichlorian count than average?
-They exist but have remained hidden for thousands of years?
-A number of monks and practitioners that can touch the Force but attribute it to a divine force of their belief?
-People are Force-sensitive but without training merely have "good luck" or certain feelings, like a shiver down your spine actually because of a disturbance in the Force?
>>
>>52174130
Both 3 and 4, man.
>>
>>52174130
We exist in a spooky Force black-spot, we're not dead so it's there but it's sleeping and very hard to reach. Are you a bad enough dude to travel to the dark heart of Africa and awaken the Force?
>>
>>52174195
>Are you a bad enough dude to travel to the dark heart of Africa and awaken the Force?

Nope, how about I start a gofundme campaign for a brave person like yourself?
>>
File: Trench Run Swarm.png (22KB, 447x411px) Image search: [Google]
Trench Run Swarm.png
22KB, 447x411px
I have 3 points in my Trench Run swarm left for EPTs on Howlrunner and on Vader.

Juke, Trick Shot, Crack Shot, VI and Adaptability all seem like they would work well.

What EPT's do you think would go well on them?
>>
>>52173953
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PN_CP4SuoTU

He's currently working on a short Street Fighter anime
>>
File: top gear africa special.jpg (88KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
top gear africa special.jpg
88KB, 640x360px
>>52174195
>travel to Africa
Tonight! Mark Hamill gets stuck in some mud! Billy Dee Williams gets malaria! And Denis Lawson rebuilds Rhodesia!
>>
File: Take it!.jpg (27KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Take it!.jpg
27KB, 500x281px
>>52174334
>Tonight! Mark Hamill gets stuck in some mud! Billy Dee Williams gets malaria! And Denis Lawson rebuilds Rhodesia!
>>
>>52174278
You'll want Swarm Tactics on Howlrunner to up one black to ps8, and maybe Calculation on Vader for a chance at double crits
>>
>>52174334
>Denis Lawson rebuilds Rhodesia!
Wedge in babypuke-green tactical short shorts when?
>>
File: 2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png (109KB, 2000x1207px) Image search: [Google]
2000px-Star_Wars_Logo.svg.png
109KB, 2000x1207px
Alright fuckers, throwing this out in the hope I can generate some serious interest beyond flakes and autists. Don't let me down.

https://app.roll20.net/campaigns/details/2086432/star-wars-beyond-the-republic
>>
>>52174489
No offense, but are you a beginner? Those are both bad upgrade choices, and calculation on Vader is terrible.

Shooting at PS 8 vs 4 isn't that important, and howlrunner has a huge target on her head, she will usually die after the first engagement.

Calculation on vader is terribad. With only 2 red dice base, that means most of his damage output is going to be 1 damage going through.

Hit-Hit-Crit vs Hit-Crit-Crit is pretty much the same thing- most ships that aren't Y's or VCX's will be able to negate 2 damage. Even then, sheilds exist. If I was doing that, Adaptability on Howl and Predator on Vader would work much more effectively.
>>
>>52174706
I guess your local meta may be different than mine but two PS8 trumps one PS9 if you ask me.

I can agree that Calc on Vader is a bit questionable so you could drop that for a 1 point init bid
>>
Played the Stealth Device/Autothrusters Interceptor trio today... My god that's a fun list. My first dabble into Empire, as a regular Scum player. It won't be my last :o)
>>
>>52174853
Yeah, 2 PS 8 is better than a PS 9 for shooting, but Howl wants PS to avoid getting target locked.

Shooting at PS8 isn't that big of a deal, as they will just PS-kill a different one of your 3 tie fighters. If they want to kill a ship before it shoots, there are 2 PS 4 ties to target. it does nothing effectively.

Vader wants Predator, Juke, VI, Crack, Adapt, or Trick Shot.

Howl wants Juke, Crack, VI. or Adapt.

There are few to no other EPT's that are useful on them, noting their wingmates.
>>
>>52174654
Link says I'm not authorised.
>>
Better link, come play some Force and Destiny

https://app.roll20.net/join/2086432/6IS0Nw
>>
>>52163475
Man, that CGI looked better when I was 10
>>
File: gear_squadron.gif (2MB, 500x208px) Image search: [Google]
gear_squadron.gif
2MB, 500x208px
>>52164101

I really, really want to use the Top Gear crew as an NPC X-Wing squadron for my next AoR game. Still need a good name for them, though...
>>
>>52174296
Isn't he also working on a mech series?
>>
>>52172370
Bingo. If anything, Tarkin's morbid and cold mindset was cemented by the sheer horror the CIS would unleash on civilians on a whim. Even at its worst the Empire wasn't as bad as the CIS, and while the Empire planned planet-destroying battlestations, the CIS planned and wanted to make biological weapons capable of wiping out the entire galaxy.

>>52172476
Even before Palpatine came along and started his mind games the Republic was a shitshow. Their senators would ignore everything bad and relax in their literal ivory towers. They couldn't even feed their own people. If people rioted, they'd hire criminals and mercenaries to come in and put them down with no concern for violence or deaths.

Say what you will about the Empire, its corruption, and its tendency to crack down hard on protests, but at least the Empire took care of its own people. If you didn't have tons of money in the Republic, no one gave a single shit about you, and even then it was hard to get support from anyone for anything. Being a Human also sucked, since the Senate's aliens completely outnumbered you by an unstoppable margin.
>>
>>52171546
>the "there are heroes on both sides" meme

yeah admiral bone to pick and his crew of killer droids really strike me as heroic figures
>>
>>52175219
Have Clarks Jrem (the squadron leader) threaten to fire a maintenance crewman he called "a lazy Correllian" right before punching him in the face.
>>
>>52175441
>hey couldn't even feed their own people. If people rioted, they'd hire criminals and mercenaries to come in and put them down with no concern for violence or deaths.

You keep saying this but what's your source?
>>
>>52175511
It's been said a lot by now. I think the source was in the last thread from some books. The Republic wasn't very nice to say the least.
>>
>>52175462

Nigger, watch Clone Wars.
Specifically the episode where Amidala goes to a Separatist planet to deal with a friend of hers who used to be a Republic Senator and is now a member of the Separatist Senate.

That friend tries to push for peace in the separatist senate, and is murdered behind the scenes by Dooku who blames it on the Republic.

There ARE good people on the side of the Separatists, but they sure as fuck arent in the military.
>>
>>52173353
Thats a funny way to spell Y-Wing
>>
>>52175534
There are no people in the separatist military, lol.
>>
How do I build an iconic recurring nemesis for my sniper party member? Got the story and motivation down but don't know how to handle him mechanically. Was thinking matching him at his own game but have no idea how to stat it. Saga btw
>>
>>52176027
Probably need to know the story and motivation to know how to stat em anon. They a sniper?
>>
>>52176059
Mando sniper is the idea I'm working on atm. Thought of slapping him with a squib tensor rifle but that feels a bit cheap
>>
>>52176027

Nah, go tht exact opposite.
A melee fighter who specialises in getting up as close as fucking possible as quickly as possible.

He has high stealth, is great at laying traps and planning ahead.

If there's a sniper, he's going to sneak around to them quiet as a corellian field mouse, trap the escape routes, and then go in for the knife kill up close where theyre weakest.
>>
>>52171539
Man even if you had a mic ive noticed most of the games on roll20 have unresponsive gms or are saga.
>>
>>52176654
I'll have one coming soon.
>>
>>52172727
>The nucanon New Republic is so shit and useless that I wouldn't say you're really wrong about them

Thats one of the few things that Disney did sort of right, I thought. Like, the original trilogy implies that the Empire rose in the first place because the Old Republic was exceedingly corrupt and generally awful. Hell, you only need to look at the D6 rulebook to see this (we also got "President Palpatine", which is hilarious to imagine). And that was all well and good, but the Original Trilogy never resolved that vital plot point. The NR just sort of establishes itself, no problem. Then the Prequel Trilogy came out, and it only compounded this problem by revealing that the creation of the GAR was largely responsible for creating the Empire, but like, how else are you going to defend yourself in war?

It frustrated me to no end that Disney set up a very interesting character plot for Leia, but did nothing with it. I mean, she grew up with her real mother and her adoptive father both being people who fought tooth and nail against the creation of the GAR, and now shes trying to create the new GAR to fight the First Order. Not to mention it makes for much better world building and story telling to address the corruption of the old republic. I really hope that the next two movies deal with this issue, but I'm not holding my breath.
>>
File: akuma.jpg (62KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
akuma.jpg
62KB, 600x800px
How would you stat an evil Matukai master as an FFG boss encounter? And how do I make the Shun Goku Satsu suitably terrifying but still leave opportunities for players survive and punish a whiffed attempt?
>>
>>52176672
Good luck with it. I ended up just making my warhammer group try something not grimdork. Though I'll want to read the character applications.
>>
>>52176813
>The NR just sort of establishes itself, no problem
>no problem
>First Battle of Borleias
>Thrawn
>Krytos virus and Isard
>Zsinj
>Jerec
>Pellaeon
>Daala
>Borsk
The Legends NR had a very rocky start. It took about a year and a shitload of dead Rebels to reach and liberate Coruscant. And afterwards, the NR still had to forge alliances, root out Imp spies, survive Imp warlords, and deal with Borsk "Source of everything wrong in the NR" Fey'lya. By Adumar, the NR still hadn't solved the issue of its proton torpedo shortage, either. The Legends GCW raged for years after the taking of Coruscant and establishment of the NR, too.
>>
>>52176965
You're absolutely right there, the EU NR had to fight to establish itself militarily, whereas the Nu EU didn't, and that's annoying as shit. But I'm not talking about battles or wars, I'm talking about internal corruption. Since at least 1988 it has been established that Empire happened because the OR was too corrupt to survive anymore. So what happened to all that corruption, in terms of narrative? Did it die with the Empire? Most people in the galaxy seem to have given up on democracy, so how do you make them believe again? How does the NR avoid making the mistakes that led to the death of the OR? All of these are great and pertinent questions, that never got answered in the EU, and it was a damn shame. Like you yourself said, pretty much everything wrong with the NR came back in some way to either Fey'lya or Iblis. Then like I said, the PT complicated things even further, by being all anti-military, when the NR had one since the 90s and worked just fine.

Basically, I'm saying that that the grand narrative of Star Wars would work best as "PT = the death of democracy, OT = the death of the dictatorship, NT = the rebirth of democracy", sorry if I'm not making much sense, it is a drinking holiday where I'm from.
>>
>>52176857
Look at the martial artist tree, add force dice. give autofire to to his fists. If it doesn't connect, becomes disoriented.
>>
>>52177311
>So what happened to all that corruption, in terms of narrative? Did it die with the Empire?
Bothans.
>>
>>52177311
It was mentioned somewhere that there was virtually no overlap between the OR and NR senator-wise, and they didn't resurrect things like giving megacorps their own seats, so it certainty seems like they were really trying to not repeat the issues of the OR
>>
>>52177311
>So what happened to all that corruption, in terms of narrative? Did it die with the Empire?
Basically yes. The old corrupt power elite badged over from republic to empire quite smoothly, and when the empire went down they went with it
>>
I signed up for X-Wing and Imperial Assault world championships. Anyone from /swg/ joining me?
>>
>>52177311
>>52178017
>>52178064
>the old republic was extremely corrupt
>some corruption carried over
>all of it died with the empire
>despite the NR being led by multiple figures from the former republic somehow it is magically corruption-free

It should've been made more obvious that the NR was a disaster in EU. It really should've been just as corrupt as the OR, if not moreso because of how many Separatists and criminals the Rebellion employed.
>>
>>52175153
Hell yeah, I'm in.
>>
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2017/3/14/swm-up-close-and-personal/

Next wave of armada. Quasars and Hammerheads.

I don't follow the rules so no idea how good it is. But the models are purty.
>>
>>52178313
You're ignoring how all holdovers from the OR in the NR were people who hated all the corruption in the OR
It wasn't the "alliance to set things back to right before the end", the goal was a new, better republic
>>
>>52178586
Holy shit those defense mitigation upgrades are making me hard
>>
>>52178586
>EU's Revenge
>>
Hey, does anyone know where I can buy a title cards for X-Wing? Looking for the TIE/x1 for <$5.00 per card

Thanks
>>
>>52178697

Hammerheads and Quasars are both in Rebels now.

And actually, the light carrier was stolen by the Rebs too.
>>
>>52178586

>Imperials getting the Quasar Fire instead of the Imperials

...the fuck is this horseshit?

Just give them the fucking Bulk-Carrier or the Star Galleon, don't give the wrong faction the wrong ship.
I mean yeah, sure the Imperials have Quasar Fires, but they also have Corvettes and Neb-B's, because thats where the Rebels stole them from.
We REALLY need a "Stolen Ship" upgrade that allows the Rebels to field Imperial ships now.
>>
>>52178738
And both designs originated in Legends.
>>
>>52178745

>Imperials getting the Quasar Fire instead of Rebels even

Why are all my typos of the kind that result in the sentence meaning the complete opposite of what I want it to mean? EVERY TIME?
>>
>>52178745

LFL baby. It's an "Imperial Light Carrier" because quite frankly there's some technical or marketing loser in the company who is a retard and thinks ship need dumb, obvious names and only guidebook writers and EU old hands remember that ships need boss class names (like many IRL ships) like "Mandator" or "Victory". Guys drawing all the assets and writing the trivia or doing public stuff have to baby it down because they are similar to small children in that they probably aren't sure how to pronounce "Quasar".
>>
>>52178838
>Hi, I'm going spout BS now
>>
>>52178838

Well bring back the fucking Bulk Carrier then. Or wait for Rebels to bring back the fucking Bulk Carrier and in the meantime give the Imperials, I don't know the Star Destroyer from TFA.

...actually I wouldn't mind that, the design on that thing was actually pretty sweet.

I'd say that WizKids would have already put that thing in the game (as a Tournement Grand Prize) if they were doing it.
But as we all know "Wizkids would do it" is not a good reason to do anything, including breathing.
>>
>>52178313
>It should've been made more obvious that the NR was a disaster in EU.
It should have, sure. But it wasn't really an option.

Most of the post-Endor EU was written in the 80s. No one knew at the time the exact circumstances of the fall of the republic, the clone wars, or the rise of the Empire, and so any stories that mentioned those elements glossed over them as much as possible. I'm pretty sure some elements were even completely off limits. Authors couldn't pay lip service to the corruption of the OR because they just didn't know enough about it and didn't know it would be such a focal point of the prequels.

By the time TPM came out, the NJO was already in the works (1997 and 1999) and it became way less relevant to focus on the old republic in post-Endor canon since the NR had been running the show for two decades now (both canonically and in real time).

It's just a symptom of writing the stories out of order.
>>
>>52178947
Just kidding, TPM and Vector Prime came out the same year (1999). Don't know where I got 97 from
>>
>>52162712
Any fresh scans out?

Special Mods is kinda wonky and forged in Battle are wonky.

I know I am a cheap ass, but that grad school life
>>
>>52178897

I think the problem with the Finalizer is while it's not SSD huge the thing is like twice the length of a normal ISD or something like that, FFG would basically have to do the "epic" equivalent for Armada to handle it's huge-itude. Not that I would mind because they've recanonized like, command dreadnoughts like the Mandator and stuff though.
>>
>>52178017
>>52178064
>>52178598
Its not a matter of if they did it, but how they did it, that determines whether its good writing or not. For example, you could just say the original trilogy ends when Palpatine fall down a flight of stairs and dies offscreen. That's as good of an ending as the one we got right? I mean, Palpatine dies in both. But that isn't a good ending because thats a really lame and anticlimactic way for the series to end.

Likewise, having the NR just magically weed out all corruption from the former government is really lame, and anticlimactic. Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, all these great heroes failed to root out the corruption from the old republic, but the new heroes can do it without any explanation? The thing about corruption is that you can't just divide it between "clean" and "dirty senators". If we could, it wouldn't be a compelling plot element. And even if it was, how did the NR know who was corrupt and who wasn't? How do they stop new corruption from starting and spreading? Whats the difference between them and the old heroes?
>>
>>52179263
>Anakin, Obi-Wan, Yoda, all these great heroes failed to root out the corruption from the old republic
They weren't trying, that was the exact point of a bunch of OR era media. The Jedi couldn't, wouldn't and dirn't do anything about it, because they're too caught up in it's systems
>>
>>52178586

Oh shit, Im pretty hype for this.
>>
>>52179441
This was the whole failing of the Order.
They should have never been involved with the republic. They need to be kept separate.
>>
File: 1416936638928.png (6KB, 246x242px) Image search: [Google]
1416936638928.png
6KB, 246x242px
>>52178586
>Rhymerballs supported by Sloane and whatever ridiculous titles the Quasar gets
As if Jendon and Stele weren't bad enough already
>>
Well, my FaD just fell through. In fighting and drama spelt death for our little group of Jedi.

Goddammit. Why can't any group stick together for more than 2 sessions?

Anyone looking for players? EotE, AoR or FaD ideally
>>
>>52180301
See
>>52175153
>>
File: tie_raptor.jpg (7KB, 201x214px) Image search: [Google]
tie_raptor.jpg
7KB, 201x214px
My Tie is best because 'tis but a scratch
>>
>>52180381

I feel like if the Solar Panels were a little bigger, and could move in flight the TIE Raptor could actually look kinda cool.
>>
>>52180449

Like a TIEViper?
>>
>>52180472

Is that a real thing?
>>
>>52180488

I don't think so, but I was wondering if that kinda was what you thought. I'd sure as hell want to see if if somebody did it.
>>
File: vic viper.jpg (749KB, 900x648px) Image search: [Google]
vic viper.jpg
749KB, 900x648px
>>52180528
Galactica Viper, Vic Viper, or F-16?
>>
>>52180548

StarViper

But if somebody wants to pop a Vic Viper in there, that'd be pretty good.
>>
>>52180301
>>52180325
Is that the TFA-related game mentioned in the last thread?
>>
>>52164258
* I mean the one mentioned in this thread.
>>
Wave 11 https://twitter.com/WatchItPlayed
>>
>>52180700
Don't know, just saw it linked here and in the game finder thread. Looks cool though and I want to play a game unconstrained by canon.
>>
>>52180862

>TIE Agressor

What.

Also, what the fuck is up with that gunship.

...wait, is that really how small the H-6 was?
>>
>>52180862

Ew, I hope that's not legit. Armada was announced earlier today so that's not a guarantee. I'm not opposed to the havok or the aggressor (and it shows FFG is still open to the EU) but the gunship? With reinforce on a non-Epic ship? Just seems gross.
>>
>>52180996

It's some wookiee ship which was in rebels for like 5 minutes.

I don't know about the Havoc, it's like 22m long so maybe? It looks kind of right. Will it be a small base ship is the question.

That said, I'm pretty sure there should be two scum ships this wave, lest FFG leave scum several ships behind by the time VII rolls around.
>>
>>52180862
Please don't let that be legit, the Auzituck looks fucking retarded and I don't want another 1 agility ship even if it has a reinforce action.
>>
>>52181004

It seems pretty legit. FFG do like their SW-Galaxy ships after all. The Agressor would be the first small base Imperial with a Turret.
I don't know what's going on with the Gunship though. Where is that even from?
>>
>>52180862

Also, man, people are gonna be super butthurt if that is legit and the Empire not only gets a ship with the turret slot, but TLT out the box. For only 17 points.

The salt will flow.
>>
>>52180625
>But if somebody wants to pop a Vic Viper in there
The Protectorate Starfighter has that angle covered.
>>
>>52181066

See >>52181055

It was also apparently in some other shit.

I like the look of the Aggressor, that looks like a great mini, and people will laud it as a great boon, bringing back EU ships (even with real trashy lazy canon ships like the Gunship) and stuff people wanted.

No shot of the Havoc pack though... I will continue to be suspicious until I see a real announcement.
>>
>>52180862
>Tie Aggressor
>wtf is that?
>read wookiepedia

This is going to suck isn't it?
>>
>>52181128

It's a TIE with a turret slot, it's also going to be the cheapest IRW money terms ship to come with a TLT.

I just wish I could fucking read any of this blurb text.
>>
File: TIE series.jpg (290KB, 1780x1040px) Image search: [Google]
TIE series.jpg
290KB, 1780x1040px
>>52181128
No, anon. It's the beginning of something beautiful.
>>
File: TIE-Aggressor.jpg (110KB, 544x440px) Image search: [Google]
TIE-Aggressor.jpg
110KB, 544x440px
>>52180862
Nym's Havoc makes sense since its already in Armada.

The Wookiee gunship makes sense because NuCanon Rebels

Somebody at FFG REALLY loves Star Wars Galaxies. I'd prefer to see something like the TIE Vanguard for a weird support ship
>>
>>52181158
Do we really need to post this picture in every thread?
>>
>>52181128

I dunno, how do you like the idea of imperials with a 5 health, 23 (25 for LWF) point TLT carrier which has barrel roll?

>>52181162

>Somebody at FFG REALLY loves Star Wars Galaxies.

I think SWG and it's need for faction balance has given FFG a lot to work with in terms of ships, and obviously MMOs need for NPC population means lots of useful names.
>>
File: 1486667819274.png (44KB, 152x254px) Image search: [Google]
1486667819274.png
44KB, 152x254px
>>52181173
Every day until you like it.
>>
Aw shit, I'm seeing multiple sources. Looks like X-Wing might be legit.

Havoc picture shows BOTH scum and rebel dials. But the picture is so awful I can't read the stats.
>>
File: TIEHistory.jpg (1MB, 3000x2400px) Image search: [Google]
TIEHistory.jpg
1MB, 3000x2400px
>>52181173
Bask in it
>>
File: 4140513267_f498d4313d_o.jpg (71KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
4140513267_f498d4313d_o.jpg
71KB, 640x480px
REBEL WAVE XII SPOILERS
>>
>>52181282
Yub yub, Commander.
>>
>>52181270
The Eta-2 is still my shipfu.
>>
File: C66v6SSWgAYYh5H.jpg (238KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
C66v6SSWgAYYh5H.jpg
238KB, 2048x1536px
So we got a 2/2/4/1 17 point TIE with focus, target lock, barrel roll, and a turret slot plus it looks like maybe two missiles? It's got a double sided elite talent called Intensity that seems to say small ship only and something else, TLT and some other turret upgrade that seems like it might say "Attack (Focus)" like the blaster turret, and a two missile slot upgrade. Last card is either a modification or a title.
>>
>>52181346
Oh wait I think the text next to the small ship limitation on the elite talent just says "Dual Card"
>>
>>52181346

Yeah, the /AG has two missile slots looks like, and one of it's upgrades is for two missiles.

the last card is Lightweight Frame, which was first published in the Striker - and the Aggressor is compatible with at 2 AGI.
>>
File: C66vst8W0AAoS-l.jpg (118KB, 1200x900px) Image search: [Google]
C66vst8W0AAoS-l.jpg
118KB, 1200x900px
And now the Aussie tuck seems to be a 3/1/6/3 with focus and mother fucking reinforce for 24 points with two crew slots. It's got a rule card for auxiliary fire arcs which lends legitimacy to the rumor someone posted here months back that it would have side arcs since it doesn't appear to have a rear arc but it's very hard to tell. It's got a 2 crew slot upgrade that appears to say something like "Wookie Gun team" or "Wookie Commandos" or something, rebel only and something about a focus result, looks like "when attacking you may reroll one focus result". Behind that is a unique elite talent that seems to also say rebel only. Behind that is two crew, one of which tactician I think. Behind that is another elite talent that I think is Intimidation, behind that's another title or modification.
>>
>>52181247
Can you post the Havoc pics here?
>>
>>52181487

Yeah, the visible cardboard doesn't seem to show it has aux arcs, unless the details are just too bad. Maybe there's a specific pilot or upgrade which grants that ability?
>>
>>52181559

I can link you to them anyway

https://twitter.com/TheBoardRoomGC/status/841804076958408704
>>
>>52181559

I don't think there are any yet. The Havoc having Rebel and Scum dials interests me if true. To be honest unless the Agressor has an upgrade that makes it an absolutely must have I can't see myself getting either of the other two.
>>
File: C66wUYrVwAE_Ojc.jpg (78KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
C66wUYrVwAE_Ojc.jpg
78KB, 1200x675px
>>52181617
Wow those really are pretty shit quality even compared to the mediocre Aussie and Agg pics.

Best I can guess is probably 2/1/5/5 since it's got 5 shield tokens and the shield and hull values on the bases look like they're the same. Action bar looks like focus, lock ons, and I think barrel roll but it could be something else entirely. Points cost is way too blurry for me to even try and guess at, same for the upgrade bar which is packed to shit with indistinguishable icons.

Upgrade cards it looks like two of something, probably proton bombs since the bright bits seem to be in the same spots and it's got the two proton bomb tokens. I think I see Cad Bane on a card, but it doesn't look like it has a unique dot next to it so maybe its a generic card that just happens to have a blue dude with a cowboy hat for a picture. I think the bottom front card is a unique title with a couple icons in a huge text description? Rest is indistinguishable, it's got four rule cards though so if it's one for dropping bombs and one for proton bomb detonation that leaves two for other effects.
>>
File: mayonnaise.png (452KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
mayonnaise.png
452KB, 640x480px
Is there any way to add the Cortosis quality to a weapon? Adding it to armor is there, but not weapons...
>>
>>52178586
>Armada got hammerheads before XWM
Fuck Armada.
>>
>>52181764
Fuck, I guess the unique title is the Havoc title since the ship itself is called the Scurrg. Realized it as soon as I posted.
>>
>>52181572
wasn't it rumoured to have side arcs? could be that maybe.
>>
>>52181764

People with eyes are saying it should have two new bombs in it.

My money is on a bomb which inflicts Tractor tokens.
>>
>>52181814
>My money is on a bomb which inflicts Tractor tokens.
Some sort of Grav bomb?
>>
>>52181813

It was, but judging from the YVs arcs they should still be visible in that image with the dotted lines. Obviously since the base is smaller they might have re-arranged the formatting, but still it doesn't look like it has them. But obviously, it must get them somewhere as it has the aux arc rule card.

>>52181837

Yeah, there was something like that in the Space Mines section of the last EotE book.
>>
>>52181346
God Damn, as a mostly empire player, it's time to clear some space in my case.

I need to get a box (Not a binder) for either my pilot or upgrade cards. Besides those Print-your-own ones, what works?
>>
File: Swx31-HoundsToothComponents.png (723KB, 700x649px) Image search: [Google]
Swx31-HoundsToothComponents.png
723KB, 700x649px
>>52181855
>>52181813
>>52181487
>>52181572

For comparison, this is what the YVs auxiliary arcs look like.
>>
>>52181764
have slightly better quality picture.

It has a rebel and scum dial so this is a dual faction ship out of the box.
Wonder how they'll do the pilots, there's 5 cards so maybe 2 uniques from each faction and a dual faction generic?

pretty sure those aren't proton bombs, token is different and the pair of bomb upgrade cards dont look like the proton bomb card.
>>
>>52181814
On second analysis I think you're right, what I thought were proton bombs are probably something entirely new since their name takes two lines and proton bombs are only one line.
>>
>>52180862
Feels so "Eh". I mean the Havoc is cool I guess, but the Wookie Gunship seriously?
>>
>>52181487

>EPT with a unique dot
>"Selfl"

Is it time for Rebels to get their faction locked -lessness card? Selflessness perhaps?
>>
>>52181896
I love the protec ultra pro binders
>>
>>52181785
"Weapons with the Cortosis quality are immune to the Sunder quality"
-F&D page 163

Git Gud
>>
>>52182000

Waste of digits, zeroes, you look like a complete ass.
>>
>>52182024
Ouch. Guess I won't help next time. Agreed that it's a waste of trips though
>>
>>52181956
I don't really want a binder though. until now, I've jammed everything into the one plano and 1 foam case(large ships), and I own 40 ships. I like being able to grab 1 box, 2 if i am using a large ship.

I'll be adding 2-4 Aggressors to that box, but right now, it's 100% full.
>>
>>52182000
I read that. I was asking about ADDing Cortosis to a weapon that didn't already have it.

My F&D GM is allowing us to exchange our character-creation lightsaber for any other weapon with a total value of 10,000. I was planning on using a tricked-out vibro-ax for flavor reasons (he doesn't believe he's actually Force sensitive). At the same time, I don't want to be against lightsaber-wielding enemies and be the only one without a Sunder-proof weapon. Hence the question.
>>
>>52182116
It's a fluffy enough choice. Any sane GM would probably green-light it. Cortosis and cortosis-weave weapons show up all the time in Legends, so you've got lore precedent for it.
>>
>>52181346
Isn't there already a TIE with a turret?
>>
>>52181941
Yeah I really don't know how to think about the Wookie Gunship. It's the same functional statline as the ARC and also having auxiliary arcs, but with reinforce instead of target locks and extra crew instead of torpedo and astromech? It's just strange.
>>
>>52182092
I got 3 of the 2x2 binders, one for each, faction, and It works for me. But I also got a huge collection too
>>
>>52182157
Is it really that strange when you have literally who legends ships as well?
>>
>>52182146
Nope
>>
>>52182173
I guess not, but at least with most of the other ships you can tell what their intended role is. With the Auzituck the rebels practically just got a heavy gunship with an aux arc. I guess this is the first small ship with two crew slots but that doesn't seem like a very meaningful thing to add, especially if the double crew card they're packing with it is something as minor as "reroll one focus" like it seems to be.
>>
File: FB_IMG_1489540682224.jpg (48KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1489540682224.jpg
48KB, 960x720px
>>52181914
and i missed the picture

>>52181897
what i heard was proper side arcs, like 270 degre total arc. which in yhe blurryness may have the lines lost in the stats detail.
>>
>>52182337
I can see the circle! Cad Bane crew card confirmed!
>>
>>52182337

Like a broadside/all but rear? Hm, also possible, though a bit strange for a ship which looks like it only has fixed forward guns (though enough for 3 dice). That said, the image as is is still too blurry to count on. It doesn't look like it has the dotted aux lines anywhere (and what looks like the normal primary arc lines are visible), but I wouldn't want to say for sure in that lighting. Again, obviously there's something.
>>
>>52182417
I think it has big side doors like the republic gunship so presumably side arcs would be wookies shooting out the doors.
>>
File: pic2222260.jpg (1MB, 3000x1987px) Image search: [Google]
pic2222260.jpg
1MB, 3000x1987px
>>52182469
Never mind, it actually seems to be make a point of focusing all its weapons to the front so I dunno what the fuck the auxiliary shit could be.
>>
Is the Double Missile upgrade a Punisher/Bomber fix?

The Aggressor, Punisher, and Bomber are the only 3 that can equip it.
>>
Passive Aggression:

PS2 TIE/AG (17) + Lightweight Frame (2) + TLT (6) = 25 x4
>>
Wave 11 announcement article when?

There is an article up for Armada already.
>>
>>52182668
It's a swarm you don't have to fly in formation
>>
>>52182668
I want to try 3 of the PS5 Elites, each with either Predator or Expertise, LWF, and TLT. .

That's probably going to be 30. That alternatively could mean 2 of them and a Phantom/tricked out defender.
>>
Mother

Fucking

Assault

Gunboat

WHEEN
>>
>>52182787
NEVER
E
V
E
R
>>
>>52182787
Never ever

Optimistically, I could see it coming in the downtime between Episode 8 and Han Solo
>>
>>52182787
Every time someone asks, FFG delays the Gunboat by another wave.
>>
>>52182816
Or next season of rebels since they are showing bathrooms and defenders
>>
>>52181346
>>52181390
It looks like the two missile slot is named "Unguided Rockets"

The rightmost card is "Intensity[Exhausted] and it's a dual card. Left of that is a turret I don't recognize, then Twin Laser Turrets, then what seems to be "Unguided Rockets," and then Lightweight Frame.

Neat.
>>
>>52182761
why not ruthlessness. get 4 damage out of each tlt.
>>
>>52183224
Further reading: Intensity seems to read "At the end of the combat phase, you may spend 1 focus or evade token to flip this card."

Cost could be 0 or 2, too blurry to tell
>>
File: ms fortune kill me.jpg (93KB, 329x475px) Image search: [Google]
ms fortune kill me.jpg
93KB, 329x475px
>All these groups looking to play
>working two jobs and have no time
>>
Anyone think we'll ever get crew cards of Chirrut or K2-S0? Maybe the Zeta-Class Cargo Shuttle?
>>
>>52183399

Well, if the leaks are legit (and they look like it) FFG is paving the way for dual faction in box. It's entirely possible they could drop a Rebel/Imperial Zeta class which could include crew (and possibly pilot) card for K2 or Chirrut.

Listen, the fucking wookie gunship from the Rebels pilot is probably a thing, and may not be awful (okay, gameplay, it will forever be an ugly mini). AND they just brought back a couple of Legends ships. AND Palp, Defenders, Zuckuss and Manaroo got nerfed. AND Sycks will be viable and cool.

Basically, I'm saying X-Wing is a wide fucking open world right now. You could tell me the next wave will have a Scum Vong Coralskipper and I'd be like "Man, I just don't know."
>>
>>52183399
the characters is likely.
ship maybe not so much. rebels and imperials lready have a bunch of shuttles and theres not much of a shortage of ships to drawn from since it looks like FFG can still look at legends.
>>
>>52183472
Yeah, I don't think they'd try to make it work like a shuttle. But since bringing epic mechanics into the regular game is their style lately, it could have cargo slots instead of crew?
>>
>>52183276
Intensity costs 2.

>>52183234
Now I'm regretting trading away one copy from my decimator. Time to try to trade alt-art upgrades for them.
>>
>>52183500

My personal thought would be like, 1 crew, 1 system, 2 cargo - then give it a Cargo, Title or Mod to have an energy limit (and gain some energy) to use all the cargo options, or just settle for the ones that need energy to work.

Tactical Jammer + EM Emitter would be pretty dank in 100/6. Add cluster bombs in the second slot, you've got a freaking barrage balloon.
>>
Would a derelict capital ship from the clone wars be a good "dungeon"?
Suggestions?
>>
>>52183457
I think next wave will focus on bringing epic actions to standard play to bring people into that delicious epic bux
>>
>>52183365
>all these groups
>1 out of 5 of them are actually any good

You're not missing much, my friend.
>>
>>52183777
Yes, Watch the rebels episode where they go to a CIS base and attempt to take it. Failing droids, old strategies, classic battle droids.

If you wanted to do a Republic ship, you'd have to invent a reason its populated. Filled in with akk dogs or something maybe?
>>
>>52183777
I don't see why not. FnD had an adventure that ended on a KOTOR era ship, with a Basilisk droid as the boss IIRC.
>>
>>52183365
>>52183806
>1 out of 5
I honestly doubt even 1

Most of them never make it past the second game
>>
>>52183777
Sure. Still-active droids, environmental dangers, obsolete weapons. Sounds fun
>>
File: Crimson_Corsair_cover.jpg (85KB, 754x960px) Image search: [Google]
Crimson_Corsair_cover.jpg
85KB, 754x960px
>>52183777
Why not? There was a TFA short story about just that!
In fact I highly recommend you read it. Especially if you liked TCW.
>>
>>52183781
If you can get epic actions in standard play why would that make people want to buy epic ships? Wouldn't it do the opposite since people could get some of what epic offers without dropping 60+ bucks on a single ship?
>>
>>52183822
A republic ship could be a pitate/smugglers cache. Say it has a totally fucked hyperdrive and power core, which is why it's been left adrift all this time. Smugglers righed in their own power core that just enough to keep lights, airlocks and life support (barely) functional.

populate with guards, traps or even a goods delivery/pickup crew to suit your needs.
>>
>>52183777
Definitely. You can never go wrong with aping Aliens, Event Horizon, or Space Hulk.
>>
>>52184044
Ah, I like this idea
Almost a priate base for a large gang?
The ship can't really fly but drifts around. Its low and off the grid, providing perfect cover.
Make sure its rigged with explosives for a permanent exit and dramatic PC exit
>>
>>52175483
>>52175219
Jezza Sunlark, Riccord Haymon, Jaim Smayye, and 5t-1g are High Cog Squadron.
>>
>>52184104
Could always have the pirates decide to hire the PCs to clear out a spooky part of the ship they sealed off. Walking away with pirate allies if that's what they/you want.
>>
>>52181487

Dear X-Wing gang,

I was the guy who was posting about this newly spoiled wave months ago. A couple of you always showed up to tell me I was full of shit, so I'm here to say: Haha.

"Yes" to side arcs on the Wookie Gunship. It was a really boring ship in playtesting. There's a Wookie Commando crew card that let it get around the anti-offense drawback of Reinforce, so the only build was it would take that crew and reinforce every damn turn.

IIRC the "double missile" doesn't require a target lock to fire and doesn't get flipped after one use (not sure if its multiple uses or unlimited) but it has limits on the modifications you can do to the roll.

The Aggressor has some plasma turret thing, don't know what it does.

This is where I remind you of the other future rules I spoiled: The Force. In X-Wing. Sorry, happening!
>>
>>52184436
Tell me we're getting blue squadron anon
>>
File: batman 3d glasses.png (50KB, 323x295px) Image search: [Google]
batman 3d glasses.png
50KB, 323x295px
>>52184343
>Capship turned pirate base has recently had some major issues forcing crew to withdraw to hangars and reactor room.
>Mynocks have infested the ship, draining power and parasitizing the pirate vessels
>Dianogas crawl through the water reservoir and sewer system, meaning a trip to the refresher is putting your life in your own hands.
>but worst is the thing in the shadows, it grabs lone sentries and scavengers dragging them screaming off into the bowels of the ship, never to been seen again.
>>
>>52184436

Here's how I know you're probably still wrong, and you're either very disconnected from the playtest process or just lucky.

There's no offense drawback to Reinforce, you just get no other action, AND sharp eyes are saying wookie commandos lets you reroll a focus when defending. There's no reason not to reinforce every turn, except well, then you don't get focus - but that's what other rebel ships are for.

You also claim the turret is a "plasma" turret when it pretty clearly starts with an "S".

Now, mayhaps once upon a time what you tried was real - but I don't lend you much credibility if so, because clearly whatever you're looking at isn't what's making it to the table. Or it was and you just have a terrible fucking memory, in which case, you're still wrong because you can't remember it right.
>>
>>52184436
>>52184629

Also, didn't you say the scum ship this wave would be the Mining Guild TIE, or was that some other asshole?
>>
>>52184651
pretty sure its the same guy. He was claiming that they were adding "the Force" as a game mechanic in that post as well.
>>
>>52184703

I mean, given the relative accuracy of the spoilers - I'm willing to entertain the idea he may have seen or spoken to somebody about some playtest documents, but even now with the spoilers out there's enough inconsistencies or outright incorrectness in the statements that I would advise against anyone taking his predictions as gospel. At the very least, playtesting should result in changes and revisions which could render the prediction void.
>>
File: Blegh.jpg (34KB, 930x930px) Image search: [Google]
Blegh.jpg
34KB, 930x930px
So I tried an X-Wing Tournament at my LGS.
I consider myself to be pretty damn good at X-Wing, able to plan and shoot my way out of pretty much any situation. I knew tournament players would be better than my friends, so I built a pretty optimized squad.
My first match was pretty good. I lost my Inquisitor at the end, but I stomped his squad pretty well. We both had fun.
The second game was against this dude with a Super Bowl hat+hoody, a permafrown, some kids, and came off like he didn't enjoy life very much. It felt like he was annoyed just being there. He even got annoyed at how I rolled my dice. He came in with Palpaces and did a clean sweep of my forces. He seemed very "Eh" about this.
My third opponent was this super jumpy and excitable sperg with BroBots. He Alpha Struck me and won very easily. I take solace in that he was at least having fun, but calm the fuck down.
In the end, Permafrown won and seemed to take no joy in his victory, or the game, or his prize, or in life itself.
Is this what tournaments are like? I almost feel soured on the game itself.
>>
>>52184827
yeah pretty much. You should see the MtG tournaments.
>>
>>52184827
"Professional" tabletop ruins table top. It promotes min-maxing and that winning is the goal instead of having fun. I'd be fine if it kept to itself, but the attitude always comes back to the regular LGS and try-hards just ruin everything. They run lists exclusively played in tournaments, just want to win, and don't care about enjoying the game.

I hate saying shit like its just a game, but it is just a game. We are moving little space ship toys around a table. Its supposed to be fun.
Its why I stopped playing magic, its why I stopped playing 40k, and its why even x-wing is going to die for me.

It might just be nostalgia, but I miss the days when I could show up at my LGS, and just play some casual games with the people there. Where we would be joking and having a blast.
>>
File: consider the following.jpg (208KB, 616x725px) Image search: [Google]
consider the following.jpg
208KB, 616x725px
>>52184827
This is what tabletop games are like. XW's community and player base is probably the normiest of all of tabletop gaming by a large margin due to it's ease of access and because it's Star Wars.

There's a couple of dudes in my local XW pool that are total stereotypes, but they're heavily into Magic and other games that foster a hyper autistic community and it's pretty much all they do with their time, XW is more of a side hobby. Most of the people I play XW with are certified nerds in their own right, we play RPGs and shit together but we also have jobs and social lives, so our personalities aren't defined by the games.

>he said, while posting on 4chan
The irony is not lost on me.
>>
>>52184931
Tell me about it, it's pretty unenjoyable to show up with a different list every week, trying out weird shit and rebel swarms and whatnot and just keep seeing defenders, Palp aces and Jumpmasters over and over again. At least the guys I play with aren't dicks about it but it would be nice to not be the only one doing something more imaginative than tournament meta lists with ~10 points swapped out for something barely different.
>>
>>52184986
As much as I hate random packs,
this is why I love drafting.
The complete random element. Everyone plays random stuff, everything is crazy, cards that never see the light of day become central to your play. A ship that's a waste of points becomes your ace. My friends and I tried to make a semi draft for this, but its hard to random both ships and cards in an even way while still having the ability to make enough points
>>
Building an Inquisitor as a bad guy for my players to face as a recurring enemy. Should I use the template in the back of FaD, or build one as if its a high exp player?
>>
>>52173223
oi don't talk shit about traviss
>>
>>52185088
use template but tinker to fit your campaign.
>>
>>52185126
Seems simpler. Will likely use the template and add some force powers here and there. Might also add more then what the recomend for talents in the prebuild. My players are pretty high exp and I fear they could destroy the base inquisitor faster then I would like to make them feel scary.
>>
>>52184436
You mentioned mining guild tie and Maul's ship from rebels... Well?
>>
>>52185162
I find the Natural "___" talents are pretty great, because you generally are only going to use the enemy once a session anyway.
>>
>>52184436
>>52185177
These leaks are best found by looking up the name of the wookie ship on an archive-

http://archive.4plebs.org/tg/search/text/Auzituck/

it looks like there are actually 2 leakers, with different accuracy in their leaks.

One called the agressor, scurrg, and the wooden ship, and the other called the mining tie and force powers.
>>
>>52185256
Looking at this further, mining tie/force powers guy also called out the new ion-pulse shields for the Syk, but he also thought that they were going to be faction unrestricted, as opposed to being non-empire.

There are exposed to stuff early, but it is likely that there are 2 of them.
>>
>>52185323

So, we may actually have leakers - but they're early playtesters or hearing FOF stuff and either they don't follow up or FFG doesn't follow up - and as the public we have no way of knowing what that shit will look like by the time it reaches us.
>>
So, what's the theme of this wave? Double slot upgrades?
>>
>>52185665
Giving factions shit the others already had that they didn't. Empire gets a turret slot, Scum gets a heavy bomber, Rebels get something that can survive alpha strikes.
>>
>>52185498
Hopefully FFG doesn't add force dice. If they need to add new dice, have them be like IA or armada dice and have them be used for strange attacks.
>>
>>52185735
Wooden wookie ship is probably goingto be boring. 4 of them at PS 1 with commandos might be a thing, albeit one with bad offense. That's some annoying damage mitigation to deal with, especially for a 2-dice ship. Ready to watch a 9 HP ship refuse to die?
>>
>>52185761

Yeah, I kind of think X-Wing's missed the boat on different dice types (and don't they have different colored dice as prizes?) But if they did do it I'd much prefer like, a dice which is like 3 Crits and 5 blanks, or like, 6 hits but the other 2 are blank or something. Or like, a die which has no crit faces but has like an x2 hit face or something.
>>
>>52185794

Trying to give rebels less reason to run biggs? I mean, you don't have to run him like with ARCs, but he was a pretty big crutch for them for a while there. Now we've just skipped the middleman - get damage mitigation even if they throw ordnance at you.
>>
>>52185794
Yeah I mean we know half the cards its coming with since they're old cards, we've got a good guess at one of the new ones, and the base ship isn't particularly interesting. It's only got two unique pilot abilities, a crew and a unique elite talent to maybe have some interesting mechanic in them to make it be anything but just a bland meatshield for you to put support crew in.
>>
>>52185867

Hopefully it's more than that, because the U-Wing is like 900% cooler than that wookiee flying tree and should have that job but nobody really plays it because it's basically too balanced it doesn't excel or stand out enough to be a real killer ship.

Though who knows, maybe the gunship crew stuff will enhance the U-Wing.
>>
>>52185905
If it's got a 270 degree firing arc I think it will be more comparable to the generic YT-1300 than a U-wing, further putting a nail in the coffin of the poor Outer Rim Smuggler.
>>
I'm looking to run EotE and I'm having a problem coming up with missions for the players. Any tips for coming up with some?
>>
>>52183777
One section of the "Beyond the Rim" module has the PCs exploring a downed CIS banking ship on a jungle world in wild space. They keep it pretty rules light but have a few good ideas for living things and perils inside he ship. Unfortunately [Spoiler] the survivor have made a camp nearby and have stripped the ship of all its droids and useful bits over the 20+ years so none of that kind of stuff is there to threaten pcs [/spoiler]. Still good for getting you going.

Threads probably going to fall off before I get any good answers, but any single sitting adventure good to run for eote? Ive run the beginner game a few times and I'm bored of it and need something for saturday
>>
>>52186265
What's the context? Are they mostly looking to be smugglers, bounty hunters, explorers, etc; it matters.
>>
>>52186280
Under a Black Sun looks solid but I've never played it myself.
https://images-cdn.fantasyflightgames.com/filer_public/18/ff/18ff8afe-bf19-47a3-97e5-a313ded3d6b3/under_a_black_sun_lores.pdf
>>
>>52186292
I guess that's the problem is that they seem fairly ambivalent about the whole thing. They're excited to play star wars but they aren't sure what they want to do in the universe.
>>52185735
were there leaks of the new xwing wave?
>>
>>52185162
Give you Inky army/navy support. Sure, he might not be the most powerful dude in CQC but damn he's got a lot of assets to bring to the fight.

No saberjockey i know of can block proton bombs
>>
>>52186327
Scroll up man, the whole thread is full of the leak pics and analysis.
>>
>>52186327
Just base your missions on whatever the group composition is like then. If you've got a lot of fighty characters make them bodyguards for someone (or something) important, if they're sneaky with some technical and presence skills then make them infiltrators, etc.
>>
>>52186327
You can do what I do, and just parse down your favorite actions movies to the basic story beats and dress those up in Star Wars fluff.
>>
File: 1489525410489.png (3MB, 1600x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1489525410489.png
3MB, 1600x1200px
In your honest opinions, what are some great Star Wars books to read if I've never read a Star Wars book? I don't care about canon I just want a good SW story
>>
>>52186827
The Thrawn trilogy books are pretty good, they have a lot of cheese, and in my opinion the entire thing wrapped up way too rapidly, but it's some good reading. The X-Wng books are absolute top shelf, but they set a high bar so if you start with them before exploring the rest of the EU books just remember that you're starting at the high point in quality. Shadow Hunter, the one about Maul and some other people, never gets mentioned but it's a solid, nicely self-contained little book.
>>
>>52186827
From the new canon I've really enjoyed A New Dawn and Lost Stars.
>>
>>52182562
It might be an un-expendable upgrade.
Giving some longevity to your attack power.
Maybe.
>>
>>52186966
t. Cuck SJWending
>>
>>52162712
What does the Psychological Warfare Duty from pg. 17 of Forged in Battle do? It's not in the abridged scan.
>>
>>52187031
>A New Dawn
John Jackson Miller

>Lost Stars
Claudia Gray

I'm sorry what?
>>
>>52182233
The First Order scout TIE.
>>
Bbump.
>>
Can someone give me an opinion on SW:Armada?
Thread posts: 356
Thread images: 68

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.