[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>when 40k jumped the shark

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 7

File: 40k-SM-GK-Dreadknight.jpg (225KB, 864x860px) Image search: [Google]
40k-SM-GK-Dreadknight.jpg
225KB, 864x860px
>when 40k jumped the shark
>>
>>52159118
Hey.

That's pretty good ingame.
>>
>>52159118
i really dont mind this model at all
>>
>>52159118

You can actually make a nice model of that with a bit of green stuff and some knife work.
>>
>>52159118
Friendly reminder that the franchise was pre-jumped at birth because Rogue Trader was unapologetically silly and anything you deem "not grimdark enough" would have likely fit in perfectly with 1e.
>>
>>52159256
Except there isn't a shred of self awareness present in this case.
>>
Impossible for 40k to jump the shark

Things can just be shitty

Dreadknight is shitty
>>
File: girlyboy.jpg (31KB, 400x400px)
girlyboy.jpg
31KB, 400x400px
>>
>>52159275
The guy is using tiny mechanical arms to control larger mechanical arms while still exposing his stupid face directly where the giant mechanical heart should be....
>>
>>
File: xzibit.jpg (9KB, 480x360px)
xzibit.jpg
9KB, 480x360px
>>52159118
dawg heard you like power suits
>>
>>52159118

> This is an official model
>>
>>52159422
Faggot, I'll fite you!
>>
>>52159502
*awooing intensifies*
>>
>>52159256
>implying these pieces of shit weren't intended to be SUPER BADASS for the greyknight-babbies
>>
>>52159381
And, again, in no way portrayed as anything other than super badass.
Because Matt Ward is the Rob Liefeld of tablletop gaming.
>>
>>52159118
This is so much more pure 40K than half the stuff we see nowadays.
The entire premise is "weaponised powerloader from Aliens"
Does it look goofy and impractical? Yes. Does it fit with GRIMDARKNESSFARFUTURE? Not necessarily. But is it totally out of place for a setting where space marines eat brains to get memories, a setting that only takes itself seriously about half the time? Absolutely not.
The problem was that it was really good, so became ubiquitous. People are then forced to take it seriously, and are understandably annoyed.
>>
>>52159311
This. In trying to make the armor look ornate, they made it look tzeench-like as well as like a toy-like
>>
>>52159118
>Be Chaos
>Supreme force of destruction and creation
>Get stomped by a fucking baby carrier
Will Chaos ever recover?
>>
>>52159311
He looks like a Thousand Sons unit.
>>
>>52159311
Honestly, the model is awward and doesn't hold a candle to the FW Rowboat, but it bothers me nowhere as much as the attached fluff.
>>
>>52159502
On the prowl for bitches obviously
>>
>>52159624
But isn't that how pretty much everything in the 40k book is presented? There are a lot of examples from the 40k universe specifically of things that are completely unnessecary/uselesss or would be useless on a real battlefield. Specifically any kind of bi-pedal tank. (Treads work better, and don't provide ankle weak points). I'd argue that the self awareness at this point is pretty ingrained into the franchise.
>>
File: spiritual liege.jpg (63KB, 510x536px)
spiritual liege.jpg
63KB, 510x536px
>>
>>52159118
Mother
Fucking
This
>>
>>52159624

In all fairness, the idea is pretty badass (and was in Aliens and when they did Penitent Engines). The presentation was shite though, baby carrier.

Saying that, Space Marines are meant to be superbadass. But super badass compared to regular humans and lesser aliens, which is where Ward goes wrong.
>>
>>52160755
>In all fairness, the idea is pretty badass (and was in Aliens and when they did Penitent Engines).
Honestly, that would have been cool for the IG, not so much for the Grey Knights.
What they should have done is a Contemptor variant with a shield and sword.
>>
>>52159118
ARMOR FOR MY ARMOR FOR MY ARMOR
>>
Not this?
>>
>>52164622
Leaving the 'eavy metal aesthetic is when 40k went to shit.
>>
>>52159118
I think it would be fine if there were just some armor over the legs.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.