[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/5eg/ D&D Fifth Edition General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 443
Thread images: 55

File: Cloud Giant.jpg (45KB, 806x950px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Giant.jpg
45KB, 806x950px
D&D 5th Edition General

>New Unearthed Arcana: Traps Revisited
http://media.wizards.com/2017/dnd/downloads/0227_UATraps.pdf

>Give feedback on the previous Unearthed Arcana:
http://sgiz.mobi/s3/19723ad02610

>New Plane Shift: Kaladesh
http://media.wizards.com/2017/downloads/magic/Plane-Shift_Kaladesh.pdf

>Official /5eg/ Mega Trove v4b:
https://mega.nz/#F!z8pBVD4Q!UIJWxhYEWy7Xp91j6tztoQ

>Pastebin with resources and so on:
http://pastebin.com/X1TFNxck

>5etools:
https://5egmegaanon.github.io/5etools/5etools.html

>Previous Thread:
>>52147843

Eternal Art Edition
What's your favorite piece of art from fifth edition?
>>
>>52153314

Is it too much to ask for to be able to play a non-monk fist fighter that just wrecks people with violent punches and kicks?

I want to be a tough punchy dude.
>>
>>52153350
Not at all! The Pugilist on the DM's Guild (lost the file itself, sorry) is exactly what you're talking about.
>>
>>52153371

Homebrew Reee!
>>
File: Cloud Giant.jpg (101KB, 806x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Cloud Giant.jpg
101KB, 806x1008px
>>52153383
I feel that way, but at the same time I don't know what else to recommend.
>>
>>52153371
DM's Guild Pugilist is shit. I've ran it, everyone says it's great, but it's pretty much garbage on every aspect, including mid-to-lategame scaling.
>>
>>52153350
>>52153371
>>52153437

>Is it too much to ask for to be able to play a non-monk fist fighter that just wrecks people with violent punches and kicks?

>I want to be a tough punchy dude.

Ok, so you want to fight unarmed and do as much damage as people with weapons. Cool, there's a class for that. But you don't want that class? Ok, there's an option in the DMG. But that option's not great? Ok, homebrew time. It's not "too much to ask," but when what you want is already covered by the rules and you still want something different, you gotta make up your own rules.

Got a player in my game who wanted to play a rogue. I'm like, cool. A rogue min-maxed for charisma. Yeah, that can work, not ideal; I mean, better to have your CHA bonus be one less and get the DEX up a bit, but... A rogue min-maxed for charisma who's so charismatic that they produce magical effects. By singing, or playing music. You mean a bard? Not a bard. A magic music charisma rogue.

So I homebrewed up a bard equivalent of the Arcane Trickster rogue path, seems to be working pretty well.
>>
Is the new UA coming out today, or are they gonna come up with another excuse?
>>
File: Pic.jpg (75KB, 1152x745px) Image search: [Google]
Pic.jpg
75KB, 1152x745px
>>52153504
Today is most likely Mystic v3, according to Mearls
>>
>>52153504
Comes out it's not the fucking Mystic..... again ... it's a useless piece of crap .... again.
>>
>>52153502
>Ok, there's an option in the DMG

there is?
>>
>>52153516
>>52153522

Oh boy, can't wait for UA: Adventuring Food.
>>
File: Pit.jpg (164KB, 757x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Pit.jpg
164KB, 757x1000px
>>52153545
I sperged the fuck out two weeks ago when Traps came out. Like I went fucking insane. I like to think that I've been jaded by now, but maybe I'll still be insanely pissed when it's not the mystic.
>>
File: 1464206989163.png (2MB, 1440x1849px) Image search: [Google]
1464206989163.png
2MB, 1440x1849px
>>52153350
>>
>>52153573
I don't even want the Mystic, I just wanted something more interesting than traps.
>>
>>52153516
when did he say this?
>>
File: Hill Giant and Child.jpg (157KB, 1200x1200px) Image search: [Google]
Hill Giant and Child.jpg
157KB, 1200x1200px
>>52153603
On his Twitter
>>
>>52153621
I'm gonna need a link for that
>>
>>52153771
https://twitter.com/mikemearls/status/840251250612432896

Only time will tell if Mike is continuing his 3-month run of bullshitting.
>>
>>52153533
>DMG
>Dungeons Master's Guild
>>
What do you guys think of the dnd beyond teasers?
https://www.dndbeyond.com/
Is there any possibility it'll be worth it or is it just a cash grab?
>>
>>52153820
When people say DMG they tend to mean Dungeon Master's Guide.
If you're talking about homebrew, just call it the DM's Guild.
>>
File: 640x0.jpg (65KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
640x0.jpg
65KB, 640x960px
>mfw /5eg/ will be cucked out of Mystic again
>>
>>52153621
>average walmart customers
>>
>>52153846
I think it'll be useful, just probably not for the kind of people who post here.
I've signed up for the beta and sent my players links just to check it out though.
>>
>>52153802
No one should be able to get away with this kind of teasing.
>>
File: 1449007609876.png (193KB, 500x379px) Image search: [Google]
1449007609876.png
193KB, 500x379px
>>52153860
>mfw I don't want mystics to come out ever because they're just shittily-disguised psionics and psionic bullshit can stay in scifi and Pokemon where it belongs.
>>
File: 1461931978300.jpg (38KB, 525x550px) Image search: [Google]
1461931978300.jpg
38KB, 525x550px
I never really understood mystic hype or why so many people want psionics.

Question: What makes psionics/the mystic such a big draw you you? What is it about them that feels different from being a spellcaster for you?
>>
>>52153901
I don't even like or want mystic, but I'm still angry, because it's been promised for months, and (((Mike Mearls))) is blue balling us again and again.
>>
>>52153901
I have always liked the concept of mind powers and telekinesis in games like XCom and Fallout. Its just a personal favorite superpower that I want to see duplicated in D&D and the caster classes really does not do that for me.
>>
File: Sabrina-Doll.jpg (61KB, 368x500px) Image search: [Google]
Sabrina-Doll.jpg
61KB, 368x500px
>>52153901
Psionic literally appeals to faggots who want to have magic without actually having magic for whatever reason, especially in low-magic settings.

There's also a huge number of faggots who wank themselves off to MUH DARKSUN setting, even though it's overhyped grimdark post-apocalypse edginess.
>>
>>52153890

I don't mind psionics as long as they explicitly tie it to Far Realm.

Psions can just the result of Mind Flayer/Aboleth shenanigans
>>
So the latest Acq Inc mentioned a device or something called a Soul Monger. It appears to prevent resurrection, and is slowly killing everyone who has been raised before. Is this a callback to something in D&D's history? What would be the fallout if something like this started happening in your setting?
>>
File: confuse.png (361KB, 473x675px) Image search: [Google]
confuse.png
361KB, 473x675px
>>52154088
I have never played a game with ressurection to begin with. I kinda assumed this was a widespread practice outside of stuff that's literally meant to be videogamey or super casual like Adventure League games.
>>
>>52154088
>Soul Monger
...soul merchant?
>>
>>52154107
You assumed wrong
>>
I don't get the psionics = sci-fi people. Psionics have pretty much always been magic, even if some sci-fi settings try to make it science-y with technobabble. It's supernatural power based off of concepts that don't really exist in the real world - definitely a lot closer to magic than science.
>>
>>52154088
>>52154187
Why would you guys ever play a setting where resurrection is a thing? It completely sucks any sense of tension or actual stakes out of the campaign. You might as well be playing a videogame with gold in place of one-ups.
>>
>>52154002
Shanenigans as a bard getting it on with one of them?
>>
>>52154107

True Resurrection is pretty rare but Raise dead and the other lower level oops the DM fucked up his CR calculations magics should be moderately common.

Not quite Phoenix Down level (unless you want that type of game) but still pretty common.

Of course it also works in the reverse so your PCs shouldn't assume that NPCs stay dead.
>>
File: tfw to intelligent.jpg (865KB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
tfw to intelligent.jpg
865KB, 3840x2160px
>>52154252
>tfw to intelligent to learn magic
>>
>>52154252
Usually because in all editions of DnD so far, all the caster classes tend to use magic in similar ways mechanically, and the way magic works in the lore is fairly uniform and consistent... then you get psionics which basically operates by it's own set of rules, both fluff-wise and mechanically. The mechanic part being especially bad because it's usually a whole separate set of rules and conditions to learn in addition to the normal magic system.

Psionics feel out of place in DnD because it's literally something that got tacked on. That's not to say it's necessarily a scifi thing, but it's still extra tacked on content that doesn't belong in the core version of the rules.
>>
>>52154273
> shouldn't assume that NPCs stay dead.
This is the real reason to ban resurrection right here. Makes it impossible to get anything murder-related done.
>>
>>52154267

Not exactly how either species reproduces.

Personally I just assume that the Gith are attempts to create a psionic slave race to function as Illithid host bodies.

Basically they engaged in generations of breeding programs looking for the optimal host bodies. Kinda like a body horror kwistaz haderach.

You could assume that the Aboleth do something similar.
>>
>>52153982
anyone who actually likes a published setting enough to run their game in it is a joke
>>
>>52154262
Resurrection being possible doesn't make it easy.
Most of the time if you die you're gonna be more than a day's travel away from someone who can cast raise dead so low-level res spells become non-viable pretty easily.

Death in the game I run is less "you'll never get to play that character again" and more "you're going to be spending at least the next adventure or arc playing someone else", which can lead to them preferring their new character anyway.

Even getting components for a raise dead should be harder than most DMs make it IMO.
>>
>>52154329
What, does nobody ever play clerics in your adventures?
>>
>>52153350
Grab the tavern brawler feat and suck your DMs cock to get the magic item ''Insignia of claws''.

Now shut up and don't beg for more.
Monks punches hit as hard as weapons because they specifically use magic to train their bodies to that supernatural point.
>>
>>52154327
I use basic settings like Greyhawk and FR for laziness / running modules out of the box but fuck if I'd ever buy a setting to run
>>
>>52154313

Murderplots fall apart way before Rez spells show up.

Contact other plane, mind reading, or divination spells have been ruining mystery based D&D plots since 1e.

Besides most of the rez spells require an intact body. Murderers would just use ways of disposing bodies or binding souls.
>>
>>52154312
>doesn't belong in the core version of the rules.
That's why its being added in an expansion.
>>
>>52154342
What if the cleric gets fuckt?
>>
File: stay puft.jpg (40KB, 397x331px) Image search: [Google]
stay puft.jpg
40KB, 397x331px
>>52153405
you know, when someone says cloud giant, I think of a happy stay puft marshmallow man, not giant undead bane.
>>
>>52154312
First off: Psionics was in the PHB in 1e.
Secondly: Everything that isn't Fighting Men and Magic Users was tacked on at some point.
>>
>>52154342
Even revivify is 3rd level (so you're already at level 5, halfway or a third of the way through the average game) and needs 300gp diamonds per casting so I think my point holds fairly.
Someone plays a life cleric in my game but as I've said, getting expensive diamonds is difficult and time consuming as it should be.
>>
File: weeaboo fightan magic.gif (3MB, 244x233px) Image search: [Google]
weeaboo fightan magic.gif
3MB, 244x233px
>>52154347
>they specifically use magic to train their bodies to that supernatural point.
>d8 hit dice
>Fighters get a d10 and Barbrians get a d12
>D8 is warlock tier...
>>
>>52153594
>UA: Traps (The kind with dicks)
>Turns out to be a Roguish Archetype based on courtesans and prostitutes.
>>
>>52154397
Dump all your points in con then
>>
>>52154312
Well, yeah, it's not in the core version of the rules. It's in a UA, and might later be added in an expansion.

Even ignoring that, there are plenty of examples of magical abilities that don't work like the way the rest of magic works - Monks' ki, Barbarians' totem abilities, and to a lesser extent Warlocks' invocations.

D&D seems to already throw in pretty much any and every fantasy trope and archetype they can, I don't know why you'd draw the line at psychic abilities. Hell, a lot of staple D&D monsters already have it.
>>
>>52154397
Yep.
At least monks deserve the highest Hp die in the game fluff-wise and rule-wise it wouldn't break anything to give them a d12 since they are MAD as fuck.
>>
>>52154397
I suppose it's meant to be a compromise in order to allow them to be sort of glass cannons though not quite as glass as others more dedicated to the path. Aluminium cannons, if you will.
>>
So what exactly is the point of vitality?
>>
>>52154394

Exactly, 300 GP for revivify or 500 GP for Raise Dead is a massive investment. It's substantially more than most regular people will have access to in a setting.

Nobles will likely have access to Raise Dead and the like which makes some of those guys hard to kill but in general dead NPCs are dead.

Shit like True resurrection is only going to show up when a high priest of a faith is convinced that they need to bring someone back from the dead. So stuff like Kings and Emperors and the like might get a resurrection on occasion.
>>
>>52154477
an attempt to solve the problem of players dying to odd means. as explained, the whole "I can take a giant's club to the body but get killed by a kobold shiv to the hamstring" situation has always been a problem, this was an attempt to solve it.
>>
>>52154444
Glass cannons how? A fighter of comparable level can put out more damage more consistently than a monk for all levels except maybe the first 4, when flurry of blows is obscenely good. After that, the monk starts falling behind and never catches up, ever.
>>
>>52154437

>Same HD as Huge creatures

Nobody is forcing you to play Monks
>>
>>52154492
Is that right? Cause my DM tosses out True Ressurections left right and centre for anyone he feels was killed unfairly by my disintegrate. It's annoying having a DM who feels invested in his own morality in the game.
>>
Mystic today? How does wizards fuck it up?
>>
>>52154437
D10, maybe. D12, you've just gone full retard.
>>
>>52154503
Probably solely for the Quivering Palm ability.
>>
>>52154511

25,000 worth of diamonds?

Your GM is an idiot if he's let the economy get that fucked. This isn't 3.x/PF or 4e.
>>
>>52154511
Your DM is bad.
Crazy, I know.
It's the same level as Wish.
Now imagine if your DM was throwing out Wishes to every NPC.
>>
>>52154219
I'd prefer something more like a secondary HP pool (Like negative HP) where your ability to do shit is reduced but you can still make an effort to defend yourself or run if you have someone covering you.

Then there's no deal about having to have a healer to get everybody up from 0 repeatedly. There's no deal about people dying instantly as with previous editions because you have a point at which your character clearly needs to stop themselves from being ripped apart. You no longer have any problems with being unable to do anything while downed except beg the healer to heal you and hope the DM doesn't attack you. And I prefer the 'You're okay -> You're in bad shape -> You die' progression more than 'You're okay -> You're unconscious -> You die' progression.
A player can fight to the death as a noble sacrifice if they want to. They can try to defend themself or use a last resort, but there'd be limitations on what they could do.

>>52154210
Even if the DM says 'Oh, that's what wolves do', it requires both a good DM and the players to pick up on the DM's hints on what a monster will do to downed players.

Huh, I've overlooked that vitality rule thing. It's actually sort of in the right direction, but I feel there's either something too much or something too little.
It mostly just seems to be a buffer against going down in one shot and allowing you to still 'fight on' (Except you'll lose all your vitality, which might suck if it's the start of a day).
>>
>>52154503

Monk is a skirmisher not a front line tank.

Quit trying to make it into something it's not supposed to be.
>>
>>52154437
>MAD as fuck

No. Wis plus Dex and Con? Come on. Is a fucking wizard MAD because he needs Int plus Dex and Con?
>>
>>52154549
It's a meme at this point but wizards don't need INT, they have spells to cover a lack of DEX as well
>>
>>52154538
How about PCs just act conservatively at low HP?
>>
>>52154549
>wizard with points in anything but Int
I don't think you understand the wizardly mentality. Wizard players need a DM who can handhold their power fantasies and their "but I'm in MENSAAAAAAAAA" delusions that all they need is a big IQ
>>
>>52153350
Go strength barbarogue, ask the DM if you can refluff shortswords into fist attacks and get sneak attack from it, but make it so you can only make these hands if your hands aren't full and you can't make a bonus fist attack on the first round of combat, ever, even if you're prepared for the fight.

There, totally fair, grappling tough brawley guy. In the very unlikely situation you could be disarmed, you counteract it by the fact you can never have both 'fists' ready on the first round of a combat and you can still have your arms restrained I guess maybe.
>>
>>52154560
Ok wiseguy, in that case monks don't need dex, wis, or con. Like the low int and dex wizard, they can flop around worthlessly in the corner gibbering to themselves, hoping that their non-disabled party members accomplish something while they maintain a single buff oriented concentration effect as their sole contribution, hoping against hope that nobody targets them due to their utter lack of defenses.
>>
>>52154567
As the game is now, there isn't any reason to though
>>
>>52154581
Wizards can be effectively built to only use spells that aren't affected by INT score
Monk abilities all actually key off of stats directly
>>
>>52154539
Too bad the role of "skirmisher" is largely obsolete in most scenarios. Unless you're playing flank-buddy for a party full of rogues, how often are you actually in battles where you're moving all over the place every turn? Almost never. In before some made up story about ninja-fights on motocycles or some shit.
>>
>>52154583
How about death...?
>>
>>52154567
Why should they?

That's just more likely to get them killed, because if they don't kill the enemies then the enemies will keep doing damage and murder all of them.

And the only penalty for going down is 'Well, the healer has to heal you now' or 'you're down until the end of the fight'
Except if certain enemies attack downed players, you should just heal them or stand in the way so the enemy doesn't have suitable reason to go attack the downed player. And, honestly, at this point it's kind of dickish to players who aren't masterminds if you don't tell them 'Okay, these monsters attack downed players.'
>>
File: UA Variant Rules.pdf (176KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
UA Variant Rules.pdf
176KB, 1x1px
What do you guys think of this Vitality variant rule? As it is, apparently if you run out of Vitality you're out until you take a long rest or receive a huge amount of healing. I'd probably make it so a character can recover at least 1 Vitality on a short rest. How would you fix it?

>d8 hit die
>3 + 5*level + Con*level HP
>0 vitality means you have 3 maximum HP
>d6 hit die means you're fucked, scrub
>>
>>52154608
>>52154567
By that last point I meant

'The DM automatically identifies to you which monsters will attack downed players and which won't'
In which case any monster that doesn't attack downed players the players can just do it as normal

If you make all enemies attack downed players?
Well, you'd better have half your team become healers, then. Fuck that.
>>
>>52154616
For a moment there I almost shat myself, thinking it's today's arcana.
>>
>>52154596
>Wizards can be effectively built to only use spells that aren't affected by INT score

Right. To the exact same degree that a monk doesn't need dex, con, and wis.

>Monk abilities all actually key off of stats directly

Go str. You'll be just as effective as the int 8, dex 10 wizard! (ie a horrendous drain on your party and being a dick for the sake of dickery, but it works kinda)
>>
>>52154002
I don't mind a potential tie to the Far Realm, but it shouldn't be the only source, because they have traditionally not been.

There is nothing wrong with psionics. They've never been more bullshit than arcane or divine casters. It's really weird seeing the immense amount of hate surrounding a class that's been crafted with care for both its fluff and its mechanics, unless everyone's just some Wizardfag jealous that something else is getting attention for a change.
>>
>>52154606
Not a reason to act conservative at low HP because the cycle of KO - heal - KO - heal is so easy to maintain without dying
Angry GM is a meme but I liked his take on this problem
>>
>>52154606
At higher levels it's really no bother.
>>
>>52154632
>Right. To the exact same degree that a monk doesn't need dex, con, and wis.
No.
Wizards can pick their spells. Monks just get abilities that key off stats.
I don't like it either - I think it's stupid - but you're wrong.
>>
>>52154605

Casters and ranged enemies, dude. Casters can't simultaneously be the bogeyman who are out to get all martials and nonexistent..
>>
File: incredible thats five for five.png (347KB, 633x304px) Image search: [Google]
incredible thats five for five.png
347KB, 633x304px
>>52154252
>supernatural power based off of concepts that don't really exist in the real world
that's where you're wrong, kiddo
>>
>>52154616
I still prefer the 'fighting spirit'-like rules, except different.

All players have 'Body health' equal to their average hitdie values.
This 'body health' does not heal in any way, except maybe through special means (high-powered magic only) or on long rests where you heal half of it back (Or you can sacrifice the hitdice you get back on a long rest to heal all of it back?)
You take body health damage once your normal health reaches 0.
Once body health reaches 0, you die.
Then, add something that either
A) Makes it harder to attack/fight while you don't have at least 1 normal health
or
B) Makes it so if you have no normal health and you take damage, you roll on an injury table.

One of the above detriments and how hard it is to heal will prevent people from trying to endanger themself when they're already close to death, and if you use injuries then it means players know they can avoid injuries by fighting only when their normal health is good.
>>
>>52154660

Oh, here we go...

When the fuck did I ever mention casters?
A monk's 5 feet of extra movement still wouldn't let them catch casters.
A fighter can pull out a ranged weapon still use most of their abilities with it.
A monk just runs around flailing his fist while everything moves out of the way or flatout overpowers him.

If you're gonna be a skirmisher, you at least need the element of surprise or some sort of positional advantages like the Rogues get. Monks just suck.
>>
>>52154608
>Why should they?

So, uh, that they don't die?

>That's just more likely to get them killed

Front line guys often put themselves in harm's way. That is why they are front line guys.

>And, honestly, at this point it's kind of dickish to players who aren't masterminds if you don't tell them 'Okay, these monsters attack downed players.'

The penalty for going down is that you are likely to die if facing fiends, most undead, or things that hate you in particular. For example, orcs against elves.
>>
File: FUCKING ITEMS.png (946KB, 960x611px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING ITEMS.png
946KB, 960x611px
THEY DID IT AGAIN
THE ABSOLUTE MADMEN
THEY CAN'T KEEP GETTING AWAY WITH IT
>>
File: the ideas guy.png (204KB, 378x317px) Image search: [Google]
the ideas guy.png
204KB, 378x317px
>>52154717
NEVER EVER
E
V
E
R

E
V
E
R
>>
Monks were shit in AD&D 1e and 2e, Monks were shit in 3.x, Monks are mediocre in 5e.

4e was the only version of the Monk that was decent but most people seem to loathe 4e. That was the only version of the Monk with a clearly defined role.

5e is more or less a return to the status quo for the monk and the status quo is that Monks suck.
>>
>>52154616
Took me awhile to understand it.

Basically, you may get knocked to 0 HP, but you don't become helpless at the time, but the death save penalty effect sticks with you instead.

I like it.
>>
>>52154717
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

I'm really sorry for those hyped for Mystic, but this is just too funny.
>>
File: frazetta.jpg (99KB, 500x663px) Image search: [Google]
frazetta.jpg
99KB, 500x663px
>>52154717
GOD DAMN IT
>>
File: SOGUD.gif (1014KB, 420x236px) Image search: [Google]
SOGUD.gif
1014KB, 420x236px
>>52154717
Whoo! Psionics stay buried in the garbage for another week!
>>
>>52153901
Psi points seems to be the big difference, mechanically speaking.
>>
>>52154651

>but you're wrong

No, a mono str monk is just as effective as the no int wizard. He has a number of ways to spend ki points that won't require wisdom.

Both are shit.
>>
>>52154742
5e monks are fine. Stunning strike spam is crazy good and the do good damage early on with Flurries.
>>
>>52154583
>wanting to die
I've never played a character with a death wish. I've also been contagious enough that players I play with usually become cautious and show some survival instinct past their first character death.

At low levels, if I'm down to half my starting HP, I consider a retreat. At higher levels, at quarter HP, I fuck off.

>>52154616
My personal vitality rules use an average of Con and Wis as Spirit; Spirit is a big deal. Hit points are lower than core and split into wound tracks. They also cap out around level 6 after which you only get +1/+2/+3 like in AD&D.
>>
>>52154738
>>52154750
>>52154768
>>52154773
>falling for the same editing troll as last thread
>falling for
>>
>>52154780
Literally a mechanic the sorcerer should have had, but it's already been established that Sorcerers are the bitch-boy class when it comes to getting anything nice ever.
>>
>>52154312
>literally something that got tacked on
We've had psionics in D&D longer than most classes. Warlocks are tacked on. Binders are tacked on. Shadow-whatevers are tacked on. Druids are tacked on.

>it's another system to memorize on top of spells
Bullshit, it's another "spell list" to memorize like everything else. The features of a Psion or Mystic aren't any stranger mechanically than the features of any other class. Casting classes already have their own distinct spell lists that have to be separated, but there's more weirdness there because they also share certain spells. Each class has its own means of memorization and casting; do they know every spell? Do they pick which spells they know? Of those spells that they know, are they all prepared each day, or do they have to memorize specific ones?

Psionics is dead fucking simple by comparison. There's fewer "schools", the powers within them derive more logically from those schools (e.g., "fire spells are generally Evocation" except for all these Conjuration fire spells; what's the difference between Evoking fire and Conjuring fire when both spells say "throw fire at a guy"?), additional PP expenditure eliminated the need to remember special rules like "this spell does this, then at level 5 it does this, then at level 13 it does this, but this other spell improves at 3/9/15, and this other one at 5/10/15" and was the predecessor to the current system of upcasting.

Psionics a--CREATING MAGIC ITEMS
WHAT THE FUCK
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
>>52154706
Stunning Fist, dude. Its really good, and there are quite a few enemies that cannot be quickly neutralized by HP damage nor by spells, but are mostly helpless to Stunning Fist.

>Monks just suck

If you A) relish the concept of a monk and B) have an extreme persecution complex I guess.
>>
>>52153350
Tavern Brawler feat. Then Battlemaster or Monster Hunter archetype.
That's all.
>>
>>52154793

Have you forgotten you are on /tg/? Of course they are going to fall for a edit troll.

Hell they could pretend that the UA is Elf Slave Wat Do? and /tg would fall for it.
>>
>>52154813
It's an edit my guy
>>
File: fuck.gif (621KB, 440x247px) Image search: [Google]
fuck.gif
621KB, 440x247px
>>52154717
Fucking Mearls
>>
>>52154717
It's so utterly believable because they've been on a roll of "telling the DM to do things he's already done without providing a framework for the most difficult part: the mechanical balance".
>>
>>52154742
The 2e C&T monk is great, had their own spell list and everything.

>Monks are mediocre in 5e

They're great in 5e. Open Hand anyway.

>That was the only version of the Monk with a clearly defined role.

5e is the only edition where you can go through lists of monsters and point out "monks rape this. monks rape that."
>>
>>52154717
>>52154738
>>52154750
>>52154768
>>52154773
none of you even bothered to look it up, it's not even been updated yet, you retards
>>
>>52154717
Don't fall for screen edits.
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (60KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
60KB, 1280x720px
>>52154717
YOU'RE FAKE NEWS
>>
>>52154742
>hating on the AD&D monk
Fuck off, 4rrie, you and threeaboos deserve each other
>>
>>52154717
Why is this allowed? Hasn't this been done for months now?
>>
>>52154873
it's not been allowed. because it's fake.
>>
>>52154870
What could possibly be the point of the 1e monk? Not the OA one either.
>>
>>52154873
They need to give all the whiny casterfaggots who destroyed the martial die system from playtests with their "feedback" more time to thoroughly un-fun Mystics so that their Wizard/Cleric/Druid/Bard domination remains unbroken.
>>
>>52154866
Most believable edit so far. In particular, the sub heading accurately describes mearls' approach to unearthed arcana.
>>
>>52154515
The mystic is perfectly fine, all 19 levels.
>>
File: 89834_donald-trump-laughing.jpg (46KB, 640x470px) Image search: [Google]
89834_donald-trump-laughing.jpg
46KB, 640x470px
>>52154717
Fake news.
>>
Why does Merals no longer have the ((( ))) around his name?
>>
>>52154919
>that moment when you realize the new UA is Mystic Revisited
>it's just the first 10 levels again, just slightly tweaked
>>
>>52154940
Because he is not a virgin anymore.
>>
>>52154711
>So they don't die
But, at least if you don't heal anyone, why should the enemies kill the players? They're foregoing an attack that could down a player to instead kill a player they could instead kill at the end of their fight.

If they think you have healers then sure, there's actually a point to doing things.

And I find a lot of people who know the system don't expect to die when they go down.

>They put themselves in harms way
So they'd rather get everybody killed by NOT going in harm's way and letting the monsters kill everyone because they weren't prepared to fight until they go down?

>The penalty for going down is that you might die against certain things
So basically, it's a conditional 'Fight like you just don't care if you go down' or 'Have a healer'.
>>
>>52154940
He's hiding his (((power level)))
>>
>>52154940
He shed his merchant form in exchange for becoming the Grand Tease
>>
>>52154940
He posts in this thread and my shitposting a week ago convinced him it was stupid.

Posted by a guy who enjoys hearty laughter.
>>
>>52154823
Different guy
It's funny, I've been playing a monk for the last 5 months and here the problems I found
(I inform that I didn't read the M&M to not spoil me neither the DMG)
>Is still pretty MAD, not as much as 3.PF but still suffers from it due their entire defense depending on stats. You can't just grab a shield or put an armor when you lack the stats like other classes, and my ki can't keep up if I try to use it for defense
>If you allow feats their damage is fucking laughable once you reach 5th or so level, it's starts fucking fine but then stops entirely there while other classes improve (mostly thanks to GWM and SS)
>There seems to be no magic items whatsoever to improve my attack/damage and defense. While everybody has already a magic weapon that they can use with every attack I have a quarterstaff that I can only use on 50% of my attacks
>I'm a entirely CQC class but my HPs and defense are pretty meh and my mobility isn't that great either (again my ki isn't infinite)
>Stunning fist is Great...if you aren't a monk, for me is pretty much useless, it only helps my team, which is great if your team is around, everytime our GM separated us my super duper martial artist with a perfect body has to run like a little girl screaming for help and that breaks immersion

This is what I encountered so far, most likely can be due my two GMs being cunts though
>>
>>52154940
He does, but the Jewlluminati have tweaked their mind-control generator at HAARP to more efficiently suppress your ability to notice. I'm sorry, Anon, but your mind is not yet awakened enough to perceive the threats all around us.

Essentially, you've failed your Wis check to notice.
>>
>>52154785
The difference is that the monk has less AC, worse stunning fist save throws (Their main gimmick), worse initiative, worse save throws, etc

The no-int wizard just has less spells to choose from, but is in fact probably more effective sometimes because they might have more health or AC yet the same casting power as a normal wizard when they cast magic missile or silent image or a ritual or anything that either doesn't or barely uses their casting ability.

They have a few less spells they can prepare, but they still have ritual casting and there're less spells for them to choose from that're effective for them anyway.
>>
>>52154967
so you be sayin he aint woke enough???
>>
>>52154949
>why should the enemies kill the players?

The narrative goes out of its way to point out how sadistic, hateful of life, cruel, or whatever, orcs (to elves), fiends, undead, most chromatic dragons, and some aberrations are.

At the very least, if you expect that you are going to go down before anything whose description implies they want to destroy all life, you are kind of asking for it if you get 0hp'd. Also, if you are the only melee dude against a multiattacker, you will probably die as well.
>>
File: psychicdevelopment.jpg (19KB, 220x340px) Image search: [Google]
psychicdevelopment.jpg
19KB, 220x340px
COME ON WIZARDS YOU LITTLE FAGGOTS
>>
>>52154966
5e is not really meant for solo games.

Frikkin everyone uses dex and con. Low dex clerics, paladins, and fighters have to deal with low inits, entanglement effects putting them out of the fight automatically, more damage from aoe, etc. But fair enough.

PCs are never guaranteed to find a magic item that will suit their playstyle. I doubt most DMs will have the PCs find a Sunhalberd in Ravenloft. Decent points though.
>>
do you guys have any favorite homebrew/houserules you like to incorporate? New DM and trying to make sure my players have an experience that is enjoyable as possible, given the circumstances.
>>
>>52154987
>The difference is that the monk has less AC, worse stunning fist save throws (Their main gimmick), worse initiative, worse save throws, etc

Both have to cower ineffectively through fights. The monk can flail at things mehishly, and the mage can fire off his worthless magic missiles.

>ritual casting
Fucking anyone can take ritual casting.
>>
>>52155055
Usually if my players asks for a race to be included, I always try and accomodate them. Like if one of them is the newest and most tropey bastard ever and asks to be a vampire ninja that wields a giant lollipop as a weapon, you try and make it work. And try and make it awesome. Other than that usually homebrew varies from setting to setting.
>>
>>52153502
your patience is extraordinary
>>
>>52154987
>They still can have ritual casting
Desire to make ritual casting everyone always has the ability to take if they get hold of a ritual scroll and pass an Int check intensifies
>>
How powerful would a Wizard with all non-UA domains be?
>>
>>52155064
>8 INT wizard
>having to cower
>not going war caster with booming blade
>being so hard to kill between shield, absorb elements, and abjuration ward that they can't kill you
>run to kill your rogue
>smack them with that BB OA and extra Thunder damage baby
>>
>>52154742
4e has plenty of good ideas to steal. It's just tired to an awful core.
>>
>>52155099
Stop! What you do is wrong. Why do you do this thing?
>>
>>52155042
>entanglement effects putting them out of the fight automatically
Pretty sure you can use Str or Dex to avoid those
>>
>>52155112
Why not just play an EK so you can wear heavy armour?
>>
>>52155112

So basically mongrel turd on a stick tier.
>>
>>52155134
Nope. Black Tentacles are, iirc, always dex.

Very very VERY few spells allow str saves, and usually those are just "push you back" effects. Entangle is just about the only one I can think of.
>>
>>52154966
Yeah, there are problems.

The real problem is that monk really doesn't have a lot of viable strategies. There ARE viable and really sueful strategies, but there's honestly only the one decent one.

>Get mobility
>Up dex and wis as much as you can
>Save up as much ki as possible
>Blow all your ki on stunning fist
>Run away after you're done attacking unless everything is stunned
>Run back in again and repeat
>>
>>52155139
EK doesn't get the wide range of utility and high level spells.

8 Int wizard is more a support character than anything.
>>
>>52155114
Actually the core of 4e is great. The problems were mostly incorrect numbers or a poorly written book to explain how the core works.

5e is the system I'd say had some great ideas, but tied them to a shitty core.
>>
Does stunning strike work with unarmed attacks?
It says you need to make a "melee weapon attack".
>>
>>52155099
Less than a Loremaster.
>>
>>52155209
Your fists are in fact melee weapons, so yes.
>>
>>52155209
>>52155231
Unarmed strikes are not melee weapons.

However, an unarmed strike is a special form of melee weapon attack, so yes you can stunning strike with one.
>>
>>52155209
Unarmed attacks are melee weapon attacks
Unarmed attacks aren't weapons

It's subtle but there's a difference
>>
>>52155209
Works if you hit an enemy with a longbow as an improvized melee weapon attack with a rangedweapon
Works if you hit an enemy with a fist as a melee weapon attack without a weapon
Works if you hit an enemy with a melee weapon as a melee weapon attack with a weapon

Yes, it doesn't make sense. Deal with it.
>>
File: inv.jpg (136KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
inv.jpg
136KB, 1920x1080px
>>52155099
This guy.

https://hydra-media.cursecdn.com/dota2.gamepedia.com/d/db/Invo_level_05.mp3
>>
>>52155236
>>52155237
>>52155240
Why don't they just count unarmed trikes as weapons?
>>
>>52155261
Because then you'd always be armed.
>>
>>52155261
To avoid people poisoning or enchanting their fists.
>>
>>52155261
>unarmed
>count as a weapon
surely the collective selfrespect of all fa/tg/uys would not allow this
>>
>>52155261
Because the people behind this game aren't as smart as they or you believe
>>
>>52155198
>Actually the core of 4e is great.

Don't push it 4rry. If this was true the edition would not have failed.
>>
>>52155270
>have arms as long as you have arms

Makes sense to me.
>>
>>52155270
Is that a problem?
>>
>>52155283
4e didn't fail. It didn't appeal to grogs because it changed too much, but you could say the same thing about any nondnd game.

Financially it was a success.
>>
File: 1485639161676.jpg (25KB, 574x960px) Image search: [Google]
1485639161676.jpg
25KB, 574x960px
Would Heavy Armor Master be fine if:
>Damage reducution = proficiency bonus
>applies against magical damage sources if you're wearing magic armor
? Thinking of rebalancing it to that.
>>
>>52155308
>>52155283
Can you guys not?
>>
>>52155325
That would be fine but it doesn't really need rebalancing as-is.
>>
>>52155325
Not the magic damage resist, but the Proficency Bonus gets a little out of hand when monsters start using multiattack and you just -8 damage a turn or whatever
>>
>>52155261
They did, but dipshits complained about it because they couldn't fathom things being on a weapon list and usable with other features but not counting as distinct items for enchanting and shit.

Unable or unwilling to tell these morons to apply some fucking common sense, WotC caved and changed tables and introduced some errata to get them to shut the fuck up.
>>
>>52155325
>fine
More like best feat ever if you have heavy armor profiency
>>
>>52155306
It'd make monks less interesting, because anybody could use all their 'requires a weapon' abilities all the time.

Where's monks don't have anything like that iirc. Anything that matters, anyway.

It honestly doesn't matter much though.
>>
>>52155331
Say it without tumblr-speak, faggot.

What's the good stuff on the 4e monk to mine for content, and what book(s) is it in?
>>
File: doitmystic.png (219KB, 598x596px) Image search: [Google]
doitmystic.png
219KB, 598x596px
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
STOP JERKING ME THE FUCK AROUND
PUT UP THE MYSTIC ALREADYYYYYYY
>>
>>52155336
I guess that makes sense. I think he was thinking of making the feat more like Defensive Duelist
>>
>>52155325
Hordes are plenty effective at all levels of the game. Coupled with phys resist its particularly good. Also, few enemies actually have magic weapons.

Still, you're the DM. IF you don't wanna use hordes, and prefer level appropriate foes, then you may wish to do that.
>>
>>52155356
but you said you liked it when I teased you...
>>
>>52155325
It's a great feat, its main downfall is simply that it's not PAM/GWM/Wisdom and thus anybody using heavy armour (People who need PAM, GWM or are a cleric and probably care more about wisdom) will not take it until they've got everything else, and then they probably want an odd numbered strength.

As you level up, enemies get more attacks. Enemies don't often have magical weapon attacks, but you're resisting each attack equally. Especially good against a crowd of mobs, which can be a danger at high levels.

Sure, you might suck against whatever one character has 20d6 sneak attack or whatever, but it's perfectly fine at higher levels.
>>
>>52155356
What does the trap template give to a race and what does it take away?

Can a half-orc be a believable trap?
>>
>>52155383
Half orcs and dwarves have the easiest time becoming traps, as males and females have roughly the same build.
>>
>>52153314
>>52153405
>>52153516
>>52153621
These are fantastic. Any more?
>>
File: psychoeyes.jpg (21KB, 325x187px) Image search: [Google]
psychoeyes.jpg
21KB, 325x187px
This is it.
This week.
I can feel it.
Today's the day.
They won't jerk us around anymore.

MYSTIC
IS
COMING
>>
>>52155383
>Can a half-orc be a believable trap?
With high Cha and expertise in deception, anything can be a trap.
>>
>>52155430
Thanks man. I'll post the others that I'm allowed to post in a few minutes
>>
File: highertelepathy.png (509KB, 721x600px) Image search: [Google]
highertelepathy.png
509KB, 721x600px
Join me, /5eg/. Link your mental energy to mine. Open yourself to the wider world of perception and reach out across the void. Tickle the thoughts of Mearls and plant the suggestion of MYSTIC
>>
>>52155482
We orks now?
>>
>>52155482
Is mayonnaise an UA?
I'm going to try that.

All about alchemy jugs: The UA
>>
File: mindempowering.png (452KB, 634x394px) Image search: [Google]
mindempowering.png
452KB, 634x394px
>>52155497
We are all everything we wish to be.
>>
>>52153901
Honestly, I hated the implementation of psionics in previous editions. It was just "magic that's different because reasons."

However, the flavor of the mystics and psionics in general in 5E appeals to me. There's actually a reason that it isn't magic, and the class isn't just a wizard variant.
>>
>>52155503
HEY, I love the alchemy jug, don't sully its name in jest
>>
>>52155383
Half orcs are probably girlier than female FR orcs as depicted since 3e
>>
http://www.strawpoll.me/12519777
>>
>>52155563
Battlemaster
>>
File: Say it with me.png (38KB, 600x621px) Image search: [Google]
Say it with me.png
38KB, 600x621px
Say it with me: "Unearthed Arcana: Creating backgrounds"
>>
name a better race than hobgoblins

protip: you cant
>>
>>52155563
>All these punisher fags.
>>
File: meditation.jpg (65KB, 852x480px) Image search: [Google]
meditation.jpg
65KB, 852x480px
>>52155569
Your destabilizing memes won't work on me. I have ascended to a higher plane of consciousness and placed my jimmies beyond reach of your rustling.
>>
>>52155581
>we want the WoW audience
>>
>>52155563
>Literally 3/7 of those are evil and one more is a bit shady
>Actually unambiguously good paladins are in the minority
>>
>>52155572
Modrons.
>>
How the fuck does radiant damage make sense if HP is not meat points?

>The paladin channels his conviction into his blade, and you feel slightly more pious as it narrowly missed you.

No. That makes no sense
>>
File: 1476362884860.jpg (8KB, 249x227px) Image search: [Google]
1476362884860.jpg
8KB, 249x227px
>>52155582
Stay delusional, psionkins!
>>
>>52155543
So half-orcs could successfully trap orcs, but trapping humans would be much more difficult.
>>
>>52155602
Further proof that not only did people fail to understand alignments, they weren't mature enough to handle them to begin with.
>what do you mean I can't kill the shopkeeper
>i'm going to use all his magic items to save the world
>that's good
>>
>>52155614
Could be driving your soul from your body or something like that, I dunno.
>>
>>52155614
>As gen heavy blade swings the edge of the blade begins to glow white and sizzle in the air, slamming into the mummy, the hot blade slices further, the power of the positive plane generated into physical form.
>>
>>52155614
Searing light rips your soul further from the material plane, or something. Damages the soul. Burns your eyes out. Burns in a holy way.
Et cetera.

It does it in a way that doesn't blind you or actually harm your body, but leaves you nearer to falling unconscious in some way such as fucking up your resolve.
>>
>>52155614
>slightly more pious
Do you think that's how radiant damage works? Radiant damage is like fire damage but applied directly to your soul/spirit instead of your body. Necrotic saps away your life to the plane of negative energy while radiant overwhelms you to the point of bursting from the the plane of positive energy.
>>
>>52155572
Lizardfolk
>>
>>52155644
Sounds like things meat points would represent.
>>
File: hillary's nightmare.jpg (128KB, 777x1200px) Image search: [Google]
hillary's nightmare.jpg
128KB, 777x1200px
>>52155624
>>52155569
seems like a poor choice of meme for the circumstance, considering she lost that election.
>>
>>52155614
Nothing about HP as not-meat points makes sense.
>>
>>52155614
>Paladins are no longer implicitly tied to goodness
>can be as chaotic or evil as they want as long as they "justify" their actions to their Oath somehow
>everyone has abandoned objective morality
>STILL DEALING POSITIVE ENERGY
yeah
nah
"i believe something real hard" != the life-giving force of creation
>>
>>52155572
Gully Dwarves
>>
>>52155602
I get what you mean, but nothing about Conquest restricts it to non-good characters and nothing about Devotion restricts it to good characters. Some are definitely less flexible than others, but I think most oaths can be played as good, neutral, or evil without much stretching.
>>
>>52155662
>he's posting from the timeline where Trump won
I know it's only been a month, but has WW3 started yet? Have you been placed into Russian-run concentration camps? I'm enjoying my singlepayer healthcare over here in Earth-1.
>>
File: Overlard.png (1020KB, 952x451px) Image search: [Google]
Overlard.png
1020KB, 952x451px
>>52155678
>but nothing about Conquest restricts it to non-good character
Have you tried actually reading the oath, you drooling retard? It's literally pic related.
>>
>>52155685
>implying Hillary would do something so harmful to corporations as to institute single payer healthcare.

Wait. Are you in the universe where Bernie wasn't railroaded out of the primary by a corrupt DNC?
>>
>>52155667
Being Chaotic Evil would make it pretty damn hard to follow any oath except the "oath" of treachery, tbqh.
>>
>>52155657
>fire damage to your soul
>Sounds like things meat points would represent.
do... do you understand what "meat" is
>>
>>52155705
That's Earth-16. He won the election but hasn't managed to build a coalition to enact any of his policies because he's incapable of working across the aisle or getting the people there to agree with him.
>>
File: 9c0.jpg (43KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
9c0.jpg
43KB, 600x480px
>2~ years of DnD, recent year is weekly play
>alternate my campaign with friend's every week, same group
>my campaign is a party of 5 level 7's
>they're trying to bust down the gates of an Ancient Blue Dragon's lair and slay him in a fit of rage
>they're under the false impression it has killed an NPC
>they know he is there right now
>some deaths have happened in both campaigns, but maybe only 5 in 2 years
>never a TPK
>they're attached to their characters
>they're going to get trashed
>dismissed warnings from the guard and townsfolk

DM's, how have your players reacted to TPK's in the past?
>>
>>52155685
Nah, we won. And we haven't gotten tired of winning yet. There's a golden wall 100 feet high sitting on the US Mexico border already, after only two months in office, and ISIS has dissolved due to the sheer patriotic force that radiated from his inauguration. Have you killed yourself with two bullets in the back of the head for daring to violate Hillary's 4chan ban yet?
>>
Evil oaths were a mistake.
>>
>>52155678
>I'm going to wage a bloody war of conquest that kills millions and rules the rest by fear of death
>Good
>>
>>52154901
>superiority dice is dead
Just.
Fucking grognards.
>>
>>52155663
Psychic damage.
>>
>>52155717
It's all about justification, dude. I'm sure crazy people have their own twisted code of conduct too.
>>
>>52155732
>building a wall on a watershed
>laughingengineers.dxf
>>
>>52155694
> The Oath of Conquest calls to paladins who seek glory in battle and the subjugation of their enemies. It isn’t enough for these paladins to establish order. They must crush the forces of chaos.

Nothing inherently evil there. A good Conquest paladin would definitely be a case of "good doesn't mean nice", but with some good RPing you could pull it off.
>>
>>52155694
>my imagination is too narrow to accept other people don't think in terms of simplistic references

Conquest isn't explicitly evil and can be roleplayed anywhere on the good/evil axis. Conan wasn't evil for "drive them before me, hear the lamentations of their women, etc."
>>
>>52155761
so you haven't had the technological advances we have in your timeline?
>>
>>52155757
So in your interpretation of the alignment system, are there even Evil people or creatures to begin with?
>killing all these humans is good because they're the baddies and it improves the life of me and my fellows
>raping all those peasant women is good because women are whores and need to be taught a lesson and getting my rocks off is great for me
>>
>>52155741
That's one thing I guess.
>>
>alignment
The first axis of alignment is completely useless.
Second axis is somewhat usable.
Only demons, devils and angels and shit have the first axis in my games.
>>
>>52155766
He sure as fuck wasn't Good.
>>
>>52155724
>Hillary capable of bipartisanship with a Republican controlled Congress that spent the last 8 years stonewalling an infinitely more reasonable and principled man, while simultaneously portraying Hillary to their ignorant voting blocks as an incarnation of evil out to import terrorism and drink baby blood.

Now I know you're delusional.
>>
>>52155731

You have two choices; metagame and tell them they are fucked or let them die.
>>
>>52155779
if they truly believe that justification, sure. if they say it out loud to avoid getting in trouble but deep down know it to be false, no. difference between a zealot and a thug, really.
>>
>>52155765
>subjugation
Not Good or Evil, depending on extent
>crushing hope utterly
Evil
>complete lack of mercy
Not Good
>cruelty
Evil
>>
File: Overlord.jpg (3MB, 2558x1573px) Image search: [Google]
Overlord.jpg
3MB, 2558x1573px
>>52155765
>>52155766
>Douse the Flame of Hope.
It is not enough to merely defeat an enemy in battle. Your victory must be so overwhelming that your enemies’ will to fight is shattered forever. A blade can end a life. Fear can end an empire.
>Rule with an Iron Fist.
Once you have conquered, tolerate no dissent. Your word is law. Those who obey it shall be favored. Those who defy it shall be punished as an example to all who might follow.
>Strength Above All.
You shall rule until a stronger one arises. Then you must grow mightier and meet the challenge, or fall to your own ruin.

In other words.
>Inspire fear and hopelessness
>Rule absolutely, rule like a tyrant.
>Might makes right.

Nice "good" paladin you have there.
>>
>>52155786
Like Gygax intended.
>>
>>52155805
Republican lawmakers actually like her when it's not election time because she uses psychological tricks to ingratiate herself with them, bringing up their past accomplishments, stroking their egos, and letting them take credit for shit. They're all pals behind closed doors, the vitriol is just for the benefit of their rabid base when it comes election time.

Also, she's white.
>>
>>52155821
>Inspire fear and hopelessness in your enemies so they never think of disrupting the peace.
>Rule absolutely, laws are useless when not enforced.
>Might makes right. You must be strong to protect your people.
>>
>>52155815
it's less about the acts themselves, it's more about what they're used for. Crushing the enemy army's hope completely to avoid greater bloodshed would be considered good, or at least neutral, wouldn't it? Cruelty and torture for the right purposes (Extraction of vital information) would be less good but at the most you can get it to neutral. Complete lack of mercy is fine, you can be good and show no mercy to your enemies, as long as the reason why they are your enemies is a good one.
>>
>>52155731

Up the warnings to max. The red flags and shit. Corpses and lightning marks every where, and a straggling adventure saying "pleasue guys, leaaaaave, and take me with you"

When they inevitably don't leave, as they get into the center, reveal is was all an elaborate bandit hoax and the straggler they just rescued clocks the cleric over the head in betrayal.
>>
>>52155821
This is the problem with Evilfaggots. They want all the perks but none of the responsibility. Paladins in general fall into this trap. Give me obscene holy powers and one of the best chassis in the game, but don't make me work for it or RP in any way. Oh, there's some rules about my conduct? Yeah, doesn't matter as long as I can twist my justification enough.
>>
>>52155849
>Twists the words of the oath into something they're not
>STILL fails to make them sound good
>>
>>52155840
>>52155805
Stop posting any time.
>>
>>52155732
Well not here, here he won but surrounded himself with literally the worst gaggle of idiots in the history of the world including a virgin weeaboo press secretary, an anorexic down syndrome adviser and Steve Bannon, an actual nazi

He's raised taxes multiple times, but other than that not much

It's also pretty much confirmed he is a Russian traitor but the rednecks are in denial so he's not about to get impeached
>>
>>52155868
>hurrdurr, only my worldview of completely objective good and evil is the correct one
>>
File: 1456772336676.jpg (65KB, 567x561px) Image search: [Google]
1456772336676.jpg
65KB, 567x561px
>>52155849
Wew, lad.
>>
>>52155849
It's not what the oath says. It's not what was meant when it was written. And you know it.
Good conquest paladins are called crown paladins.
>>
>>52155853
>it's less about the acts themselves, it's more about what they're used for
This is exactly 100% completely and totally the opposite of what it is.

Intentions are irrelevant, actions are all that matters.
>he was a highwayman; robbing merchants, destroying their livelihoods, preventing the flow of goods and coin through struggling communities, and plunging many others into poverty
>so I caught him in his sleep, drove bamboo chutes under his nails, flayed him alive, fucked his preteen daughter's ass raw in front of him, then hung him upside-down and sawed through his body from groin to neck so that his blood would pool around his internal organs and keep him alive slightly longer than if he'd been right-side up
>you know, to stop his evil and teach other guys a lesson
>i'm GOOD
>angels love me
>>
>>52153350
I don't think so, but I'm also a flavor whore so I have no problem looking at "Big Large Huge the Fist Fighter" and "Hermit Hands the Slam Man, Mystic Ascetic" who both interact primarily in combat by punching things, but the other 50% of their flavor is completely different.

Most people tend to look at that kind of thing and think, "This is just a monk/rogue/whatever." because they are obsessed with combat mechanics.
>>
>>52155886
>worldview of completely objective good and evil is the correct one
Now you're getting it.

If you want to run a D&D campaign in a homebrew setting that uses a subjective morality, by all means. But the de facto setting for 5E is Forgotten Realms and that's objective morality.
>>
File: ezgif-1-8a6e0bc352.gif (1MB, 251x251px) Image search: [Google]
ezgif-1-8a6e0bc352.gif
1MB, 251x251px
is there supposed to be a UA today? or is it delayed again?

twitter is busted on my end for whatever reason, so i cant see the gospel
>>
>>52155951
I like how Birthright tried to largely get past that. Clerics also didn't have alignment restrictions until the people writing the 3.5 rules for it tried to shoehorn them in.

Which was bullshit as one of the domains had evil priests of the LG god of law all over the place.
>>
>>52155932
i believe you have described an antihero.
>>
>>52155974
Still waiting, the latest they post UAs is 2:30 EST, should be out before then
>>
>>52155974
why not just keep refreshing the unearthed arcana page instead
>>
File: Gnolls.jpg (82KB, 1199x776px) Image search: [Google]
Gnolls.jpg
82KB, 1199x776px
>>52155430
I've returned with more!
>>
Here's how you can know what's correct when it comes to alignment.
Ask yourself: IS IT EASIER TO BE GOOD OR NOT GOOD (EVIL)?

Duh, it's supposed to be hard to be Good all the time.
Now ask yourself: IS IT HARD TO BE GOOD WHEN YOU CAN JUSTIFY LITERALLY ANY ACTION AS "GOOD" IF YOU BELIEVE IT TO BE?

Nope! Makes a joke of the struggle to be Good. Yeah, lots of great moral quandaries and tough ethical decisions to be made when you can just say, "Naw, greater good."
>>
>>52155731
5 level 7s could defeat a lone ancient blue dragon.

They just need a lot of spammable heals to get them up whenever the instant-down breath hits them and they need to do things like get a monk to spam stunning fist on it.

If they run in, stun it until it uses all its legendary resistances, leave, then come back and repeat the same when it has no legendary resistances alongside other saves you want to throw at them...

>Con save +15
Then again, maybe not. That's an automatic 16+ on con saves, and a monk at that level can only have by standard a DC 15 stunning fist save.

You can always just downsize the dragon to adult. Turns out the rumours were false. Absolutely do not go light on them with it, but don't make it a 'Okay, you do something stupid, you die.'

They could definitely beat a lone adult blue dragon.
>>
File: Gnolls Armored.jpg (103KB, 1199x776px) Image search: [Google]
Gnolls Armored.jpg
103KB, 1199x776px
>>52155430
Now with better gear, too!
>>
>>52156012
why is good supposed to be hard? who says?
>>
>>52155870
>>52155921

People interpret the oaths to make interesting characters. There's no alignment prerequisite on oath of conquest. Enforcing one limits the scope of possible personalities. If you fear edgelords, that's a player problem, not a class/archetype problem.

>>52155951
This is why there's a vocal group of FR haters.
>>
File: orcus men.jpg (54KB, 1008x626px) Image search: [Google]
orcus men.jpg
54KB, 1008x626px
>>52155430
Here's some Orcus cultists
>>
How would you build Galko-chan /5eg/?
>>
>>52156012
It's pretty damn easy to be good when:
A) You have a guilty conscience and you'll feel bad or threatened if you do bad things, because someone might hunt you down
B) You'll burn in hell forever if you don't.
C) You're in a community where you'll be recognized and paid back for your good actions. Where everybody is good and this results in success in the community.

Though you could be evil and just pretending to be good so everybody gives you stuff.
>>
>>52155951
and where, in the aforementioned posts, was FR mentioned? We're talking about morality overall, and how paladin oaths can fit into it.
>>
>>52155932
>implying struggling communities are seeing any goods and significant amounts of coin from those merchants
There was a real life thing that contributed to a cycle of poverty in rural western Europe in the middle ages; peasants bought a lot of their goods overpriced, and could only really fund it through selling cheap shit. Famously, lords often had the privilege of raising cattle untaxed, while the taxes on cattle raised by commoners could get exhorbitant. To pay for beef for special celebrations, they therefore raised pork, which sold cheaply to the nearby urban community. Which then allowed them to afford a bit of the lord's beef for special times. While still remaining effectively poor.

And while, yes, villeins could get pretty damn rich, for the majority that was kind of a vicious circle they were stuck in for most goods. There's a reason one of the biggest boost in commoner wealth in Europe came after a massive pandemic that killed off a third of the euro-mediterranean population (people too often forget that the plague's first big outbreak was in Egypt).
>>
>>52156053
I would fuck off back to /pfg/. Like you should.
>>
>>52156057
>>52156012
Actually, in that case, I'd say it's harder to pretend to be good than to actually be good.

>>52156053
Same way as a tourist in nethack.
>>
Whats up with the Dungeonology book? Mega when?
>>
>>52155977
>a setting all about people with super Highlander powers gained from Godblood resulting in the destruction of most Gods during a massive battle between the forces of Good and AZRAI THE DESTRUCTOR, DOOMBRINGER, LORD OF CHAOS, INVENTOR OF NECROMANCY AND ALL THE MONSTROUS RACES
>alignment had to be shoehorned in
really, anon
>>
>>52156073
It's a pop-up book for children.
>>
>>52156053
level 1 rogue. noble background, explores her sexuality every evening because the castle is empty most of the time. talks about it with her maids in the morning.
>>
>>52155901
>deny nuance
>call others autistic
>>
>>52156076
Oh I tought it was a lore-book for FR
>>
>>52156074
resulting in = resulting from*
>>
>>52156074
Yeah, the devs were really bad about not really knowing what they wanted.

And still, outside of that your main antagonists were likely to be neutral on the spectrum. One of the recommended protagonist realms was ruled by a neutral evil crimelord.
>>
>>52156084
You're thinking of Elminster's Forgotten Realms, the other rules-free book written in between 4e and 5e. I like that one a lot.
>>
>>52156084
It is, but it's the same format as the Dragonology or Egyptology books that have a bunch of pop-ups and pull tabs and little bags full of red glitter labeled "ground dragon scales".
No new material, just lore made fun/digestible for kids.
>>
>>52156066
I'm being serious. I think I want to play a Galko-chan inspired character. It would be an interesting party member I think.

>>52156080
I like this. She should also be reading a lot of fantasy books and such. Why a rogue though?
>>
>>52155901
>subjective morality doesn't exist, only what I say is good and evil
well it's good to know that Bahamut himself posts on taiwanese panty sniffing boards
>>
>>52156121
I just like the idea of her trying to sneak around with boobs that make sound effects
>>
now i just wanna talk about Birthright
https://youtu.be/qAWNCUk9QrQ?t=25
>>
File: Nurtured One.jpg (68KB, 779x1008px) Image search: [Google]
Nurtured One.jpg
68KB, 779x1008px
>>52155430
Personally, I'm disappointed that this wasn't the art used for the Nurtured Ones in VGtM, but I at least understand why they chose the art that made it in.
>>
>>52156122
>he thinks Bahamut has any fucking say in what's Good or Evil
lol
bahamut is a fucking baby compared to the rest of the universe
these rules have always been
>>
>>52155055
I disregard the rule about how you can identify any magic item just by sitting around with it. If you don't have someone who knows Identify or who's good at Arcana or History, that choice should have consequences.

I also ban the Contagion spell, the Lucky feat, and tieflings.
>>
>>52156160
exactly why I compared that poster to bahamut.
>>
>>52156121
Who's to say he wasn't being serious we he told you to fuck off?
I'd prefer it if you fucked off myself.
>>
>People still thinking alignment is anything but a two word description of your character's moral stance and likely personality.
>>
>>52156144
Birthright would have been 1000% better if they hadn't turned the Awnshegh into monstrous creatures. My personal remix just has the "Gorgon" be the heraldic seal of Prince Raesene's house, which may or may not be headed by Raesene himself playing a long game of pretending to be his own heir over the generations.

It feels like they tried to mix both epic fantasy and more subtle politics and just ended up with the epic fantasy overshadowing the latter, which imo was the better part. You could easily find yourself pitted against lawful good types even if you were good.
>>
>>52156177
you're a fucking baby too because your larger point is wrong
bahamut aligns himself with the cosmic definitions of Good and Evil
he's Good because he only does Good shit, as defined by all creation
the shit he does is not Good because he says or thinks it's Good
>>
>>52156187
why would we want to tell someone to fuck off and stifle their creativity? all they need is a nudge in the right direction and some help with ideas and it could supply them with weeks of fun.
>>
>>52156173
Amusing, I was discussing an opposite of what you're thinking of.
Namely, identify is too good.
If I, as the DM, want to throw in an anomalous magic object, a common-use 1st-level-spell shouldn't be able to solve it, you need a team of crazy magi-scientists to measure Weave-levels and maybe dismantle it to see how it works.
So, Identify gives less and less depending on the rarity of the item, the rest is to be discovered via fiddling with it, and possible checks.
>>
>>52156190
You're correct.
What we're arguing about here is whether that "moral stance" is derived from an objective absolute or whatever someone feels they want ot be true on any given day.

Hint: it's the first one, otherwise everyone is Lawful Good.
>>
>>52156209
Yeah, why on earth would anyone ever want someone making a character based on waifubait weebtrash to fuck off?
>>
>>52151799
Open hand also gets Wholeness of Body for self-healing.
>>52151688
Activate Empty Body.
>He's moving faster than the human eye can follow!
>It's like my attacks aren't having any effect!
>>
>>52156107
Know where I could nab a PDF of that, does not seem to be in my collection.
>>
>>52156235
Once upon a time, TSR was in a creative spree and one of the weird alternate rule systems they created was Saga, which they used among other things for Dragonlance 5th Age. Instead of dice, the randomizer was a deck of cards with 8 1-9 suits and a 1-10 suit.

Each of the cards had a two word descriptor and a color suit (white, red or black). You drew two for your nature and demeanor, which ended up mapping, in AD&D back-conversions, into alignment; your Nature was the Moral (Good-Evil) axis, your Demeanor was the Ethical (Lawful-Chaotic) axis, white being good, red neutral, and black evil. That's all there is to alignment in relative morality settings.
>>
>>52156243
You're on an anime weeb website. If this kind of stuff bothers you so much maybe you need some thicker skin.
>>
>>52156243
Stop being so politically correct.
>>
First session as DM was 3 months ago. I am now on my 13th.

Started on LMoP - the party has just gotten their asses kicked by venomfang. (Now an adult green dragon, 5 player party at 7)

They've done quite a bit and it's gone way off the rails.

I legitimately don't even prepare anything beyond having tokens and Books. Who knows what will happen?

Something that is kicking my ass is detail. My vocabulary for settings and characters is lacking. More often than not I have players be completely confused if I don't have a battlemap ready and it's 1 on 1 or something.
>>
>>52156243
where do you think we are right now. This is an anime image board
>>
>>52156315
>What is board culture
>>
>>52156322
board culture doesn't trump the website's original purpose. anime is allowed everywhere. just not discussed everywhere. hence why this argument comes up anytime someone mentions something even remotely weeb.
>>
>>52156313
Thats because you dont prepare, preparing is not only writing down what shops there are in a town and whats the mayors name.

Its also noting down some location and character descriptors, or atleast having a bunch of random ones prepared.
>>
File: remember when ELF was a class.jpg (148KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
remember when ELF was a class.jpg
148KB, 1024x576px
>>52156322
D&D has always been anime, bro
>>
>>52156243
>>>therpgsite
Seriously, I hate a lot of weebshit when it turns into autistic one-note characters, but there's also good shit you can borrow.
>>
>>52156235
Providing it's not some bullshit like 'Killing innocent orphans, no matter what the reason, is always evil, no matter what it achieves, even if it saves everybody.'

Because I hear 'objective' a lot and it seems to often refer to some probably long-gone great old one deciding that eating cake on a friday makes you evil.
>>
File: 1429043481107.gif (1MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1429043481107.gif
1MB, 500x281px
>>52156338
As someone who likes and posts anime, it's still trash and fair game to be called out
>>
>>52155840
She is basically a Republican. Which is why you're delusional if you think she'd ever do single payer.
>>
>>52156340
Also reminder that the original JRPGs literally used AD&D rules simplified for crpg purposes.

Every mage variant in FF maps on a 1e caster (Blue is illusionist, e.g.)
>>
File: GRRM.jpg (31KB, 620x413px) Image search: [Google]
GRRM.jpg
31KB, 620x413px
>>52156343
>It's okay to kill innocent children, because muh grey morality
Get back to writing books, you obese fraud.
>>
>>52156343
That's what it is, though. Killing innocent orphans is Evil. How the fuck would it not be Evil? Because it makes doing this Good thing you want to do easier to accomplish? Tough cookies, pal(adin), your quest is a difficult one because you can't take the easy way out all the time.

>some probably long-gone great old one deciding that eating cake on a friday makes you evil
The fact that you would even mention that foodstuff and that day in the same sentence shows me you are already beyond redemption, dark one.
>>
>>52155840
Wait are you saying the Republican Democrat divide is a meme that is pushed at election time for votes and narrative. Why I never
>>
>its another "flawed mortals think they know more about the universe than the all-powerful cosmic forces that created it" discussion
oh boy
>>
WHENS MAH- ER, MYSTIC
>>
>>52156304
>>52156315
This has never been a good argument and never will be.
>>52156309
That has nothing to do with anything.
>>52156341
Waifushit is not one of the good things you can borrow.
>>
>>52156371
Look, shoving 14" inches of throbbing horsecock up that young girl's poop chute was an unequivocably Good act because it served to unify our people and raise morale, allowing us to lose fewer troops in the unprovoked war we declared on our enemies for their land and resources. It saved lives and therefore is Good.

Now bring me the next preteen virgin and six pages of descriptions of food.
>>
>>52156375
>>52156371
See, it's somewhere between objective and subjective.

It's objectively the collection of what everybody subjectively sees.

If you killed an innocent orphan to save 100 innocent orphans and your inaction would have caused those 100 innocent orphans to die, you've done something that most people would see as a selfless act - good. Unless you did it solely to collect fame or some other reason, in which case most people would see that as selfish - evil.

It doesn't matter what YOU think. It matters what actually sane people think, and if you asked everybody whether it's more evil to kill 1 child than 100, I'm pretty sure almost everybody would say killing 100 by doing nothing is more evil.
>>
>In the wake of the new arcana, /5eg/ went insane, descending into pure shitposting about lawful good conquest paladins, weebs and Hillary Clinton
I'm terrified of the eldritch horrors that (((Mearls))) has in store for us.
>>
>>52156339
>don't prepare

How am I supposed to prepare? My players do whatever, they decide to go into some place I have to make up on the fly or they decide to try and befriend a goblin or animal and now I have to improv the unique features of it.
>>
>>52156421
>it's somewhere between objective and subjective.
Already wrong. We're talking about FR.
>>
>>52156414
Why isn't it a good argument? Who gets salty about anime anyway? Like come on are you a loser?
>>
>>52156421
Killing innocent children is wrong. Period. If you can't see why, you're already lost.
>>
>>52156421
Actually, what I've said is pretty much what objectivity is for the most part. Fuck.

>>52156437
Oh, if it's a specific setting, then do whatever the fuck, it's not 5e as a whole.
>>
>>52156387
But but the Republicans are evil and the Democrats aren't!

Wait the Democrats voted for the Iraq war, the Patriot act, and have participated in the gross expansion of executive power into tyranny just like the Republicans?
Huh.

But what about muh tumblr?
>>
>>52156441
>Like come on are you a loser?
Aren't you supposed to be bringing back jobs right now, mister president?
>>
>>52156432
It's a good idea to have a lot of things prepared that aren't necessarily linked to one another. When you need a goblin to suddenly be important, you can go to the well and pull an NPC personality and slap it on that goblin so you have something to use.
>>
>>52156004
>>52156018
>>52156035
>>52156152
These are all sorts of stunning and I really love them. There's so much richness and character to them. A lot of the monster art in Wizards books often feels very genericized to me, because they're often more of a basic renditions of what the creatures look like as a whole, where these have more personality and individuality to them. This stuff just feels so much more natural and real, I'd love for Wizards to release an art/monster book that's more like this.
>>
>>52156426
We can do better.

>grappled and proned
>enemy has Expertise and advantage on his Athletics rolls
>no way to escape
>punch yourself
>choose to hit yourself
>make that punch a Shove special attack
>fail your save
>shove yourself five feet away from the enemy
>forced movement breaks grapple
>you're now out of reach
>stand up and walk off
>jump towards a nearby ledge
>punch yourself in the dick again and shove yourself upwards
>doublejump 10 feet into the air onto the ledge
>fall prone again so you have full cover against spells and ranged attacks
GET FUCKED
>>
>>52156432
Give them solid objectives. Prepare random places and fill in the blanks when the party shows interest.
>>
>>52156451
we left that shit behind more than a hundred posts ago
i'd call you a faggot for a variety of things but let's just move on and get back to on-topic shitposting
>>
File: IMG_9153.png (250KB, 750x1334px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_9153.png
250KB, 750x1334px
confirmed for tax evasion rules expanded
>>
>>52156460
What's more important right is enlightening you to anime... Loser
>>
>>52156470
That hurt to read.
>>
>>52156494
It is 100% RAW though
Happy doublejumping, /5eg/
>>
>>52156441
Strictly peaking from a practical standpoint it's a bad argument because it has never convinced anyone ever, for one thing.
I would say more but you've probably heard it a thousand times and never listen anyway.
>>
>>52156491
Not that guy, but wtf is a galko-chan?
>>
File: Beholders.jpg (82KB, 1136x745px) Image search: [Google]
Beholders.jpg
82KB, 1136x745px
>>52156467
All the art I'm posting are by Chris Rahn and Tyler Jacobson, the two best artists for 5e.
>>
>>52156490
Why a rainbow logo?
>>
>>52156470
>jump off a cliff
>punch yourself downwards twice
>take 1d6 less falling damage because you moved that distance instead of falling it
>>
>>52156502
>making an attack against yourself is RAW
You're a rawtard
>>
>>52156513
He used to have (((triple parentheses))) too.
>>
>>52156513
>this happens every time someone posts his twitter
Because it triggers autists.
>>
>>52156504
Why is it a bad argument? The chans are built on anime weeb culture. It might not be what drew you in to begin with but it's a critical part of the culture.
You're the outsider for getting triggered by anime postings.
>>
In my setting, your alignment is determined by a hall of penguins in valhalla who you meet every year, who you have a talk with. They then send you back to earth with an alignment.

This alignment then grants you elemental powers.

To be 'good', you have to love penguins in their entirety. It's okay to mass murder everybody, but just don't touch penguins.
>>
>>52156526
Oh god I love memes

>>52156529
I'm pretty sure that's not his reasoning for it but okay
>>
>>52156470
ADVANCED MOVEMENT AND COMBAT TECH
>approach an enemy
>stand on his side so that you are parallel to the ground
>walk downwards
>since he is a movable creature and not the earth, physics forces him out of his square before you enter it
>since you don't leave the ground while moving, you follow after him
>the whole of your movement can be used to shove creatures along the ground without any check
>Monks double Dashing to drive orcs 110 feet across the ground and off a cliff
>>
Unearthed Arcana: Alignment Revisited
>>
>>52156536
Come on you could at least pretend to care and respond to the actual point made in that post.
>>
>>52156545
Which elemental powers correspond to which alignment?
>>
>>52156545
Similar the god of straya has taken hold of the alignorb, so you get a random alignment in the cunt, mate and strayab, leaf.

You have to upkeep this or die.
>>
File: Outcasts.jpg (83KB, 1182x792px) Image search: [Google]
Outcasts.jpg
83KB, 1182x792px
>>52156467
Here are some orc outcasts too
>>
My players killed a Winter Wolf and hauled the body to a nearby leather worker, who would presumably know how to skin and preserve the hide/fur.

What can they do with Winter wolf fur? I'm not really seeing any crafting instructions in the DMG and presumably the hide of a winter wolf would be magical in nature.
>>
>>52156573
You're saying it's a bad argument because it doesn't convince him of how stupid he is? That's fine I only want to make him feel like the outsider he is. It has nothing to do with getting him on my side.
>>
>>52156584
They're all ice powers.
Shit's fucked.

>>52156589
God damnit, kiwis.
>>
>>52156599
Resistance to cold damage maybe?
>>
>>52156599
Make a nice robe or cape that grants advantage on saving throws against Cold damage.
>>
>>52156599
In IWD, 5 pelts could be used for a full cloak of frost resistance.
>crafting rules
Mostly cancer anyway
>>
>>52156605
>muh chinese cartoons
>>
>>52156599
Padded armor of cold resistance
Grants advantage on checks to hide in snowy terrain
>>
https://www.amazon.com/Greenwood-Presents-Elminsters-Forgotten-Realms/dp/0786960345

Will suck dick for PDF
>>
>>52156599
I'm sure they can just make comfy, insulating gloves or something stupid out of it.

It's not like it would make a cloak that would actually resist cold damage. Unless you say it does al of a sudden, meaning you should expect a lot of cloaks like that unless winter wolves are really hard to kill and really rare.
>>
>>52156621
>Screeches autisticallyat anime girls
>>
>>52156592
>>52156592
New thread
>>
>>52156599
All DM fiat for crafting. I would say after a week he can make a heavy cloak that gives resistance to cold damage and when wearing it can be acclimated to cold conditions like tundra or arctic.
>>
>>52156526
>>52156513
He wants you to know that he stands by Gary marriage.

Posted by a guy who thinks gays should be able to experience the government recognized status of marriage, with all the government benefits and responsibilities associated with it, but not be able to force a church or baker to help with the ceremony.
>>
>>52156653
Not again.
>>
>>52156648
Giving resistance to cold from just one Winter Wolf is super powerful though, no?
>>
>>52156653
Who the fuck is Gary Marriage?
>>
>>52156630

Weirdly, I have that. Uploading it for you, buddy.
>>
>>52156680
A really controversial republican politician.
>>
>>52156675
Not exactly a very common animal, and cold damage doesn't come up very often. The advantage on cold damage saves is good too though.

No matter what I like small flavor stuff like the cold climate one, so I say stick with that at the least.
>>
>>52156653
He sounds like a meme desu. Rainbow dnd logo and used to have ((( ))) on his name. Like you cant get much memer than that.
>>
>>52156680
A D-list English celebrity, known for controversial views, writing a column in the Daily Express and always carrying a packet of condoms.
>>
>>52156705
I agree completly on small flavor things for things like that.
I had players make a shield that had green dragon leather and scales incorporated into it, but I didnt want to give poison resistance for that, because what would I do if they ever made a green dragon armour? super poison resistance? So I gave the wearer an advantage on rolls against poison breath.
>>
>>52156605
Your ability to understand English is impacted.

Really though, the problem isn't animeposting. If you come here asking how to build a character that could feasibly be a D&D character like Guts, that would be fine. But when you post waifushit you're just trying to rub your magical realm in our faces.
>>
File: warforged.jpg (167KB, 630x745px) Image search: [Google]
warforged.jpg
167KB, 630x745px
>>52156694
Oh boy I cant wait
>>
>>52156447
what about killing evil children.
>>
>>52156766
I just wanted a build that would fit a character like Galko-chan. Is that such a difficult thing to understand and comprehend?
>I like character from x
>I want to build a character similar to this
There is nothing waifu about it. I just like Galko-chan as a character. I'm a fucking faggot I have no interest in women including the 2D kind.
You all just got triggered by your imagination.
>>
>>52156880
Searching Galko-chan tells me about a show with almost nothing that tells me what makes her a unique character. Give me something to work with.
>>
>>52156880
>want to play a character from "her titty to big! XD"
>nothing waifu about it
No one believes you.
>>
>>52156630

https://mega.nz/#!wFwCzKBa!XBAUFOBkzcVw6YB2g7lYPUlXRe1Aefw0XJ1FDDBAzuo
>>
>>52156910
Okay I'll copy the wikipage for you:

"The main character of the series, who despite hernameand appearance, is very inexperienced and innocent, and gets easily embarrassed over her physique and what she says, as she sometimes accidentally says suggestive stuff. She has difficulty waking up early, but becomes more active as the day passes. She is also very emotional and becomes easily involved when reading books or watching movies, to the point of crying. She enjoys cooking, and usually makes her ownbentos, and can even make bread. She is also terrified of body modifications such as piercings, despite having earrings. She also has an older sister, with whom she often exchanges clothes, including her school uniform; she gets angry, however, after finding out just what her sister does with it."

That's her character in a nutshell.

>>52156918
There's nothing waifu about it. She's a fun character.
>>
>>52157021
Yeah I read that. That's not really a unique character.
>>
>>52156979
Got it, thanks a bunch man, trying to make SKT the best I can for my players.
>>
>>52157063
Give me an example of unique then.
>>
>>52157101
You miss the point. You could have typed out that kind of description yourself without the reference to the character, and maybe you would have some real responses.

"I want to be (generic anime character)" = "I want to be trolled"
>>
>>52156613
>>52156617
>>52156618
>>52156628
>>52156631
>>52156648
Thanks for the advice guys!

I think I'm going to go with the resistance to cold and advantage on stealth checks in Arctic environments.
>>
>>52156508
it's a sex ed anime starring a teen girl with huge knockers.
>>
>>52154742
>a clearly defined role.
That's the important thing about roles. So you don't have people designing classes as a collection of stuff lacking any useful function. It's not a box to put classes in. It's a platform to stand classes on.

>>52154785
Take a level of fighter for weapons and armor, or be a Mountain Dwarf monk and wear medium armor, catch missiles, and slowfall and shit. It's terrible, but it's possible.
>>52154966
>There seems to be no magic items
There's the insignia of claws which is basically +1/2/3 weapon for unarmed/natural attacks, plus belt of giant strength for high end items, and the Amulet of Health would go a long way to helping your durability later too. If the rest of your party has good magic items, it helps to know what's good for you too.
>>
>>52157161
Give me an example of a unique character. Galko is not generic. Come on point to characters that are like galko.

What point am I missing? Would you have been so triggered if I had posted a picture of Indiana Jones and said "how do I make a character like this"?
Also don't use criticism of uniqueness without giving counter examples people will just disregard that criticism.
>>
>>52155198
5E's core is just 4E's core with slower scaling. I'd say that's not different enough to call one shitty and one not.
>>
>>52157233
Nigga I'm not the one asking for character creation help. Why don't you tell us what makes your waifu anything more than a combination of anime archetypes blended together that could be literally any class of character?
>>
>>52155351
PHB3. Their cool thing is their different flurry of blows and their full discipline powers that gave them special movement options linked to a special attack stance. You can move normally if you want, but you can also use the special move that corresponds to your special attack.

There should be some expansion book with more monk stuff too, but I only had PHB3.
>>
Is it possible to use Geas to command a boss not to attack you while you beat on it?
>>
>>52157306
I want you to tell me what class best fits her. But actually you're no help since you have no awareness of the character and you complain about uniqueness while playing DND.
You could lump your criticism at literally every character ever made. I don't know why this bothers you so much.
What would a non archetype character be? Boring.
>>
>>52157264
>5E's core is just 4E's

Other than the extensive, almost immeasurable, differences this is true.
>>
>>52157411
So you can't actually tell us anything about this character you want to copy which would steer her toward a class.
>>
>>52157392
Check the casting time on that puppy
>>
>>52155932
This makes me want to play a painfully edgy antihero.

LG towards normal people but goes full CE sadist on definetly harmfull people like bandits.
>>
>>52156599
Clothes with frost resistance and advantage on stealth rolls on snowy landscapes.
>>
>>52157446
You still don't seem to understand. Her character doesn't lend itself to a particular class very well which is why I'm asking for class suggestions for her. If her character lent well to a class to begin with I wouldn't have to ask chuckle fucks like you but here I am. She's probably not a caster, I'm thinking of either rogue or fighter. Now are you going to give suggestions or are you just gonna keep bitching and moaning about "why can't you give us class details about this character from a non fantasy gag comedy high school manga/anime"

If she had class tendencies to begin with there would be no need to post about her
>>
>>52155997
>the latest they post UAs is 2:30 EST
I read, as it's now 12:40 PDT.

Fuck sake.
>>
>>52157584
Then the answer is whatever fucking class you want, idiot.
>>
>>52157584
I'm not watching weeb-bait slice of life shit to figure out if the character is graceful or strong or clumsy or if she has any particular non-verbal quirks. That's on you to tell people if you want a class suggestion.
>>
>>52155811
You can't say that the thug is more evil than the devout zealot of Orcus because the thug knows what he's doing is wrong. That's really quite backwards.
>>
File: 484088f221a33208bd4f9854010b6ad4.jpg (212KB, 686x1024px) Image search: [Google]
484088f221a33208bd4f9854010b6ad4.jpg
212KB, 686x1024px
Help me flesh out my gypsy fortune teller/diviner

I wish I could give her the halfling lucky feat while still keeping her human. Maybe I'll ask the DM if I can trade an ability point or two for the feat.
>>
>>52157442
>The difference between these two things cannot be measured.
This is a lead into another .9999~=1 argument, isn't it?

More seriously, there are other differences besides the numbers in things that you might consider core, but I personally did not consider them to be part of the core at the time of writing my comparison about the numbers. The core being "Roll a d20, add a few numbers at most, and compare it to a DC." There's also stuff about how actions and movement in combat are handled. I'm sure it's quite measurable.
>>
File: C4pfXKpUMAAUoDW[1].jpg (109KB, 776x1199px) Image search: [Google]
C4pfXKpUMAAUoDW[1].jpg
109KB, 776x1199px
>>52156509
I really like their goblinoids. Wonder why they didn't go for them? Too Peter Jackson maybe?
>>
>>52158177
I think they wanted to make them comic relief
>>
>>52157453
ah. is there any way to cast a spell on a creature for one minute without it noticing?
>>
>>52157818
why not. isn't evil supposed to be knowing you're doing something bad, and doing it anyway? isn't someone who doesn't know any better better than someone who does?
>>
>>52159560
If anyhting, knowing it's bad points to his good nature, while the one committing evil acts without a second thought must be evil to the core.
>>
>>52159663
What about committing evil acts without thinking they are evil. Is that evil?
>>
>>52159713
Yes, because they're evil acts.
>>
>>52159793
But if you think they're good then is the creature itself evil? If in someone else's culture, giving someone a present is considered the highest blasphemy, and a crime punishable by death, you didn't know that, and you did it, would you say you were evil?
>>
>>52159818
No, because giving a present is not in itself evil.
>>
>>52159845
But according to this example, it is. So according to your logic, you would be evil.
>>
>>52159877
No, because there's a difference between inherently evil acts and acts that are evil due to their consequences.
>>
>>52159917
But the whole fucking point is inherent evil doesn't exist. Who decided what evil is. Us? Is it the popular opinion? What if the popular opinion changes, is evil still evil then? You need to put some more thought into this man.
>>
>>52159970
>But the whole fucking point is inherent evil doesn't exist.
Okay, well that's wrong. This is D&D.
>>
>>52159999
only in Forbidden Realms. Other settings have subjective morality, anon.
>>
>>52160057
Objective morality is a requirement for alignment to work.
>>
File: oh my fuck.jpg (33KB, 493x276px) Image search: [Google]
oh my fuck.jpg
33KB, 493x276px
>>52160095
but anon, alignment is fucking stupid, and a formality.
>>
>>52160118
Well then what does it matter to you what category something falls into?
>>
>>52160171
because I enjoy arguing, desu. why else would I spend my time on this website. What an odd moment of clarity.
Thread posts: 443
Thread images: 55

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.