[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

so i played a load of sigmar but want to do 40k and just got

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 1

File: Unknown.jpg (20KB, 313x161px) Image search: [Google]
Unknown.jpg
20KB, 313x161px
so i played a load of sigmar but want to do 40k and just got my hands on these 3 and want to run a mechanicus/skitari heavy list. any tips ?
>>
>>52153157
>so i played a load of sigmar
Then
>mechanicus/skitari
is not fore you
>>
>>52153157
The lack of transports is going to hurt. I run mono Mechanicus, learn to love deep strike and go for objectives.

Elecropriests are not worth the points. Ever.

Mechanicus have some solid formations. They're going to be a life saver.

Hope this helps.
>>
>>52153157

As entirely sincere advice, I'd say to wait a few months.
40k is currently going through some major upheaval and bigger changes are promised to come soon. As somebody who experienced the birth of AoS, I would urge caution.
There is every chance that the game will be turned on its head and any tactical advice that can be given now, rendered absolutely irrelevant in a few months.

Paint what you have and wait for the storm to pass.
>>
>>52153157
just play space marines and use your stormcast eternals. Nobody will be able to tell the difference.
>>
>>52153157
You should wait until june or july Anon. 8th edition is coming
>>
>>52153157
Skitarii are a difficult army to play. If you were to do so, you'd need rangers/vanguard and/or kataphrons and a dominus to be able to use Cawl.
I'd reccomend some other army for your first, though, as admech have one of the most confusing army organisational structures, special rules hodgepodges and gameplay styles of any army in the game. Start with space marines, you could do iron hands with techmarines to get that robutt fill, and they ally very nicely with admech.
>>
>>52156975
>Start with space marines, you could do iron hands with techmarines to get that robutt fill, and they ally very nicely with admech
I wouldn't recommend him to start playing with SM right now. We don't really know if SM models will be updated to BigMarines. If not admech I would recommend Tau or Crons for a newbie - both are idiot-proof and easy to run
>>
>>52157074
Even if mark 10 comes out marks 2-8 won't be invalidated completely. From the """"leak"""" that's been going around they look less than a head taller than FW's marines, and wouldn't stand out too bad in a standard army.
>>
>>52157291
Yeah, you are probably right. Even if they would be bigger than standard marines we will just have to put old minis on bigger bases, that's all. Still, I don't really know if OP as a newbie would like to buy "old" minis when the new ones could be release in next edition - even if it's just an aesthetic thing
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.