[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/CofD/ & /wodg/ Chronicles of Darkness and World of Darkness

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 313
Thread images: 37

File: 1487590072627.jpg (77KB, 600x821px) Image search: [Google]
1487590072627.jpg
77KB, 600x821px
Angry Anarchs edition.

Previous Thread: >>52135018

>Pastebin:
http://pastebin.com/xrKUUi0A

>News
http://theonyxpath.com/release-roundup-january-2017/
https://www.paradoxinteractive.com/en/white-wolf-partners-with-focus-home-interactive-for-a-video-game-adaptation-of-the-world-of-darkness-storyteller-game-werewolf-the-apocalypse/

>This week's Monday Meeting Notes:
http://theonyxpath.com/something-new-approacheth-monday-meeting-notes/

>Question:
How much blood could a bloodchuck chuck if a bloodchuck could chuck blood?
>>
>>52151075
Plebs still think they are safe from True Fae.
>>
>>52151089
Hedge nigger alert.
>>
>>52151089
>True Fae

kek Rank 7 entities
>>
Can you use death to discover the cessation of abstract things? Example break ups, when a nation lost its Sovereignty, when status quo of someone's life ended/changed, when a car ran out of gas or when its journey ended?
>>
>>52151160
That's a commonly asked question.
There is still no answer.

I like to say no, on the grounds that otherwise you open up the door to stupid bullshit like stoppping someone's speech by compelling its ending, fraying the ending of your drink so there's more of it, Unmaking the ending of your relationship with someone and so forth.
>>
>>52151180
Death can already be used to kill sounds and light
>>
>>52151400
Not really. That kills the subject's presence in the world...
Though really that is halfway decent precedent.

That is a fucking retarded spell though.
>>
So does anyone in their games have a PC who gives a singular fuck about the Law in anything more than a pragmatic sense?

I guess it kinda comes with the territory of the game.
>>
>>52151614
Man's laws are written by mortals, for mortals
>>
>>52151542
Darkness is the absence of light. Silence is the abscence of sound
>>
>>52151748
Yeah, let's take that to the logical extreme shall we and let Death Mages destroy any aspect of reality we like?

No, fuck that.
>>
>>52151754
Yes its called an Unmaking spell. The face is this is open to interpretation as it is a subtle Arcana.
>>
>>52151754
Yes you are supposed to take it to logical extreme. Whats the point of putting abstract concepts absences and endings under its purview if we arent supposed to play with them
>>
Death has cold under its purview because cold is a form of absence.
>>
File: cyborg[1].jpg (28KB, 400x743px) Image search: [Google]
cyborg[1].jpg
28KB, 400x743px
>>52151089
>Plebs still think they are safe from True Fae.
Realty Deviants still think they're safe from our HIT Marks.
>>
>>52140453
it's amazing to think that VtM: Bloodlines, a game that's over a decade old, is going to have better facial animation than the new Mass Effect
>>
File: 47631604_p0.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
47631604_p0.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52144362
The story of Awakening: the Source of magic was once attainable. People went inside to become gods. They were kind of dicks, and broke the way to enter into the Source of magic, and also broke reality. Now you are a mage and you need to enter the Source of magic.

Ok.

The story of Ascension: the rules of reality are based on shared beliefs. A huge conspiracy is making technology acceptable to the mass and hiding magic. They succeeded a little too well, hampering themselves. Now you have ascended and understood the true nature of the universe, but reality is still a dick, and you don't want to flaunt your magical powers, because reality will kick you back. You are a member of a group with huge historical significance to the world, from washed Ethernaut that were kicked out of the consensus, to old Hermetics. You fight for the very nature of reality.

Bruh. Bruh, listen to yourself, please. If the first seems more interesting than the second to you, the problem is with you.
>>
>>52152463

You can make anything sound more interesting when you go more into detail with one than the other.
>>
>mage supremacy
>>
So, considering the fact that mages are amazing and beat up everyone ten-times-over, would a Kindred Prince be willing to hire one as acting 'court sorcerer' over a specific Domain?

I was thinking Moros, but ironically an Obrimos could work as well.
>>
>>52152590
Why would even the newest Mage take orders from a Vampire?
>>
>>52152298
Man Miranda and that reporter chick in ME3 were downright creepy. Bloodlines any day over that
>>
>>52152607
Mysteries? Curiosity? Obsessions?
>>
>>52152590
I don't think that would work since both groups are unlikely to want outsiders among them. I would believe that prince would have phone line to local mage/fae authorities thou.
>>
>>52152590

No mage is going to dedicate their time and resources to serving a vampire, no less a Moros or Obrimos.

At best, if the vampire possesses something of value, a mage might barter a spell or two.
>>
>>52152590
Also I would say role of court "wizard" would be occupied by member of ordo dracul(ironic considering they are the ones without blood magic) .

Thou one of recurring elders in my games has magical sword a mage made for him back in 1432 or something. Mage had actual tower and shit but to everyones disappointment no hat
>>
>>52152714

How does a vampire sorcerer even compare to true wizards, though?

Hiring a reasonably sensible mage would be tempting, especially for a Prince. Fate alone can determine and override countless obstacles within Kindred society.
>>
>>52152779
Hmm I considered this role more as a consigliere and not someone who is there to brew magic potions and fling spells.

But anyway if you are hiring outside help you can disgruntle a lot of other vampires because you just got yourself a huge trump card and there is also issue of trust. If you would hire yourself a cadre of werewolf bodyguards how do you think members of your covenant would feel? A lot of people would feel threatened
>>
>>52152779
On the other hand I would so play something like players trying to assassinate court mage who is obvious about whole thing while their traps backfire on them. Slapstick ensues
>>
>>52152590
>So, considering the fact that mages are amazing and beat up everyone ten-times-over, would a Kindred Prince be willing to hire one as acting 'court sorcerer' over a specific Domain?

Possibly, though it'd be boring.

Mages make everything boring.
>>
>>52153669
Yeah, it wouldn't be a good idea to do it RAW.

But it's an interesting concept, and if you made some changes (like nerfing mages a bit) it could make for a cool antagonist for a Vampire game.
>>
>>52153825
Tremere and other left hand legacies would make solid antagonists with for example vamps and mages bumping into each other while investigating string of weird deaths
>>
>>52145920
>>52145950
Tzimisce had the human centipede 10 years before the movie, only with less ass-to-mouth and with more children. Hunter Survival Guide showed a Vampire who fused multiple children to itself into a long daisy chain. A fat luggage man is downright reasonable in comparison.
>>
So when did /wodg/ grow up and stop believing in the masquerade?
>>
>>52151160
Purview Endings Yes. The Existences yes, the when, Not so much. That's really the purview of time, but I would let yah have it for an extra reach

-The ending of a relationship
-The ending of a country
-The lost of Self ? Existential crisis? I would say anything that caused a lost of moral stat would count, because death also looks at the souls
-The emptiness of a gas tank
>>52151754
Yes because it is the destruction arcane. It can destroy or protect against destruction. Of course destruction of reality is probably more at the high end of shit. as the middle level are more about twisting purviews to natural limits and minor effects

>>52151800
Indeed
Cold Snap (Death •••)
>>
>>52153998

Are you that Anon from the last thread who was the living reason why RPGs had to have a "THIS IS NOT REAL" disclaimer through the 90s and 2000s?
>>
>>52153020
>Slapstick ensues

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg
>>
>cat burglar bastet game
>fast and furious forsaken game
>wolves in da hood / gta forsaken Detroit game
>everybody is Arnold Schwarzenegger as a werewolf Apocalypse game

there have been some tip top tier fun setting ideas lately, keep them coming
>>
>>52154483
>cue sped up scene of a group of vampires chasing a mage around a big table
>>
>>52152463
This.

Also let's not ignore the fact that the Technocracy, while being the designated villain, was the most sympathetic of all the antagonist factions in all the game (being a large organization, it was rife with internal politicing and factions who disagreed on a lot).

It wants to make the world a better place for the Sleepers, the average folks who don't drink blood, shapeshift into monsters, or hurl fireballs. The folks who were at the mercy of dragons, trolls, and demons when the majority of the world believed not in science and technology, but magic and mysticism.

Compare that to the Sabbat sadists, and the nuts in the Nephandi, Raveners, and Black Spiral Dancers that want to destroy all of existence.
>>
>>52154892

The Technocracy were always the true heroes of the classic World of Darkness.

WW's inability to convey their alleged villainy is one of the reasons why the Seers in CofD are so undeniably evil, and at best, dangerously selfish worshipers of the symbols of human oppression.
>>
>>52152463
This post is biased, and therefore unreliable.
>>
>>52154934

Well, there was the rampant Nephandi infiltration and the ever present danger of what a Static-dominant Paradigm would truly mean in the long run, but hey they get laser guns I guess so let's keep hyping them up.
>>
File: slenderman.jpg (115KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
slenderman.jpg
115KB, 800x600px
Stat him (Either WoD or CoD is fine)
>>
>>52155273
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>52155104

Any what exactly are the Traditions doing for the mass of humanity?

It's easy to point to the various successes of the Technocracy, unless you have something against indoor plumbing and vaccines, or would like dragons and troll infesting our neighborhoods.

Heck, were were the Traditions when the Technocracy was fighting the Ravnos antediluvian?
>>
>>52155300
Attacking your opposite isn't a defense.

It's like when Marvel fans try to deflect criticisms by shitting on DC.
>>
>>52155273
I have him written up as an Incarnate Beast for the CoD.

Family: Ugallu
Hunger: Prey
Myth: The Mysterious, Ever-Watching Boogeyman

Mental Attributes: Intelligence 5, Wits 6, Resolve 8
Physical Attributes: Strength 5, Dexterity 6, Stamina 8
Social Attributes: Presence 7, Manipulation 6, Composure 8

Mental Skills: Academics 3, Computer 0, Crafts 1, Investigation (Searching) 4, Medicine 1, Occult 4, Politics 0, Science 0
Physical Skills: Athletics (Chasing) 4, Brawl (Claws And Tentacles) 5, Drive 0, Firearms 0, Larceny 0, Stealth (Stalking) 7, Survival (Forests And Woodlands) 4, Weaponry 0
Social Skills: Animal Ken 0, Empathy (Fear) 3, Expression (Voice Mimicry) 3, Intimidation (Appearing Out Of Nowhere) 6, Persuasion (Taking People Away) 5, Socialize 0, Streetwise 0, Subterfuge (Evasive) 5

Merits: Area Of Expertise (Taking People Away), Common Sense, Direction Sense (Epic), Eidetic Memory (Advanced), Indomitable (Epic), Interdisciplinary Specialty (Taking People Away), Patient (Advanced 3), Tolerance For Biology, Trained Observer 3, Demolisher 3, Double-Jointed (Advanced), Greyhound, Closed Book 5, Pusher, Iron Will, Retainer (Proxies), Striking Looks 2 (Uncanny), Untouchable, Hunger Management 3, Spoor 5

Willpower: 10
Defense: 10
Initiative: 14
Speed: 64
Health: 13
Lair: 8

Atavisms: From The Shadows, Limb From Limb, In My Image, Inescapable, Mimir's Wisdom, Needs Must, Relentless Hunter, Shadowed Soul, Siren’s Treacherous Song, Unbreakable

Nightmares: Fear Is Contagious, Run Away, You Are Not Alone, You Can’t Wake Up, You Will Never Rest, Tabula Rasa, You Are Lost

Horror Traits: Power 12, Finesse 12, Resistance 13, Size 13, Health 21, Defense 10, Initiative 15, Speed 125

Lair Traits: Fog, Maze, Poor Light, Undergrowth, Disruption, Mirages

Beast-Shapes: Legendary Size, Multiple Appendages x 3 (Arms), One With The Shadows, Terrible Mien, Superior Atavism (Needs Must), Unnatural Healing
>>
>>52155300
>Heck, were were the Traditions when the Technocracy was fighting the Ravnos antediluvian?

Who the fuck do you think made it possible for the Technocracy to actually succeed? The Technocracy couldn't have coped with reality deviants without actually being able to look past their technocratic unions.
>>
>>52155300

>If you think the Technocracy is shit, you must sympathize with the Traditions!

Nice try.

The Technocracy is still a highly corrupt, easily compromisable organization whose noble ideal will ultimately be their greatest undoing. People fall for the "True Heroes" meme because they hype up the one section where it talks about all the good they do while loudly ignoring the fact that the Technocrat is also the little-t technocrat, whose got charts and numbers to predict the world, shuffling around people like digits without realizing the nuance. Trying to change the Technocracy for the better, like some Technocrats do, is the right thing to do but also is a severe risk to their Paradigm. Reform might actually kill them.

That the Traditions are a group a breath away from a cosmic knife fight and battling for Paradigms that might be objectively worse in the long run doesn't absolve the Technocracy.
>>
>>52154652
>Ok anvil and piano didn't work
>Huge wooden mallet didn't work
>we hire seer of the throne to help us out
>Ok vamps you are lucky to have me. I just sabotaged this items to amplify the paradox so he will be destroyed when he tries to cast near spells near them
>How exactly does that work?
>seer casts spell and is immidetly devoured by some abyssal entity
>Whelp back to wooden mallet I guess
>>
File: Gaunter.png (259KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Gaunter.png
259KB, 1000x563px
If Gaunter O'Dimm were to be somehow transposed into one of the WoD splats, which one would he fit in and what particular portion of it?

Mage? Nephandi?
>>
>>52155830
Demon? True Fae?
>>
>>52155830
No shit?

Beast.

Obviously not a perfect fit but probably the closest one.

He grants powers, has weird powers, looks human for the most part, and his monkeys paw shit could be his hunger.

The final confrontation with him takes place in his Lair, which is the only place where he looks less than human.
>>
>>52156006

Beast doesn't really seem to fit with the kind of power that O'Dimm wields.
>>
>>52151614
>So does anyone in their games have a PC who gives a singular fuck about the Law in anything more than a pragmatic sense?

Yes, though it's a "Hunters Hunted" game... which means that:

>>52151645
>Man's laws are written by mortals, for mortals

Still applies.
>>
>>52151645
>Man's laws are written by mortals, for mortals

Did your apprentice really say we should obey mortal laws? Hah, that's so naive and adorable. What's next, sleepers are real people? Vampires are just misunderstood? Werewolves are cuddly?

I'm sure she'll grow out of it soon enough. She obviously hasn't had to deal much with the human government or much of anything else outside the Consilium since her Awakening. Let's hear her opinion after the next time she spends an afternoon at the DMV on line with the filthy monkeys and realizes a simple spell could have saved her the time and efforts, and allowed her to more quickly return to the Mysteries.
>>
>>52151614
I haven't met anybody in real life who cares about the law in anything more than a pragmatic sense.
>>
File: 1488693172694.gif (847KB, 500x275px) Image search: [Google]
1488693172694.gif
847KB, 500x275px
>>52157236
>implying werewolves AREN'T cuddly
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v-R4y8nWcdI

Official thread track? or is Anna's stuff too 90's and early 2000's?
>>
File: brownwampir.jpg (20KB, 380x285px) Image search: [Google]
brownwampir.jpg
20KB, 380x285px
>>52155830
>>52155994

Demon, and if you want to go with the triad True Fae i presume. He was kind of spin on 'Boruta'.

Orginal 'Diabeł Boruta z Łęczycy' was a kind of trickster form of the christian 'devil' mixed with Leshy or Bor from slavic mythology. He drank like a fucking champ tho and was in the end usually a good spirit but hell if he didn't find a way to manipulate and troll people all around before just to fuck with their minds.

All this parallels with him, tricks, manipulation and madness.

Also afaik his name was a reference to 'Dima from SK Dark Tower.
>>
>>52157282
also is it bad if I can't feel my lips?
>>
>>52157288
You mean Walter O'Dim?
>>
>>52157323

yeah obviously

they both manipulators and tricksters, both could shapeshift
>>
File: shuckschuck.png (164KB, 200x352px) Image search: [Google]
shuckschuck.png
164KB, 200x352px
>>52151066
>>Question:
>How much blood could a bloodchuck chuck if a bloodchuck could chuck blood?

Well shucks, chuck, if you chuck up your blood you ain't that cool of a poppa.

Shitposting aside, is WoD fun yet? Is there a WoD version/splatbook that doesn't read and play like the Buffyverse but angstier and unfun?
>>
>>52157278
>implying werewolves AREN'T cuddly

Gay does not equal "cuddly."
>>
>>52157278
Mages should just domesticate werewolves.
>>
>>52157605
>Mages should just domesticate werewolves.

Why bother? Who has time for pets when exploring the Mysteries?
>>
File: that giving mages the knot look.jpg (12KB, 246x246px) Image search: [Google]
that giving mages the knot look.jpg
12KB, 246x246px
>>52157605
>domesticate
that removes the best thing about a werewolf: rage
if they don't rage how else will they beat up your boi/pucci
>>
File: 1487877627647.jpg (104KB, 999x1037px) Image search: [Google]
1487877627647.jpg
104KB, 999x1037px
So I wanna run a game of nWod. Can I change the morality/derangement system or would the system break apart without it being exactly as is?

I think the "mental illness is caused by doing bad things" being put in as a rule is maybe the single worst thing I've seen in an RPG since rolling for anal circumference. That's not how that works.
>>
>>52157693
GOOD NEWS!

nWoD 2e (called Chronicles of Darkness) replaced the morality system with Integrity. As you see and do fucked up shit, your mind slowly fractures until your soul is consumed by the inhumanity of it all
>>
>>52157727
Also available as a free errata to nWoD 1e called "The God-Machine Chronicle" if you want
>>
>>52157749
>>52157727
I'll have to take a look at that. Thanks, anon.

Is it easy to still use old 1e material. Two players seem to want the campaign to be Silent Hill and there's a fan supplement.
>>
>>52157828
/v/irgin here
don't use any silent hill related fan material
the errors and misconceptions will make any kind of fan generated material full of the worst ideas and aspects of the games and their lore.
>>
File: 1489418865661s.jpg (6KB, 170x250px) Image search: [Google]
1489418865661s.jpg
6KB, 170x250px
Please tell me we have a few horror/WoD variants of the infamous Questionable Content strip. I need those keks.
>>
>>52157896
>don't use any silent hill related fan material
Long time SH fan here, can agree.
Remember, every SH game was wildly different in theme; they were each tailored to the protagonist and their specific situation, there is no one size fits all approach.
If you want a SH game, you need to master setting tone, absolutely master pacing, and know exactly what makes your players/pcs tick to ramp up feelings of dread. From experience, that shit is hard to do, but it can be done.
>>
>>52157672
No, the best thing about werewolves is that they're 8' tall dogs that you don't have to house train and live for more than 15 years. Mage boipucci is reserved for other mages.
>>
>>52152675

That's a pretty big assumption. A Mage did something that pissed off his fellow Mages, and is pretty much an outcast if not quite on the run. He is relatively new, so doesn't have any great mastery yet, but enough that he would make an excellent court wizard for a Prince. Said Prince is willing to pay with accommodation, a high wage, and as many days with any blood doll he wishes, to be on retainer and spend all his free time studying.

It might be sweet deal, at least for a while. I mean, shit, if I was a Mage I'd be willing to chill with Damsel. Remember, the none-monstrous Vampires can be pretty bro-tier. Are you telling me you wouldn't love to hang at the Last Round? Or maybe flirt with Jeanette?
>>
File: magefag takes the knot.png (44KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
magefag takes the knot.png
44KB, 200x200px
>>52158023
>Mage boipucci is reserved for other mages.
how could one man even be THIS wrong?
>>
>>52158042
Werefags don't deserve good magepussy. They can take entropy mage scraps if they want.
>>
>>52158042
You can have the Ascensionfags.

Nobody cares about them and their dead game.
>>
>>52158042

why everything about werewolfes must spin around furry fag shit, i miss those old days before internet where i was that contrarian kid obsessed with 'Apocalypse' instead of 'Masquarade' and before i discovered god damn Furries.

wolf was never the same...
>>
>>52158125
how much of a hard on do you have for saying their game is dead as if you saying it over and over again will make it real? find something better to do with your time, maybe play some mage the ascension. i hear its a good game.
>>
>>52158023
>Mage boipucci is reserved for other mages.

Meh, proximi and human sleepwalkers are acceptable as sexual partners, and sometimes mages are even willing to slum it with sleepers, or for the more adventurous and less discerning, changelings.

The latter is just not something that's discussed in polite mage company.
>>
>>52158189
>more adventurous and less discerning, changelings.
The Lord Sages of Unknown Reaches all look fucking weird too.
>>
>>52158153
werewolf would be better if the gm's weren't uncreative fucks and this guy >>52154644 wasn't the only one talking about setting and story ideas

when's the last time any werewofl game, forsaken or apocalypse, was talked about in thread that wasn't also a crossover that ended up with splat players that weren't mages nuking everybody because the mages were being insufferable cunts
>>
File: 1486947646490.gif (1MB, 362x264px) Image search: [Google]
1486947646490.gif
1MB, 362x264px
>>52158023
>werewolves is that they're 8' tall dogs
>8' tall dogs
>dogs
>>
>>52158042
A Get of Fenris could make for an okay hookup. And maybe husbando
>>
>>52158256
Well I only rolled one campaign of WtF and it ended on one of my players remarking "if your land lord wants to turn into eldrith abomination you should probably just leave town" with I do not think is good advice.

But on a serious note I do not feel I have enough experience with the game to discuss it
>>
File: 1484334256911.jpg (57KB, 640x960px) Image search: [Google]
1484334256911.jpg
57KB, 640x960px
>>52158365
Yes. Dogs. After mages domesticate them they'll make the perfect pet.
>>
>>52158256
>mages were being insufferable cunts

Being an insufferable cunt is inherent to the splat.
>>
>>52158170
Why would I play a dead game? Especially a shitty dead game like Ascension.
>>
>>52158390
I haven't participated in any werewolf campaign yet, but after reading through forsaken 2e I think I know enough to at least discuss the game

>ended on one of my players remarking "if your land lord wants to turn into eldritch abomination you should probably just leave town"

that sounds a lot like a certain story teller didn't drive home the importance of territory to their players in f2e. that's something you really have to hit new players over the head with, doubly so to people new to ttrpg's. werewolves don't subscribe to their weirdo alien culture for no reason, not even if they were literally raised by werewolves.

I think it is a little undersold in the book to discourage st's from murdering newly changed, but it's literally "if you don't do these things then you will either murder your character's family, get killed or worse by other supernatural entities, and if your character rejects their territory they could end up responsible for the deaths of a lot of innocent people including but not limited to their character's family and friends"
>>
>>52158636
you take anything to deal with all that butthurt?
>>
>>52158654
To be honest that campaign did go pretty well.

Said land lord started out as a complete joke character(dude was a vampire that actually was architect responsible for creation of the quarter of the town that game took part in) and evolved into sort of bigger bad/sometimes ally of the pack as the game progressed.

I was surprised that when they figured out that a lot of creepy stuff that happened in game was his doing they didn't go in guns blazing
>>
>>52158256

truth, people don't really talk about wolf that much to be honest, don't know why
nothing really wrong with the game but it was always least favourite of the three main's

>wolves in da hood / gta forsaken Detroit game

remember that one, got a warn for saying i would want to run one because of all the n... youths there. but actually i borrowed the idea and ran with it, not in detroit and as antagonists of course. Pitbull, mastiff like weredogs cult with black spiral connections and 'fighting' rings all around.

lots of blood, sneakers and boots, gang banging, lean, bass music and bling

was surprisingly decent session

"remember who put you on, remember who made you, you walkin' in this footsteps BOY!"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7YSNbq2KcQ
>>
>>52158777
What butthurt? My game isn't dead.
>>
>>52159066
Necromancy isn't a Sphere
tough shit
>>
>>52159002
did you record that session? I'd kill for a new werewolf actual play to listen to while I wait for either Crescent Coast or The Eater of Names to update. I got warned in that thread too, but for "posting furry content" for the giving mages the knot posts what kind of asinine bullshit is that

>>52158950
I vaguely remember someone mentioning something about this, probably you, where a bunch of hobos/werewolves had their vampire landlord over for a game of football.

anyway, a werewolf player shouldn't really consider leaving town unless there's an idigam or some other extremely powerful spirit or pure attack and everybody is in danger of or already dead / had their souls torn out
>>
>>52158256
>when's the last time any werewofl game, forsaken or apocalypse, was talked about in thread that wasn't also a crossover that ended up with splat players that weren't mages nuking everybody because the mages were being insufferable cunts
/tg/'s shit, yo
we've moved elsewhere so you can play with yourselves
>>
>>52159116
You're right.

Death, however, is an Arcanum.
>>
>Running a cyberpunk OWoD game
>Technocracy is balkanized with the large splinter factions in a perpetual cold war with the others, often using smaller factional violence for proxy war esque actions
Is this too overdone?
>>
>>52159242
>Iteration X, Syndicate, and NWO exerting a lot more influence on the Technocracy
>Progenitors covertly trying to push the consensus to favor biofunk without much success
>Void Engineers disgruntled as fewer people care about space and when they do it's all about profit-making
>>
>>52159177
Yeah that was me. As I said he started out as a joke character and way for me to dole out player advice.

Well they didn't consider leaving it but ultimately they were kind of bumed out how it turned out
>>
>>52159205
Ascension is dead
Long live Awakening
>>
>>52159437
Without a Metaplot CofD started dead.
>>
>>52157526
Mummy: The Curse
>>
>>52159323
I actually didn't have them split along convention lines. I'd post what exactly I did but I'm currently at work.
>>
>>52159323
>After budget cuts, Void Engineers begin using off planetary resources. Debriefings with X, Syndicate and NWO become more hostile
>>
In V:TM, at how many freebies do you alocate to your npcs in different power brackets?

More specifically, your Elders.
>>
>>52159449
>Needs his hands held
Kek
DnD didn't need a metaplot and 3.5 did just fine
>>
>>52159579
D&D isn't a story driven game.
>>
>>52159066
how many books did it get last year?
>>
>>52159633
1, so it seems tied up with Awakening to me.
>>
>>52159449
What do you even need a metaplot for?
>>
>>52159601

Most games driven by stories these days don't use Metaplots. If what you said had any kind of truth, AMP and Cthulhutech would be the hottest games on the market right now.
>>
>>52159601
>DnD is a gladiatorial arena
you're posting in the wrong thread anon. I can see where you can get confused >>52103468
>>
>>52159574
Someone made a pretty cool VtM stat block for all clans, bloodlines and various mortals and ghouls. Personally, I give them stats that "feel" right for a character of their level, then tone it down or improve on it depending on the PCs' own stats.
>>
>>52159717
I find it absolutely drab to have to write the whole entire world from scratch. There's no real cohesiveness to the Orders or any compelling reasons for them to really work together. They aren't even real global organizations, just boring local clubs. I want to run a game, not build an entire world to play a game in.
>>
>>52159193
splintering a community is the worst thing for at least one half of the community

after that, what happens to new players when they come in and see the shitshow you left behind? how are they supposed to get into WoD or CofD if they don't have a superior constitution against bullshit like myself?

>>52159376
how did that game come to its conclusion, I am very interested now
>>
>>52159744
Could you link it to me, kind anon?
>>
>>52159688
>he thinks m20 got 1 book last year.
>>
>>52159760
>I find it absolutely drab to have to write the whole entire world from scratch
But you don't?

>There's no real cohesiveness to the Orders or any compelling reasons for them to really work together
Inter-order conflicts and disagreements are intentional. They fuel the political aspects of the games. The only thing really keeping most Consilii from erupting into civil war is the looming threat of the Seers.

I mean, would you rather they all hold hands and sing kumbaya?

>They aren't even real global organizations, just boring local clubs.
The global aspect isn't explored very much, true.
Also, nice opinion.

>I want to run a game, not build an entire world to play a game in
You don't have to.
>>
>>52159807
I haven't saved it, sorry. You could try checking the archive since it was finished a month ago or so. It gets posted from time to time, so someone must have saved it.
>>
>>52159772
Ultimately land lord fused himself with a city and turned it into extension of himself. After few sessions of trying to bring him down pack decided it's worth to use the situation to their adventage and in exchange for becoming his enforcers they managed to subsume other packs and throw out pure.

Overall Hendersons(vampires) plot kinda did overtake the original plot of one of the other packs serving the indigam and players trying to figure out with one would that be.
>>
>>52159972
>You don't have to.
You do if you want anything more that a locally focused chronicle with no world exploring in CofD. Where as OWoD has plenty of existing material.
>>
Lets just stomp the mage fags and say that regardless of it being awakening or ascension that arguments about power tiers and whether or not a mage could stomp an antidiluvian or Gods ass are pointless because none of the splats are really intended to crossover and they're all too busy handling their own respective bullshit to actively try to antagonize each other
>>
>>52160017
Sounds like a matter of your personal taste then, and not a flaw of CofD.
>>
>>52160080
>bait
>>
MAGES R DAH BEST
>>
>>52159579
Al-Qadim had a metaplot
Dark Sun had a metaplot
Eberron had a metaplot
Forgotten Realms had a metaplot
Greyhawk had a metaplot
Hollow World had a metaplot
Ravenloft had metaplotS

The only things that didn't have metaplots were the TSR core books by RAW and 3.5 Greyhawk lite.
>>
>>52159449
Seen here: someone with no imagination
>>
>>52160281
There's a huge fucking difference between the metaplots of D&D and WoD

One is singular, the other just isn't.

You might as well give each class / race their own tabletop game.
>>
>>52160281
>Look at all these supplemental source books for the author's homebrews
Kek Those are setting docs, but I'm sure they were worth every penny
>>
>>52152590
Have the court mage be the 'power behind the throne' aka the Evil Chancellor trope.

Mages make the best villains, and they never go down easily, like any good villain.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilChancellor
>>
>>52160002
>Overall Hendersons(vampires) plot kinda did overtake the original plot of one of the other packs serving the indigam and players trying to figure out with one would that be.

how did that happen? did the citypire kill the idigam or did you just forget about it?
>>
>>52160450
>Those are setting docs
So are things like ____ by Night and Rage across ____, I fail to see your point.

>>52160347
>There's a huge fucking difference between the metaplots of D&D and WoD
And? The poster I replied to argued that there was no metaplot in D&D.
>>
What's the worst possible way to commit suicide by Mage?
>>
>>52160843
Bumping into a mage.
>>
>>52160735
"best villains"
Yeah, because everyone loves either winning through surprise or losing in all other situations.

Keep mages out of all nonmage games- they are crossover cancer.
>>
>>52160843
>What's the worst possible way to commit suicide by Mage?

Vampire offers sexual insult about mother of an Obrimos master.
>>
File: 1460199890879.webm (3MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1460199890879.webm
3MB, 1920x1080px
>>52157288

The thing is that Gaunter is just plain evil.

He's not just out to troll people out of mischief.

He enjoys having them suffer, mostly by fucking them over with their wishes, but also directly if he's peeved off enough about it.
>>
>>52160746
Players got invested in citypires weird shit more than in figuring out the traitors. When i gave them rude awakening by killing off some of the friendly npcs they were kind off cought with their pants down. While there was a showdown between citypire and indigam it was after few sessions of them trying to get their shit together
>>
File: sees the knot.png (84KB, 186x198px) Image search: [Google]
sees the knot.png
84KB, 186x198px
>>52161364
did they died?
>>
>>52160971
Malicious magicians are never easy to put down, Anon.

That doesn't mean they can't be amazing villains.

http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/EvilSorcerer
>>
Be a responsible Mage. Don't forget to spay or neuter your werewolf.
>>
>>52152623
A lot of that probably has to do with the FPS of the game, rather than the animation. Anything higher than about 30FPS hits the human brain in the 'uncanny valley/dot not WANT' angle.
>>
>>52160843

Just looking at a mage is going to kill you.
>>
>>52161587
isn't there a werewolf lodge that specifically hunts mages? that would be a good way to end up on their shit list
>>
>>52161742
Yeah, it's still in the works though, according to Chris Allen. He gave a brief rundown on them dozens of threads ago.

Various other splats have anti-magic builds already canonized, and it doesn't really hamper mages to any degree. Trying to counter Supernal magic never seemed efficient.
>>
>>52161742

The Lodge of the Cage, or whatever it's called. By default they only hunt hedge sorcerers, not Mages.
>>
>>52161742
Why would they be mad? If a mage owns a werewolf, then that mage is responsible for the health and welfare of his pet.
>>
>>52161550
They put up vampire stoned out of his ass on spirits he consumed by accident against the indigam while they went to fight traitor pack
Said traitors were trying to rerout power from the locus to indigam. In the end they connected artificial leylines created by vampire(with was his plan all along - he just didn't take hosts and spirits into account) with those of locust to give him power to slap indigam to death and then eat it
>>
I always thought werewolves would be one of the few supernaturals to stand a chance against a mage 1v1.

Am I an idiot for thinking this?
>>
>>52162116
>Am I an idiot for thinking this?
You're an idiot for caring about white-room bullshit.
>>
>>52162116

Up close and personal? Sure. Unless the Mage is specialized for close quarters combat, in which case the Werewolf has met his/her match, at the very least.

No Mage is going to be that stupid though. Like every fictional wizard, they will end you from afar while you fail to reach them.
>>
>>52157727
And killing people drives you insane.
>>
>>52162311
Depends on how, why, and who they are, but yeah.
>>
>>52162116
>werewolves stand a chance against a mage 1v1
Kinda, not really. They still have a much better chance than stupid vampires.

White rooming is bullshit however.
>>
File: UrpaI.gif (18KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
UrpaI.gif
18KB, 300x300px
>>52158256
Does the inclusion of a single Changing Breeds character make it too much of a crossover? Cause the only relevant /tg/ wolf games are Teen Wolf and the other gay one.
>>
>>52162370
"I don't like this system that claims that if you steal things and murder people, you'll probably get a mental illness!"

"Oh, they fixed that in 2e. Now stealing and kill doesn't give you mental illnesses! (But if you kill lots of people you'll probably go insane.)"

The implications aren't all that different. 2e just tones it down a little.
>>
>>52152590
Newfag here.
What if a ghoul turns out to be a mage?
>>
>>52161583
In WoD they can't, because they completely outclass other splats.
>>
>>52162500
Embrace them to fuck them completely
>>
So let me ask a serious question. Why do people hate the Free Council sourcebook? Is it because it was too light on details or was it too gonzo for NWoDfags?
>>
>>52162525
Mages can't be embraced in CofD

That's oWoD shit you're referring to.

Mages can also immunize themselves to becoming Ghouls.
>>
>>52162506
Sorcerers outclassed Conan all the time, yet that still didn't prevent the Barbarian from triumphing over them in the end.
>>
>>52161801

The Ivory Claws want all mages dead, while the other pure just pretend they're spirit-ridden. There's a reason Ivory Claws are so rare, and it's not just their purity standards.
>>
>>52162500

It's also heavily implied that a ghoul's soul is so shackled that they will never Awaken.
>>
>>52162608
>Sorcerers outclassed Conan all the time, yet that still didn't prevent the Barbarian from triumphing over them in the end.

Just like much of the classic WOD, Conan, the lead character, had plot armor.
>>
>>52155104
>science is a static paradigm
I want this myth to die.

Also I said this shit would happen. M20 goes forward, and everyone forgets the treatment the Technocracy got in the revised books.
>>
>>52161974
I've heard that there was a way to redirect leylines. I ask out of curiosity, how did citypire do this? Also was this vampire apart of the spider bloodline that never leave their lair?

Either way I have enjoyed your retelling
>>
>>52162714

Science itself as a Paradigm is not Static. The way the Technocracy expresses it, in addition with how it prefers to control the world, is absolutely Static in nature and will get worse if it is not reformed.
>>
>>52162714
>implying what the technocracy does is science
>>
>>52162955
Is anything science?

Is anything magic?

That's how Ascension works, everything just is what it is, based on belief.
>>
>>52163028
>based on belief
so its faith magic
>>
Would it be easier to run crossover using oWoD?

You guys seem to make CofD look unplayable when using different chars.
>>
>>52163327

Nope! All the systems differ, so the best you're going to get is to pick one splat and use how that splat writes the other splats as antagonists to eyeball a crossover.
>>
>>52163327
It's the opposite. Nobody runs OWoD with crossovers in mind.

Unless you're batshit insane.
>>
>>52163327
>oWoD
Have fun dealing with even more broken mages
>>
>>52163327
The problem with CofD tends to be less of a power scale issue (excluding mages) and more tonal and content based. If your party is a vampire, a werewolf, a changeling, and a huntard, what are they going to do? What is the premise of the game? You mix a lot of disparate themes and antagonists together and it can be difficult to make the plot hold up.
>>
File: Heirs of Typhon.pdf (663KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Heirs of Typhon.pdf
663KB, 1x1px
I've taken on board the feedback from the last thread, and modified the custom Legacy to ensure that it's actually worth fucking playing, Legacy creation rules be damned. Pretty much every attainment breaks the rules for Reach allocation, and even the rules of Magic at the 4th and 5th dot levels. But at least now it's worth considering.

Most of the powers are also applicable even if you're not spending all of your time around Cryptids, as humans also fall under the purview of animals.

First Attainment is much like it was, but now you can talk to anything with an instant action for a scene, and get the full Life dots in Animal Ken. Optional Spirit power lets you compel any instant action the subject isn't disposed against, but mentions you can use Animal Ken to push it in the right direciton, then the Spirit Compelling to push it over the edge.

Second Attainment is still comprehension of the physiology of subjects, but to make it worthwhile that comprehension grants you the Informed Condition with regards to the subject. The second part really just grants you Spirit knowledge, considering letting that grant you a Condition granting a bonus to Spirit casting on the subject, but perhaps not.

Third Attainment is less "one with the trees, and not worthy of notice" and more "you think I'm also a Monster/Black". Optional still keeps the Shielding against all Spirit-based abilities.

Fourth Attainment adds a list of some example qualities (added winged flight, because fuck that they didn't include that as standard), and for the Spirit optional I removed all of the limitations I had originally thought were balancing. It's the Fourth Attainment, it's supposed to be pretty broken.

Fifth Attainment I just said "fuck it". You can create up to a Rank 3 creature which you and your GM collaborate to create. So yeah make whatever the fuck you want, but talk with your GM about it. It owes you no alleigance, and it lasts forever. I hope you enjoy your visits from the Guardians.
>>
>>52163028
Yeah, and it's super fucking shallow and retarded. Nothing but a lazy cop out so that they wouldn't have to actually explain shit.
>>
>>52163327
oWoD has huge problems with crossover metaphysics.
>VtM and DtF say the Abrahamic God exists and created the universe
>WtA says Gaia created the Triat who created the universe and that Abrahamic religions were made by the Weaver
>MtAs kinda has the Triat but dude subjective reality lmao
>then Year of the Lotus fucks everything over again to give Asia its own special snowflake cosmology

And that's not even touching motivations. A Werewolf and Mage could team up to attack Pentex because of the Wyrm and the Syndicate, respectively. But why would a Vampire care? A Changeling?
>>
>>52163723

But weren't the Garou originally some kind of angels?
>>
>>52161849
>By default they only hunt hedge sorcerers, not Mages.
If I remember correctly it would be more accurate that they hunt generic magic users that may or may not be Mages depending on your personal tastes.
>>
>>52163872
Actually, it makes explicit reference to them having hunted down and captured some of the Mad.

Which is a pretty fucking impressive thing to have done, considering they have a single universal Practice, and no compunctinos about performing the most horrific acts possible and release every Paradox.
>>
>>52163918
Can't imagine just how many werewolves died trying to take town a few Mad.
>>
>>52162116
I guess? They actually have a way to deal with Twilight and if you take full advantage of Fetishes you can do some silly bullshit by using Influences or altering how your Gifts work. They can also do stuff like destroy cities and make scrying and teleporting an absolute nightmare.

Werewolves do better against Mages then Vampires or Changelings could, but that doesn't mean they can actually win unless the Mage doesn't take them seriously.
>>
>>52163937
>dead werewolves
>dead Mad

Talk about a win-win.
>>
>>52163918

They're referring to the Lodge of the Cage, in which there has been no references to the Mad.

You're thinking of the Pure, I believe. The Lodge of the Cage is still in the works.
>>
>>52163962
But the numbers wouldn't add up, probably 10+ werewolves for every Mad.

Was it worth it, Uratha?
>>
File: The Edge of Reality.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
The Edge of Reality.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
Anon who mentioned writing up a cyberpunk Technocracy thing earlier. Here it is. My RPG group has said it was okay, but I expect them to be completely taking the piss so please point out everything I've done wrong.

One thing out of the way first, yes, it's for an already written setting in GURPS, as I'm using the GURPS WoD books that came out however long ago. It should be self-contained enough though to make sense with just what I have written so far.
>>
>>52163980
Dead mages are always worth it.
>>
>>52163959
Mages have better ways of dealing with Twilight and Fetishes come easier to them, especially in terms of quality. Apprentice Spirit mages have access to capabilities even elder Uratha covet, at least according to The Pack.

>They can also do stuff like destroy cities
Gift of the Elements doesn't even go that far, it also entirely depends on the town / city.
Mages could potentially destroy the Boreal forest of Canada by adding Mind to a dozen Force conjured firestorms. Ridiculous, but entirely possible.
>>
>>52164028
I'm fairly certain that a single Mad would gladly take town dozens of werewolves with them on their way to hell.

They're fucking terrifying, even for Mages.
>>
>>52163327
These threads love to bash on CofD because it's not oWoD. The new mechanics make crossover games easy, because everyone is working off the same mechanical base and the major splats are templates.
The problem lies in theme. Each splat tends to focus on particular questions regarding the supernatural. There is nothing mechanically wrong with running multiple splats at once, but make sure to plan around that fact.
>>
>>52163918
>>52163964
>When the Lodge of the Cage turns out the prisons of their Place-That- Is-Not stronghold, they unleash gibbering and shrieking sorcerers with mutilated souls who spit fire and shout apart reality.

This is from a sidebar in The Pack. So it doesn't say that they hunt Mages but that description really sounds like one of the Mad. Also from Chris Allen said about throwing them into a crack in reality to help keep it closed or to get knowledge from it, it really sounds like they capture Mages to keep the Abyss from leaking out into the Shadow.
>>
>>52163962

How is that even remotely a win for the Weres? It's akin to ants swarming over a hornet.
>>
File: Lodge of the Cage.png (202KB, 480x800px) Image search: [Google]
Lodge of the Cage.png
202KB, 480x800px
>>52163964
My mistake, it's not explicit, but they reference "shrieking sorcerers with mutilated souls who spit fire and shout apart reality".

That sounds pretty Mad to me, and far beyond most "generic" magic users.
>>
>>52164139
Chris Allen gave a rundown on this dozens of threads ago, and he explicitly mentioned that they're not exclusively mages, and that they might never even be mages to begin with.

Hedge sorcerers also bend reality to their will, as do a great many other entities, nothing on the level of Mage of course, but reality deviants aren't solely an Awakening creation.
>>
>>52164140

It's a win-win for the non-Mad mages.

Eliminate dangerous adversarial mages and a stray dog problem at the same time.
>>
>>52164163
I don't get how you came to the conclusion that those "shrieking" sorcerers are/must be among the Mad.

The Lodge of the Cage "lobotomizes" their sorcerers, as of Chris's words.
>>
File: Lodge of the Cage (Not Final).png (141KB, 1213x1277px) Image search: [Google]
Lodge of the Cage (Not Final).png
141KB, 1213x1277px
Here's that rundown, for interested persons.
>>
>>52164237
They have cracked souls, Anon.
Can wuffles do that to someone? Possibly.
But that's what happens when a Mage runs out of Wisdom, so I'm inclined to think that they're quite possibly the Mad.
>>
>>52164271
>theories

Homebrew what you want, Anon.
>>
>>52164241
Chris goes out of his way to suggest Werewolves as servants of the Seers, lol.

Then makes a point that these "sorcerers" are not necessarily mages to begin with.

>mage supremacy
>>
>>52164241
Interesting, I wonder when it will be tweaked and canonized.

Perhaps they could put it in the upcoming Crossover Chronicle.
>>
>>52164071
Okay? I was just saying Werewolves have a better shot than Vampires, not that they stronger than Mages.

As for the Gift of Elements, it depends on which one you want. If a Werewolf used Create (Water) + Cataclysm to create a 5 mile tall and 10 mile wide globe of water it's going to fuck everything up when it gets loose and floods a city.

Finally, Werewolf Fetishes are great because a 3 dot one can modify how a Facet works so you can custom tailor new Facets for a hunt.
>>
>>52164271
>They have cracked souls

Exactly how is having a cracked soul exclusive to unfortunate mages? This isn't some unique predicament. Moros manipulate souls all the time.
>>
>>52163723
>Gaia created the Triat
Actually, it's the other way around
>>
>>52164241
So Officially it's a thing. it just doesn't have a write up. It sounds a whole lot like ideas they had but never codified. Make a lodge that hunts X for X reason. Give them some general anti magic gifts or merits. Have them hunt any magic user, so you have a nice range of targets. As far as rational; how many times has magic just fucked over the shadow? There's thematic room.
>>
Have any of you experimented with the Horror template for the CoD? It's a lot more versatile than it looks. How about you all challenge me to create some new Horrors?
>>
>>52164522

A few other game-lines have/had anti-magic capabilities, arguably better than the ones proposed by Allen. Rebuke the Vizier (Mummy) comes to mind.

I just wonder what their in-game (lore wise) explanation for hunting mages is going to be. Supernal magic already supersedes other various magics, barring the weirdness of Promethean.

Mages might as well use Spirit to counter their ant-magic whatnot. Anti anti-magic!
>>
>>52164668
Chris never actually said that they're necessarily going to be mages, it all depends on a few factors.

>Mages might as well use Spirit to counter their ant-magic whatnot
The Spirit Arcanum would effectively make the Lodge of the Cage useless at dealing with sorcerers and other magic users, which is ironically what they're supposed to do.
>>
Which book is actually right: Revelations of the Dark Mother or the Book of Nod?
>>
>>52163980

there's three werewolves and five vampires for every mage in oWoD. I think Nwod decided to stay away from census taking.
>>
>>52164668
Mages fuck with the balance of things. Werewolves maintain the balance of the spiritual ecosystem. I image something along the lines of Mages experiment and break wolf thingy. Lodge goes rouge to stop that from happening again. Probably a Hunters in the Dark + Bone Shadow mix. I forget can anyone join a lodge or is it tribe restricted?
>>
>>52164668

The Monday Meeting Notes are out, and once again, Signs of Sorcery continues to languish in "Development" purgatory, to say nothing of the fact that Tome of the Pentacle hasn't even begun first drafts

DaveB is letting us down. We might need a new favorite developer.
>>
>>52164904
>DaveB is letting us down

Don't you dare talk shit about the Hieromagus!
>>
File: The_Mask.jpg (289KB, 1112x1280px) Image search: [Google]
The_Mask.jpg
289KB, 1112x1280px
Stat him (WoD or CoD, your choice)
>>
>>52164951

The Hero-Mage and (even worse) Diamond Wheel concepts made me want to lobotomize whoever came up with them.
>>
>>52164964

Gentry asshole
>>
>>52164964
fishmalk\10
>>
>>52164964
The fishiest of Malks.
>>
>>52164964
True Fae, definitely.
>>
Going with >>52164783 here

Mage hunting werewolves wouldn't get far with Spirit being able to nullify their anti magic Gifts/etc. Anti magic abilities won't work against their corresponding Arcanum. Wouldn't Prime alone ward against such shenanigans?
>>
>>52164951
>Don't you dare talk shit about the Hieromagus!

Dave is not the Hieromagus.

He is The Komodo, Exarch of oppression of waiting for rpg supplements that are promised but are never published,

It might be a small lesser Ministry, but it's particularly brutal.
>>
>>52165064
>Wouldn't Prime alone ward against such shenanigans?

Shenanigan Shield only requires Prime 2.

>Mage Supremacy
>>
>>52165064
Mages deal with other mages constantly, to near exclusion of the rest.
Because of this, I am most certain that they would be highly proficient at dealing with supernaturals specializing in anti-magic.

Anti-magic werewolves? Spirit says no.
Anti-magic changelings? Fate says no.
Anti-magic mummies? Prime says no.
>>
>>52165159

Hypothesis: The Majority of the fleabags' captives are hedge mages, psychics, proximi, sleepwalkers, and the rare solitary or banisher caught off guard. They toss the unfortunates into the abyss, pushing them into the state of the mad.
>>
>>52164964
>movie version
Into the dustbin it goes.

The comic version would be equivalent to either a Marauder or a Fomor.
>>
>>52165159
You send the changelings against the thyrsus
and the Werewolf against the Acanthus.
and You definitely don't send the Vampire verse the Moros

>Hunters sitting on the porch with a cold one; waiting out the hot war
>Lots of Dead everything
>>
>>52164964
I personally think that whoever wears the Mask can be treated as a Claimed by a spirit of Mischief with Rank 5. Here is the write up. The Fabricate Dread Power is courtesy of Reighnhell.

Attribute Bonuses: +5 Strength, +3 Presence, +2 Intelligence, +3 Dexterity, +7 Manipulation, +5 Wits, +5 Stamina, +2 Composure, +5 Resolve. These increase derived traits and may bring the Attributes beyond 10 dots.

Maximum Essence/Per Turn: 50/15

Influences: Mischief 5

Dread Powers: Armored Hide 3, Fabricate, Fiendish Deceit, Incite Bedlam, Leap, Liar’s Tongue, Monstrous Resilience, Numen (Drain, Essence Thief, Hallucination, Mortal Mask, Speed), Reality Stutter, Regenerate 5, Swift, Tazmanian Whirlwind, Unbreakable

Bonus Merits: Indomitable (Advanced), Vice-Ridden (Mischievous), Ambidextrous, Crack Driver 3, Demolisher 3, Double Jointed (Advanced), Fleet Of Foot 3, Iron Stamina 3, Parkour 4, Sleight Of Hand, Stunt Driver 3, Barfly, Closed Book 4, Fast-Talking 5, Iron Will, Pusher, Striking Looks 2 (Cartoonish), Table Turner, Cheap Shot, Heavy Weapons 5, Martial Arts 4
>>
>>52165294
Fabricate - The creature can conjure objects from nowhere. By spending a point of Essence and making a roll of an appropriate dice pool (minus the highest of the objects Availability, Size, or Weapon Bonus), the creature can produce equipment, items or weapons from thin air. The object is considered a typical item of its type and provides its standard equipment or weapon bonuses if applicable. Fabricated objects last until the end of the scene, at which point they vanish. Objects created with Fabricate typically have “flaw” (the objects might be fragile, deal less damage etc.)

Liar's Tongue - Same as the one of the Unchained (Demon: The Descent, Pages 182-183)

Fiendish Deceit - Gain an Interdisciplinary Specialty with Area Of Expertise for Mischief. Anytime this Specialty might apply to a roll, you may spend 1 Essence to give it 8 Again. You suffer no untrained penalties for Skills you do not have, as long as you use them for mischief.

Tazmanian Whirlwind - Spend 1 Essence and roll Stamina + Athletics. You inflict the Heavy Winds Environmental Tilt around yourself with an intensity equal to Successes for one turn, capping at intensity 5. The Essence cost may be paid again on subsequent turns to keep this power activate.

Incite Bedlam - Same as the one of the Lost, spending Essence instead of Glamour and using Rank instead of Wyrd.

Ban: Can only be used at night.

Bane: Chains blessed by a Rank 5 Helion.
>>
>>52165159

Prime can ward off anti-magic from any source.

Just a reminder.
>>
Couple of quick archmage questions -

1. Does Gnosis 6+ necessitate becoming an archmaster first, effectively leaving "the game"? Because i gather the dangers of failing basically involve becoming a shrieking horror-maze from beyond hell.

2. Do you think Archmasters are aware of their own fictional nature, or at least suspect it?

3. If "the Supernal is the self" as proposed by the Adamantine Arrow, wouldn't ascension to the supernal realms basically be crawling up your own metaphysical asshole?
>>
>>52165580
1. You can get to Gnosis 10 without reaching Mastery
2. Some might suspect, but really Fate is an Arcanum. Any Mage might think they're just a pawn in some higher entity's game.
3. That's utterly, completely retarded
>>
>>52166011

Why?

Awakening is utterly predicate on Death of the Author, because symbols are inherently subjective, and an ascended mage becomes a symbol. Becomes subjective. Open to a variety of definitions.

If the supernal realms are at the far end of inner space, through onierous > temenos > world-soul > abyss > supernal, isn't it metaphysically the equivalent of crawling up your own asshole?
>>
What's the worst thing about the game?
hard mode: Not the sidebars
>>
>>52166414
Its fanbase
>>
>>52166414
This general.
>>
I also wonder what experience in the supernal might cause an archmaster to nope the fuck out and become Aswadim.
>>
>>52163472
oWoD mages are arguably far more potent than nWoD mages, at least at the high end of things.

Lower valleys and higher peaks.
>>
>>52166542
A complete and utter humiliating and soul-crushing defeat and the ruination of everything you have worked so hard for, at the hands of the Exarchs.

You learn that it's impossible to save the world while the Exarchs persist, and even your own Ascension would only be saving yourself, not saving the world.

Thus, you must destroy the world, destroy the Supernal, and start again.
>>
>be mage
>be hungry from hunting all those mysteries and running my lawn chair emporium
>order pizza
>it arrives
>open the door
>delivery girl is cute
>be smooth
>i pay, she hands me the pizza
>"enjoy!"
>"y-you too"
>oh god
>silence
>she leaves
>immediately start plotting my ascension so i can destroy this reality
>>
>>52160843
>all these sarcasm 'lel just looking at one will kill you m8'

Be the antagonist of a mage campaign us the best way to acheivs the goal of suicide by mage.
>>
>>52162592
No one can be entirely omniscient.
>>
>>52164904
>CtL2e is still in development
>David hill said he sent the final draft to white wolf in October.

Why must i wait
>>
>>52165317
>magic can stop anti-magic
Its shit like this that ensures I'll never run mage
>>
>>52166856
>not reversing time to have another go
>not using mind magic to take her
>not using fate magic to engineer a series of bizarre circumstances where the delivery girl will fall into your arms
>not using life magic to make yourself so handsome she drenches the floor upon seeing you

0/10 would not form a cabal wiht.
>>
File: 1489264641653.jpg (191KB, 1680x943px) Image search: [Google]
1489264641653.jpg
191KB, 1680x943px
>>52166557
>In the land of dead games, the ascended mage is king
>>
File: scotch.png (12KB, 429x410px) Image search: [Google]
scotch.png
12KB, 429x410px
>>52167143

Oh fuck. The Entropy hating weeaboo magefag is back.
>>
File: Lookatthatfagdrink.jpg (26KB, 539x566px) Image search: [Google]
Lookatthatfagdrink.jpg
26KB, 539x566px
>>52167159
>I come and go as I please
>Unlike Ascension which stays in its unvisited grave
>>
>>52167262
Depends on the Spheres, as some of them outdo the Arcana.

Forces in Ascension can conjure atomic blasts the size of Texas at five dots, while it requires Archmastery in Awakening to do any of that.

Likewise, the Life Arcanum is just better than the Life Sphere by all measurements.
>>
>>52167296
I really shouldn't have looked at that picture.

But I did. I fucking did look at it.
>>
File: 10378436a9.jpg (65KB, 801x1200px) Image search: [Google]
10378436a9.jpg
65KB, 801x1200px
>>52167331
Forces is part of that wankfest but I thank you for recognizing the life inequality.
>>
File: 1478678759108.gif (533KB, 500x313px) Image search: [Google]
1478678759108.gif
533KB, 500x313px
>>52162525
>Watch fanger trip out as he fails the acid test
>cement his feet into the sidewalk
>treat that dirty fanger to his first sunrise in a century
>>
>>52167351
It's too late for you now. The seed has been planted. What forbidden pleasures await you if you surgically modify your lower half into a semi sapient sonic toilet and hang around dive bar bathrooms.
>>
>>52162780
Vampire was member of that bloodline and there is also sort of blood sorcery that gives you some control over city(teleporting around, locking people in and so on) so i went from there. Vamp did put painstaking effort for the last 200 years to have city distric be a part of his haven and then expand.
Result was him being able to siphon life from thousands of people living in that district without having to go after the directly and becoming omniscent inside of it.

And then things snowballed when he started consumig spirits that were getting through gauntlent in his buildings
>>
>>52167906
What would happen if that bbeg consumed and was infused with >>52167296

?
>>
>>52155830
Nephandus or Fomor. Go read chronicles of the black labyrinth, son.
>>
In Mage 2e, what Practice of Forces would be required to amplify (or create) and direct light to create a laser beam capable of inflicting lethal or greater damage?
>>
>>52168429
Patterning, Forces 4.
>>
>>52167143
>>52167199
>Daily reminder that ascension has been back in publication for two years with a relaunch on the horizon.

Man, what is it with all of the cunt-crucified chrodniggers these days?
>>
File: FIOmqJ.jpg (60KB, 530x535px) Image search: [Google]
FIOmqJ.jpg
60KB, 530x535px
>>52168580
>I'm so triggered about my dead game
>please LARP that it's alive with me

No.
>>
>>52168599
Have fun with that.

Really, do you have anything better to do than constantly spam these threads?
>>
File: nightmare2000.jpg (43KB, 481x365px) Image search: [Google]
nightmare2000.jpg
43KB, 481x365px
>>52168580
>Proof Drac loves necrophilia
>>
>>52168181
He would try to turn city into Sonic level? Than fight demon disguised as a chicken disguised as a robot?
>>
>>52168667
I just got here. You should tend to your assortment of bulbs if you plan on projecting this much.

Also your spergy breakdown last thread was pretty cringe desu
>>
>>52168758
Sounds like a comfy idea. Make it happen.
>>
File: d5aiGqY.jpg.png (421KB, 539x960px) Image search: [Google]
d5aiGqY.jpg.png
421KB, 539x960px
>>52164404
>everyone but the mage gets drowned

>????

>Have to hand over character sheet to ST because integrity dropped into negatives.

OR

Pax Arcana means an archmage slaps that pupper's shit so hard it unmakes him. Can't have gross displays of magic being revealed to the normies.
>>
>>52168830
>just got here.
>Yet Has had nothing better to talk about for the past few days than to shit on oWoDfags

Uh huh...
>>
File: 4Bb8Ln.png (568KB, 852x880px) Image search: [Google]
4Bb8Ln.png
568KB, 852x880px
>>52169037
>You must be a NSA level hacker in order to read my sperg out tantrum from last thread which is linked in the first post of this thread

>I kicked and thrashed about my game being dead so hard that others cringed for me

>Concoct fantasy of victimhood like SJW
>>
File: 1487960091896s.jpg (3KB, 125x125px) Image search: [Google]
1487960091896s.jpg
3KB, 125x125px
>>52135257

No sweety, entropyfags don't have access to necromancy.
>>
>>52169125
>>52135198
Sweetheart, if you're going to pretend you just got here, at least change your filenames.

>>52169158
For a lot of the rotes that involve talking to ghosts or commanding ghosts, entropy is necessary as well as spirit.
>>
>>52169309
I'm not on twitter and I don't actually care because I voted for him.
>>
>>52169380
Who are you even talking about?
>>
>>52169385
Theres some fag on twitter who replies to literally every Trump post with some pathetic attempts at sarcasm by calling him sweety and honey all the time.

Its hilarious. The autism to watch for every single tweet and reply to it as soon as it appears is impressive.
>>
>>52169394
I hate to break it to you, but "sweetheart" is a very common term.

Particularly if you want to sound condescending.
>>
>>52169422
...I'm actually gonna have to check that out. Sounds hilarious.
>>
>>52169444
It's pretty absurd if true. I mean the man is about as sweet as- and coincidentally looks like- a five day old coffee stain.
>>
File: 1439947610429.jpg (211KB, 805x945px) Image search: [Google]
1439947610429.jpg
211KB, 805x945px
>>52169236
>Being so autistic you failed to understand that I just got here means today's thread.

>Being this butthurt that anons can go to sleep and join next days thread

>actually going through old threads because I got to you

>bloo bloo my game is dead

We know.
>>
>>52169807
What the fuck are you even talking about?
>>
>>52166557
Not all the spheres were well written. Most were done poorly.
>>
>>52165317
Can Prime add armor to their tass illusions?

Is Prime's only recourse vs hunters with guns to zap them with holy fire?
>>
>>52164163
Doesn't each arcana have a method of unstoppable escape? How would doggos stop mages from disappearing?

And don't changelings just pop up somewhere else when they die? Why don't all changelings kill themselves?
>>
File: 1468144662963.jpg (275KB, 900x1625px) Image search: [Google]
1468144662963.jpg
275KB, 900x1625px
>>52167021
>Changeling's rerelease
>stolen from your bed by pic related
>transported to an Escheresque version of your highschool but huge
>always out of breath from sprinting through your old classrooms with the eery checkered floors and towering desks.
>always hunted by this vaporeon
>always caught
>always raped
>every time feel forearms lengthening slightly
>an awful reddish hue adorns my once fecal complexion
>this continues for decades
>eventually find the exit and hit up earth
>o noes I'm a misunderstood otherkin that hides beneath a human facade time to form a help group.
>Trick qt mages into eating my fruit.
>>
>>52170163
No, when a changeling dies, he's dead. Changelings are not very powerful.

Also, easy way to prevent mages from escaping- keep them constantly sedated. Or break their spines, but that's pretty likely to kill them.

Of course, I have no idea why you'd leave a mage alive. Mages should be killed in every situation.
>>
>>52166643

But the Aswadim's ascension involves totally cutting yourself off from the truth and being "rewarded" by the abyss (Yeah, that's not suspicious at all).

I don't think any archmage would be OK with servitude, besides a Seer. And Seers are already "Team Exarch" anyway.
>>
>>52170565
Not mentioning that Descending as Aswadim should be fucking impossible, with Omens like "Destroy the Earth" or "Kill everyone everywhere everytime forever".
>>
So what are everyones favourite/ least favourite books in wod/cofd and why? Could be overall or per gameline.

>VtR
Most: Blood Sorcery or covenant books for invictus and Lancea. I like alternative mechanics presented in BS and covenant books have a lot of interesting stuff

I do dislike the Secrets of the Covenants. I would give them 3$ for mechanics even if some of them are not great but seriously I honestly don't give a fuck about short stories
>>
File: 1uVsVIu.png (478KB, 460x460px) Image search: [Google]
1uVsVIu.png
478KB, 460x460px
>>
What path is best for a "Souls should not be bound by Gravity"
>>
>>52171076
>What path is best for a "Souls should not be bound by Gravity"

If you mean literal souls, they're already not bound by gravity.

If you mean it figuratively, gravity is the inherent domain of the Obrimos with the primary Arcana of Forces and Prime.
>>
>>52171076
That's... A pretty weird statement.
Considering that souls are interred within bodies until death, unless great mystical harm is done to them.
>>
>>52170985
Someone hasn't read the books.
>>
>>52171130
This is more a statement about Martin than Vlad.
>>
>>52171122
Its not literal. Its figure of speech that gravty as forces the bind and keep individuals from opening their minds and fulfilling their potential. Its about letting go of abstract notions
>>
>>52170825

So I have to ask - why wouldn't an aswadim try to conquer the abyss or at least part of it and take what they want rather than try to destroy the world?
>>
>>52171422
You need to cut yourself from the universe first. Abyss is not that different from Supernal in that regard - it won't accept Traveler or Seeker.
>>
Thought on the new VtM card game? Looks very basic and like any other card game out there, bit disappointed desu. Basically mafia, most likely not going to buy it
>>
>>52172414

It's supposed to be a casual social deduction game so you're not too far off. Considering that it was developed to serve as ways to spend downtime during LARPs and Tabletop Conventions, a la Magic, I'm not surprised. I think it's neat, but not must-pledge neat.

If nothing else, I love that being a Gangrel means "wear a flame-decal cowboy hat".
>>
Is it possible to get a lrgacy at character creation?
>>
File: 1488416774094.gif (6MB, 530x524px) Image search: [Google]
1488416774094.gif
6MB, 530x524px
Anyone interested in running a game of Masquerade? In fact, is anyone interested in playing it at all? Me and a friend are looking for a gm+players, We're on roll20 with an indeterminate date and time, so if interested come on in.
https://app.roll20.net/forum/post/4769441/lfg-introducing-a-friend-to-vampire-the-masquerade
>>
>>52173359

What part of the world/timezone are you from?
>>
>>52173467
I'm in cst, the other person is in germany.
>>
>>52161597
Are you baiting?
>>
File: 1479361172697.jpg (133KB, 800x763px) Image search: [Google]
1479361172697.jpg
133KB, 800x763px
>>52170970
>So what are everyones favourite/ least favourite books in wod/cofd and why?

I'mma go with V20 from WoD...

>Best:
V20 Rites of the Blood and V20 Hunters Hunted II. I love more blood magic, and Hunters Hunted was a brilliant book that really helps in making hunter-groups out of regular mortals.

>Worst:
Eeeeh... It's hard to say, since I'm of the opinion that all the V20 books are actually pretty decent at their core (aside from some really shitty art here and there). But, if I had to pick one, it'd be the V20 Companion since it's just... boring. It can be useful, but the stuff inside is still very yawn-inducing.
>>
>>52173359
You're two players without a gm? Yeah, good luck hombre. Gms are not easy to get.
>>
So, I was looking through my Google Drive stuff the other day and ran across some sheets for an old WoD Campaign I ran but never finished (I graduated college and moved to a different town before we got to the end of it).

Other stuff aside, I found info for a custom vampire bloodline and a custom Promethean lineage. The bloodline is... not that original (Can only feed off of other supernaturals/people with recent exposure to supernatural forces, but get special abilities based on who/what they fed off of most recently), but the Lineage was interesting enough that I thought it might still be usable for something, so I came here to ask an opinion on it.

The lineage is based off of the myth of the Mayan hero twins. tl;dr version: The myth states they ended up in Xibalba, one of them got decapitated there, and later the other one stitched his dead brother back together and ressurected him. Seen through a nWoD lens, they were taken to Arcadia, one died there, and the other became a demiurge and created a new promethean lineage with the brother's corpse.

The lineage's special ability is Divine Bond, which creates a stronger connection between the Promethean and their creator, getting bonuses while in close proximity and penalties while far apart. An alternative version allows each to ressurect the other Osiran style, with no limit on the number of times (Though it costs more). It's possible to change the bond over to another Promethean instead, but the bond with their creator is automatic.

Their associated element is light, and their wasteland makes the suns rays hotter and makes things dry, sharp, and brittle in the area. Their torment causes them to become giddy, childish, and sadistic, while losing much of their common sense. I don't seem to have any notes on their disquiet.

So, thoughts?
>>
>>52173162
RAW? No, you need at least one experience to spend to join a Legacy.
Thread posts: 313
Thread images: 37

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.