[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horus Heresy General - /hhg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 368
Thread images: 59

File: no-kangz.jpg (2MB, 2076x1719px) Image search: [Google]
no-kangz.jpg
2MB, 2076x1719px
No kangz edition
Where are the cops when you need them? subedition

All around the world, players, all around the world.
This goes out to players all around the world.

And that's all that happened. >>52134639

>THIS THING
http://www.mediafire.com/file/de3l5i29kn69n73/The_Horus_Heresy_Book_7_-_Inferno.pdf
https://mega.nz/#!OFklhA4K!GiwY4FA3rSFJN_9_LACZIRk2yGf_DdhIK7AY8t4PhQk

>HHG
http://pastebin.com/iUqNrrA8
Official HH 7th Edition Errata (Updated January 2016)
http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/resources/fw_site/fw_pdfs/Horus_Heresy/Horus_Heresy_7th_Edition.pdf

>30k TACTICA & TIPS
What to include in a HH list, how to format it, what makes each legion special (crunch), tactics, Tutorials for Heresy-era minis and more
http://pastebin.com/Tm2P4QLp

>HH Books, Novels and Rulebooks galore
http://pastebin.com/k9uvqsub
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fmega.nz%2F%23F!BxI1HSgI!0tKymKh9RZTzGpgIA5EyC

>Updated rulebooks
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2Ffz1OuHK%2Fcrusade-imperialis-army-lists.pdf.html
https://sys.4chan.org/derefer?url=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.docdroid.net%2FZTK72gs%2Flegiones-astartes-age-of-darkness-army-list.pdf.html

>/HHG/'s Legion demographics
http://www.strawpoll.me/10558764
>Primarch Popularity Poll
http://www.strawpoll.me/11458318

>Make your unit entries, use Celestia Antiqua Std and Garamond
http://www.mediafire.com/file/q315zmyjntb4j04/LA+Exploitable+v1.pdf

>HHG Discord
https://discordapp.com/invite/wYS2J6b
>>
File: IMG_0025.png (277KB, 396x396px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0025.png
277KB, 396x396px
>>
So I want some cloths or something for my mk6 vet squad.

I gave one of them the loincloth without purity seals from my tac box. Any other bits I could look for? Maybe from other manufacturers?
>>
>>52146940
DA vet kit comes with 3 MkVI legs with robes.

I've noticed that pure tabards are a bit less common in bits stores. It's usually either leather straps, chainmail or fur pelts. I'd love a nice long tabard piece to hand from a Marine's belt. Maybe look into some Eldar kits? I think wraithguard have some tabards, though they might have to get cut down to size.
>>
>>52146985
I see that nobz have a good looking one. Are these too big?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/40K-Ork-Nobz-Tabard-Loincloth-Loincloth-Bits-2-Bits-/201828111563
>>
Asking more Mechanicum-related questions in an autistic stream: I'm thinking of taking wo units of Thallax as compulsory troops, 4 per unit with Tank Hunters and 1 Plasma Fusil, is that decent? What to take after that? More Thallax? Secutarii in land trains? What heavy support choices are worth taking? I've got my eye on Thanatars and Krios Venators, any anons with input on how they perform on the table? When might the Arlatax come out? When might 30k Skitarii come out? Who will take home the title belt at Malice Above the Palace M31?
>>
File: Thallax Can't Wake Up.png (230KB, 540x295px) Image search: [Google]
Thallax Can't Wake Up.png
230KB, 540x295px
>>52147130

Why are you taking tank hunter then giving them plasma fusils, an anti infantry weapon? Why not a photon thruster at that point? After that, if you're taking Thallax as compulsory you're going Reductor, so Artillery Tanks are great. Hoplites in a macrocarid can also be good. Krios Venators are overall great. Don't bother with Thanatar in the Reductor list, just go artillery tanks.
>>
>>52147180

Hey R'myr, I was reprimanded by one of the legion's techmarines because I replaced the cyclone missile launcher on my cataphractii terminator armor with a darkfire cannon and by cobbling together a combilas-volkite and using that instead of the usual combibolter + power weapon issue.
>>
>>52147130
Don't take the Tank hunters upgrade. Give them Rending and Chainblades, and do squads of 4-5 for best results. They'll be scary

As for your other guys, choices are wide open. If you're running OR then the Artillery Tank, Myrmidons, and Trios are good Heavy options. Secutarii in a pain train will also do you good, maybe mix around with walking peltasts laying down back/midfield fire (hammershot is good) and some Hoplites jetting in on an Arvus/pain train.

Just make sure your list has unity, everything should work in tandem, not solely by itself. Think big picture (and be realistic) about what you'll lose and what can replace it.
>>
>>52146900
Anyone else hoping that Orks get introduced to 30k with the White Scars in a book covering the whole chondax to prospero story arc and the run-ins with the death guard, the alpha legion, and their own traitors?

I'd really like to see the serious side of orks and their brutality via forgeworld.
>>
>>52146900

Breacher anon here from the last thread. I really appreciate everyone's comments and suggestions. I was leaning towards rocking breachers under thousand sons to get that raptora invulnerable save. But after some anons brought it up, it seems that contrary to fluff raven guard can actually run breachers quite well. At this point I think I am leaning towards RG for my legion, and would run a sort of hammer and anvil list with 20 man squad of breachers. They would get 4 grav guns and a vigilator. What types of units would work in tandem with this? I was thinking 20 assault marines and contemptors/dorito? That is at least what I was considering. Lots of infantry, walkers and few vehicles.

I don't mean to just pick the legion that is cheesiest for my breachers (although I kind of am) I just want to field them effectively and am not particularly attached to one legion or the other. Fluff would come after I choose the legion and I would likely paint them a bit different than the normal colors of the legion. Does anyone have the pre-primarch scheme for the raven guard?
>>
>>52147180
Why not on the Thanatar? Just doesn't pull its weight?
>>
>>52147659

Thanatar is an artillery robot. Ordo reductor has artillery in spades.
>>
>>52147536
Iron hands make for excellent breachers as well as hammer and anvil tactics. Inviolate armor makes their infantry resilient to a lot of shooting. Perhaps keep them in mind too. Immortals, while a little expensive, can be a nasty unit when used right.
>>
>>52147683
Definitely will keep them in mind. Right now I am considering:

Thousand sons, with pre-primarch paint scheme
Imperial Fists, with crimson fists scheme
Iron Hands, with red talons scheme
Raven Guard, with ??? scheme
And I guess Alpha Legion can also infiltrate the breachers like RG can so I suppose I should consider them as well.
>>
Any tips for removing mold lines from curved surfaces?
>>
>>52147536
Get a 20 man UM Breacher squad and give them all power weapons in a spartan watch as Angron gets shanked like the bitch he is
>>
>>52147813
scrape with back of knige? Sand?

???
>>
>>52147782
Yeah. The clan morragul scheme is really slick. The red pauldron with the claw really pops with the black, steel, and white.
>>
>>52147813
Carefully scrape with the knife blade at a 90° angle. Less is more, you can always take off more but it's harder to put plastic back on.
>>
>>52147536
The pre-corax scheme is bare metal with the XIX legion symbol, and will get mixed up with iron warriors a lot.

Speaking as a XIX player, Breachers for RG make a lot of sense, since while on the ground they took areas with stealth, in space and boarding actions that was usually not an option as so they had to make do with lighting assaults hitting as hard as possible, and hard raids in a space combat environment is where breachers excel.

If you really want to model them for Raven guard fluff, use the boarding shield upgrade pack on mk IV or mk VI bodies. The shields are slightly smaller and 'built' lighter, which would fit a lightning assault force.
>>52145574
Go read the rules for sub-orbital strike wing LoW, you can take 1-3 of anything listed in IA that isn't re-printed in an HH book as long as it has 3hp or less

not the original commenter but that wounds like a good way to make use of veletaris
>>
>>52147678
Any reason to play Taghmata or Cybernetica over Reductor?
>>
>>52148190
less restrictive when it comes to troops slots mostly, as well as access to the full array of techno-arcana on your archmagos instead of either a dominus or a reductor archmagos
>>
Anyone have good suggestions on how to use Immortals, especially with Company of Bitter Iron?
>>
>>52148168
Shame they couldn't squeeze valkyries in there normally. They, along with Chimeras used to be in HH. But unless FW can sell the kits, it's a no go. Now field more arvus lighters.
>>
File: Untitled.png (31KB, 434x132px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
31KB, 434x132px
THEY KNOW
>>
I’ve been thinking of getting into 30k with some Custodes although my local meta is entirely 40k, hows this list look?

1500 Point Legio Custodes Army, Crusade Force Org Chart:

Legio Custodes Shield Captain + Melta Bombs/Arae-Shrikes/Praesidium Shield/Digital Lasers/Cyber Familiar/Paragon Spear: 257 Points
*The Nemean Reaver + Chosen of the Sigillite: 215 Points

Legio Custodes Custodian Guard Squad:
Custodian Guard x3 + Arae-Shrikes x3/Magisterium Vexilla & Sentilel Warblade x1: 181 Points
Legio Custodes Sentinel Guard Squad:
Sentinel Guard x3 + Magisterium Vexilla & Solarite Gauntlet x1: 210 Points

Legio Custodes Coronus Grav-Carrier + Armoured Ceramite: 155 Points

Legio Custodes Contemptor-Achillus Dreadought + Achillus Dreadspear: 240 Points

Legio custodes Agamatus Jetbike Squadron:
Custodian Agamatus x3 + Adrathic Devastator x3: 240 Points

Total: 1498 Points, 13 models.

I mostly wrote this list on what I think would be neat to have on the table, one Custodes Dreadnought, one Custodes tank, some jetbikes and the Nemean Reaver. The loadout for the troops and the Shield Captain are mostly what I see recommended online.

The one concern I have at the moment is I know a local space wolf player is also interested in getting into 30k, and his made noise about running with Russ, a unit of SW specific terminators, a land raider and at least one laser Vidicator (he originally mentioned running a Typhon, but quickly changed his mind when I mentioned that was close to as many points as his primarch) among other things. He mentioned he wanted to take the SW specific power armour troops too but I’m not sure how sold he is on that idea.

I also know that Knights Errant aren’t explicitly stated to be okay in TotE lists because of missing allies matrix info, but I plan on clearing it with opponents first since Knights Errant are sworn brothers to Loyalist armies and Custodes are almost entirely likely to to loyalists.
>>
File: bitter-please.jpg (87KB, 465x387px) Image search: [Google]
bitter-please.jpg
87KB, 465x387px
>>52148639
Know what?
>>
What's the best way of combining lots of images of single infatry models into 1 collage. GIMP, Paint, Publisher or something?
>>
>>52147180
You said what I was thinking...but why would you place the Hoplites in a Macrocarid?
Those are neither Assault transports nor Fast or DT-Troops or with a 20-man capacity like Triarii are, not to mention a kited out Macro can easily reach 300 points or so.
>>52147256
>Give them Rending and Chainblades, and do squads of 4-5 for best results. They'll be scary
Funny, last thread they said that loadout sucked, that one was better off using the Thallax J-S-J
>>52148639
>Shut it down
They just fucking love the "Bitter" meme, don't they? I want their leader to be Head-Hunter Garensis. HHG
>>
File: Sj1f9hs.jpg (234KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Sj1f9hs.jpg
234KB, 768x1024px
Is it tradition that each legion gets at least 1 special character with no model? Debating whether to wait patiently for years for Amon or I should just try to convert my own.
>>
>>52149300
Convert your own, 40k Ahriman is wearing his helmet anyway, isn't he?
>>
File: image.jpg (237KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
237KB, 768x1024px
>>52149300
Honestly I'd just use 40k Rubric sorcerer bits. FW characters are so overpriced anyway it'd only be like 10 bucks difference, even if they did make the character. Plus you get 9 more bodies to mix and match through your 30k TS. There's shaved heads in both BaC and BoP that'd work.
>>
>>52149524
I already used that sorcerer for my standard bearer

Besides, I need a head with a bitchin' beard if I'm gonna convert
>>
>>52149119
>that loadout sucked

It's good against stuff that doesn't hit back; heavy Support, vehicles, stuff that can't hit back; after all, 12-15 S7 Rending Attacks is pretty damn scary. Just avoid dedicated melee squads and they'll do pretty good damage.

>plus you get that kickass play where your Thallax go untouched up the side and take out half the enemy artillery
>>
File: image.jpg (140KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
140KB, 768x1024px
>>52149572
There's one in the sternguard set. You could probably find it on eBay or where ever for a couple bucks.
>>
>>52149668
They look like Titus and Sidonius
>>
Do I need to put Ferrus Manus in a transport or is he fine walking with my vindicators? Was thinking of giving him 3 tartaros terminators with a reaper autocannon as a command squad.
>>
>>52149686
thats the point
>>
Remember to do this before posting
>copy !!bpdj20xIPie
>settings
>Filters & Post Hiding
>Filter and highlight specific threads and posts
>edit
>past !!bpdj20xIPie into pattern
>type: tripcode
>save
>save settings
>>
File: Page218.jpg (3MB, 2675x3635px) Image search: [Google]
Page218.jpg
3MB, 2675x3635px
>>52149300
Someday, the curse of inferior pics will be dead and gone.
>>
File: IMG_0657.jpg (33KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0657.jpg
33KB, 400x400px
I'm looking for a squeezing/strangling hand bits for a conversion. Something look like a Lego hand... so I can make him hold a Guardman's neck or something on high. Any suggestion on where I might be able to find one?
>>
>>52146127
Sounds good, no one's going to take issue with a Defenders of Terra army. Best way to explain it is to have the Scars somehow get through the Ruinstorm into Imperium Secundus, and hitch a ride home with the Blood Angels.
>>
File: gallery_42599_12875_1194971.jpg (98KB, 900x1200px) Image search: [Google]
gallery_42599_12875_1194971.jpg
98KB, 900x1200px
>>52149300
Make your own, it could be a loong wait.
>>
>>52147782
I vote for Iron Hands. Maybe they don't infiltrate, but run Head of the Gorgon for outflanking Breachers in Land Raiders. And the Raven Guard do not have any official schemes that aren't black+white or dark gray+black.
>>
>>52150241
Needs more Ben Kingsley.
>>
>>52150248
The greenstuff beard does the job imo.
>>
>>52150072
use lego hands you fuckbutt
>>
>>52144224
They're from Micro Art I think. I'm trying to locate the bits but it seems they've either changed names or discontinued some of their bits.
>>
>>52149442

40k Ahriman wears Amon's entire suit of armor. I wonder if Amon's soul still resides in his armor even after his 'death', in which case Ahriman is basically wearing a ticking time bomb.

I wouldn't use the current 40k model though, since it looks pretty over the top.
>>
>>52150397
Entire suit? I thought he only took the helmet?
>>
>>52150527

I didn't read the actual book, so maybe the wiki is lying.
>>
>>52147782
I'm partial to Iron Hands due to Medusan Immortals in Company of Bitter Iron.
Or steal any of the special Breachers with AL.
>>
>>52150527
>>52150536
He psychically dismantled the entire suit from Amon and reformed it on himself during their final standoff.
I've read it, don't remember it all clearly, but I do that part.
>>
Pick the one you like most to help me make my decision for Fast Attack slots:

Option A: 2 x 3 Attack Bikes w/ Autocannons
Option B: 1 x 3 Attack Bikes w/ Autocannons + 1 x 3 Land Speeders w/ multi-melta + grav (anti-tank) / volkite culverin + HB (anti-horde)
Option C: 2 x 3 Land Speeders w/ multi-melta + grav / volkite culverin + HB

Inb4

>go to hell plastic user
>>
>>52148168
>you can take 1-3 of anything listed in IA that isn't re-printed in an HH book as long as it has 3hp or less
I don't see that in the Crusade Imperialis Army List book.
>>
>>52150828
Bee
>>
Noob question so bear with me.
Is there any significant overlap between Adeptus Mechanicus and 30k Mechanicum, miniatureswise?
I've only played with marines in 30k and I've no plans to go back to 40k but the chance to acquire Adeptus Mechanicus minis on the cheap roused my interest.
>>
File: 1470979270218.gif (237KB, 276x268px) Image search: [Google]
1470979270218.gif
237KB, 276x268px
>Ordering bitz for kit bash
>Find all the bits I need, except for the head
>Finds the head
>Sold out
Life is suffering.
>>
>>52151012
I may have the bit, what is it?
>>
>>52151012
>forget to search for specific sergeant head and weapons bits from new FW release
>couple days later, all sold out due to popularity, rest of kit's bits remain unsold
>sellers never restock bits again since the non-sergeant parts never sell
>>
>>52151010
Not really you could use the dominus and the basic skittles with a fw upgrade kit maybe kastellans as castellax but they're not the same in the fluff
>>
>>52151010
In terms of models? No, no model overlap at all right now. Skitarii may eventually appear in 30k, but right now the closest thing is Secutarii (which are also in 40k - basically Skitarii + FW bits).

A very few people use Castellax as Kastellan robots or vice-versa, I guess. Fluffwise, they sound like they're related. Still wouldn't cover much of a Cybernetica army.
>>
>>52151050
The difference is castellax are independently capable of following orders and have a primitive mind of its own while a kastellan cannot function Without direct supervision of a data Smith both of them are conqurer class battle automata though or whatever the old 2 nd robots were called
>>
>>52151037
>>52151050
Cheers lads.
>>
how do i get models from chinaman?
>>
>>52151154
By googling yoyhammer
>>
>>52151154
Go to yoyhammer on reddit, read the sticky, use the search bar to find his old email, find his most up to date catalog, using the template given to send an email send one with a small purchase around $50
He won't respond quickly, it can be anywhere from two days to a couple of weeks, but check both regular and spam folders from your email provider. He probably won't respond to you with the email you mailed to.
>>
Does anyone have some enjoyable Alpha Legion battlereports? I've been trying to watch the miniwargaming ones, but their Alpha Legion player is so shit.
>>
>>52148688

>Another custodes list with their warlord using Preasidium Shield + Cyber familiar combo
>yawn
>>
>>52151549

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-0TaI0PB6g&list=PLzrPO7KIAtwXt-ihH3W2kpG6j53pV2YMr

you're in luck there's about 30 alpha legion reports, good quality and the player isn't a sperg.
>>
>>52151575
Out of curiousity, what Custodes warlord would be acceptable to people? Valdor?

Or is Custodes faction ifself kind of cheese?
>>
>>52151634
Anyone calling custodes a 'cheese' army at this point are fucking idiots, there aren't even lists yet. It's no more cheesy than your average praetor build, and characters in custodes forces are much more important.
>>
I love how you faggots cry so hard about Custodes but defend AdMech bullshit.
>>
>>52151656
pray tell anon, what admech bullshit do you refer to
>>
>>52151634
Valdor's fine, normal captains not packing 3++ re-rollable saves and Eternal Warrior bullshit are fine, anything SoS is more than fine. Just that build, because requiring 36 wounds to kill with literally anything not Destroyer strength is insane for less than 300 points He needs an average of 6 D shots to kill, too.

>>52151654
>>52151656

One, our bullshit isn't 23++ rerollable Eternal Warrior, and is both more expensive and dies to one Paragon Blade swing. Two, your characters don't do anything for your army unless they're Valdor, and he's just regular 4++, so they're not as critical as a 350pt Archmagos who keeps the entire army from going nuts and losing all control. How are they more important? Legions get at best a 3++ occasionally.
>>
>>52151656
Because mech bullshit isn't as bad as custodes bullshit and older and more discussed to death - not to mention more limited in application
>>
>>52151575
I know the Shield/Familiar combo is afwully pedestrian, but it's hard to argue that it's an efficient loadout since it improves the change of an invulnerable save by 38% for just 30 points.

I'm open to alternatives wargear selections for the Shield Captain? I'm not actually all that keen on the Shield and Paragon Spear combo aesthetically but again, it's just a particularly point efficient loadout.
>>
How much $ would be required to make ok-tier AdMech Army? Those guys are pretty much 100% FW IIRC.
>>
>>52151718
Custodes units don't get champions, they don't have many ways to deal with ap2 and lower and they don't have many wounds.
>>
>>52151759
how many kidneys you got?
it's gonna be more than you can afford
>>
>>52151759
Depends on point cost minimum is 2 thallax and a 3rd party tech priest
>>
>>52151718
>our
>oh look it's actually one of these mechfag faglords
>your
>implying I play Custodes

Holy shit can you be any more of a faggot.
>>
>>52151768
>>52151759
Would 1 Kidney and 1/2 a river enough for 2000~2500pts AdMecharmy?
>>
>>52151656
>>52151759
>>52151794
What the fuck is an "AdMech"? There's no organisation by that name in 30k.
>>
>>52151794
2 thallax 1 third party tech priest 9 sturmtigers and a pair of stukas welcome to ordo reductor
>>
>>52151824
Sorry. I was too lazy to type Mechanicum or Taghmata... or something I'm not sure about spelling.
>>
What is the difference between Reductors, Cybernetica, and Taghmata? IIRC Cybernetica is robot-focused list, but I'm not sure.
>>
>>52151837
I was just messing with you man, it definitely is quicker to type out, and just "mech" can makes people think of armoured breakthrough or something.
>>
>>52151575
What does the cyber familiar do?
>>
>>52151856
Thagmata is unspecified - reductor and cybernetica is like rows Thagmata can take that specialise them towards beep boops or wannabe iron warriors
>>
>>52151896
-1 (Or +1? depending on the reader I guess) to invul save, so 4++ to 3++
>>
File: image.jpg (755KB, 1850x1843px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
755KB, 1850x1843px
sisters WIP. i feel like buying another squad and experimenting with paint schemes.

What in your opinion is a paint scheme that screams soulless horror. Black and purple? Black on black?
>>
>>52151906
>wannabe IW
nigga, reductor siege harder than IW ever could
>>
File: the real traitor.png (107KB, 1233x404px) Image search: [Google]
the real traitor.png
107KB, 1233x404px
So guys, have you ever wondered the reasons Inferno has badly written rules? I found one of the responsible

https://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/30/720347.page#9246272
>>
>>52151824
Nice autism.
>>
>>52152175
>one of the best designed primarch models was the only one done in CAD3D
Huh.
>>
Does someone have a pdf for Magnus the Red: Master of Prospero?
>>
>>52152230
Scanon made one. It should be floating around somewhere.
>>
>>52152244
I found it.
>>
>>52149300
Use Ahriman's old model. He literally stole the armour from Amon anyway so just paint it up pre-heresy and you good.
>>
>>52151931
Bare metal and black, with desaturated red or green
>>
>>52152175

She's not talking about Inferno, she's talking about the BoP box. Cruddace made the rules for the boxed game, that's all. I'm afraid FW are responsible for all the mistakes, power creep, and general mess in Inferno.
>>
>>52152485
Oh God, you may be right. Anyway, I shudder for every thought of Cruddace cruding any TS stuff
>>
>>52152510
>tau out-adapt the tyranids
>space wolves end up out-psykering the thousand sons
>>
>>52152204
>>52152175
>the guy who did Angron wants to do Sanguinius
Personally, Angron is my favorite Primarch model.

Both because of the way he looks, as well as the 'action' happening on the display base, it makes it look like the most alive and animated of all the Primarch models.

That said Perturbo is probably my 2nd favorite

I just hope Slavdor's and the Emperor's models are half as nice, since I might get them.
>>
File: 1486250742210.jpg (101KB, 466x350px) Image search: [Google]
1486250742210.jpg
101KB, 466x350px
>>52152827
>Slavdor's
Is there a reason he looks like that? We already know he looks like your regular marine, like an older Leandros.
>>
Hey HHG i was thinking of making my own rules for a space marine legion (the 2nd to be precise) and i was wondering if there was any sort of template out there i could use to help ensure that the rules i create are balanced and not just a load of fan wank.

I have already worked out their Special Equipment (being hardened armour for 1 ppm, defensive grenades for 20 points per squad and teleport homers for terminators)

any help for a guy trying to forge his own narrative?
>>
>>52152859
New fluff in inferno has them as functionally immortal once they reach maturity (unlike marines they literally don't age at all), but Ixion Hale is old as fuck, while Valdor looks 24. So who knows what's going on.
>>
>>52152923
maybe he dyes his beard? or maybe the stress of the job has caused him to go grey?
>>
>>52152923
~Biomancy~ is the answer.
>>
>>52152890
I know it's a bit tedious, but really just reading the other 18 legions' rules, and looking at how they all have both advantages and disadvantages, is your best bet. I guess remembering the disadvantage(s) in their rules are the main thing - most people doing fanwank forget them, but actually you can add a lot of fluff to your force by what they're not so good at doing.

>hardened armour for 1 ppm, defensive grenades for 20 points per squad and teleport homers for terminators
Voidwar specialists?
>>
>>52152890
Nothing really, no one really cares for home brew legions really, a couple of guys have tried but it never gets traction.

Usually they are hell to balance and are copies of existing legions already.

>hey guys, rate my home brew legion, they are like the Sons of Horus except less aggressive and more focus on organisation and logistics
Congratulations you made ultramarines
>>
>>52152890
Just play Blackshields
>>
>>52152958
I wanted to meme about space marine space marines or thousand hundred sons... But those do exist in 40k after all.
I don't like 40k being a meme, I can't :^) without guilt anymore
>>
>>52152954
basically after censure by the wolves for their experimentation with forbidden biotech, they were struck from all imperial records and sent beyond the edge of the known galaxy to fight and die against the Lovecraftian horrors of the great beyond, however they grew to thrive in the void and became merciless monster hunters and Void Combatants. A task for which they would never be remembered.
>>
>>52152943
Actually, it probably is. Since the Custodes are made individually in a process that is probably tweaked to suit the specifics of the person being uplifted.

>>52152859
Also black and white drawings (as well as shaven heads) can make it make it harder to fix the age of a character.
>>
File: image.jpg (127KB, 736x811px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
127KB, 736x811px
So am I right in thinking that you can't take a Knight as a LoW for the Legions? I swear in the experimental rules they were listed, but having trouble locating anything now.
>>
>>52152859
Custodes are supposed to look odd compared to humans due to their immortality. Like a completely mature face with nary a wrinkle. The effect is the face of someone who is certainly mature but also baby-faced but not at the same time. I think they did a good job, just wish they kept him sporting a short mohawk.
>>
>>52153032
>monster hunters
>void combatants
It may be that one of the dark angel -wings that doesn't have rules yet will do exactly that. It would be a surprise if the DA don't have a wing dedicated to void war, especially given they've got all those star forts knocking about, and they have a bit of a monster hunting theme from Caliban.. So, if you don't mind counts-as-ing another legion's rules, it may be that Angelus will provide exactly what you're looking for. Or at least a very strong framework to work off.
>>
>>52153103
Completely wrong, read the new book, theres express permission to take them
>>
>>52153103
That airbrushing triggers me. Could they not even use some masking tape to get clean edges on the carapace?
>>
>>52153114
Glad to hear!
>>
>>52153111
I thought the storm wing was that wing. The fortress breachers and void combat specialists.
>>
>>52153111
i would, but the DA rules suck...
>>
>>52153103
You can, except the Atrapos and Porphyrion, IIRC
>>
File: disgusting-poorfag.jpg (2MB, 1280x2244px) Image search: [Google]
disgusting-poorfag.jpg
2MB, 1280x2244px
>>
>>52153172
Back-topknots always look bizarre to me
>>
>>52153143
>not playing Dangels because they suck
It's like you're not an autistic homosexual forest dweller
>>
>>52153204
how dare you accuse me of shitting in the woods?
>>
File: FWComingSoonMoritatPlasmaContent.jpg (266KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
FWComingSoonMoritatPlasmaContent.jpg
266KB, 1000x1000px
https://www.warhammer-community.com/2017/03/13/pistols-at-dawn/
>The much anticipated Moritat consuls from Forge World are almost ready for release. We have seen these two before, but not in huge detail, so here are a few alternate shots of the kit.
>For you Iron Warriors fans out there, the Siege Terminators are about as lethal and durable a package as infantry get. Deadly both at range or in a fight, the models themselves perfectly typify the uncompromising and brutally efficient nature of Perturabo’s Legion.
>Both these new kits will be on the way soon.
>>
>>52153221
>>
File: darth boombox.jpg (320KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
darth boombox.jpg
320KB, 1000x1000px
>>52153232
>>
>>52153172
and after going to all that effort you couldn't drill out the barrels of the storm bolter symmetrically. that's a great pity.
>>
>>52153232
>>52153221
It's a shame that Moritats suck so hard. Remove chain fire overheat and you have a good unit.
>>
>>52153232
Oh look, a vigilator model since moritats suck
>>52153241
Okay, that looks fucking great, someone add it to perty's smiley list
>>
>>52153241
Sweet sassy molassy. That's sharp looking.
>>
>>52152827
Who the fuck is slavdor
>>
>>52153463
Constantin Valdor
>>
>>52153463
Constantin Dalí
>>
>>52153463
Constantin Ironfoundersson
>>
>>52153463
Constantin "bussy" Valdor
>>
>>52153501
>>52153508
>>52153517
>>52153563
I'm sorry I asked
>>
>>52153143
For now...
>>
>>52153244
At least you don't have to live with the shame...
>>
>>52153463
Constantinople designation 1488
>>
>>52153610
I don't think the Dark Angels rules will change that much if at all. They seem to have focused on the Rites of War to make them a competitive force rather than rules, while both existing ones have heavy restrictions they add a lot to the army Ironwing basically turns them into aggressive Iron Hands and Ravenwing makes them White Scars with rad grenades.
>>
File: 20170313_165826.jpg (527KB, 1306x980px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_165826.jpg
527KB, 1306x980px
oh my
>>
>Sisters are €35 on their own
>Custodes €45 on their own
>Talon box is €125
Poor sisters. That's an especially horrible bit of pricing.

Oh, source is atia, so probably solid info.
>>
>>52153772
Whats this then eh?
>>
>>52153682
And stasis weapons for the all important pre-assault debuffs. Dangels can be really nasty in assault when pulled off properly.
>>
File: DG28.jpg (487KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
DG28.jpg
487KB, 980x1306px
>>52153907
It's a command squad. Or two thirds of one. Here's the final piece of the puzzle
>>
>>52149781
>>52150241
>>52150248
>>52150259
http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Nu_xTC5Gc2U
>>
>>52153963
Oh, very nice
>>
>>52152175
>Dorn's powerfists
Dorn will have multiple powerfists? Okay.
>>
>>52153241

Oh look, the SW Rebels Darth Vader helmet

What the fuck.

Regular cataphractii helmets are already very very Iron Warrior-like
>>
>>52153682
I agree, what I mean is that they'll likely get much better as a force with the application of new RoWs, a primarch and some unique units.
>>
>>52153950
Aye, Legion rules are situational +1 to hit, stasis round get you -1 WS and I and Ravenwing gives you access to -1 T and re-roll to wound against T5 plus.

Then Ironwing gives you 3+ wounding sniper vets.

>>52154168
I'm looking forward tot he Lion, wonder what he will do. Will he be a pure combat monster like Angron and Russ or will he be more rounded like Guilliman and Horus.

I honestly wouldn't mind no unique units if we got the other 4 Wings as Rites to the standard of the current two.
>>
>>52154168
>>52154212
It would be nice to get some fancy jetbikes like Sammael has in 40k. Im also hoping we get rules for Corswain since he is apparently in the same conversation as Kharn and Siggy
>>
>>52154269
All of this. I feel like the knight aspect of Dangels could do with a buff. Ravenwing is fun, but basic sword and board specialists fit that theme nicely. Maybe a unit that matches the WS of whatever they're facing, to play into the Legion's tactics.
>>
>>52154476
A unit with that rule might be a bit much, but for Corswain that could be cool.
>>
>>52154476
I like that idea. Also we are basically guaranteed to get a Legion specific terminator unit right? I'd love to see some bitching 30k deathwing
>>
>>52154512
Gotta be some robed, melee cataphractii in the pipe for sure. Personally I love the shield wall rule that the Deathwing Knights have in 40k, would not be against something similar.
>>
>>52152890
Hektor Heresy has homebrew legions.
>>
File: smug dorn.jpg (214KB, 764x665px) Image search: [Google]
smug dorn.jpg
214KB, 764x665px
>>52149300
>Is it tradition that each legion gets at least 1 special character with no model?
WHERE'S MY FUCKING ARCHAMUS REEEEEEE

It's alright when a literally-who character who's basically a legion-specific buffed HQ choice goes without a model (eg: Erasmus Golg aka Calth Praetor), but when a unique, fluff-important character such as Maloghurst goes without a model, it's more irritating.
Thousand Sons aren't even done with their first-wave release yet, so have faith, Thousand Son.
>>
>>52155245
Am I the only person that really likes modeless units? Back before the Hellpit Abom dropped for fantasy there were tons of gorgeous conversions for the thing, now it's just the same monopose mess. Character conversions for 30k are even easier as its just ammounts to a bit of kit bashing.
>>
>>52154512
DA are getting 6 OP rites of war instead of special units.
Other than grav-raiders.
>>
>>52155245
>implying Maloghurst doesn't have a model in the SoH command box.
>>
>>52155310
Plz no, I want to be able to field my op stuff in the same army.
>>
File: Wolfguard_heresyera2.jpg (222KB, 799x722px) Image search: [Google]
Wolfguard_heresyera2.jpg
222KB, 799x722px
>>52153199
But it was the style at the time. One more thing that FW got wrong.
>>
>>52155299
Yeah, I dig it too. It's why a lot of my Reductor will be converted, since there's no Magos Prime or Archmagos Prime model, or in fact one for anything that isn't a special character or a Dominus. I'm both anticipating and dreading what they come up with for Scoria, since I want to make my own but at the same time want to see what they come up with. At the moment he's the Archmagos Dominus model torso with his Abeyant built into a cyberized Arachnarok Spider.
>>
>>52155359
Art dosent always translate well to models
>>
File: 1484582014288.png (139KB, 424x470px) Image search: [Google]
1484582014288.png
139KB, 424x470px
>>52155310
>mfw each wing has to be fielded separately despite them working in tandem in the fluff
>>
>>52155416
I say that with every HH release.
>>
File: Ultramarines_vs_Chaos.jpg (68KB, 1024x932px) Image search: [Google]
Ultramarines_vs_Chaos.jpg
68KB, 1024x932px
>>52155359
That style of cataphractii is best. Prove me wrong.
>>
>>52155441
Nothing's stopping you taking Termies in a Ironwing RoW army and calling them Deathwing.
>>
>>52155359
They are way more on the head than the back though. The positioning is much further up the armour.
>>
>>52155473
Even the ultramarine in that pic is trying to cut the topknot off with his power sword, to save the terminator the embarrassment. When your enemies are so aghast at your fashion disasters that they try to help, you know you've done something wrong.
>>
>>52155490
Only way to get the plume to be on top of the Marine's head on the indomitus would be to mount it on the ring that surrounds the head. And that doesn't look very good. I don't think even cataphractii can mount it very well on top of the head.
>>
>>52155545
Got a good laugh out of me.
>>
>>52155299
>Am I the only person that really likes modeless units?
I'd like it if when deciding which units to not make models for they could think about what would be conducive to converting and what people would want to convert creatively. If it's a unique or memorable character from the fluff or artwork, then dammit you should give it a model.
It's okay in my eyes for FW not to make a model for a minor to medium-importance fluff character if the appearance was never really distinguished in the fluff and they leave it open to interpretation, or describe it as being some non-unique setup that can be left open to interpretation. When they came out with their take on the Tyrant Siege Terminators, it feels like they would have been more impressive and memorable back when the unit was fresh and people's visualisation of them hadn't settled and consensus(es) not formed. It'd be a bit like how people who read books that got turned into movies now can't remember how they pictured the setting and characters before they saw they movies, but since FW were so late in releasing the models, it's more like when you like a book enough to research an author's opinions or personal life and your esteem for the work is lessened by them inevitably falling short of the sense you got from the media they created.
>>
>>52155611
I don't disagree on any particular point, but it just doesn't really bother me. I like variety in my games, conversions are the spice of life!
>>
Is it possible to get any real synergy from heavy support choices when you're using Legion Recon Company?
>>
>>52155749
Nonce phones on recon squads can make anything with barrage more accurate.
>>
>>52155749

Yes, anything in a drop pod.
>>
File: 20170313_193559.jpg (473KB, 980x1306px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_193559.jpg
473KB, 980x1306px
Built the standard bearer and a heavy weapons guy. Some cleanup needed still.
>>
>>52155725
I agree, I just think it's a bit counterintuitive to say the least to set up a character as truly unique, rather than just a template for "your dudes", then not make a model for him.
>>
File: 20170313_104733.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_104733.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>52155867
Very nicely done, I love the aggressive look of the standard bearer
"Say that to my face and I'll show you where this pole goes"

This is what's on my desk right now. Beginning my Grey slayers huscarls for the shield squads.
I've always like the IH modified MkIII
>>
>>52156041
Comments on a 400k image, uploads a 4.26mb image of WIP!!
Dude some of us on mobile data, cut your file size!! Not looking at it
>>
>>52155299
Far as FW is concerned models are pretty much always superior. Most 30k players I know would never buy the primarchs, I've seen some great converted Horus, Angron and Mortarion models.
>>
Is there any non Black Library source about Omegon?
>>
>>52156077
Is there an easy way to cut filesize on a phone? I do all my resizing on my desktop computer, even if it's a phone photo. Without the full-sized computer I don't know what to do.
>>
>>52155799
Is it a viable tactic to bring in Medusas and Basilisks from reserve and snipe whatever the scouts are looking at? If I'm reading the rules correctly though, rapiers can be taken on the field at the start, so is there any compelling reason to take the heavy artillery over anti-armour stuff that could be taken in the heavy support slot?

The Damocles Rhino seems like a godsend for the Recon Company.
>>
>>52156108
Yeah set your camera settings to a lower image size, we don't need 1080p for WIP
>>
>>52156077
Do not reply to tripfags.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
New blood angel WIP for my diorama.
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 2592x1936px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 2592x1936px
>>52156194
And the rest.
>>
File: 20170313_110156.jpg (736KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_110156.jpg
736KB, 2048x1152px
>>52156077
Sorry about that, sometimes I forget.
Here's a smaller one.
>>
>>52153241
Isnt that the one good looking one whereas the rest look much more like standard cataphracti with a different helmet? I remember being much more dissapointed by the whole squad shot. That dude looks pretty tight tho.
>>
>>52156193
What's a tripfag?
>>
>>52156227
Much better cheers
>>
>>52156213
How'd you do that Fist's yellow?
>>
>>52156254
White primer, Averland sunset in 2 thinned layers.

Then I drybrushed 50/50 Averland sunset, ushabti bone across the chest, top of head, fist etc.

The wash was Agrax in places, and flesh shade In others where I wanted a lighter brown.
>>
>>52146900
Can someone post that alternative ruleset one of the podcasts came up with ? The one that was designed to be played without tanks etc and was around 1700 points (less than Zone Mortalis but high than Age of Darkness) .
>>
>>52156446
centurion?
>>
File: 1489012343518.pdf (307KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
1489012343518.pdf
307KB, 1x1px
>>52156446
here you go
>>
>>52156298
Thanks, and keep up the work on the diorama
>>
File: DSCF1611.jpg (119KB, 604x640px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF1611.jpg
119KB, 604x640px
>>52156446
Centurion. Bit controversial, but if you want to make changes just make a new ruleset and give it a catchy name. There's room for a variety of these.

(Oops, got beaten to it. Have a Leviathan al Fresco instead.
>>
File: 20170313_193725.jpg (330KB, 857x1143px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_193725.jpg
330KB, 857x1143px
>>52156041
Thanks, I've wanted to make a model like this for a long time.
>>
>>52156213
I've never realised how ridiculously thin mk 2 legs are. I know mk3s supposed to be a chunky armoured version of mk 2 thus bigger. But then why are 4 and 6 bigger also. Mk 2 is for DYEL marines.
>>
>>52156499
Thanks, genuine anon niceness is much more appreciated that an insecure tripfag scrambling to shore up their ego by 'being helpful'.
>>
File: 20170313_115024.jpg (573KB, 2048x1152px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_115024.jpg
573KB, 2048x1152px
>>52156516
In honor of anons new favorite model, what is your favorite converted model /hhg/?

Here's mine, my Dane Axe artscale marine. The axe from head to toe is taller than a standard marine, and my artscale sized marines, sticking true to the real life Dane Axe as it was often over six feet tall.

>>52156800
Dubs confirm MkII legs for manlet marines.
>>
File: 1488582176809.jpg (7KB, 139x135px) Image search: [Google]
1488582176809.jpg
7KB, 139x135px
What's the best strategy for picking Magnus's powers?
I've been contemplating whether taking the first dip into sanctic demonology was worth it. Barring the primaris, all have uses and rest of the selection can be made after the fact accordingly.

Or is straight biomancy just simply the best thing to take?
>>
Zebra or cheetah?
>>
>>52157226
Biomancy is the most honorrabu thing to do, people expect Primarchs to be beatsticks and like to get them into duels with each other. It's also gonna be fun.

However, what he's designed to do is to attempt to shore up weak areas in the rest of your army, or to deal with your enemy Lord of War or danger unit. You can try and tailor him to the game you think you'll be playing. It also depends on what your other psykers will be fishing for.
>>
>>52157227
Prey or hunter?
>>
>>52157226
>sanctic
Fuck that, go full maelific, summon ALL THE DAEMONS. Do remember to claim you're roleplaying and Magnus didn't actually mean to do that.
>>
>>52157353
Get outta here Erebus.
Maelfic demonology will never catch on.
>>
>>52157001
Probably this guy (and his twin sergeant). No doubt the helmet with mkIII is triggering but achean pattern seems mkIV exclusive.
>>
File: IMG_20170313_191528391.jpg (1MB, 2592x1944px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170313_191528391.jpg
1MB, 2592x1944px
>>52157443
forgot pick.
>>
File: Page17.jpg (2MB, 2641x3648px) Image search: [Google]
Page17.jpg
2MB, 2641x3648px
>>52157443
>but achean pattern seems mkIV exclusive
>>
File: images (8).jpg (13KB, 384x384px) Image search: [Google]
images (8).jpg
13KB, 384x384px
>>52154081
>Dorn will have multiple powerfists? Okay.
And they're all detachable, I heard.
>>
>>52157470
Great use of the thunder hammer hand, its a good conversion.
>>
>>52157556
CARLOS YOU BASTARD, WHY WOULD YOU MOCK OUR PRIMARCH'S PAIN?
>>
>>52152827
I like Angron for same reason, plus he does not have some extreme display base like some others, Eidelon or Mortarion. it is simple and best.
>>
>>52156158
Thank yooo
>>
>>52157620
Because he's too busy to pose and his base gives testimony of his bloody work. Mortarion is at least wielding a scythe properly, but it's not as dynamic as him.
I don't know why I'm giving my opinion on the Venezuelan food-begging board, it doesn't matter
>>
Can any1 post link with The Horus Heresy: Model Masterclass Volume One? Thx
>>
>>52157589
A vocal IF, that's a rarity
>>
>>52157720
I can't stand mortarion lacking a gas mask and I find his upper body really wimpy compared to his legs.

I don't really get the "toughest son of a bitch to kill" vibe from him.
>>
File: PURGING WITH MY KIIIIIIIN.webm (2MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
PURGING WITH MY KIIIIIIIN.webm
2MB, 800x450px
>>52157748
>implying implications
>>
Do you guys use heavy weapon squads? What do you give them?

As IH I've just been planning to use tanks for my guns but I'm curious to see if they're relevant.
>>
>>52157919
Five plain, Rhino transport w/Heavy flamer to run up and destroy the 'Nids I normally play against.
145 points to take care of his massed infantry.
>>
>>52157976
Woops, meant five with heavy flamers.
>>
>never had any love for emperor's children
>always kind of thought they were jackasses
>no interest in playing them
>read Path Of Heaven
>really like the palatine blade character
>like his honour in a legion of degenerates, pretty cool guy
>start contemplating loyalist EC army based around palatine blade core, with no corrupt sonic bullshit whatsoever
God dammit Chris Wraight. Why must you do this.
>>
>>52155867
Which kit is that standard from? Been looking for one to do my shadow wardens
>>
>>52156516
>>52158132

I was about to ask the same thing, I want a big banner for my Praetorian Servitor Admech Custodes counts-as in 40k, and that looks shiny with a couple big transfers.
>>
>>52158024
He'll make you like things against your will
>>
>>52158132
>>52158157
MKIII command set
>>
>>52158024
Cool character for sure.
>>
File: phosphex-in-the-morning.jpg (131KB, 380x491px) Image search: [Google]
phosphex-in-the-morning.jpg
131KB, 380x491px
What does phosphex smell like?
>>
>>52158172
Huh. I had been avoiding that one since it looked like there was a big fat wrinkle in the banner, but now that I've seen the front angle I think that's what I'll end up using. Cheers
>>
>>52158323
Pain.
>>
>>52158323
Like a bag of sand.
>>
Centurion rules, created by utter morons who don't even have a basic grasp of the rules or what edition they're even playing in.
What an utter cluster fuck
>>
>>52158536
Also that seem to have no comprehension that others may like other army compositions. They may love spamming dreds, but not that's not what presses everyone's buttons.
>>
>>52158504
Pair of keks
>>
File: HQ Icon.png (45KB, 107x107px) Image search: [Google]
HQ Icon.png
45KB, 107x107px
What Magi/Consuls/Provenances do you run, anons? And how do you equip them if applicable? I do like the level of customization on your Big Dudes in this, but it's easy to overspend.

Personally I go for one WTFexpensive Archmagos with all the damn toys, he works out about 355 points, but buffs more than most Primarchs and can take anything without ID on fairly well. Then I take either the mandatory Magos Reductor with a Machinator or two barebones Domini with Machinators, depending on what variant I'm playing.
Probably going to make an Axiarch soon, with Power Fist and a Photon Gauntlet given that his wargear is cheap as fuck. Where''s a good Enginseer-sized power fist?

When I take MaC allies it's for some heug levy blobs, so Cult Horde/TF and the Force Commander just gets a Tainted Weapon for that occasional lucky ID Rend.
>>
>>52158536
>>52158723
I quite distinctly remember bikes being a 0-1 choice, which struck me as odd.
>>
>>52158723
Yep, they clearly picked arbitrary units and banned others. It makes zero sense, had no thought put it into.
They then come up with a cool sounding name (which isn't cool and is lazy and unimaginative).
I mean it doesn't even make ANY fucking sense from a fluff viewpoint, since tac squads don't leave home without a transport, even when garrisoning an objective etc.
>>
File: IMG-20170313-WA0014.jpg (944KB, 2560x1536px) Image search: [Google]
IMG-20170313-WA0014.jpg
944KB, 2560x1536px
Word Bearers chaplain wip. Thoughts on his face? I'm trying to give him that kor phaeron's corpse paint thing that is shown in macragge's honour.
>>
>>52158536
>>52158813
It's a direct response to Australia's very tank-heavy meta. Even the plastic boxes didn't change things, because they pay nearly twice as much as everyone else for GW stuff (but not FW because they don't have different prices around the world). So you don't see many infantry-heavy armies there and the smaller dreads suffer too because everyone's got a ton of anti-tank weapons.

If you aren't in a meta like theirs, there probably isn't much point to Centurion.
>>
>>52158843
I dream the dawn of the Darkness - the embrace!
Heavenly lights dance in the night
Blood on the altar smells sweet as it burns
I cried my love, - I sacrifice my joy!
Cast out as my father, - bounded in Hell!
Then come a sweet voice, with words of relief
A dark glowing woman had my tears received
She awakened me, - and I fell into the Abyss!
>>
>>52158843
Could use thinner paint and a couple more layers (a wash and a highlight - and don't forget the service studs), but the feel is right. In fact, the feel is right enough that if you do an extra wash and highlight I'd keep them subtle so you don't mess with a good thing.
>>
>>52158160
He's pretty much why I like the White Scars a lot, though I didn't need too much convincing to think mongol space marines were cool.
>>
>>52158763
Saboteurs, the only Consuls worth using.
>>
>>52157919
I like rocket launchers with an apothecary attached.
Frag rockets are annoying since 9-10 blasts are a pain, but versatility of the launchers is really nice.

Corvidae bonus to hit while stationary is also obviously useful for me as well.
>>
>>52158937
So how long until Wraight goes the way of Abnett and ADB?
>>
>>52158024
Do it. You know it is inevitable.
>>
Fluffwise where do the Secutarii sit best when not with titans? The rules say Reductor right?
>>
>>52151584
That dude runs the same fucking list every game. Gets old real fast.
>>
>>52158967
Well, he's writing about Leman Russ next...
>>
>>52159091
Scutarii are pretty much always with Titans, but you could just fluff it that said Titans are off screen, or you're rushing into the enemy to grab a fallen one.
>>52159094
I look forward to /hhg/ actually caring about Wolves.
>>
File: DSCF7323_zps24cd6573.jpg (177KB, 800x757px) Image search: [Google]
DSCF7323_zps24cd6573.jpg
177KB, 800x757px
So I am very much divided on what I want to do for an army. Currently it's between two legions and the Mechanicum, specifically Luna Wolves and Word Bearers Pre-heresy. I already play Admech+Skitarii in 40k, so my immediate reflex if Mechanicum, but I've come to be tempted by the legions, so if I might dress up a beginnners question with more words, which of these do you think would make the most interesting force:
Luna Wolves early/mid crusade force(Possibly the marines who took Luna itself.)
Word Bearers Pre Lorgar, with no daemons or chaos(Not expecting it to be competitive but sounds kinda cool)
Mechanicum as an early form of my 40k dudes' forge world.
>>
File: Enginseer1.jpg (101KB, 470x500px) Image search: [Google]
Enginseer1.jpg
101KB, 470x500px
>>52159091
They chill with the Centurio Ordinatus a fair bit too, and mine will be Baskillion Astra naval marines, but I suppose you'd get them with War Covenants too. Looking forward to getting my hands on some, actually.
Axiarch will be fun to convert and it looks like he packs a punch. 3 Power Fist attacks base and Assault 2 12" S5 Blind AP2 all with Preferred Enemy will really maul things.
Like this, but much better armed. Thinking about using a vambrace-mounted Dark Eldar blast pistol and the Skitarii pointing hand for the weapon.

"You There! FUCK YOU in particular!"
>>
>>52159092
Least he runs some interesting units like the saboteur and moritat, most batreps don't bother with that much.
>>
>>52159145
Imperial Herald/Luna Wolf shattered legion with mechanicum allies.
>>
>>52158763

Jump pack vigilators, forgelords, primus medicae and chaplains, pretty much in that order (of frequency of use, NOT of overall usefulness)
>>
>>52155245
John French created Archamus and he works at FW. It's a near certainty he'll get a model. Just like Sevatar.

If you want a model of your favourite character done, work at FW where you can press for it to be made.
>>
>>52159164
wrist mounted point-death gun sounds cool.
i'm trying for a fluffy list rather than just sticking in loads of secutarii.
any recommendations?
>>
Does anyone else hate the autistic, rambly, in-universe (but not in an amusing way) style of the Horus Heresy Forgeworld books?

Even worse is 40k wiki mimics it (yet another reason it's trash). At least lexicanum is straightforward
>>
>>52157911
>I am Imperial Fist no more, now I am privy to a greater truth
t. Magneric, High Marshall of the Kalkator crusade
So they dont count, has to be a real IF
>>
>>52159328
Let me guess, you prefer the BL books right?
>>
>>52159328
I get what you mean

>Forgeworld: The XXth Primarch, the Lord of Serpents and Last of the First, was observed in an account by the ancient Iterator Marcus Drak del-Torus as having sent an electrical signal from his brain to the rest of his master-crafted form, a form only the genius of The Master of Mankind could devise. After this signal was sent, it was said in the account that the XXth Primarch directed his body to the rightwards direction via a leaping motion. This account is heavily disputed among the most knowledged and scholarly within the Adeptus Terra and even the Divisio Investigate of the Astra Telepathica

>40k wiki: Copy-paste of the above

>Lexicanum: Then Alpharius jumped to the right (cites the above)
>>
>>52159328
I think you're the only one in this camp, anon.

In fact, I also think you might actually be the autistic one here.
>>
>>52159335
Sound like Beast Arises, is it, in fact, Beast Arises?
>>52159328
All history books sound like that.
>>
>>52159328
Do you hate history books? So you prefer the History Channel style of things?
>>
>>52159410
I read loads of history and am fine with mockumentaries, just not in my 40k unless it's done in an ironic way like Uplifting Primer. FW is burdened by in-universe with none of the charm.
>>
>>52159382
jej
>>
File: MechanicusTime.jpg (117KB, 520x773px) Image search: [Google]
MechanicusTime.jpg
117KB, 520x773px
>>52159302
In Reductor? Use the Hoplites and Peltasts as line troops and special ops respectively. Thing is, that's the exact opposite of how you want to fight, so use their "Downed Titan Retrieval" tactics. Two or three 20-man Peltast units as a big battleline or in Triaros if you have them, and one or two Hoplite units in a transport. Triaros and Macrocarid are both good, but Arvus is the undisputed champion of Dropliting. Drop in 10 of them, do 6.95 HP to any vehicle, look at the enemy scrambling to repel the 5++ Scoring troops who can BTFO any vehicle instantly and laugh as your Peltasts push up under a rolling artillery barrage obliterating anything expensive that say, crawled out of an electrocuted Spartan last turn along with Space Dad.

If you have a Warhound, Ordinatus or big plane like a Thunderhawk or Stormbird include it if possible, since they do like defending big shiny stuff. You can take the SM superheavy flyers as Suborbital Strike Wing LoWs, which is helpful.
>>
>>52159328
If you mean you dislike the way they have it written from the perspective of an archiver rather than just a narrative or timeline, I think that is just because the HH was pretty much wiped from the records in 40k so it's less facts and more what anyone remembers.
>>
>>52159426
How would you do 30k the same way as 40k though? They're very different feels. 40k is Grimdark, 30k is the origins of grimdark. How would you do 30k ironically? It's meant to be a greek tragedy, not the satire that 40k once was.
>>
File: tsoukalosaliens1.jpg (25KB, 484x484px) Image search: [Google]
tsoukalosaliens1.jpg
25KB, 484x484px
>>52159410
I'm not saying it was II and XI, but [REDACTED SECTION]
>>
>>52159328
Ehhh, I don't hate the books at all, but I do avoid 40kwiki because of it; I have all the books on epub, pdf or scanon format, so the wiki is essentially a search engine to read things I already have, and there's Find functions - or you know, indexes - for things my memory can't locate. It's basically a pointless site.

Mind you, I don't use lex much anymore for the same reason, but still prefer them out of both habit (they were first and decent while 40kwiki was absolute joke-tier trash) and format; they have their own structure that isn't a copy+paste of the sourcebooks and the ability to actually find a specifically cited source tied to a statement has been handy on more occasions than I can remember.
And while I don't have a problem with the sources style, I do also like reading different writing styles than just the soucebook reguritated.
>>
>>52159482
Copypasta Wiki is trash. All the articles are bloated and unwieldy.
>>
>>52159328
I'm an archival worker. This is how we actually talk. Everything needs to be padded out so we have more shit to archive, thereby increasing our wages. This scam has been going on for thousands of years.
>hurf durf I'll just save this post
Excuse me which of us has the library sciences degree? I'll have you know we aren't just taught how to save, but to destroy.
>>
>>52159515
Christ every year at uni the archive team comes out with 'you get ot handle papyrus!' and 'old photos lmao' trying to get people to pick up archiving for a masters or phd. Then they find out most papyrus is in demotic counting out cow turds and pots of grain because ancient peoples were too busy fucking to read books for entertainment.
>>
>>52159515
I have gained a new insight into the world.
>>
>>52159586
Ha. Fucking this. Half the reason the pre-printing press writers and books are lauded as literature is because they were practically the only people writing anything other than inventory and tax receipts.

>the only easily-gettable thing to read for hundreds of years were yer holy books or the local almanac.

fuuuuuck that
>>
>>52159145
Great Crusade-era legions are a little bland in terms of color, but running under Blackshield rules makes for a pretty interesting army. (It'd be hard to justify their legion rules if you're using Crusade-era dudes who've somehow popped up in the middle of the Heresy.)

Mechanicum does give you more fluff freedom. And of course you can use allies to do both.
>>
>>52159164
Basilikon... like basilica.
>>
>>52158323
I imagine sickly sweet marzipan notes the way a lot of lethal poisons are supposed to smell combined with an acrid chemical smell like chlorine
>>
File: Ark_Mechanicus.jpg (222KB, 910x519px) Image search: [Google]
Ark_Mechanicus.jpg
222KB, 910x519px
>>52159758

Yeah, they're the Mechanicum navy, and every ship is a cathedral to the Omnissiah. Actually reasonably pertinent pseudo-Latin for once.
>>
File: Cripias.jpg (961KB, 1610x2162px) Image search: [Google]
Cripias.jpg
961KB, 1610x2162px
>>52159515
For you, anon, yourself in 38,000 years.
>>
STOP USING IMMORTALS AS THE BASE FOR CONVERSIONS IF YOU DONT PLAY IRON HANDS
REEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
>>52159328
40k wiki is even worse.
They add shittones of unnecessary text to make the article longer.
>>
>>52159893
If it helps I got the bodies in a trade?
>>
>>52159940
certainly not, homo inferior
>>
File: forsale4.jpg (52KB, 405x720px) Image search: [Google]
forsale4.jpg
52KB, 405x720px
>>52159982
I have a small amount of IH bits if you want them, I won't be using them
>>
>>52156194
Goodness anon, I'm sorry but your paints seems super thick on that BA.
>>
Is there any fluff about Omegon outside Black Library books?
>>
>>52160053
price/shipping to Baltimore? if it's decent I might bite, friend plays iron hands and his birthday is coming up.
>>
>>52160053
Dude please leave this community, and if you're on the discord leave there as well, we at 4chan hope for posts to be of good quality, however all of yours have been found wanting. As well as sub-sistence posts you have also aggravated many an anon, and us such moved threads away from the discussion and creation of original content, to instead what type you should suffer. So Tl;Dr kys furfag
>>
>>52159887
What's this golden race/stone race stuff?
>>
>>52160296
It's not that we missed your question, we just can't think of any but aren't confident enough to say "no".

Anyway... no.
>>
>>52160370
>men of iron
semi good AI robots
>men of gold
master crafter robots with super computer AI who transcended into the void with logic
>men of stone
the robots and AI we have in the (((current year)))
>>
>>52160311
Do not reply to tripfags
>>
File: Three bunnehs.gif (2MB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
Three bunnehs.gif
2MB, 360x360px
>>52160476
It's amazing how people can get this simple rule so wrong.
>>
>>52160408
I mean I know the men of iron are big in the fluff but I've never heard of the gold and stone ones before. And the men of stone sound way more fucking influential than the current shitty 40k robots and AIs.
>>
>>52158323
Napalm in the morning
>>
How should I base my iron hands?

I've mainly just done basing for fantasy games. Deserts and grasslands and shit. The only 40k basing I've done is snow bases for my guard regiment.

I don't really know what a 30k iron hands base should look like. Rubble and concrete?
>>
>>52160476
>>52160509
Stop posting contentless posts, you idiots. We don't care about your irrelevant pet peeves.

Anyway, the chapter in Inferno about the Space Wolves mentions that the Xth and XVth legions took after the cultures they largely recruited from. We know that for the XVth that meant the Achaemenid Empire, but did the Iron Hands have a specific Terran culture associated with them? I don't remember that at all.

It also says the Vth and IXth had geneseed issues similar to (but more mild than) the IIIrd. Any connection? They're the speedy boys among the Astartes, and also the marines most likely to practice the arts on their downtime. The Scars and Blood Angels helped create the Librarius project - did the Emperor's Children use them too? The BA had a pretty unique issue in terms of the Red Thirst, so I'm surprised that they've been tied together with other legions in having geneseed problems.
>>
>>52160638
The men of stone are the people of the Imperium.
You are a man of gold.
>>
>>52160638
well it's kind of a nuanced way of saying they are basic as fuck compared to the ai of the past. Even the cog in mechanicum lore signifies the enforced limitation of machinery so the age of strife is never repeated.
>>
>>52160679
Dead legionaries/primarch?
>>
>>52160783
It somehow seems that it will be prohibitively expensive to have every marine standing over ferrus manus's headless corpse on every base.
>>
>>52160809
All I'm hearing are excuses
>>
>>52160638
no not 40k robots, the ones we have today on earth in 2017
>>
>>52160370
>Men of Gold
Glorious top-tier philosopher-jocks
>Men of Stone
Neeeeerds
>Iron Men
Robots.
>>
>>52156468
>>52156479
>>52156499
Cheers bros
>>
>>52160305
Like a $6 flat rate package. I'll double check the prices later tonight, I'm out right now.
After I do, I'll come back with a throw away email and we can hammer out everything.
Probably $1+Shipping, they've been sitting here for a month.
>>
>>52159203
>jump pack vigilator
My man
>>
>>52159893
Bad enough it's in caps, but why did re become a thing? All it does is show the complainant is below intelligence to use a computer and so shouldn't be commenting in the first place.

Or to break it down, why did re become a thing as it makes you look retarded?
>>
File: ReconSeekers1.jpg (146KB, 1200x384px) Image search: [Google]
ReconSeekers1.jpg
146KB, 1200x384px
>>52160954
sheet. if its under $12 then done, give me a throwaway and I can send you an email for a paypal invoice
>>
>>52155478
Termies in Ironwing tear shit up with their combi-bolters. Didn't realize the shit storm I opened when they popped out of their land raider.

Ironwing also works as a Dreadwing army fluff wise. Tech priest in land raiders firing off rad missiles and siege breaker dropping phosohex shells.
>>
>>52161039
>givng money to an anon
>giving money to someone who SAId it wwas a throwaway email
>giving money to someone who is known to be untrustworthy
It's probably not even FW resin
>>
File: 20170313_181046.jpg (3MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_181046.jpg
3MB, 4160x2340px
Got some toys today from Legion Forge. I picked up a few small things to try them out. Pic related was €16 with €5 for shipping, which was like $22.

First big thing is the shipping. I ordered it on the 2nd, and got it today, which is much faster than china. This is from the Ukraine, so I honestly have no idea if that's normal.

The molds themselves are pretty good. The most noticeable thing is the flash. There's a lot of it.

The glaives are mostly great in terms of the mold. Some of the backs of the hands are a little melted looking, and some small spots are a little messy. Some of the glaives themselves are a little flimsy, but I think that's expected.

The NL upgrades are harder to judge because the old metal ones looked derpy in places. The helmets are pretty good. A few tiny tiny bubbles that won't be noticeable and one scuff on a wing that's hardly anything.

The shoulders were the worst, but they're hardly terrible, and it might not even be because of the mold. There are a few tabs I need to trim off the wings and a couple shoulders have an annoying mold line. One or two might need some liquid green stuff. I have the same upgrade kit coming from Z I think, so I'll compare it then.

Overall, I might try something bigger from them. I can't say this was disappointing.
>>
>>52160704
>We don't care about your irrelevant pet peeves
>We
m8 pls
>>
>>52159452
What's a hoplite?
>>
>>52161092
>taking photo on arrival box
>showing flesh
>not pure wite or biege background
Would fund your photography degree/10
>>
>>52158763
My SW got a Forge Lord in tartaros armour with a conversion beamer, a jump pack Vigilator, Caster of Runes in Indomitus, and 3 AA Speakers of the Dead (1 with a combi-plasma) I use as apothecaries in smaller games.

For DG I just got a Siege Breaker for that sweet scent of phosphex. Oh, how it sings to me... its enough to drive a man insane. Hoping that at some point I could get a Diabolist style character and take daemons as allies.
>>
File: filter that shit.jpg (15KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
filter that shit.jpg
15KB, 480x360px
>>52160476
If only more people would filter.
>>
>>52161167
Not seen them? Peltasts, but they swap the casters for Haywire+1S Bolt Pistols that are S4 AP4 Haywire melee and 5++/defensive grenades. With Hazard Protocols for BS5 a basic 10-man squad will do 6.95 Hull Points to any vehicle, and overwatch at BS2, which may well kill the first Dread to charge them.

Load 12 into an Arvus Lighter, deepstrike in immune to Interceptor and mishaps in ruins because Reductor, then disembark and kill a Baneblade, Spartan or entire artillery squadron at will.
>>
>>52161176

I'm at work, man. I grabbed the boxes on my way out of my apartment building, and I was curious because I hadn't heard anyone say anything about Legion Forge before. Also, what's wrong with seeing the raw as is order? That's what I want to know when I order.

I have an order from MI with me, too that I didn't post a pic of because she has reviews out there. Got a bunch of Combi, Volkite, and Autocanons. The latter two are the old ones, so I'll have to do some chop work.
>>
>>52161335
I've though about an order to LF, then forgot about them. Might do it this time, thanks for showing your shit.
>>
>>52161039
[email protected]
>>
It's $7 and email me with the given so I can send you the shipping number. If you get to me in the next 20 minutes I will be able to ship it today
>>
>>52161070
>what is paypal buyer protection/10
>>
File: Kalkator & Magneric.png (354KB, 1736x2746px) Image search: [Google]
Kalkator & Magneric.png
354KB, 1736x2746px
>>52159384
>Sound like Beast Arises
Yes.
BT, the most tolerant chapter of them all :^)
>>
>>52161624
message sent
>>
File: IMG_20170313_200356.jpg (100KB, 1055x531px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170313_200356.jpg
100KB, 1055x531px
>>52161463

No problem. Here's a pic of the shoulders. The problems are very minor.
>>
>>52162121
I haven't gotten it, did you send it to the gmx.com email?
>>
>>52147813
Try scraping with the back edge of the blade on your hobby knife (ie not the sharp edge). The corner of the metal is sharp enough to scrape the surface flatter, without being sharp enough to bite in when you're trying to glide along. Just don't push your thumb into the sharp side and cut yourself.
>>
>>52161176
>Not showing your bare feet in the photo
You know nothing about photography.

t. /k/
>>
>>52162351
to: [email protected]
date: Mon, Mar 13, 2017 at 8:00 PM
>>
>>52162676
Unless you are 'Brandi' I didn't get it.
If I don't get it by tomorrow I will ask again.
And then it just becomes shipping cost.
>This is what I get for using anything but gmail
>>
>>52162771
resent, lets see if it gets there this time.
>>
Unbound just ignored FOC restrictions, right? Legion, RoW, etc. rules still exist when it comes to mandatory units, right?
>>
File: IMG_1732.jpg (26KB, 236x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1732.jpg
26KB, 236x350px
>>52162868
Horus Heresy is not at all meant to ever be played as unbound. Just don't do it.

If you're lacking material than proxy, but unbound is not how to play, it's a violation of the very spirit of 30k- not to mention the balance.

So just stop for your own good
>>
>>52162802
Fuck.
Try my trash email.
[email protected]
>>
>>52162956
So how do you play massive games then?
>>
>>52162992
done, last attempt
>>
>>52163025
How massive we talkin?

3,000 is considered the generic 'big game', and it has no problem working inside the FOC. 4,000 I only ever played once and it worked fine, though looking back my style of play tended towards "every upgrade available," but even then it would have worked just as well with pragmatism in mind

If you actually somehow fill all of a FOC, then take an allied Detachment. If you fill that too and have points left to spare, you're either making a terrible army or are playing 6,000+ point games.

At that point I guess talk to your opponent, it's irrrgular so I imagine you'd have to have planned the game out far in advance, so work out some form of agreement

The reason it's so important is becuase FW, even more than GW, very intentionally uses the FOC to keep balance in any given list
>>
>>52163025
Once you fill up your slots, you're in Apocalypse territory aren't you? Except with Space Wolves, which don't work RAW above 3000 points.
>>
>>52163073
Sent, with emails.
>>
>>52163178
Well, I got 7,500pts. right now and they won't fit into a single AoD FOC.

>take an allied Detachment

You can't use the same army for the ally detachment.
>>
>>52163178
>GW
>uses the FOC

lol

That hasn't been true for the past 2 editions. FOC is a joke to them, it's detachments, formations, etc. up in this bitch.

>>52163368
>which don't work RAW above 3000 points.

Did you read that yourself or citing some idiot's claims? The rule specifically says that you take 1 HQ per 1000pts. regardless of the FOC. So in a 3500pts. game you can have 4 HQs, even if there's just 3 slots.
>>
>>52163467
>GW's shit
Yeah, I guess. I only play Grey Knights in 40k (which is damn rare) so I'm fairly out of touch, although they use an FOC for everything.

Though now that I think about it Space Marines, Eldar, and the like realistically can have games only using formations. Fuckin sucks man

>>52163427
>allied Detachment must be different
Oh yeah, fuck I forgot that.

Okay, then just talk to your opponent about what to do. If you're actually planning a game then just figure out what they're cool with and work something out.

I couldn't say for certain, but from eyeballing my lists 2 FOC's should work pretty well
>>
Thinking of not bothering to drill these BoP boltguns. The barrels are so thin it's hard to get it centered right.
>>
>>52158843
As a word bearers nerd... I know you've got the corpse paint going but even then, he's really pale for a Colchisian. I'm not saying you can't do a pre-purge Terran chaplain repping Kor Phaeron's part of the Legion, but it stands out enough to me enough that, if that's what you're gonna imply, i at least want to hear the story behind it.

(Alternately darken down the scalp/tops of his ears. Corpsepaint is a mask, not a disguise.)
>>
>>52163629
0.5mm bit and use a needle to mark the center, thus helping the drill to start off centered.

You don't even have to drill the whole thing, just make a shallow hole to the tip.
>>
What, hypothetically, would one need to do small-scale recasting for personal use?
>>
>>52163711
My smallest bit is 0.85mm
>>
>>52163732
Get smaller bits.
>>
File: ctesias.jpg (76KB, 513x756px) Image search: [Google]
ctesias.jpg
76KB, 513x756px
Apols for shit photo (and shit paintjob), but I've put a translucent flame in this guy's hand and would like some input on what colour it should be instead of orange.
Like, if it's a generic psychic flame or power focus, instead of actual fire.
>>
>>52163766
But then he wouldn't be able to complain about his bits being too big.

And that's a situation every man wants to complain about.
>>
>>52163859
Blue, probably.

It'll most likely look like shit anyways, so it doesn't really matter all that much. That's the kind of extra touch that really needs OSL to not look out of place.
>>
>>52163859
electric blue
Thread posts: 368
Thread images: 59

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.