[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Stat her, /tg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 333
Thread images: 28

File: IMG_0439.jpg (391KB, 1024x1408px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0439.jpg
391KB, 1024x1408px
Last thread is reaching the limit. Head on over to this one.
>>
>>52138334

Look around the room you're currently in. Find every piece of glass. Then, imagine it all exploding outward at incredible speed.
It will be just as bad for everyone else in the city, if not worse.
>>
>>52138334
Control over silicon and nothing else.

Fourth most powerful S9 member.
>>
>>52139273
That's horrifying. And it also makes me curious how everyone in Brockton Bay didn't die a horrible death.
>>
>>52138334
How did Jack Slash convince her to join? I don't remember if she was a hero or villian before the S9 came
>>
File: image.jpg (48KB, 643x777px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
48KB, 643x777px
>>52142920
Meanwhile, inside the carapace:
>Every night, I can remember the work I was doing...how important it was. The body I've lost...the family I've lost...won't stop hurting...it's like they're all still there. (looking around at the other members of the 9) You feel it too, don't you? I'm gonna make them give up on the future.

In the back of his mind, a half-remembered snatch of the Simurgh's song plays. It sounds strangely like fiddling.
>>
>>52143063
I think, according to her semi-canon backstory, her trigger or the events immediately following it basically blew up Dubai, so she was on the run.
>>
>>52143364
Isn't she a Cauldron cape? Cauldron gave orders to Battery to make sure she escaped Brockton Bay alive.
>>
>>52143482
Yeah yeah, sorry, by trigger I meant, uh, power manifestation, something like that.
>>
>>52139273
>When you're wearing glasses
>Drinking water out of a tall glass
>>
>>52143063
>>52143364
After she single handedly destroyed Dubai on accident she became a target for anyone around there, she spent a considerable amount of time just constantly being attacked by everyone who hated her which I guess was literally everyone, heroes and villains probably worked together to keep track of her and coordinated their attacks.
Allegedly she held her own for quiete some time before fleeing to America which is pretty badass, if she hadn't joined S9 and just decided to fly solo and destroy random cities she quickly could've earned at least a rating of A-class threat.

Now that I think about it her backstory could make one sweet campaign setting.
Glass shards and corpses everywhere, the hungry people are looting the once glamorous city.

It was once ruled by the rich but now everyone was set equal by the glass rain, most of the established local capes, heroes and villains both, died while many others newly triggered during and following the attack.

Naturally all old players dieing or leaving and many new players entering means there is going to be conflict, former and new heroes that survived band together to keep order, former villains try to restore their old glory and new villains just want to be the first ones there to take a piece of the new found leaderless land.

Territories and gangs form, and there's battles all over as everyone tries to get the most supplies under their control but one rule is established and kept without question, when you see /her/ you drop whatever you are doing, whatever fight you are having and start attacking without questions, even the biggest rivals can be united by their hatred for her.

Factions include: various former heroes and villains that try to continue what they were doing before, various new heroes and villains that join the fray, and finally those that don't care about the power vacuum, mostly consisting of newly triggered they are dedicated to their mission of making the person who did this pay.
>>
>>52143043
Shards of glass raining over someone will create loads of surface lacerations, but so long as they don't hit a major blood vessel, you're pretty much going to be fine with basic first aid. Humans can survive on a surprisingly low amount of blood.
But it will hurt like a bitch and without first aid you're going to risk infections all over.
>>
>>52143978
Aesthetically Spec Ops: The Line is a pretty great depiction of a destroyed Dubai (though by sandstorms instead of glass storms), the way the city twists and forms into a nightmarish and almost surreal landscape would be exactly the kinds of feeling and tone I would aim for.
Hell I'd probably steal a whole lot more from that game if I ever gave this even more thought.

Would be interesting to think of the quirks people will develop like trying to discard any glass shard they find as soon as they see it out of fear.

Also I don't remember exactly but didn't her power also kind of work on sand?
Because if yes then I might reconsider my whole first post because if the sand also became a lethal weapon I'll just assume literally everyone died and there aren't even enough people left at the end for there to be any meaningful and interesting power struggle.
>>
File: IMG_0440.jpg (186KB, 1024x788px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0440.jpg
186KB, 1024x788px
>>52143063
>>52143364
The fact that everyone was already trying to make her dead is the stick in the equation, her carot is that she is a massivly inflated egotist that is addicted/obsessed with garnering attention to herself at all times. She *wants* people to know who she is and travels from place to place blowing shit up to fual the obsession.

Being with jack's group is what gives her that much desired protection while she does her stuff.
>>
>Black Kaze is cognitive enough to lead a Birdcage section
>Went full Shard after Kyushu sank

Was it ever confirmed what neurosis her Shard cranked?
>>
>>52144046
Consider how much glass is around your average person.

Right now, I'm in my room in my house in a rural town. I am surrounded by glass.

My memorial fish bowl (RIP Wallace, true friend), a TV, my laptop screen, my phone, my lamp, my overhead lights, the fucking windows, my phone, my Wii U gamepad screen, and some wine glasses.

It also isn't a terribly large room.

If all of those were to violently explode at this moment in time, I would be dead. So dead. Probably just from the glass from my laptop alone, since my face isn't two feet from it.

Now consider how much more glass would be around people in a city. A city struggling with disaster relief and filled with flooded garbage streets, where people get violently ill from shit like mold and wade around in nasty, gross sewer water that's knee deep or deeper.

Those niggers are dead.
>>
>>52145757
It depends entirely on how much force is in the explosion, you know. Shatterbird only seems to cause them to damage their immediate radius, not blast with the force of C4 or something.
If you're not within 5 feet of a window it probably won't hurt and even then it depends on how deep it can penetrate you. Surface lacerations are extremely painful, and very bad to get in the eyes, but unless it gets you in the neck or inner thigh, you can survive thousands of minor cuts with only extreme pain and minor wooziness.
>>
>>52145794
Lots of people wear glasses.
Lots of people carry phones in their pockets.
Lots of people have their beds near windows.

Also, the infections. Brockton Bay was literally flooded with garbage and sewer water, not to mention all the rampant bacteria and mold that comes from such an environment. Many people were also malnourished, making them more susceptible. Disaster relief was struggling even before the S9 showed up.

A big portion of Brockton Bay's population should have bit the fucking dust.
>>
>>52138334
Is that shit?
>>
>>52146062
pooinloo
>>
>>52145959
>Lots of people wear glasses.
Getting glass in your eye is painful and blinding, but still not lethal. I doubt Shatterbird's effect gives the glass enough velocity to punch through the bone at the back of the eye socket and into the skull.
>Lots of people carry phones in their pockets.
Unless they're on the inner thigh, still, that'd just be painful as all fuck.
>Lots of people have their beds near windows.
Dan Hebert did and he just got away with some bloody cuts.
>Also, the infections
I would say something about Panacea, but the Slaughterhouse Nine arc is where she lost it and went to the Birdcage.
I imagine plenty of homeless and incapable people did die, but they already had loads of emergency services on hand in the wake of Leviathan's attack.
>>
>>52145959
And you throw Bonesaw's memory plague into the mix?
>>
>>52146097
I was under the impression that Shatterbird's power did in fact cause glass to explode with explosive force.
>>
File: image.jpg (38KB, 391x511px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
38KB, 391x511px
>>52146687
>explode with explosive force
Ok, not my proudest moment, but I hope you get what I'm saying.
>>
>>52146687
If it did then her ability should topple buildings and leave cars a wreck instead of just leaving windowless frames everywhere.
>>
File: 8f89d110c3f10301154a9b2e6e8dad51.jpg (455KB, 1298x799px) Image search: [Google]
8f89d110c3f10301154a9b2e6e8dad51.jpg
455KB, 1298x799px
>>52146700
Nuclear explosive force? Or pic related explosive force?
>>
>>52138334
I'm imagining my health potion shattering iin my hand and dealing -10 health every turn she survives battle.
>>
>>52146097
>Dan Hebert did and he just got away with some bloody cuts.

Danny had prior awarness of the incoming glass attack from skitter and had been setting up some precautions right before the scream hit. This is what happemned to him.

>Two thirds of his face was covered in blood that looked more black than red in the gloom. Darker lines marked where the blood was welling from. Cuts across the side of his head, the edge of his forehead, his temple and cheek. His ear had been almost cut in half.

Also shatterbird makes the same stuff happens with sand (same attack)

>a trio of people moved down the street, supporting each other as much as they were able. Each of them had been blasted by the sand, their skin left ragged. It had turned a bruised combination of black brown and purple where it hadn’t been scraped off and left raw, red and openly bleeding. One looked as though he’d been blinded. The sandburns covered his upper face.

Not fun.
>>
Would a shard allow personal body modification?

Presumably that is what echidna would have been able to do if she had the full dose, but I'm not sure if it wouldn't have just been a more controlled cloning or flash consumption ability.
>>
>>52147310
Depends on what you mean. Bonesaw is perfectly capable of modifying herself.
>>
>>52147415
Really? I thought people were limited to either affecting others or themselves or is that not the case with tinkers?

Meant more of a sort of adaptive werewolf type arrangement. I.e being able to adapt their alt form to fight in water for example then fly in another fight.
>>
>>52147310
What was his name, Brutejack? Blowback?

Just looked it up.

Browbeat.

He could modify his own body. Not to the extent that Panacea could modify other bodies, but still impressive. Enhancements and reinforcements, as well as being able to change his features a bit.
>>
>>52147472
Panacea is limited like that, but I don't think it's a hard rule of shards so much as a general part of the shard's self-preservation. They can't directly harm the host.
Bonesaw's power, as eerie as it can be applied, is technically a power to heal. (Panacea on the other hand is the incredibly dangerous power to change, including change unto death.)
So long as the changes are beneficial, it'd sort of be an offensive version of Aegis' power, I think, which should be totally fine.
>>
So, my understanding is that a group has decided to spam about a mediocre webcomic here, on /tg/, rather than in /co/, because they had grown too insular there because the general population of /co/ effectively created a semi-tangible Wall of Disapproval towards their mindless fanboyism.

And, so, rather than curbing their mindess fanboyism, they decided to try and transplant themselves onto other boards in order to attempt to attract new people, while instead actually turinging people off towards whatever comic they were hoping to spam through their brazen disregard for the rules and their rather transparent and pathetic attempts at providing lipservice to act like they're here to discuss traditinal games, when they can hardly do anything be discuss the comic without any relation to traditional games whatsoever.

Frankly, it's a little disgusting.
>>
>>52147472
They were limited to not accidentally fucking up their own bodies iirc
>>
>>52147635
It's not a webcomic
>>
>>52147498
>>52147543
Cool. Cheers of that. Something to think about anyway.
>>
>>52147472
It's not the case with tinkers. Bonesaw did modifications on herself as well as the rest of the S9. When she woke up the S9 clones she actually had implants that would manually control her mannerisms and expressions so that they wouldn't know she was a traitor.

As for what you're talking about, it would fit pretty well. A Changer with adaptive physiology. Probably needs some limitations or conditions.
>>
>>52147635
It's not a webcomic. It isn't /co/ material. It's a web serial. Text only. It belongs on /tg/ because it does have a rpg based off of it, which is discussed. People also discuss things they use for settings and games. Check the previous thread.

It also isn't mindless fanboyism. The previous thread had a fair number of criticisms and complaints about Worm and the author's other works, Pact and Twig.

Worm has always been discussed on /tg/. Worm 2 will be discussed on /tg/.

You disgusting ignorant faggot.
>>
>>52139273
Where is outward?
>>
>>52138334
&also who dis
>>
>>52147940
Shatterbird. Can control silicon.
>>
>>52147940
Shaterbird

Basically Magneto with control over glass/sillica instead of metal
>>
>>52143570
Most glasses are plastic
>>
>>52147885
Oh, so it's a mediocre blog.
That makes it worse, not better.

And, checking through the previous thread and this thread, most of the discussion was very distant from any traditional game, and most of it was just really cringe-inducing fanboyism and transparent lipservice.

Like what you are spewing right now.
Did I mention you are disgusting?
>>
>>52145959
MOST "GLASSES" AREN'T GLASS
>>
>>52148142
Why do you give a shit? Discussing Worm isn't hurting anyone on /tg/. It ain't nothing to worry about.
>>
>>52148142
It's a webnovel. Try to post it on /lit/ and their arrogant asses will laugh until bump limit.
It does, however, have an RPG based on it. Weaverdice is still pretty half-formed though and I do recognize little discussion of it goes on in these threads. But that barely matters on 4chan, really.
>>
>>52148178
Ignore him. He wants to derail the thread.
>>
>>52148178
One thread didn't hurt anyone. But, you seem to be trying to carve out a little nich for yourself here. We really don't need another off-topic general, especially for something as mediocre as Worm.
>>
>>52148142
The first thing you need to learn about Worm: It's fanbase is the most cancery of all cancers, who always talk about how their setting is so "Dark" and "Realistic", even though it literally needs a plot device of a secret, super powered illuminati who completely control everything from behind the scenes to keep from imploding.

They're even so cancerous that, in a versus thread on leddit, a good healthy few argued with the writer when he stated that, canonically, the character he made would get one shot by Saitama.

Go elsewhere. There is not a single thing to salvage, nor is there any way to drive the cancer off. Let them have their containment thread.
>>
So to turn away from the derailing faggot, what do you all want to see in Worm 2? Or Twig and whatever Pact related stuff Wildbow said he'd do in the future.
>>
>>52148242
More Alec.
>>
>>52147986
NEAT
>>
>>52148167
Not in Worm, evidently, as Taylor and her father both remove their glasses upon learning that Shatterbird has come to town.

Remember, Earth Bet is actually a dimension that diverged from our own upon the arrival of Scion, and has many little differences, like pennies being phased out.
>>
>>52148192
>It's a webnovel. Try to post it on /lit/ and their arrogant asses will laugh until bump limit.

That's kind of your problem, not /tg/'s. If you want to see a change in /lit/, be the change in /lit/, and don't try to wear out your welcome here by clearly veering away from traditional game discussion. I understand that discussing the blog is at times necessary for discussing the game, but at the point where you are just discussing the blog to generate discussion just to bump this thread, it's clear that the initial purpose of this thread has decayed and it's nothing more than some fanboys attempt to establish a little offtopic general for themselves.

If you want to avoid being harrassed for reading a mediocre blog, you're better off going to /lit/, because at least there you won't be offtopic.
>>
>>52148242
If he goes back to Pact I want a protagonist that actually becomes a fucking proper practitioner, not a stickman murder sidekick to a psycho bitch.
>>
>>52147992
DOUBLE NEAT

>>52148255
I know absolutely goddamn nothing about this. Got appropriate links to non Chan sites???
>>
>>52148279
Oh well. All you're doing is throwing fuel on the fire. If you think it's off-topic then report it and move on.
>>
>>52148225
They can have it. Just not on /tg/.
I don't understand what's so hard about understanding that it's really obvious when a group clearly has very little genuine interest in discussing traditional games.

It's like this "cancerous" group somehow thinks they are being clever or sneaky.

In the end, they should just mosey on over to /lit/, instead of trying to expose their cancer to the rest of the site.
>>
File: 00DVMA-25589684.jpg (34KB, 500x356px) Image search: [Google]
00DVMA-25589684.jpg
34KB, 500x356px
>>52148279
Why are you describing a webnovel as a blog
it's not even demeaning it's just inaccurate, there's nothing logged, it's a story
>>
>>52148316
Providing reasonable arguments is hardly what I'd call fuel to a fire.
>>
>>52148305
>Got appropriate links to non Chan sites???
Do you mean you want proof?
>>
>>52148327
It's on word press. I'd call that a blog before I'd call that a book.
>>
>>52148225
>secret, super powered illuminati who completely control everything from behind the scene
Just like real life
>>
>>52148398
That's nonsense. It's text. It's no different if it's hosted on wordpress or fucking notepad.
>>
>>52148520
What's nonsense is how butthurt you are about someone calling a thoroughly amateur work a thoroughly amateur work.
>>
>>52148330
>reasonable arguments
All you're providing are some spicy opinions and annoying whining. You didn't even bother to look up the work in question, instead opting to jump to many outright false conclusions and name-calling. The name-calling isn't even accurate either, as Worm and Wildbow have many detractors and critics in these threads. It's hardly an insular fanboy general.

The only debatable opinion you've presented is Worm being off-topic. You say it is, because it isn't a traditional game. Others say it isn't, because it's source material for a rpg (that does see discussion here) and its setting and world-building provide much inspiration for other games. Arguments can be made for both sides, but what really matters is that the janitors think it's on-topic. Or at least allowable, as these threads are common and unmolested.

You aren't going to achieve anything. Keep posting and all you'll do is bump the thread. Even if you sage, you'll get replies which won't.

Your best bet is to report and ignore, although I doubt that will achieve anything either.
>>
File: 1482636486266.jpg (21KB, 617x507px) Image search: [Google]
1482636486266.jpg
21KB, 617x507px
>>52148568
That's.. not what I'm commenting on?
The quality doesn't enter into it. It's not a blog. You're calling a spade a humpbacked whale and I don't get why.
>>
>>52148632
He's not the sharpest tool in the shed, anon.
>>
>>52148242
>worm 2
Anything involving 1v1 battles, the giant army battles got really messy to follow. Also I liked the early arcs involving single characters or small groups struggling to gain power, rather than the later arcs involving large teams of characters acting as world police. The worst thing I can imagine would be a space travel story involving the search for worms.

>pact
Less rose, more exploration o magic and its uses. Overall more world building. It bothers me to no end that Blake never read any of his grandmothers books.
>>
>>52148623
I'm sorry, but it looks like all you're really doing is helping people to see that >>52148225
really has a pretty good understanding of you.

And, you're right, you seem to be the kind of people that need the mods to ban you before you leave, which means that we need people to actually look past your thin lipservice and to take notice of how you're trying to establish an off-topic general here.

Your argument is that because it has a game (a game that no one plays, not even the people in this thread, apparently), it is on-topic, regardless of how off-topic the discussions go. That's hardly an argument, it's just you basically grasping at anything to keep yourselves from being banned outright. It's a weird, slow dance, where you keep doing this until the people of /tg/ finally stop and take notice of what you're doing, call attention to it, and get you to move to where you are supposed to go.

You can spare yourself the lipservice, the lies, the arguments, and all the negativity generated towards your current obsession just by abiding by the rules and taking your attempted offtopic general to the board it's supposed to be on.
>>
>>52148632
If a person writes a story on his blog, that's a blog. I don't see why you are having trouble understanding it, beyond you hoping to limit the versatility of a blog into a narrow definition to avoid having the negative stigma of a blog associated with the blog you like.
>>
>>52148753
Your spending a weird amount of time bumping a thread you think is off topic. Why not faggot off to a MTG/cyoa thread already?
>>
>>52148794
But it isn't. A blog is diary-styled text entries for news about a person or subject. It's a corruption on "web log".
>>
>>52148817
Even if I don't like those, they're on-topic.
Even if I liked your webserial, it's off-topic.

This should be pretty basic.
I mean, look.

>>52148242
>>52148736
>>52148245
>>52148300

You're not even trying to pretend you care about traditional games at all. Why should anyone not point out that you guys are just using this thread for off-topic chatter?
>>
>>52148840
"Blog" has expanded beyond that narrow definition. It's more about the format than it is the specific content, as many people have blogs that don't include text or are not diaries. Your definition is just you hoping to excuse the blog you like from being a blog, largely just because you recognize that it's a term that expresses just how amateur something is.
>>
>>52148794
What if a person uses a blog style web service to publish a serial novel?
>>
>>52148916
Than he'd have it on his blog, and people shouldn't be offended if they call it a blog.
>>
>>52148931
BBut it's a serial web novel.
>>
>>52148962
But it's a blog.
>>
>>52148898
It doesn't have anything to do with the amateurism of the subject. You can't just say "it has expanded beyond that narrow definition" without providing something to that end. When has blog ever meant more than that? Can you provide examples of things labeled blogs that are more than that? I haven't seen it used in such a fashion.
It's like saying the color red now applies to everything in the purple spectrum. The only retort I can have is "no it doesn't".
>>
>>52149005
I can see now you are just baiting by being stupid.
It's a story written on a blog. Are you done being upset about that? Or are you really just trying to convince everyone that yes, "Worm fans" are all really delusional whackjobs with no respect for the rules of this board or even basic definitions if they come into conflict with their precious obsession?

Go away already. Back to /lit/. I didn't intiially think you guys were this bad, but you've convinced me.
>>
>>52148300
Was I the only one who interpreted the rules of pact to basically say the only way to be a successful practitioner is to not practice at all? Or was that just diabolists?
>>
>>52148753
>I'm sorry, but it looks like all you're really doing is helping people to see that >>52148225 really has a pretty good understanding of you.
How?

I didn't do a single thing that he described in his post. I didn't praise Worm at all. I didn't insult you either, aside from the bit about whining. I also think Saitama could beat Behemoth in one punch, no problem.

>And, you're right, you seem to be the kind of people that need the mods to ban you before you leave, which means that we need people to actually look past your thin lipservice and to take notice of how you're trying to establish an off-topic general here.
>implying it hasn't been established for years

>Your argument is that because it has a game (a game that no one plays, not even the people in this thread, apparently),
False, it is being played. At least one anon posted details for his game in the previous thread. Also it isn't my argument, I just said it's an argument. I'm of the opinion that it doesn't matter either way.

>That's hardly an argument, it's just you basically grasping at anything to keep yourselves from being banned outright. It's a weird, slow dance, where you keep doing this until the people of /tg/ finally stop and take notice of what you're doing, call attention to it, and get you to move to where you are supposed to go.
Nobody is going to get banned, anon. Worm has been discussed here for years, no problem. You seem to be under the impression that Worm posters skulk around, evading the law. They don't. Everybody knows. Nobody cares.

>blah blah lipservice lies rules obsession blah blah i don't have enough space to quote the whole thing
This "off-topic general" is hardly attempted. It's been here for years and isn't going anywhere.

Seriously, just nut up and report it if it bothers you so much. See if it gets moved to /lit/ or /trash/, or even pruned.

It won't.
>>
>>52148962
>>52148981
It can be both.
>>
File: e0243055_17212723.jpg (28KB, 480x483px) Image search: [Google]
e0243055_17212723.jpg
28KB, 480x483px
>>52149069
>It's a story written on a blog
Just phrase it like that to begin with. You don't have to be confusing about it.
>>
>>52149074
It was just diabolists.

The Knights of the Basement told Blake that he's seen more combat in one week than most practitioners do their entire lives.

Similarly, in Worm, Taylor saw way more combat than was average for other capes her age.
>>
>>52149076
The part about you being cancerous. You seem to fulfill that expectation to a tee.

And, looking through the archive, your "established general" seems to be nothing more than a few sparse, sad threads of just off-topic nonsense that clearly doesn't belong here. It's actually the sort of thing where it likely wasn't banned because it just was never noticed, but now you seem to think it makes sense to try and start it up as a continuous general.

You're really better off just staying in /lit/, because it's clear that you guys don't have any real interest in traditional games, and these sad threads could do with people on /lit/ telling you what's wrong with your favorite blog rather than people on /tg/ telling you what's wrong with you.
>>
>>52149166
>The Knights of the Basement told Blake that he's seen more combat in one week than most practitioners do their entire lives.
Not necessarily talking about combat, it just seems in general the universe portrayed using magic even for something as arbitrary as finding a lost object as being extremely detrimental in the long run, at which point one has to wonder how magic ever caught on at all?
>>
>>52149331
How does this relate to traditional games?
>>
>>52149348
I'm brainstorming for a personal build

>implying every post within an on topic thread must be on topic
>>
>>52149390
No, but you haven't been discussing anything remotely connected with traditional games for quite a few hours now.

>I'm brainstorming for a personal build
Why is it so easy to disbelieve you? You're really an awful liar.
>>
>>52149265
>The part about you being cancerous. You seem to fulfill that expectation to a tee.
How?

>And, looking through the archive, your "established general" seems to be nothing more than a few sparse, sad threads of just off-topic nonsense that clearly doesn't belong here
Nice opinion.

>It's actually the sort of thing where it likely wasn't banned because it just was never noticed
So make it noticed. Report it. End it all. Do in a few clicks what you won't achieve in a dozens of posts.

>now you seem to think it makes sense to try and start it up as a continuous general
I don't think much of anything about it. I just participate.

>You're really better off just staying in /lit/
Again with that. Worm has always been discussed on /tg/, never /lit/.

>these sad threads could do with people on /lit/ telling you what's wrong with your favorite blog
That happens here too. I myself post a lot of criticisms of Wildbow, and I've never been subjected to any kind of scathing fanboy scorn.

>rather than people on /tg/ telling you what's wrong with you
Well I guess it's a good thing it'll take more than a few mean words from an all-talk nobody on an anonymous website to rattle my self-esteem.
>>
>>52149411
Please stop shitposting and stat shaterbird
>>
>>52149418
Wow, you're really bad at this arguing thing.
Are you actually trying to get people to hate your favorite blog by associating it with you? That seems counterproductive.
>>
>>52149440
Please don't pretend that "stat me" is anything other than the laziest way to try and squeeze offtopic threads onto /tg/.

One offtopic thread about a subject in a while is fine. Beyond that is when it's clear that you guys don't really plan on playing by the rules.
>>
>>52149331
>it just seems in general the universe portrayed using magic even for something as arbitrary as finding a lost object as being extremely detrimental in the long run
That's just Wildbow being Wildbow.
>>
>>52149477
How does this relate to traditional games?
>>
>>52149441
If I'm being counterproductive in my attempt to get people to hate my favorite blog, doesn't that mean I'm actually getting people to like it?

Checkmate, atheists.
>>
>>52149474
>so many words and still no stats
Sasuga anon, please try and stay on topic.
>>
>>52149474
>>52149484
So why haven't you reported the thread yet?
>>
>>52138334
High AC somewhere around 30, (mobile flight, was able to defend aggainst hookwolf's offence.) but only has a 1st level heath total however.

All your inventory that contains silicon explodes dealing 1d10 per item, per player.

its dificult to quantify her scilicon attacks because they are just so damn versitile in their applications and force.
>>
>>52138334
I don't think she'd be all that powerful outside of a modern/desert setting. I mean, in a dungeon she'd either have no medium to focus her power through or she'd destroy a bunch of valuable loot... Does a cursed mirror retain its cursed properties after shattering?

>>52149477
The real worry I guess is that non diobolists were welcome to use power willy nilly whilst Blake was constantly sassed for wielding magic and pretty much gave up practicing any amount of spellcraft halfway through he story and continued to avoid it even after discovering the endgame was to erase the family debt anyway.
>>
>>52149633
>>52149636
Why are you addressing the OP again when the poster count didn't rise up? You guys are fucking weird.
>>
>>52149657
Please try to stay on topic
>>
>>52149657
Well I've made like 15 posts here and I haven't tried to stat Shatterbird at all. Few systems have "fucks with silicate matter" as a viable mechanic.
>>
>>52145757
Consider how much blood a person has as opposed to needs.
>>
>>52149695
Should I point out that neither of you seem particularly familiar with any role playing games, judging by your attempts to "stat"?

Is that fair to point out?
>>
>>52149742
Teach us your ways master
>>
>>52149742
>implying rpg stats are the only stats
Please don't be jingoistic, your triggering me
>>
>>52149740
Lose 40% and you're dead without treatment.

I tried to look up how fast somebody can lose blood from dozens of small cuts, but I couldn't find anything and I'm probably on some kind of watchlist now.
>>
>>52149812
I think it would depend on their platelet count

>>52149740
While they would likely feel horrible and be useless in a fight, a person could realistically maintain consciousness having lost up to 2.5-3 liters.

Not sure how many stat sheets account for blood loss.
>>
>>52143043
It was the middle of the night and everyone was asleep under several inches of cut-resistant armor, in the third least likely room in a house to have large windows.
>>
>>52150095
Well that settles that.
>>
>>52146619
Nobody forgot that they were injured or were at a hospital or were treating patients/being treated.

>>52145959
Only one of those apply while ASLEEP.
>>
>>52151526
Shhhh.

It's been settled.
>>
>>52150095
What a time to be a sex addict with a mirrored ceiling... Assuming the explosion caused your trigger event, what would your power set be?
>>
>>52153748
You violently ejaculate glass shards when you get aroused.
>>
>>52154019
Isn't that what everyone does?
>>
>>52153748
You come back frustrated from the club, you picked up the hottest girl there was but she was way below your standards.
Sadly it was getting late and you doubted there was going to walk anything better in and you just had to bring something back so you had to make do.

One moment you were on top of her trying to release that terrible tension that had been building up all day but the next one you feel like your entire backside was set on fire.
The combined sensation of immense pain, being blue balled at the worst possible moment, the wet blood that is running down your back, the screams you hear both yours and hers and the frantic way she is trying to get out from under you are deeply disturbing.
The pain gets worse as she starts clawing at your already bloodied backside, you start feeling hatred for her as she's more trying to get away than to help you. You trigger.

You get the ability of releasing spikes from anywhere you chose in your body, you can vary the lenght from about one inch to about nine inches.
Those spikes are incredibly sharp and also have a weaker version of Flechette's sting power that makes it easier for them to pierce tough material (though by far not to the bullshit extend Flechette could penetrate things).
On piercing those spikes have the effect of transfering your injuries onto the victim meaning you get healed as they suffer them instead, this process is slow but more spikes inside the victim makes it faster.
Also the shorter you made a spike the stronger the effect is so to get the most out of the ability you have to cover as much of the victims body with your own as possible before injecting the shortest spikes all over inside them.
>>
>>52148337
Naw I just wanna read it dude
>>
>>52154199
I thought about also giving the spikes a sort of paralyzing effect but the initial prompt didn't make it sound like that guy was much of a rapist, I imagined him more of just being a real piece of shit that talks people into having sex in the sweetest way possible before just throwing them away after getting bored.

Another idea I had was to give him some sort of additional self harming ability though that would have just made the end result too convulated.

>>52154202
https://parahumans.wordpress.com/
Don't mind the high school shit in the beginning it goes over fast enough.
>>
>>52154199
>One moment you were on top of her trying to release that terrible tension that had been building up all day but the next one you feel like your entire backside was set on fire.
What's the point of a mirrored ceiling if you're not lying on your back letting coyote ugly ride you?
>>
>>52154282
It's not like the guy wouldn't want some variation once in a while, maybe he just wanted to pump and dump her as quickly as possible since he didn't even find her attractive and her riding was taking way too long because she was trying to enjoy herself.
>>
>>52149812
This is why I got my blood replaced.

Nanomachines, son.
>>
>>52154260
Thank you for the link
>>
>>52154078
I think you need to go see a doctor.
>>
File: sunny_dennis180.gif (38KB, 180x309px) Image search: [Google]
sunny_dennis180.gif
38KB, 180x309px
>You can explosively shatter anything that catches your reflection

>you can send visions into the minds of others, but only of what you are currently seeing

>anything you see reacts with the physical properties of glass

Pick 2
>>
>>52154436
That would make for a good Bloody Mary type cape.
>>
>>52154436
>You can explosively shatter anything that catches your reflection
>anything you see reacts with the physical properties of glass

Detonating eyeballs?
>>
>>52149331
>Not necessarily talking about combat, it just seems in general the universe portrayed using magic even for something as arbitrary as finding a lost object as being extremely detrimental in the long run, at which point one has to wonder how magic ever caught on at all?

Most magic in the Pact universe is safe, even incredible magic like time-manipulation or mind-control. The issue is that:

- Becoming a mage makes you open field for all supernatural nasties.
- There is a heavy equivalence principle in many magical ordeals: to gain something your must lose something else, or win against something of equal power.

Finding a lost object is a trivial application of sympathy magic, one that has absolutely no downside, and doesn't even need an equivalent exchange. If you're a half competent mage you can do it without risking your soul or something like that in the process.

Most of the nastiness of Pact magic is a social construct: different magicians have divergent goals and they will pit against each other. The other side of the nastiness is that the Pax Muggleus is not applicable to you when you become a mage.

Blake was an absolute anomaly because his family had accrued a very large amount of bad karma, a number of enemies even larger, and was constantly trying to survive against impossible odds. Being a practitioner in Pact is dangerous, but not that dangerous, and most of them seems to live relatively peaceful lives until they fuck up irremediably.

Like Maggie 'making a pact with a thousand years old Fey seems like a pretty good idea' Holt.
>>
>>52155366
If I was a practitioner in Pact I would avoid the shit out of the Fae. Its depiction of them is actually pretty frightening.
>>
>>52138334
Great body/10
Brown goddess/10
Literal living onahole for Regent/10
>>
>>52138334
I don't even know who the fuck that is
>>
>>52155968
It's your mom.
>>
>>52155968
A supervillain from the web serial Worm called Shatterbird, she has control over silicon substances like glass or sand though she mainly focuses on the former.

She can move it via telekinesis though a range was never specified, (I guess you could just say it's about 30 meters since the battles depicted all took place at about that range), fly using glass shards embedded in her costume and can scream to make it vibrate, the vibration can extends her range and any new glass caught can again extend it but also it makes all glass caught within the range violently explode.

Essentially she can destroy any modern city killing countless people with one scream because glass is such a common material like >>52139273

Her backstory is the first paragraph here in case you are wondering about that too >>52143978
>>
Your current campaign gets invaded by pic related with Skitter spearheading them. How do you fare?
>>
>>52156353
>Skitter spearheading
I get bullied to death
>>
>>52156405
Skitter doesn't bully.

You know who bullies.
>>
>>52156671
Skitter totally bullies.

She's the biggest bully.
>>
File: superthumb.jpg (32KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
superthumb.jpg
32KB, 300x250px
[Spoiler]Hillary Clinton had a trigger event the night she lost the election and got stranger powers so now she's invisible [/spoiler]
>>
>>52156936
But she got bullied.

Bullies don't have bullies, you bully.
>>
>>52157026
Don't you tell me that bullies don't get bullied, you stupid bullying bully.

Now give me your fucking milk money.
>>
>>52157121
Bullies don't get bullied at all you bully.

Except at home. Dad.
>>
>>52157191
And don't you fucking forget it, Billy.

I'll see you when I get home from the mill.
>>
>>52149726
>tfw when your favorite system does
>>
>>52157436
Please share what system it is, contrary to what Stat me threads usually are (thinly veiled excuses to discuss your favoutire thing but on /tg/) I'd actually like to get some stats on her in at least one system so I have something to compare when I want to stat her in another system.
>>
>https://forum.rpg.net/showthread.php?672521-Wormverse-Champions-4-The-Undersiders

Has some pretty good write ups. Most of the characters were pretty low powered, iirc.

Don't know if Shatterbird got one.
>>
>>52157615
Hero System.
Variable Power Pools let you assemble powers on the fly to simulate different things. Under whatever restrictions are put on the pool.

Like The Flash using Speed to do different things. Or a gadgeteer putting a new gun together in his lab. The pool is limited, so you can only have so many powers in it at a time.
>>
>>52157615
M&M.

Any and all characters can be created in M&M. Just like the Hero Systems, both RPG were made to simulate a wide array of super hero tropes, from the Doctor Strange wizard to the speedster, from the classic Superman to Spiderman and Batman and absolutely everything imaginable.

The Atomic Think Tank Archive has hundred of M&M character sheets for Bleach, Harry Potter, Gundam, Madoka, LoTR, etc.

Shatterbird does not even begin to strain the system.
>>
>>52157910
>>52157615
From the tip of my head I'd give her Telekinesis, with subpowers in fly, blast, and limitation 'only glass'.

And model her scream by an explicit long distance blast.

My last M&M character was six years ago though, so the details are a little fuzzy.
>>
>>52157691
>>52157910
>>52158017
Nice thanks, I've never played anything capeshit related before and will keep those in mind as soon as manage to convince my friends to try it.
>>
>>52157910
What about coil. He's infamously hard to replicate using crunch.
>>
>>52158085
Coil is GM.
>>
>>52158085
Not that hard really.

Fluff wise it seems really powerful. Crunch wise all it doesn't do all that much, but provide a bonus to a lot of interactions because he's "tried it" multiple time.

I'd just make him a skill monkey with some money and followers. His "power" would be something like a +4 to all rolls, (4 Over all skill levels), usable by others, ranged, doesn't work or loses effect against "Stranger" powers.
>>
>>52158085
I don't think there would even be much crunch if you try to replicate him as a playable character, the dimension splitting would just be the player saying "alright I'm splitting the timelines now" and then running every encounter twice until they decide on one to keep.
Maybe add a little bonus to certain roles if they have done something before in another timeline to signify that they still have that memory and use it to their advantage like dodging and parrying an attack becomes slightly easier because you just have fought against the same enemy and remember how they did their last attacks.
Of course Coil personally would never get into close quarter combat like that but you get what I mean.

The timeline splitting could be pretty annoying for other players but the last thread mentioned that it could probably work fairly ok in an 1 on 1 game (or if the group is actually alright with powers like that which would take some real dedication but is definitely possible if they view the power as useful enough)
>>
>>52158085
Much more difficult, but can be done.

Either a mix of Time powers (Replay/See the Future/Temporal Shift) with some finely tuned descriptors, or Luck powers (Fortunate Failure/Lucky Dodge/Lucky Escape/Perfect Timing).

Luck powers simply work better mechanically imho, but if you want to be really anal about emulating Coil, you'll need Time powers.

I'm not a pro of the system so I could have forgotten a convenient "double timeline" power that is somewhere.
>>
>>52158223
If you absolutely had to stat it:

Duplication linked to a transdimensional teleport. Ranged re-combination and all that fun stuff to fit the fluff.

It'd be annoying to play with though.
>>
>>52158335
>but if you want to be really anal about emulating Coil, you'll need Time powers.
Actually if you want to be really anal it'd be precognition, appearantly his power only simulates the two universes and as soon as he picks one the shard takes over his body and does all the actions exactly as he envisioned until he gets to the moment again where he decided to chose one.
>>
>>52158401
I know that, but M&M only cares about result.

A magical fireball, a laser, and a blastwave following your blade because you're just that strong are all the same mechanically: it's a blast.

It depends on how much you want to actually play the timeline split. That solution >>52158354 is probably cleaner if you want to emulate everything 100%. The Time powers are also usable. If you want to abstract any timeline split, Luck powers allow you to say 'nope, I splitted the timeline, I was never here' and you were never here indeed.

In M&M, there is often many, many ways to create the same character.
>>
>>52158526
From what I gather about M&M it requires a lot of dressing up mechanics if you want to have a good time.
>>
>>52158679
Never played M&M.
What do you mean?
>>
>>52149440
Size/Type: Large Magical Beast
Hit Dice: 5d10+25 (52 hp)
Initiative: +1
Speed: 30 ft. (6 squares)
Armor Class: 15 (-1 size, +1 Dex, +5 natural), touch 10, flat-footed 14
Base Attack/Grapple: +5/+14
Attack: Claw +9 melee (1d6+5)
Full Attack: 2 claws +9 melee (1d6+5) and bite +4 melee (1d8+2)
Space/Reach: 10 ft./5 ft.
Special Attacks: Improved grab
Special Qualities: Scent
Saves: Fort +9, Ref +5, Will +2
Abilities: Str 21, Dex 12, Con 21, Int 2, Wis 12, Cha 10
Skills: Listen +8, Spot +8
Feats: Alertness, Track
Environment: Temperate forests
Organization: Solitary, pair, or pack (3-8)
Challenge Rating: 4
Treasure: None
Alignment: Always neutral
Advancement: 6-8 HD (Large); 9-15 HD (Huge)
Level Adjustment: —
>>
>>52158714
Like you have to put a lot of description into a character's actions to make them seem unique.

Like it was said above, a fireball and a laser are the same thing mechanically. The difference is in how you present it.
>>
>>52159048
Not really.

There is modifiers to the powers that make them unique. So, let's say, your fireball is Blast (magic, casting time 10 second, fire, 10 damages), while your laser is Blast (instant, light, 15 damage, penetration 3).

A long time since I've played M&M, but the result looks like something like that. It is flexible enough to do almost anything, but doesn't really prevent your character from doing something cool and thematically different.

It's just a different way of thinking your powers, bottom-up instead of top-down.

In D&D there is the vancian magic system and then you choose spells inside this magic system to get the effects you want to achieve. In M&M you choose the effects to achieve, and then add the dressing of your personal magic system to the effects.

Instead of wanting the invisibility spell and deciding to be a wizard level 5 and building everything to get the invisibility spell of the game, you say that your character can generate an invisibility effect and then say that it's a spell he can cast. It's upside down, but it works really well.
>>
>>52160073
Oh.

Okay.
>>
>>52156163
So basically some boring cape shit?

Meh

Probably will come as some 500+ points Super under GURPS, which makes me even less interested.
>>
>>52160624
I wouldn't say it's the average boring cape shit because it's the about the only cape shit I like despite trying to get into classic comics multiple times, but why are you even less interested because it would take so many points to build her in GURPS?
Are you especially not into high powered stuff?
>>
>>52160624
>500+ points Super under GURPS

Limited macrokinesis is 500+ points in GURPS?

Man, GURPS is really shitty.
>>
>>52160624
Once you reach arc 8 the pretense of superhero shit goes out the window.
>>
>>52160073
>It's upside down,
I tend to think of it right side up and other systems do it wrong.

>>52160624
Never played gurps, bit noisy of the characters are pretty low powered.
Being shot by a normal gun would kill most of them. So significant lower powered than your average fantasy character outside of limited shtick.
>>
>>52161725
Being shot by a gun would kill a lot of capes in Worm.
>>
If Regent does body control through the nervous system as opposed to mind control through the brain, then how does he make capes use their powers?

Shards are in brains.
>>
>>52163020
Only cape we saw him control was shatterbird, her power manifests through her voice, vocal cords are controlled by nerves.
>>
>>52163179
He did Shadow Stalker too. Used her power a bunch.
>>
Hey guys, I've been invited to a Pathfinder game with some friends IRL. It's our first real tabletop that's not freeform/Unforgotten Realms. I'm gonna scrounge through Pathfinder when I can, but I really want to play as a cape (was promised M&M and now I'm blueballed)

Which character from Worm would fit in best in a normal Pathfinder game Crunch-wise?
>>
>>52163020
I think he controls the physical impulses of the brain as well, he merely doesn't control the thoughts/consciousness.
>>
>>52163877

Burnscar as an undying light blastlock with a spell list consisting of nothing but fire & movment spells wherever possible.
>>
>>52163020
I think he controls parts of the brain while leaving consciousness and such unaffected.
>>
>>52163877
Imp as a rouge.
>>
>>52162053
What l that's what I meant to say. Typos as fuck, because phone posting.
>>
>>52166100
It's interesting how Worm handles powers, and probably one of the strongest parts of the setting.
>>
>>52166752
It's pretty much the reason for reading at all
>>
>>52163020
>>52163179
>>52163686
What are the specifics of how his power works anyway?

What I know so far:
1) He can cause spasms and twitches in peoples muscles in his line of sight, has control over which specific muscle should be affected

2) He can assume direct control over people he concentrates his power on enough, they still can think freely but their bodies are not in their control including their powers.
This appearantly takes a long time (WOG says it depends on how similar the targets body type is to his own)

Are these two abilities different powers or they the same thing as in if he uses his first ability enough the effect of the second ability will eventually be reached?
Does his control ever decay? He told Shadow Stalker that he could always assume control again if he wanted but that was after he completely took over, what if he aborted the hijacking mid-process, would he have to start all over if he resumed a day later?

Also I wish Wildbow would add more guidelines to Weaver Dice on how to recreate a power you just thought up from a trigger event into crunch, I remember being kind of lost every time I tried doing it on my own.
Like if he could stat up some major story characters to show what they would look like in the system it'd be definitely help.
>>
>>52170721
>more guidelines to Weaver Dice on how to recreate a power you just thought up from a trigger event into crunch, I remember being kind of lost every time I tried doing it on my own
I think the point is that things vary wildly, so you're given more room to play.

A lot of the powers in the setting have very little to do with the trigger events.
>>
File: 2epnyovuf9gx.jpg (84KB, 680x798px) Image search: [Google]
2epnyovuf9gx.jpg
84KB, 680x798px
>>52170721
>Like if he could stat up some major story characters to show what they would look like in the system it'd be definitely help.
He literally did this actually, but I can't find them right now because as far as I know there isn't a place where all additional Weaver Dice documents (besides the core rules) are collected, they are just kind of spread all over.

Anyway I remember having read them sometime and they've had some pretty good insight on some peoples powers and additional effects we never got to witness in the story, also just interesting random extra information like Alabaster being really good at repairing and maintaining equipment despite his primary power of automatic self regeneration barely having anything to do with it.
>>
>>52170721
His power is body control. Just one power. The spasms and twitches are basically him button mashing. Seizing control is him taking time to learn all the controls, investing himself in that character,

That's how I saw it, anyway.
>>
>>52171686
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1Y9EM6krS6MfQy04IJYNkIKRri5jMpHaOTAvvSegpmgI/edit#
It's the only one I could find and it's only for Damsel of Distress but I swear I've seen a way bigger document with a lot more known capes listed in a similar way somehwere.
>>
>>52138334
Move Object 10: Continuous, Damaging, Perception, Subtle, Limited Material (Glass)

Damage 2: Limited (Glass), Area (Burst 8), Increased Range(Ranged), Linked Damage 1: Inaccurate, Limited (people around glass)

Flight 3
>>
>>52174002
Neat.
>>
>>52176311
>>52174002
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1hxYrt2d6b_LAaMPphcZEzwAruiSHQaiaBa3x2WMsGvA/edit
>>
>>52174880
Shouldn't flight also have a type of limiter because it requires a costume that has glass shards embedded into it, or does that system not have any fitting limiters for the ability of flight?
This is Mutants&Masterminds, right?

>>52177721
THANKS, this is exactly what I have been looking for.

>Alabaster
>Power: 4 second rule - At the start of each of his turns, Alabaster restores himself to perfect condition, losing all conditions, wounds, damage, ongoing effects (including mental/emotional) and shedding any changes that would change his physical statistics.
>Power: Immune to pain. Cannot be debilitated by pain, can harm self without making guts checks.
Alright this makes sense,

but then comes this:
>Power: Maintenance. Thinker power makes him more effective at maintaining and fixing gear. He can reroll craft checks, and is assumed to have a grounding in all non-niche craft types.
It's strange how he just has this unrelated side power that in no way synergizes with his main power, it makes sense thematically with both powers being related to restoration but it's still pretty unusual.

Now that I think about it Glory Girl is similar with having the regular power that is common in her family (Super strenght, flight, personal forcefield/durability) and then the unusual emotion affecting aura despite nobody else in New Wave having Master powers though that comes from her shard pinging off of Gallant who was nearby during her trigger event.

With Alabaster I am not so sure if his shard just pinged off of another one nearby because his two powers are thematically similar enough that I could imagine they both come from the same shard (though the similarities could also just be a coincidence and it was pinging after all).

What kind of trigger event would cause someone to just get two somewhat unrelated powers?
Or is there some word of god that explains it?
>>
>>52178149
Yes.
Never wager that M&M can't do it, you'd be wrong every time.

Flight 3: Removable.
>>
>>52178149
It's possible he was a multi-trigger, along the lines of Circus, Watch, or Foil/Flechette.
>>
>>52178149
>Glory Girl
>Master
I thought WOG confirmed that her "aura" was actually a Shaker effect that telekinetically made minute adjustments in a lobe of the brain to release endorphins or whatever.
>>
>>52178955
M&M sounds cool.

I want to play it.
>>
>>52179974
That sounds like a real fucking stretch for Wildbow, but if it's WOG..
>>
>>52182325
>but if it's WOG
It might not be.

I just remember reading it somewhere.

I do remember that he semi-confirmed that Victoria basically conditioned Amy to be in love with her, since she was always exposing Amy to her aura during crucial developmental stages.

By semi-confirmed I mean that somebody in the comments suggested that might be the case, and he said something like: "I wondered how long it would take somebody to notice that".
>>
>>52148319
Another anon here.

I don't check other boards.

.....except /b. For porn.
>>
>>52149265
I didn't know we all had to kowtow to your whims, oh great dictator.

Worm is fun.
Worm is inspirational for plots and characters.
Even if it's a pulpy little dime novel piece, it's neat. I like it. It makes me happy.

Where are your great works that we can look on and despair?
>>
>>52182699
Ignore off-topic posters pls.
>>
Speaking of Glory Girl, reminder that she did nothing wrong.
>>
>>52183250
And she turned out wrong.
>>
File: 1471719429059.jpg (33KB, 750x534px) Image search: [Google]
1471719429059.jpg
33KB, 750x534px
>>52183288
>>
>>52182635
Other boards have better porn.
>>
>>52185909
ok I actually like worm and love these topics but bumping without adding anything? I'm starting to side with that 'no offtopic discussion' autist.
>>
File: IMG_0258.jpg (30KB, 250x275px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0258.jpg
30KB, 250x275px
>>52185909
Bumping without even trying to disguise it as something else is among the worst forms of dis-etticit out there.

Stop it.

How similar is the Simurgh to the deamons of tzeentch?

-BIRD, BIRD, BIRD, BIRD IS THE WORD.

-Sees into the future/past.

-Makes people go crazy.

-Schemes.

-Has a cult.

-Originates from another plain of existence.
>>
>>52186429
Stating that you've reported a thread or a post is against the rules.
>>
>>52186101
>deamons of tzeentch
Literally what?
>>
>>52179061
Watch was multi-trigger?
>>
File: Panacea and Glory Girl.png (238KB, 600x891px) Image search: [Google]
Panacea and Glory Girl.png
238KB, 600x891px
>>52179974
>that her "aura" was actually a Shaker effect
It was definitely a Shaker power but also a Master power, this Master/Shaker combination actually plays really well into her backstory and personality.

Glory Girl took a long time to get her powers, way longer than her sister and cousins. She was worried that she might never even get powers and won't ever fit in with her family.
The next part wasn't really confirmed and we can only guess, either the feeling of not being loved by her family because she doesn't has powers was only imagined by her or her mother actually was neglecting her emotionally like she did with Amy, either way she was upset enough about it that it played into her resulting power.

>home life stress = environmental stress = Shaker power

>emotional neglect (real or not doesn't matter as long as it is perceived that way) = Master Power

Her power literally gives her the ability to force people to love her which is an aspect of her personality that wasn't really explored but the way it is implied by simply her having this extra power and the reader having knowledge about how certain powers come to be is really neat.

I suspect that it could have been a little bit of both, her mother really fucked Amy up and I wouldn't be suprised if she maybe was just a bit neglecting with Victoria, perhaps even only on a subconscience level but Victoria being an easily impressionable little girl took it even worse.
Not to forget that her father sufferes from depression and is also emotionally distant because of that, maybe Victoria didn't knew that back then and came to the conclusion that he was like that because of her not having powers.

She wasn't perfect, she used excessive force and covered it up but in the end she deserved better. Thank god the epilogue implied that Amy was going to fix her up again.

>>52179061
>>52187796
>Watch
Literally who?
Also what ever happened with Foil allegedly having an arch nemesis back in new york?
>>
>>52188957
>Also what ever happened with Foil allegedly having an arch nemesis back in new york?
I only know that she and another person triggered at the same time in the same car accident and gained the same powers from it but with different specializations, they both could charge up projectiles to make them better at piercing things and had improved aiming and timing.
Flechette/Foil got the ability that could make her pierce literally anything and was "only" really good at aiming and timing while the other one got god-like aiming and timing and only a weaker piercing charge up.

Though I'm pretty sure all of this is word of god and wasn't even mentioned in the story, the other person was a villain that constantly tried to fuck over and possible kill Flechette (as multi triggers usually do) and I think it wasn't ever mentioned what became of the rival.

Just another interesting thing that never made it into the main story I guess, just like how Kaiser wasn't ever actually racist and only pretended to be because he wanted to inherit the leadership of Empire 88 from his father.
>>
>>52188957
>Thank god the epilogue implied that Amy was going to fix her up again.
I'm right there with you. A lot of readers outright hate her, but literally for what?

Accidentally hurting a nazi who savaged an innocent person?

Wanting to protect her sister from supervillians and getting pissed when they hold her hostage on pain of death?

Some other third thing?
>>
>>52188957
>Literally who?
Some mercenary with dangerous powers. Taylor "fights" him during her stint as a Ward.

He has short-range clairvoyance that let's him see nervous systems through walls, I think, short bursts of super speed, and he can phase his hands inside of people to fuck up their internal organs.
>>
>>52191102
>Just another interesting thing that never made it into the main story
Too many of those.

This is why Worm 2 needs multiple protagonists or more interludes.
>>
>>52160840
Don't care. If it has supers in it = cape shit. It's not about outright being shit, but it's like the situation where you meet that cute redhead, and she has great ass and she is charming, but holy shit, she's so fucking dumb it ruins everything
That's how having supers works for me.
Unless we are talking about The Tick.

>>52161251
An average human fresh into adulthood and with no vocation training or education is 50 points. A professional working in trade is between 100 and 120

And here we've got a power that basically has no range limit and would cost alone about 100-110 points. Maybe even 150, since I don't know what are the limitations and downsides of it - if there are any.
Then come stats, roughtly another 150-200 (depending if she is fast/resilient/her will is required to use that power/etc)
Then skills, which will be about 30-50, depending precisely on how good she is in other stuff.
Then comes the fact she probably has some other attributes, stats, advantages etc. Let's assume blindly at least 50 points into them, since, duh, Supers.
And since I don't know her limitations and disadvantage, but this is Supers, so let's say -75 on those. If she's a villain or shit like that then -100
So let's see
Basic power 100-150, stats 150-200, skills 30-50, at least 50 in advantages, and between -75 and -100 in disadvantages. Giving us in total 230-375 points. Let's call it 300 then, shall we?
And that's just a blind and pretty moderate assumption, since I don't even know the character, aside OP superpower and being cape shit. As far as I'm concerned, her stats might be 300 points alone

>>52161324
Like I've already said, if it has supers in it, it already starts with breddy hefty penalty

>>52161725
Who told you being shot in GURPS won't kill you? Unless you play as a character that has as part of his or her build immunity to bullets, you can put them down just like average human being with similar HP. The game is brutally "realistic" when it comes to dying
>>
>>52195466
So you're saying you have an inherent hate for stories with superpowers in them?

Why? Did your uncle molest you in his Superman costume on Halloween?
>>
>>52195517
It's not hate. I've already explained it with the redhead, didn't I? Didn't work? I've about inheritently being stupid and more often than not ruining the otherwise great story, premise and setting, because muh good guys punching bad guys. Maybe it's because superhero comics are completely alient to me culturally, but thing is - it's the type of story that is crippling itself.
Kind of reminds me of Batman Beyond. It premiered when I was in my late teens and I liked it. Hell, I still like it. Because it was kick-ass cyberpunk...
... but also good guy punching bad guys, wasting half of the potential on pointless cape stuff.

And if there is anything more alien culturally than cape shit for me, then that would be Halloween.
>>
>>52195632
>muh good guys punching bad guys
That's not Worm at all. It's all bad guys punching bad guys and then occasionally teaming up to punch bigger and badder guys.
>>
>>52195669
Which makes it even worse.
Sorry, the only cape shit that managed to appel to me was The Tick. Mostly because it was poking fun out of all the stupid stuff, but without being obnoxious about it.
Anyway, this still leaves me curious as a simple mental exercise how much points exactly that character would take under GURPS. I don't suppose you're familiar with GURPS to help out?
>>
File: capes in russia.png (135KB, 1859x746px) Image search: [Google]
capes in russia.png
135KB, 1859x746px
>>52195632
>>52195827
Yeah you probably won't like Worm, it sort of balances trying to stay realistic while still showing off some classic superhero tropes and concepts which I guess is still exactly what you don't like about the genre.

I am not that familiar with GURPS myself but here's her wiki page
http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/Shatterbird#abilities_and_powers
in case you want more exact information on what her powers are to estimate the amount of points she'd need.

>>52191102
>>52195114
>Just another interesting thing that never made it into the main story
I strongly suspect that, with Worm being basically a first draft anyway, most of those little facts and tibits that Wildbow occasionally releases will be worked into the final version that will be up for sale.
There are also things where he straight up admitted that he won't just reveal right now because he wants to work them into the sequel (which I doubt will just be called Worm 2, probably another four letter title), like he said in the same comment he explained Jacks trigger event in that Number Mans trigger will be left unsaid for the sequel.

I for one hope for some more chapters that examine the different cape cultures in the world, besides the standard culture in the USA, we never saw much else besides India and a tiny bit of South America which still managed to be downright fascinating.
Just look at pic related with the way he actually thought up names for the factions and leaders and how they evolved despite never even being mentioned in the main story, it's obvious that he did a ridiculous amount of world building that we never got to see which I am really curious about.
>>
File: image.jpg (305KB, 800x1131px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
305KB, 800x1131px
>>52196225
Yes, that's right everyone. Metal Gear is essentially canon in Worm.
>>
>>52196225
Two thing to note about her power that aren't really described that well in that article
1) Her "city wide" control comes from her making glass vibrate to extend her range onto possible other glass that is further away that could again be made to vibrate to extend her range and so forth.
2) The only thing she can actually do with glass that is in her range through this vibration act is make it explode.
Fine control is still limited to her closer range so she still needs to be around in fights and can't just stay miles away while making them eat glass.
>>
>>52196326
It's something that I've always been wondering about in Metal Gear.
Various types of super powers and psychic powers (though where's even the differences?) are a real thing in the Metal Gear universe and in-game we see them constantly as soldiers in specialized military units so it is a real possibility that there are powered and masked vigilantes running around in the urban cities playing superhero that we never saw because all of the games also take place in active warzones (besides that one Eastern European chapter in MGS4 that still takes place during a time where martial law is in effect and no civilians are on the streets).

I thought about a Metal Gear campaign built around the concept of the PCs being military recruiters that are tasked to infiltrate the superhero scene of a city and convince people to join the military because the army is desperate for new powered people.
Sadly I never managed to get enough material for it even after I cannibalized some of my half baked Worm campaign ideas for characters and stories that have been jumping around in my head.
>>
>>52196580
I'm interested in how you would have gone about setting up the Metal Gear atmosphere in that game. Were their superiors not telling them something important/working for the Patriots?[/spoilers]

Anyway, I got the impression that powers were much more rare in Metal Gear than in something like Worm and that life was pretty normal outside of war zones, for whatever reason.
>>
File: 1487785708203.png (40KB, 853x543px) Image search: [Google]
1487785708203.png
40KB, 853x543px
>>52196737
>Were their superiors not telling them something important/working for the Patriots?
Oh definitely, I read a lot of /tg/ Metal Gear threads beforehand that had some good advice on how to make something feel distinctly like Metal Gear, even when I started throwing in Worm stuff it still was a Metal Gear story first and foremost.
>>
>>52138334
Do it yourself. Fuck off.
>>
>>52195827
So you don't like good guys punching bad guys, or bad guys punching bad guys, and presumably good guys punching good guys is out too. Do you just like guys punching guys?

Help me to understand you, my strange foreign friend.
>>
>>52196225
I don't think we even saw much of cape culture in the USA.
>>
File: chronicle-67[1].jpg (142KB, 1280x690px) Image search: [Google]
chronicle-67[1].jpg
142KB, 1280x690px
>>52195466
>Then come stats, roughtly another 150-200 (depending if she is fast/resilient/her will is required to use that power/etc)
Then skills, which will be about 30-50, depending precisely on how good she is in other stuff.
Then comes the fact she probably has some other attributes, stats, advantages etc. Let's assume blindly at least 50 points into them, since, duh, Supers.

This is where everything falls apart in your assessment of her. Nobody in worm is any better physically then a mortal human if their power does not change it. No bullet timing or 1-ton deadlifting unless their power can make it happen.

Parahumans are pic related, 9/10 they are crazy and violent/on the verge of becoming crazy and violent. Not functional members of society. their skills would be lopsided and not be any better or worse then a civilian outside of having ptsd or whatever.
>>
>>52199159
Yeah Worm does its powers pretty well imo. Parahumans aren't paragons.
>>
>>52198938
They are literally just superheroes.
>>
>>52200181
So? Wildbow puts fresh spins on a lot of shit. It's one of his biggest talents. Also saying "just superheroes" is kind of reductionist, as there are a lot of different types and perspectives of them can be very different from setting to setting.
>>
>>52197495
>already been done a bunch of times
>>
let's talk twig
jessie a best girl
helen_ a cute
evette a cute
mary a solid respectable choice
lillian a person who really isn't good for sy at all
>>
>>52202078
Didn't Sy kidnap her or some shit?

Somebody spoil me, what happens after the rebel battle with all the assassins and that one douchey leader with the little boy stitch?
>>
>>52202127
the humors lose to the lambs. Sanguine, (eyes) has the interlude and it turns out actually seeing lambs in action is terrifying. they almost kill cynthia.

ghosts infiltrate, the Duke appears, jamie gets reset (by the duke) because sy mouthed off, brechwell happens, and the rebels (fray) release academy texts to the world, ashton shows up, jamie 2.0 and sy refuse to discuss feelings,

and then bleeding edge happens and everything is fucked.

post-lugh, things get more fucked. sy's memory is going, and it's going fast at this point.
>>
>>52202259
I just want Twig to be over at this point so that Worm 2 can get here sooner and then people will start making the rare decent and not wholly miserable fanfics of it.
>>
File: skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg (131KB, 1024x576px) Image search: [Google]
skitter_by_neoworm-d9mp6r7.jpg
131KB, 1024x576px
>>52202259
>and it turns out actually seeing lambs in action is terrifying
I haven't read Wildbows other stuff yet but does every story of his focus around a group of young people similar to the Undersiders that learn to work with one another to become unusually talented at fighting other human threats?
Because that was probably one of my favourite parts about Worm and I'm trying to decide whether to read Pact next or The Zombie Knight by George M. Frost
>>
>>52204598
I dropped Pact, but from what I understand from spoiling myself it turns out that way.
>>
>>52202340
>the rare decent and not wholly miserable fanfics of it
Got any good ones, anon?
>>
>>52204709
All Unaware
>>
File: elf.jpg (39KB, 600x580px) Image search: [Google]
elf.jpg
39KB, 600x580px
>>52204742
!
>>
>>52196225
Will look up this and see what I can do after finishing my day in the office. It's not like I have access to GURPS library here.

>>52198251
I don't like stories that boil down to big punch-out. And cape shit is pretty much entirely about ending with a punch-out, while acting like they are something more or else than Guy In Costume A beating masked mooks/Guy In Costume B, all in the name of justice, good and other terms. Or for money, fame and world-domination, if they are bad guys.

>>52199159
>I don't understand how GURPS work too
>I think lots of points = Superman
Mate, to put that into perspective - just the fact somone can act like a ghost on will (going through walls, carrying object, being impossible to hit) costs about 200 points, all by itself.
While being, say, average high-schooler with that ability.

Since you used Chronicle - guys from it would have about 300-350 build each (Steve a bit more, since he would rake few advantages related with his charisma), 90% of which would be spend on their TK powers alone and without touching anything else. So like I've said, average high-schoolers.
>>
>>52204779
If that one doesn't float your boat there's also The Rape of Lisa.

Or if you want something that isn't non-con there's Night at the Gala.
>>
>>52204812
>Night at the Gala
Please link it, googling it only brings me to pony shit.

Also while we are at it I might as well recommend
Naked Sex World
http://archiveofourown.org/works/3375773/chapters/7383605
which I consider an important piece of literature even if you don't know the source material.
>>
>>52204806
So you don't like action?
>>
>>52204828
https://archiveofourown.org/works/2072778
Sorry, it's just At the Gala.

Adventures in the Mirrorverse is cool too, if only for the fact that the world is actually pretty interesting once you look past the rampant rape and incest.
>>
>>52196225
>>52199159
Just by quick glance, she has Flight (40 points), a nonsensical limitation on her power (so it won't affect price), ability to use shields and forcefields based on her power (80 points at least, probably more, don't know how strong they are), few advantages like Combat Reflexes and similar, and the power itself, which from the description looks like 150 at least.
So that's 300+ right now, just on the abilities as such. Since she's qualified as "thinker" (whatever the implications are) and is combat-oriented, that means at least +3 Int and Dex, which is another 120 points. That's without altering directly her Speed, Will and Perception, so that could be another 30. 420 (or 450) already, without giving her insane stats. If she can use her powers for lifting others or make them fly, that;s another 30 points. Hell, even her costume itself is another 10-15 points, depending on how resilient it is (I don't assume she runs naked after being hit by someone)
So we are 460+ already. With Will/Speed modifications, maybe 510+

Do you see now how easy it is to reach 500+ mark?
>>
>>52204961
What nonsensical limitation? That it can't affect plants?
>>
>>52204833
No, I don't like pretentious action with special snowflakes punching each other, while wearing leotards.
Wuxia is fine, action genre is fine, but cape shit adds to that layer of "mystical magical powers from space!" that are then used to punch things. Wow!

I remember how enjoyable the first half of the Iron man was (friends brought me to cinema, so it was free ticket and you don't deny that). Because it involved a guy escaping from prison and then toying around with the invention he used for said escape. The second half was a great summation of everything wrong with cape shit - an overly complicated scheme to seize his invention, a punch-out between CEO and the director of the board in mechanical suits, a bunch of lame jokes and the entire plot simply falling apart.
And this could be a great story, if it didn't indulge in the genre trappings, being a great action/adventure film. Instead, it literally throwed its own potential through the window and started waddling in mud and shit.
What for, aside, you know, being cape shit?
>>
>>52204976
Yep.
From the point of view of the power itself and its scope (ability to manipulate glass) it doesn't change a thing that it can't affect directly living creatures.
It's like building an AT cannon for a tank and then say "Hey, but it has a limitation! It can't be used against naval targets effectively!". Well, duh, it's a tank cannon, so engagement with ships is kinda out of scope
>>
>>52204985

>Iron man could have been great.
>If there was no iron man.
>>
>>52204985
I'm now fairly sure that you actually were molested by your uncle while he was dressed up as Superman.
>>
>>52204806
>I don't like stories that boil down to big punch-out. And cape shit is pretty much entirely about ending with a punch-out

What did you think of Dr Strange then? The movie that ended with negotiation, rather than a brawl?
>>
>>52205005
>Missing the point this bad
Keep trying

>>52205013
I would need to have an uncle first for that to happen

>>52205014
Don't know, because there is no reason for me to find out. It's a super hero movie. Like I've pointed out, the only reason why I was on Iron man, was because I didn't have to pay for the ticket.
>>
>>52205036

>Don't know, because there is no reason for me to find out. It's a super hero movie.

So you don't like movies that end in punch ups...but have no interest in seeing the ones without punch ups either?

So you hate superhero movies independent of what they actually do with the concept?
>>
>>52204985
>an overly complicated scheme to seize his invention, a punch-out between CEO and the director of the board in mechanical suits, a bunch of lame jokes and the entire plot simply falling apart.
I think I get what you mean. And I think there is a perfect movie for you that in the same time is "cape shit".
Logan.
It cuts out most of the tropes related with the genre, while still firmly being a movie about supers. Sure, it makes much more sense if you are familiar with the main character already, but I think you should give it a try. Mostly because it's like your typical action movie, but instead of Riggs or McClane you have someone able to survive taking a bullet. And that's the entire extent of his powers. Which are slowly failing, too.
>>
>>52204993
That's just how the Manton Effect works, my dude. Some powers don't work on living things, others only work on living things, and for others it's just irrelevant.

Like there's a character who can create lines in things, splitting them apart with a touch. From small pieces of dead wood to great big walls, she can split them. But her power won't let her split living things, because of the Manton Effect. Another character can reshape and change any living thing, but only living things.

There's also a character who is a guy made of metal, and his power puts him in a Manton Effect sweet spot. He would be immune to both of the above powers.

So the limitation wasn't specifically designed for Shatterbird, is what I'm trying to say. It's something that affects a lot of powers in the setting.
>>
>>52205036
>I would need to have an uncle first for that to happen
So no cousins either, huh?

Um, your dad maybe?
>>
>>52205051
Look, this thread is about a chick able to manipulate glass, alright?
Does it makes a story with her any less about punch-outs, just because her powers aren't about punching things?

The movie in question has a huge, white letters on it, saying "MARVEL". It means it's yet another cape shit movie and it doesn't make any difference if it's about guy in metal suit, a steroid-altered supersoldier, a magician or a bunch of aliens and a human banding together to punch the shit out of alien overlord. Because it's the same subgenre, following the same trappings.

I just don't enjoy watching it. At all. Mostly due to how convoluted those stories are to lead to some big-ass punching scene. A movie that uses action set-pieces is fine. A movie that EXISTS for the sake of action set-pieces is lame.
Doubly so if those are fight scenes.

And this exceeds beyond just cape shit. I can count exceptions of this "rule" on my fingers, and just because there was a visible craftsmanship and effort put into those exceptions.
>>
>>52205116
I feel like your hatred of cape stuff is really irrational. Lots of superhero stories can be character driven. The Spectacular Spider-Man and Teen Titans cartoons, to name a couple of examples.
>>
>>52205116

>I just don't enjoy watching it. At all. Mostly due to how convoluted those stories are to lead to some big-ass punching scene. A movie that uses action set-pieces is fine. A movie that EXISTS for the sake of action set-pieces is lame.

Steven Strange has one fight scene in the movie. One. The climax of the movie is negotiations with the villain to stop, not a fight.

The vast majority of the movie is about his own hubris and lack of faith in anything larger than himself, trying to learn to overcome it.
>>
>>52205116
>Does it makes a story with her any less about punch-outs, just because her powers aren't about punching things?
Anonymous, are you trying to say you dislike conflict in a story?
What fucking stories do you read?

In any case while Worm has fights, it's not really about the fights. The fights are just showcases of power application in the midst of Wildbow's worldbuilding extravaganza.
>>
>>52205066
It's funny, because I always associate Jackman with his role in Kate and Leopold, so whenever he plays anything else than a prince charming, it makes me giggle. And he made his entire career on being "action actor". I know, it's purely irrational, but I have the same problem with Nick Cage, who I saw for the first time in Vampire's Kiss, so every time he's playing sane character or a good guy, it makes me giddy.

>>52205080
I'm not questioning how it works and I have no issues whatsoever about it. I understand perfectly it doesn't even involve the character as such and more or less why it exists in the first place as a story device.
I'm just pointing out it can't be used as a limitation under GURPS. Limitations in GURPS exists to make advantages/powers/spells cheaper. But this particular one is so detatched from the power itself, it just can't be put into equation to lower the costs.

>>52205096
Female cousins.

And I think my dad might be partially involved into this, since he was the one picking the cartoons I could watch as the kid, scratching out all those with violence. But then again, I love action flicks and my mother would probably still play tabletops (for real) if she had a group of people roughly her age and not freaking out because somone older than their own mothers show up for a game.
So I guess I just developed the disdain for cape shit all by myself.

>>52205151
Maybe, just MAYBE I will give it a try. But it's already out of cinemas, so now it's about waiting for DVD release and borrowing it from local rental
>>
>>52205208
>If you don't like convoluted and pointless fight sequences, you hate conflict
Could you take a bit smaller logical leaps? Becuase you are jumping to conclusions so weird, I have hard time following your "logic"

Oh, wait! That's just elementry-tier eristics, my bad!
>>
>>52205151
>Steven Strange has one fight scene in the movie. One.

There's the one in the prologue with the ancient one, the one where he gets attacked in the sanctuary and gets the cloak, there's the trippy one near the end before he goes into the time loop, and probably a few others i'm forgetting.

Did we watch the same film?
>>
>>52205215

>Nick Cage
>Playing a sane character

Now we know you are disconnected from reality.
>>
>>52205215
>And I think my dad might be partially involved into this, since he was the one picking the cartoons I could watch as the kid, scratching out all those with violence
This makes me feel less bad about the fact that my dad was a distant alcoholic who just neglected me most of the time.
>>
>>52205231
Then never in Worm is there a "pointless" fight sequence. Every fight is important to character development and story direction. It's never mindless X fights Y because they want special effects.
Well, maybe one fight was pointless. (Why did Khonsu even exist?)
>>
>>52205232

I said Steven Strange. The protagonist. He only gets the one in the sanctuary (Though it spills over to the hospital as it's decently long).
>>
>>52205266
>Why did Khonsu even exist?
Because hope isn't a thing you're allowed to have in Worm, unless it's all part of a set up to violently tear it away from you.
>>
>>52205232
So he basically lied? Good to know

>>52205234
Let's see... Raising Arizona, Amos & Andrew, Red Rock West, Guarding Tess, The Rock, Con Air, City of Angels, 8 mm (well, he starts as sane and by the end of it gets over his issues), Gone in 60 Seconds, The Family Man, Captain Corelli's Mandolin, Lord of War...
Nope, I think it's the other way around and you only saw his films from last 10 years or so.
>>
>>52205273
>Steven Strange
It's Stephen you tool.
>>
>>52205273
Nah, he's in the one near the end in New York where they start going full escher.
>>
>>52205297

Lord of War isn't remotely sane. He's a colder insanity but the man is not well in the head and gets less and less well in the head as the movie goes on.
>>
>>52205297
How old are you?
>>
>>52205266
Or maybe, just maybe, you can have character development and story direction centering around something else than people fighting each other with their fists and mystical powers?
I mean I know I'm asking too much from you, but hey, that's just life.

Also, that's been definitely the least productive hour at work in this year. Congrats me I guess
>>
>>52205317
Hitting 34 in few months, why?
>>
>>52205319
So you're saying you do, in fact, hate conflict.
Fighting with fists or mystic powers is literally nothing but a vehicle for the story's conflict. It doesn't matter if it's ordinary dudes fighting with guns. It doesn't matter if it's elves fighting with fireballs. It doesn't matter if it's aliens fighting with lasers. It sure as shit doesn't matter if it's muscular men posturing at each other, it's no different.
You are either making it to be something unique, and reviling it exclusively, which is utterly nonsensical, or you are hating all of the above, and therefore disliking conflict as a part of fiction.
>>
>>52205314
There is the rest of the list, you know? I'm just pointing out there are numerous movies where he plays perfectly sane guys, who also often happen to be the good guys.
He has pretty good range, shame he's now basically picking any role that gives him 8 figures.
>>
>>52205341

>who also often happen to be the good guys.

...did you watch Lord of War?
>>
>>52205328
You seem old.
>>
>>52205337
I'm pointing out there are dozens of ways of having a conflict in the story that aren't about physical, direct conflict between character A and B.
Let's pick up Lethal Weapon, shall we? Because it's a great example how can you have both. Riggs is a suicidal human wreck, because he lost his beloved wife. He has a death wish and that alone generates a conflict. Due to this, he's a maverick cop who spits on regulations, because hey, why should he care about anything? Which generates conflict too. He's paired with much older Murtaugh, which generates conflict on the basis how much Murtaugh wants to have a steady job with no risks. By Lethal Weapon 2 you can add to that conflict about Riggs hitting (or rather - pretending to do so) on Murtaugh's daughter, just to piss him off. There is a LOT of conflict going WITHOUT the whole drug deal and bad guys.
And then, in the same story, we have the direct conflict with the ex-military guys. It involves shoot-outs, torture, punch-outs, but the story is predominately about Riggs realising he no longer wants to blow his brains out. And the direct physical conflict is the least important part of that plotline. Sure, it's fine to watch, but they could work on just about any other case or even cases and it would be still about Riggs and Murtaugh developing a strong friendship and supporting each other.

tl;dr - you know shit, your taste is shit and you should feel bad about it.
>>
>>52205350
>Reading comprehension -5
>>
>>52205387
You're a complete cunt who thinks that the only conflict possible in a story with superpowers has to be about those powers?
Worm fucking opens with the "superhuman" girl getting bullied by three other normal girls. Not harangued by superpowers, not even any sort of brawl, purely schoolgirl annoyances. Your presumptions are hollow and insipid.

Lethal Weapon had Riggs fight with Mr. Joshua for like three solid minutes, wrestling half-naked and bloody, was the movie worse off for it?
>>
>>52205387
There's a lot of conflict in Worm that doesn't revolve around superhuman brawls. Same goes for lots of other pieces of superhero fiction. Get off your high horse, and stop irrationally dismissing shit.
>>
>>52138334
Dead/10
>>
>>52205438
>When out of arguments - hurl insults

Keep trying. Maybe one day you will have arguments to actually defend your stance

>>52205483
Hey, it's not me making a ridiculous claim that hating punch-outs means you must hate conflict
>>
>>52205516
And to elaborate - punch-outs for the sake of punch-outs
>>
>>52205516
Pretending the argument isn't there because you saw an insult and it hurt your fee-fees?
At this point I know I can't convince you because you've completely ignored my point, which already gutted your own. Clearly, Lethal Weapon is a 0/10 movie, because it had a massive """mindless""" brawl in it.
>>
>>52205516
>Hey, it's not me making a ridiculous claim that hating punch-outs means you must hate conflict
Then the only response is thus: no, Worm isn't about punch-outs even though it's a superhero setting. It has fights, but they're not for the sake of fighting.
>>
>>52205516
No, you're just the one trying to assert your absurd and misinformed biases as fact. More than anything you just come off as a guy who hates superheroes for no good reason. You're very dismissive of them, even when you don't know anything about the work in question.

Iron Man got bad for you in the second half, which coincidentally is when it starts to be an actual superhero film. Cue your dismissal of the plots and conflicts and how they were revealed to tie back to the earlier events in the move.

I mean if you don't like superheroes that's fine, but don't pretend like they're the ones with a problem.
>>
>>52205540
>Still no arguments
>Still just insults
Like I've said, keep trying

>>52205560
Dunno, because I've learned about its existence with this thread and the more I read about it, the more it looks like a generic cape shit with a grand difference being "but we also have other plots than duels!". Well, great I guess

>>52205578
I've already gave you the reasons
And there is no problem whatsoever. It's rather the perception that if I don't like it, then it means there is something wrong with me/I've got a problem. You were saying something about dismissal for no good reason, right?
And yeah, Iron Man could work as a good movie without being superhero movie. Thing is, it's a superhero movie, so it was inevitable. But the first half is suprisingly solid. It would probably hold till the very final duel, if not the fact how needlessly complex and "stupid evil" the bad guy is in his actions. It basically boils down what could be a patent war and corporate infights into a direct, all-out brawl.
Which in my eyes makes it ridiculous, since there was a perfectly laid ground for different type of story. Instead, it's a superhero movie and the superhero trappings works AGAINST it
And that's my issue with cape shit - it kneecaps itself, often wasting great potential on two guys punching each other. I get it, it's part of the genre and one of core elements of it, but it doesn't make it any less wasteful in my eyes

Why the hell you add to this (god knows why) the disdain to supposed elitism, just because I don't enjoy the same things as you do is beyond me. It's like a 10 year old boy complaining that nobody takes him "adult", because they laugh at him for watching cartoons, so he extrapolates a situation where everyone else is to blame as "no-fun wet blankets" or "insufferable elitists"
But it doesn't change the reality. It just creates an artificial barrier to hide behind, while desperately looking for justification for own actions
Why?
After all, you are not a 10 year old
>>
>>52205708
>still ignoring my argument
You may shut yourself away from the world, but everyone here is free to mock you. By your own admission your favorite movie is shit.
>>
>>52205708
I'm not even going to read your post. From what I can see of it it's just more of you posturing your biases and trying to spin them as objectively correct.

So I'll just dismiss you without actually taking a closer look at anything you have to offer.
>>
>>52205767
My favourite movie is Heat with de Niro and Pacino, thanks for asking.

>>52205773
>I won't read it
>But I know it's bias
K
>>
>>52205931
>My favourite movie is Heat with de Niro and Pacino, thanks for asking.
The one with the ten minute shootout scene? What a """"mindless fight out""""!
>>
File: 1473376884694.png (566KB, 1280x1162px) Image search: [Google]
1473376884694.png
566KB, 1280x1162px
What the fuck did this thread turn into
>>
File: Slaughterhouse 9 go to the mall.jpg (4MB, 3042x2339px) Image search: [Google]
Slaughterhouse 9 go to the mall.jpg
4MB, 3042x2339px
>>52206075
People having really strong opinions about stuff, but also autism.
>>
>>52138334
Literally who / 10.
>>
>>52206135
>>52156163
>>
File: Behemoth.jpg (137KB, 782x1021px) Image search: [Google]
Behemoth.jpg
137KB, 782x1021px
>>52206075
Quick, back on topic!

Behemoth would totally win against Leviathan
>>
>>52206148
I think if they had cause to fight, Behemoth would not be able to catch Leviathan but Leviathan could not hurt Behemoth. Stalemate.
>>
>>52206070
Not sure if I should encourage you with trying so you can eventually hit after so many misses or rather disencourage you, since it's painful to watch as you struggle.

>>52206075
You know what, if anything good came out of this whole mess I'm responsible for, then it's this picture, useful as reaction image. So... thanks, I guess?
>>
>>52206193
>literally can't deny that his favorite movie is like 8 solid minutes of people shooting at each other
ahaha.wav
>>
>>52206148
Behemoth would almost certainly win against any of the other Endbringers, except possibly Khonsu depending on whether they age or not.
>>
>>52206217
But surely he'd be too slow to hit Leviathan?
>>
>>52206148
Could Ziz mindfuck an Endbringer the same way she turns people into living time bombs?
>>
>>52206206
I'm not even trying to do so, so why do you imply I can't do something I'm not only not doing, but fully aware this scene exists.
I'm also aware the film lasts for 170 minutes and the heist job is neither the final act of it nor the first. It's a pivotal part of the story, happening right in the middle of it and the entire third act is based on the fact the robbery failed, after a disastrous shoot-out. And nobody sane will tell you that the shoot-out was the reason they've enjoyed the film.
So I guess - keep trying. Rebuttal of the finest, right?
>>
>>52206243
So you acknowledge that you can have high action scenes within a functioning story?
But, for some reason, you have a mental blind spot at the idea of superhero powers being involved with the very same concept.
Seems like you're in checkmate, trapped within your own doublethink.
>>
File: bitch.jpg (153KB, 1149x696px) Image search: [Google]
bitch.jpg
153KB, 1149x696px
>>52206148
Damn, that artist though.
>>
>>52206238
Do Endbringers have minds to mindfuck?
>>
>>52206253
I was never denying that in the first place, if you've just read through my argumentation, so I'm not sure who have now a mental blind spot and checkmating himself here...

The argument was about using the story to have punch-out (wrong) rather than using the punch-out as part of the story (right). And cape shit has a pretty consistent tendency to do the first, see the Iron Man argument.
>>
>>52206290
>And cape shit has a pretty consistent tendency to do the first
Not really. Would you even know?
>>
>>52206299
Not him, but it kind of does.

There's certainly exceptions, but a lot of capeshit is exactly that.
>>
>>52206285
The Simurgh does at least, since the "Scanner" cape was able to see into her thoughts.
>>
>>52206227
I was going to say that Behemoth's got inevitability. It will grab on to something eventually and then Leviathan's gonna get wrecked, but Leviathan doesn't stand a chance of damaging Behemoth's inner layers.

...but thinking about it, now I'm not sure if any of the Endbringers could actually kill any of the other ones. Plenty of people way less durable than an Endbringer core survive hits from them, after all.
>>
>>52206358
>Plenty of people way less durable than an Endbringer core survive hits from them, after all.
Remember that Endbringers never bring their A game to an attack though.
>>
>>52206299
You see, you assume that I dislike this stuff, because I don't have contact with it. I get from where you might get that assumption, but it doesn't make it any less wrong.
Let's just check through the current wave of popularity for cape shit, shall we?
Captain America - a great supersoldier project vs evil organisation that is running its own private war in an epic WW2 backdrop! Also, they end up punching each other in the end, because that's how you sort this thing and how you resolve the situation
Iron Man - a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist decides to restructurise his company after horrifying experience of captivity; it also involves internal power struggle in his company and fight for the new, genius invention that could make all other sources of power obsolete... and they end it up with two guys in mecha suits punching each other for dominance over the company each of them has a control assets in
Avengers - bunch of supers try to punch each other, but then learn the value of friendship and cooperation to punch aliens from NY sky... ok, this one was god-awful from start to the end
Guardians of Galaxy - a team of complete missfits and oddballs band together against common enemy that is going to destroy/enslave the galaxy... resolved by punching shit out, and also cat fight. This one was also shit from start till end.
Entire Batman movie franchise - a genius billionaire playboy philanthropist wears tights to punch criminals and face wacky enemies, while Everything. Is. So. Fucking. Serious. Also, a lot of nihilistic quips perfectly calibrated for teens age 12-16 to appear deep. This is so bad, words can't even describe it, but saying it aloud still triggers people after over a decade.

Should I continue, or you see where this is going? The genre itself is not helping its own cause. And like I've said, superhero comics are culturally alien to me.
>>
>>52206299
>>52206416
On the other hand, maybe it's the moment when Murtaugh catch-phrase kicks in. Maybe I'm too old for this shit. But I didn't like it when I was 24 and 14, so it might not be the case.
>>
>>52206416
>Guardians of Galaxy - a team of complete missfits and oddballs band together against common enemy that is going to destroy/enslave the galaxy... resolved by punching shit out, and also cat fight. This one was also shit from start till end.
Guardians of the Galaxy was resolved by distracting the bad dude because he was pretty much unstoppable
>>
>>52206585
>All the pointless fights along the story don't count, because I say so
>>
>>52138334
It would help if I knew who the hell is that
>>
>>52206075
Shadow Stalker did nothing wrong
>>
>>52207961
One thing I've always been wondering about, if the emails and text messages Regent leaked to the police while controlling Shadow Stalker (the ones that were proof for the things Sophia and Emma have been doing to Taylor and other shit) were enough to show that Sophia broke her parole and had to go to prison, why didn't they also arrest Emma in the same way considering it also proofed her involvement in the whole thing?
Sure later on Emma got threatened with legal action when she tried to get into Arcadia but that is because the schools principal was involved with the Undersiders, nothing else ever suggested that she'd get punished without corrupt interception despite proof of her guilt.
>>
>>52206416
What do you think of unbreakable?

>>52206608
>pointless fights
Name one
>>
>>52208114
Was emma on parole?
>>
>>52208206
No but surely to break parole you need to do something that would still be considered criminal if a person not on parole did it, or am I wrong?

Though now that I think about it the texts could just as well only have confirmed that Sophia was going out with sharp crossbow bolts or something like that and they really didn't proof anything about Emma.
>>
>>52208114
the whole point of worm is that the only way shit gets done is if you force people to do it. Sophia was a ward and therefore important, but emma was just some girl whose dad was a lawyer. nobody cared about taylor getting bullied; they just did what they felt they had to to sophia to cover their own asses.
>>
>>52208260
>surely to break parole you need to do something that would still be considered criminal
No, you only have to do something that breaks the conditions of your parole, one common condition is that you not be allowed to communicate with other known misfits regardless of that persons legal status.
>>
>>52208170
Unbreakable was the only really, 100% good film by Shyamalan. Not a lucky strike, not a flux, but genuinely good movie.

>Name one
The cat fight? Literal cliche for cliche sake
Thread posts: 333
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.