[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

GW HATE THREAD

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: CM_Banner.png (536KB, 555x292px) Image search: [Google]
CM_Banner.png
536KB, 555x292px
Fuck you GW. Why must you destroy all that is good in the world?
>>
>>52135486
piss off, mate
>>
>>52135486
Copyright law is fucked and there are cases where they would fundamentally forfiet their IP if they DIDN'T violently shoot down any potential infringement. I recall that being the case with that German fan movie, at least, can't recall if it applied to our bets on Duke.
>>
>>52135831
Pretty much this. If I recall correctly, it's some weird article of British copyright law, specifically. GW must actively take measures to protect it's IP or it ceases being protected by law. That's why we occasionally see all kinds of inane bullshit from GW's part, like pressing copyright violation claims on children's books over the word "Space Marine". Since their IP is such an important part of their business, it's better for them, from a legal perspective, to protect it overzealously than to risk losing their rights to it over a technicality.
>>
>>52135831
>>52135921

Can confirm, British copyright requires active protection. If some one else gets away with using a copyrighted property with out permission for an extended period of time before being contested the court basically asks
"The fuck man, don't you care?"

So British companies have to shut things dowm immediately in order to make things easier, otherwise the ensuing legal fee's get worse as the court repeatedly asks: "Why didn't you do this sooner?", something which prolongs the case at best, or the negligence could result in the original copyright holder loosing the dispute at worse.

Also I kinda want to rewatch Damnatus. It was far from perfect but it beate the shit out of that official Ultrasmurf movie in terms if atmosphere.
>>
>>52135486
Hi Hobo.
>>
>>52135486
Ah yes, there will be a great bitchening. A grand exodus of 40k players who pack up and leave because the lore is fucked, or the game is fucked, or their sister got fucked, out whatever. A massive sea of tears over the huge changes in just about everything. It will be like toxins being flushed from your system and a massive outcry bemoaning the new status quo. Threads will be created and hit the bump limit many times a day. Armies will burn (literally).

And it will all be for the best, just like what happened to AoS. And I am so looking forward to it.

Bring it in GW, my body is ready.
>>
"because you touch yourself"
>>
>>52135921
I don't think it's just British either.

Video game companies except Japanese ones also seem to do this all over.
>>
>>52135921
Spots the Space Marine wasn't even based on 40K though like Chapter Master. I don't see how that was even valid. You certainly don't see other companies in the UK sending similar takedown requests.
>>
File: 1306327935883.jpg (69KB, 256x230px) Image search: [Google]
1306327935883.jpg
69KB, 256x230px
>>52135486
>>52135486
They missed out on the minimum amount of 3000 bucks I planned on definitely eventually spending on their products by cancelling Warhammer Fantasy. And that's just one person's shopping list and only the WHF stuff that I wanted. I sure as hell am not gonna buy any 40K anymore either after they've fucked up so badly.

I still want one of the Chaos Warrior boxes and some Death Corps though, but only if I can find them available via third party somewhere. Haven't been lucky on Ebay yet.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.