[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Jojo rpg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 42

File: IMG_2251.jpg (205KB, 550x775px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2251.jpg
205KB, 550x775px
If you were to run a campaign in a Jojo's Bizarre Adventure setting, how would you handle it? I feel like doing something like part 1 with a party going to fight vampires might work but be a bit boring because ripple users mostly fight using similar techniques to each other.
Doing something like part 2 would be mostly the same, with vampires as the common enemy instead of zombies, and the big bad being a pillar man.
However, I have now idea how to handle Stands, because of their unique and overpowered abilities.
>>
Just use savage worlds and the super hero add on. Make some tweaks to for willpower stat and your set
>>
>>52131747
If you're not bullshitting and making it up as you go, you're not adhering to the spirit of Jojo.
>>
File: JojosBizarreAdventure-TheRPG.pdf (1MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JojosBizarreAdventure-TheRPG.pdf
1MB, 1x1px
In fact if you look on the Internet YOU CAN FIND RULES for JJBARPG ...
And their great
>>
>>52131747
The ripple is basically stand powers except there's no limit to them.

If it involves you breathing, and touching something, then it's the ripple.
>>
>>52131880
This
>>
>>52134463
Also its fucking hard coming up with only one power for your stand.

They'd either be too powerful to use every single fight, or too simple, and nothing interesting gets done with them.
>>
Friends had me edit the old 1d100 system that was running around so we could use it in a way that makes more sense to us as filthy d20 players. Dont have the original doc but here's my edits
>>
>>52134539
This is why a good JOJO game needs a great GM that can craft unique encounters that can be alternatively broken/perfect matchups.
>>
File: KILLER QUEEN OF POSITIVE VIBES.gif (925KB, 464x258px) Image search: [Google]
KILLER QUEEN OF POSITIVE VIBES.gif
925KB, 464x258px
>>52134376
That looks pretty good mate, but any ideas on how I would make rules for Hamon? I'd also ask about Vampires, but I don't think that they'd really work with a party.
>>
Mutants and masterminds is always the best choice
>>
File: 1483347199842.jpg (103KB, 800x1204px) Image search: [Google]
1483347199842.jpg
103KB, 800x1204px
Could pic related be a good stand design?
>>
>>52135930
Look in the super stand sunday archives for other systems also. Look for the d100 or the updated d10
>>
>>52131747
>ripple users mostly fight using similar techniques to each other.
I want this meme to end, 2 proved this was wrong and 3 proved that the author had no sense of creativity

Ripple can be 'conducted' by anything organic. Lisa Lisa had a fucking silk scarf she used a s a goddamn fire whip. Zeppeli blew bubbles with the water supercharged with ripple causing them to expload. Joseph threw little wooden clackers.

Ripple has all kinds of applications especially when you take into account it's potential for short burst physical enhancement, you just need to have creativity.
>>
>>52139121
Yes.
>>
File: Part9CharactersRevealed.jpg (107KB, 720x717px) Image search: [Google]
Part9CharactersRevealed.jpg
107KB, 720x717px
>>52139121
>>
>>52139171
This, it should be fun thinking up new abilities, making them better, and thinking up even more ways to use them.
>>
File: JoJo Fate.pdf (449KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
JoJo Fate.pdf
449KB, 1x1px
Here is a FATE hack for JJBA
>>
File: 1485712755244.png (564KB, 423x670px) Image search: [Google]
1485712755244.png
564KB, 423x670px
Name this Stand
>>
>>52131747
>However, I have now idea how to handle Stands, because of their unique and overpowered abilities.
It's really a matter of thinking things through. Really make sure the players understand their abilities and that no one is too overpowered. Player character Stands are generally going to need to be more straightforward while also be versatile (Crazy Diamond, Sticky Fingers), while enemy Stands can work in different ways and offer a challenge so the players can learn new ways to use their Stands. Enemy Stands can be more situational and have more to do with "trapping" the layers (Sugar Mountain's Spring).
>>
>>52140033

White Rabbit
>>
File: ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME.png (395KB, 760x593px) Image search: [Google]
ARE YOU HIDING FROM ME.png
395KB, 760x593px
>>52139972
I'm currently using a hack of this hack to run a cyberpunk Jojo game for two guys, and one of those guys is using it to run a kind of battle tournament Jojo campaign.

I really like Fate because it's a lot of fun and easy to bullshit stuff, and it's just so fucking simple. It's good for Jojo.
>>
>>52131747
I'm planning on running a campaign with this >>52134376 so far it looks like it's gonna be fun. Some of the enemy stands I have created and my friends stands are sweet, half the fun is making up the scenarios
>>
>>52139171
This.
It can also make for a fun campaign if you let the players try to come up with ideas for Ripple techniques if you're big JoJonerds. Hope I can find a campaign like that sometime, still haven't gotten to use a Ripple coin technique.
You could probably fill a entire thread just spitballing ideas for Ripple shit.
>>
>>52139121

The better question is, what would we call it?

>「PAINT IT BLACK」
>「BACK IN BLACK」
>「BLACK HOLE SUN」
>「BLACK DIAMOND」
>「BLACK BETTY」
>「MY BLACK DAHLIA」
> 「BLACKSTAR」
>>
>>52144150
All those names sound way to black.
>>
>>52144150
Those are too direct.
Remember, 「Tower of Gray」 is shaped like a flying insect and 「Superfly」 is shaped like a steel tower.
>>
>>52144150
How about, 「TUNNEL VISION」
>>
>>52144150
[ANTICHRIST TELEVISION BLUES]

Stands should capture the feeling of the song, not the name.
Killer Queen is a perfect example of this.
>>
>>52131747
Part 1 Ripple is simplistic. It's ki by any other name but the main point is that it allows humans to fight vampires.

Part 2 Ripple is just expansion of Part 1 Ripple in that it can be channeled through various media. Joseph's clackers, Caesar's bubbles, and Lisa Lisa's scarf all fundamentally do the same thing but they add character and because their media are different there can be used in different ways that enemies might not expect whereas a straight punch would be an easily outmaneuvered tactic.

Stands take time to really understand what makes for a good or bad one. Stands evolve throughout JoJo too going from the relatively simplistic Part 3 Stands to the rather complex Stands of Part 6. The more you read and watch JoJo the better you'll get a handle on what a good or a bad Stand really is. Best basic advice I can give is that your heroes' Stands should all be versatile, a little simplistic, not too focused. Villain Stands can be narrow in scope because they will only exist for one battle usually. The only exception is the final boss Stand battle. First it must be overtly dangerous in some uncomplicated way. Second the battle should have something to do with time. Third, the final boss battle tends to stack the deck in some way in the villain's favor.

>>52139153
Wushu has been spectacular for my campaign so far.
>>
Help me out with a Stand please. This is a rough draft.

「Under Pressure」
Destructive Power: A
Speed: C
Endurance/Staying: A
Range: E
Precision: C
Developmental Potential: A

Mechanism: 「Under Pressure」brings the points in time between a target's creation and destruction closer and closer together until the two points meet and cancel each other out. Upon this cancellation the target is "reincarnated" into a new state of being based on the positive and negative effects it had on the world. A net positive creates a greater being than once existed while a net negative creates a lesser being. This new being has a new set of points of creation and destruction which symmetrically diverge in time from that point.

When「Under Pressure」uses its mechanism the shifting of creation and destruction affects the time surrounding the target both when initiated and when completed.
>>
>>52144853
Feeling of the song, themes in the lyrics, even outright references to the lyrics. Album covers can also serve as inspiration.

I think two underlooked aspects of Stand creation are how a Stand and its User should form a cohesive whole and how Stands ultimately are storytelling devices. A Stand and its User should complement each other in ways related to theme, motifs, and more music references. Second, a Stand should tell a new and different story from all of the others. Highway Star is nothing like Bad Company which is nothing like Harvest etc. They all told different stories about different characters. These qualities are exactly what makes them so cool and so stimulating to the imagination rather than just being random song names paired with random superpowers as they seem to be at first glance.
>>
>>52145727
What the fuck. I mean, I get trying be unique, but this is something else.
>>
>>52145679
Yeah you pretty much said it the best way possible

Anyways, here's one of my main antagonist's stand

Name: F. Gordon
Stand name: We are the Champions
Ability: make weaker copies of main stand
Stats:
Precision B
Power B
Speed A
Learning A
Durability C (each copy is weaker and takes more damage)
Range: D, 2 metres for each copy
Requiem: new ability, "Princes of the universe" 4 different color copies of original stand, when they encircle foe(s) they neutralize their stand ability and paralyze the user(s) that is encircled
>>
>>52139171
Araki switched to Stands because they are a simpler means to give whatever powers he wanted a charter to have. Furthermore Stands allowed him to cut loose with his art in ways that Ripple/Vampires stifled his artistic creativity. Finally Stands gave Araki just the element that would make JoJo truly different from its contemporaries. Ripple would ultimately be a dead end because it would only turn JJBA into Dragonball's weirdo kid brother with better art.
>>
>>52145894
It started with wanting a final boss Stand (i.e. something to do with time), then thinking about the lyrics, and then it hit me: karma and reincarnation.

This also involves a pug dog named Bowie. The PCs think Bowie's owner is sending hitmen to kill them and retrieve the dog but Bowie was actually a crime boss who is a victim of this Stand.
>>
>>52146040
oh well now it makes more sense, the way you described it make it sound overtly complicated
>>
>>52144150
「VELVET UNDERGROUND」
「KING KUNTA」
「CAPTAIN BEYOND」
>>
>>52140033
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WANNqr-vcx0

[WHITU RABBITO]

Power: C
Speed: B
Range: D
Durability: D
Precision: B
Potential: B

[WHITU RABBITO] gives the stand user the power to alter others perception of time around him, though not time itself. It can make time seem to slow to a crawl, allowing the user to appear to react instantly to threats, or drastically speed up the perception of time, causing events to unfold so quickly enemies do not have time to think let alone react.
>>
>>52144853
>Stands should capture the feeling of the song, not the name.
>Killer Queen
>Song lyrics literally talk about explosions
>killer queens power is blowing shit up
>>
>>52144150
I like Paint it Black or Blackhole Sun DESU. It should drain the happiness and color from it's victims via touch, leaving them as literal greyscales filled with regret and despair. The stand user manipulates it to lash out at those they feel are 'too happy' out of their own jealousy and sorrow.
>>
File: jojoshitpost.png (800KB, 748x482px) Image search: [Google]
jojoshitpost.png
800KB, 748x482px
>>52131747
Currently running a game set in a small Nevada town called Consequence. The game takes place in the 70's.

Basic premise is back during the gold rush, a small mining town popped up in the middle of Nevada. Miners dug too deep and opened up a natural underwater cavern. Old town collapsed into it and mostly everyone died. New town sprung up around new large water source and named itself Consequence because greed is bad and the population is mostly Mormon. The underwater cavern is linked to Native American legend with it being a pool of rebirth and souls. Nobody likes being near the lake for too long.

If you are in the lake and no one's eyes are upon you, the souls will try and claim you. If you are worthy, a soul will "rebirth" itself into the mortal realm and be bound to you as a STANDO. If you aren't worthy you then drown with no escape, buddy.

Bad guys are going to be a Mormon doomsday cult that have achieved Stands from the lake. They are a mix between Mormonism and some pagan American beliefs.
>>
>>52145945
>with better art.
Early araki just had a half assed Fist of the North star style. Toriyama at least could make some pretty charming cartoony designs. Hell, even current araki makes humans look like samefaced aliens
>>
>>52148743
More than just about bombs.
>A built-in remedy
>Well versed in etiquette
>Extraordinarily nice
>Gunpowder, gelatine
>Dynamite with a laser beam
>Guaranteed to blow your mind
>Insatiable an appetite
>To avoid complications
>She never kept the same address
>Fastidious and precise
>Then momentarily out of action
>Temporarily out of gas
>To absolutely drive you wild, wild..
>She's all out to get you

Not to mention Bites the Dust's lyrics also apply. Kira's song names have layers, but Killer Queen's tone is like a tightrope walk between savagery within etiquette, which KQ's design evokes really well.
>>
File: image.jpg (354KB, 1650x1275px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
354KB, 1650x1275px
>>52131747
Currently wrapping up a campaign using a heavily modified version of the d100 system.
One of the PCs is about to get revenge on his father for killing his mother. (And another PC's brother)
The dad's stand is named 「The Wall」, which is a giant, immovable, indestructible, object.

Pic related, stupid title card I made for the campaign.
>>
File: 1461265155611.gif (193KB, 320x180px) Image search: [Google]
1461265155611.gif
193KB, 320x180px
>>52134539
To be fair, a lot of the really interesting Stands in Jojo are the ones that DO only have one ability but it's an ability with enough applications that even the user may not know their actual power for some time.
>>
>>52148701
Best answer possible.
>>
File: Stand.jpg (124KB, 1073x700px) Image search: [Google]
Stand.jpg
124KB, 1073x700px
How about this Stand?
>>
Btw, the anons in the super stand sunday threads started making a stand archive.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/12Sr-zwkAho-hJcp4oiy-OAJwqW3Qi7F2fCSGjekEXQs
>>
>>52148743
The title of the song isn't "Half-Naked Pink Cat Man", is it?
The lyrics of the song reference KQ's power. What >>52144150 was trying to do with the word "black" was pick song titles that directly describe the most obvious aspect of a stand's appearance, and that's almost never done.
>>
>>52144150
Short-Skirt Long-Jacket
>>
>>52145727
>That Ability
Araki is that you?
>>
>>52144150
Needs some new wave song, like New order.
>>
Stupid stand I thought would be funny to have in a campaign

「Funky Music」

Power: E
Speed: E
Precision: E
Durability: B
Potential: B

A needlessly complicated looking boombox that has all the components needed to play any form of musical media including vinyl records, micro SD cards, and even player piano reels. The front of the boombox has a back-lit screen with 7 buttons next to it: up, down, select, back, info, and shuffle.

「Funky Music」has the staggering ability to grant the user a copy of any stand in the jojo universe, and many more. However, the stand can only grant the user a specific stand if he finds a copy of the song/album the stand's name references, places it inside 「Funky Music」, and plays the song on the boombox. The user is granted a stand for the duration of the song that corresponds to it, at which point the stand vanishes and becomes unusable for 24 hours. While 「Funky Music」 can hold an unlimited amount of music at a time, it cannot act on its own, forcing the user to browse through his collection of music randomly

>Other details about the ability for the sake of autism

Pressing "info" causes 「Funky Music」to display information about the stand the song/album corrisponds to, but only if the user has used that song on the boombox before

Playing a pirated or damaged piece of media results in a notably weaker version of the stand

Damaging the boombox, or taking it away from the user recalls the copied stand
>>
>>52157624
Forgot one more stupid detail

>if the user plays a copy of "Play that Funky Music White Boy" on 「Funky Music」, it spontaneously combusts.
>>
Guess I'll join in the Stand making autism
「Cake By The Ocean」
Power: B
Precision: D
Range: B
Potential: A
A stand that takes the form of a cross between an astronaut and an old-fashioned diver, 「Cake By The Ocean」, often shortened to 「CBTO」, is a punchghost with the ability to freeze water. Not freeze as in turn into ice, but freeze as in turn completely still, much like how Kraftwerk can freeze objects. Water frozen by 「CBTO」 cannot be moved unless the user wills it to continue its motion or it reaches body temperature, at which point, it will "melt" back into its normal state.
>>
[Cadillac Blood]

Power B
Speed B
Precision A
Range E
Durability B
Potential A

A humanoid punchghost stand that takes the form of an Ancient Aztech themed pro-wrestler draped in cloaks of feathers, and with the head of a tyrannosaurus. It moves rather fast and with reasonable strength, but when coated in oil of some sort (canola, vegitable, olive, motor, gasolene might work) it becomes faster, stronger, and bulletproof.

Wield by the angry short order cook stand user Trick Daddy Gutter.
>>
Name: 「Sweet Death」

Appearance: A lavender coloured humanoid resembling an angel, with lilac wings and navy blue goat horns. They are wearing robes that mostly cover their lower body, which is rarely seen, revealing a somewhat muscular body.
(If you're struggling to picture this, for a vague approximation visualise a cross between Star Platinum and Devil Kazuya from Tekken.)

Effect: The stand's victim slowly but surely remembers everything that they regret having done. This may range from having harmed someone to simply having said something foolish. They will then calmly and gladly come to accept that they deserve misfortune in repentance for their actions, to a degree relative to the volume of their regrets; where someone who only remembers a few stupid comments made during their childhood will only consent to being slapped a few times before they start to lose patience, a long-time member of organised crime can have his life derailed and take it with a smile. This effect is far less effective against other stand users.
>>
>>52155583
That might be the most flattering comment a Stand could receive.
>>
>>52135930
Well if you check their

...reddit...

You could find more ressource. They've even done the spin if I remember correctly.
>>
>>52139121
Depends of user's mentality.
I mean all black can mean A LOT of things
(death, bad mood, depression, sophistication, and MANY other thing)
>>
OH MY GOD
ALSO PLEASE EVERY PERSON IN THIS THREAD :
This is about rules and not posting shitty stand OK ?
>>
>>52152422
This. The best Stands are the ones with one power but a lot of applications. Crazy Diamond is my favorite Jojo Stand because it's got a simple enough ability, but it gets interesting once you get creative in the application of that ability. The last fight of Part 4 was great because it was built upon everything that Josuke learned while staying grounded in the basic principles of his Stand's single ability.
>>
>>52158727
This plus Civil War.
>>
File: image.png (503KB, 600x825px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
503KB, 600x825px
>>52159298
Nigga, it's a jojo thread on /tg/. What else would you expect?

Although I wish I could talk about the system my group is developing, but we still have a few things that need refining
>>
>>52159441
I can't help but feel like that's gonna end up with someone getting Highway to Hell'd.
>>
Name: 「Not My Love」

Appearance: Resenbles a stereotypical pinstripe gangster, with a trilby and a Geordi La Forge style visor.

Effect: The user designates a non-stand user as the victim. While the effect is active, only stand users and the victim can see the user. Any actions taken by the user during this time will appear to be the result of a series of coincidences caused by the stand. For example, if the user closes an open door, 「Not My Love」 will generate a gust of wind that will appear to have caused the door to slam shut.
(If you do not understand, imagine 「Bites The Dust」with Final Destination type powers.)
>>
「Nothing Wrong With Me」: automatic stand, unable to attack. Takes the form of a transparent humanoid with a fishing net outline.

-First form, named [One: Nothing Wrong With Me]. As the user takes damage, the damaged part "appears" on the Stand. The user feels no pain from the damaged parts but is still affected by them. Should the user be killed, he revives by "popping" out of the stand.

-Second form, named [Two: Nothing Wrong With Me]. The Stand is able to "engulf" the user. In this state, the user is not affected by injuries and nullifies any negative status effects from other stands.

-Third form, named [Three: Nothing Wrong With Me]. The Stand gains the ability [Let The Bodies Hit The Floor]. The Stand is able to stab its user and absorb his life energy, which makes the Stand grow in size/musculature and kills the user in the process. Another user immediately pops out of the Stand, and the process can be done a maximum of 3 times in a row. Once it reaches its maximum, the next user that pops out takes the size/musculature of the Stand and is at the peek of human physical performance. Should the user die, the state is reversed and the process must start from the beginning to regain its power.

- Fourth form, named [Something's Gotta Give]: THOUGHTS BECOME MATTER. THAT WHICH IS NOT DEAD MAY ETERNALLY HIT THE FLOOR, AND IN STRANGER EONS, EVEN GOOD TASTE, SONGS COULD IGNORE.
>>
Name: 「 Who Sold The World」

Appearence: The stand has no set physical form, but may inhabit any staircase as designated by the user. The staircase will appear to glow a with an aura of deep burgundy to any stand user that approaches it during this time. When the stand is entering the staircase, a silhouette of the user may be seen diving inside.

Effect: When the user stands on the bottom step of the staircase, a silhouette of their self exactly half of their lifespan ago will appear to
walk down from the top step and descend it. If the user and their silhouette touch, the sum of their personal property's worth will become that of their past selves. If this is a net profit, they will come into good fortune until they have the correct sum; if this is a net loss, the opposite will occur. The possessions can be both tangible and abstract; things such as favours, health and moral fibre are also counted. The only criteria is that it is the user's; for example, their child self will not count as owning their home, but their 'having a home' as opposed to 'being homeless' will be taken into account.
>>
Name: 「 The Fear

Appearence: A mirror, roughly the size of an elevator wall, with an ornate silver frame that is beautifully engraved with vines.

Effect: The stand does not reflect the real world, but the user's deepest opinions of the world in physical form. If a person other than the user looks at their own reflection in the mirror, they will slowly become what it reflected. For example, if someone who the user thinks is wicked looks into the stand's reflection, they might become a fairytale witch in mind and body. The victim does not need to do so intentionally; for example, if they are looking at something that the stand has been placed in front of, the stand's effect will still trigger.
>>
Name: 「 Silver Hammer

Appearence: The stand appears as several test tube that orbit the user's head like a halo. These tubes fill with green liquid in accordance with how much power the stand currently has.

Effect: The stand's level of power is dependent on the user's level of dissatisfaction with their current state of life. When the user takes an aggressive action that goes against their current lifestyle, the act delivers a corrosive effect to everything effected by it, with an intensity depending on the stand's current power and the surface area of the effect. For example, where a punch hitting someone the user blames their dissatisfaction on would likely be lethal, a scream of rage and despair would somewhat damage everything within earshot.
>>
Name: 「 Technologic」

Appearence: A white skeleton covered in thin grey wires with a green light glowing in it's left eye and a red light glowing in the right.

Effect: The stand can see every stage in an object's life, and move it to any stage by touching it. For example, if it touches a phone that is doomed to be break from falling into water, it can move it to a time where it is waterlogged. If it touches a computer that has installed malware that the user wishes to remove, it can revert the computer a time before it is infected.
>>
>>52159441
, .i. ba , .
>>
>>52152422
Miracles is best stando.
>>
Name: 「 Time Of Your Life

Appearence: The stand appears as a golden moon hanging over the head of it's victim.

Effect: The stand's victim feels immense envy over anything they would usually aspire to, and act on it in a self destructive manner. For example, if someone who would like to be a little skinnier sees a thin person, they may enter a period of self-imposed anorexia.
>>
>>52161071
Anon this shit is starting to become more confusing than fucking King Crimson.
Can you explain it a bit more simply?
>>
>>52157624
So what about it is funny? I get the music references, but that's Sunset Overdrive levels of winking to the audience.
>>
File: FraggleRock-DoozerPortrait03.jpg (496KB, 1400x1120px) Image search: [Google]
FraggleRock-DoozerPortrait03.jpg
496KB, 1400x1120px
Here's one I used in my campaign. It was lots of fun.

「Love Shack」
Destructive Power: C
Endurance/Staying: C
Range: A
Developmental Potential: D

Mechanism: After the User makes contact with a target,「Love Shack」manifests inside the target's body and starts to transform them into a building of some sort. The target's body parts all start to transform into construction materials as if they were part of a house or similar building.

Once the body is almost entirely transformed, a second phase begins in which the body grows to the size of a building and is contorted and warped to take on the appropriate shape of one. A target can move during Phase 1 with limits based on bodily materials but they lose autonomy as Phase 2 takes effect. As the target grows so does「Love Shack」until it reaches human size.

Upon reaching the final stages of the metamorphosis into a building,「Love Shack」transforms the victim's heart into a large bomb that can be exploded for demolition on command.
>>
>>52139972
This is what I plan to run although I have a question. What does Stand Range as a stat do in this system? I understand Range in JJBA to be one of two things, the maximum range the stand can manifest outside of the user, or the range of the abilities granted by the stand. It's not consistent between each parts like between 4 and 5 where Range is the former type and stuff like [Echoes Act 1] and [The Lock] have A range and can appear very far away. But in Part 5 Metallica has a range of C but only appears inside the users body, however the stand's magnetic abilities exist a dozen or so meters around the user.

So before I start hacking this up, can anyone explain what the Range number does in actual play or should I just treat it as The stands overall effective radius?
>>
>>52131747
I'd use something with a point-buy system, but have every player build two characters, one lower-point character for "them", and one higher (much higher, maaybe) character for their Stands. Then slap together some rules on how to moderate using the Stand (Something like a power stat, with an energy reserve, and possibly go into the detail to flesh out the details of how a particular character gets theirs running).
>>
>>52164133
If you are rich at 24, and walk up a staircase, you will become rich when you were 12 as well, altering fucking time.

Frankly, I'm tired of time-affecting Stands being involved in final bosses.
>>
>>52165057
Yeah me to that's why my final boss has the ability to control other people and another guy who duicates his stand with some other abilities that involve duplicating
>>
>>52139972
I'm not usually a huge fan of FATE, because while it does everything at the end of the day you're still playing FATE, but it is honestly one of the better systems for JoJo.
>>
(The Night) [Chicago Died]

Range: C
Potential: D
[Chicago Died] takes the form of a large muscular, square jawed humanoid figure with a stylized police uniform, complete with a domed helmet that casts a shadow over most of its face- and the rest is dominated by a large handlebar mustache. In [Chicago Died]s chest is a miniature a jailcell, which can only be opened by the stand itself, and is used in its power.

A standard 'punch ghost' [Chicago Died] has one power, [Forces of the Law] centered around shutting down enemy stands. This Stand can essentially negate and imprison other stands if it can subdue them. Enemy stands are defeated, wrapped in glowing chains and cuffs, and then shrunk and imprisoned in the jailcell in [Chicago Died]s chest. The stands are then trapped, separated from their users until released or the stand user is killed.

This Stand belongs to G-Man Elliott Ness, who is leading a special taskforce known as The Untouchables in 1920s Chicago to oppose the criminal enterprise of Al 'Scarface' Capone and his stand using syndicate that rules Chicago from the shadows with an iron fist.
>>
Been thinking of running a JoJo campaign where they see the main antagonist a few times in stand battles, and they see that the stand seems to literally have no weaknesses, A in every stat, and seems to develop new powers on the fly to suit the situation.
The stand saves them a few time from mutual threats to show off how unbelievably OP this stand is
「Pure Imagination」
Destructive Power: E
Durability: E
Developmental Potential: C
Ability: Memory Addition
every time they "saw" the stand before it was just an implanted memory the BBEG put in them during the final battle

is this a good idea?
>>
File: 1db.png (141KB, 552x325px) Image search: [Google]
1db.png
141KB, 552x325px
Bare with me lads because I'm not sure how well I can explain this stand, I'm calling its power Non Euclidean Geometric Perspective Manipulation.

「Journey」
Endurance: C
Precision: A
Potential: A

Imagine there are two staircases beside each other, unconnected from each other, but the stand is far away and from its angle of perspective the two are one. The user could then walk up one staircase, and when he reaches the top he would transport to the bottom of the second.
If the stand was to look at the user through a glass of water, the user could swim through the air.
If the stand were to look at the user from a birds eye view, then hills and buildings would appear to be on the same plane, allowing the user to walk over the air like flat land and effectively teleport onto the tops of buildings.

I imagine there are near infinite applications for this stand that I am yet to think of.
>>
>>52168514
So the entire campaign takes place in the character's memory?
>>
>>52168726
Uses I thought of for your stand: (assuming I understand the ability correctly)

>move stand so user is more in the "foreground" than his opponent
>user appears bigger than opponent
>user steps on opponent, squishing him

>user has gun
>user can't see enemy
>enemy behind nearby corner
>stand is off to the side
>user shoots gun directly in front of him
>enemy dies

>user needs to get through locked door
>small gap under door
>put comically large lens in front of stand's eyes
>gap now looks huge
>therefore it is
>user crawls through

>you know the close-one-eye-and-pinch-someone's-head trick?
>this stand can do that
>for reals
>>
>>52170092
Yeah you understand it, looking at your ideas I'm starting to think that an enemy with this stand would be impossible to deal with if they can use it to it's fullest potential
>>
>>52168514
I think this would be a really cool twist for a campaign. I would also keep a log of what actually happened vs. what the players thought happened, because I know I would be curious about that if I was playing in that game.
>>
>>52170176
I wouldn't say impossible. The stand relies heavily on environmental features and positioning. A smart opponent could lure and lock him into a featureless room, forcing the fight onto a more even playing field.

I usually gauge how OP a stand is by mentally facing them against one of the PCs in my campaign. He essentially wields "Sub-par Platinum", which has good speed and precision, but nothing else. However, its user is the fucking smart, and he uses his supernatural ability of abusing rules and noticing the obvious to wreck face. And I think he would be able to find a way to stop [Journey]
>>
So I've been wanting to run a Cold War JoJo game, where both sides have access to Stand discs and powerful Stands are another (top secret) element in the arms race alongside nuclear weapons.

There would be three basic categories of Stand involved. Stands with incredibly powerful destructive potential would be a straight analog to nuclear weapons, and are obviously in. With Stands being a known quantity by some governments, though, ones with subtler powers that could be used for economic or political purposes would also be important strategic resources.. Finally, the rest of the Stands would be assigned to agents on various covert ops (or if their powers were really dubious, perhaps some kind of R&D?)

I figure most of the campaign would be dealing with newly awakened Stand users in 3rd world countries, where the two major powers can fight proxy battles between their Stand users, with the occasional operation in enemy territory to retrieve or sabotage one of their notable Stands.
>>
>>52171149
Sounds pretty neat. Suggestion: maintain that Stand Users are still something of a secret club. Normals are almost completely unaware of Stands, Stand battles, or that Stand Users are anyone of note. The governments of involved countries in your campaign have a far more mundane idea of what's going on. Any Stand Users in any government are thought to be doing mundane, conventional things as their duties rather than anything involving Stands.
>>
>>52164133
>>52165057
Sorry, I should have been more clear. I was pretty tired when I wrote this, which might explain where such a strange effect came from.

To put it another way, it judges the amount of 'goodness' in your past self's life, and slowly changes the amount in your present self's life to be of the same value. It judges all goodness, so while having lots of money counts as good fir the purposes of the effect, being content and happy about your current life also counts as good. Taken to the extreme, this means that a buddhist monk that owns very few things but feels as if they are closer to enlightenment because of it might have a similar number of 'goodness points' to a billionaire who is severely depressed, as far as the stand is concerned.

Because of this, the stand might not actually help the user the way you might expect. For example, imagine that the user becomes homeless and tries using the stand with the intention of getting new housing and some compensation. It's entirely possible that they will get nothing for their trouble, but will instead come to embrace and enjoy the life of a drifter where they can; as far as the stand is concerned, that is equally as good as having a home, and consider the job to be completed.
>>
>>52172295
This. Everyone affiliated with a 'stand department' is sworn to secrecy where anything related to stands or their applications in the department are concerned.

Bonus points if both countries' leaders are unaware of stands as well, and they are trying to figure out why people the men in black keep giving titles like 'unparalleled assassin', 'experimental weapon tester' and 'legendary tactician' all seem to go through the little black door marked 'Department S.'

Maybe have a subplot with a Hot Pants-type stand user trying to reach them through their many stand using bodyguards in an attempt to covertly share the secret, perhaps with them having noticed the Hot Pants' efforts and trying to help give them openings to meet.
>>
Alright, let's see how this Stand looks.
[Everybody wants to rule the World] (or just [Rule the World] I guess)
Autonomous, swarm-type Stand a la Harvest or Bad Company. It's appearance resembles small, humanoid figures with cameras or microphones on their heads.
It's ability allows it to find people who are thinking about its user, or who are planning/aiming to act against the user, and listen to their thoughts. As long as one of the humanoids has been listening in, every one of them knows of what was said, and the user can ask them about what they've heard.

Thoughts?
>>
>>52131747
i have thought about that a bit, and i have come to the conclusion, that pretty much the only way to do stands properly is with a lot of hand waving.
create some guidelines for your players to define their powers (strengths, weaknesses, detailed mechanics etc). An average human would pose little to no threat to stand users, so enemies would be mostly stand users as well, i was thinking 1-2 enemy stands per session.
The fun would be in figuring out first that the players are actually under attack, this might not be a trivial step, depending on the stands involved. then the players will have to figure out how to beat the enemy. Again, there would be little room for very strictly defined rules and mechanics, instead the rules of individual stands would dominate the game.
Not an easy premise for RPG purposes, but could be extremely fun if the players and GM are not too stuck up and rules-lawyerish.
>>
>>52162425

Name: 「Technologic Requiem」

Appearence: It has gained electronic joints, making it now appear more like the chassis of an animatronic contraption rather than a biological skeleton. It retains the wires wrapped around it, which now additionally form a cape of sorts, with many singular wires dangling from it's shoulders down to the waist. Where the stand is usually silent, in this form it can be heard quietly humming to itself while it is doing something; the noise of this vaguely resembles that of a high pitched whirring blender.

Effect: It can now see and use metaphysical attributes of the object from throughout it's existence, as well as it's physical state. For example, the stand user looks at a chandelier, and sees that it will at some point fall as someone walks underneath it, killing them. The user may then move the chandelier to it's state just beforehand and carry over the attribute 'will fall and crush the next person to walk below it,' turning the decoration into a trap.
>>
>>52173087
While that's a sensible conclusion, it seems like that would be hard to do without somebody treating their stand like a very limited time wizard. Mind you though, it's not as if hamon didn't end up being treated as a time wizard power...
>>
>「Master of Puppets」
>Destructive Power: E
>Speed: B
>Endurance: A
>Precision: A
>Range: B
>Potential: D

「Master of Puppets」 appears as a small humanoid Stand resembling a wooden puppet, it has what appears to be spools of thread or wire making up part of its biceps, forearms, waist, thighs, and shins. Each thread can be sent out to control an individuals motor functions, the more threads on an individual the more precise and powerful the control. Interestingly the user rarely makes use of its ability to control others preferring to use it on himself as he is suffers from total body paralysis, as such he uses 「Master of Puppets」 to allow himself to interact with the world around him and the more he tries to control others the less control he has of his own body if he tries to control the maximum 9 people he will be completely helpless
>>
>>52144323
Well tower of gray was named for the tarot card it represented. In what day does star platinum look like a star? The point still stands with Superfly though
>>
>>52131747
I posted this a while ago in a similar Jojo thread but it still applies now.

Did a Jojo game using a nWoD homebrew with a similar villain but he was a mix of Yoshikage Kira and Adachi from Persona 4 but with an obsession with movies. His stand was 「Prime Time of Your Life」or PTYL (pronounced Petal) which looked like a 80's female humanoid with a single red eye visor on the top of her face similar to that of Tali mixed with HAL9000 but the bottom of her face was human with porcelain skin and shiny ruby red lips and wore a black and red dress suit with shoulderpads. Her visor opened up to reveal a VHS cassette slot with a projector lens above it.

It's power 「Television Rules the Nation」was that if it's user put a movie into its slot then it could start to warp reality to match the set/theme of the movie. It's range was wide (the size of the school grounds) but the power took time to take effect. Slowly people would start to act like characters in the movie with the area fizzling out with static and VHS scan lines to be replaced with with objects, clothing, etc that fit the setting. Most non-stand users were oblivious to the changes and just assumed their roles in the movie. After the movie was done playing, the area would reset and most people sans Stand Users and those with high willpower would forget what happened. The hook was that the user was a sadist that enjoyed having the school switch into movie settings like Nightmare on Elm Street, The Faculty, Friday the 13, etc. By using his power he could have all the horror tropes of not calling the police, dead phone lines, etc. The user would let people die during the movie but could bring them back to life during the reset or make people forget about them entirely after the power ends.

Later on the villain gets an upgrade to splice scenes from movies that share genres to create up to a 2 hour runtime of their own custom movie. [Daftendirekt]
>>
Man, I'd love to play in a JoJo campaign sometime.
>>
>>52164685
I'd just treat it as effective radius.
>>
>>52171149
>>52172295
>>52172965

Honestly, I've been thinking about a military style Jojo story for a while. Cold War sounds fantastic, like a really flamboyant version of Tinker, Tailor, Soldier, Spy.

Personally I had a thought of combining elements of jojolion and metal gear solid/rising. Amnesiac soldier wakes up in a spoopy abandoned hospital, realises he has a sweet new power, starts trying to figure out what the fuck is going on. Ends up working with a ragtag bunch of survivors from a military stand program to try and bring down the corrupt military.

Like, imagine if Okuyasu's brother/Kira's dad's "give everyone stands" plans were a government initiative, and enemy Stand users were characters like Sundowner.

In other news, I'm in a campaign myself with some folks online: "Speedwagon Academy", where a significant fraction of the student body are Stand users. Still only about 5%, but it's a big school. The Academy is a high school in Australia's remote jungle, built by the Foundation to educate the world's finest, and keep tabs on young Stand users. Interestingly, a lot of students have started developing them after attending...

I've mentioned my character and Stand before: Joey Malone and his [Rebel Yell]. It's a robot made of bricks and fire that can turn things into graffiti by squishing them against a surface. It's basically a form of pocket dimension that Joey can store things in; he uses it to stash snacks around the school. In combat, [Rebel Yell] is punchghost stats, quick and strong. Reasonably durable, but keeping too many things graffiti'd takes some mental effort. He can also store people, who feel nothing and act as if time has stopped. Joey himself doesn't like actually hurting people all that much, but has a temper that has - on occasion - gotten people hurt.

I could talk about some other Stands in the campaign if y'all want.
>>
>>52171149
Do you have any stands for the game yet?
>>
>>52173366
i mean yeah, but just have your players submit their stand descriptions and clear rules in advance, so you as a GM can then make sure nobody oversteps.
>>
>>52173087
This is why I like using Wushu. I think games like PDQ, Risus, a Fudgier Fate, are next suited to JoJo. That said, I'm going to give octaNe a whirl for my next campaign.
>>
>>52175686
Storytimes keep these threads anchored to this board. Proceed.
>>
>>52177112
But also have a rule that you get away with bullshitting the GM as long as they don't notice you're doing it, to symbolise Araki's forgetfulness. They can try more minor stuff, like how Gold Experience had damage reflection for a bit, but if they're feeling ballsy they can just straight rewrite how the stand works, like how Heaven's Door is really different during it's debut.
>>
>>52177462
I do the converse by expecting consistency and creativity but being receptive to sufficiently amusing ass-pulls.
>>
File: wonderwall.jpg (634KB, 2988x3633px) Image search: [Google]
wonderwall.jpg
634KB, 2988x3633px
Stand Name: 「Wonderwall」

Ability: 「Wonderwall」Has the power to enhance the 「function」 of anything it possesses, whatever that 「function」 may be. Knives will become sharper, cars will drive faster, etc. It can be used on other stands to enhance that stands ability. It may be used on humans, but each person's 「function」 is different and not up to them, for instance its user's 「function」 is playing guitar. When possessing a target its white body enters that object, if it is humanoid it will wear the helmet and gloves, if it is not, they will simply float nearby the object. Damage done to a possessed object will harm the user as if it were his stand.

Power: D
Durability: C
Learning: D
>>
>>52177462
>>52177561
yeah, you can't really have jojo without some form of asspull capacity.
>>
File: juke box hero.jpg (68KB, 796x960px) Image search: [Google]
juke box hero.jpg
68KB, 796x960px
I have been making stands for all my friends, partly just for fun and partly in the desperate hope that we'll use them in a game someday.
This was mine, kinda boring but it matches me and was designed for a team scenario.

Durability: -
Ability: 「Juke Box Hero」is entirely unable to be effected by any other stand, although its user is just a susceptible as anything else.
>>
File: demon dayz.jpg (2MB, 2924x3840px) Image search: [Google]
demon dayz.jpg
2MB, 2924x3840px
>>52177871
Learning: B
Ability: 「Demon Days」 can control how flammable things within its range are, though it cannot create fire itself.
>>
Currently working on a stand idea called「Wasted Daylight」where the ability is that it can create different ways to "waste time".
The user could use this ability to make various time wasters like, say, video games, books, etc.
But if he was in a fight, he could make a swarm of bees to waste the time of people trying to get at him because they have to deal with the bees. Another example would be, he could make a tree block the street so that the opponents would have to either go over, around, or through said tree.

Don't have the stats yet because I wanted to finish fleshing out the ability
>>
File: kiss from a rose.jpg (2MB, 2963x3825px) Image search: [Google]
kiss from a rose.jpg
2MB, 2963x3825px
>>52178089
Ability: 「Kiss From A Rose」 is a tiny seed, but once the user gets it into someone's body via a wound or orifice, it will start to drain them of energy, growing vines which the user can control throughout the target's body. The faster the target expends energy, the faster the vines will grow.
>>
>>52178408
I'd see this more as an enemy Stand than a player one. I can even envision scenarios where the main characters would have to deal with it while using as little energy as possible to combat it.
>>
File: drive 55.jpg (1MB, 2988x5312px) Image search: [Google]
drive 55.jpg
1MB, 2988x5312px
>>52178089
Name:「Drive 55」

Speed: A
Learning: C
Ability: It's hollow fingertips are connected to the exhaust vents on its back. 「Drive 55」can accelerate anything within the pipework inside it. Primarily this is used on air to create powerful wind or suction, but any small object can be placed inside to use as a projectile. It can also fly by projecting the air out of its back, normally stands can only fly relative to their user, but because it uses the physical air as a means of propulsion it can pull its user along with it as it flies.
>>
>>52177871
>>52178089
>>52178408
>>52178661
I like the designs. They look pretty good. I've been trying to do something similar for my friends but I have little to no artistic ability when it comes to putting pencil to paper.
>>
File: number of the beast.jpg (514KB, 1372x1936px) Image search: [Google]
number of the beast.jpg
514KB, 1372x1936px
>>52178689
Thank you, I'm a pretty mediocre artist but I've seen a noticeable improvement since starting this project, just having something I'm excited to sit down and work on drawing is the best thing to get me practice.
>>52178654
They're created with a "what would John's stand be?" mentality, but yes, many of my friends have much more villainous stands than heroic. For example:

Name:「Number of the Beast」

Ability: 「Number of the Beast」is a canine stand, and when it has all four paws on the ground, it can change the form of any earth within its range, changing it back and forth between dirt, rock, sand, concrete, mud, or even lava.
>>
>>52179044
I actually really like the concept of that Stand. Your art, as you say, is a little rough, but the design ideas and the abilities all seem solid.
>>
>>52177410
SO far, we have:
Chiara Scuro and [Kodachrome]
Calvin Haley and [Rock Around the Clock]
Jude Kriyot and [DVNO]
Oscar Foule and [Never Be Alone]
Sofia Love and [Space Oddity]
Eileen Wryzykowski and [Midnight Runner]
Rhue Bell and [Radar Love]
Navroz Dosanjh and [Star Spangled Banner]
Nils Kasparian and [Alice in Chains]

And thats about it for active characters. Who do you want to know about first?

(The reason the list is so long is cause everyone's allowed two to encourage variety, it's a pretty loose RP. No, none of that list are mine, my second character isn't really set in stone yet)

>>52177871
[Juke Box Hero] is the Stand of a minor PC, actually - Nadir, whose Stand is a pair of gloves that let him become a master with anything he holds with them, but only while he holds it. Once he puts it down, he can never use his Stand on that kind of object again.
>>
>>52179852
>Woah Woah Nadir put down the gun!
>I can't.
>>
>>52179969
No, he can put stuff down, it's just that his Stand is a one-shot deal. If he holds a gun while wearing his Stand, after about 15 minutes he'll be a world-class marksman, right up until he puts down the gun. If he wants to be good at stuff after that, he has to do it the hard way.
>>
>>52179044
>wears shirts with pre-ripped armpits for easy posing
This guy has his priorities in order.
>>
>>52179044
A few more that haven't been drawn yet.

「Girls on film」
A female humanoid stand with hands covering her eyes and ears.
Ability: If anyone observes 「Girls on film」, whatever sense was used to observe it is stolen and given to its user, i.e. if someone sees it, they go blind and its user's sight become twice as acute, If they hear it they go deaf, etc. This ability also applies to pictures or recordings of 「Girls on film」

「Big E Smalls」
A shriveled humanoid without feet with a sideways eye for a head.
Ability: While 「Big E Smalls」 is very weak, if it ever touches another stand, it drains half that stands power, speed and durability and adds it to what little it had already, growing into an enormous musclebound brawler. It can only use this ability on one stand at a time.

「Ocean Man」
A slow fat-bellied humanoid
Ability: 「Ocean Man」has domain over 「falsehood」, if it's user asks a direct question and someone gives an answer that the user knows for a fact is false, 「Ocean Man」may grab them and instantly whisk them away to a random location anywhere on the globe.
>>
>>52180068
Right, so he can't put it down or he'll never be a master marksman again, which is gonna be one of the best combat uses of that stand.
>>
>>52180297
I mean...you're not wrong...but it's a high school. The number of things you can use as a weapon, by the way, are pretty expansive.
>>
Anyone running/willing to run a JoJo campaign over Skype/Discord?
>>
>>52180362
I would If I was familiar with a good system for it, but I'm only familiar enough to DM with D&D
>>
>>52179852
Y'know what? Two can play this game. I run a Wushu JoJo campaign set in 1920s Chicago. It's called, "Crimson Dawn."

> Heroes
Jackson Starship and「Crimson Rider」

Ringo E. O. Speedwagon and 「Godsmack」

> Allies
Bowie
「Bad Name」
Tommy and 「Pinball Wizard」
>>
My players have started getting some Stand ideas together (I've helped a couple of them), but they'd like some help in making sure what they're using is balanced.

「NOWHERE MAN」
An overcoat with an arrow shaped pattern on the shoulder. The Stand itself provides a little defense against attacks, but its primary function is not to be used in combat. If Nowhere Man's user isn't within anybody's direct line of sight, then they can choose to instantly appear anywhere someone is not currently looking. It also tends to cause those nearby the user to have their attentiveness dulled unless they are actively pursuing the user.

「LODS OF EMONE」
The design of the Stand is currently undecided, but it'll likely have a strong dollar sign motif.
This Stand derives its power from the amount of currency that the user is carrying, becoming absurdly powerful if they possess vast wealth but becoming pitiful if they're flat broke. Lods of Emone can imbue objects that have monetary value with power in proportion to their worth, increasing their durability and rigidity. The user usually uses this ability to whip $100 bills at people. If they're running low on cash, the user can "liquidate" anything they own and convert it into currency equal to the object's current market value.

「BLOOD RED SKIES」
This Stand takes the form of a black and gold figure swathed in a fiery orange-red cloth that covers most of its body (it changes shape and becomes more ragged as the user tires out). Blood Red Skies' ability is to turn any solid object (partial or whole) within a few meters into a red mist that can be moved by the Stand itself. The object only remains in this state for a certain amount of time or until the user dispels it. After the effect is canceled, the object will reform completely even if the mist has been scattered over a wide area. BRS must make physical contact to exert this ability on living targets.

Credit for the first two Stand ideas goes to anons from the SSS threads.
>>
>>52180745
The post was getting a little long, so I didn't get the chance to add that Blood Red Skies' ability decreases in effectiveness (how quickly and how much matter it can convert) as the user tires out.
>>
>>52179852
Nobody's picked any, so I'll go from first to last, and just describe generally. Just about everyone has at least one "oh shit this is real" power, which our GM calls "duress" powers.

[Kodachrome] - Humanoid, camera themed, has ribbons of film that can reach several meters. [Kodachrome] can reach into photographs and manipulate the objects on the other side, using the camera's position when the photo was taken as an origin point. Range on the other side is limited. Duress power allows her to expand a photo and drag the user through it.

Calvin's [Rock Around the Clock] is an automatic Stand that's only (and always) active when Calvin is asleep. Calvin is a huge weenie with hidden depths, and his Stand is basically personified self-hatred. It plays pranks on him, and plenty of others, using its ability to switch objects around within its range. This includes switching doors so they lead to different places, and vocal chords to swap peoples' voices. It's basically a small child. In a pinch, Rock can knock out Calvin and "take over".

Jude's [DVNO] has the subtlety of a gold brick, because that's what it is. Jude can mentally reshape it, though with limited "definition", and it tends to assume the shape of various sea animals when not actively being used. Basically, imagine being able to throw around a fist-sized lump of gold at the speed of thought.

Oscar's Stand [Never Be Alone] is quite literal: It's up to 10 copies of himself, all wearing masks, and all independent. He's on good terms, though, and they make a great team. Good for crowd control. At high Learning, he can essentially cut the puppet strings and let them loose as individuals, all of whom are Oscar.

Sofia's [Space Oddity] appears rarely, and has a strange ability: it can create hard points of light in the air - miniature stars - and connect them with glowing lines to create 3d objects. Like a wireframe Green Lantern.

Eileen's [Midnight Runner] and onwards in the next post!
>>
>>52180970
These are all pretty unique ideas for Stands and i especially like the idea behind Rock Around the Clock and the sheer absurdity of DVNO.
>>
>>52180970

>>52181018
Thank you! They're not mine, of course, but I do like them all.

Eileen and [Midnight Runner] - same player as Kodachrome. [Midnight Runner] underwent a few design changes and a lot of idea work before getting nailed down. It's a suit stand that alters the user's personal gravity as well as anything she's holding, including people. She can walk up walls and cling to ceilings, which I used in tandem with my own [Rebel Yell] to booby trap a ceiling with water balloons full of slimy pasta water...and glitter.

[Radar Love] is Rhue's Stand. Rhue is a rough-and-tumble girl who lived most of her life on the open sea with her sailor dad. As such, RL is a ghastly apparition apparently made of varying kinds of ocean junk, with an oscilloscope for a face. Its ability is best described as "portal punch". Punch surface 1: make hole, which is apparently infinite and will trap anyone inside. Punch surface 2: another hole, which makes the system act like portals. We used it to trap a Stand-using thief in "baby jail", which was a pile of tables and chairs she set up.

Navroz's [Star Spangled Banner] is a weird Stand. It's technically a suit type. It intercepts any injury and negates it, while transferring the pain from the injury to the user in one burst. The skin where the injury would be turns red, white and blue in the pattern of good ol' stripey, and cannot absorb another hit for 24 hours. Given that the user is dumb as a box of rocks and likes doing dangerous stuff, this suits her fine.

Nils kasparian is a magician by hobby, and [Alice in Chains] is his assistant. It's a hulking monster draped with chains, which it can attach to people who are experiencing negative emotions. These chains drain the negative energy and make Alice more powerful, but it can become addicted and hard to remove. The user can "read" these negative feelings and thoughts, and gauge peoples' mental state quite well.

Want the last few Stands? I have one or two left...
>>
>>52181285
Might as well go all the way since you've gone to the trouble of showing us this many of them. Let's see 'em.
>>
>>52181321
I have two "alternate characters", whom I'll describe first:

Melanie Davis, aka Mel, aka Sunny D, has the Stand [Mr. Brightside] - a glowing gold adonis not unlike an Oscar statuette, traced with glowing turquoise lines. Now, Melanie is the descendant of one of the last Hamon users, and a ward of the Foundation. However, for reasons unknown, she's incapable of personally channeling Hamon. She learned through her childhood, from materials obtained and provided by the Foundation, but since her body can't carry the Hamon energy, it manifested as a Stand.

[Mr. Brightside] can, through contact, imbue organic objects with hamon. This allows it to heal people (albeit not with the speed of Crazy D), manipulate muscles and cause various types of twitches and spasms, or even increase or reduce the amount of power in muscles. It's fairly weak, despite its appearance; high human average, an amateur boxer perhaps. Its "blowout" power is called [Miss Atomic Bomb] and is the Stand equivalent of what Zeppeli did for Jonathan: it sacrifices its own form to temporarily overpower Mel's typical hamon aversion, and grant her greatly increased strength, speed and stamina. It's temporary, though, and wears off pretty much after an encounter.m It takes a fair bit of time to build up enough ambient hamon to resummon [Mr. Brightside] in its original form, as well, leaving her without her usual healing abilities. She's a kind of consultant to the infirmary.

My other character is Huey Maine, an excitable young boy with a penchant for snacks and a strange accent. He grew up in Australia, but has some welsh heritage, and he has the red hair to prove the connection to britain. His Stand, which I call [Human After All], allows him to talk to inanimate objects (at GM discretion). They're typically friendly with him, in an aunts-and-uncles kind of way, but he talked to a printer once and it swore at him. He's vowed to go back and pee on it at some point.

Last few next post.
>>
>>52181569
Both of these seem like they could have some fun implications.
>>
>>52144853
>Stands should capture the feeling of the song, not the name.
What. That's the opposite of how the majority of Stands get their names. They usually have absolutely nothing to do with the song/artist/album themselves, but they use alternate interpretations of the words involved. They sometimes reference the lyrical content, manipulate the words to better fit the Stand or may even reference the history of the song/artist/album instead. But usually, they're an alternative interpretation of the words themselves.

For example, Bad Company. The words "bad company" very liberally describe the band as a group of ne'er-do-wells or a bad influence on people; however, a "company" can be used to refer to a military unit. For balance purposes, they are little, which allows them to additionally reference a real life toy. Hence, the Stand is a collection of army men.

Some Stand names don't make sense without looking outside the Stand itself and, indeed, sometimes even breaking the fourth wall. For example, Cream has nothing to do with actual cream in any of its definitions. It was named Cream because it creates a pun with its user's name: Vanilla Ice. Cream. An example of breaking the fourth wall is Superfly. You could make a weak argument that Superfly is named so because the user can climb the tower and swing around it, but in truth, its name exists solely to coincide with an actual "super fly" from Part 3: Tower of Gray, a name that better suits the steel tower. Esidisi and Red Hot Chili Pepper might've been named in this same vein.

Killer Queen doesn't really bring the lyrics of the song to mind, at all, with the exception of making reference to explosions and cats. The song describes the archetypal femme fatale, living a high profile life of extravagance. Not a good description of Kira or his Stand, who are both masculine and deliberately low profile.
>>
>>52181609
Thanks!

Janet Sendan, english punk kid, Stand name: [Helpless Dancer]. Player has basically abandoned the RP, hasn't turned up in weeks. [Helpless Dancer] is a tricksy Stand, humanoid with two long ribbons attached to its arms. Able to manipulate the "laws of motion" on objects touched by its ribbons, meaning it can increase/reduce friction, inertia, that kind of thing. Bit overpowered, IMO.

Nadir, I've already mentioned.

Talin Rivera, with [Gogol Bordello] can manipulate the physical dimensions of objects. It can transform along the x, y or z axis - flattening or thickening in any direction. She typically uses this as makeshift earthbending, but could just as easily do some paper mario style shenanigans

Xavier Albertine is a shy kid who developed his [Mr. Jones] at the school. It's localised in his hand, usually covered by his puppet (which the Stand is named after). It allows him to perfectly mimic any sound he hears, and if he takes off the puppet he can make deafeningly loud noises (though he needs to prepare for that with earplugs). New player, but reasonably active.

Roxanne Holliday is the first retired character; Calvin/Nils' player didn't like how standoffish she ended up being. Her Stand, [Kick Out the Jams], was a set of rollerblades and gloves that absorbed kinetic energy and stored the amount in a "charge", of which she could hold 50 individually before they started stacking on top of each other. She used it to dash around the school at breakneck speeds, and could punch with pretty severe power.

That's pretty much it for player characters. There's a ton of NPC Stands too.

Huey's Stand supposedly takes the form of a pair of goggles he wears, but he's actually a Stand in his entirety. The inanimate objects thing is just an additional perk. He belongs to a lost pet dog that wandered onto campus one day, and took a nap in a hole. He woke up, found he was smarter, and started trying to figure out humans using his Stand.
>>
>>52181827
>alin Rivera, with [Gogol Bordello] can manipulate the physical dimensions of objects. It can transform along the x, y or z axis - flattening or thickening in any direction. She typically uses this as makeshift earthbending, but could just as easily do some paper mario style shenanigans
I came up with a similar power for a stand in my game called 「White Rabbit」it could manipulate the dimensions of any object one of the highlights being punching a penny and making it the size of a bank vault door to block an attack later on it gained the ability to warp spacial dimensions to create a never ending hallway or to essentially teleport by condensing the distance between himself and his destination within the stands range
>>
>>52182087
>punching a penny
One of my favorite things about JoJo will always be how so many weird abilities aren't really cast, but are applied to things by punching them.
>>
File: relativity-lattice.jpg (322KB, 853x800px) Image search: [Google]
relativity-lattice.jpg
322KB, 853x800px
>>52182559
Well the stand could only effect things by touching punching them, or at least until it gained a requim ability and became 「White Rabbit Wonderland」 and could manipulate space to create an MC Echer style space that ended up as the final battle location in addition to the abilities I stated here>>52182087

Interestingly the stand it was fighting was when it did the penny trick was 「High Speed Dirt」 which could accelerate an object to terminal velocity by pushing punching them, allowing it to launch anything it could move at terminal velocity toward an opponent
>>
>>52181701
Inspired is a better description. Sometimes there is a play on words/ lyrics, sometimes there is irony (everything about Kira is ironic from cradle to grave), sometimes there is creative interpretation, etc. No matter the result there is still a root in the reference.
>>
>>52182559
> punch wizards
>>
>>52180444
Which D&D edition?
>>
>>52182883
>>
>>52182791
White Rabbit and White Rabbit Wonderland sound really cool and I wouldn't mind using them for an NPC stand user in one of my games. Do you happen to have a stat sheet for them? I'd be really grateful.
>>
File: 3-d-plane1.png (6KB, 357x273px) Image search: [Google]
3-d-plane1.png
6KB, 357x273px
>>52183013
No sheets but I can give you stats
>「White Rabbit」
The stand has average power durability and learning but high everything else, while not independent it can act autonomously, the players would be pushing it throughout the campaign much like it's namesake unable to locate its User , like Pucci's 「White Snake」. It can only effect items it touches, though that includes people, and only it's physical dimensions though weight does increase and size increases and vice versa.
Its appearance is a humanoid stand with long rabbit like ears the left of which is a foot long while the right is only 6 inches, it has 3 arrow like ----> markings that spiral and swirl over its body starting at where its heart would be and terminating on its right hand the one that uses its power

>「White Rabbit Wonderland」
Range: ---
「White Rabbit Wonderland」 has pretty much all the same stats but its range gets funky, it is basically infinite within a confined space able to make things bigger on the inside and warp spacial topography like >>52182791 pic related but can only really do that once in a fight just to make things fair it can also create "Rabbit Holes" paths created my compressing the distance between locations relative to his perspective. A "Rabbit Hole" doesn't negate space or remove objects in the users path just traverse distance nigh instantaneously, turning 100 steps into 10 or 1, from the outside the user appears to stretch for the instant the ability is activated. The heroes beat him essentially the same way Riddick beats the Lord Marshal in Chronicles by figuring out where the other end of the hole was and putting a bunch of bullshit in the way
>>
>>52183441
Thank you kindly, anon.
>>
>>52183441
>he players would be pushing it throughout the campaign
pursuing
>weight does increase and size increases
as
>>
>>52144323
>Remember, 「Tower of Gray」 is shaped like a flying insect and 「Superfly」 is shaped like a steel tower.
ARAKIIIIIIIII
>>
Alright, here me out lads.

The Golden Age of Piracy with Stands.
>>
>Stands with Movies/TV/Books/Games as the running name scheme
Something other than music, please. There's so much!
>>
>>52185187
>anne bonny and [DUDE LOOKS LIKE A LADY]
>>
>>52185187
You can probably make a successful JJBA campaign just by adding Stands to any place or time period in history (or alternate history).
>>
>>52185264
Music really is the perfect thing for stand names though. Books and Games can tend to be too specific or unwieldy as stand titles.
>>
>>52185363
>Music really is the perfect thing for stand names though. Books and Games can tend to be too specific or unwieldy as stand titles.
>Dirty Deeds Done Dirty Cheap
>Burning Down the House
>Green, Green Grass of Home
>The Rhythm of my Heart
>20th Century Boy
Yeah, they're always so simple. And how are book titles more specific than something like "Grateful Dead", "Limp Bizkit" or "Ticket to Ride"?
>Great Expectations
>Moby Dick
>Grapes of Wrath
>Of Mice and Men
>East of Eden
>Scarlet Letter
>Uncle Tom's Cabin
>Gone with the Wind
>Slaughterhouse Five
>Bell Jar
>Fahrenheit 451
And that's just books by American authors.
>>
>>52185264
Movie based 「STANDS」

>「Rear Window」
>「The Godfather」
>「Casablanca」
>「Modern Times」
>「Apocalypse Now」
>「Dr. Strangelove」
>「Sunset Boulevard」
>「Citizen Kane」
>「Taxi Driver」
>「Requiem for a Dream」
>「Scarface」
>「Fistfull of Dollars」
>「Chinatown」
>「Metropolis」
>>
>>52185508
Several of those books are also song titles.
>>
>>52185508
>>52185363
As for games...
>Tetris
>Final Fantasy
>Pac Man
>Halo
>Resident Evil
>Doom
>Half-life
>Grand Theft Auto
>Space Invaders
>Metal Gear Solid
>Red Dead
>Red Dead: Redemption (upon receiving the Arrow)
>Grim Fandango
>Earthbound
>brothers whose last name happens to be Smash
Remember, the whole point is that they're supposed to be referencing something. Or did you think Araki just happened to name a Stand identically to a Queen track?
>>52185545
And which of those songs existed before the books? If they existed after (for example, Led Zeppelin's "Brave New World") then it's a reference to the book.
>>
>>52185524
I remember Overthinking It made a bracket to find the most American piece of media that had the word "American" in the title. All of those were great fodder for Stand names, desu
>>
>>52185574
Does it really matter if it existed after? I'm aware that it references the book, but you can still get by using just song titles while also referencing literature.
>>
>>52185363
I'd look into a manga/anime/LN called Bungo Stray Dogs. All of the ability users are named after authors and their respective abilities are a written work by that person. You get stuff like

>The Scarlet Letter
>Moby Dick
>The Rats in the Walls
>Rashamon
>The Great Gatsby
>The Grapes of Wrath
>Crime and Punishement
>For the Tainted Snow

I think literary titles still work because really you are looking for a name that is either evocative or one that flows well.
>>
>>52185589
Yes, it does matter. Killer Queen isn't a reference to anything but that one song written by Queen. Notorious BIG refers to no one but the rapper also called Biggie Smalls. Sex Pistols can only mean that you're not supposed to mind the bollocks. They're meant to be references to specific musical acts, not a book the act or song was named after.

Why do you think Araki hasn't used "Norwegian Wood" by the Beatles? Maybe because it's also the name of a very popular Japanese novel directly referencing the song.

The only Stands I can think of that involve something other than the song are Cinderella (as in the fairy tale, which the song was named after) and 20th Century Boy, which debuted after the complete run of Naoki Urasawa's "20th Century Boys", which was also referencing T. Rex. Or maybe it's just the one.
>>
I remember there was a [Weird Al] Stand that made parodies. That wouldn't really work for a game, unless you forced the players to name Stands after songs he's parodied.
Then again...
>character pulls out [Confessions, Act 2]
>enemy Stand mutates into [Confessions, Act 3]
>>
>>52134376
I very recently tried out a oneshot using the 1.2 version of these rules and damn was is clunky as hell with all those d100s. The game was extremely fun and I've got ideas for actual campaigns, but the rules were the main issue. Most my players are used to 5e and others new ot RPGs in general. This version solves a LOT of those issues though.

For those vaguely interested, the premise of the one-shot was it being set in March 1917 siberia, with the players being part of the speedwagon foundation out to capture a 「Briefcase」an enemy stand user had stolen. This stand user delivered it to the true villain, Rasputin, who is also a stand-user whose stand, 「Evening Star」, involves implanting enough「Doubt」into peoples heads that it becomes「Belief」.

After a fight on a moving train and him getting away, they flew with the Red baron to the russian royal palace whilst the riots of the revolution were well underway. Rasputin opened the 「Briefcase」which held within it a corpse part, used it to create a second stand that when it consumes enough biomass / stand power sends it to the original stand and evolves it. This stand, 「Starbreaker」, could literally imprint 「Belief」onto things and warp reality- i.e. when it punched a wall, it can imprint the idea of crumbling, causing it to fall apart. After this, big final battle to which the party is the victor, followed by a big group pose and a purposely vague epilogue.
>>
File: IMG_1160.png (310KB, 420x865px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1160.png
310KB, 420x865px
Would the Revenant make a good stand design for a Vampire villain?
>>
>>52185264
in my jojo game idea, I've pondered about throwing aliens with stands against my players. The subtle weirdness is further pushed by their stands not being named after songs, but movies.
>>
Why is there never a villain that can travel through time?

Beating them would be interesting, like sending them back to the beginning of the universe or something.
>>
>>52187188
>Why is there never a villain that can travel through time?

so have you just not read jojo?
>>
>>52185832
Just think of new parody titles on the fly
>>
>>52185717
I think that if Araki were to use book titles, then he should use ones that are also the titles of songs. Regardless of which came first, music related names have been the standard, even if the song was a reference to a book.
>>
>>52187415
I think he means as he pleases. Kira could only reset time by an hour and he was mostly unaware of events that occurred before the jump. Pucci doesn't really travel through time. He just speeds things up so much that the universe ends, begins again, and follows the same general path.
>>
>>52152820
No one have any ideas?
>>
>>52188758
I'd use that as the design for a Stand user
>>
File: IMG_1917.jpg (68KB, 960x960px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1917.jpg
68KB, 960x960px
>>52185832
> Enemy pulls out 「Confessions」
>「Weird Al」 becomes 「Concessions」and starts flicking popcorn at high speeds
>>
File: Mandomcolor.png (275KB, 300x387px) Image search: [Google]
Mandomcolor.png
275KB, 300x387px
>>52188717
Don't forget Ringo Roadagain
>>
>>52182978
Look up Mutants & Masterminds. Second Edition ought to be right up your alley but Third has an overall stronger identity as a game. They're not to difficult to blend though.
>>
>>52185360
That's how I see it too. JoJo can really reward people for reading up on their history and geography to find good settings. Then you just add Stands.
>>
Critique my Stando drafts.
「Logical」
The stand appears as a figure in a monochrome suit with a featureless face, that is both transparent and reflective with a wireframe across it and electricity bouncing within like neurons. The stand has extraordinary abilities of perception, investigation, and logical prediction based on known information, giving its user a Sherlock Holmes-esque grasp on problem solving. This is made markedly stronger by the stand's ability 「The Questions Run so Deep」, which allows the user to mine the entire human consciousness like an encyclopedia. The more common knowledge is in either the memories of people or in writing, the easier it is to find, where the user can pinpoint basically any fact found in a large encyclopedia with just a few seconds of consideration. For more obscure knowledge it can take longer, and things known by only a handful of people are nearly impossible- especially due to a trait known as 「Please Tell Me Who I Am」, which risks to overwrite the user's psyche and ego with that of the minds he draws knowledge from.
>>
>>52193888
「Come Together」
This stand is a roll of tape with a star or nebula pattern on it, however, when inspected by another stand user, rather than a pattern it appears to be a window through the earth or sky to the stars beyond, as if anything there had been cut away. It is extremely adhesive, almost certainly requiring another stand to remove it unless the user removes it personally. However, it is not much stronger than normal tape, and can be cut fairly easily. Its true strength comes from its ability 「Mojo Filter」, which allows the user to control and mechanical device the stand is attached to. This includes both simple machines such as levers all the way up to and including computers, though it merely allows the user to interface with them, not to perform any feats they could not in person with full access to the machine. It takes a greater length of tape to operate a more advanced machine, and the user can only produce so much at once, in addition to losing any senses around a machine if many are active at the same time. It can be used on simple machine components of larger systems as well- causing a gear to jam, or a person's arm to stiffen.
>>
File: 1480901394112.jpg (30KB, 448x600px) Image search: [Google]
1480901394112.jpg
30KB, 448x600px
>>52194008
「Edge of Heaven」
The stand takes the form of a gauntlet and sword wielded by the user, beautifully wrought in gold, ivory, velvet, and silvery filigree, and is visible to non-stand users if they are affected by its power. The blade cuts through solid matter fairly easily, but leaves no physical wounds or damage. Rather, any person struck by the blade is overcome with their best memories, and their senses are flooded with relaxing feedback, and they lose themselves for a short time in which they perceive "heaven". The strength of this effect and its duration are affected by the severity of the wound if it were dealt by a physical weapon, with a strike to the heart yielding the greatest effect. Despite not causing any direct injury, this power can stun a victim long enough for the user to set up a mundane attack or opening for an allied stand. Additionally, it is possible for someone struck by the blade severely or repeatedly enough to become addicted to tasting "heaven", activating the stand's second ability, 「Souls Forgiven」. For those that give up everything else and long only for the 「Edge of Heaven」above all else, the blade's sting becomes real. The victim will die if struck by the blade again, forfeiting their soul to "heaven".
While it still functions against other stand users, the effect is often diminished as stand users have much more willpower and reason to live compared to others. It can parry and wound stands, which causes a diminished effect that persists as long as the stand remains damaged.
>>
File: IMG_1918.png (481KB, 696x802px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1918.png
481KB, 696x802px
>>52193888
>One of the many「Weird Al」stands homebrewed meets「Logical」
>It becomes「A Vegetable」and turns into a pickle in a suit
>>
「Toy Food」
Destructive Power: B
Durability: A
Developmental Potential: E
Ability: Able to create Cherry flavored Popsicles from nothing.

how can this stand be used offensively?
>>
File: Picolas Cage.jpg (25KB, 333x460px) Image search: [Google]
Picolas Cage.jpg
25KB, 333x460px
>>52194850
>>
>>52194888
There's an old stupid D&D argument as to whether lungs count as a valid container for Create Food and Water.
Sounds like you just need to create them in very inconvenient places.
>>
「Butthole Surfer」

「Butthole Surfer」 Translates emotional damage or anger directed at itself or its user into physical damage, usually translated as trauma to the rectum. This power can be used over the internet, allowing 「Butthole Surfer」 to attack anyone that is upset by online comments directly made by the stand or user.
>>
>>52193888
I see you, Supertramp listener.
>>
>>52194888
At this point you're better off founding the most successful popsicle company ever and using the benefits to buying the best regular weapons money can get, SPW style.

Alternatively you can probably cover the popsicles in poison.
>>
King Biscuits Flower Hour
Less of a punch ghost and more like a special ability; the user has the ability to create plantlike material by touch alone.
>>
Have a rough draft of a bbeg stand I plan on using one day.

「EYEWANGAROK」 I wanna Rock
Destructive power: E
Endurance/staying: C
Developmental potential: B.
When 「EYEWANGAROK」is activated, the stand will play a long guitar solo that will last as long as the stand can stay around or until something interupts it. While this solo is playing, anyone in the "sound range" that would be able to hear it, stand user or not, is has their physical strength copied. The sum of the amount from these people are then added up and the user is given this strength. If the strength exceeds a certain amount, they will transform into a vampire, if it proceeds to exceed another amount, they will become a pillar.
Basically if you would become as strong as a vampire, you become a vampire. Stands are not affected by this ability. Normal people can hear the sound produced by the stand.
>>
>>52197937
That's just half of Gold Experience.
>>
「All Night」
Destructive power: B
Endurance/staying: C
Developmental potential: A
When 「All Night」 is activated, it can steal the energy from any one source, transfer it into a different form of energy and imbue it into something else. This all happens via licking it with one of it's several tongues, one for each form of energy.
For example, it can suck up kinectic energy from a generator's electricity and put it into a pat on the back. Turning that pat on the back, into getting hit in the back with a baseball bat.
Or taking some kinetic energy and transferring it into heat energy to make a area hotter.
>>
>>52194888
>SURPRISE popsicle mother fucker
>the villain is deathly allergic to cherries
>>
>>52198250
I don't care.
I want something that makes spooky looking plant things.
>>
>>52188717
So then how does one make a stand that travels through time without being Kira or Ringo?
>>
>>52194888
Learn ripple and use them has ripple-infused knifes?
>>
>>52131747

Fellowships actually says it's supposed to be Jojo-like as well.

I guess if you change the names of the things, maybe.
>>
File: jojomanga2.png (283KB, 344x315px) Image search: [Google]
jojomanga2.png
283KB, 344x315px
>>52194888
>"He's flying so far! Just how hard did you punch him Jotaro!? NANI!? He's continuously making Popsicles to make a slippery escape path! He's sliding away! OH MY GOD!"
>>
>>52198593
I know Fellowship is a PbtA game and I think there is certainly potential in that system but what specifically does Fellowship do and how can it be used for JoJo?
>>
>>52198416
Name: 「Saint Sinner」
Power: A
「Saint Sinner」 can travel backwards or forwards in time, though it's user can not. It cannot travel more than 3 meter from its user's location but can be sent to that same location at any point along a timeline. 「Saint Sinner」 may take non-living things with it as it travels, adding or removing them from that time. The user cannot see through it's eyes, but it is partially autonomous and can be give simple instructions when sent across time.
>>
「IDLEWILD」
Endurance/Staying: B
Range: E

Mechanism: Idlewild works like a mildly strong punch ghost with limited range but with the added unique ability to "freeze" a single object in space. This object is completely frozen and inert and is this set to "idle". The stand can also punch objects and "freeze" then in the same instant thus creating opportunities for surprise attacks as the release of frozen objects has no range so stand user could be stood in a room facing opponent and earlier have punch an object and choose when it goes flying. So extremely versatile. ie if someone were to throw a knife at the user they could simply throw their coat in front of them then freeze it create impenetrable cover etc. With development more objects could be frozen up to maybe 4.
>>
>>52199599
Why not just give it a scrying power to see into the past? Or something weird like King Crimson's Epitaph.
>>
>>52194888
sell popsicles
use revenue to hire stand using body gaurds
>>
>>52194888
Something something, "Let's blow this popsicle stand"
>>
>>52190745
>he doesn't know
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TmQIR8Tf5mw
>>
I've never used this bit, but I know a guy who uses this setup in his game. could be worth a glance.
http ://homebrewery.naturalcrit.com/share/rJfhC09Oe
>>
>http://www.pages.drexel.edu/~dft29/Stand_Generator/Stand-Generation-Overdrive.html

I can't get this to work.
How do I do it?
>>
>>52131747
Part 3 and beyond are episodic and more suitable to weekly stand enemy games.
>>
>>52199910
...because that's the opposite of what he can do?
He can't see the future or past, He can just add/remove things to/from them.
>>
>>52149257
Dude that sounds fucking awesome and the best part is that I can literally see Araki doing something like this.
>>
>>52149257
>They are a mix between Mormonism and some pagan American beliefs.
So, Mormonism?
>>
「MR. BLUE SKY」
Allows the user to directly handle and manipulate artificial light as though it was a solid object. The user must directly "touch" the light for it to turn solid. They can use beams of light as blunt weapons, or walk on the light.
>>
『VELCRO FLY』

Stats
Destructive Power: D
Durability: A
Developmental Potential: B

Velcro Fly manifests as a bulky humanoid with a cowl-like torso descending in a tabard shape over the front and back of the pelvis and thigh areas, each coming to a point. The head itself is cowled with an open face revealing a blank front with only vague suggestions of features, and glide down to the triangular, barrel-like shoulder pauldrons. The legs diverge at the knee into digitigrade hoof-shapes set back to back, giving the lower portion of its body a “rocking horse” appearance.

Sticky Stuff: Velcro Fly secretes a semisolid substance of varying thickness which, when applied with pressure, will create a perfect seal to anything it touches. The bond is incapable of being removed by most outside force as it acts on a molecular level. When applied in very small amounts and with low viscosity, it can be used to create a bond lasting only a split second for climbing surfaces or stopping objects mid-motion, as it absorbs the impact
>>
>>52131747
Is this a JoJo reference?
>>
My favorite stand I have ever seen is probably

『OCTOPUS GARDEN』 - オクトプス・ガーデン
STATS
Destructive power: -
Speed: -
Range: Varies*
Durability: -
Precision: -
Developmental Potential: -
*Any source of water allows access to the Stand’s dimension

Octopus’ Garden manifests as a pocket dimension that is essentially a permanent dream connected to all sources of water in existence.

In the Shade: The dimension itself consists of a neatly-kept garden of exotic land plants and flowers on a small meadow at the bottom of an endless and yet sunlit ocean, which illuminates the garden at all times with a gentle, filtered light. The garden is hemmed in by a white pickett fence and contains several paths leading to chairs and tables of a garden party variety as well as a small cottage built for a single person.

Living things do not need to breathe air or consume food within Octopus’ Garden, but they do require rest and continue to age; the cottage, however, seems to reset to contain a cozy feast for a garden party at intervals. The water of Octopus’ Garden does not act like water for non-native entities, being breathable and allowing sound to pass normally between individuals. Occasionally, ocean life swims by; it is unknown whether they are native or have accidentally entered Octopus’ Garden from some undersea entrance. All attempts to swim away from the Garden lead back to it in a circular fashion.
>>
>>52202813
Resting Our Head on the Sea Bed: Octopus’ Garden can be reached by its User by touching any amount of water enough to submerge their pinkie’s nail in. Any living things touching the User will be drawn in with them. Additionally, any living thing which falls asleep in contact with such a volume of water or more can potentially enter Octopus’ Garden through their dreams. Any harm done in Octopus’ Garden vanishes upon waking, which will occur if the User “dies” inside of it, unless that death is in some form natural.

While in Octopus’ Garden, the only way for anybody besides the User to leave is to fall asleep (or “wake up”) inside it, typically by being shocked or “injured” within Octopus’ Garden. The individual will usually awake in the same place they left from, but spontaneous transportation via other “connections” to Octopus’ Garden have occurred.
>>
Trying to think of a power for this stand I have an idea for, but I only have the name and aesthetics down. Any help?

「BLACKSTAR」

He's like, a muscular dude, but his body looks like space, like it's super dark blue and black and full of tiny stars - his body, visibly, hasn't got any depth, so if he crosses his arms, you can't see his arms if that makes sense, the only really distinguishing feature his body has is a pair of horns made from the same substance (but they point straight up so you can p/much always see them). the only things that aren't made of this is a silver mask that covers his mouth, silver gauntlets, a silver ring around one finger and another around one horn, and maybe a silver belt idk about the bottom half yet. The only other thing you can see on his body are his eyes, which look like normal eyes, maybe with star-like glowing pupils.

I was trying to think of space powers like being able to affect gravity but that's taken by Jumpin' Jack Flash
>>
>>52203060
(alternate name「SPACE ODDITY」)
>>
>>52149257
Is your game title Actions Have Consequence?
>>
>>52185524
I actually have one planned stand for my campaign that may or may not happen with a movie title, 「Citizen Kane」

He's a weaker punchghost with a separate personality and intelligence to his user, to the point where the two could argue on something. He looks like a normal ghost of a ye olde gentleman, complete with a top hat, monocle and fancy facial hair. The main quirk is that 「Citizen Kane」 is able to see Stands, while his user isn't.

The movie name, and his user's inability to see other stands, is a hint that 「Citizen Kane」 isn't actually a stand, he's a completely unrelated supernatural phenomenon that manifests similarly to a Stand.

「Citizen Kane」's explanation for being able to see stands is that he was skilled in various magical arts in life, and some of that gave him a sixth sense to this sort of thing. Though Kane is unaware the real reason is that he's actually a stand user himself.
>>
>>52187188
This is the evolution of a villain stand I have.

Early on in my campaign mentioned here >>52203262, I plan on doing a "railroading you into these events to get you used to the system, and see how you handle obstacles so I can adjust the game to go along with that" style session, ending on a fight with a low-level mob boss, Don Johnathon Donathon (I was half-asleep when making some of these) and his stand 「Fly Like an Eagle」, with the amazing power to..grant it's user the power to fly. It's basically a pair of wings on his back.

Useful to be sure, but not all that impressive (after his bodyguards 「Propane Nightmare」 and 「Disco Inferno」 anyways).

A planned follow-up to that campaign would involve the throwaway villain they fought way at the start of the original campaign gaining his Requiem stand, 「Fly Like an Eagle Requiem」.

He can still fly, but now he can fly anywhere and anywhen. He can fly backwards in time(but not forward to any point past the present), fly his spirit into the body of his younger self(to elongate his own lifespan), fly into places that technically don't exist(like into dreams). The only limitation is he can't change the past of a stand user to the extent that they no longer become a stand user.

Any attempts to kill a future stand user in the past will inexplicably not work, changing events so that them becoming a stand user can't happen will just result in them spontaneously becoming one anyways at the right time, and so on and so forth.

So his plan is to pull a Biff and use his future knowledge to get real rich real fast and create a dystopian future, until he can finally get bakc at the people who got him thrown in jail.
>>
>>52203131
FUCK! I wish. Dammit I missed out on that one.

>>52201544
You are correct lol. I should of said Mormonism with heavy emphasis of Native America rituals and ceremonies.

>>52201471
Thanks! That feels me with confidence.
>>
>>52203370
I'm pretty sure that's not how a Requiem Stand is supposed to work.
>>
>>52203262
Wait, so... If I get this right... Citizen Kane was a powerful magic user before death, but he thought his powers came from arcane arts, while in truth he had a formless stand. After death, probably due to one of his stand abilities, he kept existing as a ghost and could still use his stand.

But his ghost was bound to a regular human (let's call him Jerry), or at least he hangs around Jerry and protects him, and so pretty much everyone thinks he's Jerry's stand. Yet he's actually a stand user's ghost convinced he is, or pretending to be, a stand.

Which explains the book name. It's not a music related name because he's not a stand.

This is fucking crazy. I love it. It completely captures the spirit of the series (aha, ghost puns, but really, it does).

So is Kane just pretending to be Jerry's stand? Or is he actually "bound" to Jerry for some reason? What's Jerry to him, is he Kane's grandson for example? That'd explain why he's protecting him. (Assuming you've come up with answers to these questions.)
>>
>>52152297
Is Donald Trump seriously one of the PC's dad and the BBEG?

What's Barron's Stand?
>>
Want to run a JoJo campaign, even have a main villain stand.

『AMERICAN PIE』
Destructive Power: A

『AMERICAN PIE』 resembles something like a WWII USAF pilot. It's army green, with what resembles a parachute bag made of a beige canvas color, and black combat boots. It's face resembles a warhead. There are pieces of what appears to be mechanical pieces from military hardware, such as tanks or firearms, all gunmetal black. The hands are composed of this material, and there are pieces sticking in particular out of the shoulders and elbows. It's power is called is based off of the whole "Murphy's Law" concept. Anything that can go wrong to whatever the stand touches will go wrong on the command of the Stand User. This can be done by whatever sort of specific action to mark it, such as a snap, wink, clap, footstomp, etc. This can cause a huge variety of things to go wrong. In a car for example, it could cause the car to spin out, brake failure, engine catching fire, muffler getting clocked, hood popping up, one of the doors not being fully closed so the lights in the car won't turn off, or any combination of these. The user has no control over what exactly goes wrong, however his emotions will effect what goes wrong. Generally speaking, the more malicious the intent, the more deadly the thing that goes wrong. Eventually the stand gets an upgrade that lets it accelerate towards universal heat death. It can either cause all energy to be instantly ejected out from the target as radiation, or it can cause any action to require and use exponentially more energy, equivalent to how long they are under the effect of 『AMERICAN PIE』.

What do you guys think? Does it represent the song well? Is it a good villain stand? I tried to keep the "space/time" theme that the villain stands have seemed to have, this time going for something a bit more grim and obscure.
>>
>>52206704
>gunmetal black

uhh...
>>
>>52206765
I know it sounds stupid, especially in retrospect. I was just referring to the colour of the metal overall. Obviously the black was redundant, I could of just said gunmetal, but I guess I wanted to make sure I showed I was referring to the colour, not just the material.
>>
>>52204662
DESU, I was never entirely clear on how Requiem stands worked, so I was mostly just spitballing.

At worst I just called it a Remix stand instead.

>>52204701
I have a fairly convoluted reasoning for that.

Kane in life was a wealthy aristocrat who turned to magic mostly out of boredom for something to do, albeit more seriously once his mortality began creeping on on him. He had stumbled onto an immorality ritual of sorts that would basically let him bodyjack his descendants.

Due to some failure on his part, the ritual messed up and instead of stealing his descendants bodies, his spirit is instead bonded to them with no actual ability to control them, much to his annoyance.

He mostly makes sure their life is in well enough order so that when he finally does figure out how to fix the situation he's in, he can go back to the life of wealth and luxury he was accustomed to.

Stands are relatively new to the setting after what appeared to be a meteor shower, with fragments of some of the meteors raining down over the Eastern Seaboard, giving people who were struck star-shaped scars and stands.

Kane only manifested for "Jerry" right around the time of the meteors, and Kane's manifestation blocked the meteor from hitting Jerry. Essentially, Jerry is the victim of two unrelated and incredibly unlikely supernatural phenomenon occurring at the exact same time.

I'm still working out what Kane himself's stand would be though.
>>
>>52208127
「Magic Man」or 「Black Magic」maybe?
「Friends on the Other Side」?
>>
>>52209425
I was also considering 「Gemini Syndrome」(they have a song called Remember We Died) or 「Cirice」(from the band Ghost).

This is probably a situation where I'll have to figure out what his stand power is first, then find a name that goes with it.
>>
>>52208127
> Requiem Stands
Read Part 5 and when they get to Requiem Stands pay close attention to the plot, story, and storytelling surrounding them. This way you won't be a
pleb after reading them and then trying to use them in your game.
>>
>>52210740
Really, aside from being Jojo-based, I'm not sticking to the original lore all that closely.

Like I said, I can just call them a different stand variation if it is that big of a deal. Not like my group knows anything about Jojo anyways.
>>
>>52202813
I recognize that.
http://princessahrairah.tumblr.com/tagged/stands
lots of great Stand ideas here
>>
>>52211039
Fair enough. Araki himself used Part 7 as an opportunity to do new things without being steeped in established lore. Even then he never stopped experimenting with his power sources. No two Parts are 100% the same deal.
>>
>>52212187
Very good stands indeed, I've nicked some for a game myself
>>
Ok, so, I've mentioned it in previous jojo threads, so some of you may remember this, but I had an idea for a story I wanted to share. This would essentially be a fanfic, if I wrote it:

JOJO'S BIZARRE ADVENTURE - MISPLACED CHILDHOOD

The setting: Edinburgh, Scotland
The era: 1980's
The Jojo: Jock Johnstone, depressive alcoholic artist. His Stand is [Heart of Lothian], whivh I'll explain later.
The Brando: Daniel Brando, vampire in the court of the Thin White Duke with a Stand named [Bitter Suite].
The Big Bad: The Thin White Duke, ancient vampire and owner of the Stand [Blackstar], which I don't have any ideas for yet.

The gist:
Jock Johnstone is a 30-something artist living in the arse end of Edinburgh and proud of it. He's been art-blocked for months and is looking for inspiration in brown bottles, when in a drunken stupor he sees his long-lost childhood friend Daniel. Daniel, for his part, seems not to notice the drunk trying in vain to talk to him.

After passing out in the gutter, Jock wakes up in the tunnels under Edinbirgh (look up Mary King's Close) chained to a wall with various gashes across his body. His captors are pale demons, and among them is Daniel.

Jock is kept prisoner for days, during which time various vampires feed on him. Jock slowly strengthens his resolve when one day he uses a strangely-shaped sharp rock to try and cut his wrists to escape the hell he's in. To his surprise, not only does he survive the attempted suicide but the blood running from him spells out a name:

HEART OF LOTHIAN

As he reads it, his Stand manifests and breaks his chains. Slugging his way through surprised, Standless vampires, Jock escapes. But knowing what happened to his childhood friend steels his resolve and he vows to return to eradicate the vampire bastards, and Daniel if need be.

Woozy and bleeding, still clutching the rock that saved him, he stumbles back to his favourite bar: Gino's, run by a jovial Italian named Zeppeli. You can guess where that's going.
>>
>>52215387
>he stumbles back to his favourite bar: Gino's
To get some onion rings?
>>
>>52215387
That's right, Gino is one of the last Hamon users, and he's ready to pass on his knowledge.

From here, Jock learns to harness Hamon, paints a few pictures as he recovers from his alcoholism, and practices with his Stand.

Stand name: [Heart of Lothian]
Stand Master: Jock Johnstone

[Heart of Lothian] is a burly brute of a Stand, hunched like a stereotypical caveman, though as of yet I haven't really finalised any design elements.

As you can see, it's a tanky bruiser type Stand. It also has a unique ability of "sanguine prophecy" - blood spilled from or by Jock or his Stand will form messages in some way. Blood spray from a knockout punch might reveal the face of an enemy's boss. Rivulets in the gutter might lead to a friend in need. The puddle left from a severe wound may form a crimson mirror that shows an absolute vision of the future. More blood, more knowledge.

Another quirk I was considering was having [HOL] get faster and more precise as Jock throws off his addiction and sobers up, eventually standing straight and proud.

Daniel's Stand, which I named [Bitter Suite] could also be named [Pseudo-Silk Kimono]. My idea was that it could "delete" objects within its area of effect. But only if it reacts fast enough, and only if it knows it's there. Things "deleted" by Daniel's Stand essentially move to an alternate dimension, frozen in time, until its area of effect no longer overlaps with the object. A thrown rock deleted by this Stand would hang in the air, invisible and intangible, until it was outside of the range. At this point, it would resume its trajectory.

Other Stand names I've considered for minor characters:
[Human League] and its upgrade power [Human League - Sound of the Crowd]
[Toto]
[Helpless Automaton]
[Cosmic Wheels]

Character concepts I could use:
Friendly busker
drug addicted Stand user
black marketeer/underworld criminal
Sentient Stand-using spider

More?
>>
>>52215490
Ice cream, actually. Gino's is a real place in Edinburgh, but it's actually an ice cream parlour rather than a bar. A bar makes more sense, though, and I could absolutely make it the kind of quirky place that would sell ice cream while they're at it.

That's actually about all I have for this, but it's only part 1 in a theoretical jojoverse I could write. Spoilers: Part 2 is about Jock's estranged brother who emigrated to the states and is making a killing in the floridian underworld. It's called Hotline Miami.
>>
>>52215642
>>52215490
Never mind, I'm an idiot and misremembered what my dad said when I was younger. I was thinking of Luca's. Name change is in order!
>>
I came up with an idea for a stand that can increase the gravitational pull of an object.
Someone give me a name.
>>
>>52217583
「Don't Stand so Close to Me」
「Walking on the Moon」
「Here Comes the Sun」
(hold me closer)「Tiny Dancer」
「Thus Spoke Zarathustra」
>>
>>52185717
Cinderella was a band from the 80s m8.
>>
>>52217859
Indeed. And Aya Tsuji is clearly a fairy godmother.
>>
>>52218079
>>52185717
20th Century Boy is a song too. By T-rex.
>>
>>52218107
The point is that they are both musical and literary references. But they're musical references first.
>>
>>52185832

Call it 「Dare To Be Stupid」
>>
>>52217583
One of my players has the ability to increase or decrease his gravity. Whenever he uses it he tends to yell it's name

"FAT BOY SLIM!" It's quite entertaining at 2am
>>
>>52217583
「DON'T BRING ME DOWN」
「CHAINS」
「COME TOGETHER」
「GET BACK」
「DOWN UNDER」
>>
How would one do a Hamon RPG?
>>
>>52217583
「Black Hole Sun」
>>
>>52219794
With the supernatural beings and techniques expansion on the system someone posted at the beginning of the thread.
>>
>>52188758
Art Angels, maybe?
>>
>>52198487
SHIT THAT'S FUCKING GOOD
>>
>>52219794
1. Hamon ultimately was a means to put humans on equal footing with vampires. But even then full fledged Vampires and Pillar Men were always a dangerous encounter in which the Hamon Users were at a power disparity. This is why wits always played a role even when Jonathan fought Dio Brando without any powers and walked out of the mansion alive.

2. Parts 1 and 2, while centered on Vampires and Hamon, were ultimately about humans transcending mortal physical limits. This is highlighted by contrast with Nazi science developing cyborgs as another means to the same end.

In summary focus on the physical rather than the mental/ psychic (Stands).

3. If you can convincingly bullshit channeling Hamon/Ripple through a medium to achieve an effect then let it fly. If it's too big a stretch then bar it. Hamon is not limitless if you pay attention. Note how in Part 2 different Hamon users have a signature medium through which they channel Hamon: Joseph's clackers, Caesar's bubbles, Lisa Lisa's scarf. Part 1 is more direct martial arts.

4. In turn if you can convincingly bullshit controlling the physical body to achieve effects for Vampires and Pillar Men then go for it. Note that they tend to have gimmicks. Kars has his wrist blades, Wham has his wind powers, Dio Brando can freeze things, etc. Modes is what they are called.

5. Hamon is not a Stand. Stands are not Hamon. Don't confuse the two.

6. Finally,
>>
>>52222144
> 6
Disregard that.
>>
>>52218079
Which is a good example of how Araki always finds a music reference but can take it in any direction from that point.
>>
>>52215642
>>52215705
>He didn't get the Gio onion ring hair joke.
>>
File: mistake.png (524KB, 696x747px) Image search: [Google]
mistake.png
524KB, 696x747px
>>52178408
>>
>>52223072
I didn't realise it was a joke. I thought you were like, actually from edinburgh and was familiar with the place in question, which is actually a chip shop and probably does sell onion rings.

given that i've never seen anyone refer to gio's hair as onion rings, i'm not taking any offense from the implication here. if you'd said donut, maybe.

besides, it's Gino, not Gio.
>>
>>52223332
maximuskeksimus.jpg
>>
>>52134376
Super belated, but thanks anon. I had a few ideas for Stands and I wanted to try a game with them since where else can you have your friends shouting 'DAFTPUNKU'
>>
Go on Spotify/any music service. Find a playlist. Hit shuffle. The song or artist is your Stand.

Stat em dewds

「My Sharona」
Destructive Power: D
Endurance/Staying: D

Upon touch「My Sharona」can alter the 'time' of a person, taking and giving it. The target's time happens as it would normally, so were the target to be hit by a car the next day a single touch would be enough to kill them via cracking ribs. However, damage sustained from given or taken time heals as it would/has; were it to bring the target to when they had a broken arm but then go a week or so further back the arm would be undamaged as it has yet to be broken. Any time taken is stored and can be used to give it to another target.

Once out of contact with 「My Sharona」the targets timeline is permanently altered, allowing new events to happen. If set to that week before the broken arm the targets arm would not break a week later without 「My Sharona」being involved.
>>
>>52178408

Wasn't this a thing in the Dark Tournament arc of yu yu hakusho?
>>
File: Jojostorytime.png (1MB, 735x6757px) Image search: [Google]
Jojostorytime.png
1MB, 735x6757px
>>52131747
How has this not been posted yet?
>>
File: woodyvdio.jpg (28KB, 480x471px) Image search: [Google]
woodyvdio.jpg
28KB, 480x471px
Just rounded up the first arc of what may or may not be an ongoing Jojo's hack for Night's Black Agents, which coincidentally had perfect rules for Jojo's narrative (difficult to explain in summary, has a lot to do with how skill ratings work). Also lots of inherent retconing type abilities etc.

Probably the most notable factor was constructing a system to create stands. In general I've noticed it's a serious weakness of fan products with theoretically infinite arrays of powers like Jojo's, Worm, Accel World, even just darker and more unusual mainstream settings like Heroes, that either:
- They're rolled off of some huge table in which case the powers are actually finite, and also limited in scope by the imagination of the creator. Also, powers are probably super-fairly balanced. Which is good so people never feel cheated immediately, but these are settings where some characters exist to show that sometimes you get dealt a bad hand that can be made to work with creativity and effort, which isn't easy to account for.
- The players make them, in which case the powers are clearly intended to be far more coherent, convenient, and well-fitted than any powerset that exists in the source material, also means that players always have abilities they actually comprehend how to use effectively. Which just to be clear, is bad. AWFUL, in fact, for this kind of genre. Also I guess if the players have bad imagination they get boring abilities.
- Or lastly, its some kind of GM-Player have a talk thing, which is crappy because the leniency of your GM for each specific player is ultimately deciding how strong everyone is.

So yeah, next time we have a proper stands thread and I'm not feeling ill, I'll do proper show and tell. Suffice to summarise, I basically made a semi-blind collaborative chinese room system to make stands. Great results. Very stand-like. The most devastating stand in the party was wholly unusable most of the time. Most boring stand nearly TPK'd by accident.
>>
>>52226229
> Night's Black Agents
I think it's time I checked out GUMSHOE.
>>
>>52226229
well color me interested.
Im excited to see your mad man's theorem
>>
>>52225271
Looking back, yeah, something very similar was there, but that one needed to be manually placed inside someone while the stand cad be shot and controlled by a decent range
>>
>>52225183
「Santeria」

Upon punching a person, 「Santeria」can render them incapable of discerning future events via any means, besides the most basic of cause-effect relationships, such as "if this bullet strikes me, I will die," or "if I touch this fire, I will be burnt." This essentially renders them incapable of fighting, as they are unable to predict any of their opponents actions besides the ones they are already executing.
>>
>>52225183

「Chains Of Love」
Developmental Potential: E

Upon being targeted by「Chains Of Love」the victim is bound in place by unbreakable obsidian chains. Another person is required to set them free; together they break these 「Chains Of Love」. However, the person who frees the target become to new target, only to be free'd when another party take on 「Chains Of Love」 .
>>
>>52134539
>They'd either be too powerful to use every single fight

That's pretty much JJBA in a nutshell, though. Almost every stand is all but invincible at first glance, but has some glaring weakness that you can exploit to defeat it.
>>
>>52131747
Just use Hunter the Reckoning and have hamon be the fluff for certain edges. Hell the pillar men all use basically celerity, vicissitude and potence.
>>
>>52229461
>>52229397
>>52225183

I feel like the Stands in the show don;t do enough with the song references. I know they're just cool sounding names, but aside from the Killer Queens and Echoes few of them actually draw from the music

What the fuck does King Crimson have to do with King Crimson
>>
>>52230020
>What the fuck does King Crimson have to do with King Crimson
It just works.
>>
>>52230312
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Jm2D7ohWos0
>>
File: TheMansionsletter.png (50KB, 435x323px) Image search: [Google]
TheMansionsletter.png
50KB, 435x323px
>>52131747
「Dollhouse」

The stand user of「Dollhouse」can invite anyone he wants into the reality of the Doll house. Anyone who is invited by the stand user verbally the first time will faint and disappear from this reality into the alternate space of 「Dollhouse」where they will be safe from any harm from the main reality but also can be killed inside of the indestructible mansion by the plastic dolls inhabitants if the stand user so desires. The guests of 「Dollhouse」can defend themselves, however prolonged stay will make any doll more resistant to damage and effects by enemy stands trapped within. Any guest can communicate with the stand user of「Dollhouse」but he can stop communication at any time should he so desire. If the stand user is incapacitated or dies, the guests of 「Dollhouse」will reappear in the usual reality in the same location they were before they were invited. If they are released by the stand user, they can walk through a door and appear beside the stand user. Anyone who is guest of 「Dollhouse」doesn't need to eat, drink or sleep but time passes as usual.

If someone has visited 「Dollhouse」 before, they can't be forced to enter it again verbally. They can, however, be invited by the stand while they are asleep or incapacitated and when they wake up, they do so in the guestroom of 「Dollhouse」. Written invitations cannot be refused: any who read an 「Invitation to the Plastic Mansion」immediately reappear in the foyer of 「Dollhouse」.
>>
>>52226229
I've always thought the best way to do it would be to have players pitch ideas, the GM write them up and add a few of their own, and then the players draw from a hat.

Anything left over is understood to be fair game for NPCs.
>>
>>52225183

「Ryder or Riot」

Endurance/Staying: D

「Ryder or Riot」has no apparent form, instead taking the presence of a cloud of bacterial spores that the Stand user can exhale from their mouths. Relatively high concentrations are necessary to infect a person, but once infected, they can pass from person to person via oral contact or liquids.

Humans infected by「Ryder or Riot」behave an in increasingly irrational and unrestrained manner as their inhibitions are lowered until they become nothing more than yelling, hooting, party maniacs, unable to control their own actions. Every type of debauchery, vandalism, and destructive behavior becomes fun as the infection sweeps through a populace. Fortunately the infection burns itself out rather quickly, in less than 24 hours, after which the victim is left relatively unharmed (aside from whatever destruction or injury they suffer during their mania), if dehydrated and hung over. Thanks to immune system adaptation infectees cannot be re-infected for a few days, though as it is a spiritual disease resistance to 「Ryder or Riot」varies based on strength of the user Qi - a trained Hamon user may be able to resist the worst effects entirely, while an average person will get infected again and again.

The stand user has no direct power over the infected, but they become incredibly suggestible and friendly towards them, as if they're an old friend they're drunkenly hanging out with.

TL;DR it makes people chimp out
>>
>>52145727
Does this ability work on non-living things as well?
Like say Under Pressure ran into a stand bound to an item like Anubis. Or was attacked by a golem-like monster.
>>
>>52230020
Again, Araki often uses these references as jumping off points. King Crimson is an inherent reference to the Devil. Diavolo is Italian for "devil." A couple of classic King Crimson songs are "In the Court of the Crimson King" and "Twenty First Century Schizoid Man." Diavolo of course has alternate identity Doppio and Part 5 takes place in 2001.
>>
>>52231764
I did not consider that I'll have to think it over.
>>
>>52232169
If I may offer a suggestion; I was working on a stand with odd karmic powers once.
I figure what I came up with there would help you out here. Have it work on inanimate objects, but only those with a history.

So like the sword Anubis is fair game and can be turned into something lesser, while a more modern item like a bullet or gun is immune to the change. Or if the item has a "personality" like a phone that always drops calls or something it can be changed.
>>
Ripples> stands
>>
File: golden-ratio.jpg (72KB, 1600x1058px) Image search: [Google]
golden-ratio.jpg
72KB, 1600x1058px
>>52232304
Spin>Stands>Ripple
>>
>>52232755
This is true.
>>
>>52231472
OH RADIO, TELL ME EVERYTHING YOU KNOW!
>>
>>52230020
>>52230312
>>52232132
King Crimson was a group that pioneered the chop and screw methods of editing, back when that required tooling with physical tapes rather than computer programs. Things like removing pieces of music and putting them in later, or changing them before the track cuts back to normal. Exactly what the Stand does.
>>
>>52233477
>removing pieces of music
This is King Crimson

>and putting them in later
This is totally different. A Stand that forces you to relive part of your past in your present condition?
>>
REMEMBER!!!

STANDS DON'T HAVE TO BE NAMED AFTER SONGS, YOU CAN NAME THEM AFTER TAROT CARDS!
>>
>>52234618
NO SHUT UP
SONGS ONLY
FUCK YOU
>>
>>52234668

PART 3, MOTHERFUCKER!
>>
>>52234687
AND ONLY PART 3
>>
>>52234697

DOESN'T FUCKING MATTER!
>>
>>52234618
YOU CAN NAME THEM AFTER ANYTHING, REALLY!

Name them after comic books, I Ching hexagrams, or famous historical figures.

Hell, do that last one and make your own weird Fate/Bizarre Adventure mashup.
>>
File: JoJo Stand Template.png (54KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
JoJo Stand Template.png
54KB, 600x600px
Look what I found!
>>
>>52234800
To my knowledge, the only book to attempt non traditional stand names was Jorge Joestar.
We DO NOT talk about Jorge Joestar.
>>
>>52234912
Useful! Not quite on the scale I've been trying to set up (The older versions of the google sheets API would have allowed a radar chart like this to be automatically generated from input sheet data), but still, I guess I can just use photoshop.

>>52228532
>>52228596
Alright, I've polished up a little, here is in fact, my mad man's theorem. I'll try and find a fresher thread to repost this in some other time as well.

https://docs.google.c o m /document/d/1plyDBqcyChY-MFaRF7LFYGLYrS7511LsXvAhbQtOBIk/edit?usp=sharing
>>
>>52234668
Or artists or albums.
>>
>>52235029

Was that the 37 KARS ON MARS story?
>>
>>52234618

God names work as well.
>>
>>52235051
I suppose I should provide some kind of report of efficacy. The party consists of
「We Will All Go Together When We Go」or 「We All Go Together」, which is a giant flying cross that projects a planetary range cone that begins forming one way portals between any fluid containing vessels within it, at random, that force fluid from one container to the other. It also has a second, radial ability, that is completely conditonally triggered, that I don't want to spoil yet because even the user has forgotten some of the triggers and I know the party are likely going to read this.

「Bees Geez」is a long range punch ghost that is only as strong and tough as an average person, but is quite fast and gets faster any time anyone within hearing says a word that contains a 'b' noise. Later on in the session, preparedness and stand potential was leveraged to reveal it also has a secondary ability 「Stayin Alive」that triggers if its user is close to death, that causes an adrenaline surge in every living thing within a city sized area every time they say a word containing 'b'. This is incapacitating or lethal if they go above 5 'b's. This was used to keep them from freezing to death when targeted by a stand sapping their heat in Cape York, Greenland. A party member hit 6 b's and was not better off for it.

「Dogs of Rotterdam」is an absurdly fast and fairly independent dog stand that causes victims within line of sight to start seeing dogs in every pattern or object around them, and after several turns people are simply adrift in a psychedelic dogscape, which gradually starts to erode their other senses as well.
>>
File: 1347698226293.jpg (239KB, 720x976px) Image search: [Google]
1347698226293.jpg
239KB, 720x976px
>>52235488
「Erasure」is a hulking stand that slowly snakes out chains into its environment. While these chains can inexorably crush anything they entangle, its main ability is that once it makes intersections with them, people within become target-able by its ability to create portals to their memories within intersections. These are actual physical places, and the portals are two way, but invisible on the memory side. People targeted can be fully aware their memories are being altered, and see how, but they can't recall the original form of the memory once it is altered, only the changed version. Anything taken from the memory works perfectly fine. They used this to retrieve sunlight to kill some vampires in the middle of the night in Greenland, but since the stand only opens to the target's current most emotionally prominent memory, they got this from a memory of using a sunrise to kill another vampire. Who nearly managed to bite 「Erasure」's user in the process. The portals can be used to inexorably sever objects as well, such as when they sliced a chunk of metal in half with it by opening a portal to when two of the party members met each other. When the portals are closed, everything that is on the wrong side of the memory portal (present in the memory, memory people or objects in the present) are flung forcefully and quickly at the portal as it narrows to the radius at which that object can just fit through.

This was used at one point, in the most unintentional combo I've ever seen:

#1: The party is fighting「We All Go Together」's long term nemesis with some history, who is flying away into the night with the aid of their stand 「Sunday Bloody Sunday」, having erased their gravity and then slingshotted themselves using a dogsled.
>>
>>52235619
*unintentionally brutal combo

#2: 「We All Go Together」remembers that Robyn, 「Erasure」's user, was drinking coffee earlier on in their car chase. He grabs it and activates his stand in an upwards arc. Out here, the usual drawbacks of his 45 degree cone aren't nearly as bad, and the steaming coffee cup begins being emptied directly into the bloodstream of their enemy, Mr. Bonovich. Spontaneously having a large amount of still relatively hot coffee enter your arteries is bad shit.

#3: Robyn, taking a second to realise what is being done with her coffee, begins closing the portal in the back of their jeep from which the coffee was summoned. Pulling the entire liquid contents teleported inside Bonovich out of his body, through the windshield of their jeep, and back through the portal. Shredding Bonovich's arm and shoulder open in the process.

Arguably #4: 2 turns later, Bonovich hits 7 'b' noises under the effect of 「Stayin Alive」and his heart rate accelerates to the point that all of his blood is violent ejected from his body.
>>
What are some good ideas for a stand that would be useful but not broken with this song? I'm thinking it should be something based around forced apathy or memory manipulation.

「Judgement Day」

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L-eR35VoDOg
>>
File: 1308300752582.jpg (176KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1308300752582.jpg
176KB, 600x600px
>>52235725
Honestly I feel like this could easily be a self-endangering stand.

It harmlessly but quite possibly irreversibly removes any identifying features of its user that could lead to them being impeded at whatever they are trying to do.

It removes the users facial features, prints, etc. when passing through checkpoints. If the user tried to enter a locked building it would remove 99% of their body such that the tiny sliver that remains is still able to slip through the gap between the closed doors. If someone reaches out to grab them, they grasp empty air because you don't have the parts of your body they were going to make contact with anymore.
>>
File: 20140520095052-GWAR.jpg (82KB, 630x430px) Image search: [Google]
20140520095052-GWAR.jpg
82KB, 630x430px
Part of me has always wanted to draft up a Jojo one shot with the members of GWAR as the stands, but for the life of me I've never been able to think of good names or abilities for them.
>>
>>52236325
>I've never been able to think of good names
> the members of GWAR
>Stand names are based off of songs
Are you fucking serious?
>>
Stand: [SEKAI ICHI]
Potential: D
The Stand permits the user to turn any machine in a 5 meter radius of him into a weapon that can be controlled by his will by yelling "SEKAI ICHI!" . The more complex tte machine the more powerful/complex will be the weapon created. For example: a cell phone will transform into a gun, a car would transform to a heavy machine gun.
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 42

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.