[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

List of 40K influences

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

File: IMG_0095.jpg (593KB, 2408x1505px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0095.jpg
593KB, 2408x1505px
>Imperium: Nazi Germans, Catholic Church, Dune Imperium, Dune, Judge Dredd
>Imperial Guard: WWI, Aliens
>Space Marines: Medieval Knight Groups, Aliens
>Rogue Traders: Dune
>Chaos: Nemesis the Warlock
>Eldar: LotR
>Orkz: LotR
>Tau: Giant Robot Anime
>Necrons: Terminator, Ancient Egypt
>Tyranids: Aliens
Am I missing anything?
>>
Fuck off with your shitty bait threads.
>>
File: Torquemada.jpg (298KB, 900x1170px) Image search: [Google]
Torquemada.jpg
298KB, 900x1170px
>>52130126

Nemesis was an influence on just about everything. I wouldn't single out chaos as coming from that.

DO NOT SUFFER THE DEVIANT TO LIVE.
>>
Dark Eldar
>Pirates
>Ninjas
>Vampires
>Cenobites
>Anarcho-Capitalist society cranked to level 11
>Joseph Mengele
>>
File: Squat.jpg (64KB, 738x936px) Image search: [Google]
Squat.jpg
64KB, 738x936px
>>52130126
Yes
>>
>>52130126
Eldar: Greece, Dune, Star trek
Orkz: Mad Max
Tau: 1984
Tyranids: Zerg :3
>>
>>52130126
>chaos: nemesis the worlock
>not lovecraft
>>
>>52131569
>Anarcho-Capitalist society cranked to level 11
This is the part where the thread gets shitted up with political skub. You could've said Anarcho-Egoist and nobody would've cared, but it would be accurate.
>>
>>52131803
Just talking about the themes of Commorragh, not trying to bring up politics.
Also, Genestealer Cults are communist.
>>
>>52130126
>>Imperium: Nazi Germans, Catholic Church,
>multiculti
Pick one
>>
>>52133301

Are you >implying there weren't a lot of Nazis who were good Catholics?
>>
>>52133586
I mean Imperium isn't
>Nazi Germans, Catholic Church,
>>
>>52133605

But those are clearly an influence on its design. The WH40k general doesn't use that "Catholic Space Nazis" image all the time for nothing. Their whole aesthetic is a cross between the two.
>>
>>52133648
>But those are clearly an influence on its design.
Where?
>>
>>52131832
Commorragh is Gomorrah. It's not taken from some anarcho-capitalist wet dream it's taken from the old testament. All it's meant to be is a city of vice.
>>
>>52131832
>Also, Genestealer Cults are communist.

They literally have a hierarchical structure, what are you talking about?
>>
>>52130126

Tyranids are based off of Starship Troopers you idiot. Genestealers are the Alien-lookalikes.
>>
>>52133692
Not that anon, but look at the structures and governance of the Administratum (including the Departmento Munitorum) for some of the Nazi influence (the competitiveness, for one) and for the Catholic influence, you'll of course find it almost exclusively in the symbolism, architecture and visual design of the Ecclesiarchy and its satellite organisations. Gothic architecture, one of the visual influences
of the Imperium as a whole (or at least the hive cities, spaceships and churches) was also born of Catholicism, IIRC.
>>
>>52131832
>Also, Genestealer Cults are communist.
What? Station determined by birth (well, genetic origin/lineage) rather than active contribution, non-interchangeability of roles, etc?

It might share a few particulars with some extremely unbalanced communist subphilosophies, but it's close to the exact opposite of Marxism (assuming that's what you meant by Communism). Unquestioning (manipulated/enforced) loyalty to the ideal is desirous for all causes/structures, it's not something that's unique to communism even if some famous communist societies were more heavy-handed about it than most.
>>
>>52130126

What is correlation Alex?
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.