[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Samurai Jack Game

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 5

File: 1489246871029.jpg (254KB, 1200x1920px) Image search: [Google]
1489246871029.jpg
254KB, 1200x1920px
Do you guys have any idea for a campaign in this world?
>>
>>52128953
Bump
>>
>>52128953
Numenera comes to mind
>>
>>52128953
When basing a game off of a series, or any other piece of media really, you have to answer one question.

>Is there anything to do in the setting outside of the main plot?
>>
>>52131636
Not op, but the show was episodic, and features multiple different scenarios. Saving the dogs from space Beatles, siege the tower with 3 legendary warriors to obtain a wish fountain, climbing big ass mountain, fucking Scotsman and his various journeys. Most of these are only loosely related to the general plot, and have more to do with jack spending time doing heroic things for the sake of others.

The ending is essentially railroaded in that after you kill aku, the campaign would have no remaining purpose of any kind since the big evil guy is gone.

Unless you want to have jack conquer ancient asia after spending years training in future style combat.
>>
File: 1420045440362.jpg (252KB, 756x834px) Image search: [Google]
1420045440362.jpg
252KB, 756x834px
>>52128953
>Popular cartoon/movie comes out.
>Threads start popping up with "HOW DO I RUN SOMETHING LIKE THIS?!"
Every time.
>>
>>52131762
Here's the thing though. Jack did those things, not your players. The setting quite literally revolves around the foolish samurai. There's very little outside of him and what he does. There's no room to play.
>>
>>52131806
I imagined jack was more or less non existent for the campaign purposes and players fought his various enemies, or scenarios built out of the lands he traveled through.

If jack is in the world then you are right, there is nothing to do, as he carries the only sword that can kill aku.

Morale of the story is that i'm going to cannibalize events from samurai jack for my group if i have nothing ready to go. The tower is a great episode for basing a one off campaign session on imo, alternatively the gargoyle with wish granting fairy has potential as well.
>>
I was thinking about doing this with Feng Shui 2, and with the PCs taking the place of Jack.
>>
>>52128953
mebbe this?

assuming the players are freedom fighters trying to escape aky/help jack, etc

its a kitchen sink setting so the system has to be malleable imo
>>
File: tumblr_oh5xpj2FF31s6jkuco2_500.jpg (124KB, 500x630px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_oh5xpj2FF31s6jkuco2_500.jpg
124KB, 500x630px
>>52128953
this minus the "D"
>>
>>52131636
It's a setting where a classic gangster, a wizard, an alien, and a talking dog can walk into a bar without it being strange.

I'm sure someone good at making plots from scratch can work with it.
>>
File: Screenshot_2017-03-12-01-41-22.png (424KB, 960x540px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_2017-03-12-01-41-22.png
424KB, 960x540px
>>52131636
You just need to make the story about other character on the same universe. There is scum and villainy everywhere on the setting.
>>
>>52128953
everything from samurai Jack can be found in shadowrun. Basically you just put less orcs and elves and replace them with random Surge (genetic freaks) instead
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.