[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Non typical complains you have on a rpg system (rules, setting,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: tavern.jpg (869KB, 946x725px) Image search: [Google]
tavern.jpg
869KB, 946x725px
>D&D 5e
I don't like there are no knockback rules, big createrus should be able to displace smaller creatures just by their mass.

Creatures can fight at 100% capabilities until they are at 0 hp, and then they suddenly fall unconscious/die

>Pathfinder
Too many splats, it makes too hard to have a party of veteran and new players, or a new dm to have veteran players

>GURPS
A combat flow chart with page references and optional rules marked down could improve greatly the life for newcomers
>>
>>52124757
Those are pretty typical gripes, dude.
>>
>>52124805
even the knockback rules?
>>
>>52124828
Well, giving basically 0 shit about position and hence removing an interesting tactical element from the game, including abilities that pull/push/move enemies and allies around is a pretty common complaint from people who preferred the more tactical gameplay of 4e.

Then again, that's not that many.
>>
>no one ever wants to run low magic games
>when you try to run a low magic game in a popular setting everyone assumes it means low magic for the players, high magic for everyone else
>>
>>52124757
>D&D 3/3.5
The skillpoint curve quickly just flatlines at negative intelligence.

>Eberron setting
Always seems to do ideas with potential in the blandest way possible.

>Talislanta
The default action table is weighted towards success a bit to much.

>DSA/The dark eye
Setting is very bland and mundane.
I hate that courage is a stat.
>>
>>52125517
Fucking this. I'd love to play in a world where magic is rare and 'magical' and not just an I win button.
>>
>>52124757
>Creatures can fight at 100% capabilities until they are at 0 hp, and then they suddenly fall unconscious/die

I've encountered only two systems that can emule the loss of capabilities : Mongoose Traveller (don't know about other editions) and Legend of the five rings.
>>
>>52124757
>D&D5e
I don't 5e, but couldn't you just design your monsters with knockback as a special ability?
Or does that edition lack any monster creation guidelines?

As for fighting at 100% thing... I'm not sure how to port this in without the scaling HP making it feel really weird.

>Pathfinder
Help newbies build their characters, or take character build orders and bring a dude that's similar enough to what they want to play. For a majority of players, this cuts startup time... a few players will try to take advantage of this though.

>GURPS
http://www.sjgames.com/gurps/utilities/#gurps
Combat flowchart has been on their website for over a decade.
>>
>>52124757
>Creatures can fight at 100% capabilities until they are at 0 hp, and then they suddenly fall unconscious/die
Wonder if bringing back the Condition track idea from Star Wars SAGA would fix this?
>>
>>52124757
The d20pfsrd does wonders for sifting through Pathfinder's pile of content.
>>
>>52126292
You must not get out much. World of Darkness, Shadowrun, Ars Magika, and Burning Wheel, are all relatively well known games that have death spiral mechanics.
>>
What are must-have advantages and supporting skills for a warrior using Spear and Throwing?
>>
>>52127431
Forgot to mention - TL0
>>
>>52127431
>>52127465
Wrong thread?
>>
>>52127431
>>52127465
Hm, TL. Were you perhaps aiming for /gurpsgen/?
>>
>>52124757
>Pathfinder
>Too many splats, it makes too hard to have a party of veteran and new players, or a new dm to have veteran players

>Finding the options
d20pfsrd and ArchivesofNethys make *finding* the options easy. I often restrict my players to only options available on those two sites. You could add the further restriction of only Paizo content if you like (3pp is clearly marked as such), I typically go Paizo only from those sources, + Ultimate Psionics from Dreamscarred Press.

>New Players
http://zenithgames.blogspot.ca/2012/11/the-comprehensive-pathfinder-guides.html
Give this link to your players. Strongly suggest they use the guides until they know what they're doing.

>New GM
Require the Players send you characters 2 weeks before the first session, and send levelups at least a week in advance, so you have time to audit their character and tell them if there are any problems, with time to fix it.
My preference is Google Docs for character sheets, but really you just want something online where they can put all their info clearly and concisely, where you can see any changes made, and so can they.
>>
>>52127431
It's been years since I played GURPS but I'd hazard the following:

Combat Reflexes (Going first and dodging = living)
High Pain Threshold (No Shock = Hitting more often = Living)
Immunity to Disease (No Infections = Living)

Skills
Spears
Thrown Weapon (Spears)
Spear Thrower (If allowed)
Brawling
Shields (If allowed)
Armory TL/0 (Melee Weapons)
Armory TL/0 (Ranged Weapons)
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.