[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 323
Thread images: 47

File: 1321007950524.jpg (75KB, 727x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1321007950524.jpg
75KB, 727x1024px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Shadowlands BBS (Archive)...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52087743
>DSM_2077.knwsft
>Chicken_Soup_For_The_Cyborg_Soul.trid
>SMILE.prsnfx

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 278 (63% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled "This is an automated reminder of your therapy appoint on..."
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Sunrise_Sunset.btl

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Cyberpsychosis Edition

How do your runners cope with their actions? Are they haunted by any of their past actions? Do they regret the blood they've shed? Do they even care anymore?
>>
Skimmers > Skates

It's like you drekheads don't wanna be fast, fly and furious.
>>
Viability of shotgun grenadier medic before getting frags and HE?
>>
>>52116667
Some prefer stealthy, neighbour of Satan.

>>52116840
Shotgun = not stealthy
Grenades = conditionally stealthy
>>
>>52116852
>neighbour of Satan.
Having spent the last few days getting addicted to CK2 all over again with the new expansion pack, with a satanic republic next door to me over in England, I have this sudden urge to try and find a Shadowrun mod for the game, playing as megacorps instead of, you know, kings.
>>
File: download (2).jpg (43KB, 640x642px) Image search: [Google]
download (2).jpg
43KB, 640x642px
>>52116667
Skimmer-gangers in speed-dealer sunnies roaring down highways, kitted with grapple hands and internal weapons designed to fire their drug payloads at high-speeds sounds fucking amazing.
>>
>>52116852
>Shotgun = not stealthy
1. Stop using flechette ammo. Seriously, what were you thinking?
2. Put a silencer on it.
3. Get EX ammo
4. Do 14P AP -2 on your cheap-ass Enfield while getting a 24 round clip and ability to do long bursts
5. Drink sniperfag tears all day every day
>>
>>52117214
>2. Put a silencer on it.
>Silencer/suppressor: [...] It cannot be used with revolvers or shotguns.

Not fuckin' stealthy. Maaate.
>>
>>52116620
>How do your runners cope with their actions?
Which kinds? Some are easier then others to cope with.
>Are they haunted by any of their past actions?
No, which actually is saying something considering he was arguably a terrorist. He saw his actions as personally justified though, even though that's no longer a major part of his life.
>Do they regret the blood they've shed?
This he doesn't bother doing.
He generally avoids killing, but when he's gotta he's gotta and he isn't going to cry about it.
>Do they even care anymore?
Yes, but not about violence.
>>
>>52117245
You know this is actually not technically true even in real life.
It's more that putting a suppressor on a shotgun is kinda worthless because it's already fairly loud even for a gun so even the suppressed sound is much too loud.
Generally people using suppressor in real life use subsonic ammunition such as .45ACP rounds because suppressed shots are way too loud even as it is.
>>
>>52117245
Catalyst doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vsPq9xtE69w
>>
>>52117319
>>52117245
>>52117214
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pboKPTg3YbA

Bull SHIT you can't silence a shotgun.
>>
Forgive CGL. They were too busy picking out bathroom tiles and shitting on the freelancers to do any checking.
>>
>>52117214
>explosive ammo
>stealthy
que
>>
>>52117375
True. Yeah, then take off the EX ammo and make it 13P -1AP which still shits on most snipers at common ranges. Or if you're all about less-lethal operation go for gel/SnS rounds.
>>
>>52117319
>You know this is actually not technically true even in real life.
Fully and 100% aware. It's still something that's lasted since at least 4e, possibly longer.

Also aware that silencers aren't nearly as effective in RL as they are in SR.
>>
>>52117478
Actually, in SR4 there was a specialized Revolver silencer.
>>
>>52117478
I guess if the logic was that all suppressors had counter-frequency generators (as in they generate the exact opposite frequency noise as the sound that is coming out of the gun, eliminating entirely the human ear's ability to hear the sound) I guess that would work.

Though that would more like provide an absolutely zero percent chance of anyone ever hearing it rather then just a negative modifier.
>>
>>52117517
But not a shotgun silencer, which is the topic, as opposed to the incidental mention of revolvers.
>>
>>52117550
+1 Perception threshold by 1 and -4 Perception rolls. That's pretty hefty vs standard humans. Maybe they do something like that.
>>
File: Runner Compounds.jpg (381KB, 800x906px) Image search: [Google]
Runner Compounds.jpg
381KB, 800x906px
>>
>>52117584
>+1 Perception threshold by 1 and -4 Perception rolls
Core book 135-136: Gunfire is threshold 1. Suppressed/silenced gunfire is 2. The entry for silencer/suppressor gives a -4 to perception rolls to notice.

That makes it pretty unlikely for a normal person to notice, especially if they're distracted (-2) or it's not in the immediate vicinity (-2). But then again, that's the point of a suppressor. It wouldn't be worth much if it didn't make it really hard for a layperson to recognize the gunshot.

Although after enough shots, even the most oblivious bystander may notice eventually by dint of the sheer number of rolls he'll get to make.
>>
>>52116840
Do you have chemical knowledge? Our medic uses lots of gas
>>
>>52117136
And I have one in my campaign. They're so fucking cool that the group doesn't even wanna go after them. They're just alright with 'em.
>>
>>52117584
There's still a chance.
In the scenario I'm describing it would literally be impossible to hear; the human cochlear system is not capable of registering that kind of phenomena.
>>
Are Technomancers trackeable with an EMF scanner? Does it depend if they are 'online' or not?
>>
File: Anton.jpg (43KB, 636x323px) Image search: [Google]
Anton.jpg
43KB, 636x323px
>>52117338
Sounds like an air cannon. Not bad.
Shame we'll never be like pic related.
>>
Let's say you've got an all mundane team. A decker, infiltrator/sammy, and a face. There's a Force 3 fire spirit patrolling the floor, and you've got to get around and find your target.

How do you get past it? Can you defeat it?
>>
>>52118960
Stick n' shock
>>
>>52118960
Defeating it shouldn't be that hard. The problem is that will immediately alert the mage that summoned it, and a mundane team with an incoming mage and no warning is going to have problems.

If it's underground, easier to collapse the place on it and hope it travels in the wrong direction after losing its bearings. Otherwise, try to hurry up afterwards.
>>
>>52117214
>flechette ammo
>more damage than regular ammo
>less effective against armor
And that's how I realized that the devs had no idea how guns work. At all.
>>
I love this game, but the system is trash
>>
>>52119224
Does the electric damage bypass the immunity to normal weapons?
>>
>>52119302
It's weird, but the dice equivalency versus the DV increase should usually work out in flechette's favor on soak rolls.

Don't know why they have that dynamic at all, though.
>>
File: 1320124946616.jpg (105KB, 319x407px) Image search: [Google]
1320124946616.jpg
105KB, 319x407px
So, is adrenaline boost decent? I'm half tempted to pick it up since I only have +10 on my initiative rolls, and my dice seem pretty damn keen on putting me at 14 IP instead of like 21ish like odds roll 4d6 would suggest I'd get.
>>
>>52119402, >>52119302
If they just bothered to change "flechette" to "buckshot" the problem would be solved.
>>
>>52119302
I just call it and describe it as buckshot.
>>52118960
Yeah, Force 3 isn't that bad.
It means it has Hardened Armor 6, which is pretty shitty overall; EX rounds in a heavy pistol and double-tapping with good accuracy could seriously injure it still, and if the Sammy has an assault rifle and knows how to use it it's even more assuredly dead then before.

Hell, even a classic street sam with a katana and some jacked-up strength could waste it in a solid hit.
>>
New campaign book out, anyone got it yet? And thoughts? Is it worth the nuyen?

http://www.drivethrurpg.com/m/product/207193
>>
>>52120478
I've heard good things, don't have it myself.
>>
Is there any danger to taking drugs that do different things? for instance if I took Nitro and Cram
>>
>>52119539
funnily enough they did in 4e, kinda
the entry on shotguns mentions that they usually use slugs, but you can use buckshot

which uses flechette rules
>>
>>52121005
as long as the boni don't overlap you are fine
but you take damage if they both boost the same attribute
>>
>>52116667
>fly

That's not flying, it's wearing balloons on your feet. Your air cushions are way less stylish than cyberskates, and way less furious - you can't leave tire tracks on someone's throat with skimmers.
>>
>>52119381
>Does the electric damage bypass the immunity to normal weapons?
Nope. That power gives the spirit hardened armor to all attacks that are non-magical in nature. That includes non-magical energy attacks.

That said, an F3 fire spirit only has hardened armor 6, total soak of 10, and defense 10. It's toast.
>>
>>52121221
>you can't leave tire tracks on someone's throat with skimmers.

Not until I deploy my retractable climbing claws while skimming over their throat.
>>
Whats the difference between a grapple hand, and putting a grapple gun in your arm?
>>
>>52121597
When you fire the former, you only have one hand to do other things with.
>>
>>52121597
Grapple hand makes you more like Inspector Gadget.
>>
>>52121574
A) those aren't tires

B) deployed skimmers are supposed to entirely reshape the feet. Using them and climbing claws at the same time is possible RAW but seems unreasonable to me
>>
>>52121697
I'm pretty sure Sage is extinct in the sixth world, omae
>>
File: tactical_bard_by_niw-d78zeey.jpg (257KB, 600x800px) Image search: [Google]
tactical_bard_by_niw-d78zeey.jpg
257KB, 600x800px
Good lord I hate Data Trails. Someone remind me of the mechanics behind AIs and autosofts works again? Something something spend karma, something something we won't tell you what to do about ratings because that would be too god damned easy.
>>
/srg/, I need a clarification.

I am currently running Splintered State, and today we will be doing the Brackhaven Investments run. The Johnson provides the group with some toys, including a “Quickened Potency 6, Force 6, Destruction Trigger alchemical preparation of an Increase Willpower” (try quickly saying it 3 times). How the fuck do quickened alchemical dreck work? Is it a permanent spell, as per Quickening metamagic power? Who pays the Karma to sustain it, the user or the mage that made the preparation?

Also, the building is surrounded by a force 5 ward. Can someone quickly run me through how this ward will interact with alchemical preparations and active spells? They can’t pass unless the mage slings some mojo, right?

If a mage tries to press through a barrier and fails, does the barriers master detect the attempt?

This clearly indicates I need to read the magic chapter again, right?
>>
>>52122183
Can't say I know about quickened preparations, but I know barriers relatively well. Preparations that aren't doing anything at the moment are like inactive foci; 'stealth mode', and able to pass through mana barriers without a single fuck given, though inactive preparations are still visibly magical in nature. The creator of a barrier isn't alerted when it successfully repels something or it's successfully bypassed, but they are alerted when it's attacked in any way.
>>
>>52122266
Thanks. I did miss that inactive preps are exempt. Nice that you informed me.

Now let's wait for someone who knows his alchemy =)
>>
>>52122266
Well, ok, this is all assuming the mana barrier is astral. Physical mana barriers (don't get them confused with physical barriers) can stop inactive preparations, foci and awakened folks in their tracks. The weakness of a physical mana barrier is that purely astral shit glides through it no problem. Secure facilities usually have both, and you'll have to check Splintered State for what type of mana barriers are there.
>>
>>52122039
Basically:
- AIs can learn a number of programs equal to their Depth + Essence. (DT pg. 146)
- Pilot Origins allow them to load/convert/use drone autosofts. (DT pg. 151)
- Pilot Origin AI's use their Depth as Pilot value for any vehicle/drone they're piloting (DT pg. 156)
- AI spend 5 karma to "learn' a regular program like a mage woud a spell. (DT pg. 158)
- A Pilot cannot run an autosoft higher than itself, hence the AI is limited to its Depth in autosoft ratings. (R5.0 pg. 127)
- The maximum rating for autosofts is 6 (R5.0 pg. 127)

TL;DR: AI with Pilot Origins can use/run/learn autosofts with rating up to its Depth and hard max of 6.
>>
>>52122286
With the alchemy question, i just did a bit of poking around and it seems like it might be an error. 'Quickened' preparations are both redundant and illegal, might have meant that it's fixated. Destruction trigger is a theoretically valid trigger, but not one that's ever listed outside of Splintered State.
>>
>>52122287
It does not indicate the type, but I assumed it's a mana barrier, because the text claims “Astrally projecting forms are unable to pass through the ward”.

Also, I assume that the barrier is only a mana barrier, because the whole building is surrounded by it, and that would cause some problems for their own.

And another question on quickening. If the spell expires in any way (dispelled, broken by walking through a barrier, whatnot), does the mage get his invested karma back?
>>
>>52122368
Nope, that karma is gone.
>>
>>52122329
Yep, found the same info on the CGL forums. Thanks, chummer!
>>
Another question, not really Shadowrun related... well, kinda related. On the floor plan on the Brackhaven Investments building there are rooms called "Mechanical and Custodial Goods" and "Custodial Administration".

I'm not a native speaker, so can someone inform me what the drek do those mean? Some janitorial stuff maybe?
>>
>>52122610
>"Mechanical and Custodial Goods"

Machine parts, brooms, mops, tools. Janitor stuff

>"Custodial Administration"

Janitor's office, or where the janitor's boss does paperwork.
>>
>>52122629
Thanks a bunch. Have actually deduced it by googling, but did not save the translated map until I've got a confirmation.
>>
>>52122676
Out of curiosity, does 'custodial' not translate to your native language?
>>
File: file.png (52KB, 387x142px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
52KB, 387x142px
>>52121145
They did it in 5e, too.
>>
>>52122755
not him, but in my language we wouldn't use the equivalent to "custodial" for a janitor.
>>
>>52117658
A person of the streets isn't actually going to hear a silenced gunshot unless they're both listening for it and have some extra help, either with a good environment or lots of gear.

And if you go for maximum silence, not only will a person off the streets never hear it, but even a super-average person is going to need advantageous circumstances to hear it.

>>52118364
Don't forget that there's more noise than the gunshot itself. There's the impact (can't really be affected except by not hitting anything) and the gun's own mechanisms (less likely to be heard).
>>
File: 1481234834763.jpg (64KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1481234834763.jpg
64KB, 800x600px
>>52122879
>A person of the streets isn't actually going to hear a silenced gunshot unless they're both listening for it and have some extra help, either with a good environment or lots of gear.
>And if you go for maximum silence, not only will a person off the streets never hear it, but even a super-average person is going to need advantageous circumstances to hear it.

From a gameplay perspective, I'm okay with this.
>>
>>52121005
If you're using the extra stuff in Chrome Flesh, there's not much of a chance of anything bad happening until they wear off. 5 or 6 on a 1d6 and then the crash (when it happens) will be doubled, and there's still the 1 in 6 chance that instead you get lucky and they both last double time.

If you cheaped out and got one or two street-cooked grade then you're running an actual risk. If you had the scratch and good contact necessary to get them both designer grade then there's only a 1 in 6 chance of the doubled crash and a 2 in six chance of getting the doubled duration benefit.
>>
>>52120478
Soon as a PDF is available, it'll go in the box, don't worry.
>>
>>52121005
>for instance if I took Nitro and Cram

You're eating 15 unresisted stun damage (9 from the nitro, and then 6 from the Cram) once they both wear off.

As long as you can handle the addiction, and your fellow runners are willing to drag your unconscious ass home and make sure it doesn't accidentally put you into overflow, you should be good.
>>
Helicopter crash (being reduced to negative damage boxes).
Should I just use the regular crash rules, or make it nasty? I have a feeling that dropping out of the sky is more dangerous, than hitting a brick wall in your van.
>>
>>52123090
Why do you feel that?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bZwG2pjzUAo

>Razorgirls
>>
File: Capture.png (341KB, 407x407px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
341KB, 407x407px
>>52123090
You could also use the falling damage rules, but subtract the helicopter's Body from the damage to represent safety systems and generally good design. The DV then would be [meters fallen - helicopter Body] and AP -4.

You could also let the driver make a last-second vehicle test to reduce the effective meters fallen.
>>
Whats the point of other melee weapons when monofilament whips exist?
>>
>>52123587
Being cheap, legally obtainable and not cutting your dumb self when you fuck up, omae.
>>
>>52123618
Also so you can hit someone and not instantly kill them. If you're into that sort of thing.
>>
>>52123862
That's what 5e martial arts are for.
>>
The team decided that me (as a mundane non-decker) should go check out the apartment block of a BTL dealer we've been hired to capture while they do their thing preparing for the run (matrix searches etc). The GM and me are meeting up for a solo run for my character so I can take care of this.

What are some boots-on-the ground things I should do, considering my character is a former detective? Knock on doors? Loiter suspiciously? I'm trying to think of ways to RP this and get some info with my own eyes that won't get me noticed/caught.

It'd be early-ish in the morning, 6-7. I assume people would be waking up so I could maybe blend into the neighborhood?
>>
>>52123974
first of all you should find out
>How many people are usually in the apartment
>How easy is it to enter/leave?
>If restricted, what do you need to show to be allowed to enter?

I think your easiest bet is asking the people in the block, maybe try to pose as a newcomer that wants some BTL goodness and heard of the dealer, but doesn't know how to get to him
>>
Is there a way to copy drones or other vehicles in chummer?
>>
>>52124218
Sounds like a plan. We'll make sure I had a credstick with enough to buy if I am forced to.
>>
How do people get away with sick team vans with mounted machineguns? Wouldn't cops notice the forbidden weapon in a forbidden weapon mount? Or are they somehow retractable?
>>
>>52125000
You can have retractable weapon mounts, yes
>>
>>52117473
Or put at least APDS for 13P -5AP
>>
>>52117473
Oh and if you are rolling with the Enfield, don't forget Smartgun system and Ammo Skip for switching between ammo types as free action.
>>
Book of the Lost is out. Anyone know if its got crunch?
>>
Do Adepts leave astral signatures?
>>
>>52125242
It's based on the sixth world tarot, so probably not. Unless the rose that that dickhead Harlequin is holding on page 6 is actually a released Everliving Flower, bleached black.
>>52125259
Played in a missions game once, resounding opinion there was 'no', since adepts are altering their own aura to create a power instead of just drawing it in and slapping their dick on reality to make a change.
>>
>Mr. Johnson moves away and tells if we wish to set up a contact with his replacement
>Say yes since his jobs were solid and he was a friend of one of our contacts we say yes
>Replacement Mr. Johnson comes and offers us a job sinking some whalers
>Alright
>8 whalers what could it be so bad?
>Turns out all of them have assault riffles and giant harpoon gun
>Too busy shooting to ask why
>Try to sell their gear for some extra cash
>Fence tell us this shit is nova hot and refuse to take. It belongs to the Dutch Penose
>Ask our Vory Tzar friend if he knows if the dutch have whalers or if he have seen the captain before.
>Our faces when the captain is actually one of the Dutch bosses. We just killed one of the Dutch Penose bosses while in the middle of war between two Vory Tzar offer the city.
GM damm you you glorious bastard. But was this unexpected.
>>
I've been told to do Food Fight to get players and myself accustomed to Shadowrun. Should I do the 4e version in a Stuffer Shack or the 5e version at McHugh's? It seems like the 5e version has more decking and role-playing, but the map is totally fucked thanks to poor editing.
>>
>>52125962
Which edition are you playing?
>>
>>52126046
5e
>>
File: 1462332636834.jpg (764KB, 1200x2150px) Image search: [Google]
1462332636834.jpg
764KB, 1200x2150px
>>52116620
How do you roll play as someone with cyberpsychosis without being a stick in the mud that does nothing but be quite and brood?
>>
>>52126052
Do the 5e version. Not Fast Food Fight 5.0, which is the one in the McHughs. Although it can make a good follow-up to the actual Food Fight.

Look in Plots and Paydata for the 5e Food Fight.
>>
>>52126098
However you want. You don't have to Adam Jensen with it. You could easily be an arrogant prick, or go mad with power, or just get eccentric or unhinged.
>>
>>52126098
be disconnected, embarrassed, or pity people.
>>
>>52126052
>>52126131
The Stuffer Shack one is in the Beginner Box, in the "CAT27100X_Quick-Start Rules" pdf
>>
>>52126098
An obsession with collecting ceramic unicorns
>>
>>52126098
If you can't figure that out on your own, you might be unfit for roleplaying.
I have to wonder how you types see other people. Are you just clinically incapable of imagining other people's circumstances, emotions or thoughts at all? It takes literally two seconds of thought to figure out how not to do it, and two more to figure out how to do it.
Someone who used to enjoy life a lot before, but who's hyper-conscious of the difference that Essence loss brings and tries obtrusively hard to be the life of the party to "counteract" their fading emotions.
Someone who gets carried away with their power now they have cybernetics, and is always thinking of runs in terms of showing off and feeling powerful because it's an easy way to avoid having to worry about anything else.
Someone who considers their loss of emotion a good or at least convenient thing, eschewing angsting in exchange for just being cold and computing (and maybe being the first to suggest the coldly logical but cruel option because they're afraid of losing their logical authority on everything).
There are plenty of ways of handling it, and you're posting a passive-aggressive post that reeks of earlier embitterment instead of thinking about it for even a few seconds.
>>
>>52126172
It is probably in there too. Hell, I'd bet if people searched, there's another location it can be found for 5e.
>>
>>52126158
I'm currently building a character that was meant to believe he's a pirate

Got him some hacking gear and a bulky cyberarm with maxed out agility and strength to chop people up with his otherwise not very useful custom vibro sword

Cyberpsychosis would only add color to the character. I was thinking of making him only refer to himself at the 3rd person, giving delusions about some kind of freedom fighter and an irrational hatred of ninjas and anything japan related
>>
>>52126184
Are you OK? Do you need someone to talk to?
>>
>>52126131
>>52126172
>>52126198
Cool, thanks
>>
>>52126259
maybe he's having cyberpsychosis too
>>
>>52126247
Sounds like some combination of Prejudice (Weebshit), Superhuman Psychosis, and Cyberpsychosis
>>
What does Imbue Item/Attune Item actually do?
>>
>>52126816
Attune Item lets you do a ritual to spend karma to change an item so that you add your grade to its used limit. So if you attuned a bike it doesn't actually have improved Speed or Handling, but when the adept uses it, those limits are still increased so it can somehow move faster when needed or handle better when needed.

Imbue Item does something similar, but it's got more benefits to choose from. So you could give it increased limit, or you could make it so fancy that the thing not only decreases social penalties while you're wearing it but people actually have to make a roll to steal or damage it. Or you could make it so that if anyone does take it, they're actually now worse at using it (unless you're a really initiated mage or it's a weak focus, then it's also mundane for others).

Also, Imbue Item can be used for more traits than are in the short list, but that's mostly ask GM territory.
>>
>>52126305
What's the term for mongolians-wood-carving-boards-shitposting induced psychosis?
>>
>>52127115
Autism.
>>
Is a low light torch a torch with a dim light, turning pitch black into low light, or a light that is only visible by something with low light vision
>>
>>52127202
just very dim light. Low light vision is basically what cats have. As long as they have a small amount of light they can still see well, but put them in a pitch-black room and they are as blind as we are
>>
>>52127202
>reducing visibility modifiers for low-light and thermographic vision, respectively
The latter. It only helps characters with low-light vision.

If you just want a dimly-lit flashlight/torch, then you could simply adjust the settings on a regular one. Hell, your commlink probably has a flashlight on it.
>>
>>52122322
Any Advanced Program purchased with Karma has a rating equal to the AI's Depth, I believe this is mentioned at the beginning of the Advanced Program section.
>>
File: The Night of Rage.jpg (356KB, 1500x1064px) Image search: [Google]
The Night of Rage.jpg
356KB, 1500x1064px
So I just read through the bits about the Special Election bit in Cutting Aces, and im a tad confused. Is there a book that gives some more details on Brackhaven's expulsion from office?
>>
>>52127731
Maybe Storm Front from the tail end of 4th, it had a bunch of plot threads
>>
>>52127731, >>52128116
I think he's still mayor actually.
>>
If someone were to get the SURGE trait of a Third Eye, could you theoretically replace that third eye with a cyber-eye?
>>
>>52128379
I don't see why not. You still take regular essence loss for the ware though.
>>
>>52128451
Naturally, that's to be expected. I just wasn't sure if there was any stipulation preventing a SURGE bodypart from being given the old augmentation treatment.
>>
>>52128475
Not that I've read, but I only recently started playing.
>>
>>52128475
nah, in fact sometimes you NEED Surge in order to get some augmentations (such as with multiple arms, because CGL hates people getting more limbs)
>>
>>52127731
The latest seattle box set has the adventure. Basically he's either forced out or retires.
>>
What do you guys know about combat biking? I'm thinking of doing a one-shot where my characters have to interfere with a combat biking game for someone who bet on it. I don't know what the game really is, so I haven't thought about how the run would go, but I think it would be a fun setting and a cool challenge to do it inconspicuously.
>>
>>52129656
If it's underground, you get to make the rules.
>>
>>52129656
Combat biking is stupidly simple.
You have two teams, each on huge, pimped-out motorcycles covered in spikes and flamethrowers.
You're not supposed to use weapons, though it's enforced roughly as often as in pro wrestling, and while teams generally don't go for casualties, it does have a high death rate.
Assume everyone is either chromed to the gills, whipped into a murderous death-rage by a mixture of Jazz, Kamikaze and Cram, or both. You're out when you can't participate anymore.
>>
>>52130119
NoPaint and Jazz or Cram is probably the better mix. With the lesser drugs being phased out for Kamikaze in the more extreme parts of the league.

(No overdose that way.)
>>
>>52129656
I like to make up regional houserules depending on the area and the league. I do the same thing with Urban Brawl.
>>
>>52130155
>No overdose that way
You're overestimating the intelligence of an average combat biker.
It might even be the point for some of them.
>>
How the hell do initiatory groups actually work? I still can't fucking figure it out, thanks to SG jumping all over the place on it.
>>
File: cyberbike.jpg (342KB, 932x857px) Image search: [Google]
cyberbike.jpg
342KB, 932x857px
>>52129656
If you can find a copy of Shadowbeat, the rules of the game and its history are in there, but here's the breakdown:

It's played on a track. The tracks are like half-pipe roads, so you can't see where everyone else is, you have to depend on communication from your teammates. You can also use the sides of the track for stunts and flashy displays of skill. There's a bridge that goes over the track, called the skyway, but it's only wide enough for one bike to cross at a time. Each team has a goal, one at either end of the track. When the clock starts, a drone flying over the track drops a flag. Each team has 4 linebikers whose job it is to rush to the flag and get it once it's been dropped. Nobody else can move until someone has the flag. The object of the game is to get the flag and take it to your opponent's goal to score. The goal is guarded by a goalie on foot who has a big ol' tetsubo staff for knocking people off their bikes.
There are 4 quarters in the game, each 10 minutes long. A play starts when the flag is dropped from the drone. Each play starts with anywhere from 30 to 60 seconds on the clock, and when the clock runs out, a random 1 to 30 additional seconds (called jittertime) is added, but not shown to the players. A play ends when time runs out, or a goal is scored. A player has to be on their bike for a goal to count. A goal is worth 3 points, but if the flag carrier is in the other team's territory when time runs out, that's worth 1 point. If the flag carrier in in his own team's territory when time runs out, the other team scores 1 point. Unlike a goal, these points are awarded whether the flag carrier is mounted or not.

I gotta slot and run, but I can post more later.
>>
>>52130272
When even the less damaging combo has a DV of 12S, it'd probably be best to not risk putting large parts of the team out before the game even starts.

Although you were right about one thing. Kamikaze and NoPaint would never be featured. No benefit.

Now a really underground league there to just showcase the richness of the criminal sponsors and featuring people hopped up on Kamikaze and Immortal Flower, that'd be something.
>>
>>52130460
That is incredibly informative and it sounds like it'd be fun to play/watch. On that note I wish there were some boardgames of some of this stuff.
>>
>>52130321
As I understand it, it goes like this. Just belonging to a Mystic Group (as created by the Group Bond Ritual) means that you get the Group discount from your initiation. The nature of this group probably informs what the exact form of any ordeal you undertake will look like.

So an initaory group is just a Group Bond made group whose purpose is helping the members initiate. So they might court a mentor spirit for the group or have multiple traditions to lower the force of the ritual. They're also unlikely to add in many strictures or punishments for breaking those strictures because they both add to the force needed, but at different rates (1 per 2 for strictures, based on puishment for punishments).

Now you can just skip the ordeal (nature informed by the group since you're in one), but you won't get that discount. Also, depending on the group, it might be possible that they can offer the equivalent of Schooling with the same costs but for different reasons.

TL;DR/Recap - Just being part of a Group (as done by a successful Group Bond Ritual) technically qualifies you for the Group Initiation discount. It does this by informing what the actual thing you're doing during that Arcana+Intuition roll. If you also take on an Initiatory Ordeal for the extra discount, it probably informs the details of that ordeal too. You can also get schooling along with it (10k nuyen, five weeks of work) to get an additional discount, but that doesn't have to be informed by the group's nature.
>>
File: error_169_by_f1x_2-d8wif9k.jpg (312KB, 1600x566px) Image search: [Google]
error_169_by_f1x_2-d8wif9k.jpg
312KB, 1600x566px
>>52127389
That's the part I can't find. I'm sure I remember it being a thing, but with the way the book is written, I can't actually find it.
>>
>>52131094
DEPTH
Depth is the special attribute that represents an AI’s in-
herent ability to emulate and manipulate Matrix devices.
When creating an AI with the Priority system or Sum to
Ten, the AI chooses a starting Depth rating from the chart
below. An AI created using the Karma build system starts
with a Depth of 1. All of the advanced programs listed
below depend on an AI’s Depth attribute, as it performs
the Emulate action. This attribute also serves as the max-
imum for an AI’s Edge attribute. Depth can be improved
with Special Attribute Points during character creation or
with Karma. The Karma cost for improving Depth is 10 +
(5 x new rating). The maximum rating for an AI’s Depth at
character creation is 6. During or after character creation,
the character may purchase the Exceptional Entity quality
to remove this maximum, but that simply allows for future
growth. It does not allow the character to increase Depth
beyond 6 at character creation.
AIs can learn a number of programs equal to their
Depth + Essence.

If you read each Advanced Program, they all give their bonus equal to the AI's depth, they don't have ratings.
>>
File: tumblr_nildlynb691rssi62o1_1280.jpg (262KB, 855x1280px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nildlynb691rssi62o1_1280.jpg
262KB, 855x1280px
>>52131213
Urghhh. That was it, wasn't it. You buy the autosoft like a spell, then use Emulate and decide what rating it is. That's what I'm trying to find, someone's complaining that there's no way to set ratings in Chummer for Advanced Programs.
>>
And a little unrelated, but somewhat amusing. Tattoo Magic can be used to create something like the group bond, but possibly one that allows for easier addition. It's not perfectly clear, but it does seem like you can add in people later for the tattoo group. So this is based on that wording being doable.

Now, it's going to need some friends because somebody's going to need to do some mind controlling long term, so it's probably best to have three awakened people for this.

One of you is going to actually pull off the ritual and wants Magic 7 or so. The other two will consent for the initial group. It should have Force 12, minimum and 14+ if you can swing it, and have the strictures of Obedience, Dues, Secrecy, and Service with punishments of Pain of Death and Cripple. Set up the Obedience related structure such that you can't really have it taken over by the later additions.

Now each addition will be long, difficult, and take lots of reagents to ensure survival. But, hey, you've got slaves that have to work for you, pay money into a group lifestyle, and will almost certainly die if they talk about it or try to disobey an order.

>>52131094
I sorta guess in addition to what >>52131213 said, a Pilot Origin AI can use autosofts in place of skills. They can choose any legal skill level, it looks like, roll Software+Intuition [Mental], spend (12/successes) days writing the program, and then spend 5 karma to actually learn the new program.

Here's the only reasons I can see to learn an autosoft program at less than 6 (when applicable). One, you're not going to be on an RCC and your depth is low enough that you can get the advanced program bonus for that autosoft to run on your drone of choice. Two, it's like Group or Smartsoft in that it only really has one level it exists at. Three, you're not that karma smart.
>>
>>52131380
Or you could just suck Lung's dick enough to learn the death-oath ritual of the triads.
>>
>>52131371
What are you talking about, Yekka?

Advanced Programs DO NOT have any Ratings by themselves, they are modifiers for already existing programs.
>>
>>52131371
And because I saw this too late. Emulate, as far as I can see, is only for device ratings that you don't have.

However, you do get OS for loading an Advanced Program equal to Depth and add Depth to your OS gained over time if you have active Advanced Programs running at the time. The Advanced Programs don't themselves have ratings.
>>
>>52131428
The description of Tattoo Magic implies that this is that death-oath ritual, or at least very close.

>>52131436
Man, I am having bad luck with being behind on saying things.
>>
>>52131436
https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/1511
>>
File: 8RTCyzQ.jpg (572KB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
8RTCyzQ.jpg
572KB, 1920x1920px
>>52131484
>https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/issues/1511
>Expected behaviour
>Should be able to purchase each in Advanced Programs at different ratings.

Close this issue, the guy filing the "bug" is simply wrong.

Advanced Programs don't have any ratings.
>>
>>52131461
Nah, they do it in front of an incense master instead of a full ritual, and it's less physical damage of the ritual and more their essence draining away - I'll go root through my dogeared copy of shadows of Asia, see if I can find the quote. Ritual is a good ersatz version though. Oath is just a nasty version of ED's Blood Sworn.
>>
>>52131484
>>52131539
While the guy making the report is wrong, he did lead me to find an actual mistake.

You can't get a basic Autosoft program to have a rating, and should be able to, even if the base program's not that useful to you unless you're a Pilot Origins A.I.
>>
File: 1312852237001.png (2MB, 1440x900px) Image search: [Google]
1312852237001.png
2MB, 1440x900px
From the Bugtracker:

>Inconsistency in the german book names #1452
>Expected Behavior When I switch my language to german, don´t display the english book titles. Only the german ones. Same for every other language.

Please do NOT do this Yekka.
This would be utter disastrous.
There are several functional differences between specific Items in german and english books and it would VERY annoying if one would have to switch between languages to check up on these.
>>
Does anyone know if there's a parallel thinking positive trait for humans? If so, could you please tell me what it's called?
>>
>>52131618
Oh, don't worry about that. He's just confused about the difference between Chrome Flesh and Chrome Flesh (German). At some point I'll get around to renaming it to Chrome Flesh (German Content) or whatever, but I don't intend to bind books to languages. I did have a vague plan of setting it up so that sub-content could be selectively enabled. Like only allowing qualities from Run Faster but not the metatypes.
>>52131579
I was under the impression that Pilot Origins meant you didn't have to buy it as an advanced program, you could just load whatever's running on the drone.
>>
Is there anyway to add weapons to the cyberware page on chummer for things like custom cyber implanted weapons or a monofilament finger whip?
>>
>>52131721
Technically you're buying it as a basic program and for a few autosofts also buying the corresponding Advanced Program to on top of it.

The wording on 156 seems to me to just indicate that you can actually directly use an autosoft if you have Pilot Origins. So if you had purchased, say, Clearsight 6 for 5 karma then you can use Clearsight 6 instead of your perception skill if you want to when jumped in or Control Device-ing the thing.

A non-pilot A.I. could only use that Clearsight 6 if they were giving the drone orders (likely from an RCC). Otherwise they've got to use their Perception skill.

Now if either one had the Clearsight Autosoft running and then took a simple action to put Abduction on it (take no extra slots or anything, just get a hit of OS) then they get the sensor bonus as long as the Clearsight rating is equal or higher than Depth.

I'd say this implies something about buying program ratings and Exceptional Entity, but I'm pretty sure that's just bad communication going on.

But going back, it may be possible, but to me the wording doesn't seem to be that expansive.
>>
So. Brackhaven is out. The Metroplex guard is a joke. Kalanyr is establishing a corporate empire, Urubia is establishing her own little ganger army.

Who wants to bet the lead up to 6e is a slow build of the Guard and seperatist forces between Kalanyr, Urubia, one metahuman and a super-mystery figure designed to be a sop to GM's to design their own? And the last book involves Seattle declaring independence, beating off the deployed folks from the UCAS with support from the Sioux (by not letting UCAS forces cross their borders), a potential Aztechnology incursion who are trying to claim the city and insisting it's actually trying to 'help support UCAS sovereignty" and a potential attack from another NAN nation who dislike the Sioux?

The end result being an omnipresent council of vagueness, of course, and Seattle being refluffed as the Emerald City of Mists and FREEDOM or something.
>>
File: 1316753941335.gif (2MB, 193x135px) Image search: [Google]
1316753941335.gif
2MB, 193x135px
>when a shotgun gives you a -12 to your dodging pool

All I want to do is hit people with a weapon foci shovel, why you gotta do this to me.
>>
>>52131954
git gud
>>
>>52131954
Talk to your GM. With Heightened Concer/Adept Centering, he should be willing to let you decrease the penalty to dodge attacks from weapon spreads/fire modes. AS long as you're screaming or re-enacting the cuban pete scene from the Mask at the time, anyway.
>>
>>52131936
>schattenstädte 2.0
No thanks
>>
>>52132036

... Oh god, I know what my next character is, now I just need a GM that will let me change commanding voice to force people in to participating in my musical numbers.
>>
>>52132145
There is the speaker's way that lets your commanding voice last for a minute. That's good enough time for an impromptu dance number
>>
>>52132145
Pied Piper and Skin Artist are both in the Artist's Way. Make a mysad and toss in some 'control action/emotion/thought/mob mood' sort of spells and you've got an instant Mask.
>>52132138
Precisely! It's already been done, so they'll do it again, but worse! Just like CFD!
>>
>>52131954
So? Any doofus with an AK can give you -9 to dodge just by being trigger-happy. Whether you're in his face or halfway across the map. No matter what weapon you're using.

Don't get shot. Don't end your IP in a place where you can get shot. When you can't help being in such a place, get into cover. Be fast and slippery so you can destroy people before they shoot you. Dodge completely behind walls like you're trying for an ironman run of hotline miami.

>>52132167
1. Turn your runs into music videos
2. Make your decker into a one-man camera crew
3. Make all the money ever
>>
Also, looking over the answers for this A.I. program has made me really appreciate how poorly edited the A.I. damage rules are.

It somewhat redundantly tells you that an A.I.'s Matrix Condition monitor is shared with the device. It just a bit later goes on to tell you how to resist overflow if you're on a device that's not bricked in such a way as to draw attention away from the fact that the only way this can happen is if one program is being run and that program is only mentioned in the A.I. damage section.

Oh, and if you don't mind losing Depth (or just having it in the basement to start with) Munge and a willing Technomancer ally can let you lose Essence pretty much For Ever. Just have a deck set up for Max Attack.
>>
What's the best way to physically cripple someone in such a way that they can't leave a basement but are still able to do dextrous things with their hands?
>>
File: Misery.gif (582KB, 450x338px) Image search: [Google]
Misery.gif
582KB, 450x338px
>>52132337
>>
>>52132356
Wheelchair
>>
>>52132337
Just saying there are probably better ways to do whatever you're trying to do
>>
>>52132365
I've never heard of a basement with wheelchair ramps.

>>52132356
Now I just feel stupid. For some reason I could only think of lobotomizing them but that wouldn't help because I specifically want their technical know-how.
>>
>>52132337
>>52132383
Yeah, there's this thing called "locking the damn door."
>>
>>52132384
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3lb_8nmy90c
Doesn't need to be a CHEAP wheelchair.
>>
>>52132253
And since I feel a little silly for the hyperbole. There are two other cases where an A.I. can be disrupted while on a working device. One is being caught 'sleeping' but at that point they can also capture the A.I. and sell 'em to some corp. (This technically requires a program, but it doesn't say what kind, thus not giving a price or availability, and it's using a legal limit so this could technically be done using a gun modded to run a persona.)

The other involves the A.I. having and running an Advanced Program that lets them shift (Depth) Matrix damage from the device to them. And since it's a set amount, unless you're running Deicide out of nowhere, the A.I. would have to want to commit suicide.
>>
>>52123618
Hey, you know what's legal, awesome, and doesn't kill you on a glitch? Monofilament chainsaws.
>>
>>52132337
Concrete shoes.
>>
File: New Revolution Compound.jpg (1MB, 1920x1920px) Image search: [Google]
New Revolution Compound.jpg
1MB, 1920x1920px
Hey /srg/, I'm starting a campaign in a few weeks,and i want to have the first major arc have to do with the continent-trekking dismantling of a terrorist cell containing remnants of Winternight and New Revolution? I'm thinking of starting with having the party be hired by a SSC Johnson to clear some NR fucks out of one of the old WWII Puget Sound forts thats been taken over and re-fortified, then escalating things from there.
Pic very much related.
>>
>>52132493
Well, first up, what the fuck is that Cell swinging for? Winternight mostly scattered into the wilds, so there are plenty of them. But "norse apocalypse" and "grand america" don't really mix.
>>
File: Logan.jpg (270KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
Logan.jpg
270KB, 1000x563px
I saw Logan today. It seemed exactly like a really, really bad run that players were forced on. Not just the plot of the movie, but the general atmosphere, from the cybernetics, to the auto-trucks, to the massive corporate agriculture bullying out a small family, and the international mercenaries. Is it just me, or does cyberpunk seeming to be seeping into everyday media?

Also have you ever been forced onto a run that you knew would end up with your character/party dead?
>>
>>52132425
Or even just being nice and adding the guy as a contact instead of shoving him in your basement like a slasher villain.

Physically coercing a knowledge-worker to work for you probably won't get the kind of results you want. Maybe if your GM is a big fan of Jack Bauer, but at that point anything's possible as long as you point a gun at the right person's head.
>>
>>52132513
>or does cyberpunk seeming to be seeping into everyday media?
How about real life?
>>
>>52132551
It's almost like cyberpunk is part of a body of speculative fiction based loosely on the real world and not a magical elf-world fantasy.

Also tabletop roleplaying is becoming increasingly mainstream. At my job it seems like every 4th person under the age of 30 has played something in that area at least once.
>>
>>52132535
I figured since he was already asking about crippling that willing, mutually beneficial cooperation was already out of the question.

Of course, there's the distinct likelihood that Let's Break His Legs was probably their first instinct.
>>
>>52132513
Cyberpunk being just "punk" has been a thing for the past couple years, actually.
>>
Hey yekka, chummer won't let me add free gear. Even with the Free! box checked it still takes away from my Nuyen Remaining.
>>
>>52132509
The idea is that the group is contained of a combo of New Revolution hardliners who want to bring back the US by any means necessary and really, REALLY hate Amerinds (think Andrew Jackson x5), combined with some "moderate" members of Winternight, who just want to kill a large portion, rather than all, of the population. After fifteen years, you have fucking batshit crazy network of small cells who aim to cause havoc across North America by setting off a "limited" Yellowstone eruption, allowing them to swoop in with their pseudo-fascistic "New America" while simultaneously wiping out most of the NAN (and Seattle and CalFree, but they dont give two shits about them).
>>
Third thing I found while re-combing the A.I. rules. And this one may just be my mistake, but did you know that in addition to the Attribute (Matrix or Drone) optimization raises the program/autosoft limit by 1?

As you don't have to make that a choice, it just happens while you're adding half-Will to your Emissary's firewall?

Also, if you for some reason wanted to be out on the grid (you never want to be, you always want to be in some device when you can) that Depth hours can be fully restored in (10+Depth) minutes. Twice Depth in hours if you have a home.

Which, incidentally, isn't as bad for A.I. as it is for metahumans. You lose out on the optimization bonuses, but don't have to scrounge food or anything. Hell, if you just want a good disposable home, get a Defender commlink every four months. Don't use the thing, just put the bonus into Firewall, protect team stuff with your improved firewall, just stay in your Defender an hour each day, and spend the rest of your actual time running on the actual device that you're going to be using to interact with.

The cost is Squatter level, essentially. I'd call it an exploit, but an A.I. character already has some downsides even before some of the bad perceptions of their downsides come in.

This reading has also made me want to run some half of an A.I.-Technomancer running duo, but I'm not sure which one I trust people to make well less.

On the one hand, you have to be pretty bad to not make at least a good sprite-wrangling Techno. On the other, getting them to work together requires a few things for Techno to have and be able to do well.

On the third hand, it's hard to figure out what kind of A.I. would best pair up here. And who provides what devices. Because I mean, damn, there's actual reasons to want to have an A.I. make your commlink, RCC, or deck its home if the thing can be upkept.
>>
>>52132661
Might want to pick a new target than yellowstone, there's a lot of fuckery with that because of the whole Seelie Court gateway that opened. It's not so lethal anymore.
>>
Have any of you played in a game with an Edgemaster in it? How do they... Y'know, function? I don't get how you can roll in knowing that you've got only eight really good rolls for the session and then you're spent.

I'd kind of like to make one, but... I dunno, I'm not sure I'm feeling it.

Also, I'm playing 4e, so no 'Just take Revels in Murder'
>>
>>52124373
Ctrl+c ctrl+v works fine for me.
>>
>>52132806
>I don't get how you can roll in knowing that you've got only eight really good rolls for the session and then you're spent.

That should be more than enough to make it through a session.
>>
>>52132806
In general, for an Edgemancer you want to still have at least a few respectable pools. Allocate about half of the edge for combat and the other half for important rolls.

Also you need to learn when you want to use Edge in what way. Like if you have an okay throwing pool, you might not want to use Edge for that flashbang and instead use it to go first.

Or when you'll want to go for a re-roll and when you want to Push the Limit.
>>
>>52132626
Can't reproduce it. How are you adding the item?
>>
>>52132337
Only in /srg/ will you get questions like this.
>>
>>52132909
Click Add Armor/Weapon/Gear/etc.
Click Free! checkbox
Click OK

And then it adds the item but still removes the nuyen. If it makes any difference this is in Creation Mode and not Career Mode.
>>
>>52132950
Testing further, I seem to have the biggest trouble with armors.
>>
>>52132920
Pretty sure I've seen that posted on /d/ before.
>>
File: deadaircover.jpg (58KB, 475x475px) Image search: [Google]
deadaircover.jpg
58KB, 475x475px
>>52130533
We aim to please.

So, bikers. There's 9 players on a combat biker team. Like I said before, 4 of them are Linebikers. They ride fast racing bikes, and it's their job to find and get the flag and take it to the opposing goal. They are all armed with a riot gun (like a Remington Roomsweeper) with 3 rounds per play. Unlike other combat sports, Combat Biker uses less-lethal ammo, usually gel rounds. Linebikers can also carry their choice of a flail, a whip, a net, or a bolas to entangle opposing players, or knock them off their bikes.
There are 4 Lancebikers, or just lancers, on each team. Like the name says, these guys have a long, blunted pole that they can use to knock other players off bikes. They also get a Roomsweeper with 3 gel round shots per play.
The Thunderbiker is the heavy hitter of each team. There's only 1 on each side, and they have the heaviest bike (a Harley or some other big cycle.) It has a grenade launcher mounted on it, and they get 3 concussion grenades per play. The Thunderbiker also has a big mace to swing around.

Finally, there's the goalie. The only player not on a bike, the goalie protects the 2-meter diameter circle that is the goal. To help with this, they have an automatic shotgun with 20 gel rounds and a tetsubo staff. They're usually trolls or similarly big people, and they have heavy armor to protect them from the oncoming bikers.

There are only a few rules. You can't ride someone else's bike. You can't pick up someone else's weapon. You can't ram your bike into somebody else's bike, and you can't run somebody who's not on a bike over. These last two rules get broken a lot, and the "accidents happen" defense makes sure they don't get enforced nearly as often. Also, you are allowed to ram or run over the goalie. He's fair game.
Everyone wears protective armor, and in the big leagues, players have vehicle control rigs and smartlinks as something of a matter of course. No magic allowed.
>>
>>52132987
Oh, yes. Sorry, found the problems with it. Will be in the next patch.
>>
>>52133043
>No magic allowed.
Of course. And did you know murder is illegal?
>>
>>52133074
...I'm not sure what you're trying to say here?
>>
>>52133173
He's pointing out that if it's only punished as illegal if it's caught.
>>
>>52133187
Eeeeeh. Tricky. You'd need a magician with spell masking to get the ability under the radar, since I'd assume that in the absence of Awakened Refs, there are adepts or people with the astral sight knack who get invited to games with free tickets to observe and prevent magical tampering. Or bribe all magically inclined observers.
>>
Last A.I. thing for the night. We all remember Cinnamon, I hope. If you don't go here. http://pastebin.com/u687vu13

Now, I'm a bit tired, so I don't know if you can start with any programs, but if so, I need to see about making a variation on Cinnamon with I-doll Maneuver autosoft and WTLM. (I'd say Pygmalion Maneuver autosoft, but I don't think that amount of nuyen can be spared.)

All to get the drone extra Performance dice. And that just to try and get some fractional bonuses on the (sadly probably not applicable to leadership) Acting or Influence group rolls.

>>52132994
But have you seen it on /srd/ before?

>>52133074
>>52133173
>>52133187
>>52133210
More importantly, even the less obvious magic can be noticed with a Per+Int [Mental] (Skill-Force). And if you have any magic-related active or knowledge skill, you get +2 dice.

So unless you're super-skilled (or edging like a maniac), an appreciable force is probably going to be noticed.
>>
File: Disposal.jpg (485KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Disposal.jpg
485KB, 1920x1080px
Am I the only one who, despite the fact that its referred to a "frontier town" in the material, thinks that Seattle feels way more like Berlin c1988, just with twenty players on their own side, rather than with four players, three of which are working with each other? Cause if the devs highlighted this aspect rather than it being "Southeast Puget Sound area but cyberpunk", we could have something just as interesting as Chicago or Berlin c2079.
>>
>>52133071
Thanks yekka, as always, for doing God's work.
>>
>>52133243
>unless you're super-skilled (or edging like a maniac)
Or you could just use reagents.

Plus, that's not exactly a science - you might get chills or otherwise feel *something*, but you need more to narrow it down.
>>
>>52133210
Yeah, in the big leagues of Combat Biker, the officials spare no expense in keeping things within the rules. They have to; there's million of nuyen on the line with every game. Anyone trying to astrally tamper with a game should expect security mages, wards, watcher spirits, and other magical security (i.e. awakened security critters) from the get-go. If a team were to be implicated in using magic to cheat, they could lose their franchise with the league, and that's a lot of money down the drain. In fact, if I were an insurance company who suspected that one of my major sports team clients was planning to commit fraud by cheating in the league using magic, I might go so far as to hire a few consultants to find out the facts.
>>
>>52133316
Depends on how findable the reagents are. Sure, they're still small, but some are easier to look for than others.
>>
"He's not painted himself in team color's, this is blood from a black feathered cockerel! Well known as an radical animal ragent in the voodoo tradition! Inspector, arrest this man!"
>>
>>52116620
>tfw all you can see when you look at this shitty picture is the fact that the cybertranny would have absolutely no way to compensate for recoil with that retarded gun arm
>>
File: Echopraxia.png (11KB, 324x291px) Image search: [Google]
Echopraxia.png
11KB, 324x291px
100%, across the board, bog standard, completely average human, but with phenomenal luck and a little bit of magic.

What can I do with this? I want at least one specialty he's kinda good at without having to edge the roll, but the best I can do has been taking 5 skill in two cha-linked skills and either Chatty or Local Fame to get that up to 10.
>>
>>52133930
>edge
worst idea in shadowrun history
>edge characters
autism
>>
File: ThanksForTheInputJeff.jpg (102KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
ThanksForTheInputJeff.jpg
102KB, 1280x720px
>>52133950
https://youtu.be/mzuPh8P4zdY
>>
>>52133992
Hey it's their fault for putting it in the game in the first place, but then again you are going out of your way to pick the least legit mechanic in the game and forcing it to be a minmaxed character gimmick.

"Let's see we've got a shadowrunner, a shadowrunner, a shadowrunner, a shadowrunner and a retarded gimmick jizz mopper who's got magic luck powers."

You're That Guy. The retarded gimmick jizz mopper.
>>
>>52133248
It's actually closer to Shanghai too.
Back in the 20's and 30's Shanghai was rich, prosperous, nearly lawless, and had multiple districts with conflicting legal codes which led to a crazy lazzez-faire lifestyle in the city which had large sections controlled by crime syndicates.

In addition the city was incredibly cosmopolitan with multiple countries having lots of people there.
>>
>>52133342
'Consultants'
Sounds like a great idea for a run.
>>
>>52134032
Okay. Thanks for the input, Jeff.
>>
File: what_in_tarnation.jpg (67KB, 720x715px) Image search: [Google]
what_in_tarnation.jpg
67KB, 720x715px
How is the UCAS still functioning?

> Megacorps basically drain shittones of tax money away.

> Manhattan was levelled, and is only recently coming back.

> Chicago was nuked.

> Boston has been quarantined.

> Seattle is actually a drain on the economy due to the need to maintain a military presence there.

> Miami was lost to the Carib League.

> Fucking Native Americans stealing the midwest.

> California's gone, but even they have lost a ton to the other nations around it.

In addition, all the North American corporations are fucked up. Horizon's been reeling from scandals, and is still suffering from their involvement against the Azzies. Ares is undergoing a power play between Damian and Vogel, to say nothing of the bugs interloping into the corporation. And NeoNET is haemorrhaging assets like a green runner after their first Johnson double-cross, even though CFD was really EVO's fuck-up.

So, why is the UCAS still considered a major world power? It's no better than any other European power, at this point.
>>
>>52134113
>So, why is the UCAS still considered a major world power? It's no better than any other European power, at this point.
It's not, actually?
They don't even have the biggest military in the world anymore since when the country got split in half the military went with it.
The UCAS isn't even a major global power because it's international politics are too locked up in North America.
>>
>>52134128

Yeah, figured that. Guess the more important question is, how is it still functioning? Like, at all? Losing that many major cities should be too big a blow for a country to handle. It'd seem more likely at this point that states would sperate into their own localities, instead of being forced to prop up a bunch of failing, burned-out husks of cities.
>>
>>52134177
Manhatten's been pretty functional for awhile actually, and is more or less directly controlled by the Corporate Court.
But you're taking about a setting where Native Americans existed in enough quantities in the old USA to be put in multiple internment camps (for some reason) across the nation despite making up less then 1% of the population of United States in real life. And a Japan that suddendly became super-religious and embraced Shinto (which hasn't been a serious religion there for over 800 years now) and became incredibly militaristic despite being the most bend-over-backward pacifistic country in the world in life.
And a Mexico that became a major world power and actually threw out the Catholics of all fucking things.

This is Shadowrun.
Leave your logic back in 1988 where the setting's insane conceptual birth starts.
>>
File: IMG_4387.png (80KB, 322x350px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_4387.png
80KB, 322x350px
Can I make him in SR?
Also, what the hell is it he's saying in Japanese when he does his Ultimate?
>>
>>52134364
Depends on if he's a full-body cyborg or if that's mostly just a cool suit I guess.
And what he's saying is;
>"Ryujin no ken o kurae!!"
Basically means "Take the Dragon God's sword/blade!".

Hanzo's is (if you're wondering);
>"Ryuu ga waga taki o kurau!"
Which is "The Dragon will consume you!"
>>
>>52134364
Street sammies have been around a lot longer than Overwatch. Yes, yes you can.
>>
>>52134364
No, it's totally impossible.
>>
File: corrin_sips_tea.jpg (214KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
corrin_sips_tea.jpg
214KB, 600x620px
>>52134256

> Manhattan's been pretty functional for awhile actually, and is more or less directly controlled by the Corporate Court.

> Implying the last decade or two is considered 'awhile'

> Implying I was not aware that the corporate court controls has its home in the city, and that this is a relevant point, despite it being covered under my point of 'megacorps draining money'.

> Implying that if I knew about the quake that destroyed Manhattan, I wouldn't know other lore about it, despite the lore for both those things being in the same book.

> Implying you're super smart, anything I don't directly spell out for you is knowledge you need to inform me of, and we don't need to care about factual accuracy in the setting at all.

> Inb4 it's fantasy: elves and orcs coming into being through magic is plausible given the information we've been given on the setting, a complete disregard for logic as it applies to the real world is tough to swallow.

How much you want to mansplain shit? Are you going to tell me the CAS exists too?
>>
>>52134556
Just saying guy; you are right at this very moment putting more thought into it then the actual creators of the setting did.

If you don't like it, go write for SR and save yourself some time, you know?
Actually, could you please do that? Like, anyone at all would be better then the current group of fuckheads.
>>
A little confused on how reagents work. If I spend them to set the limit for a spell, do I just take no drain?

Also, is there a minimum grade they need to be to act as a spells force? The cheapest grade is like 50 nuyen per dram, which seems pretty cheap.
>>
File: sRonthejob.jpg (437KB, 1100x770px) Image search: [Google]
sRonthejob.jpg
437KB, 1100x770px
>>52134100
Yes. Yes it does.

I gotta say, I love coming up with ideas for runs. It never gets old.
>>
File: tumblr_nnfubcu6qs1trhtmwo1_500.jpg (120KB, 500x687px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nnfubcu6qs1trhtmwo1_500.jpg
120KB, 500x687px
>>52134722
Reagents are used to override the Limit on a spell; normally the Limit == Force, but by using reagents you can cast a spell at the minimum Force you want, then use your total net hits to wreck faces. Note that this means that spells which depend on the Force of the spell do not benefit greatly from reagents.
>>
>>52134904
I've always enjoyed runs of a legally nebulous nature as oppose to blatant stealing or murder. Puts a bit of a more refined spin on shadowrunning, and helps reinforce that a runner is more of a mercenary than a criminal.
>>
>>52135022
No minimum grade then?
>>
>>52135200
Generally, yes. Keep in mind that no matter what Force you cast a spell at, the minimum Drain will ALWAYS be 2.
>>
File: 1485549753183.png (69KB, 281x206px) Image search: [Google]
1485549753183.png
69KB, 281x206px
First time GM here.

I'm having trouble designing combat encounters with my party.

The party consisting of two fleshy people who probably won't amount to much in direct combat (the face only bought shock gloves as a weapon!) and one sorta-fleshy rifle guy who is more focused on being a driver

Then there's the drake adept with physical stats tickling the augmented maximum and a magic rating of 8, with about ten grades of various hardened armors.

How do i design combat encounters in such a way that stay challenging for the combat monster that also don't leave the other party members as red stains? I understand that mages are always a fine choice, but i might want to try something else too in some situations.
>>
>>52136006
...How long has this campaign been going for? That's a substantial karma investment the drake's gone through to get stats like that, what's everyone else been doing with their karma?
>>
>>52136006
>Then there's the drake adept with physical stats tickling the augmented maximum and a magic rating of 8, with about ten grades of various hardened armors.
How?

And honestly, you have low combat party with a combat specialized monster. On how to take it down, toxins and gas grenades work, same with DMSO guns. Make runs where combat is "timed" so the drake has to rely on the party and coordination in order to get the objectives, so it doesn't end in a slug where everybody takes cover, the drake tanks everything, the drake kills everything and so on. Split the party (they will do that on their own) and put appropriate challenges to each group.

Also,be aware that the drake as soon as anyone finds out his truth, the price on his head goes from a few thousand nuYen to infinity. Every single dragon will be after him, even if it's just a rumor, and prices on his head will be tempting enough for anyone with two thumbs to betray him. Either he will have to kill everyone, which still pick up a bad rep; or witnesses will ruin his life.

And maybe, maybe; talk to your players. Ask them if they are comfortable with the ideas on your head and the risks involved. Tell the group to maybe put up some effort on defending themselves, or they will unfortunately die. Tell the drake player if he can tone the combat prowess down, at least to match up with the rest of the group, otherwise combat will be either boring or too deadly to be worthwhile. Talk to the players, and give them options on what to do. I know it's hard, I had to tell 4 new players why making your first character a technomancer was a mistake, and they all ended up understanding and having fun.

I know it's late, but the only things I would allow for a first time GM is base races and metavariants on a "might be veto'd" and nothing else. Initiation in chargen is banned, unless it's a Rigger Technomancer since they actually need it form start.
>>
>>52136140
Just starting.

Driver spent a big chunk of karma to afford his pimp mobile and a shit ton of ware

Face is a Mysad, which should explain itself

Decker spent a shitton of shmackaroons on decker equipment

>>52136146
>How?
Minmaxing, she's a spicy meatball. For the record, the game is your average 800 karma and 12 avail game with a ten point increase/decrease in respective quality limits.

Thanks anyway!
>>
>>52136199
If they haven't had the first session, there are some ground rules about characters.
Everyone needs to have a gun skill. If you are wared up, you can easily throw down 12/14 dice with your favorite weapon without worry. If you are not a gun person, then suck it up and get at least 7 dice, it's really fucking easy and it will save your life multiple times.
The cap on Magic is 6, unless you initiate. You can't initiate in chargen with basic rules.
Check the 26000 nuyen guide, it will teach them a lot about being prepared, because it seems they are not ready.
Make sure the decker has a gun (again). If he is not fighting against other matrix menaces, he needs to be able to pump out lead because otherwise he is just a bodybag with an expensive toy.
The MysAd can be really good at utility and combat, so unless he chose specifically the worst spells in the game, he will be good enough to provide assistance to the team in combat.
>>
>>52136199
Ha! Okay, I really want to see this character sheet now. That's not just minmaxed, that's *wrong*. 8 MAG is impossible, achieving 10 Hardened Armour isn't impossible but costs around a hundred and fifty karma, Drake is 75, Adept is 20, MAG 7 is 149 including the cost for Exceptional Attribute, getting physical attributes to metatype maximum is over 300...
>>
>>52136295
I can show it to you, but i'd rather take it to either Skype or Discord, since i respect the privacy of my players' shit, and some of them might lurk here from time to time.
>>
Hey Yekka, I can't seem to add Reaction Optimization. I can click ok, but the window just stays open
>>
File: tumblr_o26ati2Hgr1qcfqdho1_1280.png (1MB, 800x1044px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_o26ati2Hgr1qcfqdho1_1280.png
1MB, 800x1044px
>>52136319
Bah, where's the fun in that? Flick it to [email protected] if you want, but my initial assumption is that the character is designed with the sole purpose of being good at hitting things as a drake.
>>52136350
I'm halfway through tearing apart the newoptions branch at the moment, I'll take a look when I reach a good stopping point. I expect it's failing to add an improvement and dropping out.
>>
What are some good drugs for someone who has cyberarms and legs, so doesn't really benefit from agi or str? So far all I've got is cram and jazz
>>
>>52136388
Sent you the shit, G
>>
>>52136388
>>52136500
How's the sheet look to you?
>>
File: file.png (3KB, 475x28px) Image search: [Google]
file.png
3KB, 475x28px
>>52136500
>>52136890
Hahahahahaha.
>>
>>52136900
WTF
>>
>>52136900
Ayy, nice totally legal character there.
>>
File: 1488550947741.png (358KB, 800x640px) Image search: [Google]
1488550947741.png
358KB, 800x640px
>>52136972
Either converting it back to create mode did something WEIRD or you've been rused, mate. If nothing else, the Build Karma is listed as 1000, which is over your 800 Karma limit and there's close to 400,000¥ of cyberware and gear but only 48 karma allocated as spent.

Strictly speaking the only difference between a character that's in career versus created is the <created>True</created> flag on line 67 of the file. If you get change that string to True, Chummer won't complain.
>>
>>52136389
Depends on what else you need to do. Things like Accelerator and Numb increase your combat effectiveness further, while things like Psyche and Novacoke can help you shore up your weaknesses if you're acting outside your specialty.
>>
>>52137037
Thing is, that my chummer seems borked when loading the file you sent. It shows no gear, no powers, no ware bought. The karma summary seems to talk about BP so i think it's confused about what chargen system it wants to be. All stat aug values are at 0, shit, everything is at 0 except for stats, qualities and skills.
>>
>>52134113
Hey, apparently Toronto is really nice.
>>
Incidentally, that reminds me. Would you guys consider it helpful if Chummer automagically spent Karma to give you enough Karma for your stuff, plus-minus automatically spending any left-over karma as nuyen when moving to career mode?
>>52137069
Whups, that'd probably be a version conflict. If you open your original file and change Created back to False and the <value> for MAG back to 8 (Quirk of how Essence gets managed) it should load properly.
>>
>>52137092
That worked, thanks! I appreciate your work!
>>
>>52134556
>>>tumblr

Seriously, he wasn't insulting you snowflake. He was pointing out the many ways in which Shadowrun's setting makes no sense. Either ignore it, or fix it in your own game.
>>
So I've taken So Jacked Up, but I want to use actual drugs instead of just taking uppers or downers. What are some good cheap uppers and downers where the side effect won't make me useless at the wrong time
>>
First time DM about to run Food Fight in 5e for a first time players. Can someone walk me through the process of a decker crashing a passing car into the Stuffer Shack?

I'm thinking it's
1. Decker enters sim, rerolls initiative. I can't find an action for it but I assume it's complex
2. Decker goes outside, finds a car on his grid, hacks or sleazes it. Assume noise rating 1, device rating 2 on the car. What's an appopriate owner Willpower? 2?
3. What kind of action would telling the car's software to ram Stuffer Shack be? Should I use the rules for the Ramming action? That's Complex, so the Decker would need 3 marks to do that Control Device. That's three turns hacking + one turn giving the Ram command. Isn't that going to be tough to get on cars driving down the street?
>>
>>52138163
Don't know much about hacking, but this I can answer
>What's an appopriate owner Willpower? 2?
Average willpower for a human is 3. Since only dwarves have a higher WIL this goes for orks, trolls and elves
>>
>>52138163
1) Switching Interface Mode is a simple (Matrix) action, assuming his comlink is already on and connected to the Matrix.
2) Go for 3, it's the average stat for Average Joe
3) He needs 3 marks to use Control Device on the car and have it perform a Ramming attack, yes. However the decker will have more than one initiative pass each turn, especially if he goes VR, and he can try to get marks on the car with each one. Depending on his dice pool, he could even try to get two marks in one action by taking a four dice penalty. He'll never need three full turns to do all that.
>>
>>52138402
Can you hack in AR? What are the restrictions on what you can hack? LOS?
>>
>>52138450
>Can you hack in AR?
Yup.

>What are the restrictions on what you can hack? LOS?
You use your meatbag initiative, and take -2 dice to all actions if you try to mix up meatspace and virtuaspace actions in the same combat turn. For the rest, it's just the same.
>>
>>52138163
>>52138402
>tfw my GM won't let me control vehicles with hacking
Playing a decker was a mistake
>>
>>52138561
>tfw my GM won't let me control vehicles with hacking
why doesn't he? Has he told you why?
>>
>>52138504
Cool, thanks a lot.
>>
>>52138574
"It doesn't make sense"
There has been a few times where she just does the rules her way and me saying something, so I don't want to be that guy that always questions the GM. We are only playing shadowrun for 3 or 4 more sessions, so its not that much of an issue
>>
File: SR5Cap.jpg (225KB, 740x348px) Image search: [Google]
SR5Cap.jpg
225KB, 740x348px
Does the target of a manipulation spell take the -(Force) dice pool penalty to their first Logic+Willpower test or only the ones on subsequent turns?
>>
>>52138680
Only after the first ones.
>>
>>52138680
>The target makes a LOG+WIL-Force Test
>LOG+WIL-Force
does that mean that if you put your force high enough they never can escape your control? Because if you take F6 and your target has LOG 3 and WIL 3 (basically an average person) they have a DP of 0 and thus would have to spend edge to even try
>>
>>52138648
It does make sense.
It's been a part of the setting from the FASA days that GridGuide is responsible for guiding most of the Seattle Metroplex' traffic.
It's an established setting element, as well as a tried-and-true event in cyberpunk media, to hack a car into crashing.
Your GM is railroading you, and you need to do something about it. She's trying to hamstring you from bringing anything possibly "derailing" into "her" plot, and she's lying to you to do it.
As a perma-GM, I can say that the worst GMs are the ones who say "because it doesn't make sense" or "because that's just how it is".
Judging from experience, her being a woman means it's relatively likely that she's actively trying to game you - female players and GMs are often surprisingly enough more competitive and bad at losing than male players and GMs, because they're more likely to interpret fucking around, disobedience or curveballs as intentional attacks on their person and their story.
>>
So, /srg/.

I made a minor mistake in chummer5 and my character is made and submitted to my GM already. In fairness, I'm a noob, but that's a poor excuse.

In short, I wasn't reading the books when I was making my character.

>Picking guns
>Ooh, Savalette Guardian.
>Similar stats to the Ares Predator V
>Minus 3 rounds per mag, well that sucks
>SA/BF
>"Well, I've found my gun of choice."

>Submit character, start campaign
>Have this minor gut feeling
>Check Run N Gun
>"Burst Fire on this weapon requires a Complex Action."

In terms of noob mistakes, /srg/, how badly did I fuck up?

I understand that Burst Fire on the gun gives access to Long Burst and Aimed Burst, are there any other Burst Fire-exclusive actions that can help me recoup my losses?

Should I just have my character walk up to my fixer and sort out buying a Predator V?
>>
>>52138648
>"It doesn't make sense"
But...there's a canon gang whose initiation is hacking a car with people in it to drive to some shady place with the doors locked and windows up, so they can then ritualistically murder the occupants.
>>
>>52139283
>hasn't read the Errata for Run and Gun

Go do that.
>>
>>52139283
That's been erratta'd. No longer requires a complex action.
>>
>>52139283

As luck would have it, that's a misprint and has been errataed to Simple Action. Same thing for the burst fire light pistol in the book.
>>
>>52139313
>>52139319
>>52139322

Oh thank fuck. Disclaimer: I am a noob.

Having said that, I now have a more generalized question.

What's the general consensus on Ares Predator V vs Savalette Guardian?
>>
>>52139496
The SG is the best Heavy Pistol in the game, full stop.

Personally though I like the Colt Manhunter, being a paranoid luddite and all.
>>
>>52139580
>Best heavy pistol
That's not a Ruger with hand-loaded ADPS and custom look.
>>
>>52138951
Yup, as long as you're able/willing to sustain the spell.
>>
>>52139710
that seems a bit OP
in 4e it was that you rolled every (Force) combat turns with your WIL(+Counterspelling)
while this means that it may take longer (In the previous example it would be every 18 seconds) but you'd be guaranteed to break free eventually
>>
Are there any types of contacts everyone should have? How about Knowledge?
>>
>>52140010
Contacts:
>Fixer
Duh
>Supplier
Sometimes you need a specialised supplier for the stuff that you need. A talismonger for reagents and foci, a quartermaster for weapons and armor, a drug dealer for drugs, an electronics supplier for decks, programs and parts, vehicle suppliers for drones, etc.
>Street Doc
There WILL come a time when you are hurt, need medical attention and don't want to be obvious. Or when you as a sammy need some new toy installed/old one repaired/checked. For that you need a street doc. Can also work as a supplier for medtech (medkits, etc.)
>Additional Contacts
This mostly depends on your archetype, but you should have some information sources. A sammy might have a contact in a crime syndicate or a local gang. The Mage might know some magic experts or has connections to a magical group. The Face should have connections in A LOT of places, simply because he will most likely be the one that makes new contacts, and because his social dice pool should be able to convince those to give up information. Remember chummer: Knowledge is power, and that little bit of legwork might save your life (or at least some nuyen)

Knowledge Skills
This is something where you should think about what fits your character.
Was he in the military before he went into the Shadows? Military, Security Tactics, Security companies, or similar knowledge skills
Does he have a lot to do with syndicates and their effects? Knowledge of that syndicate, the local area, the local gangs, police procedures, etc.
Former bodyguard? Bars and Clubs, Chemistry, Drugs, Security tactics, Corp law, etc.
Think of what your character might reasonably know due to his job/upbringing, and then add some knowledge that defines them otherwise. Maybe they are an early 20cen film aficionado, maybe they are really interested in spooky stories, maybe they dabble in masonry, etc.
>>
>>52139784
There's a max limit. If the force is high enough to not allow a roll, it just means that the limit is more likely to be reached.
>>
>>52140390
>There's a max limit
can you tell me where that's written, 'cause I'm currently at the core book and don't see it
>>
I'm new. I'm making a Chaos Mage. What are the 'mus have' spells for a mage? I've seen a list bandied about before.
>>
>>52141161
Levitate, Improved Invis., Heal
>>
>>52139580
Get a holographic sight on a slide mount for your SG. Now you have a wireless smartgun when shooting luddites, or an unhackable gun when shooting deckers.
>>
>>52141161
Heal, Levitate, Improved Invisibility, Increase Reflexes, Stunbolt/Ball
>>
>>52140660
I seem to have accidentally spread the limits for a few of the mental manipulation spells (Compel Truth for example) into the general ones.

Sorry.
>>
>>52141212
>>52141236
>>52141161
Alright, hows this:

>Lightning Bolt
>Stunbolt
>Heal
>Improved Reflexes
>Chaos
>Chaotic World
>Improved Invisibility
>Levitate
>Mana Barrier
>Physical Barrier

Yes, I know Physical barrier isn't great (Elemental Wall: Metal would be better) but I like the idea of slapping down magical barriers for firefights
>>
>>52141161
In no particular order:
Heal, Increased Reflexes, Armor, Levitate, Physical Barrier, Physical Mask, Trid Phantasm, Improved Invisibility, Stealth, Influence, Fix, Fashion, Sterilize, Magic Fingers, Shapechange.
>>
Don't forget Sunbeam if you can fit it, because it's literally 5 karma to just REMOVE Infected.
>>
>>52141269
So that does mean that in 5e you could mind control a person for hours without them being able to do anything against it?
>>
>>52141356
You're likely to be eating a sustaining penalty to keep 'em from breaking out, it'll be a bit easy to recognize because of the mid-to-high force involved, can risk physical if the target was (unluckily for you) on something that boosted their numbers, and there's always the possibility of the person getting stunned into being unable to act.
>>
>>52141297
Physical Barrier is fine, just be a bit creative with it.
>>
>>52141427
Being chased by someone on a bike. Physical barrier at headheight. Bye bye biker.
>>
>>52135057
That and "steal this thing, was this person" gets pretty dull after a while. One run I put my players through had them defending a battered women's shelter from a ganger trying to steal his girlfriend back. It was a hell of a firefight, but also a very memorable run.
>>
>>52141297
Metal is an element?
>>
How do you guys usually make your runs?
Do you use a generator? Do you let yourself inspire by shows/movies/books/etc.? Or do you have another source?

>>52142354
Yes, along with sound, sand and blast
>>
>>52133243
>not edging like a maniac
It's the heart of cyberpunk, I think. Push everything to the Edge.
>>
>>52142479
The Cinnamon build has some issues with low-ish edge. It was just an idea that hit me based on the vagueness of what Performance can do, and those two programs.
>>
>>52142354
It is in 4e anyway. It's added in Street Magic. Elemental Strike: Metal is literally shrapnel punch, it's pretty badass.
>>
>>52142666
>Metal is literally shrapnel punch, it's pretty badass.
Well that's obvious coming from you satan, you made Metal after all
>>
>>52142704
How do you guys make your maps?
>>
>>52142732
SketchUp or Maptool depending on the size and type of map I want.
>>
File: devil-pictures-05[1].jpg (14KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
devil-pictures-05[1].jpg
14KB, 500x375px
>>52142704
>mfw fucking kek gives me away

>blast
The blast elemental effect is like a hurricane wind or the shockwave of an explosion. Blast damage is treated as Physical damage and is resisted with half Impact armor (rounded up). Characters struck with a Blast damage attack are more likely to be knocked down—add the Force to the damage inflicted when comparing to the defender’s Body (see Knockdown, p. 151, SR4). Blast damage can also break glass and knock over trees and other objects. At the gamemaster’s discretion, objects with a Structure rating less than the Force may be knocked over, shattered, shredded, or otherwise swept away.
>ice
Ice Attacks with the Ice effect cover the target with a slick coating of frozen water. Treat the Ice effect as Cold damage (p. 154, SR4), except that objects or terrain affected will be encrusted with ice. Anyone trying to cross an icy surface may need to succeed in an Agility + Reaction Test to avoid slipping (with a threshold equal to the attack’s net hits); vehicles must make a Crash Test (p. 159, SR4). Depending on the local temperature, ice may melt quickly.
>light
Light Spells with a light effect damage the target with a searing flare. Light damage is treated as Physical damage and is resisted with half Impact armor (rounded up). The brightness of the Light effect will cause any targets to suffer a Glare modifier for one Combat Turn after the attack, unless they are equipped with flare compensation. As a secondary effect, Light damage may cause some highly flammable materials (like gasoline) to catch fire.
>metal
The Metal elemental effect damages the target with small metallic (iron) fragments and shrapnel. This attack is similar to flechette ammunition: increase the DV by +2, but the attacker suffers a +2 AP penalty against Impact armor. Metal damage attacks are resisted with Impact armor. As a secondary effect, Metal damage may shred some easily cut materials like cheap fabric.

cont
>>
>>52142957
>sand
Sand produces tearing, abrasive, smothering damage, like a sandstorm. Sand damage is treated as Physical damage and is resisted with half Impact armor (rounded up). The secondary effects of Sand damage may jam and damage machinery or weapons that are not fully sealed against the environment.
>smoke
Smoke Smoke blasts the target with thick, burning, choking fumes. The victim resists Stun as if from an inhalation vector toxin attack (see p. 244, SR4). Armor does not protect against this attack, but other protective gear might (see the Toxin Protection table, p. 245, SR4). Smoke also limits vision, inflicting the Heavy Smoke visibility modifier against the target for one full Combat Turn.
>sound
Sound hits the target with a wave of unbelievably loud noise and gut-churning vibrations. Sound damage is treated as Stun damage. Armor has no effect, but sound dampers and spells like Silence and Hush add their rating/hits to the defender’s dice pool (effectively acting like sound armor). If the target suffers more damage boxes than his Willpower, he suffers the effects of nausea (p. 245, SR4) and is deafened for 10 minutes.
>water
The Water elemental effect is like a highpressure blast from a firehose. Water damage is treated as Physical damage and is resisted with half Impact armor (rounded up). Characters struck with a Water damage attack are more likely to be knocked down—add the Force to the damage inflicted when comparing to the defender’s Body (see Knockdown, p. 151, SR4). Water damage makes the target/area wet and may put out small fires (reduce the Fire DV by the attack’s DV) as well as short out sensitive/unwaterproofed electronics.
>>
>>52142957
>>52141161
You know, speaking of Kek...

my Chaos Magic has Mentor Spirit adversary
And i've already determined one of the cultures he cribs magic from is Coptic

You... you don't think...

Can Kek be a Mentor Spirit?
>>
>>52134556
>mansplain

Gtfo and go back to tumblr and never fucking return.
>>
>>52142998
Anything can be a mentor spirit if your character believes hard enough.
>>
File: disfigured_elf.jpg (17KB, 236x287px) Image search: [Google]
disfigured_elf.jpg
17KB, 236x287px
>>52134574

My dudes, I would be honored to be /srg/'s ambassador to CGL. Writing not-retarded fluff for our beloved game would be delightful, no?

>>52140010

There are some often-overlooked, yet crucial contacts.

> An Infobroker

To sell paydata to, and get random information for whenever you're stuck. This is a great contact for GMs to introduce to the game, to ensure your players always have a 'read the GM's mind' ability for whenever they don't know how to proceed with a mission.

> An ID forger.

Hopefully, your SIN doesn't ever get burned. But if it does, you're going to be in deep shit, since those things are expensive, to say nothing of any finder's fees a fixer might have for getting you one through a contact. A dedicated ID forger can also help you get forged security credentials.

> A lawyer

For when things go south. This lawyer should be good at working with Shadowrunners, to get them out of legal trouble using as many loopholes, and piles of legal bulldrek they can get away with. With this person on your side, a choice between a last stand and trip to the hoosegow becomes a simple (monetary) slap on the wrist.

> A Matrix Memelord

To connect with those edgey teens of the Sixth World.
>>
>>52143048
This is a little too on the nose for me. I had already planned to give him a deathmask shaped like a snarling dog with a Olfactory Sensor in it, give him some generic ass name like Hellhound.

But considering he speaks a little coptic (one of his foci is a healing focus Ankh dedicated to Isis), his background is his dad was a street doc...

time to do a little reworking, make this an egyptian theme'd channer mage
>>
>>52143161
Where the hell are you Carter?
>>
>>52143266
whose Carter

can I have his spot
>>
What are some ways to have hardened armor that don't involve milspec gear? I just watched a first time player roll a one on his soak check and nearly die from a single knife stab. I felt bad about it and thought I'd ask and see if there was a less massive version of hardened armor he could have as a run reward, since he was hoping to be the tank sort.
>>
>>52143645
Advanced Alchemy can do it. Gives the Hardened Armor or Immunity to Natural Weapons powers, as desired.

Just going to need a lot of reagents if the guy's chromed up a lot. Subtract lost essence from the potency and force, so it cuts out tens of minutes from the duration and such.
>>
>>52143645
I mean, that's what Edge is for.
>>
For a non-Transhuman Prototype Adept, what are some good uses for Restricted Gear?
>>
File: 20170311_185404.jpg (2MB, 2560x1920px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_185404.jpg
2MB, 2560x1920px
I just wanted to share what I found yesterday.
6th world instructional manuals.
>>
File: 20170311_185404.jpg (2MB, 1920x2560px) Image search: [Google]
20170311_185404.jpg
2MB, 1920x2560px
>>52144900
Well fuck me
>>
>>52144777
Really potent Weapon focus, assuming you've got the cash?
>>
>>52138146
The most common combination is probably Cram and either Bliss or Zen. All cheap, mild and easily obtainable habits. Cram is a great little combat boost that costs almost nothing, with a long duration and a crash comparable to a weak hit from the smallest taser on the market. Bliss really inhibits your ability to do pretty much anything, so Zen is the better pick for a downer. Shorter duration and you'll be less useful in a fight, but the willpower boost is always useful and the down actually carries no crash effect whatsoever.
>>
>>52144777
A Rating 6 SIN + Licenses, and your fake identity is Corporate Court Special Agent. It's a get out of jail free card that will have uses depending how how good you roll your con on "Do not talk about this to anyone". If you abuse it, your GM will burn it at some point.
>>
>>52145035
Isn't Bliss basically Sixth World not-heroin?
>>
NEW THREAD
>>52145176
>>52145176
>>
>>52144900
>>52144919
Are your fingernails enanched for close combat?
>>
File: Trick Shot.gif (2MB, 500x235px) Image search: [Google]
Trick Shot.gif
2MB, 500x235px
>>52142394
My missions tend to be somewhat reactionary to the players' actions. I make a list of everybody that the runners have fucked over or fragged-off and if they fuck up in some way I make sure that it comes back to bite them. I don't do this out of mean-spiritedness or anything, but it helps to give some sense of continuity to the campaign when old enemies return for revenge and that thing you stole a few weeks ago turns out to be something entirely out of your paygrade.
Thread posts: 323
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.