[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG LEGACY GENERAL

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 297
Thread images: 32

File: lich.jpg (33KB, 226x311px) Image search: [Google]
lich.jpg
33KB, 226x311px
Hate Edition

What's your favorite hate? Least favorite? What's the most hate you've played through?

Sorry I don't have the resources/tier list.
>>
>Sorry I don't have the resources/tier list.
I can only read this as
>I am so inept that I don't even know one of this website's simplest functions despite that function being linked multiple times on every page and in the catalog
>>
>>52114872
pretty close. more like
>i forgot about the archive

RESOURCES

>Active Legacy Forums
http://www.mtgthesource.com/forums/forum.php
http://www.mtgsalvation.com/forums/the-game/legacy-type-1-5

>Current Legacy Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=LE
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/legacy

>Find/Browse basic lands by their art (Updated through Duel Decks: Jace vs Chandra)
https://sites.google.com/site/mtgbasics/

READINGS
>Top 5 Breakdown (May 26, 2016)
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/the-top-5-legacy-decks/

>Miracles: The Match-Up Everyone Should Know
http://www.channelfireball.com/articles/how-to-defeat-miracles/

>Utilizing Cabal Therapy (Old but still good)
http://www.channelfireball.com/home/legacy-weapon-therapy-session/

End pg 1

Common Legacy - Decks You Should Prepare to Face
>Miracles
>Delver variants (Grixis, Izzet, BUG, RUG)
>ANT (Ad Nauseam Tendrils)
>Death and Taxes
>Eldrazi Stompy
>Shardless BUG
>Lands

Uncommon Legacy - Decks You Should Know About
>LED Dredge
>Reanimator
>Infect
>Stoneblade
>Burn
>TES (The Epic Storm)
>Elves
>Painter
>Maverick
>4-Color Loam
>Nic Fit
>Sneak n Show

Rare Legacy - Decks You May See On Occasion
>Enchantress
>MUD
>Turbo Depths
>Goblins
>Merfolk
>High Tide
>Aluren
>Food Chain
>12 Post
>Belcher
>Pox Control
>Dragon Stompy
>Tezzerator
>Sneak n Breach
>Stax (White or Black)
>Deadguy Ale
>Landstill
>Manaless Dredge
>Affinity

Mythic Legacy - Decks You'll See Once a Year
>Doomsday Fetchland Tendrils (DDFT)
>Cheerios
>Nourshing Lich
>Non-Eldrazi Moonless Stompy variants
>Spanish Inquisition
>Ux Omnitell
>Parfait
>The Cure (Kavu Predator + False Cure)
>>
Been playing a lot of Legacy online lately and wanted to mess around with some type of Loam Reliquary deck, like the legacy version, but since it's vintage and there's much better mana filtering I can get away with the full 5c. I know it's not a great idea but I'm just looking for some more ideas on what kind of stuff to throw in.
>>
>>52115074
>been playing a lot of Vintage lately*
this is the list I'm starting with but its hard to find people playing vintage
Originally had 4 knights in the deck but I wanted to squeeze in two leovolds and I figured with 4 Confidants and the library and the 2 Zenith's I'd be able to find them pretty quickly. The biggest problem I think the deck has is with Shops on the draw since there's no great ways to deal with artifacts in the deck. Apart from shops i think it can outgrind any other deck in the format. Wish I could run more chalice but what can you do
>>
>>52115585
I've been wanting to get back into vintage, probably online, but I don't want to buy power even though it's so much cheaper online.
>>
>>52114975
>We finally get a thread without the shit pasta
>The circlejerking autist namefag ruins it
Fucking namefags ruins everything
>>
>>52114821
I've been on a chalice and blood moon kick lately, wrecks the shit out of the greedy BUG decks that have been all over the place recently.
Back to Basics is my least favorite, card just doesn't do enough with all the Deathrites running around. Most hate I've played through was Thalia GoT, Chalice on 0, and Sanctum Prelate on 4 while on TES. My Op made a misplay, if he had put Prelate on 2 I would have been dead, instead he opened up burning wish, grab Void Snare, then abrupt decay Prelate EOT, untap Snare thalia and win off rituals in hand + PIF -> IT -> Empty.
>>
>Go off with storm
>It was during my upkeep
::::^^^^)^)^))^)^)
>>
>>52116467
Are you replying to me? I should have been clearer.
My Turn: Burning wish, grab Void Snare, Pass
OP Turn: Beats and passes
My Turn: Untap, Pass
Ops Turn: Attacks me, AD Prelate eot
My Turn: Snare Thalia, go off.
>>
>>52116557
No, I'm pissed about my own fucking stupidity
I had the kill in my hand but I went off with rituals and manamorphoses but did it during my upkeep instead of my main when i could cast my skill because im an actual idiot
>>
Fucking BUG man, Jesus

No fun allowed against that deck
>>
>>52116467
>Playing Cockatrice
>Keep doing shit in my draw phase

It's my worst habit
>>
>>52117083
I'm fine with it, I've been jamming Sneak and Breach. Blood moon decks love playing against greedy three color + wasteland manabases.
>>
>>52117431
>Sneak and Breach
How aggressively do you mull with that deck? It feels janky as hell, like you either win at hyperspeed or eat shit and fizzle out almost as fast
>>
>>52117757
Basically unless my hand does something broken (Turn one Chalice for one, turn 1/2 Blood Moon, or turn 1/2 Sneak/Breach) its usually a mull. I'll mull to five, but never lower; you have almost no chance of winning with a mull to 4. Your right in that sometimes the deck just mulls to oblivion and dies, but it's a lot more consistent than it looks to be on the surface. There is a version that plays 4x top over chalice and some number of 3ball main to be more consistent, but I feel its worse than having chalice. The beauty of chalice version is that almost every non land permanent that you play must be answered, so you always make your OP have it and just keep jamming until they either don't and you win or your dead.
>>
>>52117923
What list do you run? I'm dicking around with Di Giacomi's list on xmage and trying to think of good sideboard tech

Chalice has definitely saved my ass a number of times
>>
>>52117968
This is the list I've been running since Aether Revolt came out.
MB:
2x Combustible Gearhulk
2x Inferno Titan
2x Worldspine Wurm
2x Emrakul, AT
3x Griselbrand
4x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Lotus Petal
4x Seething Song
4x Through the Breach
4x Blood Moon
4x Sneak Attack
4x Chalice of the Void
2x Chandra. Torch of Defiance
10x Mountain
4x Ancient Tomb
4x City of Traitors
1x Crystal Vein
SB:
3x Trinisphere
2x Pyromancy
2x Fiery Confluence
2x Kozilek's Return
2x Ingot Chewer
1x Magus of the Moon
3x Graffdigger's Cage

As far as sideboard stuff, I wouldn't leave home without Fiery Confluence and Pyromancy. Both have won me many games.
>>
>>52118108
This looks tight. I'm gonna try it out, thanks man
>>
>>52118143
No prob, have fun!
>>
File: IMG_20170309_234619_876.jpg (4MB, 2952x3690px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20170309_234619_876.jpg
4MB, 2952x3690px
Is anyone working on a new project at all?
Pic related, just finished this.
>>
>>52118108
This actually looks like a lot of fun!
>>
Made one legacy deck when I first started playing magic.

Never play any vintage players, how shit is it:
http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/dead-already/
>>
File: DoN.jpg (61KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
DoN.jpg
61KB, 312x445px
Shout out to a massive "fuck you" to a ton of popular decks.
>>
>>52118315
I've been slowly assembling bugw Aluren. At this point I'm basically 1 trop and some cheap creatures away. Not sure I'll ever play the deck but it'll be nice to have. Plus there's no significant overlap with Belcher, mono b pox, or burn so I could potentially have all 4 built at once if I needed to provide decks to people.
>>
>>52118315
just waiting on lillies........to finish the pox main........that are still looking like 60$ a pop even after the reprint........fml
>>
I'd love a mono black deck that is all about enchantments and spells, creatureless or maybe 1-2 creatures.

Anything like this that would be effective?
>>
>>52121998
Could play mono b pox with maxed out Chains of Mephistopheles and The Abyss and Nether Void. If you want to build a jillion dollar deck that probably isn't that good.
>>
>>52115710
>implying a solid OP with good resources and a list of playable decks is a bad thing
You want this place to be the Modern general, you incredible autist?
>>
>>52122655
Pls don't respond to the incredible autists. It is difficult but it is the most effective way to keep them from shitting up the thread.
>>
Did any of you live through Flash Hulk? Was it really that bonkers?
>>
>>52123166
Flash hulk was during my hiatus from the game but reports suggest it was that bonkers. Gp columbus 2007 had 3 copies of flash hulk in the top 8. I couldn't find any meta breakdowns but the sheer number of articles about it is telling.
>>
>>52122655
>A solid op
>With totally maked up not-tiered divition
>Just to have autist saying "put my tier999 shitbrew on the list fampai"
>But the thread is not shit
>>
>>52115585
Vintage looks kinda fun, but at the same time seeing every decklist with the same Power in it seems like homogeneous. I've seen some really fun looking Goblin Welder/Mindslaver control decks that look right up my ally.

What's the best Loam list in legacy? Clearly you wanna be in G for Loam, B for Decay and LoTV, W for KotR. Is it worth going into red for Gamble? Blue for Intuition?
>>
>>52123166
Hulk flash was utterly and completely broken. It wasn't tier 0, it was something above even that. There was no reason to play any other deck. If it had not been ban hammered into oblivion the next GP would have been nothing but hulk flash and anti hulk flash.
>>
>>52124879
If there's not much combo in your meta I'd go with Lands. If you have a lot of combo i'd say 4c Loam because chalice main gives it some game vs combo in g1.
>>
>>52124879
The hilarity of the homogenity of moxen means you can run a lot more crazy stuff which is nice
I've been jamming a lot of Vintage Fish lately and it's pretty sweet
>>
File: 2.gif (2KB, 74x75px) Image search: [Google]
2.gif
2KB, 74x75px
So its could be the vokka talking, but like. Could a gereen show&tellish deck based on eureka be anthing? Like maybe ug show and teel? Youcould run like 8 show and trells.
>>
>>52129323
Sure, EurekaTell is a thing, but its expensive as hell to build. LP Italian Eureka's are still about $100 a piece.
>>
>>52129442
>100$
>vintage
>prohibitive

lol the format has staples that cost about 10 grand all together at shit qualities.
>>
File: wat.jpg (52KB, 627x476px) Image search: [Google]
wat.jpg
52KB, 627x476px
>>52129323
>>
>>52129477
Ah. My bad, I thought you were talking about legacy.
>>
>>52129323
>>52129530
I was talking acvout legacy. err fucvvk is eurka noit in legfacyu?
>>
>>52129577
Defense of the Heart is legal.
>>
>>52129723
>>52129577

Eureka's legal.
>>
>>52114821
>favourite hate
Really want to try out Kambal, seems spicy. Also Leovold is sick
>least favourite
Chains of mephistoles or Leovold
>most hate played through
2 TNN, 3 nimble mongoose on field when I've had 3 lands wastelanded and my terminus surgical extracioned
>>
>>52129577
Hav I got something for you, you delightful retard
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=11864&d=267883&f=LE
>>
>>52114821
had some friendly games at an acquaintance's house tonight
>on the play, fetch a scrubland and inquisition opponent
>he's on sneak and show, his hand is tomb petal SNT emrakul ponder spell snare sneak attack
>you don't need that SNT :^)
>they rip another off the fucking top
>put a DRS into play, accept i'll probably lose
>top deck deluge
>deluge for 15 yolo
>draw back to back lingering souls, flood the board
>win with 1/1 beats because my opponent can't seem to find any colored lands
it just feels so good when your deck gives you exactly what you need.
>>
>What's your favorite hate?
There's a lot of storm in my meta, so literally anything that makes their day suck

>What's the most hate you've played through?
Don't see a whole lot of hate for stoneblade, or more accurately spiritblade in my case. It's insane how good spell queller is in legacy when he's shit in every other format.

Creatures:
4 Stoneforge Mystic
3 Spell Queller
3 Mausoleum Wanderer
2 True-Name Nemesis
3 Snapcaster Mage
2 Vendilion Clique

Instant/Sorceries:
3 Swords to Plowshares
3 Daze
4 Force of Will
2 Stifle
4 Brainstorm
2 Counterspell
2 Spell Pierce

Planeswalkers
1 Jace, the Mind Sculptor

Artifacts:
1 Umezawa's Jitte
1 Batterskull

Lands:
1 Plains
3 Wasteland
3 Tundra
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
5 Island

Current Sideboard:
Sanctum Prelate
Chalice of the Void
Engineered Explosives
Ethersworn Canonist
Thalia, Guardian of Thaben
Supreme Verdict
Grafdiggers Cage
Council's Judgement
Meddling Mage
Mindbreak Trap (x3)
Containment Priest (x2)
Seal of Clenching
>>
>>52131082
>seal of clenching
>>
Well, this is what I'm looking at taking to Legacy on Monday, any critiques?

Esper Miracles:
Land: (19)
2 Island
1 Plains
1 Swamp
3 Tundra
2 Underground Sea
4 Flooded Strand
4 Polluted Delta
2 Marsh Flats

Creatures: (7)
3 Monastery Mentor
2 Snapcaster Mage
2 Jace, Vryn’s Prodigy

Non-Creature Spells: (34)
4 Brainstorm
3 Force of Will
3 Daze
4 Swords to Plowshares
4 Ponder
3 Gitaxian Probe
2 Cabal Therapy
1 Painful Truths
3 Terminus
3 Counterbalance
4 Sensei’s Divining Top

Sideboard: (15)
1 Zealous Persecution
1 Massacre
1 Rest in Peace
3 Surgical Extraction
1 Cabal Therapy
1 Thoughtseize
1 Tasigur, the Golden Fang
2 Disenchant
1 Force of Will
1 Entreat the Angels
1 Moat
1 Flusterstorm

Do you think the probes are too cute? I've been debating cutting the probes for meddling mages in the main.
>>
>>52121920
Yeah man, I feel ya, that's all I need to finish punishing jund.. it's a big hurdle..
>>
>>52121126
Yeah I feel ya. I've got punishing jund and Omni-Tell to hand around to someone to get a tournament to fire. My local meta usually has enough, but if for some reason we don't, a few of the buddy fight/card fight kids will be happy to play with us if we provide a deck, so that's cool!
>>
>>52118108
I just finished a couple games with this on xmage and this deck is fucking rad holy shit
>>
>>52133078
Glad you like it, get any FTKs?
>>
>>52114821
>Hate Edition
having a 3-Ball maindeck that I can Transmute for is pretty nice, but my favorite hate card is probably Notion Thief for the blowouts it makes.

>Hate you've played through
Had a christmasland scenario earlier that I thought was pretty great
>vs DnT
>I have Foundry on the field, but they got a Revoker naming it
>Cast Dack Fayden
>Steal Revoker
>Sac Revoker to Transmute Artifact to get Sword and win off combo.
>>52132959
have you played around at all with Fatal Push? I don't usually see Daze in Miracles lists, hows it working out for you? I have a huge hard-on for Lim-Dul's Vault, so I'll try to jam it into any deck but it does seem alright here; finds an answer and in a pinch can set up a Counterbalance trigger guaranteed.
>>
File: 1377689141468.jpg (111KB, 474x595px) Image search: [Google]
1377689141468.jpg
111KB, 474x595px
>>52133106
First game I got the nut draw that let me Breach a T1 Gearhulk, he said no to the draw only to drop a fucking Griselbrand and Worldspine into the graveyard for 19 damage so GG there, it was a 1-game round.

Got fucked up by Miracles second game but I eked out a win in that match with a straight grindfest. Guy got fucked by draw and could not get Counterbalance to fire, so I hardcast SSGs and Magi of the Moon for beatdown.

Real talk that deck is superb. Be proud of it because I'm going to run the fuck out of it.
>>
>>52133124
I'd try Fatal Push if it wasn't for all the B/R Reanimator in my meta, swords cleanly answers the turn one sire shenanigans. Daze has been either amazing or useless, its one of the cards I'm on the fence about; It's great for protecting a turn 2 counterbalance, but mostly garbage as the game goes on (kinda reminds me of my issues with spell pierce actually). I'm going to have to try out a singleton LDV, it seems spicy AF. The Therapys and the Painful Truth have been awesome though!
>>
>>52133177
Thanks man! Miracles is a hard matchup, it gets a lot better in game 2 when you can cut your Moons for 3balls. If you keep seeing miracles constantly you can cut some sideboard stuff to get in another 3ball and some number of boil. Nothing tilts a miracles player like blowing up all their basic island!
>>
Does anyone have that comic with a panel explaining each format, and the one for either legacy or vintage is two guys with giant brains and one of them says "No force of will, I mulligan" and the other says "A wise choice, friend"
>>
File: formats3 (1).png (2MB, 2048x1676px) Image search: [Google]
formats3 (1).png
2MB, 2048x1676px
>>52133523
I have this
>>
File: 1479857908866.png (200KB, 400x1446px) Image search: [Google]
1479857908866.png
200KB, 400x1446px
>>52133523
That was actually made for the EDH general. And it says vintage but we all know it should be legacy because no one actually plays paper vintage
>>
>>52133247
I've played around with Daze in DDFT and felt the same way about it. A lot of times it was pretty dead but when I cast it it usually saved my ass. Felt a bit like a 1-trick pony though, once they knew about it, they played around it. But dazing a hymn or a CB or a chalice felt real good.
>>
>>52132959
yes, stop playing cancer.dek
>>
File: 98f.png (633KB, 599x825px) Image search: [Google]
98f.png
633KB, 599x825px
>>52136508
Wow. Someones salty.
>>
You guy think I should preorder some lillies at 60$, or do you think the price will drop further after the actual print?
>>
>>52132959
Well well well, I have another Esper lover here who wants to jam it in miracles.

For starters I'd cut the swamp or relocate it to the board. I've tried it out and it often ends up being more annoying than not. Baby jace is cute, not sure if he's better than mind sculptor in miracles but I could see him being gas, however with him snap becomes much more powerful and I'd run more than 2. The probes are too cute yes, in miracles can tripping isn't as important as setting up your draws and hopefully having counter top on field will be more than enough to handle what's in their hand at almost any given time. Painful truths is probably a bad choice. Feels to much like a win more Lose more card. I also don't like meddling mage main board but he's a fantastic SB option. As >>52133124 said I also have a huge boner hlfor lim dul's vault. It's actually really awesome setting up the perfect 5 or getting the one SB card you need. That's just my 2 cents but I'd love to here about how you do
>>
Local legacy tournament, loOKs like only 3 people showed up.
>>
>>52137979
Hahaha
that's still better than the time I showed up to a casual Sunday night and asked if anyone played legacy and everyone looked at me like I was stupid and one guy asked "people still play legacy?"
>>
>>52138199
At my old lgs there were like two people who were playing legacy and they told me not to get into the format because there's really nobody else to play with.
>>
>>52138199
We're just doing round Robin winner take all. I beat noble bug. Waiting for the other 2 to finish their match, and then I'll play SI.
>>
>>52137979
I'm the only one within 45 minutes that I know of that has a legacy deck. Thankfully I'm moving to one of Canada's bigger legacy hot spots soon
>>
>>52138848
Well I beat SI. The big 2-0. 15 bucks store credit for my troubles.
>>
>>52136894
240 for a set of lily is better than I could ever expect to find in person. If the place is reputable enough I'd do that in a heartbeat.

She'll be 150 by the time the set is out of print.
>>
File: B.gif (2KB, 74x75px) Image search: [Google]
B.gif
2KB, 74x75px
>>52139405
just pulled the trigger. its hurts a little bit...
>>
>>52139674
Oh wait, you were pre-ordering.

Yeah, you're getting nothing unless you shell out another hundred or two. I refuse to even entertain buying MM stuff that isn't in person because everyone and their brother is looking to scalp.
>>
ehhh, she a high demand mythic. I figure shell stay steady at 50-60$. Once the print is over shell prolly go back up like every other mm card ever.
>>
Bumpo
>>
LED vs no LED dredge? I'm finding that no LED means more stability, but it's pretty fucking slow.
>>
Live again, thread
>>
>>52131429
>I am the crusher, the unstoppable force that will not yield.
>>
>>52144982

Don't go LED-less if you have LEDs.

Both decks are pretty inconsistent, but if you want one with better odds, you're going to need LED.
>>
Game on xmage just got me rock hard
>t1 thoughtseize take a TNN
>t2 collective brutality. Discard lingering souls to disfigure a hierarch and duress a brainstorm
>t3 DRS + hymn hitting a deluge and a fetch
>t4 goyf + souls flashback + Wasteland a trop
>opponent concedes the match

I saw a junk list that got second at a fire & dice event that had a single underground and two Leovold in the side, seemed hot. But before I go and throw a bunch of money at it, what match ups does leovold fuck up the best?
>>
>>52145635
If your opponent is in the business of drawing cards excluding the draw step, Leovold is your friend
>>
>>52145808
So every blue deck?
>>
>>52145635
Leovold also makes life really hard for storm decks if your live long enough to cast him
>>
>>52145998
I've already got kambal and thalia and duress in the SB to fuck with the local storm player... but his reactions when you play a silver bullet are kind of funny so I guess another wouldn't hurt
>>
>>52145635
Leovold is pushed as fuck and is harmful to many decks in the format. If I probe t1 and see leovold and force, I'm gonna therapy that Leovold if I can.
>>
>>52146873
Honestly, as much as I hate playing against Leovold I don't think he's super harmful, then again I don't play storm
>>
>>52146873
I like anit blue cards, but i fucking hate that he is blue
>>
>>52146958
I really wish they'd made Leovold BWG instead on BUG. Would have opened up some interesting junk hatebear decks instead of people just jamming BUG goodstuff.deck
>>
I agree with this, although the "draw a card when targeted" bit on him is definitely a more blue ability.
>>
>>52147954
Agreed. I just don't think that the BUG decks needed anymore ridiculous tools, I'd like to see some other colors/archetypes get some love.
>>
File: 1463173318083.gif (166KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1463173318083.gif
166KB, 500x281px
>>52148150
BGx must be the best fair deck in all formats. it's the law. 2 weeks in the isocubes for playing Death & Taxes.
>>
>>52149791
I just want legacy to be the format where unfair decks are allowed to live in peace. They don't need to be the best decks, just not constantly hated on with each new set.
>>
File: mT6PMHIDWR_icon.jpg (64KB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
mT6PMHIDWR_icon.jpg
64KB, 768x432px
I am ANGRY

ANGRY ABOUT ELVES
>>
>>52139405
>>52136894
Lily cost like 2,5 $ don't let them scam you
>>
>>52145998
Not for tes.
Led led petal mox burning wish and empty the warrens and the guy scoops
>>
>no bans
As expected for Legacy. I did think at least something would get the axe in Modern
>>
>>52153543
>Talking about modern on legacy general.
Gtfo of this thread
>>
File: 4564455.jpg (107KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
4564455.jpg
107KB, 1024x768px
>Earthcraft is STILL banned
b-but why?
>>
>>52153637
Suck my cock you fucking dork I'll talk about whatever I want
>>
>>52153637
>a passing mention of another format

>>52153691
>>52153543
I would imagine Earthcraft, Gobbo Recruiter, Mind Twist and maybe Frantic Search could come off the list. I would totally try Twist since I have so much fast mana with Signets, Tombs and Diamonds.
>>
>>52115585
the hells this deck? looks like you get wrecked by a lot of decks that people play. how go your games?
>>
>>52153778
I don't even think mind twist would be good. Frantic search could potentially be problematic in a deck built to abuse it but honeatly I don't think any existing decks would want it except high tide and it doesn't really solve any of the deck''s problems. Earth craft if fine, and goblin recruiter is probably harmless.
>>
>>52153778
Earthcraft could come off honestly. I cant imagine a reason to leave it on when the combo is roughly the speed of storm these days.

Recruiter could push goblins up too much. Id like it off just because it is only a maybe, and having an aggro deck that isnt D&T or eldrazi would be nice.

Mind twist might still be too strong with the "at random" clause. Same with frantic search, but because a 0 mana looting sounds too good.
>>
>>52153778
Do you really want to sit there while the goblins player takes too much time stacking his entire deck? The rest are probably fine to come off, but I don't think they would actually change the format. What I really want to see is a survival unban. I don't even think it would be that great though with the prevalence of drs and abrupt decay.
>>
>>52157095
If they take too long you call a judge. I've gotten judges called on me when I'm too slow on doomsday piles. No hard feelings, it's the rules.
>>
>hurr Dragon Stompy
Stompy is a green aggro deck. Always was and always will be.
>>
>>52157095
>Goblins player takes too much time stacking his entire deck?
This doesn't bother me too much because oftentimes a few pieces of disruption means the goblin player just loses. I guess if goblins had recruiter maybe they would play red fetches though, so they could undo the deck stack if they needed to.
>Survival unban
I would love to see Survival come off and DRS go on, but I don't think that'll happen.
>>
I want to try a (more or less) fair deck for change that isn't just asking do you have it (RB reanimator) and want to have game vs Miracles, do I get Lands, some Delver variant or DNT?
>>
>>52121998
Commander
>>
What's the best jace+stoneforge deck? I'm looking to get out of modern and I want to play these 2 specific cards in a deck.
>>
>>52160258
Probably some Stoneblade variant. Here's some lists:
http://mtgtop8.com/archetype?a=172&meta=39&f=LE
>>
>>52146908
Leovold can be annoying, sure. But abrupt decay gives him the business all the same, and magus of the will is a funny check to him.

It certainly makes top a lot better in ANT though. It's hardly an impossible MU.
>>
>>52159909
Play a bug deck. They're all the rage.
>>
>>52160620
Don't listen to this man, play jund.
>>
>>52161047
Don't listen to this man, play mono-red Sneak
>>
>>52161118
>I want to try a (more or less) fair deck
>>
>>52161156
Sneak is fair. It either blows up in your face or wins spectacularly.
>>
>>52161118
Don't listen to this man, play 12 post.
>>
>>52161277
Don't listen to this man. Play a bug deck. They're all the rage.
>>
>>52161305
Don't listen to this man. Play Belcher. It's the funnest.
>>
>>52161337
Don't listen to this man. Play pox. You'll become fast friend with the judge when you resolve chains.
>>
>>52161989
Don't listen to this man play miracles, it's the coolest deck And draws are better than losses amrite?
>>
>>52163748
Don't listen to this man play literally anything else. Losing is better than being a massive fag.
>>
>>52164170
If losing isn't an issue come play Tezzerator, we've got tons of mana and janky spells.
>>
Just got done playing legacy at my LGS. Took first place with Mono Red Sneak Attack, finishing (5-0-1). Ran my normal list but messed the SB a bit.

MB:
2x Combustible Gearhulk
2x Inferno Titan
2x Worldspine Wurm
2x Emrakul, AT
3x Griselbrand
4x Simian Spirit Guide
4x Lotus Petal
4x Seething Song
4x Through the Breach
4x Blood Moon
4x Sneak Attack
4x Chalice of the Void
2x Chandra. Torch of Defiance
10x Mountain
4x Ancient Tomb
4x City of Traitors
1x Crystal Vein
SB:
3x Trinisphere
2x Pyromancy
2x Fiery Confluence
2x Kozilek's Return
2x Ingot Chewer
1x Sudden Shock
3x Faerie Macabre

Round 1 Miracles (2-1):
Game 1: (W) Got lucky, opened with turn one Ancient Tomb + Lotus Petal -> Seething Song -> Through the Breach -> Worldspine Wurm. He has no force/terminus and I get there.
Sideboard out: 4x Blood Moon, 4x Seething Song
Sideboard in: 3x Trinishpere, 2x Pyromancy, 2x Kozilek's Return, 1x Sudden Shock
Game 2: (L) I mull to 5 and my OP does what miracles does, counter everything and beat me down with mentor+tokens
Game 3: (W) I jam chalice on one which eats a counter. The next turn I resolve a Trinisphere and Breach Emrakul the turn after and eventually kill him with mana monkeys.
(1-0-0)

Round 2 Elves (2-0):
Game 1: (W) I mull a no lander and keep a turn one chalice hand. Chalice on one followed by Inferno Titan ruins his day
Sideboard out: 4x Blood Moon
Sideboard in: 2x Trinisphere, 2x Kozilek's Return
Game 2: (W) he plays a dork and passes, I jam petal + trinisphere followed next turn by sneaking a griselbrand and drawing a million for the win.
(2-0-0)

Round 3 Bye:
(3-0-0)
>>
Round 4 D&T (0-0-2):
We choose to draw into the top 4 instead of playing it out
(3-0-1)

Cut to top 4, I'm 3rd seed

Round 5 Infect (2-1):
Game one: (L) I mull an opener with 3 fatties and mana to a reasonable, but slow chalice hand. My chalice got countered and he has the gold old glistiner elf + invigorate + berserk to kill me on turn 2. Yay.
Sideboard out: 4x Seething Song, 2x Blood Moon
Sibeboard in: 3x Trinisphere, 2x Kozilek's Return, 1x Sudden shock
Game 2: (W) This game was a grind and kinda of a blur, he has force for my first trinisphere, but I'm able to clear his board with after I resolve the second 3ball and k-return, I get there with gearhulk beats.
Game 3: (W) Turn one blood moon locks him out due to an opener with no dorks and no fetches. He sits on 2x inkmoths as I kill him the mana monkey and inferno titan beats.
(4-0-1)

Round 5 D&T (2-0):
Game one: (W) Turn one Sneak Attack into Griselbrand is a hell of a drug
Sideboard: no changes
Game two: (W) My op played plains and vial and passed. I breached a gearhulk. OP had me mill instead of draw. It was a huge mistake. I milled: Land, Worldspine, Emrakul for a cool 26 damage.

Finish first place (5-0-1)
Not going to lie, I was running hot AF tonight. Lots of turn one kills and ripping the right top decks, along with only two mulligans makes for great fun!
>>
>>52164424
How do you fight through hand disruption? I tried this online and got fucked up by a nasty Pox brew. T1 Thoughtsieze each game
>>
File: 20170313_225117.jpg (5MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170313_225117.jpg
5MB, 5312x2988px
Gonna proxy LED dredge. Any tips?
>>
>>52164973
Hand disruption can be tough to deal with, you just kinda have to hope for the best with this deck, there's really no answer other than to hope for resilient openers. I've never played pox with mono red but being on the play helps a lot in heavy discard matchups, it's pretty hard for them to cast thoughtsieze/therapy/inquisition when there's a chalice for one out.
>>
>>52165085
I'm still learning when to keep and when to mull with Sneaky Red, sounds like I should hold onto T1 Chalice/Blood Moon type of plays until I can hit ignition on a hasty Griselbrand/Worldspine
>>
>>52165105
Fast chalice and blood moon hands are some of your most broken, they often win matches for you before you've even put a creature into play.
>>
>>52165015
its not exactly a skill intensive deck...

mull until you hit mana+loot+dredger. If any deck can win off a mull to 3, its dredge. Also understand how bridge from below works, for example if a spell kills one of your creatures and one of theirs, you get to order the triggers so you will still get zombies. However, they can kill a creature in response to a bridge trigger to exile it and you dont get zombies (because of the intervening if). Cabal therapy is very powerful, make sure you know what you want to name against every deck you are facing, as well as the common hate cards that those decks have access to. Also don't be afraid to "go for it" blind turn 1 with something like breakthrough+LED, make them have it, thats what the LEDs are there for.
>>
File: vomit-chan.jpg (158KB, 740x740px) Image search: [Google]
vomit-chan.jpg
158KB, 740x740px
>Landstill
>>
>>52166215
Whats wrong with Landstill senpai? There are some pretty cool standstill brews out there, hell I'm messing with one myself.
>>
>>52166277
I just lost to it, that's what's wrong

It's OK, it's my fault, really. I don't know this format well at all and don't know any matchups
>>
>>52166215
The last time I played against landstill I was on shardless. I lost the first game but it took so fucking long. Looking back, I probably should have conceded earlier, but I technically had outs. Game 2 I won in a reasonable time frame, and game 3 I had lethal on board but he had the last turn of extra turns. He chose not to concede, which normally I don't care about, I'm sure I could have played faster (although he wasn't playing that slowly, I definitely was keeping up a faster pace). But then he said something about "normally this deck is just trying to win game 1 and then go to time." Thats really what rubbed me the wrong way. I think its wrong to take advantage of a limitation of playing in paper, since this is obviously not a problem online. I am not saying that all landstill players are like this, but I'm sure a good portion do not keep up a reasonable pace of play relative to how slowly the deck actually wins. Anyway, that is just my opinion on decks like that. Not that I think they are necessarily bad for the format or uninteresting to play with/against, but pilots should really be competent enough to win within the time limit, and its a negative aspect of the playstyle that they can exploit a flaw in tournament structure.
>>
>>52164424
>Chalice on one followed by Inferno Titan
How do you do this shit so fast, what kind of draws are you getting
>>
>>52167036
The hand that I kept for that game was: CoT, Chalice, Mountain, Mountain, Lotus Petal, Seething Song. Scry'd another land to the bottom and top decked Inferno Titan on turn two. The game played like this: Turn 1: chalice for one off CoT, Turn 2: tap Cot for 2, play mountain, seething song, cast petal, Inferno Titan. I knew my OP was on elves so I kept the fast chalice hand and hoped it would stall him long enough to find a castable creature or enabler+fatty.
>>
>>52167198
Sounds like you're shit-hot on draws, I get fucked whenever I play on xmage

>3 Seething Songs in a row
>not a single creature

I also can't sideboard for shit because I don't know the Legacy meta very well
>>
Modernfag looking to move to Legacy

Anything similar to Grishoalbrand? Reanimator looks pretty close.
>>
>>52167537
Tin fins is basically the exact same deck, but beefed up for legacy.
>>
>>52167468
Oh no joke, I ran hotter than the sun tonight. I had several games were I top decked what I needed or just flat did something flat broken on turn one so what my opponent did just didn't matter.

>3 Seething Songs in a row
>not a single creature
Sometimes this deck just bricks off and you die, its the price of playing chalice over some sort of filtering like faithless looting or top. You trade consistency for explosiveness.

>I also can't sideboard for shit because I don't know the Legacy meta very well
My general sideboard plans are:
1. never cut lands, petals, or simians.
2. cut seething song against force decks, generally I bring in 2x 3ball and 2x pyromancy.
3. chalice gets cut against other chalice decks. bring in whatever sideboard cards seem effective in their place
4. Against non-blue creature based deck (Elves, DnT, Maverick, ect) I usually cut Blood Moons and bring in sweepers to answer their swarms/hate bears

Other than that its tweaks depending on the deck your face, what they show you, and being on the play vs draw.
>>
>>52167537
I second Tin Fins, deck is cool as fuck. It's like the bastard child between UB Reanimator and ANT.
>>
>>52164170
:(
But I like playing Miracles...
>>
I'm running R/G lands, thoughts on my sideboard?

4 X Tireless trackers
4 X Krosan Grip
2X Sphere of Resistance
3 X Chalice of the Void
1 X Choke
1 X Surgical extraction
>>
>>52167742
that looks pretty typical, although I think bojuka bog is better than surgical (assuming you dont have one in the main). another thing to consider is some sort of board wipe like kozilek's return or sulfur elemental, but it depends on your meta.
>>
>>52167580
>>52167662
Oh man this looks extremely my shit. Shame it doesn't have the style factor of Borborygmos throwing lands at your opponent for the win
>>
>>52167851
you could always try just hardcasting your emrakul if you want to win stylishly.
>>
>>52167844
got bojuka in main. Hadn't thought of kozilek's return, thanks
>>
>>52166628
I think this guy was just wrong and slow at the deck.
>>
Why is Three Wishes a top sold card on MCM? Did I miss something?
I really don't see the point, apart from fringe cases like it being used in a DD pile where you can exile LED, LED, BW and go for the drills.
>>
>>52170391
A few DDFT players tried Act on Impulse when it was printed but there aren't really any situations where you'd want it over the currently played options. In short, I haven't the foggiest fucking idea why 3 wishes is sold out.
>>
>>52167742
In which matchups and replacing which cards do you board Tireless Trackers?
>>
>>52170391
European markets can have random as fuck buyouts too I guess.
>>
Bumping with a video I made of one of my matches on MTGO. Got a couple new videos up since the last time I posted my shit here. Check it out if you want to learn more about DDFT or my singing voice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mcstAexnzE4&feature=youtu.be
>>
Any legacy equipment decks where I can pump up random X mob over and over and then BAM have crazy cool effects?
>>
What did Vintage look like before Monastery Mentor, particularly the "fair" decks?
>>
>>52177128
idk if vintage had fair decks. All i ever herd about was stax type decks, retard speed combo and affinity.
>>
So why exactly burn isn't considered to be too good? Why and for what it folds to? Miracles control? Storm? Aggros?
>>
>>52179090
storm dose the same thing faster, so its '''''''''better'''''''''. Challice is almost just GG right then and there. And miracles just makes you want to cut yourself, more so than usual. That being said you are immune to most mana denial and removal, and people have to respect that you have explosive damage and always be in fear of a fast clock.
>>
>>52177128
"Fair" decks haven't changed much. It's fish. The only difference is whether the fish are fish or humans or occasionally goblins.
>>
>>52167742
I suggest Crucible if you have a lot of miracles in your meta.

Lately, I've been playing a Scorched Earth in the main, but it'll jump to the sideboard once everyone knows my tricks.
>>
>>52138199
Reminds me that the modern players here always talk about legacy dying. My LGS started hosting Proxy Legacy Events and at least 15 people have showed up every time. This is more than any of the modern FNMs have gotten in a while.

"hurrdurr legacy is dyin"
>>
>>52180820
honestly if the format is to survive I think there need to be a big push for more proxy event/nights/luges. Tons of people are intrested, but none want to buy in.
>>
>>52180882
Yeah, no idea why more stores don't do this. To be fair, I bought into Manaless Dredge, which is an iffy deck but I still have fun. Just means I lose to hate if I don't counter, oh well.
>>
>>52164207
You should listen to this man.
>>
>>52180882
>>52181189
It's probably because Vintage can run proxy events because nobody believes that they will actually gather the money for it while people still think it's viable to buy into Legacy. Once RL cards are too expensive for anyone to be viable is when proxys will be more allowed, but then nobody will actually buy in.

Legacy isn't dying as much as declining, Modern Masters 17 is giving interest into the format, nobody wants to spend money on RL cards or even just Legacy Decks (I tried and given up myself).

People will rather play T1 in Modern than T2-3+ in legacy. Sure there's Burn but face it, how many people want to play Burn?
>>
>>52180882
I'm really glad that our store is doing exactly this. Legacy with as many proxies as you want, but you have to pay extra to play with them and they have to look proper.

I think in the 6 or so months they've been doing it it's failed to fire only two or three times, though there have been a few 7s where a store employee makes 8 and scoop/drops round 1.
>>
>>52180882
yeah, my store does proxy legacy. but the store owner has this weird stipulation that he wants the proxies to be shitty. they have to be noticeably fake. he said he trusts his players but at the end of the day he wont encourage players to bring proxies if it results in someone unknowingly being traded a proxy by a "predator". so no chinamen 99%©™ fakes
>>
>>52180062
I feel like storm is even more vulnerable to chalice decks than burn, while being faster, yes, they also don't have realistic chance to win over chalice x=0 and 1. I can see the point on it being the faster deck (=good) for essentially the same thing. Never seen burn vs miracles before, should probably watch some youtube videos to see what the main issues are. Seems like exquisite firecraft is the must card in it.

What's the general consensus on rift flame in the deck?
>>
>>52186273
Miracles vs. Burn is like... they have CounterTop; your deck no longer does anything. Add to that how well Miracles can usually play around Price of Progress and it's a fucking absolute dicks matchup; even post-board when you have Exq.Firecraft

Storm tends to play Abrupt Decay. 2x isn't an amazing chance that you can find an answer to Chalice unless you have some retarded hand where you can Infernal Tutor for Decay while putting Past in your yard or something; but it does give the deck outs.

Burn meanwhile pre-board has no way to beat it without being lucky and drawing all of the PoP/Fireblast/Flame Rift.
>>
>>52177128
'Fair' in the context of Vintage? A lot more Delver, Pyromancer decks; Null Rod decks were around but they are still around.

Mentor just sort of fucked out of the format every other Blue deck that doesn't play Gush, and then every other Blue deck that does play Gush since it's just so much better at abusing that engine.
>>
>>52186363
Never seen storm play abrupt decay preboard. Won't say it's impossible tho, but would assume you play the optimal storm with duress backup. Burn has with flame rift 20 cards that go over chalice. Of course chalice on 2 is pretty much gg, unless playing postboard with smash to smithereen on x=1. Doesn't seem too impossible compared, though. I mean I know the miracles is the pinnacle of shitshow for burn to deal with, but that being said, what is the chance to get to countertop mode and how fast can you do it? Given exquisite firecraft and fireblast is essentially the finishers here.
>>
>>52186478
Depends on the version, 4x Ponder builds will obviously be more consistent at assembling CounterTop quickly. But I'd say turn 5 is on the slower side. You often also just have the Counterbalance in play but without the top and lucksack your way into countering their 1s as Miracles has quite a few itself.

Yeah a lot of modern Storm lists have taken to playing 2x in the main. I know Rodrigo Togores' list right now has 2 main, 2 in board. It's a pretty good card honestly. Makes it so you can win thru Counterbalance, Chalice, Leovold, Thalia, etc..
>>
>>52166628
>miracles vs reanimator game 3
>rip on the board, priest in hand, literally 0 outs for reanimator
>jace is building up counters
>reanimator plays real fucking slow, takes about 2 minutes per turn playing cantrips and pretending to think
>desperately try to find snapcasters, mentors, angels because I know what he's doing. find nothing
>guy is literally laying down his cards and slowly drinking his water during his turns
>jace ults, guy has 7 cards, bonus turns start

congratulations on your draw, man.
>>
>>52181189
I think one disincentive is the fact that any play with proxies cannot be sanctioned. Probably turns a few people off.
>>
>>52187364
When talking about legacy, it's more like it's either proxies or no game nights at all in the format.
>>
A tricky question, pls no hate.

I am considering getting into legacy and happen to have most of the pieces of Infect since it just became obsolete in Modern

Now the only pieces I am missing are FoW - and I am right now not feeling like dumping upwards of 200 dollars on a playet of cards in a format I don't yet know I like.

I do however have an option of getting chinaman proxies for cheapo. From your experience, how difficult it is to distinguish a quality chinaman fake FoW from the original. I will buy the cards eventually but want to play for a few months in the meantime.

Also, how viable is Infect in legacy? Is it even a deck?
>>
>>52187676
Why not just proxy the cards you are missing and play a few games with people at your flgs?
Infect can be strong depending on the metagame.
>>
>>52187676
Infect is ok.
go with china forces, literally perfect now.
>>
>>52187676
Some of the China proxies are garbage, others are almost indistinguishable. luckily force is one of the best they make. some of the earlier forces out of China were too greenish, the current batch is spot on.
>>
>>52187676
it's not tier1, but a solid deck. you have to play around a lot more shit that really doesn't care about you (terminus...) so it's the complete opposite of how it is in modern (empty my godhand and count to 10 ftw)
>>
File: image (1).jpg (44KB, 425x263px) Image search: [Google]
image (1).jpg
44KB, 425x263px
>>52187755
This so much
>>
File: Illusionary Mask_U.jpg (52KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Illusionary Mask_U.jpg
52KB, 312x445px
I want Chinamen to destroy the reserved list. Godspeed you little chinks.

But anyway, has anyone tried to build a deck with this piece of meat garbage? Seems like it could be fun.
>>
File: Leovold, Emissary of Trest_CN2.jpg (54KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Leovold, Emissary of Trest_CN2.jpg
54KB, 312x445px
>>52188207
Neat* garbage

Also, thinking about building Aluren. Pulled a couple of Leovold and would love to put them to use. I should probably play more on MTGO before picking a Legacy deck.

Everyone I know is too much of a poorfag to play Legacy in paper, and they're too disinterested to make proxies. My local store pretty much only plays Frontier since it's a hip new meme.
>>
>>52188207
Old school way to use mask is with phyrexian dreadnought to get a 12/12 for cheap. I haven't heard of the deck putting up results in a long time though. Seems like you could build an interesting blue based deck using stifle, mask, and dark confidant but I don't know if it would actually be any good.

http://www.starcitygames.com/magic/standard/22187_Deck_Tech_MaskNaught_with_AJ_Kerrigan.html
>>
>>52188207
nice wording rito
>>
>>52188271
>lgs only plays frontier
Get out while you're still yourself

>>52188449
I've seen some old budget lists that use vision charm instead of stifle, back when stifle was more expensive. Could probably use it as stifle 5-6 in a stiflenought deck.
>>
>>52187676
Just be careful with china proxies. Iv'e noticed quite a few consistency issues with them. Artifacts seem to be a crap soot, the colors are almost always fucked. However their duals and forces seem on point. Im not cool enough to own real duals so I don't have anything to compare those to, but forces are pretty much spot on. The only difference ive noticed on the forces is that the artist name is way to crisp on the fakes compared to the real ones, where its softer/more blurry. But that could just be from the real card being old as fuck and played with. That being said, theres a lot of things people don't noticed double sleeved and across a table. Especially with cards you just kind of flash like force.
>>
Thanks to all anons for the chinaman advice - I am careful about it and desu don't enjoy it (leaving the "save money" part aside) - but I feel terrible each time I buy a 60 usd card desu.

Anyway, any advice on how to run Infect in legacy? Things to be aware of, afraid of and smug about? Spicy interactions and tech? Worth splashing white for Swords or RIP?
>>
>>52190226
ug is the standard. With your main dudes being blighted agent, glistiner elf, and inkmoth nexus. It reminds me a lot of elves in the sense that you have to know when to play combo or agro. I don't play it, but my advice to you is learn all the ins and outs of berserk, and all the combat tricks you can do. And if your opponent is playing to timidly, make them regret it. A lot of people are so scared of the free pumps+berserk=kill play, that they don't notice and elf or agent just poking them for 1 for a few turns.
>>
>>52190226
I've only played against it, but it seems to behave like a delver deck that has traded some consistency and interactivity for a lot of potential explosiveness. Some hands are real clunkers, but you can win on turn 2, which delver can't. The only tricks I'm aware of are wastelanding yourself or dazing your own spells to get cards in grave to become immense, and using berserk as a kill spell.
>>
>>52153778
>time to argue for paragraphs on end that Mind's desire would be a totally safe unban
Seriously though
>>
File: Suppression Field_RAV.jpg (47KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Suppression Field_RAV.jpg
47KB, 312x445px
>>52188625
>>lgs only plays frontier
>Get out while you're still yourself
There's a store a bit further away that has Modern events, but nowhere within an hour has Legacy.

I mean, I'll never enjoy Frontier. I only play it because they do Win-a-Box events sometimes and my friend and I just clean house since they're all bads. I have to borrow the Frontier deck from my friend since I'm not willing to obtain Frontier staples.

I should stop talking about it as if it's a real format.

But yeah, I would love to get into Legacy. I am just too in love with gimmicks to play anything "good." Maybe I'll build Mono-W soldiers, featuring one of my favorite cards.
>>
>>52193817
do you actually believe this?
>>
What's a fun "death or glory" type of deck? I'm talking something that either wins in spectacular style, or falls flat on its face and dies in a horrible wreck.
>>
File: 1330561264612.gif (20KB, 600x256px) Image search: [Google]
1330561264612.gif
20KB, 600x256px
How is infect in legacy? Modern infect is dead and I'm looking move into this format
>>
>>52197304
Belcher of spanish inquisistion is what your looking for. Super fast glass cannon decks. Belcher is probably the fastest deck in the format, if i remember correctly its average critical turn is something like 1.5ish.
>>
>>52197304
belches, Spanish inquisition, opps all spells,
>>
>>52197304
leylines if you have balls
>>
>>52197304
I posit the DDFT has the qualities you're looking flr but you need to be a retard to play it.
>>
>>52197437
It's like solid T2.5. There's a few things that completely blow you out, but there's a lot of times you completely blow people out too.

Honestly I would suggest belcher, it's easier to play and suffers the same kinds of problems, plus its cheaper. Learn the format on something like that and take it from there.
>>
File: fuckingbullshit.png (12KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
fuckingbullshit.png
12KB, 400x400px
What is the most communist deck I can play in legacy comards?
>>
>>52199014
Dragon Stompy or imperial painter:
a) its super Red
b) communist lands, everyone has the same ones
>>
>>52199014
I'd say burn. Its super cheap as far as legacy decks go, so the proliteriat can afford it. It punishes bourgeoisie 3 color mana bases with price. Its quite possibly the redest deck in legacy, pure and free of ideological pollution. Not to mention you could nickname the deck "the red scare" for extra lulz.
>>
>>52199014
Small pox if you view the graveyard as the gubment
>>
>>52199281
>"the red scare"
holy fuck thatrs good
>>
>>52199014
Nic Fit, spread the wealth.
>>
>>52199014
On the other hand slivers are the ideology of communism. Everything is shared. You are the ruler of hivemind.
>>
>>52186363
>they have CounterTop; your deck no longer does anything.
Spoken like a shitter.
>>
>>52204776
Thems fightin words. I agree
>>
>>52197304
BR Reanimator is pretty all in. Speaking of reanimator.
>friend moves to Guam
>scene is shit, decides to sell out of the game
>asks me to send him a card to commemorate all the fun we had
>card arrived two days ago
>decide I want finish foiling my griselbrands
>put in an order
Guess where it's headed.
>>
>>52199014
Slivers.
>>
Playing in a league with my friends, where we draft from random old sets. Right now we have 8th edition core and mirrodin, but we're soon gonna get cards from onslaught and champions of kamigawa.

My friend made an artifact deck with crystal shard and it totally shits on my blue/black deck. What are the best cards in our current sets to counter artifacts and enchantments? Crystal shard, welding jar, lightening greaves, and myr enforcer are destroying me

I'm a noob BTW if that wasn't obvious. My deck is a bit of creature removal from black and a bunch of 2/2 and 2/1 fliers. Plus a few late game big guys and graveyard interaction, and sine random creatures that I was able to pick up like looming shade and ravenous rats
>>
>>52204776
pretty much true
>>
File: HALP.jpg (34KB, 655x527px) Image search: [Google]
HALP.jpg
34KB, 655x527px
Gonna meet up with a friend, who has a collection and play some games.

Never played Legacy before.(Standard Fag)
Let's say he has every card i need (which I doubt)

What would be the most Brain dead autistic, retard, friendly deck to play?

thx.
>>
>>52208919
sneak&show or RB reanimator. those decks really just play themselfs.
>>
>>52208919
Oops all spells, once you learn how the combo works.
>>
>>52208948
>>52209156
Sick.
Thanks
>>
How does this make you feel?
http://mtgtop8.com/event?e=14967&d=290499&f=LE
>>
>>52211000
NO Shardless? I'm not sure. Don't get me wrong, you get style points and will surprise the hell out of anyone you play, but now seems like a bad time to try to jam Progenitus with everyone packing edict effects to deal with true name. I also feel like there should be another NO target in case Progenitus in stuck in your hand.
>>
>>52211000
Like it lost to omnishow.
>>
>>52211000
speaking of spicy, how about this number:
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/deck/477145#paper
>>
>>52204776
>Spoken like a shitter
I haven't played the matchup from the Burn side, because I'm not some kind of sick fuck that enjoys point Deal 3 Damage at the opponent and calling it a nice game of Magic.

I'm the sick fuck that enjoys wasting everyone's time by diddling with Sensei's Top, and I have never lost a game against Burn where CounterTop was down before turn 5.
>>
>>52211000
Man, I really dislike BUG Control/Shardless. At least with Miracles you know what you're up against, vs BUG it could be Aluren combo, Shardless or even this pile.

>>52212969
>Notion Thief and Dack maindeck
Pretty based.
>>
>>52206161
But why is it going to Guam?
>>
>>52212969
>1 unearth
Color me erect
>>
As a newbie who hasn't and probably won't ever spend a cent on MTG, do you guys play on MTG Forge or anything? I came across that a few days ago, so I've been playing a lot against the computer.

Magistrate's Scepter and Coretapper Myrs are a lot of fun. I can't imagine the salt that would happen if someone used that against another player.
>>
>>52217128
xmage is better
>>
>>52217128
>I can't imagine the salt that would happen if someone used that against another player.

If you want to provoke salt you need something other than stuff that doesn't get played, as there's usually one or more good reason for that.

Vintage runs time vault + voltaic key which is your combo except in really good and even that doesn't get people salty.
>>
>>52217243
>time vault + voltaic key
I thought time vault was banned, though...

But I mostly stumbled over the 'infinite turns' thing because I was making a myr deck, and found the coretapper.

Then I mostly just searched for everything in the world that could use charge counters, grabbed some interesting things, and tried it out.
>>
>>52217288
Almost every card is allowed in Vintage, anon. It's the craziest format.

It's the restricted ones that matter, meaning you can only have one copy in a deck. 1 Lotus, 1 Recall, 1 Walk, etc
>>
>>52217288
Other than Ante, Dexterity Cards, and Sheherazad; every card is legal for play in Vintage, but yeah a lot are limited to 1 copy.

#StillMadNoGushReRestriction
>>
>>52220661
>>52217578
Awesome.

So, as a newbie who's only ever really played against computers in Duels of the Planeswalkers and videogames like that, if I try joining a server on xmage and playing against real people will I get the absolute shit kicked out of me?
>>
Expect to be destroyed at first. Knowing what a keepable hand looks like is more important in vintage than any other format, and I'm not sure Duels can prepare you well enough for that. I would recommend watching vintage games and try to see why they do the things they do, unless you don't mind losing turn 2 for a few games.

Good luck.l though. It's a type of magic that can be an acquired taste, but it's fun as fuck once you find a deck that you can pilot comfortably. We also need more people playing on xmage and appreciate anyone who wants to actively attempt to git gud
>>
>>52221293
Meant to quote
>>52220691
>>
>>52220691
In general, expect to be destroyed no matter the format. Like it's not as hard of a community as MTGO, IMO; but most of the people still know what they are doing.

With formats like Vintage/Legacy it becomes even harder since the innate complexity of a lot of decks is higher. Even something like when to Force of Will or when to Mental Mistep, is incredibly important.
>>
>>52217578
>It's the craziest format
Sure, but the fact that vintage has restricted cards makes it a less skill intensive format than legacy. Variance can work out in your favor with a nut draw or it can screw you over.
>>
>>52221636
I agree with this. Legacy is the hardest format.
Unless you are a mememaster and play B/R.
>>
>>52221636
I agree with this. I've beaten mentor with my shitty kobold clamp deck for Fucks sake. That can only be explained by variance. Vintage is a hell of a lot of fun though and definitely not without skill.
>>
>>52217128
try xmage, its better and also free.
>>
>>52217128
Cockatrice is the most popular platform for free MtG
>>
File: joes salrt.jpg (900KB, 1610x1210px) Image search: [Google]
joes salrt.jpg
900KB, 1610x1210px
>>52223944
people also cheat like motherfuckers on cockatrice. And have no idea how the stack works.God forbid you call someone out or ask them to slow the fuck down, then they quit. FUCK cockatrice.
>>
>>52224021
I find that people don't usually "cheat" (what would even be the point? There are no prices or ELO points on the line) but are just honestly that fucking clueless about how the game works.
>>
>>52224064
I switched to xmage after too many people cheated on cockatrice. The most common cheat I saw was people taking some illegal action and then crack a fetch and shuffle a bunch so you wouldn't see it in the game log without scrolling up a lot. Which is retarded because it makes it obvious you did something shady. So that's the level of play on cockatrice.
>>
>>52118315

very cool card! fucking awesome!
>>
Is lowland stompy still a deck? Could it be updated to compete?
>>
>>52226412
I played against a zoo/lowland-like deck with Kird Apes and the works alongside Thalia and Scab-Clan Berserker to shore up the combo matchup.
>>
File: Crop_Rotation.jpg (78KB, 300x240px) Image search: [Google]
Crop_Rotation.jpg
78KB, 300x240px
So I haven't really played Legacy since 2011. Reasoning being that I had to sell my cards for life reasons. I played Modern for a while, but I eventually bought back into Legacy (And yes, it was painful), and I am going to a Legacy tourney tomorrow. I couldn't afford a Lands deck back then, but I can now, and while I've had some amount of practice with it, and watched a lot of matches with the RG version, I was wondering if anyone had any tips or input before going? Here's the list I'm going with. It's RUG because that's the classy way to do it, and that looks more like the Lands I used to know.

4x Mox Diamond
1x Crucible of Worlds
3x Punishing Fire
4x Life from the Loam
3x Engineered Explosives
1x Gamble
2x Intuition
4x Exploration
4x Crop Rotation

3x Thespian’s Stage
1x Academy Ruins
4x Wasteland
1x Barbarian Ring
2x Taiga
1x The Tabernacle at Pendrell Vale
4x Ghost Quarter
1x Bojuka Bog
1x Tolaria West
2x Dark Depths
3x Maze of Ith
1x Glacial Chasm
3x Grove of the Burnwillows
1x Forest
2x Tropical island
1x Misty Rainforest
1x Verdant Catacombs
1x Wooded Foothills
1x Karakas

Side:
3x Krosan Grip
3x Tireless Tracker
4x Sphere of Resistance
2x Chalice of the Void
2x Surgical Extraction
1x Riftstone Portal

Riftstone Portal is mostly a hedge against Blood Moon, not sure how needed it is, or whether it should be replaced.
>>
>>52226412
The biggest issue with a deck like this would be the combo and miracles matchups. Root maze and dryad arbor might help a bit.
>>
>>52226944
Why not just play mindbreak trap vs combo?
>>
>>52229271
Because most combo decks run discard. Your unlikely to be able to sit on a mindbreak trap waiting for the combo deck to go off. Permanent based hate is much better than stack based interaction in general against spell based combo decks because they have a much harder time dealing with it.
>>
>>52229332
Wait wait wait, the only combo deck I know that packs hand hate is ANT, and you can race them in that way (or shit off access to the graveyard with leyline/crypt). Belcher, oops, and other "win or lose by turn one" decks have to go all in and not run protection like discard.
>>
>>52186363
>they have CounterTop; your deck no longer does anything
This hasn't been the case ever since Exquisite Firecraft. If you played Burn you would know that that card helps immensely. Miracles still has the upperhand, but the matchup isn't as miserable as you make it out to be.
>>
>>52229477
Also add to that list TES, U/B Reanimator, R/B Reanimator, Aluren, Dredge, DDFT, and a few I'm sure that I forgot. Lots of combo decks run hand disruption.
>>
>>52229628

Well U/B Reanimator, R/B Reanimator, and Dredge all fall to graveyard hate like ANT... So that really only leaves TES, Aluren, and DDFT to add.

I dunno. The sort of decks Zoo/Lowland can't out-race make Mindbreak Trap a good sideboard card, I think. They can use other spells to combat the more "fair" combos, or just try and out-race them.
>>
File: DEtClqY.jpg (175KB, 1072x1440px) Image search: [Google]
DEtClqY.jpg
175KB, 1072x1440px
HERE IT COMES BOIS
>Dusk
Destory all creatures with power 2 or greater
>Dawn
Consequence-cast this spell only from your graveyard

Return each creature with power 2 or greater to your hand.
>>
>>52232934
Fuck I hope this isn't real. That layout is an abomination.
>>
>>52232934
God damn that is grotesque
>>
>>52232934
Why format it like this? It's one half a split card, and half a flip card, when either would look better.
>>
>>52115585
2 Mox Diamond in main and 1 Sphire in the Side?
I only see Vintage streams in the VSL and youtube uploads. I've seen people tend to reduce the number of moxes, even in Storm.
Can see what the deck plan is. Just grind up with knight + loam? It doesn't looks reliable. I don't know, it just doesn't look like it could make it... Too many mana sources, little interaction, way too many weak points.
Try to think in the meta when building the deck.
>>
So my LGS has LEDs, they want $425 for the playset. Is that a good deal or should I try to haggle them lower?
>>
>>52231581
>Wait wait wait, the only combo deck I know that packs hand hate is ANT

This is simply not true, one of the most common ways that a combo deck interacts with its opponent is through discard. Take a look at almost any combo deck that contains black and you'll see some number of discards spells. Coincidentally, lots of combo decks run black in part to gain access to discard affects because it allows them to preemptively answer problems.

>or shit off access to the graveyard with leyline/crypt

Permanent based hate is in general, much better against combo decks than stack based hate, for instance BR Reanimator can easily discard a Surgical, but has a much harder time beating Containment Priest or Leyline. Same goes for TES, TES will usually easily beat Force/Mindbreak Trap/Flusterstorm due to discard and knowing its there via Gitaxian Probe, but something like Trinisphere or Sanctum Prelate causes it fits. We are actually agreeing in a disconnected way on this point.
>>
>>52234283
That's definitely on the higher end for LEDs; TCG puts NM LED at ~$110. What kind of condition are they in?
>>
>>52235263

I suppose the issue I'm thinking is, what is a good way for Lowland Stompy, which is a mono GREEN deck, to deal with combo. Trinisphere could do it but it's more at home in a deck that runs less one-drops and more Ancient Tombs. So, that was my reasoning for why running Mindbreak Traps might be the best bet in the deck, siding out the deck's tech against "fair" decks, Winter Orb. Same for decks that use the graveyard as a resource/combo instead of using lands, you'd take out the Winter Orbs and put in Crypts/Leyline. I dunno, it's all I got suggestion-wise for mono green.
>>
>>52232934
I would have preferred something more similar to the kamigawa flip card layout. that is just hideous
>>
>>52232934
Brb selling out of magic
>>
File: packgyhate.jpg (30KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
packgyhate.jpg
30KB, 223x310px
>>52232934
Couldn't it have been a regular split/flip/DFC layout with a bit of text and the tombstone being brought back instead of... that?
>>
File: googlyeyedbastard.jpg (47KB, 375x523px) Image search: [Google]
googlyeyedbastard.jpg
47KB, 375x523px
lilies shipped out today. Once they get here the pox1.0 main will be done. Now I just need to finish up the side. currently running 4 engineered plague and 4 ratched bombs. I thihnk i shoud throw in some void leyines. Mayber some asian chains and nethervoids if they are passable.
>>
>>52239525
Is this confirmed? I can't believe wotc thought this was a good idea.
>>52241151
Very nice.
>>
File: goth01.jpg (74KB, 450x600px) Image search: [Google]
goth01.jpg
74KB, 450x600px
How do I balance my blue control deck?
>>
>>52245634

Forgot link

http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flood-of-mud/
>>
File: explosion.gif (16KB, 71x100px) Image search: [Google]
explosion.gif
16KB, 71x100px
>>52245634
>http://tappedout.net/mtg-decks/flood-of-mud/
>>52245642
>81 cards
>mostly but not all singletons
Looks like a pile of shit sempi
>>
>>52245634
>>52245642

This isn't a legacy deck, anon. this is a casual deck.
>>
File: thieves-auction.jpg (77KB, 480x680px) Image search: [Google]
thieves-auction.jpg
77KB, 480x680px
I want to build a multiplayer deck that just exists for the sole purpose to fuck shit up.
Are there good cards i can use for that?
>>
>>52245933

I just say legacy because that's what it's legal in, I got critiqued by a neet last night who pulled his hair out over it not being legacy and claiming it to be modern legal, but as far as I'm aware it's not qutie modern standard.

>>52245844
Well I wanted blue for the effects of shit like dispel and something something hedron network, but I didn't know how to add girth to stop enemy guy from killing me while I get landscrewed
>>
>>52246031
look at delver and/or BUG decks. Those sound like what you discribed
>>
>>52246116

Thanks, these delver decks are telling me I should get rid of a third of my creatures and cut my instants and enchantments down to probably half of what I have and focus on dispel/negate type stuff
>>
>>52246220
basically stick a fast threat, then do everything you can to keep i there.
>>
Have you guys read these? I thought it was pretty interesting.

http://www.eternalcentral.com/resource-advantage-in-magic-part-1-one-shot-resources/

http://www.eternalcentral.com/resource-advantage-in-magic-part2-tempo/
>>
>>52246220
I'm gonna guess you're fairly new to the game from that list. The Delver decks you're looking at run lands that individually cost more than 10x your entire current deck since Legacy is an old, expensive, competetive format. Tappedout is only telling you you have a Legacy deck because some of the cards aren't Modern legal since they're from Conspiracy (a weird set in terms of card legallity as far as new players are concerned). If you cut those the site would suddenly tell you that you now have a Modern deck... but only because it has a handful of cards (Theros-Khans block stuff etc) that are slightly too old for Standard because of set rotation. If you cut the stuff that hasn't rotated yet and up the number of copies to 4 you'll have the start of a 60 card casual Standard deck which is what you should really be aiming for right now if you're playing at FNM or something. Ask around at your LGS for deckbuilding help and you should get it. If its kitchen table super-casual Magic with friends then basically anything goes and you can ignore everything I've said and go nuts.
tl;dr Legacy is for when you're balls deep into the game, for now you want casual/Standard
>>
>>52247359

I've been playing casual for 3 years now, first draft I went to a year a half ago I sit down, they tell me to open a pack and pull a card out so I just start pulling out cool cards that do a lot for a lot of mana, long story short had a pile of good shit (like Chandra) that didn't work together. Second draft I've been to I tried making a vamp deck that was missing the girth to hold myself up.

Basically I mostly play casual, yeah, but when I have the opportunity I do like to go to friday night magic/ drafts, or have atleast one deck that's legal (which is my mono-white deck) for when someone's playing on the rules. My blue deck I would love to get standard or modern legal and actually go to a small tournament with it, but it's just a hard one to get balanced, everything else isn't hard to understand except artifacts because it's broad and mono green because well, I can't help from making it green and red or green and black
>>
Anyone else here play legacy for fnm? How did you do?

Me, I had 5 rounds, only played three though. Rd1 bye, followed by 3 wins and prize split for first. Infect. Nothing too spicy.
>>
>>52247531
If you change the format on Tappedout to Standard it should tell you the cards you can no longer use, so they can go (unless you wanna keep the deck strictly casual) or use something like whatsinstandard.com. That should help bring you a bit closer to 60 cards which is the magic total you should be aiming for. Remember that you can use up to 4 copies of any one non-basic card. Going two colours is a solid choice for an increased card pool (without needing an overly expensive mana base that comes with 3-5 colour decks), Blue/Red is a pretty common combination for control. http://www.mtgtop8.com/format?f=ST is a useful site to get an idea of the popular (if highly tuned and expensive) decks that are being played now. There should be suggestions for budget decks around the internet/Standard thread/helpful people at the LGS to help you put something together.
>>
oi anyone know why i can't connect to xmage server? getting some error message that says "The following method is not available in the server"
>>
>>52246031
Repulse is the only card in it that's not modern legal. Take that out and TCGplayer will say modern.
>>
>>52227114
If you're playing Riftstone Portal play it in the main, since people bring graveyard hate in against lands too often for it to be a relevant card post-board. I'd drop the chasm for a Tranquil Thicket unless the meta you're in really requires the chasm.
>>
>>52249678
My guess would be either the sever is down or your client version is not up to date with the server version. Try updating.
>>
Bump. Anyone on mtgo today? I keep having opponents lose connection.
>>
Alright just pulled the trigger on finishing my second legacy deck, Spanish Inquistion. I'm gonna assume that no one will be expecting it at my lgs
>>
I hope this is a good place to ask this... Where is a place online I can order some specific basic lands for my deck? I want to get some older-ish looking ones from older sets like ice-age, mirage etc without it costing a shitton. Is there a way to order like that?

Guy at my LGS looked at me like I killed someone when I asked if I could buy some lands, and he would only sell me 15 at most for some reason.
>>
File: SQI.jpg (198KB, 1200x800px) Image search: [Google]
SQI.jpg
198KB, 1200x800px
>>52258447
AMUNGST OUR CHIEF WEAPONS ARE: SURPRISE, YES, SUPPRISE AND AN ALMOST FANATICAL DEVOTION TO NON-BLUE METAS!
>>
>>52258560
Just go draft at your flgs or something. They have thousands of basics at your disposal.
You can sift through them for ones you want. Hell, I once found 3 german wald misprints in the draft basics box.
>>
>>52258975
That's why I have 4 Pact of negation in the board
Thread posts: 297
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.