[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How grimdark of a setting is nature?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 231
Thread images: 45

File: nature.jpg (44KB, 600x338px) Image search: [Google]
nature.jpg
44KB, 600x338px
How grimdark of a setting is nature?
>>
>>52112188
Fairly grim, at times. Look at shit like cordyceps or parasitic wasps.
>>
It isn't grimdark, nobledark, or noblebright; it just is.
>>
>>52112188
Insanely.

And worse than Australia.
>>
>>52112249
That's the most terrifying thing about it. If life is not an aberration in the universe, then its default state is constant struggle. Massive population explosions, catastrophic die-offs, plagues and parasites, sickness, mutation...

It's the only force railing against entropy.
>>
>>52112337
>entropy
That word doesn't mean what you think it does. And the universe and everything in it, including all living things, naturally result in a more uniform distribution of energy. It's the end result of all physics, including what all life accomplishes. We just move energy about more efficiently than non-living systems. Look at the grand scale. All that human beings do, on earth, is move resources from one place that does have them, to another place that does not.
>>
>>52112269
australia is natures cadia.
which makes the koala bear even more terrifying.
>>
>>52112954
Not really, the way the kolala has adapted to Australia's danger is by doing away with unnecessary things like "A brain capable of object permanence" and "A diet that doesn't consist of poisons you aren't immune to"
>>
>>52112954
Look at Asia for extremely lethal creatures.

Koala faeces can actually kill a person due to their unique bacteria.
>>
>>52113014
I just knew the furry little bastard was hiding something!
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pF5xBtaL3YI
>>
File: metal gear.jpg (220KB, 1429x1008px) Image search: [Google]
metal gear.jpg
220KB, 1429x1008px
>>52112249
>>
>>52113227
Wener Herzog could make a 60 compilation of suicide notes and I would find it compelling
>>
>>52113068
Well, technically koalas are borderline too retarded to live or continue as a species, so it evens out. They're too dumb to ponder evil.
>>
>>52112249
Bullshit. If we apply common human values to nature it's a fucking nightmare.
>>
>>52113934
We don't do that because it brings up uncomfortable theodicy conclusions, discussions, and then holy wars.
>>
>>52112188
the laxative i had to drink yesterday flushed out everything so i am sure it would help against these worms

it tasted horrible
>>
Look up "Harlequin Baby"

Make sure not to eat 1 hour before viewing
>>
>>52114119
You could just avoid toiling in a rice field all day.

In the event that that is unavoidable welcome to 4chan! I didn't know they had internet out in rural china.
>>
>>52114124
Harlequin Ichthyosis, right?
I met an asshole with that.
Looking like Magnus doesn't give you the right to be a douche with no consequences.
>>
>>52114193
If anybody has a right to be pissed off, it's those people.
>>
>>52114193
Google Pressure ulcer
>>
>>52114237
M8, you are talking with a guy who has had more vitreous humor on his hands that he'd like.

Also, remember to flip your vegetables regularly. Back surgery patients have it harder.
>>
>>52114124
let's just get this out of the way
>cystic teratoma
>bot flies
>mango worms
>krokodil
>cranial tapeworm
>>
>>52114383
Botflies? Yeah, a good reason for all Bolivian settlements to be higher than what they can survive. You can safely kill the larva with some oil and pop it like a pimple the next day. Not the worst.
Cystic teratoma.
Meh, beyond the shock value its just a literal hair/microteeth/somethin-of-your-body ball on somnewhere-it-shouldn't-be. Most are easier to extract than almost all tumors.
Krokodil? Man, if you though making an unfiltered drug made out of literal thinner and hardware store liquids galore was a good idea you are either russian or brazilian.
Those are what I've seen.
Now I'll look up the others.
Thanks for the material anyway.
Also, look for
>Phossy Jaw.
>Cranial Bone Cancer.
>Candiru.
>>
>>52112188
extreme
>>
>>52112396
I think he means that life is the only thing that starts from a less complex system and moves towards a more complex one.

Which isn't quite true either, because geological systems get pretty complex.

Then again, that's only on "living" planets...
>>
>>52114640
Flesh eating bacteria.
>>
>>52114860
>Flesh eating bacteria.
Well, I only know the dirty water variant.
Ever seen a guy with literal crotch rot?
I have vet training. VET. Not even a title. Why does this shit keep happening near me?
>>
>>52114640
>Phossy Jaw
At least you glow. That's pretty cool. You could win a prize at a costume competition before you succumb.
>>
>>52112249
Y'know what also is?

DARKSEID
>>
File: 1449620016834.jpg (2MB, 756x9800px) Image search: [Google]
1449620016834.jpg
2MB, 756x9800px
>>52112188
I've seen a person weep worms. Turns out there is one which feeds on the fluids of sheep's eyes, and their herder may get it.

People can be allergic to water and the sun.

There are jellyfish with black eyes.

Parasitic sea snails leave only the shell outside their giant isopod hosts.

Hyena birth.

Gas gangrene.

There is a parasitic crustacean which develops itself inside a fish anus'.

Vegetables are as violent as animals, they just follow a different timeframe.

There are parasites which parasite other parasites.

Honey badgers exist.

There is a tiny animal with a single leg, a transparent belly, grinding jaws inside said belly, furry lip, zero to five eyes. One particular species, well:
>Unlike any other known animal, ordinary bdelloids routinely "import" pieces of DNA from their food and surroundings, capping their chromosomes with gene fragments from other animals, plants, fungi or even bacteria. These cross-kingdom genetic "patches" may continue to perform the same functions for the rotifer that they did for their original owners - sometimes involved in metabolic or immune defense processes, for instance - and will be passed on to all of the rotifer's cloned daughters. In a purely non technical sense, these creatures have evolved to "mate" with absolutely anything that has DNA; even a mold spore sucked into its grinding innards.

Male ceratioids, because being an abyssal fish isn't enough for some.

Blood sucking maggots.

Snakes covered in mites.

That snake island near the brazilian coast.

I agree that bot flies are terrifying, but google "screw-worm flies cattle".

Wingless bat flies.

Ant-Decapitating flies.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fGGz6d3vC4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eAZIHy_US7k

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eg4s_erk-GE

Pic related because I think of people as part of nature. I'm old fashioned like that.

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/46417158/

http://suptg.thisisnotatrueending.com/archive/45778623/
>>
>>52115207
>pic

Was /lit/ a mistake?
>>
File: 1412590182192.png (529KB, 1162x665px) Image search: [Google]
1412590182192.png
529KB, 1162x665px
>>52115248
As much as all 4chan is a way to global weirdoes meet and reinforce each other instead of being alone and powerless as they should be.

And I reply knowing I'm one of them.
>>
>>52114124
нeт!
>>
>>52112210
That stuff is less "grim" than horror.
>>
>>52112954
>australia is natures cadia.

Australia is actually a bit of a push over.
Rabbits rekt it hard.
>>
Parasitic wasps are what turned Darwin Fedora
>>
>>52116074
>"What kind of God would allow this creature to exist?"

I can see it.
>>
File: 2.jpg (47KB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
47KB, 320x240px
>>52115207
That cockroach and fire ant video was on my recommended Youtube videos for like a month.
>>
>>52112188
It's grim certainly, but hardly dark. 200% savagery, 0% intentional malice. Though some of the higher mammals like dolphins and chimps might bump that up a couple percent since chimps do occasionally go to "war" and dolphins absolutely rape things.

But there's not that many of either in the global scheme of things, it's but a drop in the bucket.
>>
>>52112188
Nature is a protean thing that defies clean generic convention. Its defining feature is that it lacks the tonal generic constraints that we try to impose on the world in our stories, to present something that makes sense to us.
>>
>>52115207
That's amazing. Those probably aren't piss bottles, though - first off, how dehydrated do you have to be for your piss to be that dark, and secondly, those plastic bottle caps look intact, whereas the lower ring would be hanging off if they had been previously opened. It's probably just coke.
>>
>>52112188
Red in tooth and claw.
>>
>>52113662
That's just what they want you to think anon. Evil bloody masterminds, the lot of 'em. They've got a plan.
>>
>>52115207
Honey badgers are on a badass side of things instead of grimdark. Just stay off their damn lawn. Preferably at least a couple of miles off.
>>
>>52112188
It's only grimdark when viewed through the eyes of someone who believes life should be kitten farts and rainbows 24/7, or that difficulty or struggle is an utterly unreasonable, unjust expression of an uncaring world.

AKA, total fags
>>
>>52115207
>Vegetables are as violent as animals, they just follow a different timeframe.
Any sauce on that?
>There is a tiny animal with a single leg, a transparent belly, grinding jaws inside said belly, furry lip, zero to five eyes. One particular species, well:
>Unlike any other known animal, ordinary bdelloids routinely "import" pieces of DNA from their food and surroundings, capping their chromosomes with gene fragments from other animals, plants, fungi or even bacteria. These cross-kingdom genetic "patches" may continue to perform the same functions for the rotifer that they did for their original owners - sometimes involved in metabolic or immune defense processes, for instance - and will be passed on to all of the rotifer's cloned daughters. In a purely non technical sense, these creatures have evolved to "mate" with absolutely anything that has DNA; even a mold spore sucked into its grinding innards.
It's like toned-down Chimera Ants from HunterXHunter
>>
>>52112188
The real world is the state of perfect balance which grimdark and light-hearted settings are compared to.
>>
>>52112188
depends on how you look at it, from one point of view, very, it's a dog eat dog world and no one pulls punches, from a nother, a fuck ton of species colaberate, there are whole ecosystems created just on this.
>>52123800
How do you think plant domination works? Plants fight for light, water etc. just like animals do, most pin tress will lower the Ph of the ground so nothing can grow on it, many leafy-trees will block sunlight so nothing can grow around them. Plants are no less assholes than animals, it's just not as obvious
>>
>>52123800
I know there's a type of plant that parasitises other plants by literally draining its fluids like a vampire, I don't remember the name but it grows these tendrils that wrap around and puncture nearby plants and drain

I think it might be strangleweed, not sure
>>
File: 1369329092614.png (235KB, 344x291px) Image search: [Google]
1369329092614.png
235KB, 344x291px
>>52112989
Koala bears have life figured out.
>Live and sleep and bang on your food all your life.
>Don't give a shit your whole life. Just exist without struggle.
>Then die and fall off.

I envy them to be quite honest.
>>
>>52124644
They also have syphilis! And are too stupid to eat leaves off a flat surface.
>>
>>52124644

They're like skin mites on a grand scale.
>>
>>52124674
Blessed are the idiots for they're too retarded to realize how fucked they are.
>>
>>52115207
>that monkey with botflies vid

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA

AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
File: killmeeeeee.jpg (40KB, 500x301px) Image search: [Google]
killmeeeeee.jpg
40KB, 500x301px
You will live to see mankind crank these horrors up to 11
>>
Behold the creations of God... and see God's Beauty.

God's Everlasting Love... like a barbed whip to the face, everyday again.
>>
>>52115207
>google "screw-worm flies cattle".
I did and fuck you
>>
>>52126351
God's an asshole.
>>
File: 1457097709848.gif (3MB, 360x441px) Image search: [Google]
1457097709848.gif
3MB, 360x441px
>>52117851
Comrade!

>>52121028
The damage been done either way.

>>52121294
Is "badass" and "grimdark" mutually exclusive?

>>52123800

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Strangler_fig

http://www.iflscience.com/plants-and-animals/plants-release-chemical-weapons-and-deploy-insect-armies-their-defence/

http://www.sciencemag.org/news/sifter/watch-plants-fight-caterpillars-chemical-warfare

http://rspb.royalsocietypublishing.org/content/274/1628/3039

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Allelopathy

>>52126216
Worse than mangoworms, right?

>>52126675
This reaction is the reason I didn't link anything directly.
>>
>>52124674
>Syphilis
Wait what?
>>
it is a romanticist lie that the natural world tends toward equilibrium and that human beings have upset what was hitherto an orderly and good cosmos. the natural world is a horror to be smashed into a form more compliant with human values. we think of human beings as cruel but we do ourselves a disservice. no individual human has ever been as cruel as nature. no human being is so capricious that they would have designed a universe as horrifying as this one. even genocidal tyrants and mass murderers only developed their malign impulses after a life spent in this hell, after having been warped by their confinement in this prison. fuck nature.
>>
File: this IS my final form.webm (3MB, 900x540px) Image search: [Google]
this IS my final form.webm
3MB, 900x540px
Its amazing that we need horror as a genre. Real life holds so many more horrors than any silver screen, book of man or video game will ever create.
>>
>>52129175
It always makes me laugh when people bitch and complain about humans destroying nature. Nature has killed itself a hundred times over and done worse to itself than anything humans have. Fuck, humans have actually saved shit that nature was going to just let die off. And WERE the bad guys?
>>
File: the beauty of the water.gif (2MB, 500x502px) Image search: [Google]
the beauty of the water.gif
2MB, 500x502px
>>
>>52129187
what is so disturbing about this video is how meaningless its struggle is. look at the effort it takes for it to rise to the surface and look at the disgusting results. what impulse is driving it forward? we know it is not driven by a sense of purpose or meaning. it's obeying an impulse. it has no belief system that justifies its existence, it just insists on existing. this disgusting thing. this thing that ought not to exist.
>>
File: Smug Seal.jpg (34KB, 550x366px) Image search: [Google]
Smug Seal.jpg
34KB, 550x366px
There's some pretty cute shit in nature too tho
>>
>>52129452
What's a seal's least favourite activity?

Clubbing
>>
File: Leopard seal darkness eyes.jpg (68KB, 900x605px) Image search: [Google]
Leopard seal darkness eyes.jpg
68KB, 900x605px
>>52129472

Very funny.
>>
File: high dodge stat.webm (3MB, 800x450px) Image search: [Google]
high dodge stat.webm
3MB, 800x450px
>>52129433
Out of all forces in nature, the infinite, impertinent force of life is truly the most terrifying and mightiness of them all, living things will strive for life, no matter what, and only death will stop it.
>>
File: spoop.webm (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
spoop.webm
1MB, 1280x720px
>>52129452
>>
>>52129503
i unironically agree with this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=knSGD0JqGuk
>>
File: 4whEiDN.jpg (914KB, 2419x3226px) Image search: [Google]
4whEiDN.jpg
914KB, 2419x3226px
I can't remember the context of this image but it still makes my skin crawl
>>
>>52129433
this is a beautiful quote for a villain to justify genocide
>>
File: IMG_0776.jpg (86KB, 640x554px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0776.jpg
86KB, 640x554px
The total amount of suffering per year in the natural world is beyond all decent contemplation. During the minute that it takes me to compose this sentence, thousands of animals are being eaten alive, many others are running for their lives, whimpering with fear, others are slowly being devoured from within by rasping parasites, thousands of all kinds are dying of starvation, thirst, and disease. It must be so. If there ever is a time of plenty, this very fact will automatically lead to an increase in the population until the natural state of starvation and misery is restored. In a universe of electrons and selfish genes, blind physical forces and genetic replication, some people are going to get hurt, other people are going to get lucky, and you won't find any rhyme or reason in it, nor any justice. The universe that we observe has precisely the properties we should expect if there is, at bottom, no design, no purpose, no evil, no good, nothing but pitiless indifference.
>>
>>52112188
Extremely. It's why I only play Druids as massive edgelords or happy idiots.
>>
File: Arthur Schopenhauer.jpg (183KB, 1721x2162px) Image search: [Google]
Arthur Schopenhauer.jpg
183KB, 1721x2162px
>>52129665
>The pleasure in this world, it has been said, outweighs the pain; or, at any rate, there is an even balance between the two. If the reader wishes to see shortly whether this statement is true, let him compare the respective feelings of two animals, one of which is engaged in eating the other.
>>
>>52115207
>There is a tiny animal with a single leg, a transparent belly, grinding jaws inside said belly, furry lip, zero to five eyes. One particular species, well:

Literal Genestealer
>>
Fun fact: There are bugs that are so small, that they don't have wings, they have paddles, because at that scale, the air is thick enough that they can swim in it.
>>
>>52129503
“As a survival-happy species, our successes are calculated in the number of years we have extended our lives, with the reduction of suffering being only incidental to this aim. To stay alive under almost any circumstances is a sickness with us. Nothing could be more unhealthy than to “watch one’s health” as a means of stalling death. The lengths we will go as procrastinators of that last gasp only demonstrate a morbid dread of that event. By contrast, our fear of suffering is deficient.”
>>
>>52129665
“For optimists, human life never needs justification, no matter how much hurt piles up, because they can always tell themselves that things will get better. For pessimists, there is no amount of happiness—should such a thing as happiness even obtain for human beings except as a misconception—that can compensate us for life’s hurt. As a worst-case example, a pessimist might refer to the hurt caused by some natural or human-made cataclysm. To adduce a hedonic counterpart to the horrors that attach to such cataclysms would require a degree of ingenuity from an optimist, but it could be done. And the reason it could be done, the reason for the eternal stalemate between optimists and pessimists, is that no possible formula can be established to measure proportions and types of hurt and happiness in the world. If such a formula could be established, then either pessimists or optimists would have to give in to their adversaries.”
>>
>>52128366
>>52115207
I google'd screw-worm flies cattle and I dont see what's so bad about it?
>>
>>52115201
TIGER
IGER
GER
ER
R
FORCE
ORCE
RCE
CE
E
>>
>>52129433

Your innate human genetics predispose you to finding that insect disgusting due to the potentially harmful parasites or venoms it could inject into you.

But yet you convict it of being disgusting overtly, as if there is some objective merit to its grossness.

You are a hypocrite.
>>
Were all just lumps of grey matter and spaghetti noodles piloting giant meat mechs in a world of horrors and nightmares.
>>
File: No.jpg (45KB, 400x484px) Image search: [Google]
No.jpg
45KB, 400x484px
>>52129989

>arbitrary mind/body duality bullshit
>>
>>52129927
human beings are equally disgusting. everything i said about that insect applies to humans too.
>>
File: Terror mission in Zimbabwe.jpg (590KB, 1280x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Terror mission in Zimbabwe.jpg
590KB, 1280x1024px
>>52130150

Alright.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uaGEjrADGPA
>>
>>52130032
Everything you are and ever will be is just sparks of bio-electricity.
>>
>>52129989
No offense. But this isn't the worst of all possible worlds.

40K and WoD are all this bullshit PLUS a heaping helping of extra bullshit
>>
>>52130232

True, but misleading. Your entire body is you, we are not necessarily just the 'spaghetti' inside the brain.

Your gonads produce homorones that influence your behavior. Your thyroid makes you feel better or worse. Your heart pumps blood to your brain. Your body is as much coded into your DNA as your brain is.
>>
>>52130269
All very true, but when you break us down to the very core concept, everything we are is just a spark. That tiny electrical spark that tells your gonads to produce hormones, that tells your thyroid to make you feel better or worse, to pump your heart, all of it begins at that spark.

I feel putting our insignificance into a much sharper scope helps us grow. We aren't just a bunch of animals on a rock careening through space at an impossibly small scale, we are a spark of electricity in an ever expanding infinity.
>>
File: 1440806491065.jpg (1MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1440806491065.jpg
1MB, 1920x1080px
>>52114812
Anon everything was simpler as a glowing mass of hydrogen. Everything gets more complicated as time goes on.

Throw some ink at the wall and examine the furthest edges sometime.
>>
>>52130320
do not abandon the influence your component parts have upon that spark though. Our libido, love, anger, all our emotions are influenced by the chemistry and biological machinery we pilot. Changing the suit we ride in will inevitably altar the way we think and feel. This is not to say this is a bad thing, but be aware of what we lose by discarding our body, and what we potentially gain by replacing it partially or totally.
>>
>>52129097
Yeah, koala bears are very promiscous and unclean, so STDs spread rather easily. So a lot of koalas have syphilis.
Another species with a high rate of syphilis is the ladybug, because they can gather in the hundreds when it's time to mate, making massive epidemics from one individual.
>>
>>52130188
He's not wrong, yknow.
>>
>>52130507
>Throw some ink at the wall
Why would I do that? Seems like it would be a pain to clean up. I like to keep a semblance of neatness in my living quarters.
>>
>>52130507
Yes, but even the expansion of the universe is the spread of matter away from a singularity and slowly cooling down. Isn't that the most basic form of entropy there is?

Entropy/Extropy is a false dichotomy. The universe is a giant machine slowly ticking itself away. Life and evolution is both a reaction to and expression of entropy.
>>
>>52130515
>be aware of what we lose by discarding our body, and what we potentially gain by replacing it partially or totally.
But if we are our bodies, and as we age we gradually replace bits of said body with newer/better replacement parts, at what point during this process do we die, and what has replaced us? And now I'm almost certain I've read a novel with this premise but I can't for the life of me recall the name.
>>
>>52134413
None of us have been able to meaningfully answer that question for centuries (millenniums in a few decades), so that line of thought is doomed. Simply take comfort in the brutal fact that you/we aren't very important and whatever replaces you/us will also mean just as much.
>>
File: 1488492686868.png (235KB, 329x623px) Image search: [Google]
1488492686868.png
235KB, 329x623px
>>52129665
Except that's complete bullshit because predation has built-in mechanisms to minimize suffering

>Predators target old, wounded or sick animals so their pain isn't prolonged
>Predators have an incentive to kill prey quickly to lessen the risk of injury
>The vast majority of life has no internal nerve endings or possibility of consciousness so no suffering is possible ("muh parasitic wasps")
>All of this is based on the idea that death by another life form is somehow worse than death by falling, some internal failure, or simply by living so long that the body can no longer maintain cell replication
>>
>>52134548
>reading comprehension
>>
>>52134548
>built-in mechanisms
The universe was not designed nobody built it, and animals can and have shown to be just as cruel as the rest of the universe.
>>
>>52134738
>vague greentext

>>52134756
The universe behaves according to observable physical laws, including biology.
>>
>>52134802
Yes but there is no evidence that any of those were built or designed.
>>
>>52112954
Catachan you mean
>>
>>52134756
>nobody built it
You can't prove that.
Neither can I prove someone did.
Let this stuff be in superposition for now
>>
>>52134902
I may not be able to prove that someone didn't build the rules of the universe, but the burden of proof in that debate is not on me. If we're discussing this as if someone did build these rules, a conscious someone, then that makes the cruelty in the universe a thousand time worse and an intentional choice, pure fucking sadism.
>>
File: 1465256047442.png (710KB, 1057x1129px) Image search: [Google]
1465256047442.png
710KB, 1057x1129px
>>52134825
Would you rather me say "intrinsic mechanism"? Is religion triggering to you? Are you euphoric because you are enlightened by your intelligence?

>>52134926
But the universe isn't cruel. The universe is generally a pretty nice place to live, and saying the "universe is grimdark" or that most animals live lives of suffering is both unsupported by all available evidence and logically incoherent.
>>
>>52134957
Since both of those are me,

Call it what you like, just don't imply it was created by some kind of deity. No I just prefer that religion is left out of discussion on the mechanics of the universe, and your memeing is weak, atheism is the default state. I'm not euphoric just because I don't believe in bullshit from a book written over the course of 6 or 7 thousand years. The universe isn't cruel, unless you consider that we could all be wiped out in a moment by a gamma ray burst from a supernova, at any time with no warning, or a meteor, with a little warning. That every part of the life cycle on this planet is simply life consuming other life, without regard for pain that is caused, but it is caused without malice by the life itself, until you get to us, at least.

The universe is cruel, that is not debatable, the reasons it's cruel are, I'd say it's cruel because there is no will behind it and that it cannot care for life within it. It is not logically incoherent to claim or believe that, and it's also a pretty nice place to live at the same fucking time, and I never said it wasn't, because well frankly, I live here and if it didn't exist and it wasn't at least possible for life to exist, I wouldn't be here.

I also never claimed most animals live lives of suffering, just that there is suffering in the universe, and it's a fairly large part of life in general.
>>
>>52115248
I think that goes without saying
>>
>>52134957
> The universe is generally a pretty nice place to live
Most of the universe is hard vacuum, which is not a nice place to live.
>>
>>52115207
Fucking a that fucking monkey video. I though mango worms prepared me but fuck. How did it get this bad for a monkey? They have thumbs and buddies like we do couldn't he have helped himself?
>>
>>52121294
Mustellids as a whole are bloodknights.

Badgers, ferrets, wolverines, etc.
>>
>>52134413
it's called Theseu's paradox or the Ship of Theseus
>>
>>52129187
>>52129433
>>52129503
>>52129665

Werzner Herzog, pls stay
>>
>>52112188
Pretty fucking grimdark according to Jack London.
>>
>>52112188
Pretty grim, but less grim than capitalism.
>>
>>52134548
this.
Besides "lets make neo-aurochs and mammoths, cuz that's cool", one of the reasons rewilding is so popular nowadays is because all that nasty, predatory stuff keeps cute, nice stuff like deer and rabbits and co from overpopulating the area, munching everything that's even a bit edible, killing plant development and provoking erosion, and semi-starving to death while also being plagued by diseases.
And predators have massive areas they own in which they eat an aging big herbivore once a week and stuff.
>>
File: 1397836949495.jpg (262KB, 752x1063px) Image search: [Google]
1397836949495.jpg
262KB, 752x1063px
>>52136310
NO COMMIE FUCKS ON MY BOARD
>>
>>52136368
I'm almost sure that was a reference to a Soviet paper that claimed animals and plants were communist, thus communism is the natural order of things.
>>
>>52136053
Fuck, now I read all those posts in his voice.

Also, let me open this can of existential angst.

>there are trillions upon trillions of horrible facts about (alien) life out there to know that we'll never know because hahahaha lightyears away by the time we'd be able to reach those planets either they're extinct, or we're extinct
>there are countless of fucked up diseases we'll never learn about
>there are countless of terrifying predators we'll never learn about
>there are countless of parasites with disgusting life cycles that we'll never learn about
>>
>>52136338
>And predators have massive areas they own in which they eat an aging big herbivore once a week and stuff.
Ok, just checked.
A lion, which is the epitome of carnivorous predatory murder, eats 15 large animals a year.
>>
>>52130507
While it may seem contradictory to us humans, the universe was actually at lowest possible entropy right after the Big Bang. Everything being composed of a dense superheated mass of high energy particles constantly colliding with each other is a considerably higher energy state than the modern universe which in 99% empty vacuum with temperature barely above absolute zero, with the occasional little glowing ball of hydrogen.
In universal scale, entropy increases. It just doesn't seem like that to us because entropy can decrease locally. In the end, however, stars will run out of fuel, all matter freezes, and entropy will sweep away every single particle.
>>
>>52136433
>our consciousness is just self-aware entropy given form in DNA based flesh

Woah dude!
>>
>>52112954
>Conquered by rabbits and pussies
>natures cadia

Sure m8
>>
>>52132514
>>52130150
>>52129433

Where you see a disgusting, meaningless struggle, bound to end in a few brief moments, I see something beautiful, a brief spark of ordered complexity in an otherwise chaotic universe. It will die, of course, as all energy will eventually slip into entropy, but for one terrible moment in one tiny part of existence there is a pattern.

I look into the tessellation of the mosquito's eye and see the face of God.
>>
>>52136819
There's this passage in the Bible that implies a rather terrifying cosmic horror concept that almost seems to have been taken from Lovecraft's own stories. About sparrows. Strongly implying that to God, there's no difference between sparrows and humans. God's love is equal to all. Our suffering is equal to that of a sparrow to God.

Of course, they don't explain that Bible verse that way in Sunday school.
>>
>>52136640
>has some of the most deadly animals in the world
>gets beaten up by a fluffy mammal that just fucks constantly
I think the lesson here is fucking is pretty powerful.
>>
>>52137051
>that almost seems to have been taken from Lovecraft's own stories

good job implying that the fucking Bible is somehow less terrifying that that little bitch H.P.'s whimsical yarns
>>
>>52137051
That kind of sounds like it makes God even more of a dick than usual.
>>
>>52137058
that cadia (or rather catachan) is defenseless against orks and tyranids?
>>
>>52117851
>Not deleting your history and favorites
>>
>>52137051
Are you sure?
I googled sparrows in the bible, and didn't find anything outside of poetic comparisons.

Did find some stuff in Matthew, though, that invalidates it.
Fear ye not therefore, ye are of more value than many sparrows.

Anyway, is there some OT verse i missed or didnt comprehend.
>>
>>52137387
Forgot the question mark on "some OT verse i didnt comprehend?"
>>
>>52137387
Are you sure? Well, I haven't read any bible shite in 10 years so I was bound to make a fuckup. Might have been a verse with some other bird or animal, I dunno. Frankly I don't care enough for it to figure it out.
>>
File: poor babby.webm (2MB, 482x328px) Image search: [Google]
poor babby.webm
2MB, 482x328px
>>52137561
Also this one.
>>
File: KING CRIMSON.webm (3MB, 720x404px) Image search: [Google]
KING CRIMSON.webm
3MB, 720x404px
>>52137617
>>
>>52137632
>>
File: crocodile smug.webm (754KB, 360x360px) Image search: [Google]
crocodile smug.webm
754KB, 360x360px
>>52137646
>>
>>52137387
>>52137438

Matthew 10 mentions sparrows. The context is that God cares about every creature, even the least among them, the sparrows (And not one of them falls to the ground apart from your Father's will.) so of course He cares about us, his most beloved children (But the very hairs of your head are all numbered.)
>>
>>52112396
That would imply that entropy is guided, if we are nothing but vessels to move energy then the movement must be guided if its needs particular vessels to move it from one place to the next.
>>
>>52136819
Must be nice not despairing of life.
>>
>>52137058
Good lesson.
>>
>>52137617
Makes me feel a bit sad since it ran over to see if its parent was alright and then gets smacked down and eaten.
>>
>>52138398
No it doesn't. Only you make the logical leap off a cliff of 'need' here. Entropy would happen with or without us.
>>
File: Sisyphus_by_von_Stuck.jpg (545KB, 1552x1793px) Image search: [Google]
Sisyphus_by_von_Stuck.jpg
545KB, 1552x1793px
>>52138608
Read up on absurdism.

Remember the myth of Sisyphus? The guy who had to push a boulder up a mountain everyday, and when he got to the top, the boulder would roll back down the mountain?

Imagine Sisyphus doing that shit, and loving it. Loving to push that boulder up. Loving to see that boulder roll down.

Embrace the absurdity of life. Like a child. Now you've done it. You've realised that life is a joke, and you just can't stop laughing. It's great.
>>
>>52138738
that just sounds like Nihilism but sarcastic
>>
File: IMG_0717.jpg (46KB, 888x456px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0717.jpg
46KB, 888x456px
>>52138738
>>
>>52135251
>>52115248
No, see, /lit/ is not an actual board. It's a barrier. Each of the "terrible" boards act as an obstacle to filter the worst personalities out of the site so that the status quo is maintained. It's not perfect, but it's effective.

/b/ is to keep all the thin-skinned normies out who are too easily offended.

/pol/ and its memes keep the political temperature lukewarm on the other boards, and filter out the political activists from both sides.(The SJWs won't touch the site, and no Right-wing activist wants to be associated with the Nazi frog cult that believes they out Trump in the presidency using RNG magic.)

/lit/ keeps out the pseudo-intellectuals.

/r9k/ keeps out the people who think they're pseudo-intellectuals.

/tv/ keeps out the pseudo-intellectuals who don't read.

Which basically leaves the rest of the boards with mostly decent communities that, while still having trolls, are far better than the alternative. /pol/ was deleted once. The other boards were flooded with /pol/lacks and the board came back in a hurry.

Other major boards also serve their purpose:

/a/ is more of a foundation to the site than it is a barrier, but it does serve to keep the /a/rrogant weebs out. Anime pervades every board, and each one has developed their own tastes and discussions for the anime they find relevant and enjoyable.

And us, /tg/, have the pleasure of being the most versatile nerd board. The "You don't even need other boards, Everything is /tg/-related" meme came about because we're the ones who pick up the slack on actually discussing television, books, games movies, and other topics that have shitty boards. It's a well-known secret that Stat Me threads are just an excuse to discuss non-/tg/ topics. Someone comes in, throws out a class or some stats, then we spend the rest of the thread discussing whatever.
>>
>>52112188
The oceans are clearly someone's magical realm.
>>
>>52138817
Nihilism is the complete opposite.

Nihilism is a retarded Christian, Jew or Muslim realising God is something made up by some bronze age desert fuck and losing any and all moral and ethical values because his only guidance in life is some fictional God.

Absurdism is about realising that a pointless life is a life that can be filled with your own values, family, good food, art, music, games, sports, etc.
>>
File: nihilism.jpg (277KB, 2048x1382px) Image search: [Google]
nihilism.jpg
277KB, 2048x1382px
>>52138914
>>
>>52138978
>its another retarded americans don't understand the difference between nihilism and existentialism/absurdism

Stop learning about philosophy from Hollywood.
>>
>>52138998
>implying there's a difference
>implying i'm american
>implying implications
>>
>>52138998
There really isn't that much of a difference Anon,
>>
>>52139071
>>52139040

Existentialism presents a solution to nihilism and works in both a theistic and atheistic set of base assumptions. Nihilism is a transitional point and a hurdle to be overcome according to everyone from Nietzche to Kierkegaard.
>>
>>52139106
Finally someone who gets it, and isn't retarded.
>>
>>52112188
>>52112210
>>52114124
>>52114383
>>52114640
>>52115207
>>52128366
To contrast from the super edgy body horror shit, anyone here read up on toxoplasma gondii? As in, the incredibly hard-to-detect, harder-to-treat parasite that may be able to influence mammalian (including human) brain function? That's spread by fucking cats, has infected up to 60% of the population in parts of Europe, with no vaccine?

Seriously, if ever there was a better candidate for a zombie contagion than cordyceps, it would be this shit.
>>
>>52139213
>That's spread by fucking cats
shitting cats, anon. It's transmitted through their excrement, not by sex.
>>
>>52139106
Only, if you take nihilism to mean that life has no meaning at all, I never did, just took it to mean that life has no inherent meaning, only edgy cunts take it to mean life has no meaning at all, sure there's some depression to overcome if you believed at one point that life had some inherent meaning, I never did.
>>
>>52139265
You do realise that you're talking about existentialism?

Nihilism says life has no meaning. Existentialism (and absurdism too) say that life has no meaning except your own. There's some more talk about what constitutes as your own meaning, but that's the gist of it.
>>
>>52137058
You could say it's pretty fucking powerful...
>>
File: a n g e r y.gif (839KB, 450x402px) Image search: [Google]
a n g e r y.gif
839KB, 450x402px
>>52139257
>>
>>52139265

I think this is the danger of autodidacts in the modern world.

Learning philosophy in a formal setting sets a bar for understanding by someone who deals in philosophy. Learning from just translated texts forces you to wade through some very complex material in order to grasp what is being presented, and while it does lend itself to alternative understandings or misunderstandings grasping the core ideas is very possible.

In the internet age you can get a tl;dr that offers summaries based on summaries which lead to this sort of misunderstanding.

You are taking Nihilism as though it had an obvious and built in solution to meaninglessness in the form of Existentialism as a base assumption of its inherent state. Nihilist thinkers do not assume this.
>>
>>52139315
Yes, I do. Existentialism was built on nihilism, so I see no appreciable difference when, in my case anyway, it's basic logic that led me to existentialism, even if I didn't know what it was when I figured it out.
>>
>>52139368
Existentialism was built AGAINST nihilism. Holy fucking shit, you fucking retarded cunt. Buy a basic introduction to philosophy book, and quit glancing over a wikipedia page!
>>
>>52139366
I know it's not exactly obvious or built into nihilism but I couldn't understand at first why people thought life had absolutely no meaning, I always thought you made your own, and while nihilism doesn't supply you with that reasoning in and of itself, it's not a huge leap to come there on your own.
>>52139390
Do I have to be absolutely 100% precise with my language now? That's exactly what I meant, you fucking asshole! If you had basic reading comprehension skills, you would have fucking realized that, before you insulted somebody over nothing.
>>
>>52134957
>The universe is generally a pretty nice place to live
The only think worse than edgy atheists are the contrarians who actually believe the atheists are wrong.
The edgy athiests flaw is that they are too loud. Retards like you see this flaw and think it makes them wrong about everything..
Like some kind of reverse halo effect.
>>
>>52139213
Toxoplasmosis is also completely harmless to humans, unless you are pregnant. In addition, it's actually not that common and the reservoir is rats and other small animals, with cats being a vector due to their habit of eating said small animals.
>>
>>52130320
>That tiny electrical spark that tells your gonads to produce hormones, that tells your thyroid to make you feel better or worse, to pump your heart, all of it begins at that spark.
Nope, your genetic code set that in motion well before the nervous system existed. You're a self improving machine built to make more of itself. Wondering about it is an interesting side effect.
>>
>>52139257
The way this is spaced it reads like "spread by shitting cats" which is a weird picture to put in my head.
>>
>>52139461

>I know it's not exactly obvious or built into nihilism but I couldn't understand at first why people thought life had absolutely no meaning

That's because you never delved into the inductive case or formal logic behind Nihilism. The original cases for Nihilism were built on deductions that filled entire manuscripts with carefully built arguments and refutations of apparent counterarguments. That sort of logic doesn't assume that undeveloped feels about something that "isn't a huge leap to come there on your own" is somehow valid. An entirely separate case had to be built for Existentialism that could function in a universe in which meaning was or was not endowed by a higher intent as an inherent property.

That's why, while I applaud the internet for making information available to the masses, I simultaneously abhor it for dropping discourse to the common denominator of people who read a glossary of terms and a quickie definition of complex ideas. It basically means that a serious discussion about such ideas cannot take place outside of an Ivory Tower environment, and people entering that Ivory Tower for the first time carry in with them preconceptions that they refuse to drop.
>>
>>52139667
>spread by shitting cats
well, it's true
Their shit is contaminated
>>
File: well_done_1.gif (1MB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
well_done_1.gif
1MB, 256x192px
>>52139692
Couldn't have said it better mate. Thanks. We need more posters like you.
>>
>>52139730
no as in you shit the cat out.
>>
File: 1374796030634.png (117KB, 444x440px) Image search: [Google]
1374796030634.png
117KB, 444x440px
>>52139770
>>
>>52139692
Well dude, I didn't get most of my philosophy from the internet, some was observation, and some was from watching a lot of television and movies of a whole bunch of genres, and some from quite a bit of reading.
I'm sorry that I'm poor and couldn't afford a formal education in philosophy, but I guarantee you I could find all of the relevant materials translated somewhere on the internet for free, I don't, because I'm just not interested in digging so deeply into a field that doesn't really have much use in today's world.
>>
File: horrified_face_jon_tron.gif (2MB, 479x258px) Image search: [Google]
horrified_face_jon_tron.gif
2MB, 479x258px
>>52139846
>because I'm just not interested in digging so deeply into a field that doesn't really have much use in today's world.
>philosophy
>not much use in today's world

You're not just poor in a monetary sense, you're also poor in an intellectual sense. How horrifying.
>>
>>52139951
>philosophy
>useful
>wanting to be a homelessfag, "woke" memeboy, shitposter or career politician for a living
>>
>>52139951
By that I meant Philosophy in the vein of Nihilism, and Existentialism and Absurdism, they only serve to teach logic, which can be taught other ways, I know that technically speaking everything under the sun and in the universe, could be put under the branches of Philosophy, I just choose to define the usefulness of Philosophy on what a degree in Philosophy is useful for, which is basically nothing but teaching which I thought was clear. Thank you for intentionally misunderstanding.
>>
>>52140081
Philosophy is the study of thinking.

If you think that knowing how to think properly and logically, and how to come to original ways of thinking are useless... that says a lot about you.

Mainly about how you don't have a lot to say.
>>
File: limmy_amused_disgust.gif (1MB, 197x200px) Image search: [Google]
limmy_amused_disgust.gif
1MB, 197x200px
>>52140094
>By that I meant Philosophy in the vein of Nihilism, and Existentialism and Absurdism, they only serve to teach logic
>>
>>52140114
>r e a l l y
>m a k e s
>you
>t h i n k

Okay, but how the fuck are original ways of thinking going to put food on your table without applying them to other fields? Fields that, y'know, you could've been studying for real in the time you were wasting learning how to have a lot to say.
>>
>>52140152
Dude either fucking discuss it, and educate people, or go fucking an hero, because your pseudo-intellectual bullshit is pissing me off, if my position is incorrect I will re-evaluate. I know how to think, I don't need a dusty greek manuscript to teach me that, or a slightly less dusty German one either. I respect the great thinkers of ages past, but studying them and their only teaches us how to think like THEM, not necessarily how to think originally, you can meme back at me all you want, I really don't care.
>>
>>52139213
fuck off bugguy
>>
>>52112188
>there are humans in it
pretty much the worst it can get
>>
File: 1459909268379.webm (3MB, 768x432px) Image search: [Google]
1459909268379.webm
3MB, 768x432px
>>52136819
There was a medieval line of thought in christian philosophy:

God made two books in which He makes His intents Known:

-The Bible

-The Universe itself.

That was the reason because medieval bestiaries included moral lessons on its entries and trying to understand nature was a proper goal for monks.

>>52138854
>Stat Me threads are just an excuse to discuss non-/tg/ topics
Please, is that true?
>>
File: CowPattyLogofinal.jpg (80KB, 576x576px) Image search: [Google]
CowPattyLogofinal.jpg
80KB, 576x576px
>>52140536
>Please, is that true?

It's an excuse, but it smells no better than the thread itself, and it isn't like we usually see someone suspiciously OP-like trying to "on-rail" the thread early on, and what's /tg/ related or not is often very inclusively defined anyway.
>>
>>52114070

So that explains the lack of holy wars throughout history
>>
File: 1489291422053.gif (335KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1489291422053.gif
335KB, 400x400px
>>52124644
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x8oLu7znwQ0
>>
>>52129187
That was beautiful in a weird way.
>>
Nature doesn't care about morals, ethics, purpose, all that good jazz.

Nature only cares that life goes on. It doesn't care what form that life has, only that its effective and prosperous.

The whole 99.9% of all things that ever lived has gone extinct is a fine reflection of this. Some things got too big, too complex, too niche, and died off, their genetic lineage lost to the ages.

Nature isn't Grimdark. It's not needlessly brutal for no other reason than to be brutal. It is red in tooth and claw because it has always been, and always will be, because that is how Nature works.
>>
>>52129620
Agreed.
>>
>>52112188
https://www.cdc.gov/prions/
Nature is WH40k-tier grimdark.
>>
>>52141034
Or some things just got bad luck and lived right around the time a fuckhuge asteroid came down, or a star decided to go supernova and hit the entire planet with 5000x the normal amount of x-rays.
>>
>>52112249
Things that fall into "just is" tend to be grimdark.
>>
>>52135221
>The universe isn't cruel,
>The universe is cruel, that is not debatable
>>
>>52115207
Bdelloids are literal genestealers.
>>
>>52141166
Are you a retard? I didn't contradict myself in that post at all, the universe isn't cruel unless you consider something else in that post, and I do consider those things I listed and find that it is cruel, learn to read and understand before you quote someone, and imply they're wrong, you moron.
>>
>>52141122

Been numerous mass extinction events throughout the history of life. It seems that no matter what happens, something is capable of surviving and filling the the vacuum left by the event.

Yes, luck does play a large part into Nature's plan. The perfect example of a species, healthy, fit and capable suddenly getting crushed by a tree or struck by lightning. Random chance is one of the greatest tools of Nature. The very act of sexual reproduction is to throw another roll of the dice into the genetic RNG loot table.

Yes, you might end up with deformed offspring, or you might end up with an offspring that can make use of a niche resource no one else could giving them a better chance at reproducing.
>>
>>52141221
None of those things are cruel. Cruelty requires willfulness.

If you want to mindlessly anthropomorphize the universe, just start a religion like any other chuckle fuck.
>>
>>52141166

Cruelty is something reserved for beings capable of making a choice on their actions. The universe is just a set of atoms, electrons, and other basic building blocks that have clumped together into various forms.

The universe didn't intend for you to be a cluster of atoms capable of thinking, understanding, contemplating. You are just a byproduct of numerous chemical reactions way the fuck back in time when Earth looked nothing like it does now, where atoms started reproducing themselves and changing shapes.

You see cruelty in the storms, earth quakes, parasites, diseases. The universe just sees chemicals reacting with one another in strange ways.

Don't be angry that the universe is cruel, be thankful the universe is complex enough for a cluster of water and carbon, with some trace elements here and there, to comprehend suffering.
>>
>>52141280
Cruelty does not require willfulness, life is brutal, it is cruel, and we are it, if we exist so does cruelty, it's part of the universe, therefore the universe can be construed as cruel.
>>52141303
You meant to quote me I'm sure, I am thankful the universe is complex but it can also be cruel, I'm not angry about it at all.
>>
>>52137086
A relatively small Ork waaagh! broke through the Cadia system in a matter of hours and even took out a training world in the process. Cadia was built to take on Chaos, not hordes of adaptive super animals like Orks and Tyranids.
>>
>>52141349

My point is, the universe just IS. It's not cruel, it's not benevolent, it just is. You are just basic elements interacting in odd ways to the universe. As is everything else. One grand dance to the beat of entropy, you just another figure on the stage.

Cruelty comes from a will to act in such a way. To knowingly cause suffering to others. The universe doesn't know what it does, it just does.

Humans aren't the only animals capable of kindness or cruelty, but the rock that started the rockslide is not cruel, the pocket of hot air that caused a tornado that leveled a town is not evil. It just is. Another random event in the discordant maelstrom of existence, another reaction caused by action, following the rule book of reality.

The gods play with dice, but they have a good number of rule books to read their results from.
>>
>>52141418
>hordes of adaptive super animals like Orks and Tyranids.
or rabbits
>>
>>52141441
>The Fall of Cadia was actually caused by rabbits chewing on the pylons
deepest lore.
>>
>>52137666
>you're a g-genuine dicksucker
>>
>>52141422
I understand what you're saying and I happen to disagree on just that cruelty requires a will behind to be just that cruelty. I'm not angry at the universe nor do I think it's malicious or has a will or any godlike entity controlling it. Perhaps to end this, instead of cruelty, I could say the universe is callous, in a way, as it neither cares for nor has malice towards anything in it, but many cruel and horrible things happen within it.
>>
>>52112188

The grimmest and darkest. IF anything, it's why narrative grimdark settings are an escape for us, because at-least the evil in that world is evil, and has some connection to right and wrong, even if it's just a connection to wrong.
>>
>>52142089

Callous would be the right word, yes.
>>
>>52142089
>>52142683

Harsh works too. 'Cruel', very literally, requires intent. This isn't an ambiguous interpretation of a particular text or anything, it's the definition of a word. Words have absolutely no meaning beyond that which you ascribe to them, so unless you ascribe consistent meaning to them, they are pointless.
>>
>>52142683
Well in my opinion callousness is what the worst form of cruelty is, so I call the universe cruel as a consequence.
>>52142713
Yeah that works too, I tend to take thing less literally, or by their barest definitions at times, and it sometimes confuses people, my bad man
>>
>>52142781

Indifference is not cruelty. It is merely not caring that you suffer. It does not add or subtract from the world you find yourself in, because it is that world.
>>
File: G.jpg (53KB, 750x500px) Image search: [Google]
G.jpg
53KB, 750x500px
>>52138914
>a life that can be filled with your own values, family, good food, art, music, games, sports, etc.
Like these fine fellows did.
>>
>>52141303
>Don't be angry that the universe is cruel, be thankful the universe is complex enough for a cluster of water and carbon, with some trace elements here and there, to comprehend suffering.
There is a difference between tragedy and blind brutal calamity. Tragedy has meaning, and there is dignity in it. Tragedy stands with its shoulders stiff and proud. But there is no meaning, no dignity, no fulfillment, in the death of a child.
"The Will" (1953)
>>
You know, /tg/, this has been a quite interesting thread so far.

Thank you for that.
>>
>>52143026
I think it is. I know that it is. I understand this, I didn't say it added anything to the universe, just that it was my own interpretation of the facts you don't have to like it.
>>52143194
No problem Anon, You're welcome.
>>
File: 150112112548.png (395KB, 1100x619px) Image search: [Google]
150112112548.png
395KB, 1100x619px
>multiple species of animals that commit rape against members of their own species
>at least a few that engage in necrophilia, including homosexual necrophilia
>this latter list includes ducks who, seemingly, during a rape flight, just don't care
>they're dead, yes, but all that means is they won't fight back

>traumatic insemination is a thing
>insects that are capable of stabbing their dicks into a female, breaking it off mid-ejaculation, and growing it back later
>this includes bed bugs, as in the little bastards that infest mattresses, drink human blood, and shit around your mouth

>various parasitic insects and worms that live inside people and can migrate to other parts of the body
>this includes the brain
>yes, really
>someone ended up with a tapeworm in their brain
>a tapeworm - in their fucking brain
>let that sink in
>now realize that, over four years, it migrated across this person's brain before doctors realized what it was and had the thing removed
>pic related
>http://www.huffingtonpost.ca/2014/11/24/tapeworm-brain_n_6212106.html
>>
>>52144962
I heard a story about a woman who cut her tongue on an envelope, and ended up with a festering wound filled with maggots.

Turned out some bug liked the taste, figured it was food, and laid its eggs there, which got into the wound.
>>
Brutal, cold, uncaring, instinctual, but no malice.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=buaEsSTFF9w
>>
>>52145890
That wouldn't surprise me, nature is kinda fucky like that.

Other examples:
>the blanket octopus, a two meter long octopus with a cape-like mantle longer than its body
>it rips the stinging tendrils off of man-of-war jellyfish and uses them as weapons

>in 2006, toads started swelling up and popping for no discernible reason
>when looking into it, it was discovered that it was happening because crows native to the area had been eating their livers
>the toads' skin is highly poisonous, so the crows were, somehow, eating their livers, without touching their skin
>figure that out

>if you put one drop of venom from a Russell's Viper into a wine glass full of fresh, liquid human blood, it solidifies near-instantly into a congealed glob

>you've probably seen the image of the, "rock with guts," right?
>probably a stage prop, or a good photoshop, right?
>nope, it's a tunicate called pyura chilensis
>they mate by becoming hermaphroditic at, "puberty," and spraying clouds of semen and eggs into the water around them and hoping they bump into one another

>flatworms
>they have hardened, bifurcated penises
>during mating rituals, two males will, "fence," using their penises
>the winner stays male
>the loser, or whichever one gets stabbed first, becomes female

>the pacu fish has creepy, human-like teeth
>really, they're more like hillbilly teeth
>go look it up

>baby fulmar birds are especially adept at committing murder on other birds that try to eat them
>their favored weapon?
>an orange, oily vomit
>it glues birds' feathers together and completely destroys their buoyancy, causing them to drown when they try to clean it out
>>
>>52146400
That toad thing happened in Hamburg, Germany. I forgot to add that in there.
>>
File: a45.png (90KB, 488x228px) Image search: [Google]
a45.png
90KB, 488x228px
>>52146400
>“There were no bite or scratch marks, so we knew the toads weren’t being attacked by a raccoon or a rat, which would have also eaten the entire toad,” Frank said. “It was clearly the work of crows, which are clever enough to know the toad’s skin is toxic and realize the liver is the only part worth eating.”

>“Only once the liver is gone does the toad realize it’s being attacked. It puffs itself up as a natural defence mechanism. But since it doesn’t have a diaphragm or ribs, without the liver there is nothing to hold the rest of its organs in. The lungs stretch out of all proportion and rip; the rest of the organs simply expel themselves.”
>>
File: raw.gif (1MB, 264x320px) Image search: [Google]
raw.gif
1MB, 264x320px
>>52146400
>>52146438
>>52146620
>>
Holy shit Earth needs an exterminatus ASAP.
>>
>>52148182
All carbon based life deserves an exterminatus.
Thread posts: 231
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.