[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Vietnam 5e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 4

File: IMG_2190.jpg (145KB, 477x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2190.jpg
145KB, 477x720px
So, in my campaign there will be an arc where the main characters need to traverse through a thick, wild jungle, which is currently being ravaged by a war between a more imperial faction against a very guerilla (VC) type of enemy. I was thinking the conflict could have a racial difference for ease of use. Wood elves sadly can't fill that position. There will be poisonous fog clouds thrown out and about, and combat in awful conditions, followed by ambushes and traps everywhere.

Here's my question to you guys. Who should the invasing army be? And who should the protecting army be? The setting is extremely generic fantasy, all races from the PHB exist (even some few from other expansions).

Also, trap ideas and cool questlines of characters are welcome!
>>
Aarakocra (birdmen) would be super cool as the indigenous defenders. I'm imagining them hiding in foggy canopies, swirling down and death-from-aboving the invaders.
>>
VC: Goblins
USA: Dwarves
It doesn't offer the 2 kinds of vietnamese (one allied one opposing to the 'invader'), but it gives you an easy kind of superiors tech+superiority complex+severe stubbornnes. Also potentially gyrocopters and all the other tech to truly cheese it up. The reason for zhe dwarves to invade would be resources. Thinking about it it's the standard scenario for dwarves anyway, but not under the earth.
ALSO forest goblins are best goblins.
>>
>>52110813
I also thought they would be cool! But my other idea was maybe Tabaxi (cat people) or perhaps a variant of Eladrin? (Misty step for diversions) or a new subspecies of Dire Elves?
>>
>>52110769

>trap ideas

Hidden trenches, spike pits, tripwire explosives.

Just fucking google Vietnam war traps.
>>
>>52110854
Fuck me, I didn't read the whole last sentence. I thought it was just a generic fantasy homebrew.
>>
>>52110889
>B-but magic

You could probably make some dope glyph of warding traps or stuff like that. Magical landmines.
>>
File: 1357378126250.jpg (42KB, 251x323px) Image search: [Google]
1357378126250.jpg
42KB, 251x323px
>>52110925
>Magical landmines.
>>
File: IMG_2182.jpg (66KB, 600x610px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2182.jpg
66KB, 600x610px
>>52111001
Think about it.
>Explosive Runes: When triggered, the glyph erupts with magical energy in a 20-foot-radius Sphere centered on the glyph. The Sphere spreads around corners. Each creature in the aura must make a Dexterity saving throw. A creature takes 5d8 acid, cold, fire, lightning, or thunder damage on a failed saving throw (your choice when you create the glyph), or half as much damage on a successful one.

Literally blow up pleb knights + it would severely highten the tension of travelling through a thick, damp, dark jungle, with wild elves running around and a potential 5d8 being stepped on.

>make a dex save for me please
>>
File: 1357375867313.jpg (89KB, 600x544px)
1357375867313.jpg
89KB, 600x544px
>>52111080
>>
>>52111080

If you put the rune on a metal, or stone slab, you could make it a proper landmine
>>
>>52111131
Doesn't even have to be an object, just a magical rune on the ground, covered by leaves/dirt.

How devilish.
>>
>>52110769
Im running this now
Wood elves as vc
Dwarves are russians
High elves are china
Conglomorate/mostly humans as America.

Astral bomb landmines/boobie traps
Little kids blowing themselves up w/ shoeshine bombs al la rambo bactstpry
Gyrocopters

Shit's cash
>>
>>52110769
Invading army: Hobgoblins - organized, militaristic, industrious, pack a decent punch for their CR.
Defending army: Halflings - not the stereotypical jolly kind, these guys are one hell of a nasty fuckers.

Optional Twist: There's shapeshifter or illusionist double agent that's playing the sides against each other and escalates the conflict whenever it would mellow down. His real goal is unknown.
>>
>>52110769
>>empire army
Dragonborn
>>rebel army
Lizardman
>>
>>52116215
Made them red chromatic dragonborn because napalm.

And the Lizardman being supply by elf because red army support commies
>>
>>52111167
Yeah, but shrapnel > explosive force
>>
>>52111167
I could see doing like >>52111131 said, putting it on a stone slab. You could have a wizard in a tunnel somewhere carving them onto flat stones and handing them out to infiltrator to slip through the wire at night to lay on trails and roads.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.