[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Questions about Deadlands

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 2

File: Deadlands-672x372.png (491KB, 672x372px) Image search: [Google]
Deadlands-672x372.png
491KB, 672x372px
Hi /tg/, /co/mrade here. I've been thinking about trying something new, and the game "Deadlands" immediately caught my eye. I love alt history, wacky cowboys, and ooky spooky magic. I went to the deadlands page to see an order for the gamebook but was met with oodles of add-ons, supplementaries, and other fluff. I'm willing to spend money, but I can't help but feel like I'm bein bamboozled here.

So, my question to you /tg/, have any of you ran a deadlands campaign? would you recommend it? I've played D&D 3.5 and 5.

Thanks!
>>
>>52105622

All you need to play Deadlands is the Savage Worlds CRB and the Deadlands: Reloaded book. Total this is like forty bucks. Cheaper than the 5e PHB.

Deadlands is fun and has the tools to play a lot of different kinds of games. My only real gripe with it is the alt history stuff makes little sense (the CSA dismantling slavery and institutionalized racism just cuz) but that's so easily fixed there's no real reason complaining about it.
>>
>>52105622
Deadlands is far and away the game my group has most enjoyed in the years we've been playing together.

The supplements aren't necessary to play, but some of them have some cool fluff and mechanics.
>>
>>52105622
There's even a Deadlands D20 if you're so inclined. I ran a fun campaign with it several years back.
>>
>>52105622
Deadlands by the theme alone is a blast to play. If you're new to it, get the Reloaded version along with the Savage Worlds Deluxe to save your sanity.

The old system is still used, just thematic and more complicated (rolling to see how many actions you get in combat, what?)
>>
>>52107689
How? The D20 conversion is shit.
>>
>>52105622
I have plated three different campaigns of Deadlands,plus some one shots then and now,and it was always a bloody blast. I played old system,you see,which is a bit complicated to get to touch of until you've played it a bit. I suppose you should listen to the gentle anons here and use the Savage Worlds version.

Also,you can play whatever you want with it; one of the campaigns we played was Fallout setting, a friend of mine came out with a Silent Hill style pseudo-western thing which came out great (was truly spooky but with a comical touch, think of The Evil Dead but with a lot of mist and a samurai).
Just give a try,and enjoy it. You gonna love it.
>>
>>52107720
Meh. Worked well enough for my group.
>>
File: Facial Cues of Disgust.jpg (19KB, 576x432px) Image search: [Google]
Facial Cues of Disgust.jpg
19KB, 576x432px
>>52107689

>Deadlands D20

Half the reason I even play Savage Worlds is to get away from d20
>>
You know, Savage Worlds brags about lightening up combat, or that it makes it easy to run encounters with large numbers of combatants, and to a degree it does, but it still seems like it drags the game down to a slog most of the time. Any suggestions for streamlining things?
>>
>>52108806

In what ways does it bog down combat for you? I'm not being asinine here but what I'm seeing is you're just saying combat is slow. Which is true for basically any TTRPG.

What specific issues have you run into?
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.