[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Weird NPCs from your games.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 3

File: 3.jpg (452KB, 2048x3407px) Image search: [Google]
3.jpg
452KB, 2048x3407px
>Party is talking to king, some guards are around
>BBEG's minion shows up and uses an AoE effect to kill all of the low-level NPCs, including the guards
>Except he rolls a 1 against one of the random guards
>Party attacks, guard also attacks
>BBEG's minion attacks the guard with a direct effect, gets a 1 again
>Next round, same shit
>Party has damaged the minion a lot by this point
>Guard stabs with his non-magical spear and gets a 20
>Saves the day
After that the party kept asking for him to show up again.
>>
>>52099072

We had this one recurring NPC across a number of campaigns set in the same general area and time. He never told us his actual name, but he would search for the "mystic tree", and had a propensity to randomly start shouting. The msystic tree sounded like some kind of secret dungeon or something, because it could be walked into but otherwise was indistinguishable from a normal tree, but we at least could never find it.
>>
>BBEG

bleh.
>>
File: Silver_Shackles.jpg (318KB, 3153x2030px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_Shackles.jpg
318KB, 3153x2030px
>Players tell me they want something action heavy and episodic as opposed to a big "save the world adventure".
>While I wouldn't call them an "evil" party per say, all the players end up making a bunch of mercenary-type characters who will take any job as long as the pay is good enough.
>Accordingly I set the game in a rough and gritty world full of corrupt nobles, ambitious warlords, cults with secret agendas, ect. Think almost like the Conan setting mixed with Mad Max.
>Party does a couple of grey quests, a couple of bad quests, occasionally something that can be considered "good" but only because they were getting paid.
>After a little while party ends up piquing the interest of one of these ambitious warlords and are invited to keep to discuss working for him.
>Warlord is super vain and showy and stuff, so when the party shows up they're basically invited to a feast and waited on by one of his slave girls.
>I think I accidently hit on the magical realm of 3 of 4 of my players, because they kept asking about this slave girl, whom I didn't even bother to name.
>Thinking nothing of it at the time, I just BS'd a bunch of stuff on the spot about how she's timid, speaking only when spoken to, decently pretty aside from a branding burned into her shoulder and what appeared to be the edges of lash marks in some places, you know, typical stuff you'd expect from someone who's a slave to a brutal warlord type.
>One of the players asks how much it would be to buy her freedom
>I just have the warlord laugh and say such things could be discussed after the party's proven their worth, and that there'd be slaves enough for them all if they perform well.
>As soon as the party leaves they start discussing how to kill this guy, even though there's no profit in it for them.
>Party ends up achieving this later on and decides they now want to protect this territory and make it a good place.

I think I accidentally turned an evil party good with a minor NPC I never even named.
>>
>In Rogue Trader Game
>Playing as Seneschal who likes to disguise himself and mingle among the crew as a spy
>May or may not have fathered a good number of the children on the ship
>Have two nameless assistance
>they are dubbed Dude A and Dude B
>Overtime they are renamed Duday and Dubie
>>
>>52099072
>>BBEG
>
>bleh.
When did this become a thing? I've seen so many threads use BBEG and no one bats an eye (usually too busy arguing over some other aspect of the post).

Do people just need something new to complain about?
>>
>>52103002
It's bait or autism, just ignore it
>>
>>52103002
Some autist/small group of autists are trying to act like BBEG is somehow not the right way to quickly refer to the central antagonist of a campaign. I don't remember if their argument is that it's "lazy" to use the abbreviation or that the concept is "boring" but either way just ignore them, as they are literally subhuman
>>
>>52103002
Basically...
>>52103023
>>52103478
This.
There was at least one autist that was legitimately bothered and a jerk about it for months.
The argument being that it is a stupid term (true), that nobody really says out loud (true enough), and therefore nobody should ever type it ever, even as shorthand (autism).
Relatively recently, others clued in to it as bait to trigger, troll, and start arguments.

It can safely be ignored.

>>52099072
Got no stories OP, sorry.
But when the dice support the guard, you gotta listen to the dice gods.
>>
File: What is this shit.jpg (43KB, 625x583px) Image search: [Google]
What is this shit.jpg
43KB, 625x583px
>FFT-themed campaign
>Flying in on an airship
>Fucking Ifrit is attacking a town
>The fire rises.mp4
>Party mostly tries to fire the onboard cannons at him
>Hits him, he gets pissed and knocks the airship out of the sky with fireballs
>Everyone fails the acrobatics checks to survive a crash landing except for me and are KO'd
>I'm not even playing a Dragoon or anything, I just got super lucky
>Decide to use Phoenix down on one of the powerful NPC judges instead of party members as they'd be more useful in the fight
>Meanwhile, an NPC guard that was already on the ground rolls a perfect crit and dealt maximum damage to Ifrit, finishing him off before the judge could even take a turn
>He shot up ~5 levels at once and gained quite a bit of regional acclaim
>The rest of the party's faces when

Coincidentally I'm fairly sure this guard was also using a spear
>>
>>52102926
Good job. Reminds me of that anon who had to wear a ring to conceal his alignment from the paladin so he could hang around the party and later he tool off the ring and the paladin sensed no evil in him, the good guys in the party made him a better person.
>>
>>52103764
What system were you using?

Also of course he was using a spear, spears are the best weapon.
>>
>>52104157
A homebrew system based mostly around D10s and D4s
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.