[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Modern Day Magical Items.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 6

File: scp_objs_2105.png (378KB, 530x398px) Image search: [Google]
scp_objs_2105.png
378KB, 530x398px
Hey, new DM here who is running a free form RP with my group; and I need some help with coming up with ideas. I need some ideas for magical items for a modern-day urban fantasy setting that a normal human being could use. The setting is very polytheistic, all the gods and myths are represented in this world. I wouldn't mind a mix of old artifacts and modern day items that have been enchanted.
>>
File: image.jpg (131KB, 800x625px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
131KB, 800x625px
Can't go wrong with a hand of glory.
>>
Horus' armchair: Very comfy.
>>
>>52097753
'Fridge of Slow. Exactly what it sounds like, a guy did an enchantment on his refrigerator to slow down time inside it when he was away on yet another expedition, because he didn't want to be assed cleaning out the fridge and restocking it every time.
>>
>>52098438
That is actually pretty awesome. Thanks!
>>
File: 45623.jpg (632KB, 1500x3410px) Image search: [Google]
45623.jpg
632KB, 1500x3410px
>>
>>52097753
A magical miniature cocoa tree that produces hot-chocolate-ready cocoa beans that need only be cracked out of their magical cocoa fruit.
It's a gift from a South American god.

A magic uzi that enchants the bullets it fires to go through walls and body armor. Possibly makes them ghost bullets that tear souls from bodies instead of doing actual damage?

A skull that speaks necromantic wisdom to anyone that puts it up to their ear.

An enchanted cellphone. It's never out of range and can call any other cellphone or cellphone-like object (say a seashell of communication) in existence. Unfortunately you have to deal with a demonic switchboard operator to get connected to the person you're trying to call. Not in the sense they want your soul. They're just a demonic pain to deal with.
>>
A small, portable blacklight that can faintly detect magical runes.
>>
>>52097753
uh, just off the top of my head there could be a legendary item from more recent history, instead of everything being ancient. For example, you could have have an enchanted bat that always hits projectiles with perfect accuracy. If you have it be once owned by Babe Ruth, it could be pretty cool.
>>
File: 1486758757539.jpg (120KB, 730x1095px) Image search: [Google]
1486758757539.jpg
120KB, 730x1095px
I'll admit that I don't have too many ideas but I do have some good pictures.

As science progressed and alchemy has become more refined, potions play a much bigger part in international weapon development (Serums for instant super soldiers or possible spells in a bottle) With nations trying to steal the secrets for making these as major plot points.
>>
File: 1486898657078.jpg (43KB, 350x480px) Image search: [Google]
1486898657078.jpg
43KB, 350x480px
These potions could also change society domestically, being an easy way to keeping the population healthy but also drugged and compliant.
>>
Damn, there was a nWoD supplement that was pretty much this, but I think I lost it when my harddrive failed. Had some great stuff, I'll see if I can find it.
>>
Firearms have caused full-plate armor to go out of style and instead potent enchanted jewelry of deflection or shield is common. Most often though it is built into badges of office, like the common police badge all the way to high ranking military medals
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.