[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 329
Thread images: 47

File: 1332468273417.jpg (208KB, 689x800px) Image search: [Google]
1332468273417.jpg
208KB, 689x800px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to Shadowlands BBS (Archive)...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>52064152
>Names in the Shadows - Who is who.edf
>I am Legend (Spinrad Ver.).trid
>Believe in yourself.pfix5
>The crew.jpeg

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: - (-% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Thank you for that save, I know it's a bit rash but I wanna be someone like you and really...'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Teacher Millions.BTL

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Inspiration edition
What inspires you chummer? What moves you through the shadows and what do you follow behind?
What are some great sources of inspiration when you need to get a feel of something in the setting?
>>
A. What contact stats would an organ grinder who you got off of the morgue slab to save from a few robbers have?
B. Does anyone care if I rip off the cool bits of shadowrun videogames?
>>
>>52088478
>B. Does anyone care if I rip off the cool bits of shadowrun videogames?
Shadowrun is a setting built on ripping off things like fantasy, sci-fy, 80s, cyberpunk and more. So I wouldn't mind, as long as you don't put the same twists as the games since anyone that have experience from the games will see it coming.

>A. contact stats
You mean Connection and Loyalty? Wing it, and ask your GM if you need to buy a fixer or not. Just put whatever feels comfortable, just be warned that connection ratings 6+ might be hard to please and maintain.
>>
File: California Free State Flag.png (86KB, 800x533px) Image search: [Google]
California Free State Flag.png
86KB, 800x533px
>>52085847
Book on San Fran just came out.

you ban-dodging fuck
>>
What makes a corporate sin so bad that it is worth more than behaving like leeroy fucking jenkins? I thought that being a disgraced executive or security guy is a widespread archetype. Will everyone in the shadows go after them?
>>
File: 1432651082696.jpg (91KB, 1000x769px) Image search: [Google]
1432651082696.jpg
91KB, 1000x769px
>>52090639
A corporate SIN is bad because you're effectively known by a corporation, they have everything you've ever done, been or said and they will use it against you or your team.

Also if you still have a SIN you are a corporate citizen, you pay taxes and your are technically the property of your parent corp, which is bad if you want to run around doing illegal shit.

Being a disgraced executive is a different thing, you can be that withouth a SIN and with Records on File, that makes more sense and is also less problematic on your team.
>>
>>52090744
I actually played a runner who was a plant and sold copies of everything they stole to their parent corp. Always wore a mask, never took it off.

Final session with them was a high speed chase into a corporate enclave, where they revealed who they were in part and helped smuggle the party out of trouble until the heat died down; unfortunately, they had to retire or risk their info becoming public.

A double agent doesn't always have to fuck the party over.
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pFzFMsfb9Q0

One four man team of street level runners getting caught up in heavy events while battling their deadly drug addictions.
>>
>>52091013
Hah, the next SR game I run is actually going to be a street-level Mega-City One ghetto-like zone.
>>
>>52087743
>Dunkelzahn
Wah he a Kazah or Uzbek?
>>
>>52091289
???
Maybe he just has germanic roots
>>
what advice would you have for someone planning on running a shadow run game with little experience with the system.
I played one session in which my character got caught trying to snoop around a warehouse as a mage, got caught and failed at running.
>>
>>52091542
Food Fight/On The Run are good introductions to the system and game style.
>>
Can you detect initiation by assensing, without depending on the MAG?
Basically, can you see a difference between a mage with MAG 6 and a mage with MAG 6 + Initiation?
>>
>>52091563
You need 4 successes for the exact magic attribute of the subject - so if their magic was high nough you could positively identify a magic initiation by inference.
>>
>>52091638
>if their magic was high nough you could positively identify a magic initiation
chummer, READ
>>52091563
>without depending on the MAG
I'm asking whether or not you can see a difference between a person with MAG 6 and a person with MAG 6 but also an initiation (who maybe started at a lower mag, or just hasn't raised it above 6)
>>
File: 1459465827902.jpg (108KB, 792x474px) Image search: [Google]
1459465827902.jpg
108KB, 792x474px
what do you guy's do with your rape vans? My guy uses it when he's corpse legging part time for ghoul chow.
>>
>>52091718
IIRC, you have to be initiated yourself and have the initiate power of super assessing to get THAT precise a read. Though, desu I stopped at 4th ed.
>>
>>52091756
Mobile apartment/ hacker base, when the cash flow is good upgrade it with a weapon mount and an SK program to shoot motherfukers.

Can't leave a trap at my safehouse if my safehouse never parks in the same sqaure kilometer. Will eventually have to move to a new city though....
>>
File: 1486615919787.jpg (2MB, 2296x1671px) Image search: [Google]
1486615919787.jpg
2MB, 2296x1671px
>>52091857
It would have been neat if RV's and Campers were included in rigger 5.0. I mean the actual cheap RV's and Campers, not the hundred thousand nuyen things.
>>
>>52089012
That guy's friend here
Actually I tether my internet from my phone due to pricing reasons, phone has dynamic IP, and gookmoot just drops a rangeban on anything that is not a static IP including VPNs

Was asking because the situation with General Saito is never really explained, was going to play a character as somebody tengentially related to his regieme who is now suddenly a lose end that needs to be tied off and therefore suddenly SINless in Seattle on the run
>>
How difficult would it be to translate some stuff from older editions to 5th? Never played previous editions so not sure how different they all are.
>>
>>52092501
Stuff from 4e translates easily but anything older ranges from easy to fucked, depending on what it is.
>>
Any mega share links with all shadowrun shit?
>>
>>52092843
read the fucking OP
>>
>>52092843
Have you considered checking the OP?

Is there any way to get Chummer to enforce a karma cap?
Accidentally went something like 20-30% over-budget thinking it had one
>>
>>52092846
>>52092864
You are really pressuring me.
I decide to read the OP when I feel ready for it.
>>
>>52092864
Just adjust shit back down?
>>
4th or 5th Edition.

Tell me Cons and Pros.
>>
>>52092958
take 5th

4th is some uncomplete unplayable shit.
>>
>>52092958
Fifth is playable. Fourth has all the setting information.

You need both.
>>
File: 1b647da478e57d7363a326d47cdc1f3b.jpg (124KB, 1080x1350px) Image search: [Google]
1b647da478e57d7363a326d47cdc1f3b.jpg
124KB, 1080x1350px
>>52092958
>4th edition:
Starts characters with a higher power level, hacking is less a dedicated role and accessible to anyone, for better or worse. It also has a more complete suite of fluff books.

>5th edition:
Balance is much better, but tends to favor magic slightly more. Default priority-gen is ass but alternatives exist. The layout of the books is generally poor, but it's also the most up to date and probably most common.

You should go with 5th.
>>
>>52093181
>Fourth has all the setting information.
Third + Fourth + Fifth has all the setting information.

Without third, you're missing more than a few detailed descriptions on how things like metagenetics, simsense, etc work, in ways that later editions only skim over.
>>
>>52093181
At least it's easier to port fluff into 5e than fix mechanics for 4e.
>>
File: hanzo mains.png (304KB, 537x619px) Image search: [Google]
hanzo mains.png
304KB, 537x619px
Is there any way to make using a bow viable? As far as I can tell, there doesn't seem to be a way to attack multiple times in a round with a bow outside of additional initiative passes, and no way whatsoever to attack multiple targets in the same pass.
>>
>>52093345
Houserules
>>
>>52093345
If you're using a bow, you're explicitly choosing a non-automatic option, so suck it up. The bow's advantage isn't in speed but in abusing STR and AP.
>>
>>52093345
Troll Archer adepts
>>
>>52093345
Bows aren't completely awful, they're just remarkably inferior to firearms and require as much investment in STR as AGI to be viable. If you're okay with a naturally slow rate of fire and have the stronk to pull decent damage, they make an alright ranged alternative for STR-centric characters.
>>
Are there any books that go into more detail about seattle gangs? I'm trying to find more information about the Trogs as part of my backstory
>>
>>52093345
A GM might let you quick draw the Load & Fire Bow complex action, more so if you have the Rapid Draw adept power. From there you might be able to get permission for attacking two targets with multiple attacks.
>>
>>52093345
Lets break it down, hm?

Shitty damage, shitty AP, meh range, potentially good accuracy, no real particularly useful ammo options, all the special rules regarding bows are shit, they can use Alchemy for arrows but alchemy is shit, they're silentish but there's not actually any mechanical way this is represented at all, you can't attack multiple targets, you can't fire multiple times, it's a massive action hog with no way to reduce this aside from MANY Rapid Draw allowing it to be quickdrawn and loaded+fired as a Free Action and then Perfect Time allowing you to put it back away as a free, there's no burst fire/full auto option, and it's just generally shit.

>>52093467
A basic assault rifle is doing 11P with -2 AP, boostable with ADPS to -8 AP, and if you fuck about with Handloads then it's 12P -8AP. No Str investment required, FA capable, all sorts of other benefits. It's not even remotely in the same ballpark.

>>52093479
>Most expensive race
>Worst spread of points
>Playing one of the least optimal options possible
Just take a character with max Infirm, Aged, and Borrowed Time.
>>
>>52093494
Funnily enough, you're actually better off throwing items, because bows have an absolute cap of 10.
>>
How to make a stranded like survival in Shadowrun.
You have to use sticks and shit to kill island boars.

Build shelter survive the Hurricane.

Until hyper fly fly mega high teck boat full of zombie pirates rescues the team and brings them to australia after they kill everyone.
>>
>>52093535
Make sure nobody is a mage and there you go.
>>
>>52093547
what's different with a mage?
>>
>>52093479
Orc Archer adept is just as good and you get less shafted with metatype.
>>
File: 1420397120136.jpg (69KB, 600x900px) Image search: [Google]
1420397120136.jpg
69KB, 600x900px
>>52093560
>Mage summons a spirit
>Asks the spirit to kill the wildlife for him, asks him to build shelter for him.
A mage bypasses all of the feeling of "stranded survivors" you seem to want to go for.
>>
>>52093580
kek the cumming Hurrydurrycane us sorounded by a magic supressing wafe so the mage can't cast at all or with an extreme handycap.

Shiiiiiet solved easily.
>>
File: 1409709093389.jpg (243KB, 1100x634px) Image search: [Google]
1409709093389.jpg
243KB, 1100x634px
>>52093637
That's called a background count and yes it could work, although unless you make it around 5-6 it won't stop the mage.

Anon did you forget how to talk all of a sudden.
>>
>>52093637
>Your character does [Thing]
>Here's this persistent condition that makes you literally incapable of [Thing], despite that being the only thing you could do
>>
So, /srg/, how do we fix bows?
>>
>>52093683
Everyone is cut down because no weapon and highendsupertecknical engineering weapons.
The maga can use his overdeveopled hyper brain to invent little shits.

Also he maybe can use a little magic. MAYBE I said desu senpai.
>>
>>52093504
Wouldn't the Rapid Fingers adept power logically allow you to nock another arrow as a free action? It barely solves any of the bows problems, I know, but it's a start.
>>
File: 1450129576892.jpg (188KB, 561x950px) Image search: [Google]
1450129576892.jpg
188KB, 561x950px
>>52093748
So anon, why should we want to fix bows?

We could fix alchemy, making bows an interesting ranged options for mages and shamans who want to play it "traditional". But having bows equal to firearms makes absolutely no sense from a universe perspective.
>>
>>52093776
It's not about making them equal to firearms, it's about giving them a proper niche that they have.

If you have a Str 14 Troll who wants to be a piece of metahuman artillery firing entire logs at people, which to put it in perspective is something that'd let him literally pick up and THROW CARS, why should be just be outright worse than even a basic rifle? He's able to put more energy behind his shit, but nope, arbitrary cap.
>>
>>52093821
>why should be just be outright worse than even a basic rifle? He's able to put more energy behind his shit, but nope, arbitrary cap.
It's DV:12P, AP:-4 at rating 10. Which compares to a basic rifle just fine. It doesn't compare to an assault cannon or high end sniper rifle with APDS.
>>
>>52093865
To get specific, at Strength 10+ it compares to a Remington 950 just fine, and outperforms a Ruger 100 on everything but range, ammo choices, and fire rate.
>>
>>52093865
It's not AP-4, it's AP-2, anon. Rating divided by 4, with the max rating being 10, so the max is 2.

Also, that requires you to have Str 10, which is only achievable with either heavy augmentation or being a Troll.

That AR? Literally anyone can just pick it up and DO that. Zero problems. Works perfectly fine.
>>
>>52093865
It doesn't compare, cuz the basic rifle can fire in full auto.
>>
>>52093902
See >>52093891
>>
So what's the glue quality on the collector editions of the expansion books ? Is it as shit as main book ?

I'm asking because I have a chance to buy 5 of them for the price of 4 second hand so I'm considering it.
>>
>>52093899
Yep, I should be asleep right now. That would make us both wrong, unless you have something to say otherwise.
>A NOTE ON ROUNDING
>Sometimes you’re going to have to divide some number or another, and sometimes that will require rounding. The general rule of thumb is to round up, unless a specific rule tells you to do otherwise.
>>
>>52093954
I was thinking in comparison to assault rifles. 1 extra dv, but the assault rifle can fire in full auto, which means more net hits and thus more damage.
>>
>>52091942
That Pic, My Sides, Meth really is a hell of a drug.
>>
Are there any Memes here?
Like BTC?
>>
>>52094023
It can fire in FA or BF, it can fire as a Simple Action, it can be fitted with more and better attachments, and it requires far, FAR less investment to be good at it.
>>
>>52093205
What is your preferred alternative because life modules leave an assy taste in my brain
>>
>>52094146
Karmagen with 900 starting Karma is pretty much the best way to make characters.
>>
File: 1479282419328.jpg (886KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1479282419328.jpg
886KB, 1920x1080px
An arrow from a typical hunting bow can deal about as much precision damage as a 9mm bullet, minus internal trauma, breaking of bone, etc. 40 lbs of draw weight is about enough to kill game like small deer, and 50 lbs and up would be the typical choice for anything larger, up to moose and bear.

Ideally, since every point of Strength reflects 10 kg, or ~22 lbs of carry strength, each rating of bow reflects up to roughly 20 lbs of draw weight, to a point. 200 lb draw bows are unheard of in the modern world, so ideally it would be more like 15. 150 is about where bows historically cap out.

Bows should ideally do damage comparable to light and heavy pistols, with higher accuracy scaling with skill, damage being 7P on average, and AP scaling slightly on the rating of the bow.

The strength requirement needs to be rebuilt so it isn't a 1:1 Rating:Attribute deal.

The best option for all of this might actually be to do away with Rating entirely, and split bows into different tiers, similar to Hold-Outs, Light Pistols, and Heavy Pistols. Something like Shortbows, Longbows, and Greatbows.

There's a lot of variety in bows that isn't reflected by the "Bow, Accuracy 6, (Rating + 2)P, –(Rating / 4), Availability Rating" description we get. They're separated into Traditional and Compound, yes, but there are different varieties of each, and there could very well still be a market for them to cater to luddites, magical or otherwise, who don't want to use ballistic ranged weapons. That, or people who hunt critters for sport.
>>
>>52094329
See, this guy gets it.
>>
>>52094329
To be fair here, historically doesn't matter. Shadowrun is in a time period where plasteel is a thing, memory-metals are a thing, and we've made cybernetics actually possible.
>>
>>52094325
Why the extra hundred karma?
>>
>>52094329
*and AP scaling slightly HIGHER on the rating of the bow

>>52094392
Thanks, anon! I was worried I was just blowing hot air.

>>52094430
Hah, yeah, true. It could be entirely feasible to make a 200 lb draw bow with plasteel and other fantasy shenanigan materials.

Maybe a big composite bow made with high-strength materials produced by Ares or someone, illegal on the street because it's actually designed to pack the punch to drive a length of metal into a concrete wall. We could definitely keep up with Shadowrun-brand absurdity with that sort of thing.
>>
>>52094463
https://www.reddit.com/r/Shadowrun/comments/2rhrlv/sr5priority_karma_values_and_sum_to_ten/

Basically, STT/Priority give you values a lot higher than 800 Karma, and the only way to get it to not do that is to purposefully make a terrible character.

To make them equal, 900/1000 Karma is about what you should use.
>>
>>52094463
If you minmax sum-to-10 you can get the equivalent of 1050 karma. The 800 karma karmagen gives you is paltry in comparison.
>>
I actually think im gonna stick with priority for now my players are all new some to rpgs in general so i think it will be easier to keep track of but i immediately disregarded STT because munchkins. i guess ill will go through and hit build some in all three to see how it breaksdown pen in hand. Yay projects. Thanks chummers
>>
>>52092278
Don't know what happened to Saito specifically though Ares did spearhead the retaking of the Bay Area and won. JIS didn't want any thing to do with him and MCT is probably the big Japanese presence now. The aftermath of that whole mess is a huge loose end and a good starting point for background. Mind that the occupation wasnt too recent, your guy might be older. Not to mention Saito's forces were still JIS citizens in some capacity...
>>
File: 4aab0a790ec3aa05d9d2fab4f824bcda.jpg (184KB, 929x1600px) Image search: [Google]
4aab0a790ec3aa05d9d2fab4f824bcda.jpg
184KB, 929x1600px
>>52094146
Karmagen but if you can't be assed Sum-To-Ten/Twelve (Run Faster) are perfectly fine, omae.
>>
Burnout Adept with two full cyberarms at 9 str and agi using bows. Doable?
>>
>>52094873
Anon.

Use your eyes.

>>52094561
>>
>>52095210
>>52095210
Doable but suboptimal because you're not Maxing out the rating of the bow. Consider doing it as an Ork, Troll, Dwarf.
>>
>>52092864
>Is there any way to get Chummer to enforce a karma cap?
Que?
>>
>>52095611
My guess would be that it either throws up some immediate and visible warning as soon as you hit (assigned value)+Neg Qualities or not allow adding more once that's hit.
>>
>>52095611
He's retarded, and he thinks it'll help him if Chummer just doesn't let him go over his alloted karma amount, rather than it displaying it properly and making you have to actually reduce shit.
>>
>>52091542
>what advice would you have for someone planning on running a Shadowrun game with little experience with the system?

Get experience with the system.
>>
Say I want to start a gang. Targets are few mouth breathers that have dared to hurt our face. I also have the backing of an organised crime boss.
How can a regular street sam maximize his odds of doing this? Beating them up is the easy part.
>>
>>52095887
Do legwork and find out where all the important leaders and lieutenants in the gang live.
Proceed to kill them.
>>
Good heavy pistol for a street sam as a backup weapon. Was looking at the warhawk, but wondering if savalette guardian would be better because burst fire
>>
>>52092278
The General Saito situation was indeed explained in Sixth World Almanac.
After years of grassroots resistance by multiple parties (rebels, gangs, syndicate elements, local corps, shadowrunners, former CalFree police and military) eventually Saito was forced to leave after his occupation became too costly too continue, especially after Ares Macrotechnology began funding and organizing the resistance forces and he stopped getting support from Japan due to the political shift in the IJS.
>>
>>52095984
Guardian is the 'default' choice of sidearm/pistol because of that delicious 8p and burstfire. Take it if you don't mind destroying your ammostock for more hits.
>>
>>52095887
Identify what leverage the existing gangs have in the area, whether they are buying off/blackmailing, etc their rivals.
Find out how they are making their money.
Find out where they are getting their resources, ammo, food, etc.

Once you've done the legwork Blood Raven all their shit, then make it apparrent to everyone the old gang did business with that you are more professional/stronger.
>>
>>52093504
You must be fun to play with.
>>
>>52095984
Savalette Guardian is superior to every other pistol choice. Grab one and a Colt Agent Special as a backup weapon (they use the same ammo, simplifying logistics). Put both in concealed quick-draw holsters.

Then grab a Warhawk, give it the long barrel & customised look modifications, and wear it in a NON-concealed quick-draw holster as a distraction. Everyone will focus on your obvious hand-cannon and ignore your actual weapons.
>>
>>52096058
Well, I'm actually in games, so...
>>
>>52096106
....and?
>>
>>52096149
And you replied.
>>
>>52096211
...I uh...I guess I don't get it.
It's early in the morning for me.
>>
>>52096262
:^)
>>
File: Bows.jpg (163KB, 2000x982px) Image search: [Google]
Bows.jpg
163KB, 2000x982px
>>52093504
>meh range
If you're a weak bitch

>>52093345
>no way whatsoever to attack multiple targets in the same pass.
Incendiary arrowheads. With a high-rating bow you can throw one of those over half a kilometer and get an area of effect damage. Next best thing to having rockets or an airstrike.
>>
>>52096321
Range is irrelevant in a game that very rarely will ever see combat outside of maybe 50 meters.
>>
>>52094873
Priority is basically, "Don't play an orc or troll."

Sum To 10 is balanced while still allowing people to have options.
>>
>>52096367
Sometimes you just gotta assassinate some asshole from half a klick out.

Though you're firing something in a parabolic arc, so you'd better have a Smartgun system and/or fantastic aim.
>>
Do you ever buy knowledge skills after gen?
>>
>>52096321
Somewhat guessing that you're the bow guy above, but do you think that an Arrow is better put in the same noise category as whispering or as silenced gun fire? (So 3 or 2 successes before any penalties)
>>
File: Troll Bounty Hunter Bow.jpg (223KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Troll Bounty Hunter Bow.jpg
223KB, 1024x768px
>>52096367
Honestly if you're playing a bow guy and decide to just run around and fight people at point-blank, you deserve to have your quiver shoved up your ass. It's explicitly a weapon for getting in one shot at a time, treat it as such. Use a heavy crossbow (which hits like a machine gun and has an internal magazine) if you want to fight people at 50m.
>>
File: 1442226615749.jpg (107KB, 958x541px) Image search: [Google]
1442226615749.jpg
107KB, 958x541px
>>52096461
>guessing that you're the bow guy above
Nope.

Make it 3 successes to detect where it's fired from.
>>
>>52096451
Depends on your role in the team. Knowledge skills can sometimes be more useful than active skills. Useful for legwork, infiltration, etc.

My current char is a shadow loremaster, 15 ranks in knowledge skills at chargen such as Magical Threats (Invae), Matrix Threats (AI), Runner Community (Rumours), and a lot more. You don't need to defeat an ambush or a betrayal when you see it coming from a mile away.
>>
>>52091718
chummer READ yourself.
Obviously fucking not, because what you're talking about is incredibly fucking stupid. The closest thing you get is what I typed.
>>
>>52096515
Crossbows are ~ the sound level of a suppressed firearm iirc
>>
Good place for character art?
>>
>>52096515
Lemme then do a quick run by on the core mooks to see how that changes things versus super-silenced gunshots.

PR 0&1 still have no chance, but if they're listening for bow fire or have mad aug or equip bonuses, they're more likely to hear the bow (because even listening for the super-silenced stuff they can't make the roll). But they're probably listening for gunfire if they're listening for that kind of stuff and it's still not good odds, just existent ones.

PR 2 has an outside chance, and the kind of boosts that give them a chance to hear max silence guns also gives them a better chance for hearing a bow. Again, though, who listens for a bow?

PR 3 and 4 have a better chance, and can actually average it with listening for a bow and some equip or augs. So bit of a step down from max silence, but only in strange circumstances.

PR 5 is a big step down for bows, because they're starting at slightly better (on statistical average) than max silence and in those strange circumstances it's worse. Gets closer to even (bow probably has a slight advantage) if you assume the Elite Security is usually listening for gunfire.

And PR 6 has good chances for both, especially if you assume they're listening for gunfire. That almost gives an advantage to bows, but it's PR 6. Nothing is really a good advantage.

And also, most aren't going to go to this level of silencing.
>>
File: 1485939393901.jpg (413KB, 900x971px) Image search: [Google]
1485939393901.jpg
413KB, 900x971px
>>52097158
These threads, definitely. The first thing I do when I see one is comb it for art, and then go back to top and actually read.

There's also a dump in the storage link you'll find in the OP.
>>
File: 133374501_9f2e9ee957.jpg (33KB, 210x310px) Image search: [Google]
133374501_9f2e9ee957.jpg
33KB, 210x310px
>>52097158
Cropped images of Michael Biehn.
>>
File: 1389408042912.jpg (147KB, 600x885px) Image search: [Google]
1389408042912.jpg
147KB, 600x885px
Is something like this possible? I haven't looked too much into chrome other than the CRB
>>
>>52097461
Yes. It's just about all possible in the core. The only thing I can think of in there that's not in the core would be the casemod (negligable and probably covered as part of Distinctive Style) and the possible cyber-dong.

Oh, and possibly the cyber-skull, if you think it's a partial. Other than that all obvious cyber-limbs and mods to those limbs.
>>
>>52097461
as >>52097553 said you could make this with 4 cyberlimbs, a cybertorso and a cyberskull
you have to consider though that a cybertorso and cyberskull are just shells around your organs

If you want a full-body replacement where the only organic thing is your brain, then no. Not possible in 5e anymore
>>
>>52097461
Possible? Sure.

A good idea? No.
>>
>>52097158
These threads, Pinterest, and sometimes Tumblr
>>
>>52097647
All Chrome Man (Woman in this case) can actually have some fun stuff and good (specific) die pools. Just gotta plan around Resources A and Biocompat: Cyber. And for fun, Restricted Gear and Adapsin.
>>
File: Kokeshi.pdf (69KB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
Kokeshi.pdf
69KB, 1x1px
>>52097553
To really make it work you need some stuff from Chromeflesh and Run Faster, as you'll need biocompatibility (cyber) to not be just dead from essence loss.and restricted gear if you want to go full cyberskull or add any availability changing mods to the torso.
The real main problem with this in 5e is it's almost impossible to justify not wearing amour. If it were 4ed you could get enough armour on cyber limbs to get away with it, but since the values for armour and damage were re-jigged .
Here is something vaguely similar I made while mucking about
>>
I'm playing shadowrun dragonfall as a street sam. Primarily just dps, but with some party face stuff here and there.

I've got a datajack, alpha eyes and an alpha right arm with 4 essence left. What else should I try to fit into my meat? Wired reflexes looks pretty cool.
>>
Anyone got the german translations of chrome flesh, howling shadows and hard targets?

I can't find them anywhere.
>>
Anyone have feelings on Flametossers? They sound pretty awesome and I'd like something to complement the spurs in my arm.

Followup, how viable is a mundane combat character with 11+1d6 reaction in a modified street scum game? I'm not big on any of the options I see for enhancing my reaction/initiative; WR is too expensive and essence intensive (GM is going hard on the essence loss makes you less emotional), everything else just feels out of reach... lightning reflexes would be awesome but it's a ton of karma and they feel like they are short term gain, long term loss (he wants to take this through to prime runner level if he can, I'm not quite sure about it but...)
>>
>>52097892
Dunno how it is in the video games but WR are fucking badass.
>>
>>52097932
In the games are kinda meh, no extra actions, a bit of Quickness (Agi+REA) and one guaranteed dodge every 5/6 turns

>>52097892
If you are shooty, Aztecnology legs are great. There is not that much variation on ware on that game, HK has a shitload tho. Armor is always great, and remember you can't bump your stats over your race max.
>>
>>52097897
Check the OP pastebin
>>
>>52097892
>dps
If you keep saying that on here, you'll trigger someone very hard.
>>
>>52097787
Another method is Biocompatibility (Cyberware), Restricted Gear (Adapsin), Partial Cyber Skull, Adept, The Burnout's Way, and take all the limbs as a Cyberware Bundle for a 10% Essence bonus. Upgrade to a full Cyberskull after chargen.

With this method you should have around 2.5 points of Essence left to spend, or you can work on Initiating and go magic instead.

Maybe not optimal, but fun RP potential.
>>
>>52097992
I did. They were not there. Also checked other filesharing forums, but no one seems to have these.

Time to hibernate until the next oc of pegasus comes out. They seem to care enough about their products to spend money on them.
>>
>>52098049
Pastebin -> MediaFire -> 5e -> "In Deutsch"
>>
>>52098080
The German version of Chrome Flesh is called Bodyshop. We don't have it in there.
>>
>>52097919
Ok, better followup question: What's the best way to boost initiative as a non-Adept? I've just been humming and hawing over the various options and want to know how people feel about them. Like I said before the essence loss scares me, and it seems like I won't be able to afford any sort of reaction/initiative boosters at chargen without gimping everything else (along with my character concept...)
>>
>>52098133
If you can spare the points for the Drug Tolerant quality (the one that gives you +2 dice to resist addiction) and are willing to do a small amount of 'ware get a Nephretic Screen of low-ish rating and the genemod Narco.

Then have a supply of two of the initiative enhancing drugs. One weaker one for 'most' cases and an actual combat drug for getting the most out of that genemod.

You may also consider getting a 5c-2l dealer contact so that you can pay double to get those pharmacy grade for the benefits that gives.
>>
>>52098133
Most bang for your buck is wired reflexes and reaction enhancers, but the Essence cost is crazy (you'll also want to pick up two pieces of geneware to max them out).

I prefer the cultured bioware version. MUCH less Essence cost, and combines most of the same features.

Or you go drugs.
>>
>>52098166
Not sure how I feel about it but I'll look into it. My character's like a former Lone Star that got laid off when KE took over so I'm not sure how he'd feel about drugs.

>>52098292
That's Synaptic Boosters, right? I don't know why but I glossed over those before. They sound awesome, and they don't have the same issues as WR with being more aggressive.
>>
>>52098390
If he's former Star, he's probably quite used to (or at least familiar with) Jazz. It's the drug of choice given to officers that may have to deal with a 'wared up criminal.

Also with Long Haul, but I think that's probably got more users than soycaf and coffee combined.
>>
>>52098434
Is Jazz highly looked down upon or is it comparable to something like coffee? or maybe ADHD medication? (in terms of societal disapproval)
>>
>>52098292
>(you'll also want to pick up two pieces of geneware to max them out).
Whats geneware?
>>
>>52098483
It's from Chrome Flesh.
>>
>>52098467
It's probably more like being addicted to pain killers, especially as an active Star or KE officer would have a license to use the stuff. (It's 2R, same as Knucks, and almost the same price.)

In terms of actual use, probably not that looked downed on, as the crash isn't super bad. (-2 dice for the same time as you were up on it.)

Of course, poor use of it would likely get looked down on, same as if you were too high on pain killers at the wrong time during work
>>
>>52098538
Cool, thanks for the info!
>>
File: why always me.jpg (171KB, 462x533px) Image search: [Google]
why always me.jpg
171KB, 462x533px
>when melee seems like the biggest fucking Goddamn joke in the world because dumb cockgobblers can just full auto point-blank with a shotgun or rifle to give the target a -10 to dodge anyway, and you fell early on for the unarmed combat meme
>when you're playing an adept in the middle of nowhere and background counts effectively castrate your combat sense and unarmed skills for the most part, but the full wizard just laughs it off from his clossal dice pool on speels and has an extra dice more for initiative than you do anyway to begin with
>when the mystic adept of the group outperforms you in every defination of the word
>when you're surrounded by people that have no balls so you have to take initiative and go first into the spooky hallways anyway

Who else /sufferingbutkeepgoing/ here?
>>
>>52099876
Get the Warrior's way and the Domain of the Warrior metamagic ASAP. It may take a few actions to get your background count aspected to violence, but then you can start ignoring it.

No help on the other people's lack of balls, sadly.
>>
>>52099876
>when you have to face Rating 7-8 Hosts and GOD every so often because you joined a primer runner party.
>>
>>52100144
>playing anything involving hacking in Shadowrun

I am so sorry for your loss.
>>
>>52099876
Is actually using Background Count common for groups? Everything about it seems outright designed to murder fun in its crib and every discussion about it seems to revolve around how awful it is.
>>
File: 1423989046088.jpg (3MB, 3000x971px) Image search: [Google]
1423989046088.jpg
3MB, 3000x971px
>>52100233
Only as a mean to stop games from devolving into Magicrun: Awakened Boogaloo 2 "Spirit Harder"

Background counts are as important as noise and not adding them is kinda just forgetting a huge part of the game.

>>52100229
At this point I've beaten an AI, GOD and the NSA, ain't shit I'm scared of.
>>
>>52100229
>Decide we want to try shadowrun, but don't know much about it
>DM has read it and is confident enough to use the matrix
>Say decker sounds fun, I'll play one
>Go home and read the book
I've made a huge mistake
>>
File: bha.gif (546KB, 267x200px) Image search: [Google]
bha.gif
546KB, 267x200px
>>52097271
>>
Shame they took lindworms out of 5e. They were a nice 'lesser dragon' role and one of the interesting 'new' bits about 4e. Sufficiently alien to really fuck with the players.
>>
File: Picard.jpg (28KB, 630x473px) Image search: [Google]
Picard.jpg
28KB, 630x473px
>mfw both the group faces are bad at their jobs

God dammit, the cybersam shouldn't be the socially adept one.

And while we're on the topic, when nod your head between the adept and the unsuspecting guard about to call to confirm our lies, the adept should not need the concept of knock him the fuck out explained.
>>
File: 1481923798931.jpg (262KB, 1147x767px) Image search: [Google]
1481923798931.jpg
262KB, 1147x767px
>>52100611
Use DNI next time boykie
>>
File: cyberpunk is not dead.jpg (404KB, 1280x1256px) Image search: [Google]
cyberpunk is not dead.jpg
404KB, 1280x1256px
>>52100611
>nerds who want to play roided-out badasses are total wimps
>nerds who want to play omnipotent mages are napoleonic shits
>nerds who want to play charismatic sluts are gormless tossers

Same as it ever was
>>
File: Love Yourself.jpg (44KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
Love Yourself.jpg
44KB, 600x600px
>>52100740
And I'm all three, so I play a MysAd.
>>
What are some good enemies I can start a game with?
One I've got down is "Girlfriend wants him dead"
>>
>>52101078
Father of said girlfriend, because he was conned and blames you
Brother of said girlfriend, who thinks you stole his car and crashed it
Mother of said girlfriend, for rejecting her advances and calling her a whore by accident.
They are a Mafia family, and they take their vendettas very personally. And they are not comploting together, all simply having their own personal vendettas against you for different reasons at different times, and never realizing they all want the same guy dead.
>>
>>52101221
And I will spend the points I earn from all these enemy qualities entirely on edge so I can just lucky asshole my way out of their traps every episode.
>>
So I'm playing a full hacker for once. No doubling as a sammy, no dipping into rigging, just being a hacker. To cut down on liabilities I'm trying to avoid slaving everyone's shit to my deck. Am I gonna have to bite the bullet on this one, or can I just pimp out some Blue Defenders and hand them out like electronic candy?
>>
>>52101265
>>52101221
>>52101078
Don't forget his twin brother ricardio, who framed him for half of these.
>>
File: download (1).jpg (86KB, 675x360px) Image search: [Google]
download (1).jpg
86KB, 675x360px
>>52100787
And if you're playing 4e, you can double as a decker with enough money for agents. Then you're a one man band!

A really shitty one, anyway, until you get a pile of karma.
>>
>>52101528
The main advantage of slaving everyone's shit to yours, is that when they try to hack them, you can use any bonuses you have to resist along with your stats to do so, and when they fail for whatever reason, they eat up damage/you get free marks on them. And the team counts on you to keep them safe from any evil technowizards looking to ruin their day.

And it's not much of a liability to slave everyone's shit to you, at least not to you. If for some miracle, your team gets kidnapped and they get a direct link to their shit and use that to hack you, you have bigger issues than a few marks. I wouldn't stop you if you didn't want to risk yourself, you are never too paranoid in Shadowrun, but I will call you a pussy and you are not credit to team.
>>
File: 5e8.png (801KB, 720x720px) Image search: [Google]
5e8.png
801KB, 720x720px
>>52091942
>>52094062
What kills me is the dedication. Someone actually had to take time out of their day to do that. They had to either type those rants or find them online, print them out, glue them to the side of a building or their RV one by one. Hours of loving handiwork to call our last president a blue monkey from Kenya.

It's honestly impressive in a sick, sad, tragicomic kind of way.
>>
>>52096321
>With a high-rating bow you can throw one of those over half a kilometer
And? Magic always wins if we're talking range.
a mage with an optical telescope can shoot moon men.
>>
>singing, dancing, idol mage
Can it work?
I want to be singing sutras of the 99 heavenly seals to fuck with magic shit while my crew is busy shooting people.
>>
>>52102401
Yeah, it works. Consider a geas for chanting or use the chants as your centering technique. Look the traditions and the religions they're based on to get a sense of which one you want to be a part of or appropriate. Distinctive Style or Fame may suit you if you want to be serious about the idol business.
>>
File: cyberdeck.jpg (770KB, 3984x2241px) Image search: [Google]
cyberdeck.jpg
770KB, 3984x2241px
>>52087743
What file extensions are used in the Sixth World?
>>
>>52102482
I think I might get both fame and distinctive style.
Because goddamnit I am a singing and dancing sensation.
>>
File: ObamaWink.jpg (268KB, 2000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
ObamaWink.jpg
268KB, 2000x1000px
>>52091857
>the only business ape Obama knows is monkey business
>>
>>52102507
formatted access multiplex
simsense matrix hologram
torrented bit/quantum hash
>>
>>52102149
I'll have to troll some astronauts with euphoria or stench or something.
>>
>>52102507
If I'm understanding you right, probably things like:

.trid, .sim, .pfix, .btl, .knw, .aro

They might have more advanced image compression, so our modern image file extensions might be moot. They likely have something similar to .flac for stereo audio, and .bmp for flat images. File types like .trid and .sim are probably better-suited for high-fidelity sensory experience, so they might just dominate all-around.
>>
>>52101078
The hot blooded rival who at the end of the campaign teams up with you to defeat big bad.
>>
>>52102685
I don't think you can magic stuff when there's a manna void between you and the target, or if the void is present at the target.

Unless you burrow into a metaplane and use it like a wormhole.
>>
>>52102507
None. If you don't recognise something from the visible icon and name, then you're checking for more information.
>>
I'm trying to figure out something. Chummer has karma costs and the ability to purchase multiple Metamagics/Echoes, without needing another initiation/submersion
What are the rules surrounding that? As far as I knew you could only take one whenever you submerge/intiate.
>>
>>52102953
For each initiation level, you can purchase one additional metamagic for 15 Karma. So at level 1, you'd get one free metamagic, and could purchase a second for some Karma.
>>
>>52102997
Does that include Echoes as well? That would make getting a Techno-rigger a bit easier since you can get rating 2 rig in a single submersion.
>>
>>52103077

RAW, no; that rule came out in Street Grimoire. However, you may convince your GM to apply the same rule, and hopefully some equivalent will come out whenever the Techno5 book comes out.

>cue laughing
>>
>>52093957
I'd do it anyway because they look fucking great.
>>
File: shadowrun west.png (5MB, 2550x3300px) Image search: [Google]
shadowrun west.png
5MB, 2550x3300px
>>52087743

How are SINs given out? To people who come in off the grid, or to critters like dragons who have enough weight to throw around that messing with them isn't worth the hassle?
>>
>>52103376
If you do something to earn a SIN, the office of whatever has you come in, you fill out some information and they make a request of the Global Sin Registry brought to you by Shiawaseâ„¢ and then you have a SIN, bam.

Dragons may or may not have SINs, according to their need/whims. For example, those who hold office or company stakes would definitely find a legal SIN to be easier to operate through. Some nations and corps don't consider non-humans as potential citizens; EVO is reportedly the most open-minded with regards to this.
>>
>>52103376
A SIN isn't something you're given so much as something you're assigned to. Along with details like your physical specifications, jobs, licenses, drug habits, awakened status, rap sheet, maybe material links, so on, so forth, it has a literal identification number. If you're born to two well-to-do parents, you'll get a SIN depending on what theirs are (Corporate Limited, National, whatever). If you were born SINless, you can apply for one with really anyone you feel like. You'll need to provide things like proof of where you were born and go through all of the legal paperwork, but at the end of it you're considered a citizen. Most SINless in the sixth world remain that way because they can't afford to apply for a SIN, don't qualify for one or don't want one.
>>
>>52103456
And like >>52103451 pointed out, if a company or government office or whatever really wants to employ you and you're SINless, they might arrange a SIN on your behalf. This is how most shadowrunners retire into the easy life.
>>
>>52103451
Conversely, the Sioux Nation will assign SINs to awakened fauna.
>>
>>52103137
Yeah but I don't want it to fall apart after a few sessions. I already took the base rulebook to have the binding replaced and it's now sewed.
>>
>>52103879
It's shit like this that keeps me sticking to digital references. It's harder to look at, but you've got automated searching and you can fit every book on a chip.
>>
Whatever happened to birthright citizenship? Like, stateless people who were born in the US are a big thing in Shadowrun, so you'd think someone would explain how they became stateless.
>>
>>52104166
If you're born to SINless, poor or criminal parents, you might just never get registered.
>>
>>52104166
Birthright still exists, and pretty much anyone born to SINners is guaranteed a SIN. With extraterritoriality being such a big thing, citizenship from being born on soil will vary heavily between nations/corps (and you can bet your ass few will support dual citizenships).

Crash 2.0 in the 2060s damaged the Global SIN Registry, effectively vanishing millions of people from polite society regardless of birthright or criminal record. This is a fairly common background for 4e/5e shadowrunners: former wageslave or criminal that was "liberated" from the system when their old SIN was destroyed.
>>
>>52103902
True but it really tires my eyes and it's not the same without a physical rulebook at the game table.
>>
>>52094873
Allow priority only for humans and elves, STT for anyone else.

Problem solved.
>>
yekka, on the Build Summary tab, when you hover over each option the descriptions are based on chummer 4 I think, since they mention BP and the costs on them are not related to the ones you can change. This is happening in Sum-To-Ten and Priority.
>>
any awesome character generator for 5e?
>>
>>52100324
Unless your party has an Adept, in which case it's basically the equivalent of saying "Yeah, just reroll."
>>
>>52105553
Chummer5
it's in the OP
one of the developers posts here as !yekka
>>
>>52105553
Chummer5, on the op there is a link.
Or HeroLab, if you are a raging homo and desire the inferior software.
>>
>>52105583
which is why BC should be lesser on adepts.
Fluff it as "Because their abilities focus mostly on their own bodies they take less mana from the manasphere and are thus less debilitated by less or more mana"
>>
File: 1436495494982.jpg (101KB, 689x805px) Image search: [Google]
1436495494982.jpg
101KB, 689x805px
>>52097461
>How are public exposure laws in shadow run when your skin is a case-mod? "Ma'am you can have nipples showing in public" "Oh yeah?" *removes nipples*

>>52102115
if you look carefully, you can see the tape residue on the glass from multiple applications. The guy is a dedicated right wing asshole and they aren't that often. You know he would never sell that RV because in his mind, that RV is a billboard of true statements.

The politically retarded/mentally ill are funnier than fuck, which is why most young people who vote for trump actually voted for him. It's got to suck being a republican right now with trump in office.

I could easily see a fucking dragon getting elected next term. Hell, one guy ran his cat in the election and it didn't do bad in the polls.People will vote for anyone.
>>
>>52105608
Or just tell your players to not be niggers with mages, and if they decide to break that rule, they realize that the NPCs are fully capable of exploiting anything they can do too.
>>
>>52105583
>>52105608
Or you just do the thing rules for background counts never quite get around to; allowing background counts to act as aligned for any of the things they can aspect to. It takes them from blanket penalties over an area to effective astral terrain features, forcing a shift in awakened tactics.
>>
Other than enchanced/customized str/agi, what else should I have in cyberlimbs? Is it worth putting enchanced/customized str/agi in a torso?
>>
File: 1438996582304.gif (2MB, 298x300px) Image search: [Google]
1438996582304.gif
2MB, 298x300px
>>52104209
god that would suck to have your entire identity wiped out. How would a normal wage slave recover his SIN?

IRL the IRS declares a hundred or so people legally dead every where and its almost impossible to reverse that, but you can still go on owning a house while legally dead. If you're suddenly SINless due to random bullshit can you still keep your corp job or even your car?

>pic unrelated unless it some how actually is
>>
>>52105729
>Is it worth putting enchanced/customized str/agi in a torso?
Depends on your GM. Some will make them part of the average, others will not give them attributes at all. Some use them as a sign that your physical limit should be calculated by your four cyberlimbs without your meat attributes.

>>52105742
>How would a normal wage slave recover his SIN?
There was a period in which you could reapply for a SIN.
>>
>>52105767
>a period in which
so they just stop offering that back to you? No hotline you call to get it back? Seems like it might be a fairly common thing to accidentally forget a dude's SIN once a day in your national database.

>>52105729
become inspector gadget
>>
>>52105588
>>52105590
Shit fucking github confuses me as fuck.
All I find are sourcecode and not the Chummer5
>>
File: how 2 chummer.png (50KB, 1173x617px) Image search: [Google]
how 2 chummer.png
50KB, 1173x617px
>>52105794
>>
>>52105791
Governments and corps are hesitant to give out SINs. SINners have rights and that costs money to uphold. Its much easier (and cost effective) to just forget about them. Afterall, a person who can't hold a job, can't vote, and has no steady income isn't a person who your administration caters to.
>>
>>52105833
Ohhh thank you sir. :D
>>
I've got a character concept a player wants me to bounce off you guys. Gnome character either born into Evo or immigrates to it because it's easier than living pretty much anywhere else. Demonstrates enough medical skill to get picked up for CrashCart HRT, gets trained in first aid and combat and all that juicy stuff. Ends up having to deal with most of the matrix threats the team comes across because stronk logic score. Gets assigned to actually lead a team, the run goes fucking horribly. Super-plat celebrity client dead, half the HTR team dead, all on her operating floor. Gets lucky enough to only be fired, decides to steal a cyberdeck, pay a few forgers to erase her SIN and break bad, running the shadows as a hacker surgeon. How bad is this shit on a scale of 1 to 10?
>>
>>52105859
hesitant to give out SINs must be why everyone already has one unless they slipped through a crack
>>
>>52105859
>. Afterall, a person who can't hold a job, can't vote, and has no steady income isn't a person who your administration caters to.
You are literally turning taxpaying citizens into people who don't pay taxes. That is, on the whole, a bad thing.
>>
>>52105974
You also turn a person getting social services into a person that doesn't
apparently the corps save more in social services than they lose in taxes
>>
>>52105930
>"everyone"

>>52105974
Taxes? Corporations already run all the services and sell all the consumer products.

They have their own people. Already brainwashed. Already controlled. Practically isolated from foreign influence, in private enclaves and corporate arcologies. They don't need random uncontrolled elements added to their plans, and when they do need selected uncontrolled elements, shadowrunners get abduction jobs.
>>
>>52106065
>"everyone"
I did include "unless" in the sentence
>>
>>52105608
Or get the Adept Centering metamagic.
>>
>>52105919
Not that bad personally. The only change I would make, instead of getting fired I would make him run away on his own before Evo can even find out what happened.
And the second thing, is a reason to run in the shadows. Your guy has a lot of options on what he can do, and he knows how to do it. Why going into the shadows, instead finding a job with a competitor, opening his own business or anything else? Running is expensive, dangerous and requires a good mixture between stupidity and bravery, but desperation can supplant them for a while, but not permanently.
>>
>>52106001
What social services? This is a cyberpunk dystopia. Tax people and spend the money on the military or corporate subsidies.
>>52106065
The govt takes what, 15% of your income if you aren't a corp sinner? That's a good motive to keep as many normal sinners around as possible.
Also, assuming it's like IRL, if you have dual corp/ucas citizenship, you still get taxed, even if you never leave corp property.
>>
File: tumblr_omg7argDHF1skr4hwo1_1280.jpg (729KB, 880x1250px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_omg7argDHF1skr4hwo1_1280.jpg
729KB, 880x1250px
>>52105590
But Herolab has automatic note tooltips that mean you never have to open the book~
>>52104912
Yeah, fuckery from before my time that I never got around to fixing, aside from that one time before I started using source control and replaced every instance of BP with Karma. That was a dark, dark week.
>>
>>52105974
>You are literally turning taxpaying citizens into people who don't pay taxes.

Two Crashes did a majority of that. But of course corps and national governments do their fair share of SIN burning. But these "accidents" are not easily rectified. Or rather, they cost money to fix. Money that any megacorp, government, or other administration with the power to pass out a SIN will weigh against the potential gain of making that dirty troll, or that woman with five kids, or that homeless man into a productive member of society. SINless in Shadowrun are the in-universe equivalent of illegal immigrants. Demonized, generally frowned upon, persecuted if found, and a liability to upstanding citizens and honest taxpayers. I'm not making this a /pol/ thing by the way. I want to establish that now before this thread gets derailed.
>>
>>52106121
There isn't much of a difference between the tooltips and just checking the books. You usually need to have half the sourcebooks open to check every single stupid rule on them until you say 'fuck it' and you give up on the hope this system will start making sense and add another line to your long list of houserules.

Also
>paying for software
>to play a cyberpunk game
For shame.
>>
>>52106104
>The govt takes what, 15% of your income if you aren't a corp sinner? That's a good motive to keep as many normal sinners around as possible.

Government taxes income and most SINless don't have a pot to piss in. A vast majority of them survive in literal post-apocalyptic conditions, scavenging and growing whatever food they can in a windowsill or on a community farm.
>>
>>52106104
>The govt takes what, 15% of your income if you aren't a corp sinner? That's a good motive to keep as many normal sinners around as possible.
A welfare payment is still a welfare payment. It's even worse if they're living on the fringe of society (where the SINless tend to be kicked to) and don't actually use electronic transactions for quite everything.
>>
>>52106202
>A welfare payment is still a welfare payment
This is a cyberpunk dystopia. Welfare isn't a thing.
>>
>>52106250
Government services still exist. Megas and governments do have to at least pretend they give a shit about its citizens to keep people working to maintain its bottom line/administration.
>>
>>52106270
>Government services still exist
Sure, but they've been privatized. You just pay Ares a flat fee and then they run everything for you.
>>
Is a cyberweapon a viable main weapon? Or is it more of a hidden backup for when its needed?
>>
>>52106250
Yeah ... no. Welfare is a thing.

http://shadowrun.wikia.com/wiki/Renraku_Arcology

>SCIRE became ACHE - Arcology Commercial and Housing Enclave. The five-floor mall has been reopened to the public. The underground levels which house the Arcology's fusion reactors remain under the control of the UCAS military, while the highest floors remain sealed off. The 200 floors above the mall have become a massive public housing project, home to 150,000 residents on welfare as what some have described as a "voluntary inmates of a gigantic self-contained low-security prison".
>>
>>52106337
A melee one? It's as viable as any other melee weapon.
Guns? Not so much for primary, since if you want to be a main gun to be an Assault Rifle, if you are a Sam. They are good for secondaries and backup, and if you are a secondary combatant.
>>
>>52106337
Really needs more specificity.
>>
>>52106065
>isolated from foreign influence
there is plenty of foreign influence even in a corporate encology. You've got fuckers from one national office coming in to another all the time.
>>
>>52106511
1. No you don't.

2. If it's from the same corporation, it's not foreign.
>>
>>52106143
>not a /pol/ thing
>its a real life logic applied to game's fluff logic thing
It's not a /pol/ thing at all, it just seems weird that it's not an easily rectifiable thing. I don't understand how it could cost money because sharing of a person's information is so easy it's embarassing even today. So in the future it'd be a cake walk to just spend half a minute compiling a dude's entire life to re-make their SIN.

>>52106511
when its a megacorp that owns 30 other corps in a nation, its difficult to define what is "foreign" and what isn't, especially with international extraterritoriality involved. You've got a German, a Jap, a Mexican and an American from all different corners of this company sitting in a lab designing drone rotors...
>>
>>52105833
Anon, no. He can either figure it out or fuck off.
>>
>>52106583
I agree, but my hatred for Github and their shitty "Social network for programmers" bullshit is greater than my hate for retards.
>>
>>52106579
No one person has the ability to assign a SIN (save for corporate execs and high-level government security). Getting a SIN is a process. Your application is one of untold millions being processed. In this process your file will be checked, double-checked, and verified to ensure you aren't actually a felon and that you are who you say you are. But it can be rejected for any reason whatsoever including misfiled paperwork or the guy in charge of processing your paperwork just not liking your metatype. The wait to even receive a rejection notice could take months and then you're back at the tail-end of the queue at the SIN Registry Department again. And this is for just getting the government to acknowledge you as a person. Trying to nab a job with a corp without having at least a National SIN already is next to impossible.
>>
>>52105729
In arms: Armor, Cyber-implant weapons, Fingertip Compartment with Monofilament Whip.
In legs: Armor, Skates/Skimmers/Hydraulic Jacks, (Large) Smuggling Compartment
Honorable Mentions: Biomonitor, Nutrition Storage System, Waste Storage System, Sensors
>>
>>52106758
Seems like it depends more on the actual Corp getting it done. Multiple corps have AI that handle a ton of background tasks in exchange for being allowed to live in an awesome server.
>>
Does anybody know whats up with those errata the shadowrun team were doing? Are they done yet? Can i download them anywhere to paste in my printed books?
>>
>>52106964
>Does anybody know whats up with those errata the shadowrun team were doing?
AFAIK they are still at it
>Are they done yet?
Nope
>Can i download them anywhere to paste in my printed books?

>CGL
>Not selling you the corrected books to replace your old ones
what a joker
>>
>>52106964
They probably are saving most of the errata for a revised reprint. Because Lofwyr isn't the only money-grubbing lizard.
>>
If you have a sin from one nation, and you do all your running in another, what will the other nation be able to learn about you from your sin?
Also, do the Knights of Malta still exist in Shadowrun?
>>
>>52107495
I like you
>>
>>52107495
National SINs are pretty much globally visible. They function as as your Visas/passports when abroad. Your SIN contains all information about you including where you are from, where you have been, and where you are going, and where you are allowed to go. If the locals don't like what you are up to they can just as easily identify and detain/deport you as the police back home.
>>
>>52107975
Awww.
What about unrecognized or semi-recognized nations, like North Cyprus? Is your sin only valid in Turkey and North Cyprus, or do you just not get one?
>>
>>52108043
You still may or may not have a SIN, and if you do chances are you are going to be on a few no-fly lists and you may not be welcome in a few places.
>>
>>52108043
The Nation or Corporate may or may not recognize your SIN, in those cases you won't be allowed into the Nation/Corp broadcasting that SIN. If you'd broadcast that "illegal" SIN, you'd probably get in some serious shit.
>>
Anyone know of any good gear or gear mod related homebrew?
>>
>>52107975
It is worth noting that all the data gained via your SIN is routed through the country/corp of origin, who will keep as much data about to to themselves as possible. They'll send your name, licenses, birthday, etc on over, but your biometric samples, academic record, resume, top secret intelligence file data, etc. they keep for themselves, unless otherwise persuaded.

Knowledge is power, why give any of that up?
>>
>>52108666
The only one I have is this:
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1l7Vdne1mtu7pS-iyL2FTSGBLTRpNGJI5tdhc-gqS-xQ/edit#gid=1654478492
>>
File: UQ2vEIm.gif (1023KB, 500x465px) Image search: [Google]
UQ2vEIm.gif
1023KB, 500x465px
So I'm being a bit of a powergaming asshole and decided to learn channeling and ally spirit metamagics.
Basically I'll design an ally spirit to be the perfect possession enhancer and keep most of the control over my char through channeling.

What powers should I give the little fucker? Let's assume I have as much Karma as I want, since I can retroactively add more powers by changing it's formula
>>
>>52109265
Smack your GM until he's groggy enough and foggy on the rules, so that he agrees to let you take Wealth.
>>
plot point: Two boxers have a magical awakening simultaneously, the match gets out of hand, a large portion of the city winds up getting cratered as the battle continues.
Is this a good problem to throw at players mid-run?
>>
>>52109575
The chance that two random individuals within arms-reach of each other Awaken at the same time with that level of power is too good to be true.

So tell me Mr.Johnson, how much do you want to pay us to stop the Force 14 Free Spirit from toying with mundanes and causing massive collateral property damage?
>>
>>52109575
You're not going to find any Awakened who can crater large portions of the city by themselves just by having a boxing match with each other.
Being Awakened doesn't turn you into a comic book superhero; it gives you extra abilities but one solid bullet will still pop you dead just like anybody.
>>
>>52109673
Anon, a Troll PhysAdept is fully capable of oneshotting the walls to a nuclear blast bunker with his dick.

Bull SHIT you can't leave craters.
>>
>>52109708
yup, because that means that build is very effective against walls
and not much else

A mage capable of leveling a city must be a MAG 14 Combat Spec mage at worst
>>
>>52106338
These are homeless people that have or gained SIN's by applying to live in ACHE or perhaps got them when they were re-issuing SIN's after the Crash 2.0.
People with SIN's can get whatever shitty amount passes for welfare in the Sixth World, but the vast majority of impoverished in Shadowrun are SINless.

This way governments can say they take care of their poor while not actually being legally obligated to do so and technically telling the truth.
>>
>>52109757
All that adept needs is the ability to punch and the ability to have Smashing Blow
>>
>>52109708
Actually, no.
A GMC Banshee vehicle has a Body of 20 and an Armor of 18, and the Body part comes not from it's durability but it's sheer size.

How high a Body rating do you think a building has?
>>
>>52109575
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't awakening usually a really traumatic experience and would surely stop you from continuing a fight?
>>
>>52109708
A "small apartment building" requires 75P worth of damage to demolish.
Maybe you'll be taking chunks out of walls you hit, but nothing special beyond that. This isn't a Dragonball simulator.
>>
>>52109837
Not always. Sometimes people don't even realize that it happens.
Your powers don't just pop into existence at full strength either, you actually have to train them and improve them like any other muscle.
>>
>>52109837
You know what happens a lot during traumatic experiences?
FIGHTING.
>>
>>52109669
>>52109673
>>52109837
What if they awakened at like 16 magic?
>>
>>52109888
It sounds a lot less like you want an opinion and more like you want something you've already decided to be confirmed by other people.
In which case you don't need to be on here to ask the question.
>>52109901
Nobody does.
Not even Immortal Elves STARTED as powerful as they are. Which by the way is around as powerful as an IE is. So yeah; unless the two people who Awakened were literally as powerful as the most powerful non-dragon spellcaster examples we have....
>>
>>52109901
Not possible
You can awaken with a maximum of MAG 7 (and even that is so rare with awakened that you need a special quality for it)
For normal awakened to get a MAG rating of 7 or higher you HAVE to initiate
Only great dragons reach that level
and Dragons work with Mana for their entire life
>>
>>52109952
>>52109941
>both boxers were secretly dragons
>>
How do drugs that raise things like agility work with cyberlimbs?
>>
>>52109941
>16 is the highest
The Clutch of Dragons from SR4, page 136.

Harlequin is officially statted as having a Magic of 30.
>>
>>52109970
You mean both were secretly Great Dragons
Because the elder western dragon in The Clutch Of Dragons had MAG 14
>>52110010
Don't affect the stats of the limb
If you take kamikaze and have a 6/6 Limb it stays a 6/6 limb
>>52110017
sure, but Harlequin didn't awaken with it. He's simply old as fuck
>>
>>52110054
Guess I'll stick to Jazz and Cram then
>>
>>52110017
He didn't start that way, it took like eight thousand years or however long he's lived.
>>
So, how the fuck do drakes work?

Are they dragonish lizardmen?

Do you turn into a tiny full dragon?

Are they overpowered? Underpowered?

Is there a way to play one without being a faggot?
>>
>>52110173
>So, how the fuck do drakes work?
badly
>Are they dragonish lizardmen?
>Do you turn into a tiny full dragon?
Nope, you have two forms, one metahuman form and one dragon form, which is AFAIK somewhat but not extremely bigger than a normal human
>Are they overpowered? Underpowered?
Underpowered. They cost a shitton of karma
>Is there a way to play one without being a faggot?
nope
>>
File: 1484954974670.png (621KB, 699x694px) Image search: [Google]
1484954974670.png
621KB, 699x694px
>>52110173
(I can only speak about 4e)

>So, how the fuck do drakes work?
Badly

>Are they dragonish lizardmen?
No, but true drakes sort of are?

>Do you turn into a tiny full dragon?
Basically. You are effectively a miniature dragon with much less cool powers

>Are they overpowered? Underpowered?
Sort of both? If you were to simply tack on the drake quality to an already built character it'd be pretty sweet, but the ridiculously high cost makes it really not worth it, mechanically. Aslo RP wise you'll get a lot of shit.

>Is there a way to play one without being a faggot?
Not really. But you can embrace being a faggot
>>
>>52110244
>>52110242
So if you wanted to do something like a Troll Drake from the Black Forest of Germany that wanted out from anywhere near Lofwyr, would this just be retarded, or is there a way to make this at least relatively playable?
>>
File: tumblr_of790xBk3a1vnb5w5o1_500.jpg (182KB, 408x579px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_of790xBk3a1vnb5w5o1_500.jpg
182KB, 408x579px
>>52110281
Can work, but to be realistic, I'd give them the Wanted and Records on file qualities. Golden Snout really likes collecting things. Things like you.
It's mostly an RP thing to make it work. If you and your group handle it right, I don't see why it wouldn't work.

Other than that, you'll take a big BP/Karma hit from the drake quality which will sort of cripple you if you dont build your char around it.
Of course if you play with a very laid back group and GM, being sub optimal wont be a big issue.
>>
>>52110368
Especially if the GM allows for a number that's above 5 karma, but below 'all the positive quality karma you can have.'
>>
>>52110368
To add to that, a Troll western drake adept can be such a tremendous melee monster that you may break the game.
>>
>>52110399
>>52110368
Tbh I'd be happy if I can just get a fire breath attack, but I don't know a way other than Drakes.
>>
>>52110691
Fancily described Fire Burst spell? The drain code's a bit of a pain, but the sustain duration and area make it kinda work.

Just remember that it won't hit what you can't see.
>>
>>52110691
Implanted Squirt Gun with Surtr?
>>
>>52110869
Drain code and the 1 per combat turn thing make it fucky to use.

>>52110895
The fuck is Surtr?
>>
Does Redliner add to base agi and str or limbs as well?
>>
>>52111189
>He doesn't know Surtr
Oh boy
This is the stuff Winternight used at Crash 2.0

>Surtr
>Vector: Contact, Inhalation
>Speed: 1 minute
>Penetration: 0
>Power: 10
>Effect: Physical damage (special)
Developed for interdiction purposes by Zeta-Imp Chem and stolen by the Winternight cult to use in their doomsday plans,
surtr is an aerosol vector nanoweapon. This hard machine system is designed to remain airborne for up to 30 minutes on micropropellers
(while in this state it is vulnerable to strong winds and dissipation will reduce Power at the gamemaster’s discretion).
While in suspension, surtr appears as a cloud of reddish dust. When it comes into contact with organic
tissue, its internal and external membranes collapse and its deadly payload of exotic chemicals mix.
These chemicals react with water molecules in cells, acting
as accelerants. The result is spontaneous combustion of living tissues, burning the victim at
temperatures up to 500 degrees Celsius. Treat surtr damage as Fire damage (p. 164, SR4A) only affecting organic tissue at
first (though burning tissue may ignite other materials).
>>
>>52111377
I'm confused how this is a fire breath, worth using over a normal flamethrower, or why it's relevant?
>>
>Cybercombat + LOG [ATTACK] vs INT + Firewall
Could someone please clarify me as to what exactly it means by 'Atribute [Matrix Attribute]' in matrix actions? Does it mean that I use my LOG combined with my deck's Attack attribute, or do I use one in place of the other?
>>
>>52111527
technically it's a fire breath in that it is a breath weapon that sets things on fire (With technical limitation that the thing has to be organic)
>>
>>52111556
your LOG + Attribute, limited by your matrix attribute
>>
>>52111574
But it's not a breath weapon. It's fired from a flamethrower or similar thing.
>>
>>52111527
It's like flamethrower fuel except instead of napalm it's incredibly stable; it lights NOTHING on fire except for your target, can't blow up on you accidentally and you don't need a giant jug of it to do the job; load a spray bottle with that shit and use it on random people and you get instant spontaneous human combustion.
>>
>>52111598
well if implanted machines are out, then no. Don't know any way to get fire breath
>>
>>52111643
except become a drake of course
>>
>>52097553
You doubt the cyber dong? From CF 79:

"CYBER GENITALIA
Available for both male and female parts, cyber genitals might well be considered a cyberlimb, but doing so
opens the door for a lot of uncomfortable discussions.
Available in a wide variety of colors, textures, and sizes, cybergenitals have almost entirely been phased out
by modern biotech and genetic treatments. Still, there
are those who enjoy the mechanical benefts that only
battery-operated devices can bring, and to them I say
thank you.
> You won’t fnd more loving care spent on cybernetic
neuro-sensory receivers anywhere.
> Plan 9
> Some people take it too far. I mean, endurance is one thing,
but nobody wants a jackhammer near their tenderbits.
> Kat o’ Nine Tales
> I could tell you about a guy I know named Mr. Porcupine,
but you can probably connect the dots on this one.
> Stone"
>>
File: 1424307917664.png (40KB, 142x165px) Image search: [Google]
1424307917664.png
40KB, 142x165px
>>52111588
Thanks anon!
>>
File: 95b63c34412403.56cf60974104c.jpg (1MB, 1920x3187px) Image search: [Google]
95b63c34412403.56cf60974104c.jpg
1MB, 1920x3187px
Out of curiosity, how could one build an actual cyber-pirate? One that can hack your shit then slash your face.

Also drone crew might be nice but not mandatory
>>
>>52112203
What edition?
In 4e that's easy: Make a fighty pirate. Give him a good commlink with a high rating agent
In 5e I don't think it's possible to be good in both
>>
Are you guys happy with the recoil system? I wish it had some way of having a free number of shots per action phase. For instance, someone with high strength, body, skill, and a good weapon with recoil compensation should be able to fire one round per action phase with no penalties indefinitely. Literally forever. It's silly that if you do something very easy a certain number of times in a row, suddenly, your aim starts getting shitty.

Also, I don't like that firing more rounds doesn't increase damage. What, you can't hit more than once per burst?
>>
>>52111699
In the pic I wasn't sure if it was supposed to be a cyber-dong or a bulging esophageal (or other digestive organ) replacement.
>>
>>52112462
>Also, I don't like that firing more rounds doesn't increase damage. What, you can't hit more than once per burst?

They did this in 4e and it was awful.
>>
How long could an air-horning MLG pro sniper type survive in shadowrun?
I'm wondering how many sessions this adept will live.
>>
>>52112353
>>52112203
The best way is similar to how you give any decker (and some Technos) a combat boost.

The Arm of God. But in this case you're less likely to put in a gyro and instead more Str.
>>
>>52112462
>Also, I don't like that firing more rounds doesn't increase damage
It technically does, since a lower defense pool will generally translate to more hits.
>>
>>52112589
GOOD point!
>>
>>52112353
>In 4e that's easy: Make a fighty pirate. Give him a good commlink with a high rating agent
In 4e, my gm is the type of player that only builds characters with 25 dices in one pool and scraps in everything else so an agent might not cut it since he assumes every decker ever is a a min-maxed monster
>>
>planning on introducing some of the darker elements of the setting like HMHVV and crazy ass wizards with disease and radiation spells
>next session I run will feature a feral loup-garou as an encounter for my players
>they really don't know how to play for shit
>i am trash at making balanced combat encounters

help me /srg/, youre my only hope
>>
>>52112815
What Edition?
What Archetypes?
Why "don't know how to play for shit"?
>>
>>52112883
5e
Technomancer - knows how to do his bit well and little else
summoner/mage - decent grasp of his mechanics
bioware sam - has run 5e before but doesn't know how guns work
face - new player, next to 0 combat ability, hasn't put in the effort to try to learn the game
infiltrator - newer than the face, decent at combat, has no fucking clue about anything

my biggest question is how to into the loup-garou and make it challenging but not necessarily tpk territory.
>>
>>52111643
Chemical gland, exhalation spray, and pyrophoric natural chemicals.
>>
>>52113141
Have them find a hunter's camp, complete with disease oozing body of the hunter. Got good notes, suggestions on what he was going to do in the fight (with some drones as back up, so suppressive and auto-fire for anyone that has a gun capable of it), and just enough rounds for each player to have some.

The crazy wizards killed the guy, so putting it on an outside, non-loup enemy means that the team shouldn't be likely to disregard the plans.
>>
File: limbs.png (15KB, 200x490px) Image search: [Google]
limbs.png
15KB, 200x490px
Anything I should add? Plan to add a torso and skull when I can. I know its not going to be great, but my GM isn't the sort to expect us to all play minmaxed so I can probably get away with something that just works
>>
>>52113886
Do you need the hand razors and enhanced strength? You have a shock hand; you could go with a monowhip or something else, instead of relying on strength at all. Ask your GM if you can use the sub-rule they only figured out in Chrome Flesh, where having the same cyber melee weapon in each hand gives you +1 Reach.

>cyber finger pistol
It's a 6P SS one shot pistol. Get something better. Preferably a cybergun, but finger grenade is also viable if you have Throwing.
>>
>>52113886
Why Skates instead of Skimmers? If you are going full borg, you need the cool gadgets.
>>
>>52114006
Guess I don't, should I keep strength in legs for sprinting? Or should I be fine for that?
>>52114132
Cheaper for now, was thinking I could probably change it later
>>
>>52114178
>Cheaper for now, was thinking I could probably change it later
They're also quieter, if that matters.

>should I keep strength in legs for sprinting?
Are you expecting to be sprinting much, when you as fast as you are just running?
>>
>>52114132
>extendable skates

>not cool

You are not 80's enough for this game, please leave.
>>
>>52114249
>skates
>cooler than jetpack legs
Omae, onegai.
>>
File: 1487400480561.jpg (353KB, 1252x1800px) Image search: [Google]
1487400480561.jpg
353KB, 1252x1800px
>>52114429
>lame ground-effect putputters instead of awesome street blades

Insufficiently radical.
>>
>>52113645
I might have to try something like that, thanks.
>>
>>52115350
You may also consider having a weapon or two lying around if somebody doesn't have burst fire or nobody is capable of Suppressive Fire.

Or have it in a drone (which doesn't have the targeting autosoft because the guy was planning on using it directly or something.)
>>
If I have no initiative improving cyber/bioware and no magic, are drugs my best bet to increase initiative?
>>
>>52110017
Magic of 30, and a disclaimer reading "He's got more, he just isn't going to use it".

Rhonabwy in 2e only had like 25 magic. Statting greats/IE's is stupid, given how hard Shadowrun breaks down at high levels. A regular dragon should have 12 magic if it's straight out of the wyvern cocoon, sure, and then somewhere between that and 40. Otherwise all the idiots running around with magic considerably gruntier than your average dragon is pretty silly.
>>
>>52116326
Its your only bet, aside from taking the Lightning Reflexes quality.
>>
>>52109265
Go see the karma cost for an ally. It's gonna take time.
>>
>>52114429

>Not having rad cyberskates
>Not lacing your armour with special, light-up string that changes in colour and intensity the faster you go.
>Not calling yourself A Bloody Glorious HatePuck

It's like you're not even trying to be radical.
>>
>>52116335
Actually, I just got my ED books out. No direct stats, but given his feats in the sixth world: 15th circle lightbringer, at least a 10th circle swordmaster, and a 10th/11th circle wizard. For comparison, 10th circle wizards are capable of an ersatz resurrection and they go clear to 15. So, yeah, statting them is stupid.
>>
NEW THREAD

>52116620
>52116620
>52116620
>>
>>52116620
>>52116620
>>52116620
Thread posts: 329
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.