[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Paranoia

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 4

File: images (27).jpg (10KB, 235x215px) Image search: [Google]
images (27).jpg
10KB, 235x215px
Alright fuckers. It's time for a Paranoia thread. What stupid shit have you done or witnessed in Paranoia? What are some good ways to fuck with your players?
>>
I was in a game where a player (A) was brought by another player (B) to say hello to Friend Computer and to 'report in' on a glorious success the team made and A's generous contribution.

What he didn't know, was that Player B actually recorded what an actual disaster the real event was, and called the computer, saying he had evidence of treason most foul and a cover up lead by it's ringleader, who'd appear on screen shortly to incriminate himself by attempting to spread false information.
>>
>>52086848
kek
>>
was in a game that wasn't pure Paranoia, but the GM was inspired by the gift of the core book I gave him.
We were supers sent to break a supercrook out of a European prison. Everyone fitted with a collar that would prevent them from using their powers, and would shock us if we weren't polite.
any time a guard asked us how we were doing, we had to answer "fine, how are you?" no matter what the circumstances.
3 sessions real time, 6 months game time we were in prison, playing like our collars worked like everyone else's (ours were fakes). We search for the super we were sent to get, turns out to have been a precog, who died a week before we got there. Knew we were coming for him, had the info we needed hidden in a solitary confinement cell. My character is the only one in the group with any experience in prison, but the only one who doesn't get sent to solitary. Others all found notes in their cell from precog, telling how to get me into solitary, I'm the only one he trusts with the info.
Hijinx ensue, as I'm the only one in or out of character who doesn't know he has to go to solitary.
Get sent to solitary as everyone else follows the precog's plan.
Get knocked out. My split personality wakes up in the cell, he is the one the precog trusts. He finds the info, and decides "well this has been fun" and stages a break out. EVERYONE escapes.
Rest of the team goes mental. We all flee in separate directions to safe houses we have set up.
Once at my safe house I dump the info in the mail to my home address, and go help round up escaped crooks.
Encounter local heroes, surprised to see an American helping out (even if he IS getting his ass handed to him) Tell them I heard about the escape, came to help. By this time I'm seriously injured, and they ask if I need a healer.
Reflexively respond "I'm fine how are you?"
>>
Man, Paranoia was the most fun I've ever had with tabletops.

Is it the system itself or is it up to the DM's skills?
>>
>>52086552
> What stupid shit have you done or witnessed in Paranoia? What are some good ways to fuck with your players?
You need UltraViolet clearance to access that information, citizen.
>>
Stick the briefing room up a Blue corridor when the players are Red clearance. Yes, they could simply ask The Computer for permission to enter the corridor to get to the briefing room, but I have never, ever seen that happen. Instead they shoot each other, push each other on the corridor (and shoot them) ask the computer for termination vouchers... I've had TPK before the adventure has actually started. Great fun.
>>
>>52088790
Definitely the GM, the system only helps with the flow of the game. With a bad GM, it's awful.
>>
>>52088790
The game only needs one guy with a good sense of humor.

That guy must be the GM.
>>
It seem fun. Does anyone have a PDF?
>>
Yes.
>>
>>52091113
Thank you, Anon the Kind!
>>
>>52088016

Awfully nice of that supercrook to leave you that information before he died.
>>
>>52089028
It sort of happened to my group once. We were red clearance and needed to access an orange clearance area. While one of our group was attempting to repaint our path so that it matched our clearance level another got us was able to get us temporary orange clearance.
>>
>>52091113
thank you kind stranger. im dming first time soon paranoia, any tips?
>>
>>52091931
I'm sorry citizen you do not have the proper clearance level for tips.
You look disappointed, have you been administering your mandatory stimulant injections or are you a communist conspirator?
Please respond with your yes/no response into the muzzle after the blast.
>>
>>52091931
Your campaign will go of the rails. If it doesn't within the first session, your doing it wrong.
>>
File: HotDAML.jpg (7KB, 161x121px) Image search: [Google]
HotDAML.jpg
7KB, 161x121px
>>52091113
Well done, citizen.
>>
File: ds_wall.jpg (206KB, 1920x1200px) Image search: [Google]
ds_wall.jpg
206KB, 1920x1200px
>>52086552
>Recorder
>Machine Empathist
>Mining Machine
>Electro-Zweihander
I may or may not have stopped my crazed team leader from committing a horrible atrocity against our great Friend Computer.
Modifications had to be made to the camera and the zweihander.
Do not ask why the Mole Machine now seems to snarl at passerbys, repairs had to be made after the Team Leader had disabled it, imparing the mission.

As for this mission, it was a radical success! We have breached the ethereal realm. However, unless specified otherwise, you do not have the proper clearance for a full debriefing.

All you need to know is that the synapse has been completed, and now our good Friend Computer can be with us everywhere we go, even when we close our eyes! Have fun and be safe fellow operatives!
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.