[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/tg/ creates a setting while OP takes a nap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 3

File: 1488185871895.jpg (130KB, 930x1600px) Image search: [Google]
1488185871895.jpg
130KB, 930x1600px
I'm eager to see what you autists come up with while I'm gone. I'll start you off with this,

> The setting takes place centuries after a mysterious catastrophe destroyed a futuristic civilization.

Pic related.
>>
>>52081478

The surviving remnants of mankind were forced to retreat to environmentally secured areas to survive the biological fallout and any human venturing outside has to wear specialized environmental suits. Mankind still has to go outside cities because some resources are only found there, and the wilds are filled with hostile mutants and monsters.
>>
>>52081478
I veto the start and now this is a setting about sentient duck wizards in prehistoric times.

Their religious chant is "Opee Izah Tremen Dousfa Gott"
>>
>>52081519

These environmental suits range from patchwork rags and makeshift breathing apparatuses, to bulky and cumbersome astronaut-type suits, to futuristic skin-tight nano-weave suits with an efficient scuba-like breathing mask, to ancient, colossal mechs with enough artillery power to decimate a city block, and everything in between.
>>
>>52081937

Since everyone who has money will invest in a good suit unless they're totally sedentary inside the settlements there's now a huge suit fashion/design industry which people get rich off of.
>>
File: mememan.jpg (5KB, 250x237px) Image search: [Google]
mememan.jpg
5KB, 250x237px
>>52082019
Stop samefagging
>>
File: 1488376005754.png (375KB, 763x960px) Image search: [Google]
1488376005754.png
375KB, 763x960px
>>52081916

Fuck that, this is turning out well.

> Due to the harsh and inhospitable climate beyond the cities, Cybernetics are extremely popular. Unfortunately, most of the natural resource deposits needed to produce them have been exhausted, and the only place to get them is through scavenging. Folded pretzels of copper wiring are the most popular currency.
>>
>>52082019

But only a few truly get filthy rich. Leading designers fight out on the catwalk and in the alleys. Removing any competition to monopolise this market.
>>
>>52081519
>>52081916
>>52081937
>>52082019

gay shit im deleting this because

1. dont like it
2. cliche as shit
3. i have the power lol

anyway starting this over because of three gays above me

>>52081478
setting world: earth or maybe not! earth

>mysterious catastrophe
aliens wanna rollback humanity for reasons
>so what do we havE???
guys come out of sleeping chamber bunker things to discover that their world is now a sword and sorcery world with iron age men and sorcery (futuristic tech that survived), ruled by individual alien warlords
>>
>>52082083
>3. i have the power lol
eat my dick, duck wizards are cool
>>
>>52082046

He/she/it's not samefagging, I posted that shit.

> Black powder firearms have regained much of their popularity, due to their high lethality, ease of manufacture, and rugged durability. Most of these lead-slingers are made of futuristic, space-age materials.
>>
>>52082083

Why would the aliens rules as individuals, when one ship in the atmosphere is all that's needed to control a midevil population.
>>
>>52082074
>>52082076

Unfortunately this made it really easy for the aliens to invade without anybody noticing.
>>
>>52082083

Fuck you, I liked the earlier posts better. But, hmm...

> The cataclysm that ended the futuristic civilization was caused by alien drones sent to terraform the world, to be colonized when the alien fleet arrives in a few centuries.
>>
>>52082120
those are other invasive aliens that are less advanced than the aliens who downgraded human civillization. think of them as vultures, or flies, they see low tech humanity and go "haha time to land and make my own empire ;-)"
>>
>>52081519
>>52081937
>>52082019
>>52082074
>>52082076
>>52082083
>>52082119
>>52082120
>>52082152
>>52082162

Why don't we just combine this all? The aliens rolled back humanity by sending drones ahead of their slow-as-fuck fleet to terraform the world to be colonized and mutate humanity into a useful slave race. Luckily for humanity, their futuristic cyrogenics bunkers and their most heavily defended cities were able to survive mostly unscathed. In the centuries they've spent in space and on earth with no contact with the aliens, the drone's AI has malfunctioned and developed, making some of them want to experiment with creating new ecosystems and body horrors, (source of the monster and mutant species), and others want to use their OP futuristic tech to rule over humans as deities, but there's only a few drones so most cities are free and controlled by humans, and a few kept doing their jobs like they were programmed to do. Most of the monsters and mutants are just indigenous flora and fauna on the alien's home planet.
>>
>>52082393

Sounds like it could make an interesting setting if done right, but fuck OP i'm going to write my own about futuristic fashion-designers shanking each other in street brawls.
>>
>>52082471

I feel the same, I'll probably start a thread in a few weeks to post what I come up with.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.