[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Horizon Zero: tg

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 338
Thread images: 29

How would you go about running this world /tg/? Mind with an emphasis on the dismantling of your enemies and careful prepartion to not die a horrible and painful death to a snapjaw.
>>
>>52079527
You'd want it focused essentially on hunting. Things for stealth, tracking, precision, etc. Add in ways to use elemental vials and craft stuff and you've got a good baseline.
>>
>>52080262
to go off this, the relationships between the tribes is defined by their relationships with the machines.
>>
>>52079527
You can't mount all mech
>>
I do think Horizon could make a really good traditional game. For what looked like just another open world game with a nice aesthetic, the depth of worldbuilding and story was really good.

However I'm honestly not sure what systems are out there which could really capture the tone of the world. I mean, you can default to a generic system I guess, but it's always better to find something directly appropriate.

I think I'd prefer to make my own bit of the setting though. One of the other Cradle sites with its own tribal cultures surrounding it.

I'd use it as a chance to have a plot about finding surviving fragments of Apollo, because its destruction made me more angry and frustrated than any of the other tragedies and atrocities in the game
>>
>>52079527
The biggest problem of an RPG version of HZD is the biggest problem with Horizon's narrative - The seperation from what we know is technology and a scientific mindset from the religious and spiritual influences that the in-game characters are meant to feel.

Many characters come off as stupid and petty because they believe that many of these things going on are magical and the work of deities, while the plot revolves around the main character (and us, the players) knowing that it's machines and robots that can be dissembled, reprogrammed, rebooted, &etc. That these gods and goddesses are AIs from ancient times trying to do their work still.

The best example for actually making it work would probably be Numenera, where the divide of technology and magic is so vague and the post-apocalypse is so far-flung and strange that even the players should be confused and not have an implicit bias about working on things.
>>
>>52080778

I think you can trust players to keep the IC/OOC distinction pretty clear. Although I might just be one of the lucky bastards who has good players I could trust to do that. Idiot proofing/preparing for the worst case scenarios is an important part of design.
>>
Was gonna say, if you can keep things seperated it'd be stellar. That said the system would need to be fast and loose for the most part. I ccan see tearing armor off being based around mechs havingDr tthat can be lowered by weapons witha special trait(tearing)
>>
>>52081087

I'd move away from the idea of emulating exact mechanics, at least at first.

When moving between media, you need to focus on the theme, tone and style of things. Capture the essence rather than struggling to copy-paste details which might not make the transition.

With the combat, for example? Horizon's component destruction and status based combat is all about rewarding planning, precision and knowing your enemy. You'd be better served in focusing on those three aspects in building an RPG combat system, rather than shoehorning in vidya mechanics that don't create the same effect in an RPG setting.
>>
Bump?
>>
>>52080605
I bet Faro just wanted to avoid people remembering him, funny that most of the history that did survive is about how much he fucked up.

on crunch ide recomend something resembling the FF 40k games for damage values, called shots and such
>>
>>52083868

My god, Ted Faro is just the fucking worst. Out of all the assholes in the game I despise him the most.
>>
>>52083868
I could see that working make it so armor on each part can be ripped off or something?
>>
>>52079527
Announce I'm going to do it and then have everyone lose interest a week later cause someone's running a zelda game with the exact same theme
>>
>>52079527
>retarded numale trash

No fucking thanks
>>
>>52084522
excuse me? what does this game have to do with that?
>>
>>52084547

For the kind of person who makes a statement like that, things like evidence or rational thought aren't really a factor. Best to just ignore them.
>>
>>52084547
>he asked from within the comfort of his ironic red flannel shirt, thick rimmed glasses and shitty beard
>>
>>52084578
I think you've become obsessed with fighting invisible, non-existent enemies, out of a desire to have genuine conflict in your comfortable first-world life.
>>
>>52084547
>Muh strong female protagonist
>Muh evil white male literal devil
>Muh men are either retarded or evil
>Muh mudslime hijaab good guy scientists who saved 'humanity'

It's thick with it.
>>
>>52084578
I'm in my Pajamas right now, need no glasses and plan to shave tomorrow
>>
File: virtue signalling level expert.png (83KB, 663x862px) Image search: [Google]
virtue signalling level expert.png
83KB, 663x862px
>>52084562
>>52084604
>numale mad as fuck
>>
>>52084604
ignore him, /v/ has bit shiposting anything Zero Dawn Related out of a perceived resemblance to progressive for the sake of progressive ideas
>>
>>52084617
MUH WAAAAAAAAH
>>
>>52084626
Delicious lack of argument.

Wallow in your own tears, neckbeard.
>>
>>52084635
>everyone is /v/
>everyone is /pol/
>everyone in the world disagrees with me
>everyone in the world is the problem, not me

I've got bad news for you.
>>
>>52079527
Ironically enough, Savage Worlds would work quite well. You'd need some random tables for the kinds of loot you can find from from the robots, but besides that it's all there.
>>
>>52084662
>terrible setting nobody wants to play
>terrible system nobody wants to play
match made in heaven
>>
>>52084682
if you hate this game so much why are you here?
>>
>>52084661
You're not wrong, but you're still kinda making a mountain out of a molehill. It's a fun game with a meh story and a great setting. Since this is /tg/, only that last part is important.
>>
>>52084691
Because clearly this thread is purposeful viral marketing by the feminist anti-fa jew in order to destabilize masculinity and ensure the genocide of the white race.
>>
>>52084691
Wandering around the internet looking for things to be upset about is a depressingly common hobby these days.
>>
>>52084711
>fern gully
>great setting
lol you fuckin' retard
>>
>>52084741
Shouldn't you be watching Sargon's or Shoe0nHead's latest videos and all of the other outrage-spewing machines that align with your political views?
>>
>>52084741
Dude, Fern Gully is the shit. Plus there are aspects of Bionicle and Sand Still Stay Silent, which are also the shit.
>>
File: Trolls_by_Whynne1[1].jpg (86KB, 420x698px) Image search: [Google]
Trolls_by_Whynne1[1].jpg
86KB, 420x698px
>>
>>52084617
there's literally an off color joke that SJWs would easily describe as homophobic.

There's a sidequest where a fat butch merchant woman asks you to find her husband and Aloy says: 'You? A husband?'
>>
>>52084711
I dunno, the setting's pretty dumb too. It's pretty, that's about it.

I mean, it's literally just the setting from Numenera with fewer nanomachine clouds for instant 'magic' effects. And people have been shitting all over that. Why are there still new robots being built to function as weird elephants? Why does everyone venerate and worship these things when there are people like Aloy who can go in and get the right equipment to scan and understand things and have the right mindset for hacking and systems use.

It's like 40k without the grim-ness as far as technology goes. Only magic bows that destroy metal instead of chainswords.
>>
>>52084768
>assblasted virtue signalling retard tries his best
>>
>>52084874

You'd actually know if you did the slightest bit of research.
>>
>>52084874
It is like Numenera, yes, but a lot more down-to-earth and easier to wrap your head around. It also has a much more primitive feel than Numenera.

Also, all of that stuff actually is explained. Oh boy is it explained.
>>
>>52084365
>Horizon Zero Dawn is this year's Kingdoms of Amalur Reckoning
I really hope you're wrong.
>>
>>52084737
I'm sorry man, my idyllic life doesn't let me get upset at real stuff I can interact with and it's hard to keep caring for the starving kids in africa because they just keep making more.
>>
>>52084874
>>52084920
>Verizon: Numale Dong is exactly like Nu Men Era

You heard it here first
>>
>>52084991
Yeah, let's go and play manly games for true men, like D&D and Pathfinder.
>>
>>52084991
you just want to talk about eating penis

don't hide it you dirty minx
>>
>>52084991
They're exactly alike, just like how SAO and Log Horizon
I.E. one of them's good/okay and the other one's utter shit.
>>
>>52080778
I personally just can't gel with Numenera. It's too anachronistic. I find it much easier to imagine being a tribal worshiping giant robo-dinosaurs than being... anyone having to deal with a bizarre world filled with transdimensional, time-warping and psychic phenomena all at once, with the weird explanation of "it was all caused by technology in the distant past but now it's magic okay."

This feels more believable and I'd be able to suspend my disbelief a little easier, rather than deal with the mishmash of clashing sci-fi themes that makes up Numenera.
>>
>>52085104
Numale Era sucks ass but that doesn't mean that chipmunk face: zero quality is better. What a fucking piece of shit
>>
It's a sad day when some people will shit on a game with robot dinosaurs. I mean, come on, what happened to your inner child?
>>
>>52085104
It's more like Horizon just puts everything into focus because you can see it. That's Numenera's greatest failing - They didn't put things into good enough context.

Just add in magic on top of Horizon and it's basically the same setting, there's more robot dinosaurs but there's no reason that Numenera can't be all about robitt creatures like that because it's so schizophrenic with the tech. The Goddess and Demon AI's that are feuding for stupid reasons is straight out of Numenera, and the tribal people's "We don't know what it is so we worship it and sometimes it works out for us" as well.
>>
>>52085146
if you have nothing positive to contribute would you kindly fuck off?
>>
>>52085252
it got dragged out and shot by cynicism and bitterness
>>
>>52085257

Don't reply anon, trolls feed on any attention, good or bad.
>>
>>52079527
am i the only one who wasnt interested in this from the get go?
>>
>>52085257
>You have to leave if you don't agree with me
WOW it's as if you really are a numale parasite
>>
>>52085272
I can't comprehend having that little to do in life
>>
>>52085253
Nonetheless, my issue with Numenera is that it's so schizophrenic and it doesn't convincingly feel like magic. My experience with Numenera has just left me frustrated because everyone seems fully aware that what they're using is technology but they just don't understand it. It loses the appeal of primitive thinking and just enters the domain of willful ignorance. It doesn't feel fantastical and wonderful at all. It's just a melting pot of sci-fi junk that doesn't know what it wants to do with itself.

Adding any more complexity to Horizon would ruin it, I think. If you want to add magic, just have Focuses be a little more common, require a great deal of specialization rather than ease of use and give them more versatility when it comes to interfacing with the remains of the Metal World. Hell, Sylens is pretty much your stereotypical wizard with no clue about right or wrong.
>>
>>52085303
Of course not, the game is an obvious pile of shit with an utterly retarded premise
>>
>>52085345
got anything constructive?
>>
>>52085425
I could save you 3 hours by suggesting you not play this bad playstation game
>>
>ITT: /tg/ just can't stop taking the bait
>>
>>52085461
I can't help myself, it gets boring while waiting for the mods to wake up and purge the thread of our unfriendly neighborhood /v/irgin.
>>
>>52085473
>everyone who disagrees with me is part of a negative subgroup because I can't rationalize being disagreed with

kek numales never change
>>
>>52085483
Note: in this whole thread, he hasn't actually _denied_ the fact that he's /v/ trash.
>>
>>52085473

You can't always trust in the mods, and you shouldn't rely on them. Avoid replies, ignore and hide their posts, focus on actual constructive discussion instead.

For instance, while I like the ideas expressed in this thread, of using locational damage and called shots, I don't think it's a perfect solution for replicating the tactical, precise combat of Horizon.

If you're always rolling called shots, in most systems that means you'll be taking heavy penalties to aim and missing most of the time, which is no fun, and your 'precision' effectively just becomes your ability to roll dice.

I feel like a different combat paradigm would work better, instead of trying to represent nitty gritty details look for a broader approach of how to value precision, planning and forethought in an RPG combat system.
>>
>>52085522
>hey guys want to talk about a video game on /tg/
>anyone who doesn't like this video game is from /v/

Being this numale must be terrible
>>
>>52085525
there still would need to be rules in place for shooting off weapons to use against them
>>
>>52085580
>maybe if I reply to my own posts someone will believe that I'm having a conversation and join in
>>
>>52085572
>still no confirm/deny
so it IS bait!
>>
>>52085580

Not focusing on discrete called shot rules doesn't mean you can't have that though.

I don't like FATE that much, it's too mechanically light for my tastes, but some of the principles it uses might apply here. Along with attacks let people take actions to create advantages/exploit vulnerabilities, with those actions giving mechanical bonuses to future actions other players can take.

While the GM might plan in advance a few specific status weaknesses or components that can be removed, the cool thing about an RPG is that people can be flexible.

Hmm... The knowing your enemy side is tricky though, since in RPGs fighting the same enemy repeatedly isn't fun. I guess it could apply to classes of enemies? The GM might slightly change things up every fight to keep it original, but if you fight enemy x and exploit y weaknesses, the GM declares if the same ones are present on a current enemy, giving you a place to start.

Checking for weaknesses could be another useful action you could take, aside from attacking.
>>
>>52085619
so finding weak points could be more of a strait buff then a called shot thing
>>
>>52085619
>numale ps4 game
>numale posters
>immediately go full fatefag
people of color me surprised
>>
>>52085656

Something like that, yeah. Legends of the Wulin also has some ideas that could be appropriate, although it's the wrong type of system overall.

In addition to attacks and defences with your primary combat stats, you can also create Disrupts and Disorients, debuffs you inflict with skills rather than stats.

I could see the same approach working well. Combat stats/skills are mostly what you expect, but while you can debuff/expose weakness/take advantage etc with your primary combat stuff, using a skill to do so might actually have advantages or get better results. And promoting creative skill application is always a plus, it feels good to figure out how to leverage your characters capabilities in fun and interesting ways.
>>
>>52085525
I don't see why you can't just treat them as separate targets instead of as called shots.

Penalties to called shots work on the assumption that you're targeting vitals to specifically to cause a separate effect instead of normal battle damage, like attempting to blind by attacking an eye, or attacking the limbs to disable.

Since the robots don't have vitals in the same sense that organics do, instead being able to damage hardware, just treat each target area as small sub-enemies that you're dealing damage to. Allow players to study parts of defeated enemies to learn about and understand how their circuitry and structure work, so that they can attempt to target more vulnerable areas.

Alternatively, make combat less about targeting with bow and arrow, and more about trapping areas, ambush tactics, and exploiting static programming subroutines. Armour isn't something to be shot off while dodging charging dinos, it's what you lever off of its foundation with spears when the robot is partially stuck in a pitfall. Removed weapons don't become one-off tools to use in an upfront confrontation, they become the materials to build fortifications and more advanced traps.
>>
>>52085671
How much practice do I need before I can bait that good?
>>
>>52084920

I'm running Numenera these days and I know what you mean about the primitive feel. I made a point of explicitly at the campaign start dialing back the social development level to something more classical, say the Greek citystates, than the weird feudal pastiche they've tried to force.
>>
>>52085734
>>52085758
>>52085821
>he's still replying to himself a bunch
Just go away
>>
>>52085340
See, that's my problem with Horizon. It's completely obvious what the technology is, and the only character you really get into - The main girl Aloy - is also aware of it. She's aware that this is a door and that's a scanning technology and this is how you hacking and stuff, which imho was a mistake. Because you and the viewpoint character look into things with a scientific viewpoint, it makes everyone else just look like an idiot or a problem instead of making the tribesmen seem like they're in the presence of what must seem magical to them.
>>
>>52085837
The annoying thing is that the devs actually brought this up in development, and said fairly frequently that they wanted to make the viewpoint of Aloy and the other tribesmen differ drastically from our viewpoint, in that the people in-universe should treat all of the robots and technologies as if they were naturally occurring animals and phenomena, only with more weapons and different behavior patterns.

Then they dropped the ball that they announced to everyone that they'd be picking up.
>>
>>52085837
>>52085874

I mean, from my experience of the game this is how the tribesmen do treat them, for the most part?

The only people who don't are those chosen by the 'Gods', directly gifted with ancient and lost knowledge to see things differently. It all fit together pretty nicely to me.
>>
>>52084617

I love how I only have a basic understanding of the main plot, but know most of this is either exaggerated or completely made up:
>devil AI doesn't even have a humanoid form, let alone gender or race
>"let me filter out every male character except the main villain subordinate and the CEO from the past and pretend this is true" "oh let's also ignore all the female characters who are also stupid and WORSHIP A DOOR AS A GOD(DESS)"
>one scientist in a team of many

At least complain about that horribly written in-universe news articles, bad animations, flawed character design, uninspired game design, or something that's actually a problem with the game instead of making shit up to get angry about.
>>
>>52085890
The problem is that the viewpoint character is one of those chosen.

Think about the Assassin's Creed games. In reality, most of the doctors back in Renaissance Italy were retards peddling shit that would kill you quicker than the disease they were attempting to treat. However, because the viewpoint character trusts their judgement and believes they're competent, they appear to be competent to the player, until you overhear them talking about their new lead and mercury mixture.

If a modern doctor were the viewpoint character instead, the player would probably end up with a very dim view of renaissance medicine after some chucklefuck in a plague mask attempts bloodletting on a patient who was anemic or plops some leeches on a guy who was poisoned.

It's pretty similar here. Aloy is gifted with the lost knowledge while everyone else is still a primitive, and as a result it appears to the player that the other tribesmen are all retards, because the player's perspective of the society is out-of-whack from what's 'normal', filtered through the lens of Aloy being mentally not too dissimilar to someone in modern times.
>>
HZD rings like a dimestore YA novel to me.
You've got an emphasis on worldbuilding, the main pride of those kind of novelists and where most of their passion goes, and story that is strung together from tropes that appeal to teenagers. The main protagonist is hypercompetent and special somehow from birth, her main challenge in life is having to deal with ignorant adults that care too much about rules and she's too different from other people her age to make a connection. These things have been used for ages for akward teens to identify with fantasy and scifi protagonists and give them endorfin shots every time they do something cool.
I'm surprised Aloy hasn't been made out for a Mary Sue yet, although I guess video game protagonists are 'supposed' to be winning at everything they do.
>>
>>52086109
It just sucks ass, no need to overthink it so much.

"What if we made a copy of that new tomb raider but then we put in some robots from michael bay's transformers but the twist is that they are shaped like wildlife and since they are wildlife then you gotta hunt them with a bow because bows were in the new tomb raider but since they are robots you can also hack them with your bow because it's a hacking bow"
>>
File: e26[1].jpg (86KB, 500x628px) Image search: [Google]
e26[1].jpg
86KB, 500x628px
>>52086155
>>
>>52086186
>he's mad that the "inspiration" for this shitty game is so obvious

Don't play bad games and you won't keep having this problem
>>
>>52084617

Also

>the co-protagonists are a mysterious post apoc scientist who discovered HADES and a valiant black guy who's the son of a black female war-chief

Funny thing though there's no mention of the black son's father :^)
>>
>>52086232
don't you have anything better to do?
>>
>>52086238
Are you really surprised that white women (and the "men" that think like them) are the most blatant unironic racists on the planet?

Whatever kiked-the-fuck-up "man" or woman wrote this trash blatantly wrote is as a self-insert power fantasy too.

"sure there's big black powerful female AI who was designed to fix the whole planet that EVIL WHITE MEN messed up but she needs MY help to do it and while i'm helping her I'm going to prove that I'm better than every single MALE I meet along the way!"
>>
>>52086360
I'd be surprised if an actual woman wrote this, that really reeks of an insanely beta male autogynephile anthony burch grade cuck who's furiously jacking off to the thought of a woman who proves how heroic she is by being barely competent in the face of adversity
>>
>>52085821
I actually wouldn't know how to run that kind of social development? How are people treated from other places? Are there still large cosmopolitan locations where many people of different city-states come?
>>
>>52086739
>maybe if I reply to my own post people will think I'm having a conversation

But then again, maybe not, right? :^)
>>
>>52086404

Like that cuck in-game, called ''Sticher'' or something who's all starry-eyed for the Stronk powerful woeman protag but too irrelevant to even find his place in the wiki.
>>
>>52086778
I wish I had that webm of the kid asking that my little pony doll to have sex with him and then crying as he gets rejected by it
>>
File: no this isn't shopped.png (73KB, 1877x349px) Image search: [Google]
no this isn't shopped.png
73KB, 1877x349px
>>52086765
Are you that fucking dense? I just got here, don't give a shit about /tg/'s opinion on a game, because like much of 4chan they're fucking wrong, or I can make my own informed decisions about something and not rely on total fucking strangers.

Perhaps my question suits a worldbuilding thread better, i'll go ask there and stop letting you masturbate over all the (You)'s you're getting.
>>
>>52086840
Should have payed attention to the IP counter faggot.
>>
>>52086846
>I posted on my phone now everyone who calls me out on samefagging is going to get rekt when I tell them to check the poster count
>>
>>52086859
>he thinks phoneposting using the same wifi will change the IP and not count it on the IP tracker.
>>
>>52086893
>samefag literally then goes on to mention that he turned off his wifi to make the poster count increase

Wow you're way too smart for me dude, damn. Well done. GG, no re, I know when I've been defeated.
>>
Why would I run a Horizon Zero game when I could run a Breath of the Wild game?
>>
>>52086930
Why run either when you could run into traffic?
>>
>>52086946
How far can you run into traffic until you're running out of traffic?
>>
>>52086911
>He thinks any samefag would go through that much effort to make a point, refusing to actually comprehend that of the thousands of users on /tg/, one saw this thread, opened it, read through it, found a post regarding a topic relevant to their interests, and replied to said post outside of any other context to the rest of the thread, and is now arguing with a numale cuck parrot troll to both pass the time and hope to get an actual answer to his question.

Yep. Ya got me, you're so fucking smart.
>>
>>52086946
But then i'd run into you.
>>
>>52086986
he knows dammit, he's just baiting for (you)s because he has literally nothing better to do
>>
>>52086986
>retarded cuck gets real mad and starts spamming his keyboard in rage because he got caught being stupid
>>
>>52079527

Kingdom Death with robots?
>>
File: Starcrash.jpg (384KB, 1062x1500px) Image search: [Google]
Starcrash.jpg
384KB, 1062x1500px
The setting for this game once may have been great, but the real thing is beyond pathetic.

I think this once started as a completely cheesy homage to 60's and 70's super-cheesy B'grade sci-fi.
I can see the pitch-line: "A clan of sexy redheaded amazons fighting robo-dinosaurs in the jungles of past-future!" Complete with the picture of a star-crash-style artwork.

And that could have actually been an amazing pitch. Self aware, crazy, fun, and in no way taking itself seriously, just embracing the cheese exploiting the nostalgia for more naive and less cynical type of fiction.

But somewhere down the production line, somebody fucked it up seriously. Somebody actually did not understand that it's an elaborate joke, or maybe feared that such joke would not resonate with todays dumb, cynical and oversensitive audience: somebody started turning the fun and silly premise into an actual attempt to be fucking serious.

And the product is one of the most cringeworthy pieces of fiction I've seen in a long time. It's so. FUCKING. AWFUL. As a story, and as a world, every single fucking second it tries to actually tell you something (and not produce just beautiful vistas) it's PAINFUL to slog through. Every single bit of the story is just completely incoherent absurd rambling desperately trying to lend some credibility to the simply SILLY premise. Every single major theme is clearly a joke that somebody is trying to make us serious, even fucking add a straight-faced political undertones to.
I'm completely baffled how people can even accept this. If this was not taking itself so painfully seriously, it would be fine. But with how stuck-up the thing is, it's unberable. And makes me wonder how can we be actually eating this kind of shit up.
>>
>>52087183
It really doesn't take itself too seriously; there's a lot of fun stuff in it. There's really not any political undertones, it isn't preachy in the slightest.

did you even play the game?
>>
>>52087266
he did, he seems to have wanted overt cheese rather then stealth cheese
>>
File: rance.gif (237KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
rance.gif
237KB, 300x300px
>>52080531
>You can't mount all mech
>>
>>52087279
Overt cheese doesn't sell anymore.
>>
>>52087362
I know, to my personal sadness, while I didn't find the plot the chore he did, it could have used a handy dose of raw shameless pulp
>>
>>52087279
I want fiction that is ballanced and feels consistent. I enjoy self-aware cheese and I enjoy completely serious works as well. What I don't like is when a game takes a purely cheesy premise and then incredibly clumsily attempts to play it entirely straight, because there was clearly a complete lack of actual creative direction to the work or integrity of the vision.
>>
>>52087266
>There's really not any political undertones, it isn't preachy in the slightest.
HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
>>
Out of all of the /v/ topics to shit on, nobody laughs at the faggots who willingly bought a NEXT GEN AAA FUURE GAME capped at 30 FPS.

Also, does the name ever make sense in context? It's 3 random words slapped together and I really wanna know if they somehow try to justify it.
>>
>>52087701
no it doesn't ever make any sense but despite that they do manage to force a character to say HORIZON ZERO DAWN at one point

pure cringe, just like the fanbase of this disaster
>>
>>52084547
it was made by developers with ties via DARPA and Monte Cook's secret penis eating cabal to the DNC. The pizzagate emails provide all the proof you need.
>>
>>52084776
>Fern Gully is the shit
>literal antiprogress, antihuman propaganda

Environmentalism is a weakness of the mind. This planet exists for us to use.
>>
>>52084920
>It is like Numenera, yes, but a lot more down-to-earth and easier to wrap your head around. It also has a much more primitive feel than Numenera.

i love to wrap my teeth around a freshly cooked penis head

t. monty cock, creator of numen era
>>
>>52087619
did you even play the game.
>>
>>52088076
Of course not, I could barely sit through a stream of that pile of fucking garbage let alone play the piece of shit.

That doesn't change the fact that it's an obvious numale HERsona fantasy though
>>
So what do we call the weird influx of /v/and/pol/ fags during the day? ligh/tg/ays?
>>
>>52079527
Degenesis
>>
File: oh you.gif (363KB, 200x200px) Image search: [Google]
oh you.gif
363KB, 200x200px
>>52088335
>numale redditor trash who's been samefagging his shit thread all night is about to reply to his own suggestion to name the real posters something retarded
>>
>>52088335
Parrots.

They squawk cuck and numale like they're fucking trained to for a cracker.

Come into the room and they won't shut up. Cuck! Cuck! Numale! Cuck Cuck!
>>
>>52088539
Awww, he's replying to himself again.
>>
>>52088553
Polly want a cracker?
>>
>>52088562
Awww, he's replying to me now.
>>
>>52088574
C'mon Polly! Say it for me!
>>
>>52088586
Hey, at least you gave up a lot quicker this time. Your retarded Nu Male Era thread drug on way the fuck too long
>>
>>52088648
Who's a good birdy?
>>
>>52085252
Some people need to project their cynicism everywhere.
Fuck, I remember a time where me and my friends would be dreaming of having a setting like this.
>>
>>52088651
kek
>>
>>52088659
Even when I was a kid I realised that the coolest shit was always what we were told was "evil".

Building shit and making shit and industry are cool but apparently we had to care about trees?
>>
>>52088659
>shit setting
>shit hamfisted political commentary
>shit literally black and white good and evil sides
>shit characters
>really, really shit chipmunk face protag with zero personality or redeeming qualities
>"ancient machines" gimmick that is literally the plotline of the new zelda game at the exact same time

face it chump, this shit sucks ass
>>
>>52079527
>literally a game where machines have more character than the tumblrina caricature cast

The game that really made me think
>>
>>52088718
>Opinions.

Not only did I play it, I enjoyed it immensely.

Go on about how my fun is wrong, I want to hear you whine parrot.
>>
>>52088718
Wow look, you just described every sci-fi setting ever.
>>
>>52088748
No, just this one. Feel free to be mad though.
>>
>>52088766
>lolumad
Upvoted, my good sir
>>
File: refugees in europe.jpg (372KB, 821x1328px) Image search: [Google]
refugees in europe.jpg
372KB, 821x1328px
>>52088779
>>
>>52088810
>Açores
>Diego Abela
lol

What am I supposed to be seeing here tho?
>>
Id adapt Tribe 7 from Dream Pod 9.
>>
>>52086739

Yeah. I think the biggest differences are economic structures. Like, in feudalism, the relevant concepts are land as wealth and who you serve. I'm working more on a level with commodity money, in this case packets of seeds and what are essentially batteries, and palace economies like in Mycenae or Egypt. Minor kings and tyrants abound, but complex structures of nobility largely don't. That sort of thing. Tech wise, the pinnacle of things not touched by the ancients is iron working, the number zero, basic astronomy (say, planet identification), the aqueduct, etc.
>>
>>52086238
>Funny thing though there's no mention of the black son's father :^)

It's a game marketed towards white people. Can't disturb their fee-fees with facts now, can we?
>>
>>52089534
What about cultural differences? How vast is the difference from one city-state to it's neighbour?

Would these differences be exaggerated depending on what technology of the ancients they had access to?
>>
>>52089534
>>52089607
>hey it's been a little while I think I'll start samefagging again

Fuck off retard.
>>
>>52089628
You're a pretty birdie!
>>
File: donald trump.jpg (159KB, 640x427px) Image search: [Google]
donald trump.jpg
159KB, 640x427px
>>52089633
>mfw he just comes right out and admits it's him
>>
>>52089668
Tweet tweet little bird!
>>
File: the don.jpg (171KB, 846x833px) Image search: [Google]
the don.jpg
171KB, 846x833px
>>52089679
>>
>>52085837
There times though she definitely doesn't like the first few fights with corrupters and hell look at the carja they're capable of knowing something's up. I imagine its more cultural momentum at his point. Also, I'm throwing my hat in and saying a game like Degenesis would actually work pretty solidly.
>>
>>52089695
Keep working for that cracker Polly!
>>
>>52088942
you know I hadn't even thought of that of that one. Part of me can't help but wonder if that's sarcasm though as no one but three people on the board know that game.
>>
>>52089607
If, the game is a good judge pretty fucking vast I mean just look at hte Oseram, Banuk Nora and Carja they're all pretty wildly different groups of people that especially in the Nora's case have been isolated for some time.
>>
File: died coke.jpg (222KB, 748x543px) Image search: [Google]
died coke.jpg
222KB, 748x543px
>>52089697
>>52089746
>>52089754
kek
>>
>>52089800
You know, I thought we had a couple months till summer.
>>
>>52089832
He's just embarrasing himself now.
>>
>>52089832
>why won't everyone stop pointing out that I'm responding to my own posts?!
>>
>>52089850
>everyone

No, just you, and you're so sadly wrong.

This is just depressing now.

It's been how many hours you've been at this?
>>
File: grin.jpg (35KB, 493x387px) Image search: [Google]
grin.jpg
35KB, 493x387px
>>52089889
>samefag starts projecting
>>
>>52089903
I'm sincere here.

How long have you been here, at this? How many hours now?
>>
>>52090035
>fuck people keep pointing out my autism
>calling them /v/ and /pol/ and gamergate didn't work
>samefagging for days at a time didn't work
>that retarded parrot thing didn't work
>I just can't post about numale shit games to myself without people telling me I'm autistic this is fucking bullshit man
>better pick someone who's making fun of me and tell them that making fun of me is sad

You nailed it bro. This is going to be the thing that works. I can tell.
>>
>>52090067
Then I guess ignoring you will?

I tried being sincere here, how you can't get it into your head that more than one person can actually be part of this discussion, or you did and are just fishing for (You)s which I really don't understand how you get gratification from that.

I mean, it's no inconvenience to me at all to reply.
>>
File: kek.jpg (43KB, 960x720px) Image search: [Google]
kek.jpg
43KB, 960x720px
>>52090099
This fuckin' guy right here man.
>>
It really depends on what you want to do with the game. Do you just want to emulate the world superficially or do you also want to implement similiar mechanics in the game to a ttrpg?

I don't see Numenera being a good fit for either. Horizon as far as I know takes place after the post-apocalype kind of thing. Numenera has had like 8 whole civilizations before it. It's gone through 8 apocalypses essentially. There is a large divergence there.
>>
File: 181 - NqQcWbf.jpg (232KB, 806x539px) Image search: [Google]
181 - NqQcWbf.jpg
232KB, 806x539px
>>52090153
>>
>>52086024
furthermore

she started as an outcast with nobody to talk to except Rost, that one merchant, and her Focus.

in the lack of other contact she may well have withdrawn into focus and whatever personal files might have been on it when she found it.

means she's vastly different AND may have other things to skew the character
>>
>>52090153
I'd also say mechanically it doesn't really fit well. Thematically as I mean yeah similar set-up and all but its a vastly different execution. Hell in a lot of regards the game's world has more in common with say a low-fantasy than anything else. What 'magic' that can be done is pretty rare and reserved to those who can exploit AI code but they can't just summon up nanite swarms either. For the most part if you're living in HZD land you're likely to know how to use a bow and someone with a focus might be never be seen in your lifetime. After all most people just think a focus is just a bauble that scrappers wear cause they're weird.
>>
File: the bog shill.png (261KB, 439x464px) Image search: [Google]
the bog shill.png
261KB, 439x464px
>>52090153
>>52090302
>>52090485
>>
>>52090302
I'm not gonna life when the game opened up I was rally worried she'd be obnoxiously edgy over the whole thing but, really as a character she's not bad at all. But I also enjoy a healthy dose of sarcasm in most of my POV characters so that probably helps.
>>
>>52079527
We say we're going to make a feminist game, then we die horribly because of the million pounds of cancer and AIDS inside of that idea
>>
>>52090485
So what sort of system would facilitate this sort of concept? Nothing high fantasy like Numenera or D&D. Spells and magic aren't really a thing, just the use of advanced technology by primitive people. GURPS maybe? But GURPS can do everything. Savage Worlds?
>>
>>52090591
Honestly my gut tells me Kartharsys the system used for Degensis it's got the right level of Grit really and can be readily fucked with. As it's D6 based it's got rules for things such as rummaging through ruin fields, preparing combat and decent enough crafting that could be further built out.
>>
>>52090591
I'd personally go with Degenesis.

It's a decent system, if a little punishing when it comes to combat. It's already designed around a post-apocalyptic world, the only issue is that maybe it's a little too heavily built around the world of Degenesis.

You'd probably need to spend a day or two rewriting some of the rules for cultures and cults, so that they fight the world of Horizon rather.
>>
File: 1451435065952.jpg (195KB, 1024x1448px) Image search: [Google]
1451435065952.jpg
195KB, 1024x1448px
>>52090637
>muh spitalian brother in arms.
>>
>>52090624
>>52090637
I heard about Degenesis, and saved the art, but I never actually got into the system. The setting seemed incredibly dense, and I find myself shying away from that kind of thing these days. Much rather have a basic setting or system that I can change as I want.
>>
>>52090680
The system is honestly nothing special its D6 pools based around stat plus skill. The big thing is the combat is inherently brutal it takes very little to die even if you're fairly well kitted. It's not honestly hard to rip the guts we need from the body and rebuilt it to our needs. I've toyed around with the rules in the past and the hardest part is doing the Class/cults which you need something to attach to. Which, handily enough this game does with the tribes.
>>
>>52089832
These people literally don't do anything with their lives so they can shitpost eternally.
>>
>>52090680
It is dense and the translation isn't so good.

But it's easy enough to fuck with once you're familiar with the system and you should be able to make your own cults and cultures with ease.

Cultures:
>Nora
>Carja
>Banuk
>Oseram
>Any foreign tribe you want to think up.

Cults:
>Warriors. Carja guardsmen, Oseram mercenaries and so on. Entirely devoted to combat and probably capable of taking more than a few hits.
>Hunters, for Nora braves and miscellaneous machine hunters. Focuses on survival and combat, with a specialization against machines and beasts rather than human foes.
>Scrappers, much like the original cult from Degenesis. Very good at salvaging and making useful things from piles of scrap. Maybe make a branch for more intelligent looter,s like Sylens.
>Scoundrels, basically a clone of the Apocalyptics in Degenesis. A whole pile of different social specializations, each with secondary features that come in handy.
>Shamans. Wise folk that possess a great deal of knowledge, likely capable of healing or providing information on a whole manner of things related to the post-apocalyptic world.
>Artisans, for craftsmen of various different specialties, whether they're Oseram tinkerers or Nora stitchers or whatever. Scrappers make stuff out of Metal World scrap, these guys make stuff out of more primitive, reliable materials.
>>
>>52090713
To expand the where Degenesis works is each character is built off three things, his Culture his cult and his sign(?). Cultures are just like what they sound like they're where your character hails from and ties him to a certain region and certain cults. Cults are kinda like classes but more so they're what defines your character and provide it with a network of like-minded fellows to work with certain cults are good at certain things. Your sign is one of 22 different concepts that embody the dominant trait of your character. The neat thing is you can progress before you set foot in the game in your cult and usually get some gear and tricks to play with starting out.
>>
>>52080778
>Many characters come off as stupid and petty because they believe that many of these things going on are magical and the work of deities

Have you ever heard, "any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic?" Even the Oseram, the community with the most technically adept people, have barely figured out simple circuits. Microprocessors, synthetic muscle, and radio *are* magic to them.

What concerns me is that HZD's combat is super-reliant on your equipment: which weapons do you have equipped (and which versions of those weapons), what are each of those weapons optimized for, and whether or not you have spare resources to keep the proper ammo for each weapon stocked.

Most games focus far more on the characters themselves than what they're carrying. The closest board game I can think of to HZD's gameplay is actually Kingdom Death: Monster, with its gear grids.
>>
>>52090836
Not a bad start really. I'd throw outcasts in as a cult honestly, as they seem to be a part of every culture in one form or another.
>>52090871
Kartharsys is also pretty equipment focused and also very much you need to pick your fights. and prepare if you're facing anything remotely dangerous.
>>
>he's goin' nuts
>>
>>52090895
Outcasts could fill in the Scoundrel section. However, one thing about Outcasts is that they come in all sorts of different shapes and sizes and they could specialize in all sorts of different things. An outcast could be an Aloy-style hunter or they could be a scummy grifter in Meridian or they could become a hardy mercenary, maybe even a scrapper that lives off the salvage of the Metal World.

But if we're simplifying things, sure, Outcasts could be made into a cult.
>>
>>52090982
Or maybe have scoundrels start as outcasts? its a little odd but most likely they were pushed to that way of life before anything. So they're cast out and then need to find theyre own way which leads them down the path of being well, a scoundrel.

Past that I can see it being the one constant class between all cultures, scoundrels come from everywhere where people like skilled hunters or shamans might be limited to say the Nora and Banuk
>>
>>52091026
Sun Priests, perhaps even the Sun King himself, could be counted as Shaman. Not sure if Oseram have any religious sorts though.
I'll admit that the Nora and maybe Banuk don't have any true warriors - most of their fighters are braves, who are more hunter than soldier.
But other than those two, all of the classes seem universal. Every tribe has some sort of hunter, some sort of scrapper (even the Nora, although they're usually outcast), some sort of scoundrel and some sort of artisan.
>>
>>52091099
I'd got like this personally:
Banuk:
shaman
hunter
Scoundrel
Artisan

Nora:
Hunter
Shaman
Warrior
Scoundrel

Carja
Shaman
Warrior
Scrapper
Scoundrel
Artisan

Oseram
Scoundrel
Warrior
Hunter
Scrapper
artisan

It obviously might need revision but this is purely off the top of my head. As much as they're artisans everywhere it seems like Carja and Oseram Artisans are THE artisans for example. And I'd say Yeah the sun-king is shaman same as the High Matriarchs they're the head of their respective priesthood castes.
>>
>>52091147
Do Nora stitchers not count as Artisans? What about the Carja huntsmen found at the various lodges?

I wouldn't place restrictions like that. I'd just use my own judgement when a player wants to make an Oseram shaman or a Nora scrapper. Make it clear that their character's likely to face all sorts of discrimination based on their choices.
>>
>>52091176
I forgot the Carja huntsmen actually like I said needs tweaking. But, again rather than have it be open season I'd say restrict it slightly. Yeah of course the Nora have people that make clothing but they're not artisans in the same sense as the Oseram or Carja are the same with their scrappers who typically are outcasts because they breached taboo. It's a matter of leaving it all open leads to more of a muddle and potential for game-breaking builds is all.
>>
>>52091215
If Degenesis doesn't stop people from being Frankan Scourgers or African Spitalians, I see no reasion why you should prevent far more logical combinations in a Horizon game that uses the same system.
>>
>>52091266
it does though last time I checked?
>>
>>52091306
It doesn't though, last time I checked.

There's absolutely no hard restrictions in place.
>>
>>52091320
weird I'd always assumed there was hard restrictions maybe that was just how we interpreted the rules I guess then you'd have a list of recommended occupations? My bad dude.
>>
>>52091266
So, I guess the next question is do we keep concepts?
>>
>>52091524
Yeah? None of those are really unique to Degenesis.
>>
File: 1275866637097.gif (700KB, 200x130px) Image search: [Google]
1275866637097.gif
700KB, 200x130px
>>52091524
>we
>>
>>52091663
Good point. So, what sort of ranks might be typical for a hunter? We more or less have two or three trees that can be built for it.
>>
>>52091704
Just think of the basic categories that a hunter might be needed for. What are their skills?
>Surviving in the wilderness and enduring the hardships of the wilds.
>Tracking animals, machines and people in the wilderness.
>Trapping and taking down both animals and machines first and foremost.
>Crafting basic equipment out of the basic salvage you find, rather than complex things.

So, obvious specializations would be:
>The lone ranger, see Rost. Primarily focused on survival in the wilderness, without any real links to anyone. Requirements are survival skills, rewards are probably bonuses to finding locations, gathering food and basic survival chores in the wilderness.
>Hunter's Lodge membership. You've got small social connections with other members of the Lodge and you're focused on trapping and taking down machines first and foremost. Probably requires bow skills and trap-making skills, rewards with more efficient trap-making and more powerful attacks against machines.
>Nora Brave membership, which gives you connections in the Nora hierarchy. This is probably a jack-of-all-trades, with a diverse set of requirements but also a whole bunch of rewards. Nora braves are probably the best trackers and the best hunters for taking down animals and humans. They have a little bit of the lone ranger's survival skills, a little bit of hunter's lodge machine hunting skills and a whole bunch of other benefits. Nora braves just strike me as being very rounded.
>>
Why not just type your shitty idea up on a blog instead of pretending that you're working on it with someone else?

Probably be a lot more efficient and it'll help us out because you'll be there instead of here.
>>
>>52091843
I dig it. One thing I'd say a lodge hunter might get is better ability To harvest components where as lone hunters might have some basic healing. One thing to note with the braves is they were dangerous enough make the carja give pause in the red raids. I'd say they're probably the most anti personnel of the trees. For shamans I can see possibly three or four trees for it.
>>
>>52091944
Sure, why not.

Most of it's pretty obvious. If you're genuinely interested in this, you can probably sit down and write this yourself over the course of a day.
>>
>>52091968
True but working in a vacuum can lead to errors you won't see till its too late. That said after I get back to where I can work on stuff ill probably start opening the basics and rules changes/new shit.
>>
>>52092083
One thing I'll plug away at is the machines at least the rules for taking them down, pulling off components etc.
>>
>>52092347
SOUNDS GOOD CAPTAIN NUMALE

KEEP US FUCKING POSTED
>>
>>52092430
What even is a numale?
>>
>>52092699
Someone who bears all of the negative traits of Wil Wheaton.
>>
>>52080531
You can. Since they are just robots without higher ai, emotion routines and skinlike sensors.

The only ones that cant be mounted are Gaia or Hades.
>>
File: image.jpg (120KB, 1280x620px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
120KB, 1280x620px
>>52080778
The funny thing is. Horizon is fantasy than scifi. Its like age of sigmar than 40k.

The overriding doesnt work this way.
Hades and his power doesnt work like technic.
Machines defy laws of physic.
Healing works like magic.
>>
>>52093562
>Healing works like magic.

You saying that in a genre where every PC can take three times their weight in bullets to the head as long as they occasionally take a beak to catch their breath.
>>
>>52093805
No the healing work like magic, you seek plant ingredients like a wizard.
I would even call the healing in RE7 magical.

If i would take design or mechanics in account, than i would write
Aloy getting her legacy
That she doesnt die after rost rescued her but suddenly is in the sanctum mountain
>>
>>52094326
Its called a narrative skip. Its assumed other Nora found her and dragged her to the matriarchs after the attack. Do you need a bib to eat or something?
>>
>>52093562
Im sorry do you want a game where you spend weeks of in game time laid up from broken bones? I didn't realize that it was so trying for you to have ya know game mechanics as for overrides who the fuck knows how that works as its a bit beyond what we can do right now. Its technology that we can recognize but fuck if we actually really could guess how it all works you honestly sound like the worst sort of spergy type of person.
>>
>>52094620
>Its called a narrative skip
I know, thats why i excluded it. And because her healing doesnt falls into that i wrote it down.

>>52095105
Im sorry that you dont have any reading comprehension skills.
I mean she makes potions as in fantasy, mate.
>worst sort of spergy type of person
Maybe, i just like to twist ideas and see how far ideas can evolve or maintain reality.
>Its technology that we can recognize
Still it follows laws of physics. And regarding the society can build huge killer robots, cloning devices, terraforming, replicators, make androids, higher AIs and make their own energy. There is nothing that explains some magical shit their technology does.
>>
>>52095503
Nanomachines? son
>>
>>52095900

Yeah, but let's be real here nanomachines are a cop out explanation

honestly >>52093562 is on the money, the setting is pretty soft scifi and has more to do with fantasy; nothing wrong with that, but it should save some autism later on down the line if we acknowledge it
>>
>>52095900
Good point. But than they could easily avoided the Faro plague.

>>52096025
My autism thanks you.
Thx
>>
>>52095900
that reminds me, I feel like we could look at other sci-fi works to get inspiration for an expanded bestiary both for GAIA terraformers and FARO Peacekeepers, Metal Gear Rising, Zoids, etc.
>>
>>52096025
True, At least for stuff like over-rides it definitely makes sense. Stuff like that becomes a skill set to use.

>>52096690
definitely possible.
>>
So, this is what I've got for culture as of right now?
Bear with me on all this yeah?

Nora: +1 Instinct, +1 Agility

Carja: +1 Faith, +1 Agility

Oseram: +1 Intellect, +1 strength

Banuk: +1 Faith, +1 Strength

Utaru: ???????
>>
>>52096715
as a world building premise i had an idea for the other sub AIs like Minerva and hephaestus developing their own identities, not in the same way HADES got hijacked by the glitch, they have their own values on what the world should be and lack GAIA's nonintervention clause, a sort of Digital pantheon.

Meanwhile without HADES the newly unearthed FARO war machines are just sitting there, waiting to be programed by anyone savvy and smart enough
>>
>>52096690
Well, consider that the pre-Derangement robots are designed to enable the terraforming of Earth.

Now, there's obviously much more efficient methods of terraforming than the ways they're using, so we'll need to suspend disbelief and go with their logic. For example, Striders are atmospheric converters, Grazers both sow grass and harvest it for energy that they distribute to other robots out in the field, etcetera.

So, for every GAIA terraformer, you need to decide a function it will perform either in the terraforming process or in maintaining the robots that handle the teraforming process. Then think of an animal form that suits that robot's function and voila, you've got a GAIA bot.

FARO peacekeepers are a little more obvious, since they just need to be highly efficient killing machines, without necessarily looking like animals. In fact, the more alien they look, the better.
>>
>>52089607

Well, I think that depends a lot on your assumptions about Ninth World humanity's origins. I'm treating the languages and cultural practices as not being all that divergent despite the wide expanse of geography as a hint to thinking players that the current human civilization has a single and fairly recent origin point (let's say 1500 years ago). I'm not sure they're picking up on that.

Of course, that also lets me not have to design cultures from the bottom up every time they move a hex, so there's that. And of course the local technological access and geography will play a huge role. I mean, people on a steppe are likely to be pastoralists and not farmers, etc, but a supply of automated plows could change that.
>>
>>52096830
Uh, you seem to be mixing up the attributes. Each culture starts with two attributes that they get +1 max to. These attributes are:
>Body
>Agility
>Charisma
>Intellect
>Psyche
>Instinct

So, I'd say:

>Nora
Agility and Instinct seems right.
>Carja
Faith isn't an attribute, I'd give them Charisma and Psyche.
>Oseram
Body and Intellect, Strength isn't a thing.
>Banuk
I'd go with Body and Instinct for these guys.
>Utaru
We don't know enough. As harmless agrarians though, maybe Instinct and Psyche or Charisma and Instinct would work.
>>
>>52096973
right right, I know that the Storm Birds and Glinthawks are air purifiers and Snapmaw's are water filtrators, Scrappers are scavengers to recycle downed machines, and we can assume GAIA picked animal forms not for efficiency but out of sentiment, and possibly a way of prototyping biom concepts while they repared the planet, but what purpose does the Thunder Jaw serve?
>>
>>52097091
>>52096859
and with all the dead Deathbringers and Corrupters around, even people that can't turn them back on can harvest weapons from them, anyone with a focus can hijack a corrupter override unit for their own use
>>
>>52096973
well one design that already strikes me is the Sky ray, like a big ass manta ray bot that passively overs in the sky, filtering the sky for toxins, spreading seeds and using remora bots to archive samples of the animals or germinate and spread new specimens like a mechanized encyclopod
>>
>>52097124
Bellowbacks, Sawtooths, Stalkers, Stormbirds, Ravagers and Thunderjaws are all post-Derangement killing machines.
>>
>>52097236
but we saw a thunder jaw when Rost was taking baby Aloy to be named, when the game proper starts she's 19 and the Derangement only happened 10 years ago
>>
>>52097124
One of the theories is that the thunderjaw sawtooth and ravagers are a reactionary re-design on part of Hephaestus due to increasing machine hunter activity.
>>
>>52097262
Well, unlike most of the other post-Derangement killing machines, it does have canisters attached to it. It could be that it was redesigned to be a killing machine after the Derangement? The earlier versions probably didn't have the ranged weaponry.

Just like the Watcher, it's based on bipedal dinosaurs. It could be that it was originally some sort of pack-defender robot, that kept large congregations of machines safe from human tampering?
>>
>>52097286
so they are effectively there to defend other machines, going with this >>52096859 idea Hephaestus would likely be pretty ticked at the humans and have little reguard for them, just his precious pets
>>
>>52097124
If we assume that there is a real reason why it uses animalistic robots instead of more efficient tracked or wheeled models (Or nanomachines, son), it might literally just exist to simulate an alpha predator in the faux-ecosystem.
>>
>>52097361
very possible, GAIA in one log noted sadness over the lack of megafauna even in the natural extinction, so she may have been working on that and using some machines as a sort of ecological filler, it's not like we see any mountain lions or wolves in the restored wilderness to predate on the pigs and turkies
>>
>>52097361
One important thing to mention is that there's a lack of any machine smaller than a human. If you want to fill niches in the machine ecology, focus on that.

You could have a long, mechanical serpent that acts as an advanced sensor that can get into tight, cramped areas. Perhaps a machine that simulates small burrowing mammals designed to deposit seeds or till the soil. You could also have different varieties of machine-fish designed for algae filtration and developing a health ecosystem in the water. Why not include long-limbed ape-like machines, designed for the purpose of navigating the forests of the new world and keeping an eye on the budding ecology? Perhaps have a few sinister machines that are pre-Derangement, designed from the start for the purpose of extinction. HADES needs his agents, after all.

There's plenty of options.
>>
>>52097503
so colonies of mecha termites/wasps, troops of tunneling mini rock breakers, Mastif like ape bots, as for the extinction units, I'm imagining a sort of blend of animal bot and military bot, think Gekko's and Grads
>>
>>52097599
Sure. Just remember that they're designed by a machine with some sort of purpose in mind, so none of the machines can be totally frivolous. Although they look funky and are probably not optimal at all, they need to have some reason for being made and something to contribute to either:
>Maintaining the terraforming process.
>Maintaining the terraforming machines.
>>
File: ScalpelCA[1].jpg (198KB, 680x908px) Image search: [Google]
ScalpelCA[1].jpg
198KB, 680x908px
>>52097693
so some sort of symbiotic cyber flea to clean out the junk that accumulates into the machine's workings maybe. or possibly some manner of solar powered reverse mosquito that act as battery suppliments

on the spectacular side there could be tortoise like machines that replant and carry young trees and brushes to more optimal locations, could call it the Groveback
>>
>>52097784
Sure. All of those work.
>>
>>52097784
the Terra Terrapin is a common motif in nature fantasy and should be abused to hell and back, these things should come in all sizes, from car sized garden movers to tallneck sized near saurpods, and aquatic foliage transporters alike
>>
posting inspiration

http://crazyasian1.deviantart.com/gallery/ not the same approach but could offer ideas
>>
>>52097101
yeah my bad, my memory's fairly fuzzy and my books are over at another chaps house. So I was running on what my memory could dredge. Faith is a skill if Im not mistaken now that I'm sitting here thinking.
>>
>>52097223
kinda like a flying tallneck then? In that it just kinda is there and fucking huge?
>>
>>52098581
yup, and some pretty remora bots and such flying with them
>>
>>52097101
For the Utaru I'd say Charisma and body? What about skills as I now see each culture also gets five of those puppies. For that matter what sort of skills might get changed?
>>
>>52098548
Yeah. Each culture comes with two +1 max to attributes and five +1 max to skills.

So, considering the skills in Katharsys are:

>Body Skills
Athletics
Brawl
Force (this determines how hard you hit with weapons reliant on your strength)
Melee
Stamina
Toughness
>Agility Skills
Crafting
Dexterity
Navigation (this determines how good you are at riding vehicles and steeds)
Mobility
Projectiles
Stealth
>Charisma Skills
Arts
Conduct (this determines social etiquette)
Expression
Leadership
Negotiation
Seduction
>Intellect Skills
Artifact Lore
Engineering
Focus (characters must choose between focus or primal to determine their ego points, focus represents how good you are at keeping your cool)
Legends
Medicine
Science
>Psyche Skills
Cunning (used for intuitive thinking and manipulation in any situation)
Deception
Domination
Faith (characters must choose either faith or willpower for their mental defenses)
Reaction
Willpower (characters must choose either faith or willpower for their mental defenses)
>Instinct
Empathy
Orienteering
Perception
Primal (characters must choose between focus or primal to determine their ego points, primal represents your talent at suppressing rational fears and letting your primal mind take control)
Survival
Taming

Which five skills would each of the tribes in >>52097101 get?
>>
>>52098803
Forgot to mention that Force is also used to determine a character's carrying capacity.

If anyone's confused about the definition of any of the skills, just ask.
>>
Okay as someone who couldn't play this game if they wanted to, the name has always bugged the fuck out of me. What the fuck does "horizon zero dawn " even mean?
>>
well its not perfect by any stance but pick it apart boys!

Nora: +1 Instinct, +1 Agility
Stealth
Survival
Faith
Projectiles
Orienteering

Carja: +1 Pysche, +1 Charisma
Legends
Faith
Conduct
?????
?????

Oseram: +1 Intellect, +1 Body
Artifact Lore
Engineering
Brawling
Toughness
Science(?)

Banuk: +1 Body, +1Instinct
Toughness
Stamina
Faith
Survival

Utaru: +1 Charisma, +1 Body
Stamina
Crafting
Medicine
?????
?????
>>
>>52098999
Zero Dawn is the name of a top secret science project that the game revolves around.
Horizon is... well, I honestly don't know that part.
>>
>>52098999
the title means "get gamers to be curious enough about the meaning behind the title to play the game and look for answers"
>>
>>52099007
I forgot to mention, Faith and Willpower always come paired as Faith/Willpower. There's no culture or cult that's only specialized in one.

Oseram don't seem science-based. Their tech is limited to tinkering, they're not interested in the science itself. I'm not even sure if they care that much about the lore of the old world, just about engineering. On the other hand, almost all Oseram are required to do a lot of heavy lifting and crafting's a big part of their culture too. I'd give them:
>Brawling
>Engineering
>Toughness
>Crafting
>Force

The Utaru are a sturdy, agrarian sort so I'd see them as having need to carry a lot. I'd give them Force as a result of them. Additionally, I'd probably see them as a soft, friendly sort that's good at making friends. Maybe give them Expression or Empathy? So that makes:
>Stamina
>Crafting
>Medicine
>Force
>Empathy

For the final option regarding the Banuk, I'd probably give them Perception.

And for the two choices for the Carja, they're pretty difficult. But I'm think either Domination or Cunning for the first and for the second, Reaction. They show themselves to have a great deal of force of will and I'd like to give them some sort of advantage in combat so that they don't lag behind the others - and Reaction's used for initiative, so It's a good choice for them.
>>
>>52099026
the zero dawn is on the horizon. c'mon dude, i didn't even play the game, but it's clearly saying that it's the start of the new age.
>>
>>52099195
It'd also make sense as their caste of hunters are called Hawks.
>>
>>52099219
>>52099195
So that would leave it as:

Nora (AGI & INS):
>Stealth (AGI)
>Survival (INS)
>Faith/Willpower (PSY)
>Projectiles (AGI)
>Orienteering (INS)

Carja (PSY & CHA):
>Legends (INT)
>Faith/Willpower (PSY)
>Conduct (CHA)
>Cunning or Domination (PSY)
>Reaction (PSY)

Oseram (BOD & INT):
>Brawling (BOD)
>Engineering (INT)
>Toughness (BOD)
>Crafting (AGI)
>Force (BOD)

Banuk (BOD & INS):
>Toughness (BOD)
>Stamina (BOD)
>Faith/Willpower (PSY)
>Survival (INS)
>Perception (INS)

Utaru (BOD & CHA):
>Stamina (BOD)
>Crafting (AGI)
>Medicine (INT)
>Force (BOD)
>Empathy (INS) or Expression (CHA)

Choices need to be made for Cunning or Domination for Carja, and Empathy or Expression for Utaru.

Any other changes that would be made?
>>
>>52099352
I'd say Empathy works the best as 'peaceful farm folk' and all that.
>>
File: carja_options.png (83KB, 260x626px) Image search: [Google]
carja_options.png
83KB, 260x626px
>>52099431
Got it. What about the Carja? Cunning or Domination?
>>
>>52099478
Cunning might make more sense, I can't see them being huge into lying or deceit but definitely into outwitting people.
>>
>>52099590
In which case, the Carja are:

Carja (PSY & CHA):
>Legends (INT)
>Faith/Willpower (PSY)
>Conduct (CHA)
>Cunning (PSY)
>Reaction (PSY)
>>
>>52099608
updated to match what we agreed on. Should we tackle what classes get?
>>
File: carja_options.png (429KB, 548x796px) Image search: [Google]
carja_options.png
429KB, 548x796px
>>52099631
Go ahead, if you like.

Here's the examples for the existing cults. I wouldn't bother with cult trees just yet but go ahead.

Apocalyptics can be turned into Scoundrels and Scrappers can stay as they are, probably without any need to change them.
>>
>>52093426
Mounted as in rode on, not hacked/overridden.
>>
>>52099682
Hunter:
Mobility(agi)
Reaction(psy)
Survival(ins)
Projectiles(agi)
Crafting(AGI)

Shaman:
Legends(int)
Medicine(int)
Leadership(cha)
Artifact Lore(int)
Conduct(cha)

Artisans:
Craft(agi)
Engineering(int)
Negotiation(cha)
Artifact Lore(int)
Deception(psy)
what I've got for the new stuff.
>>
File: it belongs in a museum of trash.jpg (61KB, 355x400px) Image search: [Google]
it belongs in a museum of trash.jpg
61KB, 355x400px
>he decided to namefag on his phone so he's REALLY DEFINITELY two different people now guys
>>
>>52099682
Anubian is interesting to me, the FARO machines all have an Egyptian motifs to them, the Scarab (corrupter), the Kopesh (Deathbringer) and the Horus (Metal Devil) it's a motif to keep in mind when working on how concepts interact as well as when expanding the FARO bestiary
>>
>>52099899
Anubians are something different entirely in the default setting of the Katharsys system.
>>
>>52099916
Was just gonna mention that actually.
>>
>>52099929
>>52099916
oh, oops, sorry, just something to remember I guess
>>
>>52079527
First I would need to ask myself how humans farm in a world without organic animals to produce manure. Human waste isn't enough for a sustainable settlement.
>>
>>52099944
So far organic animals do exist but are mostly small game, pigs, turkey, and the like, presumably sheep and Goats are a thing as well
>>
>>52099944
The setting has organic animals, although the largest of them seem to be boars.
>>
>>52099944
I mean there's domesticated birds and likely pigs as well barring that maybe grazers carry fertilizer or something. Hell for all we know Blaze is just unstable liquid fertilizer and bellowbacks spray that shit all over to promote growth.
>>
>>52099971
that seems likely as a plausible line of repurposing terraformers during the derangement
>>
>>52100012
welp its my head canon now for why Bellowbacks exist.
>>
>>52099802
I'd also add Warrior:
Force (BOD)
Toughness (BOD)
Melee (BOD)
Domination (PSY)
Perception (INS)

This would probably cover all manner of guards, soldiers, mercenaries and typical soldiers, rather than the machine-and-animal focused hunters.
>>
>>52100062
Sounds good gives a little bit of variety.
>>
One sort of mech that could be fun is a Hermit/Caddis worm like unit that collects scrapped pieces of armor and components that it cocoons/wears while its waiting to be picked up by a carrier unit such a Shellwalker.
>>
>>52079527
Use Mythras
>multiple cultures with different technology levels
>focus on targeted attacks with added effect
>solid crafting mechanics, solid cultural mechanics

It's already extremely representative of the game outside of the lethality of the system - but do you really want to kill thousands of robots in a table top conversion?
>>
>>52100213
hmmm, I can imagine replacing lost insects must have been one of GAIA's first priorities, so many insect like bots must still remain as facilities continue to breed more animals
>>
>>52101420
I think that having black skin was GAIA's first priority based on the unironic racists that wrote "her" cliche ass (don't assume hyr gender shitlord)
>>
>>52101877
thanks for bumping the thread
>>
>>52081170
Its a shit setting that makes no sense.
It requires too much suspension of disbelief to the robots that kill ed billions of people with the same level of tech can be defeated by a solitary mary sue with a pointy stick.
>>
>>52102010
BUT SHE WAS DESIGNED BY THE BIG BEAUTIFUL BLACK GODDESS OF FERN GULLY AND THEY WERE DESIGNED BY FUCKING A WHITE MALE

OF COURSE SHE CAN WIN

GRRL POWER
>>
>>52083868
>>52080605
What I'd like to know is HOW he managed to delete all knowledge. It wasn't on some hard disk, it was physically etched into tablets with strands of DNA because that'll survive indefinitely. Did he wander through killbot infested territory to reach the Apollo facility and smash all the tablets with a sledgehammer, then toss them into an incinerator?
>>
File: street soldier.jpg (245KB, 475x822px) Image search: [Google]
street soldier.jpg
245KB, 475x822px
>>52101420
might be a thing, But again mechanics first other stuff later. Too often these sort of projects get bogged down as /tg/ goes into the fluffy minutae
>>
>>52103019
bioware-tier absolute dogshit writing
>>52104446
you are retarded, get the fuck out
>>
>>52104446
With that said, Might as well begin tackling either character progression or equipment who's up for it?
>>
>>52079527
>This game
>Be hype
>Find out it's only on ps4
>Have no ps4
>asshole on whom my crush is crushing has ps4 and rubs it in my face
>Hate the game

am I an autist?
>>
>>52104714
sage
>>
>>52103019
He may have simply put in an order with the bullshit clearance he obtained to make the automates parts of the facility disassemble them
>>
>>52080778
>he seperation from what we know is technology and a scientific mindset from the religious and spiritual influences that the in-game characters are meant to feel.
That's not a problem in tabletop RPGs as it's not a visual medium. Just don't say "ok, a giant dinosaur robot approaches from the distance".
>>
>>52080778
>The biggest problem of an RPG version of HZD is the biggest problem with Horizon's narrative - The seperation from what we know is technology and a scientific mindset from the religious and spiritual influences that the in-game characters are meant to feel.
no one has any issues with 40k
>>
>>52104512
what's the craft dc to prepare your own severed penis
>>
>>52106904
Right next to your lack of life
>>
>>52080778
>The seperation from what we know is technology and a scientific mindset from the religious and spiritual influences that the in-game characters are meant to feel.
I'd say the main problem is trying to stat a killbot that can wipe out an advanced technological civilization armed with orbital artillery, nuclear weapons, aerospace fighters, hovertanks and railguns while said killbot can still be killed by tribals with bows and spears. Worse yet is the killbot that wiped out humanity, "FAS-FSP5" the "Deathbringer", is flammable and weak to fire.

How do you even stat that, future robot armor having a -99% defense penalty against things made of wood or lit torches?
>>
>>52107049
Honestly the setting would make far more sense as post-post-post apocalypyic where the killbots and AI overlords have degraded from climate change so while in their prime humanity didnt stand a chance the rusted remnants of the skynet army are opponents for men with sticks.
Better yet, the AI saw this was going to happen and decided to fuck off into deep space for greener pastures which explains why the machine AI on earth is so dumb and animal like and hasnt been repairing itself.
Wow, made a better setting that makes far more sense with none of the budget
>>
>>52107334
Thanks for the contributions that's actually helpful ideas there
>>
Kinda like how they explain the older killbots are so old they're cores are unstable and metsk has degraded from sitting in the dirt for s thousand or so years?
>>
>>52107566
>>52107334
Yeah, it's even domosntrated, the first death ringer you fight can't even walk, the others are in middling condition at best and the one that serves as a final boss is probably at half capacity, not to mention the old ones were fighting these things in the hundreds at a time
>>
>>52107049
I got it that it was more a collapse of nature, because of the mass of robots.
All the Peacekeeper used up the air, water and biomass for fuel and replication.
But still its kinda a forced plot.
Since Gaia is more of a maintaince programm and what i understand with a programming task to override the faro plague.
So all the technology she uses is already developed. Like cloning, super ai, Project Zero Dawn, build robots in 18 months. But couldnt stop the robots.

Besides that Elisabet Sobeck had this idea ready and all. I think since she was rival to Faro, she sabotaged his work with the idea to return to a time before technic and installed her gens to return as the saviour.
She plotted this all and is either the real villian or at least pushed her "restart human life".
>>
File: syndrom.jpg (30KB, 640x267px) Image search: [Google]
syndrom.jpg
30KB, 640x267px
>>52108041
Maybe they are programmed to loose to Elisabet Sobeck gen prints?
All a plot to push her ancestors or clone to be leader of humans?
>>
>>52108248
I could see that. Faro not getting over his ex girlfriend so he orders his peace keeping robots to never kill her so only an Elisabet Sobeck or clone can destroy them. For everyone else it's like trying to fight the cross between a Fallout 4 Assaultron and a spidertank from Ghost In the Shell.

Brings up an other thing I disliked from Horizon, the whole chosen one child of prophesy thing.

On the other hand, the Hades AI was written by a "dudebro" college fratboy with a mullet white male stereotype who couldn't stop saying "like" and "shway" while explaining how the Hades AI was supposed to work. So Hades infected robots probably performed worse than they were supposed to.
>>
>>52108384
>Failsafe for Faro and Sobek
She was his ex? didnt got that.
But would make sense to protect him and her as a failsafe.

>the whole chosen one child of prophesy thing.
Yes it is. Its kinda convient for the story. But if you think about it, in a science related setting debunging magic, it doesnt work well.
Like Gaia teaching the first clones to survive the new earth but with Apollo destroyed.
Coming from a techno vault into a world with mechanic animals, the ancestors forget everything based on machines and what gaia is.
More like cheating the player on what happened and to think that humans are now stone/brass age.

Hades might be reduced in his power since time moved on, his broken code was never tested and his "glitch" to awake to set everything back to start broke him.
>>
>>52108596
>Like Gaia teaching the first clones to survive the new earth but with Apollo destroyed.
Yeah, that bothered me. How Gaia was obviously an AI able to think outside the box (make clone of my creator so she'll rebuild me after I nuke myself) but never bothered to check to see if Apollo still worked. The children grown in the cloning vats knowing what androids were even though they were completely uneducated but they all forget everything the moment they're kicked out of the vault. Even if Gaia only knew how to build terraforming robots and operate robot building factories, it could have still taught the children that.
>>
File: Horizon_Zero_Dawn Hunter Tree.png (22KB, 1157x415px) Image search: [Google]
Horizon_Zero_Dawn Hunter Tree.png
22KB, 1157x415px
I've thought a small bit on the Katharsys system conversion and here's the basics of Hunter progression.

I figure that Banuk hunters would probably just fall under the loner-rover-ranger-wanderer tree, so I feel no need to create special rules for them. Only the Nora hunters are so special that they deserve their own tree.
>>
>>52108981
You are right. Gaia seems never think to repair Apollo, since she should rebuild earth and learns true stories from Sobek to follow asimovs roboethics.
>>
>>52109404
It's probably a case of bigger fish to fry. Unless worst case scenario she's the one who gave Ted omega clearance
>>
why make HADES in the first place?
i dont quite get it
>>
>>52109873
GAIA is an irrational machine that seeks to preserve life, no matter the cost. Any loss of life is seen sad and unfortunate, by GAIA.

HADES is required to take over and initiate the extinction of problematic lifeforms, should any sort of life run rampant and threaten the ecosystem that GAIA's crafted. Because GAIA's too much of a bleeding heart to take care of it herself.
>>
>>52109948
the why in the name of all that exist make a fucking dudebro program it?
thats like using a chainsaw for a heart bypass
>>
>>52109948
>>52109873
Sort of, as they only had one viable shot at making a new generation of humans from viable samples they needed to make sure it wouldn't go to waste HADES was a component of GAIA like minerva and apollo, designed to cull a nonviable ecosystem, trouble started when the Glitch that first set off the Faro plague hijacked HADES into a rampant AI, the third party that activated HADES after it had proven unneeded remained a hanging mystery
>>
>>52110003
Apparently he's a dudebro that's actually a fucking genius, hence him being the one that got to program it.
>>
>>52109503
>>52109404
Maybe Gaia was just a chatbot for a non-sentient system, like an advanced version of Siri. Not really aware of how any of the parts actually worked, the androids that raised the children born from the clone vats never maintained the bases for example. Gaia might not have known anything about Apollo beyond it being something that needed to be activated once the atmosphere was breathable again.

So in Gaia's perception, Aloy was supposed to come out of that vault educated and ready to build a new Gaia; instead Aloy was kicked out immediately as a baby because the whole Apollo complex was an abandoned ruin.

Gaia is probably not aware that humans were never taught science because it's a glorified automated terraforming robot design system. In fact, Gaia was apparently never programmed to maintain any of the facilities since they're all barely funtional ruins with massive holes everywhere which is why Gaia and the sub-AIs were infected by the Glitch 16 years before Aloy's birth.
>>
>>52110383
This is explicitly not the case, they specifically made GAIA a feeling machine to ensure it could empathise with the world she was to restor, she holds conversations with her makers during her infancy and even expenses sadness over previous natural extinctions, she even posessed the sense in her early development to pwrmit kill switches in her in case she went rogue, recognizing that as a learning AI her growth was unpredictable
>>
>>52110383
From what i remember about the lore GAIA had to nuke herself before she could do anything because the rogue HADES threatened to take over the whole system meanwhile the rest of the component system saw their chance and fucked off.
>>
You'd need a combat system designed to target different points based on positioning and ammo. Kinda like VATS?
>>
>>52109364
I would also think to add in a few specialties like kestrel and seeker but looks like a solid start.
>>
>>52109948
It was an failsafe implemented by Faro. If Everything goes wrong, Hades will reset everything back to before Gaia started to clone the humans.

>>52109503
Why should se give him that? He was responsible for creating New Dawn with the others, he should have omega already.
>>
>>52112326
>>52109948
meant >>52109873
>>
>>52110042
>third party
My guess for a sequel would be that Faro either is Hades or was cloned too and got infos about all before.
And he wants to destroy Sorbeks influence in the New Dawn.
Besides i still think Sorbek is responsiböe for the glitch to create her world how society should be. But Faro wants to stop her from achieving that and maybe want society to get back to what it was before the Faro plague.
>>
>>52112392
but then why would he delete all of the history and knowledge they had compiled and simply edited it instead allowing him to create socity like he wants it.
>>
>>52110383
Gaia is aware that Apollo is destroyed. And Its mentioned that Gaia herself cloned Aloy to help her stop Hadesa.
But what if that was Sorbeks plan from the beginning that she ordered Gaia to make that, to eradicate Hades program. But Hades learned this and started the eclipse. Thats why he recognised Aloay to be the clone of Sorbek, because he knew that she would be cloned one day and he has to prevent that Aloy makes what Sorbek planned for her "utopia" of human civilisation?
>>
So, new thread gents?
>>
>>52112473
That is a pretty big stretch since it was Sobek her self who designed and planned for the creation of HADES why would it even be there in the first place if what you say is true.
>>
>>52111516
It was to shut Hades out of the full system.
Than Aloy was cloned, she should destroy Hades and than repair Gaia.

>>52112453
He doesnt had this much power to alter it alone. it had to be done quick.
He still was falsly accused of making the Faro Plague, creating the Peacekeeper. He wasnt trusted to do his own thing.
So the only way maybe was to delete all, so the next humans were free from Sorbeks propaganda. And he might have copies of the original, uncorrupted Apollo files. We learn that Hades could teach the Eclipse leader. Not only in technic, but what it seems in history too.
Guess Hades was his ultimate failsafe to remake society to the point before the "glitch"
>>
>>52112537
She only did Hades because Faro demanded it. He was inolved in it, he founded it.
Besides he wanted to fight, not kill humans with New Dawn.
And he could delete Apollo and kill the Alpha.
So he had access to it and power over it.
>>
I was half expecting this to become God of War with the AIs all having mythological names. This is such great game.
>>
>>52112677
>This is such great game.
You don't actually think that and nobody else does either. Your game is terrible and you are a failure.
>>
>>52113045
>opinions
>>
>>52113045
Le Bait
>>
>>52109364
I'm thinking that the artisan tree will be divided between merchants and actual skilled workers. As for warrior most likely I'd guess a generic all round, the super defensive Oseram arrow-breaker and possibly a more mobile hit and run Carja warrior maybe that's where the hawks/kestrels would go?
>>
>>52113266
I've been thinking about how you've been spamming the board for half a week about this chipmunk face SJW game
>>
we're past bump limit, someone should save this, I'm not in position to
>>
>>52113295
I've got it all here with me including the image for the basic warrior tree. Like I asked upthread if anyone want's I'll start another thread and keep the idea going.
>>
>>52113318
please do, I'm actually convinced that the troll here is a false flagger trying to tank the reputation of people who can't stand SJWs
>>
>>52113337
>oh gee maybe if I take my name off then reply to myself everyone will definitely think I'm not the same guy
Get the fuck out retard and take your fuckin' ugly ginger shit with you
Thread posts: 338
Thread images: 29

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.