[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

noko

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 1

File: Races.jpg (81KB, 630x227px) Image search: [Google]
Races.jpg
81KB, 630x227px
hey guys, im looking to finally play D&D, i have some 4th ed gear i bought when it came out but never really played, ive got the core books but i remember back in the day i had a folder (i think it was a torrent) filled with supplemental pdfs, like items/oriental RPing, even stuff like sex in role play or some bullshit, there were alot of books though. does anyone have a link to a download like that? im an ausfag and i think its on pirate bay but i cant get to it obviously
>>
oh yeah i dont care about superior editions or how im doing it wrong, just looking for supplements for my wrong way of playing
>>
https://mega.nz/#F!REQ3iBST!3rWAyA2wX2HtrJF_CNcNBA
>>
>>52072168
>https://mega.nz/#F!REQ3iBST!3rWAyA2wX2HtrJF_CNcNBA
holy shit thats exactly what i wanted cheers mate, seriously appreciate it, that being said how do i download from this site? it says its too big to be reliably handled by memory, is there a torrent at all?
>>
>>52072206
I don't the best way of going about it but you could just highlight several at a time and download it in chunks.
>>
>>52072227
haha thats what i have ended up doing, thanks again mate
>>
>>52072299
No worries, have fun with the game.
>>
Wow, this is pretty much the most polite thread I ever saw. Good on you guys for being nice.
>>
>>52072119
Check funin.space and look around for CBLoader, they are invaluable for 4e.
>>
cheers cobba
>>
actually since we're talking about D&D, whats a good, simple, free tabletop simulator that can do tiles and stuff as well?
>>
>>52072119

http://pastebin.com/85Hm56k5 is a collection of 4e resources including a link to the offline character builder.

Also, if you want to run/play 4e, the standard advice-

Use the monster stats/math from the Monster Manual 3 and Monster Vault. Before that, monsters had too much HP and too little damage which made fights slow and boring.

Give every player an Expertise feat and Improved Defences for free. The system math is fucked and basically expects you to have them, but tax feats which don't do anything interesting are no fun at all.

Avoid essentials classes, they're trash, and warn people off making Hybrids. Most classes are fine although some have less content, and a few like Seeker, Assassin and Vampire are badly supported and don't work very well, which is a damn shame.
>>
>>52076690
fuck man im just gonna save that post, what are essentials classes?
>>
>>52076791

Binder, Blackguard, Bladesinger, Cavalier, Executioner, Hexblade, Hunter, Knight, Mage, Scout, Sentinel, Slayer, Thief, Vampire and Warpriest.

Essentials was basically 4.5, a soft reboot of the system aiming to make it more like 'old' D&D. The Essentials classes are all basically rehashes of the base 4e classes except with less interesting mechanics. Some people find value in some of them for players who want a simpler character, but generally I'd just avoid them. Actually learning the systems of 4e and figuring out the nuances of its combat a large part of the fun, and Essentials classes basically just lock you into a boring easy mode where you have significantly less meaningful decisions to make in a fight.
>>
>>52076865
>Binder, Blackguard, Bladesinger, Cavalier, Executioner, Hexblade, Hunter, Knight, Mage, Scout, Sentinel, Slayer, Thief, Vampire and Warpriest.
> Essentials was basically 4.5, a soft reboot of the system aiming to make it more like 'old' D&D. The Essentials classes are all basically rehashes of the base 4e classes except with less interesting mechanics. Some people find value in some of them for players who want a simpler character, but generally I'd just avoid them. Actually learning the systems of 4e and figuring out the nuances of its combat a large part of the fun, and Essentials classes basically just lock you into a boring easy mode where you have significantly less meaningful decisions to make in a fight.
ill keep that in mind, complicated shit isnt it
>>
>>52076946

Unfortunately yes.

4e is a lot more straightforward than a lot of RPGs, the GM guidance in the Dungeon Master books is excellent and the player side of the system is very clear and easy to understand, but it still has its share of background bullshit and legacy problems from its somewhat troubled design.
>>
>>52076668
>good
>simple
>free
You're not likely to get your dream app, but Roll20 is the closest I can think.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.