[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Darklands/Mierce Miniatures

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 16
Thread images: 2

File: Darklands.jpg (182KB, 1024x768px) Image search: [Google]
Darklands.jpg
182KB, 1024x768px
What does /tg/ Think of Darklands, or Mierce Miniatures?

Has anyone played the game? I just stumbled across their site while looking for new minis.

I think the minis look pretty good, and the game seems to be set in fantasy 6th century Europe, with a combination of weird name spellings and medieval name spellings.

Had to look up a lot of the names to realize what they were supposed to be, but once I did that, it seems pretty neat.

Is it fun? What does /tg/ think of the minis? What does /tg/ think of the setting?
>>
>>52067871
They make cool looking monsters. That is the extent of my knowledge about them.
>>
>>52067871
Anybody have a decent alternative source for the core book?

I'd like it in PDF, before I decide to get a hardcopy.

I can find a hardcopy, but I'm hesitant to sent ~$100 + shipping from england for the rulebook for a wargame I may not even end up liking.
>>
They are really shady business-wise but their figures are well reviewed and established, if expensive. They have a lot in the way of Kickstarters so you should hop onto one of those.

I like them personally as they actually have fantasy Byzantines.
>>
>>52068551
>really shady businss-wise
How so?

Do you have the core rulebook? Esp. if in PDF?
>>
>>52068551
>Lots of Kickstarters.
Wow. you're not kidding. It seems like Kickstarter is how they fund all their development.
>>
>>52068598
The general belief is that they are running a deficit, and they are fulfilling previous Kickstarters with money from the most recent ones.

>>52068576
The company who made Bane Legions initially went under, taking everything with them. Mierce suddenly showed up with the the Bane Legions line with them, but didn't fulfill any of the previous obligations.
>>
File: C07bkjyW8AAXn07.png:large.png (1MB, 1125x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C07bkjyW8AAXn07.png:large.png
1MB, 1125x1000px
I like the idea of the setting. It is kind of like Earthdawn but during the Dark Ages. Great if you like vikings and the generally savage ancestors of modern day Europeans.
>>
>>52068686
Ah. So poor management.

Is the game any good?

>>52068932
It's a neat idea, for sure.
>>
Fuck Mierce Miniatures. They used to run the shadiest, dodgiest, steal-your-moneyiest online miniatures store in the UK until they went out of business, fucked a lot of people over with debts, and some even shadier shit happened with their unsold stock.

Maelstrom was scamming customers for years. You'd order something, and maybe six months later they'd say "oh we didn't have that in stock" when you finally managed to get them to respond to you.

Mierce was built on stolen money, by criminals.
>>
>>52068551
>They are really shady business-wise
>They have a lot in the way of Kickstarters
>you should hop onto one of those.
???what did he mean by this
>>
>>52071193
They're criminal scum but seem to have turned over a new leaf, in that they're more or less reliable these days. They just fucked a lot of people over to get going.
>>
>>52071208
Criminal scum because they went bankrupt due to poor mgmt and started a new company which is doing better?

I mean, I'm not this salty at WOTC and they robbed me of many purchased completed games back around 2008.
>>
>>52071255
>due to poor mgmt
Running up debt over years of scamming customers and not paying suppliers, yes.

And gee, I wonder where the money went? I'm sure none of it was used to start their new, totally legally distinct and unconnected company.
>>
>>52071208
Aha, they funded their new business with shit stolen from the last one, they run multiple kickstarters, as in, projects you have to give money in advance in good faith, and expect people to trust them? Haha, no fucking way. Sure, the minis are pretty, but the only way I'd buy them is if a known local store imported them and had them physically in stock.
>>
>>52071328
Oh, I wouldn't endorse buying their shit. It's just, you'll *probably* get it.
Thread posts: 16
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.