[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

MTG Modern General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 341
Thread images: 38

File: FulminatorMage.jpg (61KB, 223x312px) Image search: [Google]
FulminatorMage.jpg
61KB, 223x312px
Did the infect and Dredge players from your local meta move on? I'm honestly surprised Death's Shadow didn't get hit harder than infect honestly.

Realistically do you think the meta would be better with Twin? Is there anything else that can make Blue decks actually competitive outside twin? Do you see Modern getting a decent Cantrip within the next year?

What do you guys think of the decks climbing up? A few of the big movers in the last 2 weeks are Merfolk, Abzan Coco/ Evolution Kiki chord shit, Storm, and UW Control surprisingly. Do you think any of these decks will continue this trend?

Do you expect anything from Amonkhet?

RESOURCES:
Current Modern Metagame
http://mtgtop8.com/format?f=MO
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/metagame/modern

DATABASES:
magiccards.info
gatherer.wizards.com
>>
>Storm
>>
>>52066219
Great contribution to the new thread, thank you so much for your input.
>>52066213
I played against LSV during Eldrazi Winter, he's such a good honest dude, fucking real pleasure playing against him.
>>
My LGS still allows Twin on casual weekend. I can honestly say that the meta is more diverse and fun. Dredge is still there, but only because a couple people can't afford anything new.

>>52066255
Nice blog post, lad.
>>
>>52066255
>storm
>>
>>52066302
Fuck you man. Dredge is fun and still strong, just not oppressive.
>>
>>52066145
>Did the infect and Dredge players from your local meta move on? I'm honestly surprised Death's Shadow didn't get hit harder than infect honestly.
Dredge is still good though GP brisbane is proof of that. It's just not bonkers like with ggt and actually ebbs and flows with hate like it should.

>Twin
I honestly don't give a shit about Twin and don't care either way if it's banned/unbanned.

>blue competetive
Some non shit counters would be a start but we can't have that because timmy gets upset that his 20 mana jace planeswaker gets countered.

>cantrips
Sure as hell not happening with storm trying yet again to claw it's way back. I would like to see either preordain/ponder though.

These speculators are cancer though holy shit, so much for getting another deck with mm17
>>
>>52066145
I'd rather have Preordain than Twin desu

a lot of the Infect players have moved over to DSJ and most of the Dredge guys are still on Dredge
>>
>>52066338
I really wish they just banned Amalgam instead of troll and started over with it again rather than just cutting the decks balls off. It's not dead, but I really doubt it can ever be tier 1 again without troll or some other retardedly insane card
>>
>>52066375
It sucks because you know they will never print dredge cards again.
>>
>>52066356
but you counter planeswalkers with two mana
>>
>>52066390
I honestly don't care, I play Storm and Dredge and I do what i can with what I have. The support cards are what brings life back to the deck
>>
File: Eidolon of the Great Revel_JOU.jpg (69KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Eidolon of the Great Revel_JOU.jpg
69KB, 312x445px
So, does Storm still get btfo by Eidolon of the Great Revel? Or do they have ways around it mainboard?
>>
>>52066421
>I play Storm
Is that you based Finkel?
>>
>>52066255
Wew reddit.
>>
>>52066450
Only Remands mainboard.

And Grapeshot, of course.
>>
Why does everyone say Abzan Company gets shut down by grave hate? Don't they also run ThuneFeeder combo?
Also can't they just abrupt decay or rec sage it or some shit?
>>
>>52066475
A lot of the lists now run a merchant scroll and echoing truth now
>>
>>52066477
>I don't understand how to play cardboard rectangles: the post
>>
>>52066477
No they typically run 1 or the other. The deck doesn't shut down as much by grave hate as it does grafdiggers cage, grafdiggers cage fucks its ass raw.
>>
>>52066475
>>52066498

Then it looks like I have nothing to worry about. Even if they remand it, I've slowed them down a turn and can recast it. Guess I'm mostly in the clear.
>>
>>52066504
Wow great response you smug faggot, why not offer him some advice rather than the typical autistic insults
>>
>>52066521
Yeah man, after eidolon burn never really had to worry about storm. Don't get got by the echoing truth though
>>
>>52066527
>I get butthurt on account of other people: the post
>>
>>52066559
Why not just act like a human being you fucking loser?
>>
>>52066596
Why not calm down? :^)
>>
So, realistically, is Infect absolutely not viable right now? Sure, it lost a strong card, but I can remember tonnes of matches where I won without drawing into the Probe/delving the probe for BI. I would imagine the metagame shift hurt it more than the actual ban itself.
>>
>>52066633
it's still good, just now you have to actually be good at piloting it rather than git probing then slamming all your cards on the table
>>
>>52066633
Probe was fucking huge in that deck
>Oh no bolt, easy turn 2 win or, okay they have bolt, better hold on
Now it's
>Okay it's turn 2, I have the win and I'm gonna go for it cause i know the deck and the longer I wait they draw more responses than I have answers, oh they had path, looks like I lose
>>
>>52066450
I've seen some storm decks run Bolt, but I haven't played in over a month now so I don't know jack shit.
>>
>>52066255
>LSV
Can someone explain this strange idol worship in the MtG community? In my experience, it's very difficult to find any competitive players that aren't always jizzing over Vargas, SaffronOlive, Turtenwald, or any number of other minor "celebrities". It doesn't make sense to me.
>>
>>52066697
Irrelevant desu, perfect information is the difference between the win and the loss in that deck very often, doesn't matter how skillful you are.
>>
>>52066706
It runs bolt and wear/tead which both come in against burn, makes it quite a bit better
>>
>>52066633
You could always be a fucking madman and play Sultai infect. Slow the deck down by a turn to run Inquisition to strip any removal.
It also means you get to play Phyrexian Crusader which essntially tells every removal spell baring fatal push to go fuck itself
>>
>>52066701
>>52066728
I would imagine you just have to play cautiously i.e. in your example, don't go for turn 2 win unless you have Blossoming Defense/Vines/Apostle's at the ready.

Speaking of, is Peek or Blossoming Defense the better replacement for 2 BI/Probes, or does running Serum Visions have merit?
>>
>>52066763
What would you remove for Crusaders/Inquisitions though? The list is pretty tight as is. Sure you may cut on incremental defense like Spell Pierce but I think that's more harmful in the long run
>>
>>52066749
Wait, how does Wear/Tear help storm vs. burn? Against Leyline of sanctity or kor firewalker?
>>
>>52066840
Eidolon is an enchantment.
>>
>>52066822
I honestly would only run it as a 2 of if anything
hell you probably don't even need to run it all
Just use manamorphose as a cantrip and fixing for your Inquisition. Its no Probe, but it is a free cantrip plus a peek at your opponent's hand.
>>
>>52066713
People always point out the paragons of the greater community so they can ignore the shit aspects of their own community or improve themselves. They'll circle jerk about how good it is there without making any effort to improve their own place, the only place that really matters.

It's the same for people who go on the Internet and see how good it is elsewhere and bitch to their store about why it isn't the same there, when the circumstances (costs, player base) are not nearly the same at that excessively great store as in their own store.

It's a part of Magic, everyone wants to fucking correct everyone and look like they know the most - this usually follows 99% true statements like "black does not get countermagic". If I said Magic players are generally pieces of shit someone will point out how people constantly donate their garbage cards to new people. Or how everyone thinks Wizards is so fucking nice sending kits to people who lose their collections or to people serving in the military or replacing damaged Masterpieces when they won't do a simple thing that helps all players by nuking the Reserve List. It's when someone calls Catholics kid touchers and some douchebag points out the vast majority aren't but the whole point is that the community ignores that something utterly terrible festers within it but ignores it because of a minority of do-gooders.

I know that's utterly cynical but that's Magic for you.
>>
File: 1478112088908.png (580KB, 822x666px) Image search: [Google]
1478112088908.png
580KB, 822x666px
>>52066853
..... oh shit you're right! I feel like an idiot.
>>
File: IMG_0058.jpg (160KB, 1750x2500px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0058.jpg
160KB, 1750x2500px
>>52066869
>>
>>52066998
Well, tell me how I'm wrong.

The game brings out the worst in people.
>>
File: rudy.jpg (902KB, 4282x5000px) Image search: [Google]
rudy.jpg
902KB, 4282x5000px
>>52066998
It's true.
>>
File: IMG_0059.jpg (54KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0059.jpg
54KB, 1280x720px
>>52067027
>>
Anyone else purposely do retarded shit to try and make people tilt? I always wear my big ugly canvass trench coat, a pepe the frog shirt and a fedora to every event I go to. (I'm planning on wearing my "Make Trudeau a Drama teacher again" hat to the next event I go to though, as the fedora doesn't seem to trigger all that well.)
>>
>>52066869
Damn.
>>52067234
>>
File: milkgirl_edit.jpg (225KB, 1000x1460px) Image search: [Google]
milkgirl_edit.jpg
225KB, 1000x1460px
>>52067234
I wear this shirt to all events I go to

I also play Tron
>>
>>52067234
>tilt
Go away reddit.
>>
File: saiyan.jpg (190KB, 580x421px) Image search: [Google]
saiyan.jpg
190KB, 580x421px
>>52066869

>It's when someone calls Catholics kid touchers and some douchebag points out the vast majority aren't

Yeah, fuck those assholes for correcting your blanket statement. Those dicks.

>but the whole point is that the community ignores that something utterly terrible festers within it but ignores it because of a minority of do-gooders.

Catholic priests dedicate their lives to act as (in theory) pillars of the community and are obligated to bring the message of God (as they see it), not his dick. Magic players play a card game and are obligated to not cheat or swing fists when they disagree on a ruling. The concept of that simile is there, but when they act the way you mention the scale is way off
>>
>>52067336
The asspain is crisp this morning.
>>
>>52067336
Are you actually defending pedophiles and those who harbor them?
>>
>>52066145
We got Pic related as a decent cantrip recently.

I mean, sure its a sorcery, but its still a pretty decent cantrip in decks like UR Prowess and Infect (Infect Pauper mayhaps?).
>>
>>52067402
>the entire Catholic Church is a global pedophile ring
Ebin
Also, keep in mind, per capita, catholic priests have one of the lowest rates per professions who have common interaction with children, more frequent ones being teachers, doctors, rabbis, day care instructors etc. The only reason people are ass ravaged about priests being pedophiles is because priest hood is supposed to be a sacred thing, people don't know their kids 3rd grade teacher as they do their priest typically, so when a priest does it, it's terrible. You're a faggot who got blinded by propoganda and no one likes you.
>>
File: image.jpg (77KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
77KB, 312x445px
>>52066145
We got Pic related as a decent cantrip recently

I mean, sure its a sorcery, but its still a pretty decent cantrip in decks like UR Prowess and Infect (Infect Pauper mayhaps?).
>>
>>52067281
>I also play Tron
I love you

>>52067333
I ain't no reddit commie fuckstain.
Tilt is just that word I hear most people use for rage quitting so hard they flip the table.
>>
>>52066450
Take all this advise with a grain of salt since I haven't played storm since pre-dredge meta. I ran three (3) bolts main in Storm. It kills; Thalia, Red Eidolon, and Canonist (you start seeing her as a one-of in Chord-style decks once they realize there is a storm deck in the meta) which are the three cards you'll hate seeing the most, I still raged when I saw Eidolon of Rhetoric but hey 3 mana for a sideboard card. It also helps to greatly slow down aggro decks. I also like bolt because it's basically a +4 (three damage from itself + 1 spell cast) for the Grapeshot plan. Also having a bunch of bolts in the main allows for a couple more win conditions. Once people realize they are playing against a combo deck they will easily hurt themselves with their fetches and shocks down to 10-12 life, that's when the alternate plan of bolt you, bolt you, bolt you pyromancer ascension copies it and bolts you, really shines. And once they realize they can be bolted to death, they will stop taking so much damage from their lands thus having a slower game and giving you more time to assemble the regular storm plan.
>>
File: tommyleejones.jpg (51KB, 814x500px) Image search: [Google]
tommyleejones.jpg
51KB, 814x500px
>>52067402

Wha....?

No, I'm saying that the disparity of expectation versus reality of a priest molesting a kid is vastly different than that of Magic players acting like assholes or grognards and that making that comparison regarding "festering underbellies" within a group is retarded
>>
what are some cards you wish were playable in modern?
>>
>>52067461
>this is what passes for a decent cantrip in people's minds now
Sad
>>
>>52067548
Fireblast, Chain Lightning and Price of Progress
>>
>>52067548
>>52067548
terravore
>>
>>52067548
preordain
baleful strix
Monastery Mentor because he's barely not good enough imo
>>
>>52067609
He never will be without probe, look at young pyromancer, not even played anymore
>>
I want to get into modern but i don't have a huge budget. Like 150-200ish. Is that enough to play at least a semi good deck or am i too far out of range to actually realistically think about it? What decks could i build for that budget that actually are capable of winning.
>>
File: Rhox.jpg (29KB, 223x310px) Image search: [Google]
Rhox.jpg
29KB, 223x310px
>>52067548
Rhox

He was my OG fatty and the boy who made me a Greenfag.
>>
>>52067656
You can buy into storm pretty cheap right now. It has results and the main deck can be bought for about 100 dollars on ebay, then you can get a kind of budget mana base and improve on it, and mana bases are always a good thing to have in modern, cause fetches are great. Deck is a little more complrx to play though keep that in mind
>>
>>52067656
You can probably Build Mono Green elves, just with no Cavern of Souls (not that big of a deal considering how shit counter magic is in modern)
Modern is a really expensive format, most decks cost between $500-$2000 USD
>>
WHAT THE FUCK DO I PLAY

i own literally zero MTG cards but i've been playing with my housemate and im having a good time with the game.

he's got a zombie deck which i like and a tron deck as well which is good fun. i like the idea of artifact decks but im not sure what to pick. also doesn't help every deck is expensive as fuck. any help would be appreciated
>>
>>52067794
play Xmage
>>
>>52067794
Don't start with modern desu. I started modern buying into pod which looked really fun. Played it for 3 months then it got banned. Real ass pained still
>>
>>52067826
I am actually really worried about building Affintty or Grishoalbrand for this reason. I know the SSG and Opal are vintage level bullshit is just a shit meme, but WotC is fucking retarded and loves sucking the cocks of faggots over at reddit, so them getting banned would not surprise me at all.
>>
>>52067857
They'd probably ban Nourishing Shoal instead of SSG
>>
>>52067826
all his decks are modern legal, or intended to be so that's the plan in terms of decks. i'd rather not have us play differing rule sets
>>
>>52067857
If you want an actual deck that will always be good and competitive and never get banned too hard, buy GBx.
>>
>>52066255
LSV is cancer, and so are you.
>>
>>52067892
i looked at the primer and it says 4x tarmagoyfs. im not spending $800 my dude
>>
>>52066713
>SaffronOlive

I want to do a supercut of Seth introducing himself in every video; something along the lines of this:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFmM5CWnmtE
>>
>>52067913
Its like 300 now for 4
>>
>>52067892
I don't like playing GBx
Its so interactive it almost feels linear if that makes any sense.
Its also expensive as fuck and way out of my price range at the moment.
I would buy chinamen but after my last batch came in I'm not sure if I trust the quality of his printer enough to drop 100 CDN on a fake deck that could get me banned.
>>
>>52067936
is that because of MM17?

>>52067943
yeah there's something about green i also find kind of boring. black is good though. probably not worth buying fake shit if you plan on doing tournaments
>>
>>52068004
>is that because of MM17?

No, it's because of the portals that opened over California and a bunch of Goyfs rained over the area for about a day. Really weird occurrence. Why would you think MM17 would effect the price of cards in the set? Retard
>>
>>52068030
that's really unproductive, i've only seen a few of the spoilers so i was just asking
>>
>>52066145
Infect is combo?
>>
>>52066713
The game is played by a lot of nu-males that desperately want to fit in and be liked, and as they notice that there are authority figures that are well-liked, they "like" them too, hoping to fit in. Honestly, I have no idea how anyone can genuinely think that insufferable blowhards such as LSV are likable.
>>
>>52068064
You should learn to deal with the bitter autistic virgins here, they're not going anywhere
>>
>>52068030
Don't you feel big now
>>
>>52068097
i expect the bitterness is because i have regular human contact
>>
>>52068086
Have you actually met him? I'm the guy who mentioned I played against him, he was really respectful, adn nice, just a regular dude. I wasn't expecting anything, but when I met him, he seemed like a pretty cool gguy.
>>
>>52068030
>portals that opened over California and a bunch of Goyfs rained over the area for about a day.
Meme this into reality, dark wizard.
>>
>>52068121
I've seen him throw temper tantrums on Twitter over an article on SCG which called for equal treatment between the genders at events, and I've seen him join other SJWs in getting a guy that was convicted of a crime a decade ago banned from the game. And once it blew up in their faces, he deleted the tweets and pretended that that he wasn't involved. He's also fucking lame, his humor is beyond cringe worthy.
>>
>>52068066
Pumping dudes is not combo.
>>
UNBAN SUMMER BLOOM
>>
>>52068209
>he has a problem with people being threaten equally
Oh so you're just a bitter fucking loser, I got it now
>>
>>52068268
>so you don't like male feminist manginas that want to censor everyone that disagrees with them
>bitter loser
Go back to whatever hellhole you came from, dude.
>>
>>52068265
No
bloom titan is uninteractive and gay, and we have enough gay uninteractive combo decks in the format. Hive mind is a gay card
>>
>>52068317
Sure, it's called the world outside your moms basement you fucking loser ;)
>>
>>52068319
>uninteractive and gay
Modern in a nutshell
>>
>>52067234
Things like that make me tilt admittedly. Not in a gameplay sense but I just don't feel comfortable even though I don't show it.

It isn't the fact that it bothers me - you're really allowed to wear whatever you want. It's the fact that unfortunately, some people don't realize you're being ironic and that's when shit starts going downhill.

The moment you can't discern actual retardation from parody of retardation, that's the problem. It got to that point at my store. One guy got it into his head that he can throw decency into the wind and started really pushing the furry stuff; I mean ears and tail thing on his belt. Furry playmats and MLP sleeves. There isn't a problem with personal life choices but when it becomes the central trait to your character it does grate on everyone else; it's not like the pot smokers just suddenly go off raging on the benefits of pot and have weed on all their shit. It's not like I'm talking about the fine points of getting wasted and fighting cops.

Like shit that sets a bad example to the kids. And there are new people I see once and they never show up again. It's obviously killing attendance. It's an ongoing issue.
>>
>>52068319
Hivemind is a great card. Forcing everyone to play an Epic spell from kamigawa is super fun. Pacts were a mistake though.
>>
File: 1461068550715.jpg (27KB, 368x467px) Image search: [Google]
1461068550715.jpg
27KB, 368x467px
>>52068340
I found just the right picture for this.
>>
>>52068356
Tell the store owner to have him fuck off with that shit, tell him he's been getting complaints
>>
>>52068344
I'll have you know that turning a Siege Rhino sideways is a very INTERACTIVEâ„¢ play

>>52068356
Oh I never do shit like that at FNM, only at tournaments and GPs.
I like the people I play with at my LGS
I hate the people I play with at GPs, because they are an obstacle to me winning

>>52068364
This is true I rescind my previous statement.
>>
File: 1320791945820.jpg (39KB, 441x408px) Image search: [Google]
1320791945820.jpg
39KB, 441x408px
>yfw Ancient Stirrings is banned
>>
>>52068460
You gotta meme it a little more like opal and ssg before you'll get the (you)'s senpai
>>
>>52068387
Well the store owner did, but this guy just pushes the envelope. Sometimes a playmat "accidentally" is the only one he has or something like that. It's not enough to complain about but are you really going to kick him out?

The problem is that he has friends. And it's hard to ask a store to possibly ban this guy, have him take his friends, and have those friends take other friends. It's mostly Modern too.

I wonder if my store can just nuke Modern and just live off Standard and kitchen table, of which there are lots of people. A solid purge would eliminate me but a part of me feels it would be worth it if the toxic players just fucked off; it's not like they can buy cards elsewhere and they can't spray their horribleness when the store is operating at normal hours.
>>
>>52068482
Would you be surprised? It's narrower since it works best in certain decks, but it's a 5-card Ponder in a format where 3-card Ponder was considered too strong.
>>
>>52068592
yeah but it isn't any good in delver or Storm so it gets the pass.
>>
>>52068592
Yes I would be surprised because no one gives a shit that you forget the 'only colorless cards' restriction on ancient stirrings. It will never be banned and it will never be stronger than ponder.
>>
>>52067738
>>52067748
thanks for the input, ill look into both of those and see what I can come up with.
>>
>>52066713
Because these are people that circlejerk over every little thing Magic related. They see these guys fighting for social justice and being successful with Magic so they gravitate to these strong personalities to tell them what's good and to fit into a community. It's why Reddit is rife with fanboys for everyone that you mentioned, plus Tolarian Cuckunity College and MTGHeadquarters.

Funny enough, these exact same people hate Rudy for treating Magic as a way to make money.They can't handle that Rudy is a fucking retard that rants and raves, but still rolls in fucking money and product. It offends them because he doesn't even know how to play the game, but he's still 100x better at it than they are.

Also notice how effeminate and beta the Magic celebrities are. If you can make it through a SaffronOlive video in its entirety while listening to that low-testosterone voice, I commend you. If you can follow LSV on Twitter and actually read his rants on social justice, I commend you. All of these limp-wristed, pencil-necked, high-voiced fucks congregate and circlejerk with each other.
>>
>>52066596
>I cant take a joke due to my autism: the post
>>
>>52068637
>I reply hours late to a post because I'm a dumb faggot: the post
>>
File: maxresdefault.jpg (166KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault.jpg
166KB, 1280x720px
>>52068632
>Tolarian Cuckunity College
SidesToPlowshares.jpg
>>
>>52068709
Did he find another job?
>>
What if Infect becomes less of a U/G combo deck, and more of a B/G attrition deck.

Imagine something similar to an 8-rack shell, but playing things like Phyrexian Crusader after denying your opponent the resources to stop it. Thoughts?
>>
>>52068725
Hes full time Youtube now
>>
>>52068632
I really don't blame them for hating Rudy, since he does nothing for the game, bring nothing to the game, and is essentially a glorified hoarder
>>
>>52068725
You mean besides scamming redditors out of their money? No. He even hides how much he makes a month from his Patreon these days.
>>
>>52068632
>MTGHeadquarters.
but Jeremy hates SJWs, so much that they shadowbanned him from the magic subreddit and straight up banned him from WotC's twitch channel. Hell the guy even did a livestream with Sargon about how he thinks SJWs are killing magic.

You sure you aren't thinking of someone else?
>>
>>52068632
They think Rudy is being serious. He plays a character, and that's why he makes so much money. He's literally the Trump of Magic. He rubs the vocal minority the wrong way while becoming a hero of the masses, whom he happens to be selling snake oil to. The fact that so many redditors are vocal about hating him is just free publicity and pushes more people his way.
>>
>>52068734
I wonder what dipshit segment of the player base thinks that the system Rudy exploits is something that adds value to the game, namely the high price of entry. So by the sheer fact that individuals like Rudy exist means something is going right.

Because I've heard it more than once that having high value for your investment into gives the game legitimacy among new players - if it's so expensive, it must be good. And this value means that reprints would be valuable which allows Wizards to continue making this game because it's profitable.

There's probably some fallacy somewhere in there but I don't care to think too hard about it anymore.

I agree Rudy adds fucking nothing to the game. But then, I feel the same way about Modern Masters 2017, the Reserve List, and promo full art foil basic lands for Amonket League, which have nothing to do with Rudy at all.
>>
>>52068730
I'm interested. What do you think the benefits would be? Would it still run the usual creature package in addition?

How would you beat combo? 3 mana is hella slow
>>
>>52068779
I probably am. I don't keep much track of Magic YouTubers. Thank you for proofreading my autistic screeching.
>>
We need a Magic Infowars.
>>
>>52068592
Ponder lets you keep the cards on top though dipshit and doesn't have a colorless clause. I'm glad retards like you aren't in charge of the banlist since you obviously don't know what the fuck you're talking about
>>
>>52068793
Its kay broseph.
My bets is you are probably thinking of Wedge from the Mana Source.

>>52068807
I would fucking host the shit outa som garbage like that, but I have a job that takes up most of my free time.
>>
>>52068807
What would that be about?
>>
>>52068836
We have to stop wizards using chemicals to turn the gitrog monster gay
>>
>>52068790

How does 8-rack traditionally (if it does) beat combo? You disrupt them with discard spells/cheap removal until you can stick a threat, then ride it to victory.

Personally I wouldn't play much more than Crusaders and Inkmoth, but that could be incorrect. Maybe a 1-2 of Become Immense would be good (lots of cards in graveyard from retracing Raven's Crime and such)

I'll brew up a list and post it here later, if you see it please let me know what you think!
>>
>>52068916
I may just brew something up too

Looking forward to your list
>>
>>52068785
>if it's so expensive, it must be good
This is the shittiest method of thinking I've ever heard. Enron stock was expensive too and look how that turned out

Why can't Wizards get its head out of its collective ass and realize that people like Rudy and things like the RL are going to be the death of their own game
>>
>>52069057
>people like Rudy and things like the RL are going to be the death of their own game
Some portion of players are ignorant of all those workings and spend their money anyways. This money includes new players and diehards who drop $300 on three boxes every release.

It doesn't matter what we think so long as these people exist. And there are a lot of them; they spend the most money; and they're happy for the most part. Magic won't die so long as they keep buying.

It's like the Pokemon video games.
>>
>>52067609
I see mentor in the SB of cheerios from time to time.
>>
>>52068847
Actual kek, could even sell water filters on the side
>>
>>52069397
>water filters
I think you mean card sleeves.
>>
File: sdfe.png (1MB, 816x838px) Image search: [Google]
sdfe.png
1MB, 816x838px
>>52069397
>>
>>52068807
Rudy = Alex Jones?
>>
>>52069651
Rudy isn't Alex. He had a chance to be, but Wizards throttled his distributor and he became a good little piece of controlled opposition.
>>
Just shaved all my facial hair that I've had for almost a year.

AMA
>>
>>52069651
I think it would be funny if Rudy compared himself to Infowars, tagged himself on Twitter or something and suddenly got a huge new following.

It happens. Fans of one group blitz another and god forbid if some of them stay.
>>
>>52069688
Magic for fun or to win?
>>
>>52069726
Build the shell for fun.

Add the meta pieces to win.
>>
>>52068847
You got it wrong Alex, Gay gitrogs is just a meme
The real problem is the Collector Elite who line their pockets with cash by screwing working and middle class Americans out of their hard earned money by artificially increasing costs of cards and claim that their actions are "for the better of the community"
>>
>>52068836
SPECULATOR SCUM

I'VE SEEN THROUGH ALL YOUR LIES, MARK ROSEWATER, YOU WICKED WICKED DEVIL! AHHHHHH

I'M A TIMMY! I'M A PIONEER! I'VE GOT GREEN MANA RAMPING IN MY POOL AND I'M COMING FOR YOU
>>
>>52069864
>I'VE GOT GREEN MANA RAMPING IN MY POOL
Topic-based metaphors being shouted unironically are just the worst. It's not funny and it makes you sound like a clown. It's not even witty.

It's perfect.
>>
>>52069673
>>52069690
>>52069881

>We are in this meta, and Chapin's decks showed it, Kibler's deck showed it: there's at least 12 hidden formats, and all the top deckers and netdeckers are coming out, saying it's a false hologram. It is artificial; the computers are scanning it and finding tension points where decks are artificially projected, and broken cards are bleeding into the Modern meta - that's what they call the Banned List - so we are like a thought or a dream that's a wisp in some computer program, some WOTC employee's mind or whatever.

>There is this "Sub-exile Zone" below the third format which is used by the most horrible things - that's what it resonates to - and it's trying to get up into the third format (that's just a basic level consciousness, to launch into the next levels.) And our species is already way up at the fifth/sixth format consciously (our best players). But there's this war, trying to basically destroy players, because players have free will. And there's a decision - which level we want to go to. We have free will, so Netdeckers are allowed to come and contend (and not just good). And the WOTC executives themselves believe they are racing, using advanced deck technology, to try to take our best minds and build some type of Super-deck, where they are going to merge with artifacts on the reserved list, transcend and break away from the 'failed format' that is Modern.
>>
>>52069864
you forgot to mention the vampire speculator pedophile ring
>>
File: 1488480871570.jpg (26KB, 375x360px) Image search: [Google]
1488480871570.jpg
26KB, 375x360px
>>52069899
>>
how shitty is this list?
>>
>>52069999
You've cracked the code. Those digits confirm it.
>>
>>52069999
might as well throw coco in their while your at it desu
>>
File: Baral, Chief of Compliance_AER.jpg (57KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
Baral, Chief of Compliance_AER.jpg
57KB, 312x445px
You know, sometimes I get a little sad when my cards lose value. But I get over it. Reprints cause the ratio of supply and demand to change. It's bound to happen.

And sometimes I feel a little happy when my cards blow up in value, but then I get frustrated when I realize the demand is artificially caused by people investing in cardboard to try and make a living.

I really just want to play cards with people. Maybe I should move to xmage or some shit. People seem to be turned off by the thought of using proxies for some reason, while at the same time complaining that good cards are outside of their budget.

I've kinda lost focus on what I was saying. Anyway, placed 4th out of 33 with Gifts Storm at a small TCGPlayer event. Fatigue got to me though. Don't know how people manage to play 9 hours straight without making mistakes.
>>
>>52069043

Here is what I have in mind. I scrapped the green to play 4 Ghost Quarters (further resource denial, albeit no Strip Mine.)

8-fect

Lands
4x Inkmoth Nexus
4x Ghost Quarter
3x Urborg, Tomb of Yawgmoth
10x Swamp

Spells
4x The Rack
4x Shreiking Affliction
3x Liliana of the Veil
4x Phyrexian Crusader
3x Thoughtseize
4x Raven's Crime
3x Wrench Mind
3x Dismember
2x Fatal Push
4x Inquisition of Kozilek
4x Funeral Charm
1x Murderous Cut
>>
>>52070053
might as well. what should i take out? i was thinking one land, 2 pridemages and 1 ooze?
>>
File: 181Ampharos.png (137KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
181Ampharos.png
137KB, 600x600px
>>52070057
Congratulations. Competitive events are rough. Did you win anything?
>>
>>52069939
>>52069899
>>52069826
>>52069864
We could call the thing (Ghostly) Prison Planet
Rant on about how WotC hates combo players and is trying to start a combo genocide by advocating for more and more aggro in the format
>>
>>52070057
>9 hours
>only 33 players
Holy shit wow.
My local store does monthly events that regularily have +100 players and they rarely last longer than 8 hours .
>>
>>52070107
I'd rather call it Unban Twin tee bee haych.
>>
>>52070095
You can probably take out the llanowar elves desu I feel like 30 mana sources is too much even if you do need to curve. I'd probably cut down liege a bit too, maybe like 3 copies since it's bad with coco.

something like

-Wilt
-scooze
-2 birds of elves
>>
>>52070107
Call it The Young Pyromancers
>>
>>52067548
mother of runes
>>
>>52070169
Only if we get someone with a British accent to make a parody skeptic account and make response videos to all the shit we say
He'll be called Ali from Cairo
I'm bad at jokes
>>
>>52066713
it's because we want the turbo-autist stinkfats to emulate the behavior of respectable players like LSV and Reid Duke.
>>
File: 163.jpg (33KB, 312x445px) Image search: [Google]
163.jpg
33KB, 312x445px
>>52070100
I got a playmat, $20 store credit, and 15 of those TCGPlayer points.

>>52070125
9 might have been exaggerating, closer to 8. But 6 matches, followed by a top 8, at 50 minutes a match adds up.

Lost to Allies feat. CoCo. Game 1 made a huge misplay, cracking a fetch and ruining my scry. Game 2 couldn't manage to remove Eidolon of Rhetoric in time.

Bought some foil Japanese Rituals, because I'm in love with the Kamigawa block, and a bit of a weeb.
>>
>og fulminator mage is $40 overnight

fuck speculators
>>
>>52070411
What's wrong?
>>
File: grishoalbrand.png (381KB, 969x357px) Image search: [Google]
grishoalbrand.png
381KB, 969x357px
Post em lads
>>
>>52070411
Agreed

I would like them to get rid of the Reserved List out of nowhere just so every speculator and """investor""" would get fucked and they'd leave mtg for something else
>>
>>52070482
Reddit please.
>>
File: Rakdos_budget.png (16KB, 672x217px) Image search: [Google]
Rakdos_budget.png
16KB, 672x217px
There's this kid at my LGS who keeps getting shit on because his R/B deck is awful. He refuses to change up his colors so me and a few of the other players whipped up a relatively budget deck in R/B that he should be able to build for about $40 + what he already has.

Does anyone here have any ideas on how we could improve it while keeping it dirt cheap or is this about as good as this kind of budget pile of junk will get?
>>
>>52070522
https://www.mtggoldfish.com/articles/budget-magic-93-30-tix-modern-rakdos-aggro

theres an ultra-budget version down there too
>>
>>52070604
Thanks but this is super gay.
>>
>>52070522
seems decent. good for you for trying to help him.

fanatic of mogis is good as well. might be better than the bumps. don't play bump. 18 creatures is too little.

the creature curve also seems a bit too high as well. Especially if it is modern you are going to be dead before you cast demigod/mogis.

i'd take out bump, mogis, demigod. put in more lower to the ground devotion creatures and use fanatic as a finisher
>>
>>52070522
Maybe Kederekt Parasite instead of Bump? Might be neat.
>>
>>52070522
the deck is still terrible because its all over the place. you are playing both very cheap threats, hand disruption, and big creatures. when building a deck you always want to squeeze the most value out of every card you have. whats the point of having cheap threats if in the aggro matchup you are going to blow them up with anger of the gods? my advice is to go full aggro. aggro is always cheap to play
>>
>>52070644
how is it super gay whatever that means?
>>
>>52070670
You 100% are mentally challenged.
>>
>>52070681
and you clearly do not know how to play the fucking game
>>
>>52070697
>projecting this hard
I hear Hearthstone is looking for new players. Give it a try.
>>
>>52070709
fine give that deck to that kid so that he can keep getting steamrolled and you keep playing your shitbrews
>>
File: cardart_ARB_Terminate.jpg (426KB, 750x450px) Image search: [Google]
cardart_ARB_Terminate.jpg
426KB, 750x450px
>>52070522
go midrange.
add lavaclaw reaches and replace the non-demigod creatures with pia and kiran and value cards ie dark-dwellers, night's whisper, k command, blightning, planeswalkers, etc. move anger to main. replace tormod's crypt with nihil spellbomb or extractions

I've actually felt that a BR moon deck could be positioned ok in this meta as moon reks a lot of decks and black gives you the non-path removal to kill huge eldrazi and shadows, as well as discard instead of only reactive answers that get ripped from your hand.
>>
>>52070735
Stay mad, fuckboy.
>>
>>52070758
how can I be mad when I know for sure that Id crush your shitty decks?
>>
>>52070780
Because they're not mine. Do you have reading comprehension issues? Fucking retard.
>>
>>52070825

>Fucking retard
youre the one whos projecting friend. I gave you perfectly reasonable arguments for the brew you made and you went full autistic calling me mentally challenged without providing any reasoning on why im wrong.
>>
>>52070658
Fanatic of Mogis seems like a solid finisher. Thanks for the input.
>>52070665
Seems spicy, although I don't know how much damage it will realistically get in.
>>52070670
Aggro seems like a good direction to take it, but the kid wants to play something more "midrangey"
>>52070737
K command seems a little out of budget, but I think he'd like the direction that you're going in. I know he owns a Chandra, Torch of Defiance, although I'm not sure how well She would fit into this shell.
>>
>>52070894
I didn't make that brew, dumbass. Try shitposting less and thinking more.
>>
File: Capture.png (18KB, 509x287px) Image search: [Google]
Capture.png
18KB, 509x287px
>>52070897
I made this right now and I might actually play with it
>>
Is it too much to ask for a deck that can play the fair game but also have combo back up?
>>
>>52071035
Yes
>>
>>52071035
Abzan Coco, but you'll get outvalued pretty easily against better midrange decks.
>>
>>52067609
just play legacy
>>
>>52067461
For my Kiln fiend/Prowess deck it is decent.

Replaces itself, boosts my duded, what there's not to love?
>>
>>52068592
>card that works in a deck built around it
vs
>card that can be used in any deck that splashes blue

BAN EVERYTHING AND LETS SLAM THOSE GRIZZLY BEARS FOR ULTIMATE MAGIC EXPERIENCE
>>
>>52071178
ban mountain desu
>>
>>52071214
Lets ban all basic lands so Timmies can slam their Terra stompers turn one.
>>
>>52066633
i've played infect forever and i didn't want to admit it but yeah infect is shit now because:

-blessed alliance, collective brutality, fatal push
-lack of git probe makes it harder to ever know whether it's safe or not
-decks like jund, death's shadow, abzan junk just shit all over you because they out-aggro you and they have more removal than you have protection
-also, lack of git probe means you will mulligan more and games depend very heavily on how well you draw

in the meta right now there's so much cheap removal and cheap hand disruption that whether you choose to hold your protection or to dump it you will get blown out anyways.

infect just won't be good in a meta where there are decks like DS because DS is more consistent, has better removal, and has better and safer aggro.
>>
>>52066633
infect is done for, anon
>>
>>52070483
You realize that getting rid of the RL would help every investor, right? Okay so it how it works is that you have a willingness to pay. Real basic economics right? Well the thing about investing into stuff, is that it's only going to hold a value if someone is willing to pay. How often does an Alpha Black Lotus actually get bought? Not very often, or it's not nearly as liquid as investors would tell you. So it's considered a frozen asset, mainly because you cannot sell it immediately or reliably.

Look at how often an Underground Seas actually sells. It's not very much. Yes, you can sell one for $300. That's nice, but how often? Not a lot. In fact, even SCG would rather sell off 30 $10 Underground Seas in a day than 1 $300 Sea a month. In essence, investing in mtg cards is like investing into a mortgage backed security, you're playing hot potato, trying to shuffle off duals before the inevitable RL removal.

The biggest issue with removing the RL is how Wizards distributes it such a way so that every player from pro to kitchen table has a chance to get play sets of duals affordably. That's the big issue. Speculators would pick up that distribution instantly and scalp the fuck out of it.
>>
>>52067548
True-name Nemesis
>>
>>52070482
is grishoal the least solitaire of the fast combo decks in modern?

>>52071432
been playing around with some UR delver and it reallly wants a sticky threat like nemesis

>>52070897
well he has pretty much all the removal, the red creatures are cheap. stormbreath, pia and kiran, dark-dwellers, bedlam reveler, inferno titan, etc are all under 3 bucks
>>
>>52072050
Sounds like he needs to play skred
>>
>>52072050
Not really. It may be the least linear but it's still really uninteractive. Solitaire isn't the same every game either.
>>
File: Koth.jpg (849KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
Koth.jpg
849KB, 1596x630px
Post 'em.
>>
>>52072742
>>>/reddit/
>>
>>52067566
Holy fuck can we just euthanize burn players already
>>
File: template.png (45KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
template.png
45KB, 1596x630px
>>52072769
Here's what yours looks like, because you spend all day waiting to respond and don't actually play.
>>
File: affinity.jpg (192KB, 1596x629px) Image search: [Google]
affinity.jpg
192KB, 1596x629px
>>52072742
>>
>>52071371
It doesn't matter if someone who is currently profiting off the Reserve List further profits by its abolition. The difference is that if you kill the Reserve List then PLAYERS can start winning by getting to play older formats.
>>
File: living end.png (664KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
living end.png
664KB, 1596x630px
>>52072742
>>
File: master of the mspaint arts.jpg (201KB, 1596x658px) Image search: [Google]
master of the mspaint arts.jpg
201KB, 1596x658px
>>52072742
I did my best
>>
>>52072865
Haha this is great.
>>
>>52072865
Thats pretty damn good, anon
>>
>>52067548

Goblin Warchief
Clickslither
Armageddon
Deep Analysis
Preordain
Baleful Strix
Goblin Welder
Rhystic Study

I dunno. A lot of things from around 2000-2003. And goblins.
>>
Played a modern flgs tournament last night with this pile of garbage and went 4-0 against legit decks. (2 Tron, 1 d/t and 1 elfball thing)

https://deckstats.net/decks/83371/685163-rg-stuff
Can someone explain to me why throwing meme cards in a deck can do this well?
Also open to any suggestions, because the deck was very fun to play. Lastly the sideboard is 1&2 of random hate cards most of which are artifact hate.

Did I just get lucky??
>>
>>52068592
That's what makes it acceptable though. It's narrow. It doesn't fit into every deck that splashes green. Ponder is a great card that helps nearly any deck that splashes blue and encourages other decks to splash blue to access it.
>>
>>52067281
Doubt you even need that shirt to tilt people
>>
File: n6yBDmg.png (765KB, 1280x903px) Image search: [Google]
n6yBDmg.png
765KB, 1280x903px
>>52067794
>Tron
>good fun
>>
>>52073183
>Can someone explain to me why throwing meme cards in a deck can do this well
This is a format where BGx good stuff decks are tier one and make up a huge part of the meta is it really any surprise that it works pretty well for other color combonations.
>>
>>52073183
You should probably just make the switch to Death Shadow Jund, you have a similar gameplan but DSJ is a little more resilient. It works well because efficient threats+removal is good and Stormbreath is an underrated card
>>
>>52068482
>>52068592

That's the idea anon. Have a (You).
>>
Why do people come to the Modern general when it's nothing but /v/-tier shitpost?
>>
>>52074027
You're right, you should leave
>>
>>52074027
To shitpost? I'm afraid I don't understand the question.
>>
So I haven't played Modern since Eldrazi was a thing, my local group just kinda died around that point and never recovered.

What's the meta been like? Has it gotten healthier, is it worse, does it kinda swing back and forth?
>>
>>52074394
How could it be worse than Eldrazi?
>>
>>52070061
inkmoth nexus

>why.jpg
>>
>>52070061
>>52074511

On second thought, damn this deck brings back so many memories.

Drop the 8-rack meme bullshit and go full on infect for funsies. Something to the tune of

4 x Crusader
4 x Vatmother
4 x Plague Stinger
4x Inkmoth

14 x Discard Spells
3 x Wrench Mind
2 x Runechanter's Pike/Lashwrithe
2-3 x Arenas/Night's Whisper
>>
>>52074413
Playing through combo winter, psychatog.dec, Mirrodin, and Caw-Blade prepared me for it. And the metagame can still be shit even without one obvious bullshit deck in it.
>>
>>52074617
I thought we were talking about modern
>>
>>52074644
The point is that while "how could it be worse" sounds clever it falls kinda flat when you put it in perspective. Bullshit happens and no format is exempted.

What I want to know is what sort of bullshit has happened between Eldrazi getting bad and now, and how Wizards either has or hasn't addressed it.
>>
Noob question here, why is Sudden Shock so common as a sideboard card ? An uncounterable shock for 2 doesn't seem all that great. Against infect (only matchup I see it mattering) I would prefer something like Spellskite, which is much more versatile.
At first I thought it was because it made Storm fizzle but I don't think it works that way...

So, what is it then ?
>>
>>52074703
Affinity, Elves, goes through opposing Spellskites, Ponza wants to kill manabirds that would get around Blood Moon without giving opportunity to Path for fetching basics.
>>
>>52074742
>Affinity

Oh yhea, didn't think about that one interaction with the Ravager. Thanks.
>>
Just finished building my first modern deck and I need experience piloting it. Should I fuck around on xmage or something because I don't want to bring it to my LGS without experience piloting it as all the modern players there are elitist dicks.
>>
>>52074698
The meta is fucked and the game seems more solved then ever.
The top decks just run hyper efficient creatures, catch all removal and mass hand disruption. I don't see why this would change in the coming months because it's hard to combat and it's very effective
>>
File: valakut.png (52KB, 555x307px) Image search: [Google]
valakut.png
52KB, 555x307px
R8 my Through the Breach brew.

I've been play testing Woodfall Primus since I've seen someone else run it and so far I'm very satisfied with the card : Unlike Emy you can play it without TtB in hand and it has great Synergy with it. Also incidentaly wrecks Tron pretty hard.

I'm still working on the sideboard, any advice welcome.
>>
>>52074394
Meta is now full of Chalice decks and lantern control, not as bad but still shit
>>
>>52074787
One thing I like, is sudden shocking a deaths shadow at 2 or 1 while they have a fetch out or some shit, oh it's real satisfying and I board one in just for that readon
>>
>>52075185
If they fetch at 11 life it's already too late.
>>
What's the best variant of Tron for fighting Death's Shadow Jund? I don't have Grove
>>
>>52074027
>Why do people come to the Modern general
>it's /v/-tier shitposts
Answered your own question.
>>
>>52075240
Both GW with Path and BG with Push are equally good g1, white has better sideboard options and the lategame is the same for all Gx variants, which DS can't beat. I'd go with white with some Blessed Alliance in the board.
>>
>>52075240
Then run brushlands as a substitute.
>>
>>52075240
GW because path is better than gr and gb removal, also blessed alliance can be pretty cheeky, also run more relics to shrink goyfs, and the sidebard hate is better
>>
>>52075286
>>52075282
>>52075276
Should add though that the matchup will literally never be favorable
>>
>>52075295
Are you serious?
>>
File: 1488455809501.png (195KB, 400x388px) Image search: [Google]
1488455809501.png
195KB, 400x388px
>Turn 3 Karn
>Turn 4 Ulamog
>>
>>52075286
To add to your post any tron variant should run from one to three relics mainboard as a safety measure.
>>
>>52075295
How is tron not favored vs a GBx deck?
>>
>>52075300
Are you suggesting Tron is favored against deaths shadow?
>>
>>52075316
Because they've achieved the perfect mix. They can out control you and out aggro you if need be.
Competitively, there is no reason not to be on DSJ
>>
>>52069864
top kek
>>
>>52075324
It is, the deck's critical turn is now something like 4-5, which just happens to line up with Oblivion Stone and Ugin into a scoop. Tron is basically immune to discard and if you have a Path you just bought yourself 2-3 turns.
>>
>>52075334
Is this the hot new meme?
>>
>>52075360
If you want. It's true though. I don't care for the opinions of posters that play at their local store once a week
>>
>>52075373
It's better than the opinion of someone who doesn't play at all, i.e. you
>>
>>52075276
>>52075282
>>52075286
Should I mainboard 4 Push over 4 collective brutality if I'm expecting DSJ? I want to try it with GB Tron for a bit before I get white sideboard/land base
>>
>>52075390
Oh shit, you sure got me
>>
>>52075403
Yes, brutality does nothing vs deaths shadow
>>
>>52075334
>They can out control you
>with no card advantage beyond kolaghan's command and a removal suite that can't even kill TKS without a fetch
>>52075403
Depends on how fast your meta is, the flex slots in the main are usually 1-2 Ugin, 3-4 Oblivion Stone, 3-4 spot removal, 0-2 Relic. If you're expecting lotsa DS go 4 Push 2 Relic. Brutality is only really good g1 vs Burn which you can't realistically beat anyway without a commitment in the board, Valakut and Ad Nauseam can be (sometimes) dealt with the LD plan via Karn and World Breaker.
>>
>>52075316
Because it has a clock that isn't 20 turns
>>
>>52075390
>m..m..muh ebin shit brew meta doesn't have any death's shadow so the deck can't be good
>>
>>52075167
>full of lantern control
What
>>
>>52075471
I crush deaths shadow on the reg, deck isn't unbeatable like that fucking retard thinks
>>
>>52075501
>I crush deaths shadow on the reg
Not with tron you don't
>>
Is there anything obscure or combo-y that has a decent fighting chance in Modern? Is Possibility Storm decent? Is Living End decent? Should I just consider Ad Nauseam instead?
>>
>>52075501
I never said that. It's the best deck in modern right now though
>>
>>52075508
I don't play tron so I don't know who you think you're talking to
>>
>>52075511
Yeah as nauseum is the best traditional combo deck, but storm is climbing up and is a bit cheaper, it might go somewhere
>>
>>52075511
Tooth and nail.
>>
>>52075511
Living End is basically a hard counter to anything BGx and Eldrazi and anything creature beatdown, has game vs opposing combo decks, doesn't care about Blood Moon and can fight through hate better than, say, Dredge. It's considerable.
>>
>>52075511
Lost in the woods
>>
>>52075525
The point of this argument was that tron beats DSJ you stupid cunt
>>
>>52075537
>Hard counter to BGx
Uh...
>>
>>52075543
Your post didn't make any reference to that. The way you wrote it sounded like you had the dsj cock so far down your throat that baubles were coming out your ears
>>
>>52075543
How about you learn to follow a comment chain you illiterate monkey
>>
>>52075556
How is it not? You keep hands with nothing but cyclers and don't give two shits about discard, go off eot and kill them in one swing. Scavening Ooze is slow af.
>>
>>52075573
>>52075576
t. ass blasted tron cucks getting shit on
>>
>>52075581
Why not just counter all their shit then sphinxs rev for 15 and win?
>>
>>52075631
ebin
>>
>>52075542
I just looked this up and I'm building it tonight.
>>
>>52075481
>I lost to lantern control that one time
>LC is the part of the cancer destroying the modern meta.

ok
>>
>>52075542
What does it do besides undo attacks?

>>52075537
I know that Living End, unlike Dredge and Storm, doesn't fold to hate, since you can just hardcast if necessary..

>>52075529
Is it possible to win with Ad Nauseam against Aggro and discard? It would seem on the surface that all one would need is discard for one of the two combo pieces, then Surgical Extraction or Extripate.
>>
>>52075669
Most decks don't run surgical or extirpate main board. Also yeah it can win against aggro and discard
>>
Is modern just people that are too poor for Legacy? Why yes. Yes it is.
>>
>>52075669
Suspending LE is not where you want to be, but the deck already runs 4 Fulminators with SSGs accelerating to keep your opponent off mana and buy tempo and Beast Within as a catch-all answer. Hardcasting your fatties after using LE simply as a boardwipe if your opponent has Leyline or RIP is a legit plan, they don't die to bolt after all.

Ad Nauseam is great vs non-Infect aggro, since Phyrexian Unlife is gain 10+ and you have 4 Leylines in the board vs bgx. I've won games with Leyline, 2 Lotus Blooms and the combo without lands in opening 6. Getting your shit surgical'd happens mostly vs Lantern Control, which is an unwinnable matchup anyway.
>>
>>52075631
SPEAKING OF MEME BREWS

R8 'N' H8
GONNA BRING THIS BABY TO FNM

2x Blessed Alliance
4x Dissolve
4x Izzet Charm
2x Jeskai Charm
4x Lightning Bolt
3x Lightning Helix
3x Negate
2x Path to Exile
3x Sphinx's Revelation
3x Telling Time
3x Clifftop Retreat
4x Glacial Fortress
3x Island
2x Mountain
2x Plains
4x Sulfur Falls
2x Temple of Enlightenment
2x Temple of Epiphany
2x Temple of Triumph
1x Banefire
2x Supreme Verdict
1x Elixir of Immortality
2x Isochron Scepter
>>
File: deathsshadow.jpg (35KB, 265x370px) Image search: [Google]
deathsshadow.jpg
35KB, 265x370px
Why would anyone not play death's shadow?
You're just putting yourself at a disadvantage either because you are retarded or poor.
Literally all I can think of when someone plays something now DSJ is this song
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=14K6KtBlusY
For real if you're not playing DSJ just get the fuck out of my face and stop wasting my time. Your deck is shit and it's embarassing.
>>
>>52075745
Nobody plays paper legacy
>>
>>52075792
im not even the guy that posted but you're wrong. granted my LGS proxies some cards
>>
>>52075784
https://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/building-budget/deckbuilding-101-five-tips-better-deckbuilding-2006-06-05
>>
>>52075811
Why would you link me this shit?

Not enough creature tappening for ya? Because the mana base works for me.
>>
>>52075842
http://magic.wizards.com/en/articles/archive/magic-academy/building-your-first-deck-2006-10-28
>>
>>52075852
Aight, you're retarded.
>>
>>52075864
https://hobbylark.com/card-games/How-To-Build-A-Magic-the-Gathering-Deck-Beginners
>>
>>52075792
Maybe if you don't live in a city
>>
File: 1488954134046.jpg (122KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
1488954134046.jpg
122KB, 800x600px
>>52075842
>>52075864
>rate and hate
>can't take the hate
>>
File: colorless eldrazi.jpg (241KB, 1596x630px) Image search: [Google]
colorless eldrazi.jpg
241KB, 1596x630px
>>
>>52075982
What rate? He links me to random newbie articles for shits and giggles.

And it should be obvious it's not a tryhard 100% competetive deck, for that I got tron.
>>
>>52075784
This is terrible. What's your win con? Isochron a burn spell. Try a bit harder next time
>>
File: IMG_0057.png (387KB, 619x386px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.png
387KB, 619x386px
>>52076044
>tron
>competitive
>>
Rate my deck? My friend made it for me and while it works everyone calls it a joke deck at the lgs but i went 2-3 so that's not terrible. Is there anything I could change to make it better?

1x Breeding Pool
1x Godless Shrine
1x Hallowed Fountain
1x Island
4x Misty Rainforest
1x Mountain
1x Overgrown Tomb
1x Plains
1x Stomping Ground
1x Swamp
1x Temple Garden
4x Windswept Heath
4x Fog
4x Holy Day
3x Lightning Bolt
4x Mana Leak
4x Silence
4x Turn Aside
4x Serum Visions
2x Thoughtseize
2x Dark Confidant
4x Thermo-Alchemist
4x Thing in the Ice Flip
3x Paradise Mantle

Sideboard
3x Dispel
4x Hallow
4x Negate
4x Psychic Barrier
>>
>>52076073
>win on
To have fun.
>>
What's the best dumb x-cost spell I can include in Gx Tron
>>
>>52075785
>it can out control you
>it can out aggro you
It truly is, dare I say, the perfect mix
>>
>>52076356
is this dare i say it.... /ourdeck/?
>>
>>52076339
Walking Ballista.
>>
>>52076356
Is it aggro or control?
>>
>>52076392
>not genesis wave
>>
>>52076412
Good luck getting triple color like ever.
>>
>>52076396
It's both simultaneously
>>
>>52076255
Sorry but going 0-4 isn't fun for me
>>
With 3 Snaps, 2 Logic Knot and 3 Cryptic, do I want Tasigur or torrential gearhulk as a 2-of in Esper Draw-go
>>
>>52076749
Fuck I mean 1-of
>>
Will Torrential Gearhulk see any play in modern?

Bought a $115 mono blue control deck with a playset of Gearhulks. Apart from getting wrecked by aggro when I finally play it, I'm wondering if I'll get any use of it if I switch to modern.

I'm pretty new to MTG btw. But I like it a lot so $115 seems fine for my first constructed deck.
>>
>>52074883
>skred won a gp last year
>death shadow won a gp this year
>solved

Ok
>>
>>52076828
post the list, I too love a pocket full of blue.

you can use gearhulks if you're doing the engulf the shore plan. What creatures are you running?
>>
I'm gonna build Modern Battle of Wits.
>>
I'm a pretty new MTG player. I bought a cheap standard deck and played a few casual games in my LGS. Talked to older players, and had alot of fun. I also played some EDH. I liked the format and ordered a EDH deck online.
But while that is nice for some casual play i also want to attend small local FNM in the long run and maybe win some competitive games. I figured that a good standard deck will run at the same price as a budget modern deck, but the modern deck won't fall to rotation and has "eternal" value.
I looked at some budget deck and really liked BW Tokens with spirits.
The thing is that i read that BW tokens isn't even tier 2 and not competitive.
My question is: where is a good point to start? I'd like a budget deck that is somewhat competetive and can be uograded over time. I generally like the colors black white and red and like to be the aggressor.
Please no mono red burn. I don't like the idea of throwing burn spells at the face. I'd like to swing with some minions/assign blockers/enjoy minion combat.
>>
>>52076877
plea for guidance, lost auramancers, enduring ideal, idyllic tutor

Good luck
>>
>>52076915
infernal tutor, diabolic tutor, he's got options
>>
>>52076910
BW tokens is fine if you just want to play at FNM, you don't need a tiered deck to compete at FNM

BW tokens doesn't upgrade into anything amazing (best thing would be Mardu midrange but its not a great color combo in modern) but you pick up a lot of staples playing red, black, white that you can use in anything else you want to build
>>
>>52076915
>>52076945
Thank you both.
>>
>>52076848
Slivers have also won a gp. Variance is a thing even shit decks can take advantage of.

Look at all the top decks. Either they are valakut, gbx, or sol land shit. It's solved dude
>>
>>52076877
Reminds me of an old friend who had an 800 card Battle of Wits deck. After the first time playing against it, I bought him an electric card shuffler.
>>
>>52077009
It's nice if you to befriend someone with autism
>>
>>52076851
The deck list is in the description. Only creatures are Gearhulks and Baral. There are a couple Jace, Unraveler of Secrets.

I'm really looking forward to playing it at my LGS. I'd honestly be happy with just one win
>>
>>52077176
Oops

https://youtu.be/h39KlZd_mXM
>>
>>52077009
I played it back in Standard. Thinking about going 230-card Prison/DnT enchants in Esper.
>>
>>52077319
Think about killing yourself as well
>>
>>52076945
demonic collusion, behold the beyond, bringer of the black dawn, diabolic revelation, increasing ambition, liliana vess, maralen of the morningson, planar portal, runescarred demon
>>
>>52077333
Why? Because I want to have fun with a game? Perish the thought.
>>
>>52077525
>battle of wits
>fun
>>
>>52077880
>>52077880
>>52077880

new thread lads
>>
>>52068086
>un-ironically using the term "nu-males"
How's the kool-aid, friend? Was it worth it?
>>
>>52075529
>it might go somewhere
If it ever finishes in the top 8 of a GP, WOTC will ban Grape Shot. They hate the deck with a remarkable passion.
>>
>>52075785
This, desu.
>>
So i played some mtg casually in high school.
I want to get back into mtg, should i make a budget deck like soul sisters or save up to buy something good.
>>
>>52075792
Nah, I just want power levels that are low enough to acknowledge my opponent into not playing solitaire, but not so low that it becomes creatures the tappening in standard
Thread posts: 341
Thread images: 38

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.