[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Character Concept Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 9

File: 1488839765999.jpg (262KB, 1000x800px) Image search: [Google]
1488839765999.jpg
262KB, 1000x800px
Post the current character concepts you are tinkering with and/or just wanna play in the future.

Starting with the 3 I'm working on for first game on D&D 5E with the group.

>neutral paladin of Tempus. I wanna go with someone who is pushing for war/putsh/skirmishes in regions who have known peace for too much time. But is also trying to put down warlords who are ravaging the countryside for too long, comitting too much attrocities. Basically he's trying to maintain some balance in war.

>young and naive mage, using necromancy for good and helping people. doesn't understand when people hate seeing spooky skeletons workings the fields or taking care of the cows with straw hat on their head. Wanna learn more and more magic so he can help more and more people, so he can "redeem" necromancy as a noble magical art

>ex-city guard, fired for corruption business and too much zeal when quashing riots or interrogating suspects. latino bad cop with gambling issues who's loyal to money and a handful of friends. may or may not be in trouble for huge debt.

r8 or ber8
>>
File: Ortega.jpg (44KB, 464x898px) Image search: [Google]
Ortega.jpg
44KB, 464x898px
>>52058634
Shamelessly bumping with lewd art inspiration for the ex-city guard.

fight me
>>
>>52058634
> Druid who is completely terrified of nature. He respects it, but to him it's nothing but death, disease and predators bred perfectly to kill you in a hundred different ways. He thinks it's his job to protect people from nature, rather than the other way around. He likes domesticated animals and vermin, because he thinks their smart enough to live where it's safe.

> Dwarven warrior who headbutts with his specially designed helmet in order to keep his hands free for drinking. Smashes through doors and walls with his head, may or may not yell "OH YEAH" as he does so.

> Depressed bard who made it big with one hit, but faded into obscurity. He only ever plays the same song, and if asked to try something else gets really quiet and start mumbling to himself. "Kid's used to love that song..."

> Blind Seer named "Eyes no Eyes", there really isn't anything to this one, i just think the name is silly and i like it.
>>
>>52058781
>Roll to intimidate.
>I'M GONNA HEADBUTT YA UNTIL THERE'S NOTHING BUT A BUTT LEFT!
>>
> A cleric who can accept afflictions from innocent and take them upon himself. I imagine him looking like pic related.

> A kobold warpriest who beats people with his bible, "The Book Wyrm"

> A wizard who dresses and acts like an 80s or 90s hacker. His somatic components are furiously typing away at the air. When he gets through spell resistance he'd say shit like "I'm in."

> 4 armed race wielding TWO BOWS
>>
File: 250px-Leper.png (105KB, 250x339px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Leper.png
105KB, 250x339px
>>52059011
>forgot pic related
>>
File: chuckle.gif (993KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
chuckle.gif
993KB, 250x250px
>>52058781
>may or may not yell "OH YEAH"
>>
>>52058634
>>young and naive mage, using necromancy for good and helping people. doesn't understand when people hate seeing spooky skeletons workings the fields or taking care of the cows with straw hat on their head. Wanna learn more and more magic so he can help more and more people, so he can "redeem" necromancy as a noble magical art.

Except that in most settings, Necromancy is inherently evil, requiring sacrifices of blood, life energy, souls, ect, or it's inherently corruptive and drives it's users insane. Necromancy isn't abhorred in most setting simply because it's "spooky", ALL magic is spooky to uneducated non-mages. Necromancy is abhorred because it's actually abhorrable. Stick to making golems or constructs if all you're after is free labor.
>>
>A young adult human Warlock who made a pack for the sole purpose of becoming a rich and famous entertainer (fire breathing). She has no natural talent for magic but saw the advantage that it gives for her line of work. May or may not be in deep shit for fucking with the wrong people with her new powers.

>A tiefling wizard who is now an army veteran. Now he suffers PTSD and wishes to atone for the horrors he has been a part of. May or may not have been a torturer.

>A cannibal female human ranger(?)
This one needs more work, but I really like the idea of playing a cannibal. Inspired by the Forsworn in Skyrim.

>A half-elf gypsy bard and/or rogue who plays the harmonica.
This one also needs more work.

Please help.
>>
>A thief who is a reverse kleptomaniac and instead of breaking into places to steal valuables he breaks in and places valuables along with a note saying how the world is wonderful.

>A Wizard whose powers revolve around bread I.E. summons bread, launches burnt rolls as blasts, traps his enemies in big wads of dough, uses flour as a smoke screen.

>A dog who used be a great king until he pissed off a sorcerer queen and got transformed. Talks in barks (one is yes, two is no, etc.) and drawing stuff in the dirt with a stick.

>A skeleton bartender who is an alcoholic but can't enjoy it because he has no fleshy bits so it just winds up on the floor. Wears an apron and wields a heavy wooden chair leg. Must wipe down every counter and glass he sees.

>A rock with a face painted on it and a tiny hat that has telepathy. Talks using its "thoughts" and sounds like an angry Scotsman.
>>
>>52059771
>I have done nothing but summon bread for four days.
>>
>>52058634

>A rollerblading pizza delivery girl living in early 90s NYC. The pizzeria is owned by an abrasive but kind-hearted Italian-American vampire.
>>
I want an Open Hand/Sun Soul Monk with Magic Initiate for Druid, always talking about how Ki is the force that hold the universe together. Get Guidance, Sheleligh, and maybe Speak With Animals or Animal Friendship, fluffed as using Ki to be at peace with the world. We're planning a Weeb campaign soon anyway, complete with Arcane Trickster (ninja), Samurai (paladin oath of the crown), and Shugenja style dude using all paper talismans for his spells (wizard).
>>
>Necromancer/Rogue. He's part of the city's police force, working as an investigator who solves crimes of a Necromantic nature.

>Gnome wizard who doesn't believe in magic. All spell effects have a perfectly scientific explanation and most of his down time is spent experimenting and writing theories about this
>>
>>52059771
>A thief who is a reverse kleptomaniac and instead of breaking into places to steal valuables he breaks in and places valuables
This is called reverse breaking and entering, and is used to frame someone you don't like.

>Oh, that's some nice jewelry you have there... funny, looks just like the family necklace that has been passed down for generations... That just got stolen yesterday.... GUARDS!
>>
>>52060335
>NO! For the last time, we will NOT put garlic on you pizza!
>>
File: 99 persuasion.jpg (136KB, 599x879px) Image search: [Google]
99 persuasion.jpg
136KB, 599x879px
A friend of mine just started a homebrew campaign with his online friends and I'm thinking of joining him. Never played any PnP before and all of them are apparently new aswell except for the DM who has come up with the setting (Frozen wasteland, three main races are human, elves and dwarves that fight against one another. That's pretty much all I know).
The rules are pretty simple and VERY loose (we are free to come up with our own abilities). It's mainly focused on combat encounters but I'd like to play a support class and tinkering with creating a dwarf bard that plays a big ass blowhorn and buffs/debuffs with different songs.

Thus far I haven't thought so much about his story, but something along of
>A dwarf-elf that was born on the road to members of a traveling music ensemble (elf mother who played the flute, dwarf father who was the roadie)
>my character inherited his mothers love for music but also his fathers stubby fingers which rendered him incapable of playing most instruments.
>[something happens, parents die/disappear]
>he finds/is given/steals/dunno a big horn of some creature (maybe taken from a yeti that killed his parents)
>makes it into a blowhorn and finds it to be a perfect instrument for him

dunno really what the fuck to do
>>
>A bladepact warlock who was a stable hand in [GENERIC FANTASY VILLAGE] and was well respected by the townsfolk. Was romancing the local beauty and everything was peachy-keen. Then a dragon shows up. Dragon demands tribute of most beautiful women etc. etc. Eventually he asks for character's woman and no else stands up to defend her. Character goes on quest to kill dragon and gets roflstomped. As he's dying he's contacted by a demon who says that he'll help him kill the dragon for a price. Angry farmboy accepts, Dragon is killed in wrath of hellfire and as he' about to rescue his grill, Demon chimes up. His price? Kill the woman you love. Forced by demonic hands, he kills her. The sword stained with her blood is his pact weapon. Despite all this, he's a good guy, having seen the shit there is in the world so he knows it could be a lot worse and he's determined to make it a better place and travels around righting the evils caused by his pact demon. Really liked the idea of a warlock who is totally at odds with his pact giver and someone with an edgy backstory whose still a cool dude.
>>
>>52058634
>Wanna learn more and more magic so he can help more and more people, so he can "redeem" necromancy as a noble magical art
>"REDEEM" NECROMANCY

You know why desecrating the dead is taboo right? You couldn't go to the afterlife if you weren't given a proper burial. Hop out of here with that shit, do some research.
>>
>A young trickster Mage who uses illusions to appear as a wise old magician to the rest of the party.

>A Barbarian who deems most foes unworthy of his axe and so throws it down and beats them up in hand to hand/with improvised weapons.

>A Paladin who believes none are above redemption and takes criminals under his wing, trains them as squires and them executes them when they have finally atoned for their sins so that they can go to heaven.

>A Warlock who was a hunter/gatherer and went into wild wintery forests with other hunters and when they got caught up in a snow storm he became a cannibal. When the snows cleared he had made a pact with a wendingo-esque fey creature in exchange for power.
>>
File: ffs.png (6KB, 344x326px) Image search: [Google]
ffs.png
6KB, 344x326px
>>52065343
>executes them when they have finally atoned for their sins so that they can go to heaven.
That one got an audible "Christ" out of me
>>
Grizzled old homeless war veteran cyborg hobo living on abandoned train tracks, selling cheap booze and busking with his cheap guitar. His cyborg arm plays pretty decent, but he did install a speaker in there so who knows what he's playing.
>>
Here's my list of future characters. A few were taken from other sources but I don't remember where.

>Farmer who left home and became a hermit monk after contracting lycanthropy. Left so he wouldn't hurt his family/hometown, looking for cure. Quiet dude, drinks most of the time. Writes letters to children/wife and promises to visit.
>Orc whose parents were killed by paladins.
>Rogue pretending to be a spell caster for fame and fortune (sort of street magician, sleight of hand-y). Missing a few fingers from being caught.
>qt tomboy, farm-raised paladin. LG, naive, left home for adventure. Writes to family often. Gradually gets mind broken and jaded from the horrors she sees.
>Ex-gladiator. Doesn't wear shoes.
>Character writing a guide to monsters, keeps book and writes down details after fights. Tendency to put their want for knowledge over their own wellbeing gets them in trouble often.
>Claustrophobic dwarf who will do near anything to avoid spending their whole life in mines.
>Writer who set off on an adventure to cure their writer's block.
>Librarian who accidentally stumbled upon a wizard's spellbook.
>Wizard adventuring to pay off student loans.

And lastly, my current character:

>Red dragon who got polymorphed into a human by messing with the wrong group of clerics. Adventuring to find a way to turn himself back. Has enormous ego and uses predominantly fire magic.
>>
>young female bard who lived a sheltered life with her high class parents runs away before they can marry her off
>Has complete meltdown when she gets to combat and realizes people die
>>
File: No Mad Brow.png (399KB, 615x544px) Image search: [Google]
No Mad Brow.png
399KB, 615x544px
>>52059011
> 4 armed race wielding TWO BOWS
>>
>>52058634
Wanted to play a really small wizard/sorcerer like 1' or so that way I can ride around on my familiar during combat casting fireball and shit. Was also gonna RP having a pretty bad Napoleon complex and would always want to proves themselves by challenging much bigger opponents.The entire thing was based on the idea of a 1' tall farie or something constantly shouting "fight me" at people clearly 10x their size.
>>
>>52065733
>Librarian who accidentally stumbled upon a wizard's spellbook.
I like it.

>Wizard adventuring to pay off student loans.
I like it even more
>>
>>52059771
>>A Wizard whose powers revolve around bread I.E. summons bread, launches burnt rolls as blasts, traps his enemies in big wads of dough, uses flour as a smoke screen.
Reminds me of playing a mage.
>>
Halfling farmer turned necromancer in her attempts to bring back her dog. She succeeded, to an extent - but now her dog is a zombie...
>>
>>52068769
Mtg had an entire race of snake people that specialized in this. Kamigawa is still my favorite setting in mtg.
>>
File: 1480084578256.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1480084578256.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
A character that puts all of his points into crafting pots.
>>
File: 1486007967203.gif (1MB, 320x240px) Image search: [Google]
1486007967203.gif
1MB, 320x240px
>>52068769
It's everything i ever wanted
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.