[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Lacking Lore: Belegar Ironhammer, True King of Eight Peaks

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 5

File: image.jpg (190KB, 254x478px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 254x478px
By the G&F novels we know that Belegar got a foothold in K8Ps, by the End Times we know that he died fighting against gobbos and skaven, but what happened before that?

Can the exodus from Karak Izor and the Vaults presented by TW: Warhammer be taken as canon?

How the fuck did this madman manage in the first place to sneak trough the Badlands and besiege K8Ps?

Also, fuck Grimgor Marysuehide
>>
>>52025385
Fuck Grimgor indeed, he's everything unfunny about orcs. As for the canon, WHFB is dead, Jim.
>>
>>52025411
>he's everything unfunny about orcs

???

Kicking Archy in the balls was pretty funny.
>>
>>52025385
>Also, fuck Grimgor Marysuehide
I just hate the fact that, due to regiments of renown, he levels up quicker than any other lord and can thus pull an army out of his ass by turn 30
>>
File: image.jpg (104KB, 344x474px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
104KB, 344x474px
>>52025411
>WHFB is dead

But not its memory m8, and thus its lore.
I want to know more about the Old World lore, because it's nice and full of epic shenanigans, while AoS's is, well, lacking to say the least.

About pic related, did he even play a part in the End Times?
Why is his new model just a white haired slayer?
>>
>>52025464
That is a nice note, but he spared Archy too, and that's just infuriating, it was literally a "that's why we can't have nice things!" moment
>>
>>52025472
My Dawi legendary campaign met its end at turn 5 because of that
>>
>>52025522
>mfw having fight him 3 times at full strength before he retreated into a place I could nail him down.
I finally discovered the trick was to never actually target the RoR.
>>
>>52025473
Yes, he appeared to save malekith at some point, they were bff in the past, and then I think partecipated in the last dwarfen shieldwall along the ghosts of other ancestors.
>>
>>52025678
Kill the Lord and everyone loses their shit, it works for Orcs and Vamps too.
The tricky part is to kill someone tanky as Grimgor or Mannlet von Carstein or, even worse, Vlad.

How were on the tabletop in ye olde days Grimgor and Mannfred?
>>
>>52025824
Grimgor's such a colossal pain in the ass that I just find it easier to tarpit him with Slayers, wipe out his army and kill him in the rout.
Last time I tried the assassin route, He took on Belegar and all three of the melee ghost heroes, forced me to pull back two of them die in 3 hits and nearly won.
>>
File: ytdyJpD.jpg (745KB, 900x2204px) Image search: [Google]
ytdyJpD.jpg
745KB, 900x2204px
>>52025411
>>52025472
>>52025522
>Fuck Grimgor indeed
Indeed.

Also, WHFB isn't dead as long as CA keep making games.
https://www.pcgamesn.com/total-war-warhammer/total-war-warhammer-2-sequel
Funny how GW isn't pushing for them or anyone else to make AoS games. It's almost as if CA nor GW's vidya division think AoS is any good.
>>
>>52025882
WHFB will live as long as there are people and LGSes that play it.
>>
>>52025848
The only melee battle you can win against Grimgor is the one you don't fight.
>>
>>52026017
Durthu, Kholek and Franz on Deathclaw can reliably kill him if you abuse charges.
Vlad, and I think Archaon, have a chance of killing him when fully upgraded.

Otherwise he just minces everything in his path
>>
>>52026028
>Franz of Deathclaw
Since I tested multiple times a Franz & D VS Louen & B duel and Louen won almost always, I think it's safe to say that Louen too could 1v1 Grimgor effectively.
>>
WHFB is in a place where GW can't touch it anymore, so better than ever.
I'd disregard anything from End Times, because Belegar just dying unceremoniously with no real point to it is both stupid and boring.
>>
>>52026147
Probably, but it Depends on how reliably his charge can knock down Grimgor, since that's the key to winning
>>
>>52025385
>Can the exodus from Karak Izor and the Vaults presented by TW: Warhammer be taken as canon?
Why not? The setting is dead.
>>
File: true lord of eight peaks.jpg (380KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
true lord of eight peaks.jpg
380KB, 1920x1080px
>>52025385
>cucklegar nohammer
>lord of Eight Peaks
Make way for the True Lord of Eight Peaks
>>
>>52025473
I hate that his new model is a white fireslayer
>>
>>52025411
>WHFB is dead
Tell that to my pile of WHFB and WHFRPG and Mordheim books. I don't have to play what GW tells me to play, just like how I play Basic DnD still instead of whatever Wizards is putting out now adays.
>>
>>52028169
DELETE THIS
>>
>>52028169
You want Grudges? I got grudges.
>>
>>52028169
*Muffled Intensive Scheming*
>>
>>52028623
"Hey kid... wanna buy some schemes?"
>>
>>52028169
Delete this at once
>>
File: IMG_0057.jpg (12KB, 479x206px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0057.jpg
12KB, 479x206px
>>52028169
>mfw Gobbla ate one of the ancestors
>he ate a fucking ghost
>>
>>52028205
>fireslayer
fyreslayer

Got to stay copyright-friendly.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.