[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So my D&D players burst in on a ritual sacrifice to Obox-Ob,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 7
Thread images: 1

File: obox ob.jpg (50KB, 400x541px) Image search: [Google]
obox ob.jpg
50KB, 400x541px
So my D&D players burst in on a ritual sacrifice to Obox-Ob, Demon Prince of Vermin... and decided they wanted in. They gave the cultist a better human sacrifice, and then afterwards tried to sacrifice him when he wouldn't be their slave.
Anyway, long story short, they worship Obox-Ob now. They wanted material benefits for worshiping him, so I came up with a ritual that involves sacrificing 6 people from 6 different races to gain their life force (gain XP). Since this is 4th edition (because I'm a faggot), I was thinking it could just be a skill challenge, but I have no idea what skills to involve besides Religion.
Anyone wanna help me come up with a fucked-up ritual that'll make them rethink whether worshiping a demon lord is such a good idea? Something more interesting than just raping or torturing their victims. I'm looking for ways to involve the other players besides just the cleric.
>>
Idea one: if any of them are at all philosophical, this will work. Make them eat souls. Eat all that a man was, and ever will be, in the most powerfully metaphysical way. Destroy them utterly.

Idea two: if they aren't, just look for a good aristocrats joke and mine it.
>>
>>52020627
You need to pour centipedes, ants, spiders, and other vermin into the victim's mouth, so that they're eaten from the inside out by Obox-Ob's minions.
Then the PCs have to willingly swallow the vermin which emerge, to gain the power within, and trusting that their patron will not turn on them.
>>
>>52020627
Break out the face cages and life sized plastic rats. Let your players wear them and put a dark sheet over their heads.
Failing that, show them those particular scenes.
Most of what you want is non-mechanical in nature.
>>
>>52020627
Make the Key Skill Endurance. It's not a usual one for rituals, and it'd fit with the amount of punishment an Obyrith should put them through.
>>
>>52025351
>be given power by ingesting a demonic parasite
I like this idea
>>
>>52020627
You should totally confuse the players. Have Obox-Ob send them out to slay demons, break up cults to infernal lords and such.

The players will wonder why, but Obox-Ob wants to bring his rivals and usurpers down a peg, and then you can have them slowly notice that all their virtuous actions are bringing more and more decay.

Reveal a cult of Grazz't amongst the nobility? The peasants don't want to pay their taxes to demon worshippers, and start fomenting rebellion. Meanwhile, cities starve as the farmers don't send grain to the cities.

Help a paladin take out a demonic horde? The ichor seeping from the fiends ensures nothing will grow there. Making it a perfect place for fiendish insects to sprout.
Thread posts: 7
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.