[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pathfinder General /pfg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 377
Thread images: 47

File: S6dVxJD.jpg (133KB, 500x484px) Image search: [Google]
S6dVxJD.jpg
133KB, 500x484px
Pathfinder General /pfg/

Praise the Sun Edition: What would it take to make Sarenrae your favorite goddess? What other deity associated with the Sun actually appeals to you?

Unified /pfg/ link repository: http://pastebin.com/hAfKSnWW (embed)

Avowed Playtest 1: https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
Avowed Playtest 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing

Spheres of Might previews:
Part 1: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1aLaYQEFAWU4zQBx58boJPPaySLgJc0Emmw9eKyIJeGI/
Part 2: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1pyLq03W2ju58PcKOUq5YXoFowf_weBNzuWtjCMdINXk/edit
Part 3: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1-LAt9Ti5pcnvHY4KnFRuItCjqtGM-YJC5r_0zXiKKUk/edit

Bloodforge Infusions updated playtest: https://docs.google.com/document/d/1GvwMclLSw15slYI7D5xLdjMzr-Nau92hNha9Sx0LOk4/edit#

Old Thread: >>52014523
>>
>>52019505
THE
BURNING
HATE
>>
https://app.roll20.net/lfg/listing/70930/curse-of-the-lazy-throne

Shameless self-promotion (again) since last thread was kill.

Don't be afraid of applying even if your timetable doesn't work with the planned schedule (currently 7 PM EST on Saturdays, AKA an hour prior to this post) as absolutely everything is negotiable. As long as it's not Wednesday.
>>
File: dhampir swashbuckler.jpg (54KB, 465x750px) Image search: [Google]
dhampir swashbuckler.jpg
54KB, 465x750px
>>52019505
I have no place in the Sun.
>>
Is it worth it to grab Dispel magic at level 8-9 for my sorcerer? Human racial bonus means it's basically free that level
>>
>>52019505
I've personally got a soft spot for the Eyes of Ra in general, but that's because my DM tends to go with a literalist approach where Ra's eye fell out of his socket one day and the eye somehow turned into about a dozen baby mewling catgirls.
>>
>>52019563
Absolutely
>>
>>52019563
Dispel magic is a decent utility spell if your Spellcraft is pretty solid. If not, a few scrolls should be mandatory.
>>
Playing and DMing for the first time ever with a bunch of others in the same boat, any tips?
>>
>>52019563
Hell yes. Late game enemies are going to be swinging spells around so having a universal counterspell is a life saver.
Another good utility spell is Feather Fall.
>Have a party full of people without the climb skill but need to descend a cliff? Solved
>Need to escape a castle quickly? Jump out a window.
>Need to survive a 20,000 ft fall without the duration ending? Immediate action can be cast ANY TIME.
>Your entire party is falling with you? It targets 1 person/level.
>>
>>52019535
No gestalt eh, going real light on the memes. I'll probably apply if I can think of something fun to do with a full BaB Rogue though.
>>
>>52019844
Same. Next game is next Saturday and I am so nervous. It's level 1 and I am just unprepared as fuck. How do I get the party together? What do they do at level 1? What's the city like? What's the country like? How can I make sure they don't kill each other?
>>
>>52019911
If I have to be frank, it's a bit of a test run as well. I've never played with strangers, and I wonder if I can entertain.
>>
File: i_hug_that_feel.png (31KB, 500x461px) Image search: [Google]
i_hug_that_feel.png
31KB, 500x461px
>>52019934
>>
>>52019537
Worship the Sun as the end of all things.
>>
>>52019537
If you truly seek forgiveness, the rays of the sun will not harm you
>>
>>52019963
What kind of Bloodrager is it anyways?
>>
>>52019963
>>52020048
I'd like to know more about the Bloodrager as well, given the person playing it.
>>
>>52019844
Keep calm, start with a small place, learn all you can about it and have something simple for them to do so they can all shine.

Some talking and them some fighting is always a decent first session.
>>
File: art-025.png (173KB, 385x501px) Image search: [Google]
art-025.png
173KB, 385x501px
I'm starting a campaign next sunday,
I plan on using these character sheets
http://charactersheets.minotaur.cc/
Would they look too fancy, out of the norm, or so?
>>
File: 1454524624395.png (233KB, 550x700px) Image search: [Google]
1454524624395.png
233KB, 550x700px
>finish one editing job for a minor 3pp product
>boss suggests I try my hand at writing since editing gigs are more scarce
>don't want to write Generic Class #3812 because I want to fix the big issues in Pathfinder instead of adding more useless crap
>lack the skill to write a big fix on my own, let alone being able to get away with it as a novice writer
>>
>>52019934

>Give them a threat that matters for all of them or a reward to entice the rest.
>Depends mostly on where they.
>Read/Write more
>Read/Write more
>Give them a threat they all care about or a reward that makes the rogue not kill everyone in their sleep.(Also keep control of your session don't let shitters do shitty shit.)
>>
>>52020154
Rewrite shitty archetypes and expand on mediocre ones to make them actually fun and usable? Like the alchemist?
HAHA JUST KIDDING, alchemist is over saturated as fuck and even if it badly needs to be retooled nobody'll think it's worth the effort.
>>
>>52020154
Clearly you need to do editing for DSP considering the state of some of their latest releases.
>>
>>52020067
Long story short: Draconic bloodline (Lunar dragon) bloodrager. Bastard of a Chelaxian noble who had a short term affair with a Shoanti girl. She ressembles neither parents which made denying the girl's bastard blood a simple matter (her being tall and blonde, with her hair turning a tint of silver when she bloodrages), yet also shielded her from prejudice against the Shoanti. Her destitute mother raised her away from her native culture since she wanted her daughter to have as 'normal' of a childhood as she could have in Korvosa, which resulted in her feeling like she belongs to neither side.

To make up for it, she joined the Korvosan guards for a short period of time, trying to make right where she could, but red tape would often get in the way with Korvosa being Korvosa, so she left their ranks and became some kind of vigilante, becoming the big sister of many orphans.

One of these child was taken away by Gaedren, though, and as far as she knows she just suffered a fate all too common for Lamm's Lambs.
>>
>>52020154
Unchained Alchemist.
>>
>>52020210
Alchemist could really do with a Specialization thing like Vigilante.

So you can be the bomb guy or the mutagen guy or whatever.
>>
>>52020154
See >>52020210 and >>52020342
BUT ALSO CONSIDER:
Unchained Magus
>>
When does a Half-Elf decide on their second favored class? 1?
>>
>>52020408
Yes.
>>
>>52020392
>>52020389
>>52020342
What do you want to see from a reworked Alchemist?
>>
>>52020389
>the bomb guy
Grenadier?

>the mutagen guy
Vivisectionist?
>>
>>52020154
>>52020154
Do an unchained version of a class. Strong options are:

>Unchained Medium
>Unchained Gunslinger
>Unchained Kineticist
>Unchained Ninja
>Unchained Fighter
>Unchained Cavalier
>Unchained Swashbuckler
>Unchained Brawler
>Unchained Samurai
>>
>>52020450
>Unchained Swash
>Riposte now only requires you to have at least 1 point in your pool

What else?
>>
>>52020438
Grenadier is the 'going up to a dude and slapping him with a bomb' archetype.

And the heck does Vivisectionist have to do with mutagens?

Or do you mean in the sense of 'Doesn't have the other'?
>>
>>52020472
Parry even, I'm retarded
>>
>>52019537
This is a really good pic, who's the artist?
>>
>>52020437
Two things. It needs to be streamlined and have about half of the bloat cut out. And it needs to have its focus tightened. It should enable you to be all the things the current alchemist does, but it shouldn't be at its base a formless mass.
>>
Is Spirited Swordsmanship on the chopoing block in Avowed?
>>
>>52019505
>What would it take to make Sarenrae your favorite goddess?

A kiss at the end of the first date
>>
File: CONSTRUCTION MAN HARDER.png (73KB, 505x443px) Image search: [Google]
CONSTRUCTION MAN HARDER.png
73KB, 505x443px
>>52020437
Tightened base class, so that being a base, unarchetyped alchemist doesn't feel like the start of a bad joke. Second, SO MANY ARCHETYPES retooled to not be dogshit. This is a problem that many classes have though, so it's less important.

NO I'M NOT DESPERATE FOR ANYTHING
>>
>>52020450
>Unchained Kineticists
Jolly's got that with "Legendary Kineticist" which is coming in LK 2
>Gunslinger
Didn't DHB get that released recently?
>Cavalier
DHB got that covere, probably next to get released
>Fighter
Yep, Everyman's Fighter is just that. Also DHB right? I think it was at least.
>The Rest
All good picks, I think Ninja got a Legendary book? But I don't know if it was any good.
>>
>>52020570
Yep
>>
>>52020472

>Strong Fort Save
>Put CHARMED LIFE in a bin where it belongs, give Steadfast Personality as a bonus feat and real class features at other levels
>Let the so-called "mobile fighter" FUCKING MOVE when it's attacking
>>
>>52020560
I don't even know.
>>
>>52020484
Doesn't have the other, is commonly used to melee with mutagens, especially feral mutagen
>>
>>52020560
Winona Nelson.
>>
I miss WotR apps. None of the new games are doing it for me.
>>
>>52019535
So the Bloodrager is mandatory? Where are they from? Shoanti looking motherfucker or something?
>>
>>52020624
Well when I said 'specialization' I meant actually dealing with the damn thing, not just 'people often use it with them'
>>
>>52019535
How are we doing HP in this game?
>>
>>52020239
This is cute.
>>
>>52020630
The bloodrager is a friend of mine, backstory of theirs is here: >>52020239
>>
>>52020611
Figured. Makes the class way too Cha. Did they give an ETA on when the update is dropping?
>>
>>52020630
The Bloodrager seems to be an existing player at >>52020239

Other anon made them sound very ominous though.
>>
>>52020637
Max HP at level 1, Half+1 OR roll, whichever is higher after that. If you don't like the random element, just half+1 for everyone.
>>
>>52020643
>>52020650
Oh, dope. That's cool. I like to know what other people have in mind before I app.
>>
>>52020650
I can vouch that, as far as I'm concerned, that anon was probably bullshitting. Luna was part of a Reign of Winter game, but their story is different, and the anon couldn't tell what class/concept the character was.
>>
>>52020615
The fact that the "mobile" swashbuckler doesn't get any form of pounce is Fucked.

Hell, even a Lesser version of the U.monk Pounce would have been Something to make it feel better.

But as is, the Tengu inspired archetype (that any can take, thankfully) is the most mobile with wall running powers.
>>
>>52020648
The next update might take a Good while, they're going to be editing a lot of things.

Like taking out the things that switch it's Cha dependance for another mod.

Can't remember the other things that will get tweaked/axed
>>
>>52020684
You got that from Luna's mouth, of course they aren't going to tell you about the time they went full That Guy. Just look at what the GM of this very Crimson Throne game said:

>This does sound like stuff Luna does, but I honestly have them under tight leash for this kind of stuff since I know how they can be. They have been warned about this even before I posted the lfg.
>If I ever get the thought that they are metagaming or being bitchy/paranoid as they get, it's the boot. Otherwise I'm trying to be nice to a friend.
>>
>>52020717
To my recollection...

The 'EVERYTHING TO ONE STAT' is getting pulled WAY back.

Overcharge Modulation is getting looked at, since it's too necessary.

And Steel's Betrayal is getting looked at.

Probably more I forgot.
>>
>>52020735
I am the GM of that Crimson Throne game. The only reason why it sounded to me like stuff Luna would do was because I ran them Burnt Offerings, a book everyone knows by heart, they would remark on how I'd change things here and there. I can't really blame them for that.

Yes, Luna does have a -bit- of an attitude problem, but I also know how Luna works and I feel like I didn't give them enough credit earlier. They're a player that can give themselves fully into a campaign, and while they do have their episodes, I trust that they're reliable enough based on the fact that I'm just done playing a 6 months long campaign with them and that they are the only player out of 7 that I've kept from that campaign.
>>
>>52020626
Thanks!
>>
>>52020450
>Unchained Medium

Funnily enough, I'm working on a recreation of it that I'm hoping will be a good compromise between the FUCKTONS of options that the Harrow Medium gave and the actual "playability" of the release medium. Along the lines of... 6 legendary spirits (with an optional psionics spirit), with each legendary spirit having 8 "aspects" which you can learn and channel at any time.

>Unchained Gunslinger/Swashbuckler/Brawler/Samurai/Cavalier

Literally just make these options for the Fighter class. Pick them at level one, and then you basically become a gestalt of the Fighter and that class.

>Unchained Ninja

Add on Unchained Rogue stuff to the Ninja, done.

>Unchained Kineticist

Give them the Combat Stamina feat, let them treat their Kineticist Level as their BaB to determine the size of their pool, and give them another scaling bonus to the size of their pool (i.e 1/5th their level or something). Then let them pay for infusion costs with Stamina, and if they run out of stamina, they can accept burn. Then, mark some wild talents as being payable with either Burn only, Stamina only, Both, or not requiring any stamina/Burn in order to use, with differing effects depending on whether stamina/burn was used.

There we go. That's the quickest fix I can think of.
>>
>>52020663
>If you don't like the random element, just half+1 for everyone.
What, can we just tell everyone else "no random HP for you"?
>>
>>52019535
Can I be a post-nerf avowed, pretty please?
>>
>>52020884
You as in multiple people.

It depends on what the party decides as a whole. Right now I stick to half+1 or roll (whichever is best).
>>
>>52020884
I assumed he meant to say that was a discussion for the group assembled.
>>
>>52020615
Yknow, if Charmed life is basically, "pick a save, add your charisma modifier to it" and at higher levels you can increase the number of saves or things you can apply it to, AND can expend a use of panache to increase the bonus, I don't think it would be TOO bad.

The rest is trash.
>>
>>52020895
I don't see why not. I might bug you on Discord to make sure I understand everything about avowed.
>>
>3pp unchained classes
These are all crap when there's 3pp systems which fundamentally address these issues like Spheres of Power/Might. If you're going to write something, write something more valuable.
>>
>>52020910
That's one change that needs to be a thing. Rather than limited uses/day, Charmed Life should run off panache.
>>
>>52020931
This. Or at LEAST call them something other than Unchained. You're not continuing a series for them, you're doing your own thing - and they might decide to do their own Unchained version of the class in the future, further muddying shit up for users who don't know what it is.
>>
>>52020949

That just makes it fuck with your capacity to use deeds EVEN MORE, though.
>>
>>52019535

It would help a lot if there was some sort of detail on what sort of game this is. There's nothing to work with. What are the themes? What is the tone? What sorts of things will be happening?
>>
>>52020988
A fair point, right. I'll work on it right now.
>>
>>52020966
There needs to be another condition for Panache generation than crits and kills.

There ALSO needs to be more to the class than a weapon style - a swashbuckler has to be acrobatic, daring, suave, etc, not just a guy with a fucking sword. The only feature they have for actions other than standing there trading blows is Derring-Do, which is extreme nonscaling dogshit.

Put the fixes for these together. Give actual, *scaling* Derring-Do for free, give it some kind of action-economy aid while you do that like "if you succeed on this Acrobatics DC by a lot, you got the move action for free and can even continue a full attack if you started one before", AND when you do things like jump over the enemy, award Panache.
>>
>>52020966
I recall people upthread were talking about things like parries not needing to expend panache, just have at least one.

And really once you remove that, you've got a lot more panache to play with.
>>
File: MHGen-Glavenus_Concept_Art_001.png (164KB, 980x523px) Image search: [Google]
MHGen-Glavenus_Concept_Art_001.png
164KB, 980x523px
So, I'm trying to build a dinosaur inspired character. Someone who really gets in the thick of a fight and rips shit up. Though I'm not sure how I should go about it.

One of my friends suggest I go with a nat attack alchemist built with Beastmorph giving me useful abilities. Another suggested I go 19 Druid and 1 Master of Many Styles monk to go Dragon Style and Pummeling. I'm not sure though.

So I was wondering if you lovely anons of /pfg/ could help me brainstorm? Some general stuff:

Only class I don't want to use is Summoner.
This isn't for any particular campaign or party.
Would like to keep at 3/4 or full BAB
Would like at least 4-5 Natural Attacks, preferably only 1-2 secondary's if possible.
My DM's allow most first party content so nothing paizo has made is off the table except for monstrous PC races and the races set to 'Unknown RP value' on the PFSRD.

If you have any questions feel free to ask. I'll be floating around for a few hours.
>>
>>52021021
>Do a fucking jedi jump over an enemy at least 1 size larger than you to flank it with yourself.

Yes.
>>
File: GGxrdKyKiske03.jpg (2MB, 2476x3496px) Image search: [Google]
GGxrdKyKiske03.jpg
2MB, 2476x3496px
>>52020717
>>52020764
I just want to be an unarmored dude with good overall defense and ALL DAY elemental on his sword, without needing PoW and while still being kinda spellswordy
>>
>>52019535
What about a loose cannon Korvosan Guard who doesn't play by the rules and whose partner died of a Shiver overdose?
>>
>>52021058
Mageknight?
>>
>>52021059
100% fine and perfect.

The Korvosan guards are all about these kind of guys to get the work actually done, anyway.
>>
>>52021073
Except that's not at all what I want and no amount of "BUT IT'S THE SAME THIIIIING" will convince me it isn't just "another fucking fighter with another TOTALLY UNIQUE pool mechanic"
>>
So... is Romance of the Righteous Kingdoms a trap game? It looks familiar with the vague gestalt and broad character creation rules.

>>52021007

Cool. I think you'll find that it helps your game out a lot, too. The players will know what you're offering and you'll have applicants who are interested in your flavor of storytelling.
>>
What's the best style of combat for a loose cannon guard who doesn't play by the rules? Two-Weapons?
>>
>>52019535
Out of curiosity, why only 4 players?
>>
>>52021058
You could with >>52021073
Take focused Blast group (lighting? I think?), the disadvantage that Forces you to choose an element and Only cast that element, And now you're blasting lighting like a 3/4ths caster that only cost you a feat.
Then Fight for Justice with said lighting.
>>
>>52021136
Siege Mage
>>
>>52021136
Dirty fighting is a must considering feat tax.
>>
>>52021097
Well I'm sorry, but by the description you gave, Mageknight fits it great.

You wanna be more specific or what?
>>
>>52021151

APs are traditionally played with 4 players.
>>
>>52021119
No way, it's not dangling nearly enough bait to be a trap game. Leadership only attracts normals not worth catching.
>>
>>52020823
Another fix option is:

Burn becomes a pool much like Ki
>Everything that adds burn decreases the pool.
>Gather Power/Supercharge lower the cost
>Infusion specialization/Composite specialization/Metakinesis master all lower cost
>Internal buffer is a pool that allows you to bypass your turn by turn spending limit
>Elemental Overflow kicks in when you spend points ie. spend 3 points at level 6 for the lowest form to spend 7 points to gain highest benefits

This completely removes the non-lethal issue and can keep Con mod as the stat for the pool's modifier. This also opens up easy ports to feats like Extra Ki to increase the Burn pool and eases the mechanical aspect of archetype design (rendering Monk, Unchained Monk, and Ninja as immediate options - but with a little tweaking could easily do a Swashbuckler/Samurai based on Kinetic Blade, a Gunslinger that shoots elemental bullets).
>>
File: 1459115162840.jpg (68KB, 485x742px) Image search: [Google]
1459115162840.jpg
68KB, 485x742px
What two classes, in your opinion, best encapsulate a mighty Sidhe warrior operating on his own people's (very byzantine) customs and values?

Dex-based Warlord + Avowed?
>>
>>52021186
>Burn becomes a pool much like Ki
Anon, STAMINA. Not only is it *also* a con-based score that can recharge over time, but it allows the Kineticist to actually benefit more from having combat feats since the feats that currently exist for the class are pretty fucking terrible. It even boosts their attack roll, since their 3/4 BAB could use some help sometimes.
>>
What's a good age for a character's (human) little sister such that she's probably not married, but old enough to be readily thought of as sexually vulnerable and thus sympathetic to audiences as a potential victim of mischief?
>>
>>52021255

Fifteen and an early bloomer.
>>
>>52021255
Anon...
>>
>>52021255
Late teens
>>
File: ConfusedJackie.jpg (7KB, 260x194px) Image search: [Google]
ConfusedJackie.jpg
7KB, 260x194px
There was a Pathfinder day at my FLGS, yet everyone there was sweaty, overweight and smelled foul, surrounded by cheetos and McDonalds.

Why does the Pathfinder not care for his appearance? At least with 40k, we still have standards even if many of us are assholes.
>>
>>52021264
Anon...
>>
>>52021151
It's much simpler for me to cater, balance and take care of 4 people as well. Simply personal preference.
>>
>>52021266

The Pathfinder is a rare creature, vanishing from this world. Many of them thus learn little on grooming among their kin, leading to poor hygiene as you saw.

Pity them, anon. For theirs is a dying race.
>>
>>52021266
They just don't care.
>>
File: Cressida_Kroft.jpg (52KB, 500x546px) Image search: [Google]
Cressida_Kroft.jpg
52KB, 500x546px
Cressida is Cute! CUTE!
>>
>>52021307
Literally who?
>>
>>52021266
>At least with 40k, we still have standards even if many of us are assholes.
>40k
Shoulda picked less obvious bait.
>>
>>52021254
To be honest, I don't know shit about the stamina pool.
>>
>>52021314
As Lazy Throne GM, I can confirm she is cute. She's the Field marshal of the Korvosan Guards, a former moonlightning adventurer that is now stuck in a bureaucratic position when she'd rather be out in the streets and fuck shit up herself.
>>
>>52021314
>http://pathfinderwiki.com/wiki/Cressida_Kroft
>>
>>52021307
Curse lays out a lot of waifus, and it's from an era where the lesbians are more gaysploitation than they are SJW. I'm really surprised it took this long for someone to run it here.
>>
>>52021171
>>52021155
The secret is that I just picked the first "magic knight" character I could think of in my image older and I like the core of Avowed better. Hell, if Self pact's ONLY THING were "here's the AC, here's the saves, that's all you get from your pact now fuck off" would still be all over it.
>>
File: 1452529539914.jpg (112KB, 572x303px) Image search: [Google]
1452529539914.jpg
112KB, 572x303px
So, for Curse of the Crimson Throne, should I make...

... A local farmer and single father trying to rescue his changeling daughter after she went missing in Korvosa?

... A common thug trying to get revenge on those who killed his ticket "out" of the business?

... A down-and-out street brawler formerly addicted to Zerk, and trying to save other kids from the same fate?
>>
>>52021437
Do the DILF. Everybody loves a DILF app.
>>
File: STR vs DEX.jpg (153KB, 1218x1151px) Image search: [Google]
STR vs DEX.jpg
153KB, 1218x1151px
>>52021387
>>52021344
Wait, so this is a waifu-heavy game? That might change my app. How many and what varieties of waifus are we talking here?
>>
File: 1450037215349.jpg (68KB, 610x810px) Image search: [Google]
1450037215349.jpg
68KB, 610x810px
>>52021453

DILF certainly does have some appeal, and I quite enjoy playing wise yet hopelessly overwhelmed provincials in the big city!
>>
>>52021489
Maybe like, 2-3 in the first book depending on how you play your cards?
>>
>>52021489
>How many and what varieties of waifus are we talking here?

The top quality waifu is a spunky, short-haired platinum blonde with wide hips and big dreams!

It's even got some husbandos, silver-haired fox husbandos.
>>
>>52021489
Here's how I remember it.
>Part 1: 1 obvious waifu, 1-2 more potential waifus
>Part 2: 2-3 potential waifus
>Part 3: 1 obvious waifu, 1 potential waifu
>Part 4: 1 obvious waifu, 1-2 potential waifus
>Part 5: No waifus in evidence
>Part 6: 1-2 potential waifus
>>
>>52021437

It doesn't matter. That shit is thrown out after session 1, never to be heard again.

CoCT has a lot of issues with railroading and punishing players for not knowing the 'good' option(or that there was even an option, considering how much it expects PCs to just go along without questioning shit) long after they've made a decision.
>>
File: 1394047397318.png (208KB, 500x449px) Image search: [Google]
1394047397318.png
208KB, 500x449px
>>52021560
>It doesn't matter. That shit is thrown out after session 1, never to be heard again.

Are... Are you telling me my daughteru might be dead right from the start?
>>
>>52021579
Nobody's saying that, anon.
But they all think it.
>>
File: ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg (81KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
ReZeroIsAHeartwarmingShow.jpg
81KB, 1200x675px
>>52021579
Bitch my character's daughter died right at the start of CotCT and I wasn't even a player in my GM's CotCT game!
>>
>>52021543
>The top quality waifu is a spunky, short-haired platinum blonde with wide hips and big dreams!

What's her type? What are her dreams?
>>
>>52021489
>STR vs DEX.jpg
Wait is the small lithe one supposed to be less Dex than the totally unmuscled noblewoman (who is also dressed to be fucking unable to bend her legs or want to risk moving her torso too fast), just because she's wearing armor? Is that the implication here?
>>
>>52021613
Her type? Not expounded on, but she's likely to discover a DILF fetish if no PC steps up. And as for her dreams, she likes not getting framed, arrested and executed for murder, but really, isn't that what we all want out of life?
>>
>>52021546
They changed some shit up in the rerelease. Adding redemption shit so you can waifu the BDSM elf.
>>
>>52021613
>What's her type? What are her dreams?

She's a bright-eyed artist with a huge thing for "classic" (none of those brooding types) heroes and adventure - more than likely *hearing* about adventure, since she learns fairly quickly that being a hero isn't all it's cracked up to be.
>>
>>52021648
I actually included her in the "obvious waifu" category. Really, I just assumed most GMs would throw any PC interested in sticking their dick in crazy a bone.
>>
File: 1434328293956.png (29KB, 633x758px) Image search: [Google]
1434328293956.png
29KB, 633x758px
>>52021584
>>52021596

S-Should this character go STR or DEX.

DEX makes more sense because the whole hunter thing but I don't want to be a wet willy for the party to laugh at. He'll probably be a Slayer.
>>
Trinia is gay! She just doesn't know it yet, but you should make her your gay. Buy her a chestbinder if she needs to be gay the other way, because she can pass both ways and will be flamboyant as either.
>>
>>52021698
>Slayer
>Dex or Str

Pick Strength. Go TWF. There, done. Solved. You have made a functional Slayer. Woohoo!
>>
File: shouldvehiredreynolds.png (930KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
shouldvehiredreynolds.png
930KB, 800x600px
>>52021663
Ah, right. I went to look her up again since I forgot her name, and boy, she's really let herself go in the years since the campaign was first printed.
>>
>>52021560
>CoCT has a lot of issues with railroading
Supposedly the new updated version is more open-ended, but who knows what that means to Paizo.

You still have to be willing to go along with some things, such as returning the Queen's brooch and being a conscripted guard
>>
File: Goddess of Crits.jpg (81KB, 422x750px) Image search: [Google]
Goddess of Crits.jpg
81KB, 422x750px
SATURDAY OF THE JADE REGENT GREENTEXT!!

Boy do we have a doozy. We had a three way party split! But lets focus this first post to the Main group, who after Onryou, and Seht spirited away Ameiko to a healer, delved further in.
>Aranha, Corwin, Casimir, and Valeyria press on through the tunnels in the glassworks. Basically dreaming up ways they can eviscerate whoever messed up Ameiko.
>They blast through a disguised door that headed out to the coast. They figure that this is how the Gobbos got into Sandpoint.
>They find a few caves, and suspect whoever's behind the bad stuff is in one of them.
> They check out the first cave, finding little more than a collapsed tunnel, The other one leads to a place more interesting. With brickwork
>SUDDNELY SINSPAWN.
>The bastard is annoyingly tough, Getting a rage disease bite on Val, and over being a nuisance. Until Aranha, channeling her training with Onryou (Read, meal time) Bites a chunk outta the bastard, leaving it flailing uselessly on the ground. (This was almost a instant kill triple nat twenty.)
>They head ahead, finding that the cave is more like catacombs, achient. Corwin, being an unnaturally good history buff, deduces that they've found some Thassiloinain ruins!
>A failed stealth attempt later and they find three more Sinspawn! The session ends with Battle commencing!

But what happened to Onryou and Seht?
>>
>>52021698
Bro the best part of being a Slayer is that you can dump DEX is still be the best TWF in the game.
>>
>>52021710
Slayers are most powerful using composite bows. They happen to have some of the better support for TWF, but it isn't enough for TWF to reach the baseline of bows or THF for competence as the class.
>>
>>52021729
>best TWF in the game
Unchained Rogue hello?
>>
>>52021711
I know people that stick with the old books art because of shit like that.
>>
>>52021739
>not even full BAB
Nice try.
>>
>>52021718
>press on through the tunnels in the glassworks. Basically dreaming up ways they can eviscerate whoever messed up Ameiko.

Wait what happens to Ameiko? I am intrigued.
>>
>>52021731
The obvious solution here is to get Power Attack and Quick Draw at 1, TWF with your combat styles, and archery feats with your regular levels, then carry around enough weapons to gear a small militia.
>>
>>52021765
It's a bit of a spoiler, but Ameiko goes missing after she receives a mysterious letter from her brother, Tsuto.
>>
File: Onryou Kajitisu.jpg (143KB, 1037x1724px) Image search: [Google]
Onryou Kajitisu.jpg
143KB, 1037x1724px
>>52021718

Now we look into what happened after Onryou and Seht after they spirited Ameiko away from The Glassworks.

>The two race upon Mori the horse to The cathedral. Interrupting a procession to get Father Zanthus to help out.
>Zanthus tells Onryou to try to stay calm. She has to enter ultra zen mode, and it barely works.
>Zanthus does a medical examination on Ameiko, She's was beaten half to death, even after magical healing. Plus she was most assuredly raped, at least according the priest.
>Onryou tries very hard to stay calm, restorting to asking The good father about the procession to re-sanctify the grave.
>One of the bodies from the grave was missing. The previous caretaker.
>The healing hands of father zanthus have done their work, And she needs bed rest. So the two take her to The Rusty Dragon to get bed rest!
>Onryou takes her upstairs to re-dress her and tuck her in bed, While Seht waits outside with Mori.
>A fair lass bumps into Seht and asks him to help her with some rats in her basement. Feeling comfortable dealing with animals, Seht agrees to help, though not without stuffing a note in the brick work of the inn.
> Onryou goes outside to see Seht vanished! And like a good freind Onryou goes to see if anyone saw him, and search for him.
>Onryou gets a tip to where the white horse went, but right when She notices Mori, She also notices one Longjiku Kaijitsu thundering along into the Rusty Dragon, demanding to know where her daughter was.

What next!?
>>
>>52021780

Oh ok. Neat.
>>
>>52021760
>not even close to decent Sneak Attack
Nice try.
>>
File: 1415473274867.jpg (146KB, 500x738px) Image search: [Google]
1415473274867.jpg
146KB, 500x738px
>>52021718
>>52021765
I've got an inkling of what happened based on a couple hints.
Somebody's gonna get taken home to Sandpoint in pieces.
>>
>>52021791
You have to hit to deal that damage.
>>
>>52021705

Delete this
>>
>>52021729
>>52021710

A-actually, the question of STR or DEX is more a question of melee or ranged. I don't want to make a character focused on range who will never actually get a chance to work their magic!
>>
>>52021866
I'd actually argue that a ranged Slayer is still better off building with Strength in mind.
>>
>>52021705
Sounds like a loose cannon who doesn't play by the sexual rules to me
>>
>>52021890
>DAMMIT TRINIA, YOU'RE A LOOSE SEXUAL CANNON! TURN IN YOUR BADGE AND PUSSY, YOU'RE OFF THE FORCE!
>>
Reminder that CotCT allows full BAB Unchained Rogues
>>
>>52021787
>Seht got Shayliss'd

I love this. I love everything about this.
>>
>>52021915
Sounds like an encounter from late-game Jade Regent where the devs seem to have forgotten that you can't (or couldn't at the time) get Dex-to-damage on a katana with core only.
>>
File: 9a5.jpg (32KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
9a5.jpg
32KB, 640x360px
>>52021787

>The Maneater Shayliss had lured her prey into her parlor in the shop basement. While the sweet nomad lays out some grain to try to attact these mice.
>She closes in on her prey, locking the door and undressing. Seht is quick to recognize lewdness
>"Hey little boy, wanna /ss/?"
>"M-miss its cold down here and rat bites are quite nasty!"
>"If it's so cold, come over here and warm me up~!"
> Seht makes for the door, but any move he makes just runs straight into her body.
> She pins Seht to the ground, and just as she tries to get the groove going. A large man opens the door to the cellar.
>He promptly gets goes back up the stairs. And gets his boomstick.
>Seht treats the situation like it were with an angry bear, Dont back down but don't advance, just stay even.
>The man blusters, curses, complains that the two would be tryst takers don't even know each other's names.
>then The man with a shotgun gets a terribly awful idea.
>"You're marrying my daughter. She's stuck with you, no more fooling around for her. Win win."
>Seht's brain work a million miles a minute. "U-uh, marrige in my culture requries each partner to own a horse!"
>"O-kay... uhh, go get a horse! And no funny buisness!"
>With a skip hop and a jump Seht gets the fug outta dere.
>>
>>52021915
How and why?
>>
>>52021951
This is cute
>>
>>52021841
It's a good thing Unchained Rouges get full BAB in this game isn't it then?
>>
>>52021960
It's my GM fiat. I haven't seen anyone play a rogue in forever, figured it might be an incentive.
>>
>>52021787
>Ameiko
>raped
As if I didn't feel bad enough about spending a session playing grab-ass. Gonna need to add some flagellation to those "Hail Aroden"-s and "By The Inheritor"-s.

But yeah. Somebody's gonna get gelded 'fore this is over.
>>
>>52021779
So considering the feat tax rules, you could make an early progression with something like this:
>1: Quick Draw, Precise Shot
>2: Combat Trick: Rapid Shot
>3: Combat Stamina (To get quick sheath)
>4: Combat Style: Two-Weapon Fighting
>5: Weapon Focus: Blades, Heavy
>6: Combat Style: Greater Two-Weapon Fighting

Having Power Attack and Deadly Aim for free makes your progression pretty smooth. You could start with 18/13/16/10/10/10 for an example spread before racials. The archery feats are taken earlier while you wait for two-weapon fighting to become more reliable. You'll start combat with your bow, getting your free study on your initiative bonus at the same level you pick up rapid shot. On your next turn you can move in with your greatsword and start swinging, switching into your dual-wielding style any time you have a full attack round with sneak attacks available.

I'm not writing an app up yet, but if no one else runs this kind of set, I probably will just to see the theory in action.
>>
>>52022067
Fun fact: GM also rules that Quick Draw gets fused into Improved initative.
>>
>>52022067
Sorry, 18/13/14/10/10/10*

Also, Two-Weapon Rend at 10 and Vital Strike at 7 JUST SO YOU CAN GET REEEEAL SMUG.
>>
File: What onryou wants to do.jpg (18KB, 584x201px) Image search: [Google]
What onryou wants to do.jpg
18KB, 584x201px
>>52021951

>Onryou is gonna have herself a family reunion!
>Turns out Old Man Longjiku wishes to have a final confrontation with Ameiko. But she's still out cold from her near death experience in The Glassworks.
>Onryou, sensing danger(Read: hearing her dad yelling at the top of his lungs), abandons her search and rescue of Seht and heads back to the Rusty Dragon.
>Old man Longjiku is throwing a shit fit demanding to see her daughter.
> Onryou tries to, in vain, at least get dear old dad to come later, when she's actually conscious.
> Longjiku is having none of that, calling Onryou a vagrant of all things. Business must be attended to.
> Onryou tries mentioning the fact that Goblins had taken over the Glassworks. Oh, but that just means what he has to deal with Ameiko is even MORE important.
>Onryou is about ready to agrue some more when AMEIKO awakens! She hobbles into the dining area, and Onryou flocks to her side.
> Onryou:"Now i just wanna say, today has been pretty rough for everyo-"
>Longjiku: "Shut up, Stay out of this"
>Onryou: "Y-yes sir..."
>L: "Ameiko, leave this tavern, its a disgrace to the family name. Leave with me to Magnimar or i'm cutting you out of the will."
>Ameiko: *Pregnant pause* "Get the hell out of my Inn you Cuck."
>Longkiju gets glassed, and storms off screaming how that Ameiko is dead to him.
>Ameiko tells onryou to put up some wards to keep evil spirits like him away.

Endo sessiono

Great session!
>>
>>52022142
>Get the hell out of my Inn you Cuck

AHAHAHA, THAT'S WHAT YOU GET.
God my boss is an asshole.
>>
>>52021779
>>52022067
How is a Slayer getting a feat every level?
>>
File: a BOOOOMB.png (91KB, 320x276px) Image search: [Google]
a BOOOOMB.png
91KB, 320x276px
>>52022142
>Ameiko tells onryou to put up some wards to keep evil spirits like him away.
>>
>>52022211
Even levels you're poaching off the Rogue talents or Ranger combat styles.
>>
>>52022211
Ranger Combat Styles and the Rogue Combat Trick talent
>>
guys i think my players are about to get TPKd
>>
>>52022232
>>52022222
Oh right, forgot those were Slayer talents. Thanks.
>>
>>52022255
Shouldn't forget about those anon, those're the good Slayer talents.

They really got fucked on their pool compared to Barbarian or Vigilante. Paizo's kind of abandoned the hybrid classes on support actually, a real shame, I think they're the best designs in the game.
>>
>>52021321
You get back 1/minute (except if unconscious, sleeping or any other number of debuffs). You have a max pool at a given moment of BAB+CON. Most standard combat feats have (on the stamina page/chapter) an extra use, stuff like "and spend 1 stamina per -1 per attack to counteract the penalties!" or the like.

With Kineticists, though I don't think there's anything official, all it becomes is a pool of burn you can blow through before you fuck yourself up the ass with your own class abilities (ie; regular burn accumulation). Honestly it should probably be 2 stamina per burn instead of straight 1:1 as it's not just mitigating your kinetic blasts but also allowing you to actually use utilities, but overall, basically, "accept burn" = "use stamina".

The only question (and now I have to go ask my GM) in regards to this is whether things like elemental defense reduce the stamina cap until the next day, or whether those have to actually be burn proper, but I would edge on the side of "you need actual burn for overflow values,etc"

Getting it as 'combat burn' to expend is already damn good anyways.
>>
>>52022235
>>52022235
They almost certainly deserve it.
>>
>>52022067
I'm tempted to steal this, but it just doesn't scream loose cannon, so I won't. Gotta stick to dumb dirty trick shit instead, I suppose
>>
>>52022067
This looks really fucking cool on paper but then I remember that you're a Slayer and it's literally attack-attack-attack, like every Slayer.
>>
>>52022285

All things considered, "instead of accepting burn to pay for an infusion, you can instead spend two points of stamina" seems pretty reasonable as a fix. You could probably fix it up with some of the wild talents that have a limited duration but require you to accept burn.
>>
>>52021951
>TFW Seht is so meek he's gonna just end up marrying Shayliss and playing the doting husbando
>>
>>52022290
Well one is absolutely dead.
>>
Are there any modules that are suited to a single PC?
>>
>>52022400
Not unless your GM runs one as a text adventure or freeform PbP thing.
>>
>>52022389

>Onryou steps in, and reminds Shayliss exacty who pulled out chunks of her hair as a child.
>>
>>52022408
I'm the GM planning on running one for a single person.
>>
>>52022425
My answer still stands.
>>
>>52022235
Izzat you, GM?
>>
>>52022453
I'm so sorry
>>
>>52022461
Just to be clear - the dead one got hit with a ray of fire, right? Making sure it's the same game.
>>
>make a character
>instantly think it's shit

Well, you know what they say
>>
So including popular 3pp what ways are there to get dex to damage again?
>>
>>52022474
Indeed.
>>
>>52022491
Deadly Agility
>>
>>52022365
As an example of combat stamina in practice:
I was in a combat at level 3. Pretty much everything short of "shoot someone in melee and get raped by AoOs" requires at least 1 burn JUST to get more than 30ft range. Adding in an ultra-basic level 1 side-effect to the blast... is also 1 burn.

So, I had 2 burn and only 1 reduction from Focused Blaster (onslaught kineticist). This isn't very strong, but a basic, normal kineticist would be building up serious penalties for the rest of the day EVERY FUCKING TURN.

And then, what? You'll accept burn to use a utility? Kineticist: When you want to be AN HERO.

But, 3 BAB, with +3 CON, I had 6 stamina. That would be 2 normally of course, but it's a gestalt game.
So, in the average combat, I was burning 1 point per turn on attacks. I could also spend 1 as an immediate for a reroll or to inflict one (like say someone nat20's a buddy) due to Future Glimpse (Lv1 Time Utility).

... Now, this is Gestalt, and so the power level overall is a bit higher, so this much is *probably* okay (at least DragonGM *seems* to be okay with it?).

For regular single-class though, at that level you'd have 5 (2 BAB) stamina. If it cost 2, that would be kinda shitty on the blasting front but is worth it even if you can only really afford to do that reroll just once per combat. By level 20 your pool would be something like 22 anyways.

Ah. That's it.

Double for utilities. 1:1 for blast burn.
There's a damn solution.
>>
>>52022491
Deadly Agility, 3 levels Unchained Rogue, Slashing/Fencing Grace.
>>
Lazy Throne GM, I've added a Campaign Setting sticky thread now.
>>
>>52022235
Not if my diplomacy has anything to say about it
Also I have Invisibility prepared
>>
>>52022515
>>52022525
Deadly Agility, that's what I was thinking of. Thanks guys.
>>
>>52022491
1PP:
The grace feats (eg. slashing grace), 3 levels of UC rogue

3PP:
Deadly agility (PoW), 4 levels of shadowgraft skirmisher (Ertw's Beguiler).
>>
File: screaming doges.jpg (697KB, 595x3045px) Image search: [Google]
screaming doges.jpg
697KB, 595x3045px
>>52022539
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA
>>
d20psfrd isn't very clear

I make an eidolon at level 3
It as a +2 armor bonus
I make it a biped, it has +2 natural armor bonus

Is that modifying the scaling bonus or is that combined?
>>
>>52022709
Combined.
>>
>>52022723
Follow up question, I can make the scaling bonus as natural armor, and therefore not be armored when I summon my eidolon as a synthesist?
>>
>>52022482
Imposter Syndrome is shit, anon.

The only people who can tell you something sucks is your peers.

On an unrelated note:

Dragongame 2
>Marry
>Fuck
>Kill
>>
>Get the hell out of my Inn you Cuck

I don't remember this from the AP. Nice, DM.
>>
>>52022744
Having an armor bonus doesn't mean you're armored for the purpose of stuff like spell failure or monk class features.

You need to be wearing ACTUAL armor to count as 'armored'
>>
Alright you guys, it's been fun but applications are now OVER for Legends of Dragonsfjord. Thanks for everyone who's submitted an application, I'll be looking over the finished applicants and their sheets Sunday and will announce to the winners if they've gotten in or not.

To everyone else, congratulations! You are now free from having to see me muck up the threads with my shillposting.
>>
>>52022748
>Marry
Probably Marianna. I wanna take care of her!
>Fuck
Rory. Shapeshifter. That's all.
>Kill
Philo Ranken.
>>
>>52022768
Thank you
>>
Pendragon Institute: TEAM FFSH GREENTEXT

Pastebin of tonight's session: http://pastebin.com/TbhaUPQe

>Cherise, Florence, and Oswald surrounded by gwyllgis and kornebers.
>Were getting their assess handed to them last session.
>Got some backup in the form of a Bluejay Youkai and a Chevalier Medic.
>Seraphtor surrounded by a (smaller) number of gwyllgis and kornebers.
>Hanging in there just fine.
>The monsters sort of uselessly flail at his armor, not doing much of anything.
>Oswald dropped last session from a string of hits and a crit.
>Medic brings him back up with his sick heals.
>Oswald finally gets a turn.
>Pic related.
>Cherise et al. go from being surrounded by monsters to most of the monsters being dead in the course of his action.
>With the battle presumably well in hand, the Bluejay tries to show off for Cherise.
>Misses his attack against one of the last standing gwyllgis.
>Gets crit by one of the last standing kornebers
>Cherise comes to his aid, and they manage to finish them off.
>Meanwhile, Seraphtor and the monsters he's fighting are at an impasse.
>They basically can't hurt him.
>He has been having shitty luck with his rolls.
>He does eventually manage to whittle them down to one korneber.
>Party comes to reinforce him.
>Proceeds to have the worst string of luck I've ever seen.
>All other monsters down.
>This fucking demon boar hasn't been touched.
>Seraphtor's even sort of grown attached.
>It'd be like putting down Old Yeller.
>Bluejay tries to introduce himself and his buddy to Cherise.
>Meanwhile she jogs off to her party and tells him to pick up the obsidian shards the monsters dissolved into.
>They are valuable, but...
>Robot buddy proves his value as a bro: "Maybe next time."
>Bluejay sweeps up the shards with telekinesis, goes off to explore a wizard tower with Robot Buddy.
>Also asks Cherise to call him sometime.
>Under his breath, but her cat ears be keen.
>Party finally puts down Old Boarer.
>Takes a bit longer than it really should have.
>>
File: 1475547758022.jpg (219KB, 1002x1076px) Image search: [Google]
1475547758022.jpg
219KB, 1002x1076px
>>52022828
>Find themselves needing to figure out where to go.
>Can hear the sound of fighting directly beneath their feet.
>There's also a massive tower looming right above them.
>The Wizard Tower Bluejay and Buddy went to.
>The barracks where soldiers slept before the fort was overrun.
>And a cave entrance leading... likely below the ground.
>Before they go, Cherise checks on Bluejay.
>Meanwhile Florence goes all Chevalier Supremacist on them
>ROBOTS RULE, HUMANS DROOL
>(literally, they drool! it's disgusting!)
>Cherise may or may not have found a husbando, it's unclear.
>What is clear is that they decide to explore the caves.
>Either the MacGuffin they're looking for is down there, or at least there are other students...

And that's the end of session. Next session is Team CARP trying to find there way through the castle and the blizzard that's been building atop this mountain.
>>
>Rory
Kill this cuck early with extreme prejudice for making me read his fucking chargen shitposts
>>
>>52022828
>pic related
>no pic
I am disappoint
>>
>>52022852
Rude! Absolutely rude!
>>
File: BUFFS.gif (24KB, 507x651px) Image search: [Google]
BUFFS.gif
24KB, 507x651px
>>52022828
>>52022854
Well I'm a fucking Derp.
>>
>>52022760
Isn't that pretty anachronistic to say though?
>>
>>52022874
It was said in Tian, so it's fine, bro.

It's a loose translation.
>>
>>52022874
Cuckold is a pretty old idea. The idea of labeling people who disagree with you politically cucks because their ideology is different and their leaders don't care about them is pretty new.
>>
>>52022902
in the strictest sense old lonlon is a cuck too
>>
TPK averted
>>
>>52022902
Yes, the full word cuckold is an old idea.

Just "cuck" is basically internet slang.
>>
File: 1484748706875.png (49KB, 600x534px) Image search: [Google]
1484748706875.png
49KB, 600x534px
>reading Dragon 2 apps
What kind of music does Calisca sing?
>>
>>52022923
But Thistletop thoroughly beat us
>>
>>52022923
But at what cost?

Well, the cost of my own bow, the cost of a life, and the cost of the mission, for one.
>>
>>52022962
The period and archetype imply opera, while the reference pics imply torch singing. Possibly some fusion of those?
>>
File: giving up hope.jpg (32KB, 599x537px) Image search: [Google]
giving up hope.jpg
32KB, 599x537px
>check the dragonsfjord game
>No Listing Found
Oh.
>>
>>52022962
Mongolian Throat Singing

Easy Modo: She sings debauched showtunes in ye olde anglishe.
>>
>>52022988
He closed apps, anon. >>52022789
>>
If you're a Slayer and didn't take the "know enemies' exact HP" talent, get the fuck out of my party. That is your ONE unique application of the class. We have Barbarians for hitting things in combat, and they're better at it, so you better do something special.
>>
Ok. My friends. Let me weave you a story. A word-story. Of tonight's session of Rise of the Runelords.

So these guys are delving into thistletop. They've been able to compartmentalize their combats until now, avoiding too much madness and getting overwhelmed.

Until we get to this.

Apparently, one of my players JUST COULDN'T FUCKING DEAL with the fact that Thistletop does indeed, have doors inside. And he went mad with DOOR RAGE, opening all the doors he came across.

This fuck.

This fuck threw open the doors to the chapel of Lamashtu.

And the Yeth hounds were there.

And Alerted THE REST OF THISTLETOP because of their howls. This was a problem. Mostly because Orik and Lyrie hadn't been cleared.

the Yeth hounds also scattered two party members, panicking them.

So the party was split, and suddenly more and more outnumbered

For his crimes, the door-opening fool was blasted by Lyrie and then torn apart by the Yeth hounds, meanwhile the last sane party member managed to Diplomance Orik and get the rest of the party out in a defensive retreat

Beat, battered, and pretty much defeated. Thats how the party is.

Now I have to figure out where to go from here. Godbless.
>>
File: korra just right.jpg (339KB, 540x778px) Image search: [Google]
korra just right.jpg
339KB, 540x778px
>>52023003
>if you don't take the metagaming talent you're shit
Never change, /pfg/
>>
>>52022988
Sorry man, you just missed it. Unless you already have a fully built character ready and waiting to go I've already got a bunch of really good applicants I need to sort through, and waiting too long to add more will just make it harder.
>>
>>52023016
It should've been me.

Oh Keltheald, it should have been me.
>>
>>52022995
Oh.

>>52022789
>sheets
Ah hells, I knew I forgot something.
>>
>>52023024
Already got my app in. Still need to crunch the numbers in a charsheet. Could you link that dragon heritage pastebin again?
>>
>>52023003
I know the Slayer talent pool but let's not completely fuck them by making them take such a shit talent.
>>
>>52023032
>>52023055
(You)-ing both of you since you'll both need it: http://pastebin.com/YiMVrNWE
>>
>>52023018
>>52023060
Can't you already figure stuff like that out by making a Heal check? Or is that just something my group invented?
>>
File: thumbs up.jpg (104KB, 800x999px) Image search: [Google]
thumbs up.jpg
104KB, 800x999px
>>52023070
Thanks.
>>
>>52023081
Not by raw, but it's still just not a useful talent. At worse if you have a DM that describes how badly hurt something looks, then you can probably wager a very close guess on what you need to work through. At best, if meat points are in full force, it's still just not very useful knowing how much HP an enemy has and it's particularly meta-gamey.

You can pick it up after 10 or whatever because the Slayer talent pool sucks once you've nabbed your free feats, but it's really no big deal.
>>
>>52023081
>>52023125
The reason it's really metagamey is it prevents your GM from hiding high level/undead NPCs. It's a move action to study, so a slayer with that can study a whole room in under a minute. Any of them have high HP/don't show up? Yeah, they're a boss.
>>
>>52023028
no it shouldn't have. That was a retarded play, he ignored all the warnings and just went in like a jackass.
>>
>>52023016
>the last sane party member
I think that may be giving me a little too much credit
>>
>Dragons2 app
>Level 3, 25 AC, 46 hp, equivalent 39 point buy
>+5 sword attack for 2d6+2d8+7
>follow up +4 punch for 1d4+2d8+1d6+4
>whichever hits procs Lifeleech Pulse to heal allies
Is this what it's like to be optimized or is there higher peaks?
>>
>>52023166
WHOM'SBE THIS?
>>
>>52020684
>Anon was probably bullshitting
Luna was playing a lesbian samurai, when the witch used cackle, he started bitching about how he would probably use slumber later, when he realized the alchemist was a vivisectionist he took every effort to deny him flanking, when she realized he was a beastmorph he threw a fit and complained about how "ridiculous" natural attacks were and he also bitched about the cleric spending a feat on selective channel and being a healbot, he also tried bitching at the paladin who told him to fuck off in voice which btfo your little faggot bff quite thoroughly. I also noticed a pattern where he was all over other female characters, the druid in particular who laughed at his advances in voice (coincidentally a girl irl) giving him another generous helping of btfo.

That specific enough for you?
>>
>>52023173
I can smell an Aisha poster from a mile away.
>>
>>52023177
Nah, just sounds like you're a salty faggot. Congrats.
>>
>>52022748
You're making it real fucking hard anon. Some of these apps are shit.

>Marry
Lythinex: A business owner, a woman of the world and she's self-reliant. 9/10 waifu. Scars add appeal but subtract hotness, and her organs inside aren't quite right so fucking her might feel weird. Great wife material though.

Aisha: Cute, has a good easygoing personality that I could see going from sickly-sweet newlyweds to still-sickly-sweet happily married couple. Good if you're adventuring. You have to deal with her reincarnated BFF, but he's a bro. Girl-Gil is always excellent. 8/10

Marianne: That body, goddamn. Kind of weird and a borderline personality, needy but kind. Only worry is that Harbingers tap into negative emotions and she's going for undead, so the house could smell like shit pretty quick. Getting married is part of her personal story. 9/10

Ulfric: Submissive bara husbando who cooks and looks pretty fuckin' great. Secretly a little rough around the edges and could regress to his badboy days. There's not a lot to say here other than that he'll probably fuck you through a wall. 9/10.
>>
>>52023186
Ohboy
>>
>>52023154
you actually basically saved the entire party, weren't scared out of your mind, and got the rest out.
>>
>>52023166
Forgot Power Attack, it's a +4 to do 2d6+2d8+10

>>52023186
Oh joy, This phase of shitposting has begun.
>>
>>52023195
>Fuck
Mercedes: You could bounce quarters off that stomach and she's a nice enough girl. Her personality is kind of iffy and waffles, and it's obvious she's more into ladylove than guys. Marry if you're a girl. 7/10

Ivelia: Conventionally attractive, glasses, and a wizard + armorist, so she's probably into some kinky magic shit in bed. Her profile isn't very sexual or romantic, but she'll probably be fun. Ask about the adults section of her shop. 7/10

Raine: Bara with no personality and a workable backstory. Uses some A+ meat straight out of Granblue, so nice to look at at least. 6/10

Forte: Cute and energetic, but very competitive. It'll be annoying in the long-term but she's probably tolerable as casual sex friends. 6/10

Rory: Memeposting awoo trash doggo. Can satisfy a lot of different sexual fetishes, and the shitposting at least portrays him as a fundamentally nice guy who can act as the moral center to a group of antisocial losers and edgelords. Might b7 into bestiality, so add/remove points as appropriate. 6/10

Calsicahedrix: Shortstack Jessica Rabbit is a red dragon. Wants to be loved, but tiny. 7/10

Livie: I hear daemon worshippers do anal. 6/10
>>
File: Please, no more.png (111KB, 417x234px) Image search: [Google]
Please, no more.png
111KB, 417x234px
>>52023166
>people are actually optimizing
>I'm over here figuring out how to operate as a total MADman

I'm only hurting myself, but I won't let memes die.
Guess I'll kick together actual fluff tomorrow. I guess I'm going to be an honest to god skinny twink this time around.
>>
File: 515e60e4b984ee46fc868e36e556b7d5.png (661KB, 938x1668px) Image search: [Google]
515e60e4b984ee46fc868e36e556b7d5.png
661KB, 938x1668px
>>52022962
Jazz and bossa nova was my goal. Probably some quieter stuff, too. I wanted to make it super anachronistic and progressive relative to the setting, compared to the "rival" singer she got in a fight with. She's supposed to be very operatic and traditional. I have a couple musical "samples" I'm going to post along with the character sheet.

All that said you've gotta be prolific if you wanna be a star
>>
>>52023205
I still need to save the rabbits.
>>
>>52023256
jesus
>>
>>52023259
If the cages were big enough to carry that is.

If not, I would be okay with just running
>>
>>52023269
they're bolted to the walls, i don't think you're saving the rabbits
>>
>>52023281
Ow my dreams
>>
>>52023188
>Admit that his bff had one post and backpedal later on calling false flag
>Receive more detailed information
Y-you're just salty! Stay mad!
>>
>>52023244
>Shortstack Jessica Rabbit
She's not really supposed to be short, I just though that "cute" pic was appropriate for the game. Anything referring to her being "small" means dragon form, I want to be in that basically 95% of the time, but it doesn't get medium until 6th level.

human form is... "medium" sized
>>
>>52023244

>Kill
Brejik: Tiny trash goblin, inexplicably a shota. Not for lewd, unless you're a degenerate and into /ss/. I bet Ivelia and Marianne are. 0/10

Yoichi: Someone get this man a plane to Rokugan. Would be a tolerable husband in a real L5R game. 4/10

Xen Xetil: Anime towel boy, but a dragon. Has no personality. 2/10

Errakus: Too small to lewd. 0/10

Vorelira: Vore. Lira. A furry. 0/10

Philo Ranken: Generic 2HF fighter, purest martial of the submissions so far. His backstory is that he was a soldier who survived, his motivation is surviving. A breast man, so not complete trash. Dark Souls references. Receding hairline. 2/10

Rorymei Eskena: Jesus wept. As did my dick. 5/10
>>
>>52019535
Might want to put up some info on what you want in an app, like, whether people should bother presenting sheets or backstory or whatever.
>>
>>52023311
That's not me anon, I just don't wanna start tripping.

I'm still unconvinced, Luna seems to remember these events differently, such as not even knowing there was a witch in the party. Plus, Luna is way too fucking awkward to hit on people, romance is not for them and they don't deal with that well. I also have a hard time imagining them bitching about Selective channeling when they appreciated a Cleric of Desna that had it for 3 months. Iunno anon, maybe it's really just the voice chat/no voice chat barrier. Luna probably wasn,t hearing what you were talking about or the plans you were discussing.
>>
>>52020792
Crimson Throne GM, let me put it to you this way: You sound like me before I decided to sack up and tell my resident That Guy he was out of the game. You sound like you're too attached to this person for how you know them outside of game.

Some people can be good friends otherwise, but show the worst of themselves when they sit down to roll dice. I had to deal with that for over a year before I just told the motherfucker in my group--who at the time was one of my best friends--that he was done.

I suggest you think long and hard if you have any doubts at all about a player and how they affect your group. If you find yourself basing your decisions on personal, outside-of-game emotional bonds, then that's all the more reason to tell them to back off. If they're really your friend, they'll be capable of understanding.
>>
>>52023335
>yfw L5R is kill
>>
everything is kill
>>
>>52023255
>>52023326
What's her favorite food?
>>
>>52023359
>false flag! false flag!
>>
>>52023335
Honorable mentions:

Aurora: Only 10/10 girl, too good for marriage. Interview with a dragon was funny, and DFC is an astonishingly patrician fetish.

Also the most disgustingly optimized character, no questions. I don't even have to see a sheet to know that a Brutal Stalker/Self Avowed is going to be insane.

>>52023326
That's fair. I just went off what I saw since I'm shitposting rather than trying to give a serious review, and her height isn't available. Next time I do this I'll be a little more serious.

Good work on the app otherwise.

Not the GM, obviously.
>>
>>52023373
As a matter of fact, I'm gonna want to ask this question of anybody who's applying to Dragon Game 2--let's hear what kind of foodsyou like to eat.
>>
>>52023373
Omelettes
>>
>>52023370
But must everything be kill?
>>
>>52023415
i dunno i'm just emo tonight, feel like I got that guy'd
>>
>>52023400
>Rory is a simple man! He usually hunts for wildlife, or eats scraps he gets from people who like him.. For stuff he catches, he likes deer. For scraps, he REALLY enjoys fatty meats and chewing on bones. Obviously does not like chocolate
>>
>>52023361
I know what you're saying, but I really think this one guy is blowing something out of proportions. I have months of experience GMing that player, and I've been in campaigns with them for now about a year under my belt and besides the one Burnt Offering incident, and the occasional argument that's bound to come up in any group any way, there was nothing as vicious as the anon is claiming.

Believe me, I know when to put the foot down if it was actually needed.
>>
Which Rory is best Rory?
>>
>>52023451
I mean

it's a choice between awoo trash and trap trash. Pick your poison.
>>
>>52023451
A dead one
>>
>>52023451
>>52023463
>>52023466

I do love me some garbage.
>>
>>52023423
How so?
>>
>>52023326
>human form is... "medium" sized
does the human form not need to be the same size as the dragon one?
>>
>>52023481
i dunno i just get the feeling

So i am going to use the darkest of arts to resolve it

talking
>>
>>52023473
Hey SE, can you answer some of the setting questions that got missed?
>>
>>52023431
I find that hard to believe. One anon steps up and warns everyone about a toxic player and you accuse him of slander, he steps up and provides more information and now you accuse him of witch hunting.
This sort of behaviour would have likely fooled us months ago but weve ignored multiple warnings these past few months and all of them have proven to be true. It seems to me like youre just protecting an interest and this does not bode well for your integrity.
>>
Are there any games to app to besides D2 and the DRAMAGAEM
>>
>>52023400
Marianne likes foods with complex flavors and pleasant textures, and gets bored with overly samey dishes.

Things like fried rice/paella with lots of different ingredients, boxed chocolates with multiple varieties and little fruit/sugar tarts are her favorite.

Her absolute favorite is meat. In skewers or in roasts or steaks, as red as one can safely consume it.
>>
>>52023503
I don't see the dude doing any sort of witch hunting accusations in that post.

And, honestly, it's up to you to choose whether you want to apply to a game or not - and it's not, you know, like this is the only game out there. If you're so concerned about Luna as a player, then play in a game without her.
>>
>>52023508
Assuming Dramagaem refers to the Curse of the Crimson Throne game, there's another Wrath of the Righteous game recruiting. It has leadership though, eew.
>>
>>52023530
>leadership

Truly we live in the era of garbage
>>
>>52023484
Nope, Medium or Small. I even just checked it. I'll note that it's Medium on the character sheet.
>>
>>52023529
I don't really care about whatever this drama is and I'm barely reading it but I think I've seen this Luna person referred to under three pronouns this thread, AND THAT'S THE REEEEEAL DANGER.
>>
>>52023503
It could be a possibility. I might be fooled, because i certainly am a bit a naive, but I'm willing to put my honor on the line to vouch for Luna. If Luna's just a big phony, then may I be shamed forever by it. I just hope that Luna will have appreciated fooling me for a good 6 months as a contributing and driving player beforehand.
>>
>>52023551
REEEE
>>
>>52023551
I assumed that someone named Luna would be a her, but you're entirely right.

STAY VIGILANT
>>
>>52023568
STAY WOKE MY NIGGAS
>>
>>52023484
The Humanoid Form TrueDragons get is fixed at Medium or Small.

Taninim have a form that's effectively using Alter Self, which also locks at Small or Medium, though with no additional benefits from the spell.
>>
>>52023373
>>52023405
Red dragons can eat nearly anything because of the heat in their tummies!
>>
Which Dragongame 2 character would be better if they were rewritten as the opposite sex?

Hardmode: Not Rory.

Hardestmode: Not the other Rory either.
>>
>>52023551
Probably some sort of tranny. And nothing says mental sickness better than tranny.
>>
>>52023589
Surely even a big red has a favorite food? Something you go out of your way to eat?

>>52023625
Funny enough, I'd originally thought of making Ulfric a woman, but I think going back on my decision would actually make him worse--he's already unintentionally been too close to biting Mercedes' style, and I don't want to backslide into that risk.
>>
>>52023647
>Not intentionally creating characters similar to other characters and living life on the edge
>>
>>52023246
Don't fuck'n worry about it, Anon.

Freyda's a nonspecialized Incanter riding that train to level 20.
>>
>>52023672
I prefer gap moe to edge, myself.
>>
I JUST WANT A GAME I CAN ACTUALLY PLAY
>>
>>52023246
Anon, I literally picked my classes like a chuuni because their names sounded cool and then built them to hit good with a sword
>>
>>52023246
Embrace the MAD.

I did.
>>
Ok so its my first time playing an initiator and I'm more interested in style above all else.

How badly will I screw myself over if I go stalker and arm myself with nothing but a knife?
>>
>>52023647
>Surely even a big red has a favorite food?
Virgins
>>
>>52023734
Not at all. 1d4 damage is a weak base, but you'll be doing fifillions with your strikes and boosts anyway.
>>
File: 1487646784843.gif (598KB, 438x750px) Image search: [Google]
1487646784843.gif
598KB, 438x750px
>>52023734
>>52023761
As a matter of fact, combine gunslinger with an initiator. Go knife + gun.

Commence Virtuous Mission.
>>
>>52023770
>knife
>gun
>knifegun
>>
>>52021039
You want to be a dinosaur? Be a Saurian Shaman Druid unfortunately you can't be a Tyrannosaurus.
>>
File: knife_eye_attack.jpg (107KB, 729x418px) Image search: [Google]
knife_eye_attack.jpg
107KB, 729x418px
>>52023781
>Knife + Gun
>Not Knife + Eye
>>
How do I build for Antagonize?
>>
>>52023863
What if I only want to be a sexual tyrannosaurus?
>>
>>52023880
Build Intimimancer, throw in Antagonize when you have a spare feat because boy does it suck.
>>
>>52023885
How do I do that?
>>
File: 1488119032379.gif (1MB, 540x335px) Image search: [Google]
1488119032379.gif
1MB, 540x335px
New avowed new avowed!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B5HkyGRtGZy3SWVhdWFBWERWWjg
>>
File: 1487498536172.gif (2MB, 500x278px) Image search: [Google]
1487498536172.gif
2MB, 500x278px
>>52023897
R.I.P. Self Pact
>>
File: 1477713633757.png (220KB, 414x356px) Image search: [Google]
1477713633757.png
220KB, 414x356px
>>52023897
R.I.P. Aether Channel and Aether Rounds
>>
>>52023920
>Oh no, it has to wear armor now
>And it's also a bit tankier

?
>>
>>52023897
Shit, that aether channel change hurts, but I can see why they did it. It had the same issue as PoW early damage...
>>
File: 1473194454212.jpg (116KB, 376x453px) Image search: [Google]
1473194454212.jpg
116KB, 376x453px
>>52023897
>skill clauses still +6 at level 1 but no scaling

Why.
>>
>>52019505
Hey, guys! We've pushed our big new nerf-heavy update LIVE. There's a pretty massive list of changes to both Avowed 1 and 2, so it's worth redownloading the former and checking out the latter. ( https://docs.google.com/document/d/1rV7kaF9JL2gw9xQalkEnlEDL9WXtbsaCqNABm_pLIgc/edit?usp=sharing )
To save you having to meticulously pore through it...
Aether pulse now deals D6s. Celestial pact no longer buffs DCs. Simulacrum memory clarified. Nation 16th buff. Self pact entirely new attunement. Area Shape tag added; adds scaling cha to damage rolls. Aether blast area increased. Aether Channel/Aether Rounds now act like Sacred Weapon at low ranks. Aether Grasp is finessable. Aether Wrath now medium range. Fly on the Wall stealth buffed. Embodiment of Aether, Spirited Swordsmanship, and Steel's Betrayal removed. Aetheric Armor requirements changed, secondary effect replaced. Overcharge Modulation requires Avowed 3. Tinkers can't cheese free material components. Balefire Infusion doesn't change elements; whole blast ignores resistance/immunity.

Dragon and Otyugh aspirants added, Celestial and Divine betrothed added. Betrothed pulse reworked significantly. Companions can choose different shapes from the Avowed and get max HP at 1. Customizations now cause some effects to become Ex (like wings+flight). Aether Beast added. Aether Circus reworked and added. New positive/negative energy invocations added. New combo feats added. New feats added (including one that gives ANYONE a Least clause, so that Bard can still be the best at knowledge.) Hellfire Talent damage nerf. Heart of Aether removed and replaced by Body of the Ancients. Of Two Minds functions with creatures from feats.

So, yeah. Pretty damn massive update - again, apologies for disrupted builds. We hope you guys enjoy the many new options and fewer book-based injuries available to the new Avowed!
>>
>>52023946
>wanting that changed
fuck off, asshole
>>
>>52023946
We believed that a smaller bonus wouldn't feel satisfying as a choice compared to the ability to literally shoot lightning from your fingertips, while this sizable bonus eating up a significant portion of your class's resources (that is no longer locked to the Avowed alone) would be enough to feel worth the selection.
>>
>>52023946
Because it's not really that major of a problem. "Oh no, I get to be good at... skills." Unless you're combining with PoW or something (which, as the devs have noted, you will ALWAYS create problems when you blend different 3rd-party material together), that +6 to Knowledge (Religion) isn't going to break anything.
>>
>>52023975
>+6 to ALL Knowledges and use them untrained
>+6 to Bluff/Diplo/Intimidate
>at level 1
>>
>>52023994
>for the entirety of your clause selection, when even a bard can do much more
... okay?
>>
>>52023994
Yes. You know the difference between a result of 20 and the result of a 26 on a Knowledge check?
PRETTY MUCH NOTHING, unless you're asking for something SUPER esoteric.
>>
>>52024003
Bards can't actually compete with that at low levels.
>>
>>52024003
Oh god imagine doing this AND being a bard, you'd be unstoppable when it comes to knowledge checks!
>>
>>52024003
A bard can't beat that +6 until level 12 and doesn't have a similarly large boost via Versatile Performance. Why play a bard or investigator as a skill monkey class instead of an avowed, when for at least half your career you'll be worse.
>>
>>52024015
>>52024020
The Legalistic feat allows all classes to learn a single Least clause, such as Hidden Knowledge or Silver Tongue.
>>
>>52024020
For bard, the party buffs and the spells, generally?
>>
>>52024030
Why play a bard or investigator as a skill monkey class instead of an avowed, when for half your career you'll be worse?
>>52024026
A feat is a much larger investment than a clause.
>>
File: 1473263258709.gif (108KB, 451x311px) Image search: [Google]
1473263258709.gif
108KB, 451x311px
>>52024026
>Legalistic
>Though you’re far from a true pact, you have an inherent affinity for one clause.
>Prerequisites: Character level 6th.
>Benefit: You gain the ability to use a single non-modulation least clause of your choice at-will, as though you were an avowed of half your character level.

Well damn, now ANYONE can pick up that sweet +6 to all Knowledges (and use them untrained) or that +6 Bluff/Diplomacy/Intimidate.
>>
>>52023994
I'm not following the avowed stuff but why not just make it scale from 3 to 6 similarly to Skill Focus? 10 hit die or something.
>>
>>52024043
Because the avowed has to spend a significant amount of their stuff on their skills. They're 4 + Int, Cha-based, and they only get 5 least clauses. Bards get spells for utility, spells for debuffs and buffs, and also performances.
>>
>>52024052
That was our intention, yes. ^^

>>52024059
Because Skill Focus is a terrible feat, and we believe class features are worth more than a single godawful feat. Or three godawful feats.
>>
>>52024052
Yep, at 6th level. Again, WHY is this considered unbalanced? Oh no, now ANYONE can be good at something, instead of being forced to pick a class you might have not wanted to play. How terrifying, a Rogue that's actually good at their job, or a Barbarian that can do more than smash!
>>
>>52024059
Because that'd be really shit compared to stuff like constant see invisibility, walking on walls, and SHOOTING LIGHTNING.
>>
>>52023971
So basically everyone can get +6 to a scad of different skills as a feat now?

That's not much better.
>>
>>52024073
Sounds fair to me, given how shitty Skill Focus is and how much feats are worth.
>>
>>52024059
Because that'd just be giving Skill Focus under a different name.

Would you rather have Skill Focus, or "I can sense what this magic item is" or "I am never ever going to accidentally shoot my friends, plus I'm always comfortable no matter where I am"?
>>
>>52024073
Sure? You're blowing a feat to be better at skills.
>>
>>52024081
But I like to think Skill Focus (Acrobatics) or (UMD) is okay to snag sometimes...
>>
>>52024003
Bards don't have a larger bonus until level 14. If you're not saying that's dumb then I don't know what.
>>
>>52024098
Bardic Knowledge is a shit class feature though, it doesn't really make them functional. It's basically the equivalent of Trap Sense.
>>
>>52024086
That's significantly better at MULTIPLE skills.
>>
>>52024098
You've also got actual spells, Bardic Performance, and Bardic Masterpieces to play with too in the interim. It's not like all you've got is skills, like the poor Rogue does.
>>
>>52024108
... Cool? That seems fine to me. +6 is good but not as good as you're making it out to be.
>>
>>52024108
And it's also at level 6, when wizards are tossing fireballs and hastes, and clerics are getting Divine Power. In comparison to even something as basic as "Oh yeah, Alchemists are really good now", a +6 to several skills isn't impressive.
>>
>>52024086
1 feat equivalent for +6 to all knowledges? Fuck yeah I'd take that. That's an equivalent of +60 total skill bonus.

>>52024066
That's shit, uninteresting, and not balanced at low levels. particularly for stealth, bluff, or disguise. A level 1 character having +6 untyped to stealth or bluff puts them out of range in most cases of failure.

They're boring and unflavorful. They screw things at low levels.

It'd be better to have clauses that DO things with those skills than just give a bonus. Or fucking hell, give a smaller scaling bonus plus a special application of the skill, that's a hundred times fucking better than the trash it is now.

It's boring, that's the worst part. Boring how skill focus is boring.
>>
>>52024130
Go away Parrot.
>>
I'm not seeing any good reasoning on what better bardic knowledge (until level 14) for a feat for anyone is good design.

I mean seriously? How is that justifiable because for over half the game it just blows bardic knowledge out of the water for little investment.
>>
>>52024145
It stacks with Bardic Knowledge, and thus a Bard at level 7 (or 6 if they retrain into it) can get a +9 on all knowledge checks, while the Avowed is stuck at +6 forever.
>>
File: zktRC5t.gif (198KB, 300x237px) Image search: [Google]
zktRC5t.gif
198KB, 300x237px
>>52024137
Hey, that's not me! I'm being slandered!
>>
>>52024145
Because Bardic Knowledge is a shit thing to balance around.
>>
>>52024137
There is a reason Deific Obedience (Irori) is considered far and away the best obedience until the fey one came along. This feat is strictly better in every way.
>>
>>52024145
Because Bardic Knowledge is and always has been basically worthless, thanks to its scaling?

Take it on a bard, they stack!
>>
>>52024081
I've taken Focused Study on my human where I can abuse it, hell, I've at least spent a feat on Skill Focus (Intimidate) before. +6 to one skill sounds weak in a vacuum, but if you're picking it up it's because there's some plan to abuse it, and exploitation is what I figure balances need to keep in mind.

It may be that the other avowed options are so good that you'd never likely take this, I don't know, I only have a passing understanding of the class, but +6 to your social skills early on comes out to virtually never failing in your face role. +6 to knowledges and making them untrained can really trivialize shit in the right campaign. If all you're doing is playing for the kills then whatever, but diplomancers are a real deal, I'd definitely hesitate thinking about what someone's planning to do opening the game with +15 diplomacy.
>>
File: attachment.jpg (98KB, 955x1273px) Image search: [Google]
attachment.jpg
98KB, 955x1273px
>>
>>52024174
How is this relevant?
>>
>>52024160
Yeah, and Irori can be taken a level earlier. 2 levels actually, because you CAN'T FUCKING GET A FEAT AT 6TH LEVEL WHAT THE FUCK FORREST
>>
>>52024154
>It stacks with Bardic Knowledge
Yes and? How this that a justification for it? The fact it stacks with bardic knowledge means nothing for how it is, for a feat, better than bardic knowledge for most of the game.

The fact bards can take it doesn't mean anything for its balance. It means a bard has to take it to be competitive for knowledge against someone else who takes it, until level 14. How do you justify that?

>>52024159
+6 flat bonuses rather than scaling is shit to balance around.

I'm still not seeing any reasoning for flat +6 over scaling + special uses.

Flat bonuses to skills are EXTREMELY borings.
>>
>>52024182
Ok, you can't take it till level 7. From level 7 to level 12, five levels, you are better than Bardic Knowledge. You're then equal till level 14.

I'm not seeing how this is a good idea.
>>
>>52024184
Alright then, what would you suggest as the rate of scaling (don't fucking say +3/+6 at 10th like Skill Focus) and the "special uses"? Like what, use Knowledge to Intimidate someone with your big brain? Use Disguise to trick a magic item into being used?
>>
>>52024182
no that was my bad leave her out of this My intention was that it'd come online the same level Extra Clause did. I forgot to actually consider feat progression.

>>52024184
Skill bonuses are fairly boring across the board, but I personally take a great joy in having a +6 bonus to a social skill at low levels. It's enough to make me feel supernaturally suave, instead of wondering why I even bothered to take the ability.

Seriously, fuck Skill Focus.
>>
New Thread
>>52024221
>>52024221
>>52024221
>>52024221
>>52024221
>>
>>52024202
And what about the guy who wanted to be a suave non-avowed, and is being outdone by the avowed because of this bonus?
>>
>>52024247
He's got other ways to be suave, doesn't he? Like (most likely) spells?
Thread posts: 377
Thread images: 47

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.