[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Worm thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 7

File: IMG_0432.jpg (85KB, 500x188px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0432.jpg
85KB, 500x188px
Which capes had the greatest potential for good and botched it?

[Spoiler] who had the most terible power and did well enough anyway[/spoiler]
>>
Sphere. All other answers are wrong.
>>
>>52016957
For the first question yeah
For the second question I have to say Kid Win, he was just a little shitty Tinker and yet he was making it work.
>>
>>52016916

jack slash caused doomsday to happen because he's just such a dooshbag and he gets off on that sort of thing. Just imagine the kind of miracles he would have worked if he got employed as a clinical psychologist instead of a murderhobo.
>>
File: Undersiders_by_shadaan-dahwc9f.jpg (242KB, 1000x650px) Image search: [Google]
Undersiders_by_shadaan-dahwc9f.jpg
242KB, 1000x650px
Who is the best Undersider and why is it Bitch?
>>
File: IMG_0275.jpg (249KB, 1024x1434px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0275.jpg
249KB, 1024x1434px
>>52016916
Scion of course.
>>
>>52017127
It's not easy being the strongest man in the world.
>>
>>52016916
For the second, Regent. Unsung hero of the Undersiders.
>>
>>52017074
>Bitch
eeeeh, epilogue made Imp seem better in my eyes
>>
>>52017074
Regent.
>>
File: image.jpg (133KB, 1920x480px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
133KB, 1920x480px
>>52016916
We're not even trying to make this /tg/-related anymore?

Anyway, post more stuff that will devour my life like Worm did.
>>
File: uhgINoAy9mM3gG1kBExgZfFlR47.jpg (92KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
uhgINoAy9mM3gG1kBExgZfFlR47.jpg
92KB, 1000x563px
John Wick is now in the Wormverse and has what would be his famous trigger event.

If you seen the movie, you should know his trigger event, but:

Settling down and retiring as one of the best assassins the world has ever seen, his wife and true loves dies of cancer. Struck with grief, he doesn't know what to do without her. Until a gift comes to his doorstep from his deceased wife. It was a puppy with note attached to its collar saying, "Don't forget how to love." A few days come by and he cherishes this puppy and is able to move on. Then one day at a gas station, a couple of thugs eyes his Mustang and plan to steal it. That night, they break in his house and gang up on John. But when his puppy comes to protect his owner, the thugs kill it without a second thought. John wakes up from unconsciousness finding the dead puppy placed in front of his face.
>>
>>52017542
Mods can't tell webnovels from traditional games
>>
>>52017785
Fuck, I forget how fucking BAD trigger events are, like, jesus fuck people have to go through the toughest shit as first gen capes in order to trigger
and then second gen capes trigger via getting fowled in basketball games
>>
>>52017834
No shit there bad. In order to trigger, you need some traumatic past that always keeps you on edge in the first place, then a final push to throw you off the deep end that is or can relate to said traumatic past.

Also, a foul is all it took?
>>
>>52017918
that's how Glory Girl triggered, yep
>>
>>52017956
>third generation capes
>they're 7
>tell them to go to bed
>it's their bedtime
>bedtime
>REEEEEEE
>becomes a Master 6, Mover 6
>>
>>52017834
>>52017956
It's been suggested that it was more the circumstances in her life that lead to the trigger, being the only unpowered member of a cape family for instance, rather than the foul itself.
>>
>>52017956
Fucking A+ reading comprehension there, mate. Truly stellar.
>>
>>52018647
That's literally her words though, or was it Panacea's words FUCK it's been a while, it was outright stated that was her trigger event though, even if the shit mentioned >>52018098 here is probably more realistically why it happened.
>>
>>52018770
That's like saying Taylor triggered because of a prank. If someone told you only that you'd consider her the biggest pussy on the planet.
>>
>>52018792
Well if you actually describe the prank in question it's more understandable
>>
>>52018792
She was the biggest pussy on the planet though.

Then she got powers, almost died a couple dozen times, and became less of a wimp.
>>
>>52018647
>>52018792
I don't think it was ever actually explained what was special about the foul though? I definitely don't remember, there's nothing on the wiki, and one of Wildbow's leftover comments says Victoria triggered "easily" in gym class.
>>
>>52017074
I'm pretty sure you are *Forgetting* somebody.
>>
>>52017785
So in that case, what's his power?
I'm thinking minor brute package mixed with combat thinker of some kind.

Actually, better idea, his power is a minor increase in reaction time and accuracy. Just enough that on anyone else, it would be practically useless. On him, its nightmarish.
>>
250 good boy points to whoever correctly guesses Parian's real power
>>
>>52017074

Tats will always be my favorite tbqh, but I do love all of them greatly.
>>
>>52019021

WoG has suggested that there's more to Victoria's trigger than she admits.
>>
>>52020233
The psychokinetic domination of material substance? Due to whatever mental blocks her trigger created, it only works on fabric for her.
Eh, sounds OP. Probably not.
>>
>>52020233
She describes it as "soaking" into fabric at some point, so possibly the manipulation of minute amounts of water vapor to animate fabric?
>>
>>52020233
>>52020457
iirc fabric has nothing to do with it. It's a control of air. It 'spreads out' if there's nothing to contain it and grows weaker because of it, so she uses stuffed animals as a vessel for her power. She could theoretically use anything that might contain her power, but that's just the most convenient (and thematically appropriate) medium

i think that's how it was explained, anyway
>>
>>52019822
Hell, why just stop there? Put it to max.
>>
>>52019822
>>52020778
Brute, Striker, Thinker would fit in this classification but we need the ironic twist from his power to insult the trigger event. A fine point that would help out the situation in the problem that he can never fix.

So, since he failed to protect the two things he cherished the most, his favorite car and the last gift from his dead wife, how would that affect his Brute/Striker/Thinker classification?
>>
>>52021184
his Brute class comes from a barrier he can form
it only protects him
>>
>>52021202
And the Thinker/Striker classification?
>>
>>52021294
Produces energy inside his body that enhances physical force, Is able to produce monstrous amounts of said force and concentrate it into a single area or bypass barriers to strike internally.
>>
>>52021184
>we need the ironic twist from his power to insult the trigger event
Not neccesarily.

I mean, Purity triggered from starving to death and got laser beams for her power.

No irony at all.
>>
>>52021992
Purity received the ability to subsist on sunlight and lasers are a side-application of that (channeling concentrated light out as an offensive burst).
>>
File: john-wick-fan-art-point-blank.jpg (114KB, 1000x750px) Image search: [Google]
john-wick-fan-art-point-blank.jpg
114KB, 1000x750px
For the John Wick trigger event, here's the classification methodology from the wiki.

http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/Brute
>Repression Brute: Has abstract or indirect measures used to moderate harm.
>Involves other, surface-level damage or emotional helplessness.

http://worm.wikia.com/wiki/Thinker
>Combat Thinker: Has powers that enable them to fight more effectively.
>Involves intense rage and angry frustration or resentment.
>Social Thinker: Can manipulate, study, or control others, but do so purely through the right information or skills.
>Involves isolation, betrayal, or similar, but with a focus on emotions. (Guilt, shame, self-loathing, etc.)

However would you fuse these aspects into a power?
>>
>>52021202
>>52021294
Maybe his power fluctuates based on his emotional being. Normally he's only like a one or two in all three classifications, it rises to three when he's actively protecting something, and rises again to six when he's avenging something.

Also, Brute for strenght and toughness, Thinker for increase in reaction time and accuracy, why Striker? Does he make guns he uses more deadly?
>>
>>52022867
Decided against Striker after thinking about it. See above post >>52022791

Looks like he may get tougher from the more information he reads from his enemies. Or, and this is reaching, he becomes a true fear-monger by combining his Combat and Social Thinker aspects together. With enough intimidation cues to throw off his enemy, the stronger he becomes. Baba Yaga lives.
>>
File: 8FZouC[1].jpg (178KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
8FZouC[1].jpg
178KB, 1920x1080px
>>52017785
Lets do bourne

And try to see who would win in a fight based on the powers that we give them

Bourne trigggers after having a conscience attack over two kids that lead to him getting shot in the head, gaining amnesia and nearly drowning in the ocean and being saved by some fishermen.
>>
>>52023147
I never seen the Bourne series and I'm a pleb for it.

Would gaining amnesia cause a trigger event or remembering the important memories after curing the amnesia?
>>
I wonder if Batman's trigger(s) would have resulted in a cape less powerful than actual Batman.
>>
>>52023389
there are several points during his origin iwhere a trigger event would have been s reasonable outcome.

1st moment would be when he spots the kids onboard the ship and can't bring himself to finish the mission by killing them (Thinker or Changer with a small chance of being a tinker)

2nd would be just after he gets shot in the head and starts drowning. (Shaker, blaster or brute)

3rd would be when he discovers snippets of his past self for the first time while recovering from the amnesia. (master, shaker, mover and breaker are good candidates)
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.