[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So anyone tried the batman miniatures game? Curious how it is

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 2

File: riddler.jpg (74KB, 960x502px) Image search: [Google]
riddler.jpg
74KB, 960x502px
So anyone tried the batman miniatures game? Curious how it is and if anyone had any thoughts on it.
>>
It's good.
>>
>>52015718

I'm glad to hear. Any details?
>>
>>52016695
pick a villain gang, Heroes are hard as shit to play well because they just get fucked by the villains numbers
>>
>>52018811

Oh balance not good or just hard to play the heroes?
>>
>>52015249
35mm is the most gorgeous scale.
>>
>>52020287

It really is. Love these minis.
>>
>>52019910
Heroes are fine, you just have to be willing to hire cops, and not just a bunch of heroes.
>>
>>52016695
Alternating activation skirmish game, <12 models a side. Fairily heavily objective based, though you do score points by taking out opponent models.
Combat resolution is a little warhammery (roll to hit, maybe roll to defend, roll to wound) - neutral for me but may turn some off.
Game forces you to do some preplanning each turn, models have will power points to assign to movement, defense, attack, and special at the start of the turn which basically sets what the model is going to do for the turn.
>>
Is there a comprehensive list of all models somewhere? The website for the place near me normally has everything but they seem to be missing a lot of shit. The Riddler crew in the OP for example.

Also I've seen shit like Sinestro and Black Adam at my LCS. How the fuck do they work if it's supposed to be street level?
>>
>>52020964

I don't think the riddler models are out yet. In a few weeks I think?

As for black adam and the like, that's a different game, super hero based one.
>>
>>52020964
Here you go friend, the army builder with all the available models up to now.

http://bmg-builder.com/batman.html

To answer your other question Sinestro and Black Adam are from a different game, the DC Universe Game. Its team on team heroes and villains and runs the full spectrum from street to Supes.
>>
>>52021253
He is out, just most stores haven't got their stock in yet. I got my Electrocutioner on Friday.

>>52018811
>>52019910
Its not so much a balance thing but the numbers are more forgiving. With a more elite crew/ team you need to have a plan for every model and not fuck up. That being said you'll have the tools to do almost anything.

Except for Watchmen. They are genuinely lacking. They were a 'team' before'teams became a thing in the expansion and because of that don't have any equipment or special rules to compensate.
>>
One other thing, aren't the rules online for free somewhere? I've been fucking around with that character builder but I don't really know what all these rules mean or what I'm shooting for. So far I'm thinking of picking up that Penguin starter set.
>>
File: Batman425-Katunk.jpg (204KB, 600x892px) Image search: [Google]
Batman425-Katunk.jpg
204KB, 600x892px
>>52023604
The character sheets are, but not the main rules. I'd buy the rulebook if you're interested though, Knight Models give you a free miniature depending on which version (No difference in rules, just a different cover) you go for. Batman cover gets you Alfred, Joker cover gets you Joker as the Red Hood.
>>
>>52015249
It's a great game, I wish people played it around here. My flgs gave it a good try but between the distribution fuckeries making it hard to get any specific model in and the lack of a marketing push anywhere means that people just kept jacking off Warmahordes instead
>>
>>52023857
I might give it a shot, since there's apparently a scene growing from the dwindling Heroclix scene at my LCS. What's the usual point total for a crew that I should be shooting for?
>>
>>52023857
The game is getting pushed way harder now. The two player starter has sold extremely well and we are getting another expansion soon.

>>52023944
For starting I'd say 150 - 200 (this is usually a crew set or crew set plus a blister depending on faction). Standard game size is 350 so thats what you should build towards.

A Batman plus some cops versus a villain starter is a good way to demo.
>>
>>52023964
Neat ok. When I was plaing around with the builder I found that certain Court of Owls members equal exactly 300 points, so I guess that leaves 50 points for equipment. That might be where I end up starting
>>
Some of these models look really nice but how pozzed is the game? Comics are completely ruined and I'm wondering if the game is following the same path.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.