[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Space Hulk: Doom

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 3

File: QFjK1vRl.jpg (23KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
QFjK1vRl.jpg
23KB, 640x480px
So some glorious bastard on the zdoom forum is working on a Space hulk Total Conversion. https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55317
Its in alpha but any fanworks based on 40k still kicks ass either way.
>>
>>52012246
>https://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=55317

Id say that this belongs to >>3835795

but motherfucker

someone finally used the Ripped Space hulk assets from the original PC and Vengeance of the blood angels games

now if /TG/ decides to make some maps, GZDOOM builder became piss easy to do this, and there's even some starter map contests about it like DUMP
>>
>>52013169

fix the link anon

>>>>/vr/3835795

i remember playing a space hulk mod in the past, which had some badly ripped sprites out of the PS1 game.
>>
>>52012246
>>52013169
>>52013332

>>>/v/
>>
File: HulkDOOM.jpg (90KB, 604x364px) Image search: [Google]
HulkDOOM.jpg
90KB, 604x364px
>>52012246

Aw SHIET!

though the weapon sprites looks bad and it isn't a guardsman like this pic
>>
Does it mean that we will get some sync kills in melee?
>>
File: 1477348599452.jpg (30KB, 301x351px) Image search: [Google]
1477348599452.jpg
30KB, 301x351px
>>52013348
>40K isn't /tg/
No more meming for you.
>>
>>52013411
The sprites look a bit meh but in motion they work really well. especially when shootin nids.
>>
Also just a little tip: if you open the console and type map map02 you can play regular doom maps in your spacehulk! its still just genestealers but still. Also, using the ol IDKFA cheat lets you try out the other unfinished weapons!
>>
>>52012246
Ey I helped make that - I found the genestealer sprites and wrote most of the code for them.
I also made all the sounds and wrote the music, but the sounds - in particular the death sound - need work. I found some good genestealer-like sounds from a left4dead2 space hulk mod, so next version should be much better.

You think someone would have ripped the sounds of all the space hulk games but it seems to be harder to find than you'd think. I even tried extracting sounds from the .frm files in the Space Hulk data, but no dice. I have no idea how to do that shit...

The author of the mod did a great job making the map though, look forward to seeing the next few maps and the progress.
>>
>>52013411
>Space hulk
>guardsman

A guardsman wouldn't last 5 seconds in a space hulk infested with genestealers. Only terminators are up to the job
>>
>>52016988
Maybe if they were a whole shit ton of guardsmen veterans with some money poured into their equipment.
>>
>>52018846
I can't see it working, considering there's only enough room for 1 man in the corridor most of the time. maybe 2 max. 1 man vs genestealer with only regular flak armor would be dead, especially considering they have no real melee weapons beyond a basic chainsword (need thunder hammers and lightning claws etc to go toe-to-toe with a genestealer 1v1) Even 1 genestealer would just shred guardsman after guardsman until they were all dead. Their only hope would be to draw them into a position where they could mass fire on them before they closed into melee. Its do'able, but you'd need to plan it out and if there were any surprises (genestealers coming through the walls) the whole regiment would be dead.
>>
>>52019108
In terms of girth a space marine is about twice the size of a normal dude. Add to that the terminator armor wich agaisnt kinda doubles it. you could have about 4 guardsmen for the same space a terminator takes. Then add a shit ton more guardsmen wich can all shoot at the same time because they arent wall-sized or wall-shaped and you have a lot more dakka and a lot more men. Also keep in mind i did mention them being veterans with actual funds being used so probably some slightly better armor than flak vests and flashlights.
>>
>>52016871
>Ey I helped make that - I found the genestealer sprites and wrote most of the code for them.
Ey, a fellow doom-modding fa/tg/uy. That's something I thought I'd never see.
>>
>>52016988
>someone's never played advanced space crusade or the imperial guard expansion
>>
>>52013348
It's 40k, it is here to stay.

And the classic Doom isn't even /v/, you fucking uneducated Stegosaurus, it's /vr/.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.