[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 315
Thread images: 39

File: highly hazardous.jpg (298KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
highly hazardous.jpg
298KB, 1920x1080px
/dcg/ Dropzone/Dropfleet Commander General

EXOSQUAD edition

Last Thread:
>>51896051

>Hawk Wargames website, with links to models, rules, and forums
http://www.hawkwargames.com/

>DZC rules, units, errata, etc
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/3e69ovwksc27r/DZC#3e69ovwksc27r

>DZC Phase 2 Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/9o0mghzvf3gsnzg/Phase2-rulesScenarios.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Units
http://www.mediafire.com/download/hjxrk1f2i0fv283/Phase2_units.pdf
>DZC Phase 2 Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/download/novaydro2mxo074/Phase2-fluff.pdf

>Dropbox of rulebook pictures
https://www.dropbox.com/sh/ci1w3beqaeu5nca/AADismn1gX0dYWShk45csdRca?dl=0

>free DZC army builders
http://www.dzc-ffor.com/
http://solomonder.com/scoldzap/

>DFC Rules and Scenarios
http://www.mediafire.com/file/li17bl14bute5ee/DFC_RulesScenarios.pdf
>DFC Units
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oa35v9pq7gfe1fs/DFC_Units.pdf
>DFC Fluff
http://www.mediafire.com/file/oysd2f64iytbd69/DFC_Fluff.pdf

>free DFC fleet builder
http://dflist.com/

>Where to order DFC from
http://www.waylandgames.co.uk/3951-dropfleet-commander
http://www.miniaturemarket.com/table-top-miniatures/dropfleet-commander.html
http://www.thewarstore.com/dropfleet-commander-preorder.html

>DFC Kickstarter, lots of useful information to drudge through
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/hawkwargames/dropfleet-commander

Reminder to ignore bait, unless it is masterfully crafted.

Note: There's currently a non-official fan DFC and DZC unit design contest going on at Hawk's forums. Check it out if you have an account.
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=9444
http://www.hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=36&t=9445
>>
Furbst bost x-ddd

I've got two shaltari cruisers on the sprue. I have so far:
2 motherships
1 amber
1 onyx
1 basalt

Was considering a jet but not sure what to go for the third one, would like to avoid a third mothership if possible as I don't have enough gates
>>
>>52010643
I'd go for 2 Turquoises, or maybe a Turqoise and a Jet. That gets you some nice bombardment power.
>>
FUCK CAPTCHA, just wiped my entire previous attempt.

OK, I made a post a while back regarding starting demo games. I have a Commodore + Starter for each. Can I get suggestions on how to salvage get a good baseline selection from what I have (1BC, 7x Cruiser, 16x Frigate) for each faction. Asterisked ships have been built already and can't be changed.

UCM
Avalon*, Atlantis*
Moscow, San Francisco, 2x Seattle, 2x New Cairo, Madrid
6x New Orleans, 4x Lima, 2x Jakarta, 2x Toulon, 2x Taipei

Scourge
Basilisk*
Shenlong* (Beam arcs glued, but hat still not done, could become a Sphinx), Ifrit, 2x Strix, 2x Hydra, Chimera
6x Gargoyle, 4x Charybdis, 4x Djinn, 2x Harpy

PHR
Leonidas*
2x Bellerophon, 1x Orion, 2x Theseus, 2x Orpheus
4x Medea, 2x Andromeda* (I fell for the Bomber memes), 2x Calypso, 4x Europa, 4x Pandora

Shaltari* (all built just tell me what to buy next to unfuck this shit)
Adamant
Jet, Onyx, Obsidian, 3x Emerald, Basalt
6x Opal (fucked up when counting up, was going for 4), 6x Amethyst, 4x Jade (expected them to be better than they were)
9x Voidgate-chan

Please help, I want to be able to offer varying playstyles or allow people to choose their own fleets to play with no 'trap' options, whilst still being able to use them myself semi-competitively. I'll probably have to buy another Shaltari set at some point, but I like the look of them most.
>>
>>52011400
Forgot to add, I cannot find the previous post despite extensive searching, hence the repost.
>>
>>52011400
Seems good for the most part.

>2x Toulon, 2x Taipei
Better to go all the way with one combat frigate imo, 2 Toulons is a valid addition to any battlegroup but 2 Taipeis is a bit meh. You can grab another frigate box in the future if you like and build the other type.

>Basilisk and also Shenlong
You might as well keep it as a Sphinx, Basilisk is better than Shenlong in every way unfortunately. Sphinx is good though, a mean weapons free ship that is quite cheap and isn't afraid to get stuck in. And you can always put the hat on later if Shenlong becomes less overshadowed in the future.

Get a cruiser box for the Shaltari. I advise making either 2 Turqoises or a Turqoise and an Amber. Easier to fit into lists than all those heavies.
Topazes can be nice sometimes but they aren't fantastic. Get a frigate box and make 4 of them if you feel the desire, but there's really no need.
>>
Still, you can't field 6 Opals short of a Battle-size game. If a knife can save you, use it.
>>
>>52011605
Thanks! I mist admit I was mainly building Shaltari for myself, don't expect a huge demand, normal cruisers just seemed like a bit of a waste, though from what I've been reading, weapons free seems to be a mistake with Shaltari most of the time.

>>52012051
Eh, I guess, to be honest, I don't think 2 Topazes will make all that much difference, and at least I'll never need Opals again.
>>
>>52012078
Most Shaltari ships have 2 modes. There's the sneaky little shit mode which has shields down and tries to keep spikes to a minimum. This is the default mode, and you should never go weapons free in this mode.

The second mode is for when you remember that 4+ shields are more effective than 3+ armour against almost every gun in the game. It involves putting your shields up and going weapons free all day without a care. This only really works for ships with worthwhile weapons free like Onyx and Adamant or ships that are getting close enough to be shot at anyway like the Turquoise and Jet.
>>
>>52011605
Disagree on the Taipeis, those girls can be murderous.
>>
>>52012143
>The second mode is for when you remember that 4+ shields are more effective than 3+ armour against almost every gun in the game.
REALLY? I heard shields were good, but not that good, in a preliminary game I played the shield led to getting fucked four-ways to Sunday by bomber waves, although I'll admit that's just 1 game.
>>
>>52012266
Mathematically, yeah. The only times 4+ shields are worse than 3+ normal armour is when faced with 5+ and 6+ lock weapons that cannot crit. Shields are fuckin crazy, man. And bomber waves are what that Basalt is there for, bombers are balanced around having PD to soften the blow. If you don't have that then even the best armour will still have trouble keeping up.
>>
>>52012144
They can, but only two you're not likely to get full value from them. Three or four is the magic number
>>
>want to take Taipeis in my list
>just can't justify it in the face of Limas, Jakartas, or more Toulons

The UCM getting a CAW focused capital ship of some description would be nice, it only to build a group around.
>>
File: UCM_Battleship_Beijing0.jpg (106KB, 797x532px) Image search: [Google]
UCM_Battleship_Beijing0.jpg
106KB, 797x532px
Bump for Beijing, the best looking battleship
>>
>>52013952
Taipei are really pretty great. more than 2 Limas is too much, probably the same with Jakartas.

Toulons have at it though.
>>
>>52015524

That is not the Demon.
>>
>>52016568
>literally a space trilobite
>>
>>52016667

Yes, and?

Also, the modular design on that model is really fun to work with from a modelling perspective.
>>
>>52016745
Honestly, I kind of want to buy like three or four of them and make a super long bobbit worm dreadnought.
>>
File: DFC-22001.jpg (586KB, 960x640px) Image search: [Google]
DFC-22001.jpg
586KB, 960x640px
>>52015524
That's a really funny way of saying "Dragon," anon. You even posted the wrong picture!

Here, allow me.
>>
>>52017753

I dunno, I've tried both looks, and I just think the Demon looks the better of the two.
>>
>>52017753
I still think the Daemon and Dragon should have Occulus Phalanxes for their middle section as well.

what could you give the Beijing to make it a viable gun BB on par with the (just updated) Daemon, Heracles, and Minos?
>>
File: 1487870719286.png (23KB, 203x240px) Image search: [Google]
1487870719286.png
23KB, 203x240px
>>52017240
>bobbit worm
The Scourge do have a preference for the most horrifying of species.
>>
>>52013952
Apparently you've never been on either side of a proper 4 ship Taipei murder pack. They're the only frigate (apart from Norleans I guess) that I'd build a BG around.
>>
File: DFC-24001.jpg (247KB, 960x409px) Image search: [Google]
DFC-24001.jpg
247KB, 960x409px
>>52017753
>>52016568
>>52015524
>baselines and jellies thinking they're hot shit
>laughing nanites
>>
File: Shaltari_Battleship_Diamond1.jpg (139KB, 795x530px) Image search: [Google]
Shaltari_Battleship_Diamond1.jpg
139KB, 795x530px
>>52018334
>not having a 99.5% chance to inflict a crippling roll per turn
Remove younglings
>>
File: Senator_Armstrong.jpg (30KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Senator_Armstrong.jpg
30KB, 500x281px
>>52018334
Nice guns.
There'd better be a Nanomachines command card in DFC, without a DZC community around it's my only chance to drop delicious meme slogans.
>>
>>52017998
>(just updated) Daemon
This is news to me, is it in the errata?
>>
>>52018631
No, no, I'm memeing about giving them triple occulus phalanxes. Their central section seems to be just too big to be a simple array, in my mind.
>>
>>52017998
Scourge have secondary guns in the middle with primary guns on the side, that's how they work. They're like a reverse UCM in that way.

I've never seen a Beijing underperform, their weapons free is fucking brutal and the CAW is Scourge-tier fantastic. It's not that hard to line up the laser, especially since people don't fear it like they do the DMC. Maybe not quite Heracles tier, but it's hard to compete with a crippling gun. Different role too, Heracles is a sniper while Beijing is a brawler.
>>
>>52019080
I wouldn't call the Array a "secondary" gun, anon. 3+/2/2 is definitely a primary weapon. It's the equivalent of a 2x bank of 6400's, pretty much.

Basically, the Daemon has a primary gun, two heavy guns, and a beam, while the Beijing has a heavy gun, two secondary/medium guns, and a beam.
>>
>>52019266
Secondary is relative. The broadsides of a Heracles are secondary weapons, while a Jade's garbage gun is still its primary. The point is that Scourge tend to have their bigger guns on the side while smaller ones go in the middle.
>>
>>52017240
A wiki walk and youtube vid later, and I can say that there's nothing about this statement I don't like.
>>
>>52018897
In the fluff, Scourge ships have very thick outer armour all around and squishy insides. The prow probably needs to be nothing but armour to survive combat, Phalanges may require too much weakening. (I fucking love the fluff in this game.)
>>
>>52017240
Now the real question is keep the scourge scheme or try and paint it more biological?
>>
>>52022077
Want to make a cuttlefish theme'd Scourge and coralline Shaltari.

It's a shame this is my first miniature game and first time painting; so I have no idea how to go about it and even if I did, it'll be shit anyway.
>>
>>52022510
>googles coralline out of interest
jesus fuck anon, that's a complex scheme. Have you thought about starting simply with a base color that's similar and adding to that once you've got a bit more practice?
>>
>>52023245
Yeah, probably drybrushing would work, these ships just get me dreaming up so many schemes and I can't decide. I've thought of Protoss, Metallic version of the studio scheme (Bronze>Gold), Bone and pic related 'Magma' scheme.
>>
>>52023295
you could always have a fleet that represents multiple tribes as their contribution to a warpath fleet. Build battlegroups that'll stick together and keep that battlegroup's paint scheme consistent while still getting to explore a ton of schemes.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2015-06-27-15h56m16s239.png (335KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2015-06-27-15h56m16s239.png
335KB, 640x480px
>>52010408
Have no idea what Dropzone is, but got excited about "EXOSQUAD edition" so I went through the thread looking for EXOSQUAD bits....but there are none. :[
>>
File: Cybrog.jpg (111KB, 1143x1600px) Image search: [Google]
Cybrog.jpg
111KB, 1143x1600px
>>52024393
Sorry anon, have a cyber mclargehuge as compensation
>>
>>52024393
Sorry to mislead you, anon. I just had EXOSQUAD on my mind when I was making the thread, because it's a god tier cartoon.
>>
File: 1395529192059.jpg (170KB, 1206x898px) Image search: [Google]
1395529192059.jpg
170KB, 1206x898px
>>52024393
>all this 90s animation talk
>now I can't unsee colony drop in the OP
>>
>>52018334
>>52018409

The contest was for best looking, not best on table, and I'm sorry but neither of you are going to win any beauty contests.
>>
I wonder, is there any point in trying to ebay assembled ships?
>>
>Strix has 2 PD each
I get that they're faster yhan Wyverns, but how do these things not get fuckef up by bombers the moment they get anywhere near a carrier?
>>
>>52026425
Bombers only show up at the end of the turn, and by that time the Strixes' work should be done. In fact, they may already be dead.

And failing that there's always fighters. They have a 48" range.
>>
>>52026425
>>52026554
Fighters are more or less a hard counter to bombers and shouldn't be underestimated. Each fighter adds +3/+4 PD to the defensive target, which means that on average each fighter removes 1 additional non-crit attack. It may not sound like much, but when you add this to a ship's PD and factor in armor, matching every 3 bombers with 4 fighters will very likely completely negate a bombing run.
>>
>>52011400
Making all the UCM now, holy fuck, I thought trimming the Shaltari spines was a ball-ache, tiny fucking guns and antennae are pure cancer.
>>
>>52028474
>thinking the UCM guns and spires are bad compared to the Shaltari
The Shaltari everything is pure evil, what are you talking about.
>>
>>52028474
>>52028590

The light mass driver sprue connection was poorly conceived, it is near impossible to get it off without damaging the middle of it.
>>
>>52028590
It was a while ago since shaltari, but atleast all their spikes are attached, desprueing was cancer there. Having to trim all the grav spikes spikes for 9 cruisers and 24x 2400s with a scalpel is pretty terrifying, the finish will be worth it, but I'm running out of material to watch to stave off boredom.
>>
>>52028812
I love how the studio model is clearly a totally different design.
>>
>>52028828
And I still have washing to look forward too.
>>
>>52028896
Do you not wash plastic on the sprue? Gets that shit done in a quarter of the time.
>>
>>52028979
I was going to say what about filings and dust... then I remembered with plastic glue it wouldn't give a shit. I'm retarded. Well, shit, at least it will be thorough. First real miniatures game, not counting dabbling in infinity.
>>
>>52019080
This, the Beijing does fine.

It can't spit out as much rape as the Heracles, but, I mean, what do you expect? It's much cheaper.
>>
>>52028979

This is what it must have felt like when a Cataphract first encountered stirrup-using opposition.
>>
Ok...

It there anything /wrong/ with just saying the void-gates on the table are clusters of three on a single point, keeping track of thier signatures and damage tracks, and just moving them around like that?
>>
>>52029419
Technically, "yes". There's an ongoing discussion on the forums about it, and the conclusion, RAW, is basically this.

>any one model CAN represent any number of other models of the same time
>RAW, however, the models of ALL ships must be on the table, as close as they can be to their actual position

Basically, you need to have all three voidgates on the table, but you can say that one particular voidgate is the location of all three.
>>
File: P3050792.jpg (6MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P3050792.jpg
6MB, 4608x3456px
Behold! Shitty Merchant Cruisers Made Of Bits now have a paintjob!
>>
>>52030903
You think about making another version of the front ship with a single 4200 bank to represent armed merchant ships wandering into dangerous territory to deliver supplies?

also damn that paint job is snazzy. what color did you use for the orange?
>>
File: P3050793.jpg (6MB, 4608x3456px) Image search: [Google]
P3050793.jpg
6MB, 4608x3456px
>>52030921
Troll Slayer Orange from Citadel paints. These ships will basically be used as Space Stations that can move, pending a homebrew ruleset.
>>
Is it just me or are torpedoes kind of useless?

As far as I can tell every torpedo system has the limit rule, a couple of counters (debris fields, getting shaken, getting scraped off in atmo), and still follow the basic armor rules. Being immune to PD is very nice, as is the not normally being able to miss, but it feels like the weapons were designed around being a guaranteed 6/4+ damage and then were explicitly made to not be.

Am I off base in thinking this way? Will torpedoes become more useful once we see dreadnoughts? Could anything make the scourge torpedoes not complete shit?
>>
>>52031431
Right now torps need a boost. There are far too many points of failure and it renders the platforms that fire them weak.

The scourge torp would get a boost for hitting something bigger like a battleship.
>>
>>52031431

Vastly improved range (24-48 at least) and the ability to crit just by rolling 1 or more above the needed to-hit score (sort of like the opposite of the Reinforced Armour rule) would be a good start.

2 more points of damage across the board would work also.
>>
>>52031431
>>52032725
I don't think it's a good idea to give them straight up a light version of particle, but increased range and something to get past armor is definitely a good idea. Why not this?

>Penetrating
Successful armor saves made against damage inflicted by this weapon must be rerolled.
>>
>>52032760

Sounds like a complication, anon.

Just give them crippling, no other changes.
>>
>>52032992
I mean, that's an option too.

Honestly, I feel like it'd be cool for the New York to get three torpedoes, but still be only able to fire one per turn. It'd do a lot to make it worth it as a combat ship, if torps were improved.
>>
>>52030903
where do you get spare bases?
>>
Leave the limited ammo for torps.
Make them range 24 instead of Range 18
Hit on 3+, always crit.. but misses simply come around for another pass the next turn (like they do now).

That'd make them much more usable.
>>
>>52033325
New York doesn't need a buff to the torpedo system. It needs to have the strong CAW that the Tokyo and Beijing has, which is far more powerful.
Possibly an extra squadron couldn't hurt either.
>>
>>52035929
Honestly, I wouldn't bother on the CAW, but I do agree on upping its launch by +1.

That idea that was tossed back a thread or two ago, about linking the flank 4200 batteries together on every UCM ship, is also a good one. It'd give the New York some decent direct combat utility.

I'm also still of the opinion that, even for their cheapness, the Beijing and Daemon can't really compete for the Heracles in terms of "is it a good idea to take this or not'
>>
Ok, DFG, I've miscounted my frigates and need advice on what to build.

I thought I had enough frigates to build 6 Djinn, 4 Harpies 4 Charybdis, 4 Gargoyles, and 4 Scylla with 2 left over. But it would seem I only have 20 frigates instead of the 24 I thought I had.

I've already built 2 Scylla, 4 Djinn, and 4 Gargoyles. Is it worth scaling back on Charybdis and Scylla to build Harpies, or should I just fuck Harpies? Should I scale back on Djinn instead?
>>
>>52036263
Alright, with your remaining 10, I'd build:

2 Gargoyles
2 Djinn
4 Charybdis
2 Harpy

3-4 Charybdis is about the minimum you need for them to be useful, so if you drop them, I'd instead build.

4 Gargoyles
2 Djinn
4 Harpy

You're going to need at least 6 Gargoyles, at the minimum, but 8 is preferred for versatility.
>>
>>52036054
That's because the crippling ability is madness. Heracles and even Diamond would be a lot less effective without it.

>>52036263
You might as well just have 4 Djinns. 4 is the optimal number for a CAW frigate group imo. You can upgrade to 8 later if you want, but 6 is an uncomfortable place for them.

I wouldn't skimp on Scylla or Chars, either make 4 or don't make any. They only become effective in larger groups.

6 Gargs would probably be a better idea. It gives you some more options if you want to concentrate on objectives or go without a troopship.

Harpies are something you can afford to build fewer of, they're still decent in groups of 2.
>>
>>52035454
Got a 4 Cruiser/12 Frigate deal on PHR, got enough bases for the 12 Frigates. Since each base sprue has 4 Frigate/4 Cruiser, I now have an assload of spare Cruiser class bases.
>>
Goddammit /tg/ why do my gargoyle fins keep breaking on the sprue?

Every time I reach for a new frigate sprue at least one of the Gargoyle fins is busted at the tip! I'm being so damn careful with these sprues and the Gargoyles are what I fucking need to make!
>>
>>52037440
I've had the exact same problem. A couple I was able to find and glue back into place at least but the rest are likely lost to the vacuum cleaner by now.

I've been consoling myself by thinking of it as battle damage.
>>
>>52037440
are these the starter set gargoyles or the frigate box gargoyles?
>>
>>52038613
Does it matter?
>>
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TcB-pqA_CP4#t=13m9s

I can get enough of Dave interviews, his enthusiasm is infectious.
>>
>>52040280
>just as I was about to go to sleep
dammit, anon
>>
File: Red Shell chase.jpg (200KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
Red Shell chase.jpg
200KB, 1600x900px
>>52040333
At least you probably aren't avoiding study for multiple exams in the morning :^)
>>
>>52040362
do ur homework anon

be a good egg
>>
>>52040280
>five seattles
m a d m a n
>>
>>52040280
>glass fix incoming
Dave is truly best boy, hedgehogs can suck a dick.
>>
An Atlantis counts as a Seattle, right?

--------------------------------------
.UCM 5eattle - 1248pts
UCM - 15 launch assets

SR10 Vanguard battlegroup (205pts)
1 x Atlantis - 205pts - H
+ UCM Vice-Admiral (80pts, 4AV)

SR10 Line battlegroup (264pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR10 Line battlegroup (264pts)
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M
1 x Seattle - 132pts - M

SR8 Line battlegroup (177pts)
1 x San Francisco - 111pts - M
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L

SR6 Pathfinder battlegroup (192pts)
2 x New Orleans - 64pts - L

SR3 Pathfinder battlegroup (66pts)
3 x Santiago - 66pts - L
------------- dflist.com -------------
>>
>>52040428

Sane man.

>even the worst fighter hard-counters bomber-spam

He seems to be the only Madrid-booster in the world, though. Which makes sense, he is pretty much her daddy- it's almost a law.
>>
>>52043348
So would hydra spam be effective?

Running 700 pts of hydra sounds hilarious.
>>
>>52045469
>700 points of Hydra
Anon, even at a battle sized game, 4Hydra costs 560.
>>
>>52045540

Also, how many Hydra's can you even run at that points level? 3 tops? Which isn't taking troop assets into account either.
>>
Now that I think about it, why aren't I seeing more Seattle-spam? It's like a more accessible Bellerophon.
>>
>>52045750
Four; 5 launch per means four will bring you to 20 launch cap. Dropships and bulk landers do not count towards launch cap.
>>
>>52046220

Different anon- the thing about it is that I'm not certain the forward occullus (damaging as it is) compares to Bell's cap-6 burnthrough or Seattle's UCM heavy turret.
>>
>>52045944
>tfw we will never get a Seattle with a beam instead of guns, because then it'd just be a lighter Bell
>>
>>52046832

The 6400 is baller, anon.
>>
>>52046930
It is, but it's not a cobra. Not to mention the fact that it can't cripple anything bigger than a light cruiser per firing (if that), while the beams have a non-insignificant chance to hit their max damage.
>>
I just realized; now that the Hawk website is updated, we can take the "where to get DFC" section out of the OP.
>>
>>52046957

I think the difference in degree (fuckton of Seattles) results in a difference in kind (a whole lot of shit getting done on a standard order).
>>
>>52046396

Well, that's Apples and Oranges really, The Hydra's Occulus is a secondary weapon, like a UCM cruiser's side turrets, or a PHR (normal) cruisers forward turret.
The Hydra's primary weapon is it's Bombers/Fighters. Whereas in the Seattle's case it's primary gun is it's Heavy Railgun Turrets with the Fighters being a secondary utility weapon.
The Bell meanwhile is a heavy cruiser, so his mom lets him take two primary weapons into the battlezone.
>>
>>52047348

Yeah, but 4 Hydra's equals 20 range 30" bombers with scald. Those will fuck anything up if they all get in range.
The weakness is, that they can't do this damage until the end of the turn unlike 5 Seattle list which can do a Rio's worth of damage each in their turn, and then throw out 15 bombers on something afterwards, which whilst decidely inferior to everyone else, is still enough to dent most ships pretty seriously.
>>
>>52047455
We're talking about clash sized stuff, though, which means a max of 3 Hydra.
>>
>>52046957
They also have a non-insignificant chance to whiff entirely and do no damage. It's reliability and arcs vs damage potential and flash. Personally I like the Seattle's brawling capabilities, since bombers work best up close.
>>
>>52047455
not at 30" inches they wont, they will not pop until after that ships next activation meaning it can still get some damn shots off, and you had better believe if you cram 20 bombers on one ship i am going to god damn come to a new heading through a debris field well see how many bombers make it through that.
>>
>>52050238

Ayup. The Adama Maneuver or bust, anon.
>>
>>52051303
Speaking of debris fields, what shape ought they be? I don't like the irregular curvy ones that Hawk and Model Exchange do, but am thinking of getting cut acrylic ones.

6" by 3" is a given, but as an ellipse? truncated rectangle?
>>
>>52051633
they can be whatever shape you want (it literally says this in the book bro) but frankly regularly shaped debris fields would trigger my autism.
>>
>>52051633
actually now that I think about it, it makes sense for them to be somewhat jagged and oddly shaped, as they will be traveling around in orbit in whatever shape they go destroyed in, which will likely not be geometrical
>>
>>52051768
>>52052154
Fair enough, but the irregular stuff triggers my autism too (especially the irregular clusters). I don't want them to be straight up rectangles, but definitely regular in some way.
>>
>>52052225
heres my suggestion, try regularly sized hexagons, then you can combine them into large irregular blobs, while still being regular
>>
>>52052292
That could work very, very well, actually. Maybe a side-to-side size of 1" exactly? That'd come out to a fairly close size of 5" by 3" on a 5 hex wide, 3 hex tall arrangement.
>>
>>52052292
Trapezoids. Half-hexagons. That way they look kinda irregular even if you only have one.
>>
>>52053076
well now we should just go with triangles
>>
>>52053076
>>52053121
Too fidly to cover such an area, and triangles are too sharp. Hexagons provide the perfect amount of variability and size.
>>
>>52053121
With only two you can do a number of things.
^
Lambda
Hexegon
Disjoint hexagon (tetris N block)
Butterfly
Angled T
The list goes on. There's only really two or three ways to align two triangles.
>>
Fixes to ships you'd like to see!

Mine:
Change the Atlantis main battery to a single rack of 6400s, with bloom.
Link the wing racks on all UCM cruiser 4200s.

PHR heavy cannons do 2 damage on a roll of 6.

UCM Torpedos go 18 inches but cripple
PHR Torpedos go 24 inches.
Scourge torpedos go 30 inches and razorworm.

Those damn Shaltari Frigate lances become 2+.
>>
Holy shit, Prowlers are even tinier than I thought. All the better for making ground asset tokens?
>>
>>52056056
>Mine:
>Change the Atlantis main battery to a single rack of 6400s, with bloom.
Agreed, but with one change; make the full battery firing an alt mode to both half-battery profiles
>Link the wing racks on all UCM cruiser 4200s.
Agreed, and do the same for the BC's and BB's.
>PHR heavy cannons do 2 damage on a roll of 6.
Not the fix I'd use, but good regardless.
I'd go for the "reroll missed attacks" suggestion from a few threads ago.
>UCM Torpedos go 18 inches but cripple
I like it
>PHR Torpedos go 24 inches.
I like it
>Scourge torpedos go 30 inches and razorworm.
I love it
>Those damn Shaltari Frigate lances become 2+.
ALL* Shaltari lances become 2+, with accompanying cost increase.
>>
>>52056056
>Change the Atlantis main battery to a single rack of 6400s, with bloom.
I might be alone in this, but I don't think it actually needs to be changed. The Atlantis is great already. I get that the KS version has all its mass drivers lined up, but it's also a prototype ship slapped together out of cruiser parts. We don't know what the Johan will look like, it could have a totally different gun layout that makes a combined battery completely unnecessary. It would also need to be made more expensive, 8 3+ shots with great arcs on standard orders on a ship with strike craft is bonkers.
>>
Is it just me, or in comparison to the other races are the shaltari battlecruisers just a bit shit?
>>
>>52058069

You're half right.
>>
>>52058069
They just aren't that special. PHR are really different to heavy cruisers thanks to their broadside focus, UCM get what are basically premium heavy cruisers, and Scourge get some real bullshit. Ruby is just a middle ground between Onyx and Obsidian that can't match either ship in their speciality but is more versatile, and Sapphire is a plain old freaky fucker. Their superiority over heavy cruisers isn't as apparent as with UCM and Scourge, and they aren't meant for a totally different role like PHR's battlecruisers. Still pretty good ships though.
>>
>>52058069
Ruby is basically a better Obsidian (I'll take two disinitegrators over a third lance any day), and Sapphire is just weird.
>>
>>52058069
The Ruby is pretty good but boring. It's the Obsidian with the third lance replaced with an Amber.

The Sapphire is similar, being the Turquoise with a Light Cruiser strapped to it, but it at least has the potential for a lot of damage without needimg to weapons free.

Still, they don't really do anything crazy or different.
>>
>>52059118
I feel the same for the PHR BC's. The Leo is just two thesii taped together.
>>
>>52060448

The Scipio is a fun ship to run. That said if you aren't outright cheating (looking at you, Basilisk), I think everybody would have been well served by just cutting the naval architect behind the Avalon a check. Or hack his files with a Siren honey-trap. Whatever works.
>>
>>52060590

>Avalon

Meant Atlantis
>>
which would be better, battlecruisers looking nearly identical to their cousins or being massive design differences from their ks cousins?
>>
>>52056056

Nothing wrong with UCM guns in general.

PHR guns straight-jacketed by internal faction balance, fix shouldn't be convoluted.

Torpedo fix should be for all torpedoes.

Dunno about Jades.
>>
>>52062517

I'm not sure how you would go about changing what PHR BC's look like. Double broadside racks look like double broadside racks.
>>
>>52062563
>PHR guns straight-jacketed by internal faction balance, fix shouldn't be convoluted.
Not him, but "2 damage on a roll of 6" isn't that convoluted, honestly.

Personally, I'd give them straight up 2 damage, but increase their base lock to 4+. It'd make the heavy guns equivalent to the medium guns against non-heavy targets, but it has the same trade-off as the UCM 6400's have when compared to the Scourge Occulus Arrays.

Namely, the medium guns have a smoother, narrower distribution, peaking at the average, while the heavy guns are more likely to whiff and to do max damage.
>>
>>52062690
Wasn't there a homemade conversion that slapped big fins with guns onto it? I could see that being done. Or maybe just rearrange the gun order.
>>
>>52062690
V
E
R
T
I
C
A
L A Y O U T
>>
>>52056056
why do people want the rear guns linked on all the UCM ships, what does this do?

I mean looking at it on a per ship basis, youve got:

San Fran Neat I can fire 4+ shots in a forward arc without going weapons free, kinda useful
New Cairo, no benefit
Osaka, no benefit
Seattle, no benefit
Madrid, 4 shots in forward arc without WF
Berlin, really your going to fire 4 4+ shots and not he burn through? (dont tell me you suck at wargames and didnt line it up right)
Rio, no benefit
St Petersburg (see berlin)
Moscow, no benefit
Avalon, decent firepower would definitely up the utility of the ship
Atlantis, no benefit
Tokyo, same as avalon give ship more utility in front arc
New York, probably a solid change for this BB
Beijing, no benefit

There is no reason to do it to most of the ships, at best it could be done to the Battleships as a slight boost, which the New York could use.
>>
>>52064595
>San Fran Neat I can fire 4+ shots in a forward arc without going weapons free, kinda useful
Literally double the firepower it has on standard orders currently, of which it would never use in the first place because there's no reason for it to go weapons free. 4 4+ shots is a solid weapon profile (equivalent to a PHR medium battery), and the ability to split it between two targets at two shots each would help with frigate counter.
>New Cairo, no benefit
And no change needed, it's not a problem.
>Osaka, no benefit
>Seattle, no benefit
>Madrid, 4 shots in forward arc without WF
Same as the San Fran, it gives the ship marginal utility in combat
>Berlin, really your going to fire 4 4+ shots and not he burn through? (dont tell me you suck at wargames and didnt line it up right)
If there's no targets I can reach within 45 degrees (or 90 degrees if course change won't fuck me with the spike), then sure! In the best case scenario, it allows me to plink two ships on either side of the Berlin while it comes to bare.
>Rio, no benefit
Not as important as the Berlin, but I can see it having some marginal utility if you want to try your luck and pop two nearly dead frigates (like, at one hull each) and there's no target big enough to warrant the 6400s.
>St Petersburg (see berlin)
See Berlin
>Moscow, no benefit
See Moscow
>Avalon, decent firepower would definitely up the utility of the ship
See Berlin and St Pete, and it effectively gives it an entire PHR medium broadside.
>Atlantis, no benefit
See Rio and Moscow
>Tokyo, same as avalon give ship more utility in front arc
It's already got its beam in the front arc, so this'd be for the same reason as the Berlin and St Pete
>New York, probably a solid change for this BB
Exactly
>Beijing, no benefit
See Rio and Moscow, except now it's actually a valid option since 4 4+ shots are all but guaranteed to pop a nearly dead frigate.
>>
>>52064595
>>52065320
>There is no reason to do it to most of the ships, at best it could be done to the Battleships as a slight boost, which the New York could use.
It'd be done to all ships for the sake of consistency, as is shown across pretty much every ship in the game. You're right, for most ships, it wouldn't be that useful of an addition, which is why their points cost wouldn't increase. It's literally a flat bonus that can be applied to the entire fleet, and will only really effect the things that need it.
>>
>>52065336
>checking Hawk forums
>"... one of the cool command cards which let's you fire a burnthrough laser twice..."
>t. Hawk Liam

[DESPAIR BUT ALSO ERECTION]
>>
>>52065864
Whoops, didn't mean to quote.
>>
>>52065864
That card had better specify "Cobra Laser", or else there's going to be a lot of dead capships at my table.
>>
>>52066005
Nope

>I placed 6th with the below list. I could have really done with another 1 or 2 new orleans but I made it work. New Cairo's and Avalon were easily the best units. Along with one of the cool command cards where you can fire a burnthrough laser twice, suddenly the Avalon goes from a ship crippler to a ship destroyer
>t. Liam

http://hawkforum.co.uk/viewtopic.php?f=51&t=9507&start=20
>>
File: scared3.jpg (169KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
scared3.jpg
169KB, 1920x1080px
>>52065864
Where there was once hope, only fear remains.
>>
>>52062809
Just give them 2 damage on a crit.

So against medium ships, they'd only get two damage on a 5+, which seems fair, and against heavy ships they'd actually be indicating, being likely to do around 5 damage.
>>
>>52066005
>>52066420
Fuck specifying the cobra laser, I hope it specifies that it's for a single burnthrough weapon.

Can you imagine a lined up weapons free Pete being able to double tap both lasers.
>>
>>52066592
>So against medium ships, they'd only get two damage on a 5+, which seems fair,
It's not fair; it'd made heavy batteries strictly better than mediums in all circumstances.

http://anydice.com/program/af38
>>
>>52066592
That would be excessive. They're not meant to out-damage mediums against medium ships, the problem right now is that they're not working properly against heavy ships.
>>
>>52066849
Pretty much this; they're exactly where they need to be against non-preferred targets, it's just they need a boost against preferred targets.

Honestly, the "2 damage on crits against preferred targets" change isn't too bad. It certainly makes the Achilles and BB's absolute TERRORS at hunting heavies and supers, and it'd actually make Percy some decent support to that end.

http://anydice.com/program/af39
>>
>>52066975
And now with the proper armor values*
http://anydice.com/program/af3a
>>
>>52066849

Yeah, "straight-jacketed by internal faction balance".
>>
>>52066975
Not sure about the whole 'crippling battlecruisers with average damage' thing for BBs. That's generally reserved for real big guns like the DMC (which cheats anyway) and Viper.

BBs fuck up a lot of fixes, really. I suppose one possibility would be to apply a fix only to cruiser heavy guns and justify it as the different design (sticking out on a turret instead of integrated into the hull) giving them extra precision or something.
>>
>>52067412
For that to be a problem, the internal faction balance would have to be inherently bad due to its design. It's entirely possible to make heavy guns viable in the current schema, therefor the current schema need not necessarily be changed.

>>52067499
Agreed, and that is a good way to look at it. It does ruffle my autism a bit, but I figured the recessed heavy guns and the gimballed heavy guns are different enough for it to work.
>>
What is the cutest flanking team and why is it Osakas+Toulons?
>>
>>52069869
Four Taipei + one Jakarta.
>>
>>52069869
1 wyvern + 4 djinns
>daddy taking the family out to learn how to hunt+kill
>>
Good corsairs when?
>>
>>52071880
Probably never. DZC 2.0 at the earliest.

There was an entry in the unit design competition that tried to fix it. Hex warriors or something. It was an infantry unit that could mark a target in order to make Corsairs be able to reroll attacks against it. Nice in concept and I'm sure some other factions would love such a unit, but the Corsair is just such complete and utter dogshit that decreasing the whiff chance from 50% down to 25% would only dull the pain.
>>
>>52072033
its not that hard to fix jesus christ, just give it a dual fire mode
E7 sh2 3+ acc R(c) 12" R(f) 12" F(n) AA *WOE Alt-1
E11 sh1 4+ acc R(c) 18" R(f) 18" F(n) Demo-2 Alt-1

Drop the point cost by maybe 5 more points as well. Bam its now a solid fast mover for taking out air targets, there is precidence for variable fire plasma weapons, see oppressor, dont need to remodel it its not an auto include but at least youd want to take it maybe now.
>>
>>52072486
Of course that fixes it. You just put an Archangel's gun on it. The description of the Corsair emphasises the single-shot nature of its weapon and single-shot AA is not inherently terrible, so I think that aspect should be kept. The only problem is that the aforementioned single shot hits on a 4+ at best.

The whole thing could be fixed even without an alternate fire mode, really. Just make it 3+ accuracy. No fuss required. You could maybe even bump it up to its old price. Suddenly it can engage armour fairly effectively, is nearly as good as an Archangel against aircraft, is even better than an Archangel against other fast movers, and is generally equivalent to its UCM counterpart (but focused more on hitting heavy targets than light ones)

That probably isn't going to happen though. That would just be too easy.
>>
>>
>>52074077
When is the tentacle version seen in that one bit of art coming out? I want to start writing terrible smut about reliable Rapier-chan missing with her reaction fire and being caught alone.
>>
>>52074678
Never, for precisely that reason.
>>
Seems pungari are a must take in any kind of intel situation.

Is pungari-chan /bestgirl/?
>>
>>52010408
>Note: There's currently a non-official fan DFC and DZC unit design contest going on at Hawk's forums. Check it out if you have an account.
Is this actually still going on? The linked threads' OPs say that voting ends on February 17.
>>
>>52075889
Oh well, I guess I'll have to make do with Wolverine-chan vs razorworms and Beijing-sama vs Scourge torpedo. Or perhaps a tale of Madrid-chan dominating the pathetic ground forces before a combat ship arrives to turn things around.

I should be stopped, but I also can't be stopped.
>>
>>52082030
>Madrid-chan
>not Tokyo-chan utterly POUNDING the opposition and bullying any less-generously-proportioned vessels in sight but coming up short against actual combat BBs
>>
>>52082291
Tokyo-sama doesn't have the same dynamic of being a dom for ground troops but a sub for other spaceships. She's just generally dominant.
>>
>>52082030
Personally I'd prefer a quartet of Djinn-chans getting way too touchy-feely with Osaka-san
>>
>>52078475
pungari are not chan, tan or even san worthy. they are the unnamed, the unwashed, the masses. they display fanatical devotion because they know no other world and are useless except for being warm bodies. just like that filthy little slut voidgate. you know how many hedgehogs she transports?
>>
Are the only truly bad ships in DFC the Perseus, the Jade, and the Granite?
>>
>>52086519
The Granite isn't even that bad. It's mediocre, but not Perseus/Jade tier
>>
>>52087093
>100 points to have a 66% chance to do 2 damage on standard orders in a F(N) arc
It's pretty bad, anon.
>>
>>52087175
I was about to refute your point but then I remembered that an Emerald is the same price as a Granite and has an arguably better gun. So I'll concede.

I don't think it's a coincidence that a majority of the over/underpowered ships are Shaltari. I don't know why Hawk insists on torturing themselves by making a faction of a dozen bizarre gimmicks taped together, and then trying to balance the thing.
>>
>>52087175

It's the Standard Order thing. If you could *shoot* and *aim* at the same time, ship evaluation for Shaltari and PHR would be turned on its head.
>>
>>52090809

Of course, that cuts into the thing UCM has going for it.

Maybe as individual player skills increase, we'll get the battlegroup-activation maestros that will get full value out multiple-weapon maneuver-reliant ships.
>>
>>52086519

Perseus and Jade, I think. Both weapons systems.

Perseus, well it's a half PHR Heavy broadsides, 'nuff said.

I'm not actually certain why the Jade gun doesn't do 2 damage, I think it's costed for it.
>>
>>52087443
>I don't know why Hawk insists on torturing themselves by making a faction of a dozen bizarre gimmicks taped together, and then trying to balance the thing.
Because Hawk cares about the setting and balance. The Shaltari are bizarre aliens that are more advanced than mankind. Hawk makes the game reflect this by using weird weapons and bizarre gimmicks.

I for one appreciate the effort.
>>
Am I the only one who hates how the gargoyle looks?

I love every other scourge frigate but the gargoyle just doesn't look like it should be landing troops, it looks like a damn oversized interceptor.
>>
>>52092186
>I'm not actually certain why the Jade gun doesn't do 2 damage, I think it's costed for it.
Because then it's literally a superior granite, and it technically has a different type of particle lance than the bigger ships.

I'm more in favor of the 2+ 1 attack 1 damage change (a wolf-pack of Jades is now near-guaranteed to cripple any one given frigate) along with a slight points decrease, rather than 3+ 1 attack 2 damage. Even with a 33% chance to whiff, the jade would be the outright most damaging frigate in the game, and would be able to insta-cripple any target frigate.

The Shaltari have enough insane alpha-firepower, and I don't think they need more.

>>52092268
I like how the Gargoyle looks, but I personally despise the Scylla. Its guns are nowhere near detailed enough, and just look like tentacles slapped on.
>>
>PHR ship interiors are described as "cathedral like"

Do you think they go full Imperium with their obligatory ambient chanting, or more link related?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-BKtYcE-14o
>>
>>52092622

I think they mean more cavernous and vaulted. They've got a lot of space available in these things; it's why they just pack in cells of mass drivers, tell the skeleton-crew to aim the things with their ship vector, and move on to the the next hull- The PHR can build hulls at a faster rate than they can man them and fit them out optimally.

It's sort of opposite-Shaltari, who technically speaking don't really have ships at all, just scalfolding between components with a serious pungari infestation.
>>
>>52092927

>UCM xenologists going through the EAA backlog finally get around to some Shaltari Ancient interviews
>Asked about the greatest change it had seen in its civilization in its lifetimes
>"Well, somebody taught the rats how to use firearms and perform basic systems maintenance, that was interesting"
>>
File: Kudaark.jpg (65KB, 769x606px) Image search: [Google]
Kudaark.jpg
65KB, 769x606px
Hello /dcg/. I came to you a while ago, mentioning an urge to stat out Homeworld shit for DFC, and I have a tentative first ship.

This is all open to suggestion - hell, I hope you guys will! A couple things right off the bat:
-The collected HW races will be in one fleet, when used in standard DFC games, and separate when played against each other
-Need help determining a good set of "core stats" for the various tonnage categories
-Plasma bombs, yay or nay? It seems silly to leave them out, and I wanted them to have some oomph, but not overshadow the core mass driver armament. However, yanking Scald was the only thing that came to mind immediately, and other ideas were welcome.
-Points costs, as I'm retarded when it comes to what is and isn't a good value
-Other suggestions to fill tonnage slots are appreciated, as the core roster for ships is a bit lean when it comes to M, H and SH.
-Other ways to make the fleet feel distinct

My thoughts, initially, were that the HW ships would have good scan values, good mobility, but significantly weaker armor for all ship classes but SH (to represent their smaller scale in comparison to existing DFC vessels.)

Also, feel free to tell me to fuck off, as I know some folks dont like the ideas of crossovers.
>>
>>52093379
I personally feel like it's too strong for a frigate, honestly.

Already the Mass Driver Bank makes it the best gun frigate in the game (out damages Harpy and Topaz, as well as out-arcing the both of them.
The Plasma bomb is a solid weapon all on its down, being equivalent in essence to the Topaz, but there's literally no reason to use it over the mass drivers.

I think you need to try and find a balance between faithfully representing the ships, while at the same time fitting them into the current DFC ship design philosophy.
>>
>>52093578

4+ guns, and make the Plasma Bomb a CA is my rec.
>>
>>52093090
>there had to be some crazy shaltari motherfuckers who convinced everyone that the fucking pungari could be systems engineers and decent backline soldiers.
>the sheer adversity he had to face teaching a pungari how fucking shield generators work and the usual maintenance requirements for them
I think I can make a lifetime option for this, gonna get to work on that and see if Dave can sell it.
>>
>>52093090
>>"Well, somebody taught the rats how to use firearms and perform basic systems maintenance, that was interesting"
Holy kek
>>
>>52092563
I should probably clarify: I don't dislike the way the gargoyle looks, I can't stand that it looks the way it does and is supposed to be a troop transport. If it were a gunboat I'd love it too.
>>
>>52093379
Basic gun frigates are meant to average 1 damage against 4+ armour. Apart from Europa, which can potentially do double that if it fires both broadsides. You don't necessarily need to stick to that, but keep it in mind during design.
Just make the plasma bombs CA.

>>52093578
It doesn't out-arc Harpies, they have F/S arcs like Toulons.
>>
>>52093379

3+ guns, CA Bombs, 4+ armor, and you're there anon.
>>
We need shaltari and scourge shipgirls.

We need smut of shaltari and scourge shipgirls trying to out les each other.
>>
>>52100610
yes; no, shipgirls are for pure
>>
>>52100753
Man, go to danbooru or gelbooru and search for kancolle to be shown otherwise real quick like.
>>
>>52100943
The actual tag is "kantai_collection", anon.
>>
File: Rules Soooon.jpg (77KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
Rules Soooon.jpg
77KB, 800x600px
>>52093578
>>52096816
>>52098381
Great, thank you for all the input. Once I get to work (where I tend to create everything rule related), I'll give it a fix and resubmit it for committee approval.

In regards to the plasma bomb, I like the idea of making it a close action weapon, but canonically it's only a forward firing weapon. It could be fun to have a faction with powerful CA, but only in one arc. I'll have to throw some dice around to see if it's worth it.

I'm already looking at the Missile Destroyer as a dedicated CA ship, as well. Their missiles are considerably smaller than torpedoes, and using them as a standard weapon seems a bit off.
>>
Anyone here going to the DFC tourney at Adepticon?

Besides the UK Games Expo, any other big tourneys coming up?
>>
>>52101717
I'd love too, but I have yet to finish painting anything. Just cant decide on a scheme.
>>
>>52103118
Speaking of schemes, what does /dcg/ think of these tentative ideas?

>UCM
Roman Maroon primary hull, grey secondary hull, standard black metal superstructure
OR
Standard intermediate primary hull, Roman maroon secondary hull, standard black metal superstructure
OR
Fleet 2-Tone (DZC core): Burnt orange(?) and grey primary, standard black metal superstructure

>Shaltari
Maya (DZC core): Sepia bone primary, green core, standard details.

>Scourge
Dark Pearl (DZC core): Blue, silver, and purple random fade, red eyes rather than yellow.

>PHR
White gloss (DZC core): White gloss hull, dark metal superstructure
OR
Dark teal (think SC1 protoss color) hull, dark metal superstructure
>>
>>52103464
I'm a big supporter of fleet two tone on ucm. I like the idea of dark pearl scourge but changing the eyes could mess with the color composition. Maybe darker purple to support it?
>>
>>52103904
Yeah, I'm still trying to decide if, for fleet 2-tone, it should be grey/orange or studio-blue/orange. Leaning towards the former.

I honestly think red eyes will work just fine with dark pearl, but I'll have to see.

Do you guys think white gloss PHR will look good in DFC?

Finally, as a fluff question, what do we know about the various Shaltari tribes?
We know the Apache used to be friendly with humanity, giving them the cradle worlds.
We know the Mongols fucking hate humans.

What about the rest? Cherokee, Aztecs, Amazons, Icini, Masai, Zulus, Lombards, Inuit, Comanchee, Avars, Maya, and Tlaxcallan?
I know there's two coalitions forming, but I can't find which pages it was mentioned on.
>>
>>52100610
>We need shaltari and scourge shipgirls.
I actually thought about commisioning moth for another shipgirl, but it turns out memes are expensive and I'd rather buy more ships first.

>We need smut of shaltari and scourge shipgirls trying to out les each other.
Yurifags get out
>>
Am I the only one who feels like the Shaltari don't really add anything to the setting? They're these super advanced ancient aliens that have been around for thousands of years, but between the other three factions they really don't have a dog in the fight other than the fact that they love war.
>>
>>52106376
Nah, some of them are obviously after something. Just look at the Mongols; they're going against thousands of years of tribal division to take back Aaru
>>
>>52106376
A coalition of tribes has started a full scale invasion of Aaru, and let's not forget who started the entire war. We don't know what their deal is, but they definitely do have a deal. They're just doing the same thing the Sphere is; manipulating events for the sake of some unknown long-term goal. And much like the PHR a lot of them don't give a fuck about those long-term goals and just want to furiously masturbate while committing mass murder with a cool mech.
>>
>>52106638
I wonder how long it takes for a Shaltari to become a Warstrider pilot.
>>
>>52106376

What I love the Shaltari for is that a Shaltari list is a fluffy opponent for anything across the table from it.

Even pre-reconquest UCM!
>>
>>52106983

You know, the fluff blurb for the UCM Atlantis BC suggests that UCM vs. UCM fights aren't unheard of.

>Well, technically they're unheard of
>But a "Prison Insurrection" sells itself as a gulag-stomping but it turns out that beating it involved BCs doing what BCs are supposed to do best.
>Makes sense when you realize it's a gulag-*planet* though, I guess.
>>
File: AF1.jpg (131KB, 737x646px) Image search: [Google]
AF1.jpg
131KB, 737x646px
>>52101032
All right, here's the next version. Still very much a WiP, but getting there. Always looking for input, too - the more the merrier.
>>
>>52107705
That looks pretty good. Solid compared to a Toulon. The plasma bomb is nasty, but can be shot down.

Piss low PD makes sense for homeworld.
>>
>>52109259
Does it feel distinct enough to represent a different faction, while still looking viable? That's what I'm going for here.

I'm also still figuring out if I want to do anything odd for Ion weapons. Going the burnthrough route is easy, but there are quite a few of them floating around (hell, the heavy cruisers mount four of the fuckers, two in two turrets), and it could get a bit silly. Thinking going the lots of dice but cant crit route.
>>
File: List of PHR Officers.jpg (535KB, 1280x1069px) Image search: [Google]
List of PHR Officers.jpg
535KB, 1280x1069px
Afternoon Bump.
>>
>>52111691
>Big McLargeHuge
everytime.
>>
>>52111691
>Bob Johnson-ohwait

But on a more serious note, I'm looking at picking up my first Dropfleet Commander starter, UCM. Do the starter kits only come with pre-determined units, or can you work with all of the ship options?
>>
>>52114040
They allow any ship options.
>>
>>52114040
You get basic cruiser and frigate sprues which let you build all the options from them. The only ships that can't be built straight from the sprue are battlecruisers and a couple heavy cruisers that need extra guns from other sprues.
>>
>>52114183
tbf, you can build one of any heavy cruiser with them.
You can even build two heavy cruisers, if they're different ones. St. Petersburg and a Moscow, for example.
>>
Moonshot's a surprisingly fun mission. That moon and approach really throws off your ability to focus down fire on a single target.

Actually managed to infiltrate my Minos to point blank range, and popped enemy cruisers like zits once unmasking at point blank to three UCM light cruisers, nailing them all in one pass from the heavy cannons on one, neutron missiles on another, and torps finishing.
>>
>>52117150

Stop bullying the UCM; try Shaltari.
>>
File: RIP.png (303KB, 600x592px) Image search: [Google]
RIP.png
303KB, 600x592px
>boxed up my voidgates to go prime in a friend's garage this weekend
>can't find the box anywhere
Goodbye, my hopes and dreams.
>>
File: YOU-SEE-EHM.png (832KB, 1151x504px) Image search: [Google]
YOU-SEE-EHM.png
832KB, 1151x504px
>>52114183
>>
>>52120094
I have no idea why that quoted that post
>>
>no one posted the new avenger episode
Hawk is trying to use normie memes
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aLGp3c55frs
>>
>>52120137
Has the ship already been finished and they're just taking time to edit videos, or is Dave working on this thing right now and they're releasing videos as they get them edited?
>>
File: Avenger Salute 1.jpg (233KB, 1500x562px) Image search: [Google]
Avenger Salute 1.jpg
233KB, 1500x562px
>>52121892
It's finished.
>>
File: 045.jpg (24KB, 216x282px) Image search: [Google]
045.jpg
24KB, 216x282px
>>52121951
>>
Hey, guys, I'm a jellyhead who decided to pull the trigger on a shaltari starter fleet, what's a good way to build my shit?
>>
>>52118553

Holy shit, dude.

>Lie to me anons, tell me that Hawk is going to be selling sprues of Voidgates
>or a voidgate-3 frigate model
>something financially SANE
>>
>>52122688
>>52118553
It sucks that you lost your voidgates, it really does, but other than getting more cruiser sprues to expand your fleet there's no real way to get more voidgates. Someone might be selling voidgates on Ebay, or maybe that box will turn up.

Hell, you could try sending the sob story to Hawk's Customer Service department and explain that you'd buy voidgate sprues if they made them.
>>
>>52122682

Pair of Amethysts, pair of Opals, Emerald, Basalt... and either a Turquoise or a Jet.

>then hug your voidgates before you tuck them in
>>
>>52122682
>frigates
Opals and Amethysts, in that order. Never mind that other garbage.

>cruisers
An Emerald is mandatory for obvious reasons, but beyond that you have some freedom. I'd recommend a heavy cruiser, all 3 are good. And also probably a Basalt. Ambers and Turquoises are pretty good too, though Amber might be a bit redundant if you decide to make an Onyx.
>>
>>52122811
>>52122917

Of course there's Noises that Amethysts are about to get it in the neck, and Opals are Rare- you won't need more than two for a while.
>>
/dcg/ I'm hesitant to write on my command cards. I know they give you lots and lots of them and you'll only use a few per battle, and they're plenty reusable. I just dislike having a potential consumable in my wargame. I can't really sleeve and then dry erase on the sleeve because I don't want to accidentally wipe off the marker when forming a stack.

I'm considering laminating and then sleeving so I can dry erase on the card itself and then sleeve to protect the dry erase.

What are you doing with your command cards /dcg/?
>>
>>52123198
doesn't sound like a bad setup, but why don't you just use sleeves (or laminate) and then use wet erase markers?
>>
File: 1488146651005.jpg (16KB, 169x184px) Image search: [Google]
1488146651005.jpg
16KB, 169x184px
>>
File: Remove Spiky.gif (872KB, 160x240px) Image search: [Google]
Remove Spiky.gif
872KB, 160x240px
>>52125866
I want hedgehogs to leave
Go be arrogant and ancient somewhere else
>>
File: 1488145664632.jpg (59KB, 433x754px) Image search: [Google]
1488145664632.jpg
59KB, 433x754px
>>52126200
No.
>>
>>52126771
You can go with them you jelly shit.
>>
File: 1447546911286.jpg (1MB, 2362x2188px) Image search: [Google]
1447546911286.jpg
1MB, 2362x2188px
>>52127595
But then who would you fight?
>>
>>52128793
The ballsuckers, for one.
>>
File: 1331647789361.jpg (199KB, 578x800px) Image search: [Google]
1331647789361.jpg
199KB, 578x800px
>>52128793
>implying humans need an external enemy to fight

Anon, pls. Look at our history.
>>
File: nose goggles.png (58KB, 419x427px) Image search: [Google]
nose goggles.png
58KB, 419x427px
>>52130421
You know, the Maganites have always had a shifty look about them...
>>
>>52130462
FUCKING WOLFRUM CONVICTS GET OUT REEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: Spacebutts.jpg (184KB, 912x691px) Image search: [Google]
Spacebutts.jpg
184KB, 912x691px
And back to the top
>>
>>52133303
I was gonna make a witty comment about nice tailpipes but then I saw the filename.

That would have been embarrassing.
>>
>>52133303
Those are some kick-ass looking ships. So what is this game then? Can someone give me a tl;dr on the game itself and the setting information?
>>
>>52133414
Space dick hedgehogs gave humanity the super hella sweet ass pleasure planets but it was a trick and only the tennis ball AI knew that the brain slugs were going to attack.

It's been 160 years and now humanity has to take back the pleasure worlds and also Earth from the brain slugs, but the hedgehogs and cyborgs have other plans.
>>
>>52133507
Neat. So do each of these different factions have their own gimmicks and such?
>>
>>52133414
About 165 years ago humanity's core worlds were all simultaneously attacked by an alien race of body snatcher jellyfish. Because a large portion of mankind's space fleets had heeded the advice of a strange alien AI and fled the day before the attack, the jellyheads curbstomped humanity. Humanity has geared up to take back their home, but the ancestors of the defectors making themselves known and the revelation that a second race of aliens (with whom humanity was at peace with) may have orchestrated the original conflict is complicating the situation.

The game is about using spaceships to secure cities on the planets that humanity lost 165 years ago as all four factions vie for dominance and attempt to accomplish their (sometimes not so) secret agendas.
>>
>>52133695
Seems like a pretty decent premise for a space-based wargame. Do all of the factions play differently or is it mainly just an aesthetic difference?
>>
>>52133596
Each faction has their own weapons and more or less unique approaches to combat, both mechanically and in fluff.

The scourge (brain slugs) are all about getting up close and personal and focusing on their close action weapons (CAW) through the use of stealth, cloaks, speed, and an unparalleled ability to hide in atmosphere.

The shaltari (space dick hedgehogs) have gimmicks galore between their troop movement systems (teleports), particle weapons (no saves), impel weapons (turn enemy ships), and shields (allows saves when normally wouldn't be allowed).

The UCM (humans) have turrets on every fucking thing, and even their support ships can brawl when they need to.

The PHR (cyborg humans that followed the alien AI and left humanity) have the strongest armor and generally pack more firepower than any other race, but it's 99% broadsides so usually only half of it can be used in a turn.
>>
>>52133414
>humans get their shit together
>invent ftl, but it's shitty and requires a beacon at the destination to be accurate
>shaltari show up, show humans a bunch of really nice planets called the CRADLE WORLDS so they can set up beacons
>turns out they really just wanted humans to be cannon fodder in a war against some other shaltari though, so humans tell them to fuck off
>surprisingly enough they actually fuck off and humanity has a golden age, finding a bunch of other colony worlds by themselves
>the colonies aren't as nice as the CRADLE WORLDS though

>after a while a mysterious white ball lands on earth and is immune to all scanning attempts, acts generally mysterious
>it disappears after a couple of weeks and transmits a vague warning about some bad shit that's gonna happen
>humanity has a big civil war, with abandonists wanting to follow the ball's instructions to run away and the government not wanting a bunch of people to fuck off with loads of supplies and ships
>abandonists manage to escape with coordinates the white ball sent them, government tries to stop them but just gets its fleet crippled by stolen abandonist warships

>a couple of days later a massive alien invasion force shows up at all CRADLE WORLDS (but not colony worlds) and crushes the military instantly
>these guys are the scourge, they're brain parasites who like stealing bodies and generally act like dickheads to everyone all the time
>a bunch of human ships escape to the colonies but not many
>colonial humans and refugees are really fucking pissed, form the UCM
>after 160 years they've gotten their shit sufficiently together to try taking back the CRADLE WORLDS from alien scum
>strange advanced humans called the PHR come and advise them against this, reveal themselves to be descendants of the abandonists who worship the white ball
>UCM responds with growling and angry hissing, invades the scourge anyway
>shaltari are still hanging out accomplishing their own mysterious goals
Yeh
>>
>>52133414
There are a few things that make it stand out from a gameplay point of view. It's objective focused, so having ships that can deploy ground troops is just as important as having ships that can destroy the enemy, if not more so.
One interesting thing is that ranges are variable, instead of just having a range for each ship/weapon you combine your ship's scan value with your target's signature value, and add on any spikes (which are gained from various things such as doing special maneuvers, being shot with certain weapons or being scanned). This means cruisers can be shot from further away than frigates, and having spikes on your ship means that enemies from further away can shoot at them.
There's also a Z axis system that allows you to switch between high and low orbit, and a few ships can even go into atmosphere.

>>52133596
Scourge are fast and short-ranged glass cannons. They tend to need to be sneaky and some of their ships have abilities that help with this.

PHR are tough as hell and have a lot of guns, but most of them are concentrated on broadsides that require maneuvering to get the most out of.

UCM are all rounders that are harder to define, but they have a few specific strengths like a purpose-built scanning ship, good arcs on their turrets and powerful laser beams.

Shaltari are Gimmicks: The Faction. Insane scan ranges and tiny signatures, shields that make you tougher but inflate your sig to ridiculous levels, fancy teleporting ground troops, gimmick particle weapons instead of laser beams, etc.
Fucking hedgehogs.
>>
>>52010408
Resistance Fleet, when?

I want old rust bucket colony ships, science scout vessels, space trucker ships converted for war.
>>
>>52134028
Hopefully never, because a space warfleet maintained by a bunch of ruins-squatting savages makes absolutely no sense.
>>
>>52134028
As much as I'd love a Battlestar Galactica fleet of old EAA warships, civilian industrial and passenger vehicles, etc... that won't happen. The scale of warships in Dropfleet are so huge, that the smallest frigate is still much larger than a modern supercarrier.

The only way it'd work is if it was a small group of space nomad exiles that worked to keep their ships running after generations--- and there's no way such a group could be numerous enough to fight space war in the way DFC works.
>>
>>52133796
>>52133978
This sounds pretty fun. I'm definitely leaning toward Shaltari or PHR. I love me some gimmick armies but there's also something appealing about fucking shit up with a broadside barrage.

How expensive is this game? Will it break the bank in the same way as something like 40k?
>>
>>52134107
Way, way, WAY less. The starter box is like 50 bucks and is a satisfying game. A tournament sized game would be maybe a touch over twice that.
>>
>>52133840
Better than age of emperor.
>>
>>52134134
Sick, that's exactly the kind of price range I was hoping for.

Now I just need to convince my friends to play.
>>
File: FUCKING XENOOOOS.png (138KB, 524x458px) Image search: [Google]
FUCKING XENOOOOS.png
138KB, 524x458px
>>52133596
The UCM is basically pic related
>>
It's me, the newbie guy again. How hard is it to paint up these ships to a reasonable standard? Looking at them they all seem to be pretty chock-full of tiny details.
>>
>>52134295
They're actually fairly easy to do since, unlike with normal 30mm/heroic sized stuff, you don't need to worry about shading and the like.

As an example; The UCM can be broken down into a few steps.

>prime entire model white
>intermediate blue on hull paneling (leaving some white if you'd like)
>chrome on engines, guns, PD, and gubbins
>black wash everywhere
>even more black wash on the unarmored superstructure
>go over and clean up some of the paneling
>drybrush to catch the edges
>maybe do some edge highlighting on the bigger edges
>do white dots on sensor tips
>grey-blue dots on the escape pods
>you're pretty much done

This is, of course, for the studio scheme.
>>
>>52134060
A refugee fleet of old Scourge victims could work, like the lizardmen or something.
>>
>>52134359
Thanks for the break down anon! Seems simple enough. I'll probably have to look up a guide on how to do up my army's color scheme but it seems doable with a bit of patience.
>>
>>52134107
Fair warning, as the meta stands, the Shaltari really only exploit their troop gimmick. And their battleship, which is the single most effective ship in the game.

PHR also don't do much with their broadsides, being far overshadowed by how effective their bombers and beam-using ships are (Pandora, Ajax/Orpheus, Bellerophon)

Starter sets cost about 50 bucks and get you a frigate sprue and three cruiser sprues (4 frigates and 3 cruisers)
Cruiser boxes cost about 25 bucks and get you two cruiser sprues (2 cruisers)
Frigate boxes cost about 30 bucks and get you two frigate sprues (8 frigates)
BB's cost about 35 bucks and get you exactly one BB, albeit with all the variants.

Most 1250-1500 point lists I've seen can be built with two starter fleets and either A) a third starter fleet, B) a cruiser box, or C) a BB.

As such, a good estimate for a "normal" sized fleet would run you somewhere around 125-150 dollars.
>>
>>52134846
Shaltari also get Glasses which are extremely efficient as combat ships, though they're likely to get nerfed. The fleet is decent otherwise, though half their frigate selection sucks.

>PHR also don't do much with their broadsides, being far overshadowed by how effective their bombers and beam-using ships are (Pandora, Ajax/Orpheus, Bellerophon)
Not really, that's largely a meme. A good broadside team is brutally effective if you even have a vague idea what you're doing. Orion, Theseus, Europa and to a lesser extent Ikarus are great.
Bellerophon is fantastic and by far the best heavy cruiser, but Orpheus is only as good as it is because PHR troopships are criminally underpiced and Ganymede's bombardment is not worthwhile. It's not the beam that makes the ship, a troopship with the Orion's guns would be just as good.
Theseus is often better at doing Ajax's job than Ajax itself is. imo without split fire it isn't that great. Not a terrible ship, but not the best except in a mirror match (since you shouldn't split fire against PHR frigates anyway)
>>
>>52134973
Oh, and Leonidas is also an excellent broadside ship. Forgot about it.
>>
>>52134609
Invest in a cheaper, beginner airbrush if you haven't already. You get get decent ones for as low as about $50 - $75 and a small compressor for another $100. If that's too expensive you can get a few cans of compressed air for $5 - $10 each.

Airbrush makes base coating, blending, and clear coating go super quick and looks really good to boot. With practice you can get something like 12 frigates ready for detail work in under 20 minutes and looking better than anything you've ever painted.
>>
>>52133303

>You can tell New York-chan is being shy, and can barely bring herself to turn around as much as she has, hiding her face

>Diamond-chan takes that pose and sultrily makes it work, with just enough face so you know it's the HAWT shaltari battleship sister you're ogling

>Then some scourge slut just walks up, turns around, squats down, lifts her ass and shows the goods. Classless as ever. It's probably Daemon-chan but let's be serious here, we're stuck comparing back-freckles trying to figure out which one of those reprobates just tramped this scene up.

>Heracles saves the show by taking that pose and making *it* work, turning crass lewdness into mature allure.

>Diamond-chan seethes in envy at being on-upped
>>
>>52136654
Say that to my face not online fucker see what happens. Daemon-chan is a more worthy foe than any skulking cowardly abandonist or edgehog could ever be. Scourge are pure evil but at least they're pure in some way.
>>
>>52136775

Pure whore, anon. Body-snatchers of course, so it makes sense that they don't know how to properly use what they've got and just throw their bodies at things and drool it death with plasma-slobber.
>>
>>52136654
So you're telling me that two girls strike up a lewd pose, one of them pale with freckles and a twin sister, the other with so many implants you can't tell what's real and what's silicone, and not only do you prefer silicone, but you find the girl with the implants the less trashy of the two?

PHR girls are practically plastic at this point, scourge girls ate 100% organic. Just look at those home grown curves, can't do that with implants.
>>
>>52136914
Better than pretending to be your friend and injecting bleach into your bloodstream while you sleep. You know exactly what you're getting with Scourge: they're bad people and they're gonna do bad things. They won't bullshit you with layers of lies and false benevolence, and that's far more respectable than disgusting PHR and Shaltari filth (honestly it's hard to distinguish the two at this point).
>>
>>52137027
PHR are AESTHETIC

Scourge aren't even using their own bodies. They're ugly blobs of spacefat who steal the good looks of humans and try to show them off as their own.
>>
File: back.jpg (3MB, 2864x3516px) Image search: [Google]
back.jpg
3MB, 2864x3516px
>>52137027
Glorious, sleek, hyper-advanced cybernetic ass > gross space ganguro ass.

Scourge are basically uggo chicks wearing way too much makeup in an attempt to look like someone way more attractive.
>>
>>52137324
At least the scourge girls are REAL. You can't build those curves, they have to be grown.

PHR girls' curves are fake and it shows, the curve is too abrupt, the sides too flat, the curves are all kinds of misshapen. I'll give you that most of them have large racks, but size isn't everything and natural is more important.

Are we arguing about ships? Because I'm arguing about ships.
>>
>>52137426
Scourge are goth. They try to look as dark and grim as they possibly can, the bodies they stole are all about function. Even in human forms they stick to the Scourge aesthetic as much as they possibly can.

PHR were originally attractive girls who pumped themselves full of silicone in an attempt to become even more attractive. And comparing them to UCM it evidently didn't work.
>>
>>52137439
PHR take their go given gifts and precision machine them using the most perfect angles and curves physically possible in this reality.

You are saying your cancerous space whores who don't even HAVE curves and have to STEAL them can compete with the glorious alabaster perfection of team white sphere?
>>
>>52137588
>they took their god-given gifts and tried to cover them up with ridiculous oversized artificial curves, ruining the exquisite details
>they think this is aesthetically pleasing
At least Scourge don't try to paint over the freckles they stole.
>>
Shaltari voidgates get voidgate-2, rather than voidgate-1, but get bumped up to somewhere between 25-30 points.

Thoughts?
>>
>>52138459

Voidgate-2 seems clunky.
>>
>>52140372
Bump emeralds up to 135 points, but give them gate-4
>>
I kind of like how 190 points and a Line or Pathfinder slot gives me a board-edge hugging Emerald and table-wide gate coverage as is.
>>
>>52138459
>>52140606
Sounds OP frankly
>>
>>52141153
Not at all, in fact, it's a direct nerf to the Shaltari. They end up having to pay 5 more points for 12 troops, while at the same time condensed into three motherships rather than four.

Likewise, their voidgates aren't any tougher, but there are a lot less of them now, meaning that their entire troop deployment structure is a lot more vulnerable to assassination than it was, where they could spam motherships and 16+ voidgates.
>>
File: 1477877706933.jpg (325KB, 1358x590px) Image search: [Google]
1477877706933.jpg
325KB, 1358x590px
Pardon my new-ness, but for someone assembling their first starter fleet, are there any advantages to building my UCM cruisers as Osakas/New Cairo's over Berlins/Rios?
>>
>>52141726
Cheaper and faster. Osakas are flankers rather than brawlers, while New Cairos fulfil a similar role to Berlins but are more focused and less tough.
>>
>>52141726
You lose out on variability, as you have to take at least two Cairos or two Osakas.

That said, the Cairos are the most points-efficient ship killer in the game.
>>
>>52123198
Just...use you know, sheets of paper with shit written on it? You don't have to use the official cards, i'm using fucking post-its.
>>
>>52143437
well make sure they are not distinctive at least from each other so your opponent doesn't know which groups are which
>>
>>52143437
>>52143772
Index cards, son
>>
>>52145339
better Idea, scan the blank cards, and print it out on cardstock, cut em out bam problem solved.
>>
Page 10 in under 3 hours. What has /tg/ become?
>>
I want to shoot my own stream of white-hot plasma all over a Djinn
>>
>>52147951
I'm pretty sure there's a hot glue thread on /gif/.
>>
>>52143153
Cairos also let you re-enact LoGH scenes in mirror UCM matches.
>>
>>52147951
Anon please, Scourge are not for lewd
>>
>>52148774
DFC stats for LogH ships when

How would you convert Neutron Beam Cannons to DFC stats?
>>
File: junglewaifu.png (1MB, 1274x713px) Image search: [Google]
junglewaifu.png
1MB, 1274x713px
>>52150366
>implying
PHR may have good general waifus, but Scourge have superior specialist waifus.
>>
>>52150366
What are these slanderous lies? Scourge are maximally lewd. They combine the fear boner and the regular boner in a most wonderful combination.
>>
>>52092622
My mind immediately springs to the following:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=g5TEU7U1ruc

I probably should have watched the movie before assigning external contexts, but oh well
>>
>>52150366
>Rectangular box
>Triangular sandwich
Confirmed for shit game.
>>
File: 1482124447353.jpg (41KB, 544x626px) Image search: [Google]
1482124447353.jpg
41KB, 544x626px
>ywn be an Immortal
>ywn clear a room with controlled three-round bursts autistically precise enough to make Robocop weep with approval
>ywn have a built-in switch to turn off the pain inside
>>
File: FOR VENGEANCE.png (373KB, 669x952px) Image search: [Google]
FOR VENGEANCE.png
373KB, 669x952px
b u m p
>>
>>52134973
>Not really, that's largely a meme. A good broadside team is brutally effective if you even have a vague idea what you're doing. Orion, Theseus, Europa and to a lesser extent Ikarus are great.

The the truth at the heart of the meme is in their heavy cruiser selection, the Hector which is in a sad state and has probably been sneaking drinks with Jade and Granite.

The Orion on the other hand is a perfectly (and thoroughly) average ship, also newb-friendly. Scaling its gimik up into the Hector... didn't quite work.

There's going to be a Leonidas vs. Scipio deathmatch in the PHR meta at some point, but I'm not going to kick it off on /DCG/.
>>
>>52153733
Hector is not simply an upscaled Orion, in fact that is its main problem. Orion is a dedicated brawler while Hector doesn't know what it wants to be. It has a dangerous sniping laser and effective brawling broadsides, but using both at the same time is difficult and often impossible. Meanwhile Bellepheron is a backline sniper that supports the army with strike craft (that can shoot forward) and the battlecruisers are specialist brawling ships without any front guns at all. They work because they are focused and all their weapons can be used together.
>>
>>52154056

They gave Hector the best generally available prow gun in the faction (possibly for no better reason than it *was* the best), and that was her undoing.
>>
>>52156237
wut
>>
>>52156252
Wrong thread, sorry. Didn't switch back to the right tab before posting.
>>
File: Marcus Salutus.jpg (55KB, 800x447px) Image search: [Google]
Marcus Salutus.jpg
55KB, 800x447px
Bumping for the thread's final death.
Gravitic impellers blown out.
>>
So after playing a few games it seems like troopships rarely get to drop more than twice without being destroyed (and that's being generous).

Given that, it seems much more effective to just take three strike carriers instead, who will probably get to drop four or five times. They end up dropping an equal or greater number of superior troops over the course of the game.
>>
>>52157711

You'd think that right up until it comes time to try to dig out six counters of Immortals that showed up all of a sudden.

>also defense batteries do good work in the long run
>>
>>52158140
That's the thing. I did that. I had a Chimera + Gargoyle vs. three New Orleans and I got completely overwhelmed. Six infantry lose to a pile of tanks. The Chimera only survived long enough to drop twice (and that was a close thing). The defensive battery killed some of them but it wasn't enough.
>>
New thread, commanders

>>52158965
>>52158965
>>52158965
>>
>>52158280

Sucks to be Scourge, then. Anybody else would have just bombarded tanks or atmosphere-fished the strike carriers, or piled on with even more troopships.
Thread posts: 315
Thread images: 39

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.