[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

bit grimdark for nowadays average grimdark levels?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 318
Thread images: 24

File: received_10154368697477596.jpg (134KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
received_10154368697477596.jpg
134KB, 1000x1000px
bit grimdark for nowadays average grimdark levels?
>>
Of course, whats more grimdark than having your proverbial father on his literal deathbed?

Having your proverbial father on his literal deathbed while that uncle you really respected and looked up to comes in to give you a slice of reality and tell you you fucked up all your life decisions and really let yourself go, and we should unplug your dad.
>>
>>52009719
>hurr you shouldn't be so xenophobic and religious, durr stop the hate
And where is grimdark, since Rabbi just announced progressive and tolerant Imperium of Ultramar?
>>
>>52009719
The Cabale was right.
>>
>>52009771
A dose of persective can be pretty grimdark. Look what emps and some of the primarchs tried to build and look what it turned out to be a couple of millenia later.
>>
>>52009771
Anon, the Imperium at M41 is the, and I quote directly from the opening scrawl to every 40k book ever, "the cruelest and most bloody regime imaginable". It's the sort of shit that would make North Korea/Saudi Arabia/DAESH/[insert oppressive government here] collectively go "okay that's a bit much".

It is literally based on the worst parts of all of human history, especially of the 19th Century onwards, and you think it's comparable to the relatively comfortable modern day? Anon, I honestly don't know what to tell you.
>>
>>52009719
>Senpai let me just adjust your halo
>Go away stupid girl
>uguu~!
>>
>>52010248
This is nonsense its bad because there is evil shit everywhere not the regime itself you cuck.
>>
>>52009719
Emps, Malcy boi and primarchs did want to build a noblebright Imperium. Rob has every right to be pissed.
>>
Depressed Primarch is best Primarch.
>>
>>52010270
It says it right there on the first page on every 40k rulebook that the regime sucks assballs, just like the anon said. Are we just ignoring canon lore at this point?
>>
>>52010270
And the evil shit everywhere has caused the regime itself to become just as bad as the evil shit is.
*cue Nietzsche quote*
>>
>>52009719
remenber, Guilliman taking emps place is just regular tuesday in 40k
>>
>>52010270
>its bad because there is evil shit everywhere not the regime itself
no, it's bad because there's evil shit everywhere INCLUDING the regime itself
>>
>>52010304
It says it sucks because the galaxy is a horrible place.
People who say the Imperium sucks because of itself miss the point entirely.
>>
>>52010314
>>52010317
Nope.jpg According to Guilliman it'd be a nice place if it wasn't for Chaos. Thats not even touching all the other threats.
>>
>>52010318
>>52010317
>>52010283
>>52010214
R E A D N I G G A R E A D
E
A
D

N
I
G
G
A

R
E
A
D
>>
>>52010328
No idea why it quoted 314
>>
>>52010331
>doesn't get 40k thinks the Imperium is an evil regime
>>
>>52010328
What, including the Tyranids?
Including the Necrons?

I really do not think you have managed to get it into your head that it does not MATTER whether the Imperium is a shit place because of X or Y phenomenon - what matters is that it is the shittiest shit that ever shitted all over its shitty citizens who depend on shitty cops to stop crime (which they can't, because they're shit) while shitty soldiers (in multiple senses of the word) fight shitty battles using shitty tactics, shitty strategies, shitty equipment and shitty infrastructure to stop some REALLY shitty shit from happening to said citizens (which they frequently fail to do - again, they're shit) and it's all coordinated by some shitty nobles who don't know shit about what the shit they're supposed to be doing and if the word "shit" still looks like a word at this point you need to reread it until you understand that the fact that the Imperium is shit in the first place is what matters here.

>>52010342
IT SAYS IT ON THE OPENING SCRAWL TO ALL 40K YOU TWAT
>>
>>52009719
Imagine being Gulliman in that scene and having to be all like "dam saint celestine, you fucking fine, all sexy with your thiccc hips and horrific androgynous daemon face. I would totally have sex with you, both my loyal ultramarines and me." when all he really wants to do is fuck another sister of silence in his throne room. Like seriously imagine having to be Gulliman and not only sit in that chair while Saint Celestine flaunts her disgusting cow body in front of you, the favourable lighting barely concealing her cottage cheese thighs and horrific battle scars, and just sit there, hour after hour, while she fumbles around clumsily with your halo. Not only having to tolerate her fat stomach but her haughty attitude as everyone in the imperium tells her shes STILL GOT IT and DAM SAINT CELESTINE LOOKS LIKE *THAT*? because they're not the ones that have to sit there and watch her heretical fucking daemon face contort in types of nervous grimaces you didn't even know existed before that day. You've been fucking nothing but a healthy diet of petite slender sisters of silence FOR YOUR ENTIRE LIFE coming straight out of the hallowed grounds of ultramar. you've never even seen anything this fucking heretical before, and now you swear you can taste the taint of warp space lofting off her wretched hips as she squirms around suggestively in front of you, smugly assured that you are enjoying the opportunity to revel in your blessings of the "living saint" (for that is what she calls herself), a title she worked so hard for the emperor to just fucking hand her. And then Greyfax calls for another 15 minutes to go over your orders again, and you know you could kill every single person in that room before the ecclesiarchy launched an exterminatus. but you sit there and endure, because you're fucking Roboute Gulliman. you're not going to lose the imperiums faith over this. Just bear it, hide your face and bear it.
>>
>>52010379
Are you dense? I was not arguing that it isn't horrible its just not a deliberately horrible evil regime.
>>
>>52010379
>IT SAYS IT ON THE OPENING SCRAWL TO ALL 40K YOU TWAT
This lack of reasing comprehension. Its not a comment about the actual Imperiums motivation but the living conditions within it
>>
>>52010387
And I just said that that doesn't matter. What matters is that it IS shit. If it weren't shit, it wouldn't be 40k.
>>
>>52010395
No you have to listen carefully you are saying the horrible is caused by the Imperium. Its not this is the wrong interpretation of 40k.
>>
>>52010393
The Imperium's motivation is "survive". That's literally it. Sure, there's some big words about ruling the galaxy and destroying the xeno but at the end of the day, which in this case may well be the end of all days, the Imperium just wants to live.
>>52010405
Yes it fucking is. The Imperium's motivation is "survive", not "survive but make sure humanity is comfy". The Imperium does. Not. Care. How well its living conditions are - and in the case of the nobles, the Inquisition, the Ecclesiarchy and the rest of the high-ranked mob their living conditions are quite a bit better than random forge world schmucks, agri-world peasants, trench-weary Guardsmen and other low-ranked people. This level of unfairness is just one part of how shit the Imperium as a whole is, but you should probably get my point by now - the Imperium is fucking SHIT. That's what matters.
Not how it became shit.
Not why it became shit.
Not even how the shit is perpetuated.
It is shit. That's all there is to it.
>>
>>52009719
yeah things are bad but maybe Guilliman can pull an Aurelian/Diocletian and pull the Imperium back from this crisis.

honestly he's probably the best guy for the job.
>>
>>52010444

I'd say there is quite an important distinction in the WHY of it being shit. I don't disagree that it is, in every way that you've said, I totally agree there. But it is an important difference that the shitness, oppression and lack of morality and care of the leadership is not just for the fun of being extra shit, it's like that because that's the only possible way for it to continue to function (in its own shitty way, as you put it). Every reduction in living standards, every lost right and extra responsibility, everyone who starves, everyone sent to die in a miserable trench war on a backwater wasteland is not just bad, it's so hugely grim because that's the best possible way the Imperium can manage it. If they tried to be less shit they'd collapse entirely, so shit is the best they can aim for. That adds an extra level of grim that the fact 'its shit' on its own can't provide.
>>
>>52010214
>Look what emps and some of the primarchs tried to build and look what it turned out to be a couple of millenia later.
But Guilliman aren't Emperor or other primarchs, he is biggest Marry Sue, so he will rebuild it easily.
>>
I don't understand why this image triggers rightists so badly.
>>
>>52010515
Mostly it triggers 40k fans
>>
>>52010515
It triggers Imperium fans who forgot their own fiction.
>>
>>52010498
Could he, though? The Imperium would need some seriously massive reforms to get even close to efficient again. Would the High Lords of Terra even allow Guilliman to try and make those reforms?
>>
>>52010540

I'm more intrigued about how it's going to interact with St Celestine. Considering St Celestine seems to be much on the side of righteousness (As much as it exists in 40k).
>>
This was the only acceptable reaction he could've had to the imperium.
>>
>>52010554
She is in blind love with BobbyG and will totally agree with everything he says.
>>
>>52010553

I think part of the main question about any reforms is 'Replace the Ecclessiarchy' (Likely to cause massive civil war) vs 'Use the SOB to reform it into a less corrupt/crazy Ecclessiarchy' (Since Celestine is on his side and chopping priest heads isn't new for them)
>>
>>52010504
>I'd say there is quite an important distinction in the WHY of it being shit.
not really

Guilliman's just been taken from m31 to m41 in the blink of an eye. WHY people fucked up his/the emperor's empire isn't as important to him. All that matters is they did fuck it up, and now he has to un-fuck it up.

dude ain't going to be a happy camper about it
>>
>>52010568

Addendum: He's not going to be much happier with the Mechanicus, what with the 'Ignorance' part of his talk.

Seems like Fear, Hate and Ignorance is Inquisition, Ecclessiarchy and Mechanicus.
>>
File: images.jpg (13KB, 259x165px) Image search: [Google]
images.jpg
13KB, 259x165px
>>52010553
it wouldn't be the first time ultramarines went to Terra and dictated terms to the High Lords.
don't see why this would go any different.
>>
>>52010554
>I'm more intrigued about how it's going to interact with St Celestine.
She is strong, bodypositive endependent womy, so she will join to Guilliman (it doesn't looks like latin name) and help him to make Imperium less xenophobic
>>
>>52010504
Ok, I get that now. But it seems that some in this thread (looking at you, >>52010342
) just look at the Imperium and go "hey what they're doing is necessary so they mustn't be villains" when that's really not the case. It's (not really, but it's the first analogy that came to mind) like saying a vampire isn't evil for drinking blood, which can lead to death through blood loss or infection, because it needs to drink blood to survive. The person they killed is still dead, and they've still killed them.

The Imperium can't be better. But that doesn't make it anything but an archetypal evil empire. A tragic past doesn't prevent a villain from being a villain.

>>52010580
Didn't think of that, but it makes sense from that perspective. Kudos.
>>
>>52010648

>Help him.

She's the one who organized the whole 'Team up with Eldar to rez Girlyman'. She got it started before he did.

Not like this is the first time. The SOB are the ones who delivered Slannesh's truename (In Daemonfuge) to the Black Library after all.
>>
>>52010666
>Slaanesh's true name is in the possession of Cegorach and the Harlequins

Oooh. I'm looking forward to some attempted deicide. Hopefully GW will remember that plot thread. Tell me more, please?
>>
>>52010666
>She's the one who organized the whole 'Team up with Eldar to rez Girlyman'.
Yeah, but now she will allow chosen people lead the way
>>
>>52010504

I've never seen anything to indicate that the shitty living conditions of the Imperium if you're not powerful are justified. Things are that way because the Imperium draws from history or the perception of it and probably magnifies how bad it is. Instead of life gradually getting better and better for everyone, it has arguably regressed for the majority.

>>52010515

If it seriously does it's probably because they unironically glorify the Imperium without realizing that it's supposed to be a bad place and that only stuff like tribalism is supposed to make it sympathetic to the average person.

>>52010568

Considering Celestine literally has magical powers and faith in the Emperor is one of the few things that binds the Imperium together, I don't think removing the Ecclesiarchy is an option at this point. Best that could probably be done is monitor and make sure it doesn't get too powerful or try and do stupid shit.

>>52010602

The Emperor created the Inquisition. While you could debate about how they function, they're likely needed as well.

Basically all three are far from ideal, but at this point they're so critical and everything else is such shit that trying to reform them is not an option. I mean the Emperor wasn't even able to beat up the Mechanicum is just take all their stuff.

>>52010666

I thought it was the Ynnari who came up with the plan since they realize that humanity are their only real plausible allies to fight Chaos and in order to do so it needs a being who could easily unite the Imperium and for the most part have few obstacles.
>>
File: make the world old again.png (717KB, 931x960px) Image search: [Google]
make the world old again.png
717KB, 931x960px
>>52009719
>guilliman is commenting at a meta level the state of GW
>>
>>52010690
GW is good now.
>>
>>52010684
>that it's supposed to be a bad place
Abd it makes Imperium interesting.
>>
>>52010678

The SOB, through massive cost (Because that comic recalled that the Dialogus exist/study chaos to work out how to defeat it) managed to learn Slannesh's True Name. It cost the lives of the entire mission doing so. One of the SOB sent to reinforce them, Ephreal Stern got that information stuck inside her head along with a massive connection to the warp that made her a very potent psyker.

Chaos responded by basically activating every single sleeper agent they had in the Inquisition to get her a 'Kill on sight' order for the Imperium. One of her major allies in the series is a Eldar ranger helping get her to the Black Library so the information can remain safe from the forces of chaos/so the Eldar can work out how to use it to their advantage.
>>
>>52010710
>And
fix
>>
>>52010710

It does, if only because it's a different take on thee typical bleak future where corporations are to blame. Still doesn't make the entirely of the Imperium something to aspire to.
>>
>>52010703
Yeah by turning in toy company
>>
>>52010731
They focus on games so much more now, Hail Rountree.
>>
>>52010725
>Still doesn't make the entirely of the Imperium something to aspire to.
You mean IRL? Of course not, but such things makes fictional setting much more interesting, and now Guilliman is going to replace it by Alliance in Space
>>
>>52010736
>on games so much more now,
That';s why they still cannot into game-design?
>Hail Rountree.
Yeah, thanks for hiring Ward and bringing back Girlyman.
>>
>>52009719
>3 hot chicks
>private Mechanicus
LIKE A BOSS
>>
>>52010773
>>3 hot chicks
>GW
>hot chicks
pick one Anglo
>>
>>52009719
Man, Girlyman needs to stop being a bi-

Wait, he's not in stasis anymore? Why isn't he fixing the Imperium like the Emperor would have wanted?
>>
>>52010515
Lefists have a bone disease that means they literally cannot fathom 40k.
>>
>>52010801
>Getting triggered because 40k lore calls the imperium bad.
>No, it's the people pointing that out that can't fathom 40k.
>>
>>52010780
>Why isn't he fixing the Imperium like the Emperor would have wanted?
he is, he's just mad they fucked up and need him to fix things again
>>
>>52010745
Silver Tower was good, same with all the other side-games they've put out.
>>
>>52010808
You do not belong here idiot. Your political bait is shit. Guilliman is talking about the decay of the Imperium after fall death of the Emperor. Its got nothing to do with modern left right politics.
>>
>>52010780
>Why isn't he fixing the Imperium like the Emperor would have wanted?

He is.
First he's going to save the galaxy.
>>
>>52010808
Put it this way the Primarch's comments are identical to "rightists" when they look at modern society.
You are just proving you don't get anything at all.
>>
>>52010820
>Silver Tower was good
Nope
>, same with all the other side-games they've put out.
You mean thier board games?
>>
>>52010828
>>52010848
I haven't even mentioned modern politics... I'm talking about people refusing to believe that GW wrote the Imperium has an oppressive religious super state.

Are you guys religious or something and don't like Guilliman decrying religion and xenophobia?
>>
KEEP YOUR POLITICS OUT OF EVERYTHING YOU AUTISTIC FAGGOTS
>>
>>52010876

He's not even decrying religion. He's decrying fear, hatred and ignorance. Now, some people could associate them but he hasn't decried religion yet and I'm honestly doubting he will in a setting where the whole 'Gods' thing is a literal truth.
>>
>>52009771
This is leftard /pol/ bait. The Imperium was xenophobic as a principle during its inception you stupid leftard cunt.
>>
>>52010887
The Emperor intended his Empire to be free from Religion, it's not too insane to think that he passed those ideas onto his sons too.
>>
>>52010893

Yeah but on the other hand: A friendly god and an angelic saint just raised him from the dead and gave him a halo.
>>
>>52010889
>The Imperium was xenophobic as a principle during its inception
Yeah Emperor's Imperium, not Guilliman new Imperium
>>
>>52010876
You don't know the setting fuck off you stupid shit.
The Imperium was xenophobic to the extreme by the Emperor's own guidance.
>>
>>52010903
"Our dream"
You should be permabanned for you dumb crap.
>>
>>52010906
Stop equating xenophobia with religion, makes you look like a neckbeard.
>>
>>52010916
Fuck off stupid troll
>>
>>52010919
You're the one getting angry at official GW lore. It's a fucking fiction universe, jesus christ grow a pair.
>>
>>52010924
Im not getting angry at the lore you dumb troll. Piss off to mlp or whatever you actually follow.
>>
>>52010924
Fuck off idiot.
>>
One of my favourite chapter in HH is when some marines see alien and humans fighting together.
The marines start gagging in their helmets. That is how strong their dislike of aliens is.
>>
>>52010912
>"Our dream"
And he talked about Imperium Secundus.
>>
File: image.jpg (26KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
26KB, 480x360px
>>52010703
I don't know they are making the same mistakes that killed fantasy after the golden days of 6th edition fantasy.

They try to milk the cow hard with lower model count per box, higher cost per box and lower points per model.

Resulting in the need of bigger armies for the same amount of points people where used to play.

Beside the start collecting boxes and the table top games have you seen the prices and model count per box?

Formation what give you free shit, point values decrease all around for things that should cost more.

They are milking 40k hard like they did with fantasy.

Hell even "plot progression" for the sake of progression is napping in 40k

Didn't learn a thing.
>>
>>52010969
Hes talking to the Emperor. Our dream means the
Imperium you twit.
>>
>>52010971
>using a perturbed pedro reaction image
oh boy
>>
>>52010703
So is rowboat, it doesn't change the direction of the trains they're the head of.
>>
>>52010979
>guys IoM always progressive tolerant state
nicfe try tumblr
>>
>>52010997
Stop your stupid trolling.
>>
>>52010971
>They try to milk the cow hard with lower model count per box, higher cost per box

Like they've been doing since Rogue Trader.

But sure, go on about its eminent demise for long enough and some day you'll be right.
>>
File: 1462222484213.png (26KB, 354x425px) Image search: [Google]
1462222484213.png
26KB, 354x425px
>>52009719
>tfw Guilliman realizes Alpharius was right all along
>>
>>52010971
But GW has actually increased the amount of models while barely raising the original prices. The start collecting boxes essentially give you free squads worth of models.
>>
>>52010971
>They try to milk the cow hard with lower model count per box, higher cost per box and lower points per model.
Where have you been the past six months. They're doing the opposite now. Case in point are the recent boxes of Sigmarines that they issued a return to all stores, doubling the model count for a few euros more. This not to mention the Start Collecting sets, all the transport + infantry squad sets for 40k etc.

It is the end times, because GW is actually turning the whole thing around.
>>
>>52011089
Shhhhh, don't try reason and facts with his ilk. Just nod and back away slowly.
>>
>>52010381
Niiiice
>>
>>52009719

Is this an actual picture, or is it fan-made?
>>
>>52011089
>while barely raising the original prices.
>30-35$ per individual model
kek
>>
>>52011107
You mean SC boxes for 40k? They are totally useless in game.
>>
>>52009719
>those fucking qts on the left
>>
>>52011179
what are you even on about
>>
>>52010342
Imperium IS evil as fuck regime.

Necessary? Yes.
Cool from storytelling/atmosphere perspective? Yeah.
Good/justifiable in any other circumstances? No.

The fact that anyone would find it good in any way is retarded even by /pol/ standards.
>>
>>52010859
Yep. See, i can do it too? moron
>>
The thing i find kind of eye rolling is how noobs to the setting keep commenting on the Eldar and Imperium allying.
This is one of the oldest narratives in 40k everytime a campaign or event occurs it always happens.
>>
>>52011223
It's not even a regime. That implies there's somone actually in charge and pulling the strings. There isn't. The highlords in reality have actual fuck all power outside of Terra. The Imperium runs mostly through itself. That's what's terrifying about it.
>>
>>52011223
Please fuck off back to /pol/ you don't belong here.
>>
>>52011249
The Imperium functions on a long chain of command. Its effectively Space Feudalism.
>>
>>52011223
The Imperium is not evil. There maybe evil people within it but its not evil. It also is good your dumb as fuck political baiting aside. It protects humanity from something worse.
>>
>>52011221
Well I mean they are good only to attract newcomer and force him spent a lot of money to make sure that he wouldn't drop the hobby.
>>
>>52011237
Nope, the Silver Tower are typical GW board game like Overkill, Execution Force and the rest, poor rules (too many random for no reasons) few good models.
>>
>>52011276
Im actually pretty fed up with board game as a hidden bargain from GW. You get a big box that you think is a bargain but you are buying an extra force you usyslly don't want and its too many models.
But you'd be crazy not to get it as the alternative single squad boxes is twice the price for half the stuff.
>>
>>52011276
so, good then? pretty much all of them, silver tower and gangs of commorragh especially have been extremely well recieved.
>>
Why does /tg/ still have a hateboner for GW

its like old grandpas clinging to their dead memes
>>
>>52011266
but in what way are basic troops and things like leman russes, thunderwolves and jetbikes "uselss in game"
>>
>>52011328
>so, good then?
>, poor rules
>few good models.
>good
>>
>>52011328
GoC you mean the game they made out of surplus kits.
The pattern with some of GWs releases is they are just getting rid of models.
>>
>>52011337
Dunno, since the start of 7th edition.
>>
>>52011334
Because GWs earned it. If they stop getting greedy people will like them again.
>arbitarily raised price on latest triumvate
Opps they did it again!
>>
>>52011338
>>52011343
i see no ones bothered to play or even read reviews then. fair enough, usual internet stupidity.
>>
>>52010876

He's not necessarily decrying xenophobia on closer inspection, more the Imperium putting such an emphasis on hate and intermingling it with spirituality rather than it being practical. Practical hate in this case exists to keep the Imperium safe and allows it to take a more nuanced approach to things. When you're just going on blind hate it leads to you picking fights with and wasting resources on enemies that at the moment are safe to ignore while there are bigger fish to fry.

For example, Craftworlds could potentially be left alone if they haven't yet shown to be hostile to or trying to interfere with the Imperium.

>>52010887

To be fair, there really are no gods in 40k, merely beings which exist for whom no other name really fits. The relationship between them and their worshipers can be complex too. For example, you could really say that the Chaos gods are just extremely efficient parasites or at most exist in a lopsided symbiotic relationship with some of their worshipers.

>>52010901

Ynnead may help to bring him back, but on the whole it's just as much of a threat as it is a boon. If the Imperium were able to combat Chaos by itself, there really is no reason for it to want Ynnead to stick around.

>>52011144

It's a crop from GW of a larger picture.
>>
>>52011334
grognards essentially. the "i can't stand change" crowd. the left over fantasy crowd.
>>
>>52011357
Nope thats what makes 40k a bit brilliant. Gods exist Chaos Gods are gods and so are the C'tan some other entities could qualify as gods too.
>>
>>52011353
>It's a good game, you are just stupid!
kek
>even read reviews
TOP FUCKING KEK
>>
>>52011351
>that one uncle you like, but constantly fucks up and he is a greedy asshole
>he redeems himself and you like him again
> he jews you as usual
fuck
>>
>>52011381
congrats, you just proved what an idiot you are. you must be proud.
>>
>>52011345
ah so you don't actually play. got it. you should've said so from the start
>>
>>52011383
Not like GWs is the only one even Poots the hero of indie miniatures is arbitarily raising prices. Which breaks my heart as I loved what he was doing but can't justify being robbed.
>>
>>52011387
>defending GW shit games made for selling models, not rules so hard
>>52011388
>ah so you don't actually play.
Because..?
Let's be honest, SC doesn't have super-heavy, enough additional weapons, or elite infantry etc.
>>
>>52011362
>Change
>Kill off the old world and most of the factions in the most anti-climatic and bullshit way possible, just so GW can sell fantasy space marines.
>>
>>52011439
Still in bewilderment at why they'd axe one of the best fantasy settings ever made.
>>
>>52011439
>most of
>two races that no one gives a shit about
yep, you're one of them grognards. how's that piece of crap 9th age treating you?
>>
>>52011457
you mean most generic settings? what was so unique about it? and also because on one bought anything.
>>
>>52011479
>>two races
You mean only 2 races survives (beastmen and skavens)
>>52011486
>what was so unique about it?
Green orcs, pseudo-historical humans. Moorcock elves, much better than rip-off of Marvel Thor.
>>
Anyone have a link to a pdf or epub of the newest gathering storm?
>>
>>52011486
I knew this reply would come. How is it generic? From English writers it put the main human power as central Europe with secondary one being French.
>and also because on one bought anything.
The sales quoted were still sizable just less than 40k which makes it such a dumb illogical move.
>>
>>52011457
It wasnt selling models.
>>
>>52010654
>imperium is the villain
Then who's the hero? Not the Tau for sure
>>
File: zbiWwDK.jpg (120KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
zbiWwDK.jpg
120KB, 1280x720px
>>52009719
HERESYYYYYYYYYYY
>>
>>52011502
hm, don't think you've looked at the ranges recently have you? don't worry, i don't expect idiots to do research before shooting off their mouths.

so, nothing unique then as you said yourself they're all ripoffs to start with? fair enough
>>
>>52011556
It was though.
>>
>>52011558

There are no heroes, at least not on a scale that counts.
>>
>>52011502
>AoS is a Kirby riff

I get you were trying to make it seem bad, but you've just made me appreciate the setting way more.
>>
>>52011565
Not enough to justify it's existence
>>
The Imperium's shitty but it still stands. Humanity still exists. Now that Guilliman's here again he can work on fixing it and getting humanity back on it's legs again. Saying that it would have been better if Horus wiped them all out is retarded. Can't fix shit if you're all dead.
>>
>>52011555
it is generic. maybe unique twenty odd years ago, but all it's tropes are done to death. scottish techy dwarves, haughty elves, middle of the road humans. and as much as you may hate this, green orcs are more readily recognised from WoW these days then fantasy.
>>
File: autist shinji.jpg (8KB, 271x267px) Image search: [Google]
autist shinji.jpg
8KB, 271x267px
>>52009752
>>
>>52011561
>hm, don't think you've looked at the ranges recently have you?
You mean what...?
>>52011568
>but you've just made me appreciate the setting way more.
Let me guess, you are american, right?
>>
>>52011569
The number thrown around is 40% of sales. So 40k had 10% more and they thought swatting an entire line was a smart idea.
You are neck deep in the fallacy that companies always do smart things.
>>
>>52011578
>it is generic.
How it could be generic if it was made before such things became generic?
>>
>>52011578
So what you are saying is its been ripped off.
>>
>>52011589
They are making more money now. The cost was justified. The investors are sated.

I'm sorry. There isn't gonna be some 11th hour "oh no it turns out this was a mistake"
>>
>>52011585
Britbong, but imagining Stormcast speaking in Kirby style dialouge improves them immensely.
>>
>>52011589
20%*
>>
>>52011600
>They are making more money now.
Yep, by focusing on 40k without big releases on AoS.
>>
>>52011576
Agreed, plus with Roboute back they can start slowly bringing in the other loyalist and traitor Primarchs. Next loyalist returnee will almost definitely be Leman followed by Vulkan. Khan should make a reappearance, but for Dorn and Corax who knows.
>>
>>52011600
Axing 40% of your line is not profiting. Its like walking into your store and saying blue thing sells the most axe everything else we will just sell blue thing. This is what gws did to everyone of their ips.
>>
>>52011601
>Britbong
Well even Tolkien said that you have no culture and myths, so I can understand why you prefering super-hero comis to actual folklore.
>but imagining Stormcast speaking in Kirby style dialouge
Sorry, I talked about visual and common setting's contructs.
>>
i mean go and look at the ranges on the website and be amazed how 90% of the junk is still there and available to buy. idiot.
>>
>>52011610
>>52011618

AoS is making more money. It's not making crazy money, but it's making more money. The Investors are happy with the direction things are going and Roundtree can promise them growth.

It's over, Johnny. The war is over.
>>
>>52011589
>The number thrown around is 40% of sales.

The number thrown around is less than paints and brushes.
>>
>>52011378

It all depends on your definition of god or gods. I'd place the gods of 40k as a concept lower on the rung than the Abrahamic God or any god or gods that came about as the result of the creation of the universe.

Pretty much every god in 40k, other than the C'tan who are limited in their own ways and one could argue about their classification, owes its existence to sapient living beings.

>>52011457

I want to say it's because in a lot of ways it was also a restrictive setting. Some of this is because it was based on something not too dissimilar from our own planet, some like Archaon was GW writing themselves into a corner with only one "satisfying" out as it existed with the alternative being doing huge retcons. It was also tied to a floundering ruleset.

The armies that GW has introduced in AoS such as the Stormcast, Fyreslayers, Sylvaneth, Bloodbound, Arcanites, and Ironjawz could all have easily existed as concepts in Fantasy. You could argue they did since they all draw from things that already existed in Fantasy. Stormcast are Warriors of Order, Fyreslayers draw from the Slayer Cult of the Dwarfs, Sylvaneth are the nature spirits of Athel Loren, Bloodbound and Arcanites are just Warriors of Chaos devoted to Khorne and Tzeentch respectively, Ironjawz are an expansion of Black Orcs.

>>52011555

It could be called generic because not a lot of it is unique to Fantasy, just being concepts that existed with varying levels of popularity.

While the Empire was more Holy Roman Empire and not generic fantasy or Arthurian or anything like that, it doesn't really deserve a lot of points for making the main human army Western European and catering to Western Europe in other ways.

Regardless of sales, Fantasy was in the shitter as a brand, not only being vastly overshadowed by its younger sibling, but by newer games. This is to say nothing of the ultimate insult in Blizzard taking parts of it and making something bigger than Fantasy ever was.
>>
>>52011603
40% in 6th edition.
>>
>>52011626
I find it hard to believe gonna need some source on that.
>>
>>52011592
>>52011598
no it ripped off everything to start with and then became lost in the mire of all other generic fantasy. there was nothing there anymore to pull anyone new. as anyone who was remotely into fantasy had already seen it all before.
>>
>>52011618
Yeah, and that's what stores do if they want to make money. They only have room for so much shit, so what they keep around must sell well enough. Anything that doesn't move quick enough gets axed and the shelf space goes to somethign that'll earn its keep.
>>
>>52011626
>AoS is making more money. It's not making crazy money, but it's making more money.
Proofs?
But yeah anything would sells better than 8th edition
>>
>>52011637
Sure, i'll get on it. Any sources for yours? :^)
>>
>>52011637
go look at the latest financial report.
>>
>>52011631
>While the Empire was more Holy Roman Empire and not generic fantasy or Arthurian or anything like that, it doesn't really deserve a lot of points for making the main human army Western European and catering to Western Europe in other ways.
it wouldn't be European fantasy if it didn't borrow from Europe. The tumblr tier "deductions" for being European setting goes into the trash.
>>
>>52011654
>go look at the latest financial report.
You mean annual or half-year?
>>
>GW shills in full force
At this point GWs could end 40k and say the Emperor just had a bad dream and you shills would lap it up.
>>
>>52011576
He's implying it's too late, anon. He's gonna try but there's no guarantee humanity's gonna make it
>>
>>52011666
careful, your bitterness at seeing people enjoy themselves is showing.
>>
>>52011638
>no it ripped off everything to start
>source: my ass
>there was nothing there anymore to pull anyone new. as anyone who was remotely into fantasy had already seen it all before.
Remind how many settings have hitorical humans before Witcher and Game of Thrones? How many settings using Moorcock elves (I can only remember TES), rat-people?
>>
>>52011662
here, let me google that for you https://investor.games-workshop.com/2017/01/10/half-yearly-report-2016-2017/
>>
http://www.belloflostsouls.net/2016/07/games-workshop-2015-16-annual-financials.html

2015 Annuals. Revenues are flat despite cost increases.

http://natfka.blogspot.com/2016/08/how-is-age-of-sigmar-doing.html

"Reliable Sources" claim:

via very solid sources on Faeit 212
AoS makes 35% or GWs Sales.

Comparing to Fantasy ?
Before it was squatted WFB was ~5% (and therefore lower than paints & tools)
>>
>>52011684
Are you talking about me i enjoy the setting im just not fanboi tier.
Apparently im not allowed to like fantasy because gws killed it.
>>
>>52011696
So where is any mentions of AoS?
Not to mention that the Summer and Fall of 2016 was mostly 40k releases, like Prospero and Wrath of Magnus.
>>
>>52011688
really? so you're going to ignore moorecock, 2000ad, dune? please don't embarass yourself.
>>
>>52010387
Which ones are? Everyone thinks they're right
>>
>>52011697
Find that 5% hard to believe.
>>
>>52011697
>"Reliable Sources"
Nice proofs, while their last annual report (when they made a lot of AoS big releases) shows another drop of their revenue.
>>
>>52011703
please use your brain. profits would not have jumped that high if AoS was doing badly. if fantasy was giving them that much growth, it would still exist.
>>
>>52011624

One of the funniest complaints from Fantasyfags is that GW axing some special characters and some over the hill models counts as destroying an entire range.

Bretonnia and Tomb Kings were destroyed because not even a single model belonging to either range is still available from GW. On the other hand large portions of Beastmen, Chaos Warriors, Daemons, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Empire, High Elves, Lizardmen, Ogres, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Vampire Counts, and Wood Elves can still be purchased.

>>52011656

When everyone and their mother in the fantasy business draws from Europe or some version of it, you don't deserve many points because you're not entirely doing much different from what everyone else is. It's like giving an anime or manga praise because its setting is Japan or heavily influenced by Japan.

The saving grace at least is that rather than go full on generic, GW borrowed from history and used stereotypes well enough.
>>
>>52011723
Or it could mean 40k had more product releases.
>>
>>52011704
>so you're going to ignore moorecock, 2000ad, dune?
Where I ignored them?My point is that WHFB as setting used much more interesting sources than most of 80 and 90's settings and a lot of things from WHFB are popular today.
>>
>>52011727
>>>/tumblr/ no one cares
>>
>>52011576
Humanity was doomed the moment magnus fucked the Web way. Everything past that has been an act of spite against the rest of the galaxy
>>
>>52011727
>On the other hand large portions of Beastmen, Chaos Warriors, Daemons, Dark Elves, Dwarfs, Empire, High Elves, Lizardmen, Ogres, Orcs and Goblins, Skaven, Vampire Counts, and Wood Elves can still be purchased.
And most of them are totally useless in game now and irrelevant in new lore.
>>
>>52011741
it did yes, but that means nothing these days without a unique flair too it. something fantasy hasn't had for at least a decade.
>>
>>52011754
HA! give it up now, your bait is pathetic.
>>
>>52011762
>without a unique flair
Define "unique flair", please
>>
File: true imperial victory.png (235KB, 958x466px) Image search: [Google]
true imperial victory.png
235KB, 958x466px
I'm late but thread theme:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=reWH-f1JIr4
Can he make it /tg/ ? Can he save humanity, or has it always been too late ?
>>
>>52011774
Why it's a bait?
>>
There is practically nothing like WFB out there. Warcraft had its own spin on it up until WoW but took the universe into a anything goes direction.
>>
>>52011778
something that makes it stand out. if you take an empire spearman and place it next to any other 28mm human fantasy/historical model, what is there that makes it stand out? what should attract me as a new player too it?
>>
>>52011631
>ods that came about as the result of the creation of the universe.

Like the C'tan Gods who have ultimate mastery over Real Space and also souls?
>>
>>52011786
it's pathetic bait, because if you read the lore, you'll know that all of the races have featured or being built up too. elves especially have been getting name dropped into something big since the game started.
>>
>>52011801
The empire spearman has no shoes.
>>
>>52011814
Elves? you mean AELDARI?

I kid, I know why the name change - copyright protection. Still keks me up.
>>
>>52011754

From what little I know, elements of the Empire and Ogres are good, granted the latter were probably helped in getting a book.

Most of the units which composed the previous ranges are within the same Alliance and can be played together with no problem and Compendium rules exist for the units in their Fantasy incarnations.

Of course the fact also is that you can buy the units and don't have to rely on jacked up ebay prices because they're out of production.

>>52011783

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VLg2VvsFanE

I like this for thread theme, though it arguably fits Dark Eldar or Slaanesh more.

>>52011812

The Warp and anything related to it are anathema to the C'tan. I'll concede that in their mastery over the physical universe the C'tan could perhaps be considered as gods, at least after the Necrons built them bodies.
>>
>>52011818
oh you're right! you got me, i'm sure that would corner the market in foot fetishits
>>
>>52011827
A: that's 40k, not AoS.
B: that's just the name of the new faction, Eldar is still the overall name.

Research before you post, it makes you look slightly less retarded.
>>
File: 1486896057280.jpg (100KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
1486896057280.jpg
100KB, 900x900px
>>52011835
>that vid
Reminds me of LWA, kek
>>
>>52011631 #
>It all depends on your definition of god or gods. I'd place the gods of 40k as a concept lower on the rung than the Abrahamic God or any god or gods that came about as the result of the creation of the universe

Chaos Gods exist OUTSIDE the universe where they are omnipresent. In our universe their reach is practically omniesent.
They are logically a step up from real world God concepts by your fedora logic.
>>
>>52011801
>what should attract me as a new player too it?
Good design, Renaissance humans with all their flaws and social structure instead of usual paladin kingdom with Da Vinci-like magitech devices, unironically practical design of elves (armor and weapon), Aztec-like lizard-people, Age of Discovery spirit.
>>52011814
>. elves especially have been getting name dropped into something big since the game started.
Not elves, only Tyrion and Malerion (gods), in AoS mortal racdes cannot do any serious things, because it's the job of thier Space Marines (sigmarines, wooden marines, naked marines etc).
>>
File: maxresdefault[1].jpg (327KB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
maxresdefault[1].jpg
327KB, 1920x1080px
>>52011848
>not AoS

your right, I looked it up.'

In AoS they're called AELFS

you fucking ignorant cunt
>>
>>52011835
>From what little I know, elements of the Empire and Ogres are good, granted the latter were probably helped in getting a book.
1) All old models are worse than new one
2) Some ogors units probably good, but they are not good as new armies (Sylvaneths, new Tzeench, new SCE battletome)
3) Empire now just a bunch of support packs for new Order armies
>Most of the units which composed the previous ranges are within the same Alliance and can be played together with no problem and Compendium rules exist for the units in their Fantasy incarnations.
And yet still all of them sucks against battletomes, which had better stats, formations, artifacts and magic
>>
File: IMG_1805.jpg (28KB, 300x287px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1805.jpg
28KB, 300x287px
>>52009719
>That Eldar
>>
>>52011889
I'm not the one who's ignorant, twat. it's Aelves actually. and it's just an archaic spelling of it. you'd know this if you weren't the ignorant cunt.
>>
>>52011835
>The Warp and anything related to it are anathema to the C'tan.

So? What does that have to do with anything? Reality is anathema to daemons and the Chaos Gods.

Even when they were space butterflies that were still godlike beings but their minds were so vast that they did not notice the bacteria sized things living in their universe.
>>
>>52011881
i said as a new player, who knows nothing other than the model infront of me is a guy with a spear lined up against similar models. what is there to attract me too it specifically. don't shift the goal posts.
>>
>>52011934
>what is there to attract me too it specifically.
Thier design and aesthetic, but yeah, they don't have ultramarines.
>>
>>52010515
I'm basically a fascist to any leftist, and it doesn't trigger me at all.

It is in fact, exactly the sentiment I expected Rawbutt to have.
What sort of fucking retard would think that Guiliman would fucking praise the rotting edifice that has become of his father's dream?
>>
>>52011949
you're still not answering the question. the aesthetic is the same as a 100+ companies now. what should strike me about it?
>>
>>52011852

That is part of why I think I like the animation. I can certainly see Diana in the main Heather.

>>52011858

They are no where near omnipresent or omniscient within our universe. If they were omnipresent then they wouldn't be so reliant on mortals to weaken the walls of reality or spread knowledge about them. If they were omniscient then they would be never be capable of being defeated.

I don't see what is fedora about saying that as far as gods go there are many who outclass them.

>>52011923

Anathema was probably the wrong word, I've heard it said they can't comprehend the Warp or anything related to it and are seemingly unable to influence it. Gods are usually portrayed as not having problems interacting with multiple domains.

I wouldn't use their intelligence or comprehension to classify them as gods, you get the same result if you compare a human with many things and we are certainly not gods.
>>
File: Highborne.jpg (27KB, 250x436px) Image search: [Google]
Highborne.jpg
27KB, 250x436px
>>52011889
>In AoS they're called AELFS
You mean Highborne?
>>
>>52011958
>100+ companies now.
Such as..?
Axcept AoW and probably Gamezone.
>>
>>52011960
>Gods are usually portrayed as not having problems interacting with multiple domains.

That's really arbitrary.
>>
>>52010737
>Guilliman is going to replace it by Alliance in Space

That's pure speculation on your part. If that does indeed happen, I'll throw a fucking fit, because I don't want muh Eldar to be fucking permanent allies of humanity. I am already quite skeptical of the whole Aeldari bs.
But lets not jump into conclusions until they actually happen.
>>
So when will official info drop ?
>>
>>52011975
i'm not doing your research for you. go look at any GW clone company or historical manufacturer and tell me you can't find nearly identical.
>>
>>52011993

Probably next week.

However, Atia already has her hands on NDA copy or is in contact with someone who does and in a way summed up the end and what it means for the future.

>The Gathering Storm is over.

>We saw Cadia burn, a Craftworld shattered, and we followed Eldar and Saint into the nightmare. We saw a Primarch rise again, and we went into hell itself to reach Terra.

>The Gathering Storm is over.

>Old Night is once again upon us. The gods fight against each other and laugh. But we won't give up without a fight either. We will muster. A new Great Crusade must begin. For Terra, and for the Emperor!
>>
>>52009719
Is Guilliman Protoman?
>>
>>52011960
>They are no where near omnipresent or omniscient within our universe.
Consider the following a Greater daemon can hear every thought a mortal makes anywhere.
That is not a full Chaos God. They are omiescent
>>
>>52012005
>i'm not doing your research for you
But you're claing that there is 100+ who making the same models as WHFB Empire and Elves, so name them.
>go look at any GW clone company
And I see only Mantic, who use a very different design for humans and elves.
>or historical manufacturer and tell me you can't find nearly identical.
Then instead of shit like demygrigh knights they probably should update old Imperial knights to provide better quality.
>>
>>52012013
>. A new Great Crusade
>totally nothing simmilar with Realmgates war
>>
File: 1461992944890.gif (334KB, 226x199px) Image search: [Google]
1461992944890.gif
334KB, 226x199px
>>52012013
>A new Great Crusade must begin
So it's make or break, huh ? What a time to be alive
>>
>>52012031
i'm done arguing with you. if you're that inept, then you carry on.
>>
>>52012029
Omniscient
>useless apple auto
>>
>>52012044
>I cannot name 100+ companies, so I just call u inept
Nice arguments
>>
File: alimony.png (104KB, 216x216px) Image search: [Google]
alimony.png
104KB, 216x216px
>>52011083
>tfw Alpharius will be the closet-loyalist and Magnus will stay traitor.
>>
>>52012231
Feels good
>>
>>52011987
>That's pure speculation on your part.
-> >>52009719
>>
>>52011919
>and it's just an archaic spelling of it.
For mythic elves, not for fantasy (I mean genre) elves.
>>
>>52012248
Yes, and?
That quote says nothing about Guilliman turning Imperium into some alliance.
it simply indicates his disgust at the current state of the Imperium.
>>
>>52012271
>Yes, and?
>Goldman literally decrying Imperial xenophobia and religion
>>
>>52012293

Religion, obviously. The Imperium was against that. But I don't see the xenophobia part.

I mean, it's not some SJW screed. Girlyman is rightfully pissed that everything went to shit after he was gone. Like, they're worse off in every possible way, and they never really recovered.
>>
>>52012336
>But I don't see the xenophobia part.
>hate, ignorance
>>
>>52012336
>Girlyman is rightfully pissed that everything went to shit after he was gone.
You mean after he abandon Imperium "gg losers, I am going to build my ownj Imperium"
>>
>>52012369
Imperial organizations fucking hate each other m8. Also, Ignorance is what fucking runs the Imperium.
Take a fucking look at the god damn admech.
>>
File: blown away by the power.gif (1011KB, 500x273px) Image search: [Google]
blown away by the power.gif
1011KB, 500x273px
>yfw Magnus was just acting according to the emperor's plans to destroy chaos from the inside and comes back to save the Imperium from the Girlyman impostor
>>
>>52012439
>Also, Ignorance is what fucking runs the Imperium.
So what?
>>
>>52012553
>So what?
Really? Thanks to ignorance we got incidents like IG regiments killing each other because one of them do no have the Cadian standard uniform, Space Marine Chapters exilied because a rookie inquisitor called heresy when it was only a local quirk coming from the astartes homeworld, priests not telling the difference between mutation for warp fuckery and mutation for adaptation to the world they came from, medicaes getting killed because they cured a nurglelite plague because the inquisitor declared it was xeno intervention instead of the medicae being that good, etc.
>>
>People ITT believe that describing 40K accurately and in the way it was conceived must be SJWs trying to get us

This level of autism is unprecedented, even for 40K fans.
>>
>>52012762
So, all things what makes Imperium interesting, attractive and huge should be removed?
>>
>>52012796
It's never going to be removed, you retard. Do you really think Guilliman is gonna manage to make every fucker like you in the Imperium happy, atheist and tolerant in one night ?
>>
>>52010328
That's like saying Antarctica would be a nice place if it wasn't so cold.
>>
>>52012795

/pol/ is leaking, again. They're the only people I've come across who unironically think the Imperium is anything but a hellhole.
>>
>fantasy trolls bitching about 40k advancing the plot, and now they want to jinx it

Stay mad faggots! Fantasy was bad and you should know it!
>>
>>52012816
>It's never going to be removed,
Says who..?
>Do you really think Guilliman is gonna manage to make every fucker like you in the Imperium happy, atheist and tolerant in one night ?
YTep, just like SIgmar who build social utopia with equal rights and tolerance.
>>
>>52012968
95% of it is, surely. Agriworlds are probably the most pleasant world to be born into as a lower class citizen, but even then you have to sign up for potential Astra Militarum service.
>>
>>52012999
>antasy was bad and you should know it!
So as all non-Ultramarines
>>
>>52010257

I think she is giving him her Halo. He doesn't seem to care for her gift though.
>>
>>52009719
Nah, he'll get over it and then start fixing stuff little by little with his Empire Building special rule.

First he'll reform the Administratum to be much, much, much more efficient.

Then he'll split the Ecclesiarchy and SoBs and give the latter more authority over the former and a little more independence.

Then he'll give the Space Marines a little more independence.

Then he'll give more standardized training programs to Imperial Guardsmen.

Then he'll order the creation of a Inquisitorial Ordo that will process all and every acts of Excommunication against various factions (like Space Marines) and see if these acts were valid.

Then he will make it so that the High Lords will be punished if they won't do their work properly.

Face it, he'll turn grimdark into nobledark with the help of the Space Marines.
>>
>>52012231
It should be interesting. Plus if Alpharius does come back, so does improved gene seed tech.
>>
>>52014107
We need a Vindicare Oswald to remove him before the Imperium get changed that way
>>
>>52014315
WRONG YA GIT! Wot ya need iz a proppa orky snipah.
>>
>>52014371
Ok I concede snipah Orkwald
>>
File: 1484273305862.jpg (510KB, 1021x993px) Image search: [Google]
1484273305862.jpg
510KB, 1021x993px
((((((Roboute Guilliman))))))
>>
>>52014315
No can do. Even the Officio Assassinorum would think of gunning after a loyalist Primarch to be suicidally stupid, stupidly suicidal, and unproductive on multiple levels. Because if that happened, then the Ultras, their successors, and the other First Founding Chapters and their successors would simply anally annihilate a lot of assholes. And the latter event shouldn't be done due to the fact that the Imperium is in a dire state and needs fixes ASAP.

>>52014414
Go to bed Lorgar, yer drunk.
>>
>>52011223
>Necessary? Yes.

It's not even necessary. It is very much evident that the horrific state of the Imperium is partially responsible for all the trouble mankind has.

It is not actually necessary to wage wars on all aliens. The Imperium does so anyway, out of religious fervour and xenophobia, wasting billions of human lives in the process and creating a war machine so vast it requires that humanity for the most part plunged into abject slavery for it to function.

It is not actually necessary that the Ecclesiarchy or or its rituals are observed. Most are stupid superstition or bureaucratic bullshit devised out of selfishness and greed.

It is not actually necessary that the Mechanicum or its rituals are observed. Again, they're 90% either superstitious hokey or red tape for the sake of red tape. Literally all they really do is obstruct mankind from greatness by turning technology into mysticism.

It is not necessary that people be forced into ignorance - it has been proven again and again and again in fluff that ignorance is the absolute worst defense against Chaos. Chaos got all its greatest champions by exploiting their ignorance.

You guys realize that DAoT mankind was flourishing without all this shit, right? The xenophobia is not necessary. The superstition is not necessary. The technological regressionism is not necessary. The only reason DAoT mankind got fucked was because they had no frame of reference or understanding of the wave of psykers that started popping up all over. Having means to police and deal with psykers does not have to equal living in an insane, wasteful, xenophobic, dystopia. The setting itself demonstrates this multiple times.

AN Imperium is necessary. The Imperium as it currently exists is not. If you think it is, you have misunderstood 40K completely. 40K, and specifically, the Imperium concept, is about mankind's flaws and the horrors of totalitarianism, not about how the poor humans dindu nuffin. It's us at our worst.
>>
>>52014434
Quality post
>>
>>52014434
spooks - the post
>>
>>52011558
None of the factions are the heroes. That is not the point of 40K.

A few rare individuals are heroic. Ciaphas Cain, for example, is a genuinely good guy stuck in the horrible soul-grinding profession of commissar. Prince Yriel is a genuine visionary stuck in a cabal of traditionalist worryworts. These people are the heroes, because they are not like the rest of 40K.

The forces that push at them, essentially the whole setting, are the villains.
>>
>>52014434
It's not the mechanicum that turned technology into mysticism, it has been mysterious ever since the age of strife
>>
>>52014738
And it has remained mysterious because they prefer to chant at things rather than actually figuring out how they work.
>>
>>52014762
The last time humanity knew exactly how all their toys worked, it ended in a violent machine rebellion that nearly wiped us out. The way it is now is an active shield from that happening again.
>>
>>52014547
Even Chaos Marines have their share of guys that aren't complete evil assholes, though all of them are Byronic Heroes.
>>
>>52014762
How do they do that though? It's not a case of "this is an exhaust. it vents gas from this place to there" nor is it a simple matter of "according to these schematics, it's this fuel pump that's broken".
Richard Feynman once said that it is different to know the name of something and to truly know something. And that's just it; they know the name of the things they operate, but they do not know what it is that they operate.
>>
>>52014797
No, it didn't. The Iron Men rebellion happened, but it didn't wipe mankind's civilization out. The erratic period of psyker ascension did.

Frankly, the Imperium fucks itself every single day thanks to its technological ignorance. It costs them millions of lives every day. It forces them to enslave billions to make up for it, meaning that for most of mankind, the Imperium is basically a living hell.

Even the Emperor didn't believe in technological regression. He intended to sweep aside the Mechanicus when their usefulness reached its end.
>>
>>52014952
You learn what you can by testing and analyzing things. You might not be able to fully understand, but you can apply what you've learned to make progress.

Innovation is necessary. Testing and creating is necessary. The Mechanicus slows it down so monumentally that the Imperium has not only changed little since the Great Crusade, but it's actually gone backwards in many areas.

The Mechanicus simply never applies what it has learned. Or it does so at such a moribund pace that it might as well not be.
>>
File: 1487706081623.jpg (198KB, 796x595px) Image search: [Google]
1487706081623.jpg
198KB, 796x595px
>>52014434
the imperium was founded on ignorance, dumb dumb

the emperor kept humanity ignorant of the primordial truth, kept his astartes ignorant of their eventual obsolescence and possible discarding, kept the primarchs ignorant and expected to use them like tools

the emperor cultivated ignorance in everything
>>
>>52015012
>You learn what you can by testing and analyzing things. You might not be able to fully understand, but you can apply what you've learned to make progress.
It's very hard to analyze what you cannot already understand. That's why philosophy is a thing.
>Innovation is necessary. Testing and creating is necessary.
I'm not arguing with you over the fact that the IoM is a giant bloated mess that would probably be better off if it shattered into a thousand smaller empires, but that's not the setting. Innovation always happen, but it is restricted to the current level of technological and scientific understanding, which in their case is at it's height adding and multiplication. Testing is the thing they have in droves, but creation falls to the same hurdle as innovation.
>The Mechanicus simply never applies what it has learned.
It doesn't learn. It is stuck in its place because it doesn't learn.

The one way any of this changes is if the IoM changed dramatically.
>>
>>52015052
>the emperor cultivated ignorance in everything

And look how that shit turned out.

Half his children fell to Chaos because they had no idea what it was. The Imperium produces more Chaos worshipers and cultists than any other power, precisely because its people don't even know there's a threat to be vigilant of.

Which Marine chapter is 100% free of Chaos taint and has never lost a member to corruption. GKs, who, in turns out, are extremely well tutored in demonology. They're more aware of Chaos than anyone else and they haven't lost a single member to it.
>>
>>52016968
>if we teach teenagers to have safe sex they will have safe sex

comparing god-humans like grey knights to common rabble mortals is dumb
>>
>>52017032
If it was about power, the Primarchs wouldn't have fallen, since each one of them is many many times more mighty than a Grey Knight.

But they did. Because they didn't know what the fuck they were dealing with.
>>
>>52009719

Why am I still here? Just to suffer? Every night, I can feel my throat... And my neck... even my tendons... The body I've lost... the brothers I've lost... won't stop hurting... It's like they're all still there. You feel it, too, don't you? I'm going to make them give back our Imperium!
>>
>>52014959
And as it turns out, literally worshiping your machines and being 100% convinced they have spirits residing within them saves millions of lives a day from the combined belief of humanity causing the laws of physics to be fudged in their favor.
>>
>>52017230
They also weren't ubiquitously potent psykers who have sigils of protection inscribed on their bones.
>>
>>52014738

The machine cult itself holds its origin in the dark age of technology.
>>
>>52011953
Pretty much this.
>>
>>52009719
the very same day gulliman awoke was the same day he developed a uncontrollable drinking problem
>>
>>52017575
Sure, that's true, though each Primarch should really have the willpower to resist this sort of stuff as well as anyone with those inscriptions.

But anyway, there's still Sisters of Battle. Over the years since their founding, billions have served the Imperium, with full knowledge of the Ruinous Powers, but the number to have willingly converted to Chaos worship can be counted on one hand.
>>
>>52018370
>but the number to have willingly converted to Chaos worship can be counted on one hand.

I thought there's never been a Sister of Battle that's fallen to Chaos? Or am I forgetting someone?
>>
>>52018370
The problem is that ruinous powers are actually seductive, they promise to give you what you want to draw you in. We've seen what happens when nobles decide to go full hedonism or warlords start worshiping khaine. Now imagine if every lonely virgin in the galaxy knew the god of pleasure could be invoked to summon a succubus into their basement or every downtrodden individual who has a dick boss knew they could worship khorne and gain the power to beat them to death with their own spine. Imagine if every parent with a sickly child knew the god of plague could save them or every scientist or politician knew they could just invoke the god of forbidden knowledge and schemes to give them new ideas or the position they desire. The emperor is already strained operating the golden throne and handing out the occasional living-sainthood, the chaos gods are always there and they're always willing to promise you what you desire if you but take them into your heart.
>>
>>52018538
Mirael Sabbatiel.
>>
WHEN WILL VULKAN RETURN?
>>
File: 1481058149589.png (50KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1481058149589.png
50KB, 500x500px
>>52009719
FFS I love my broken empire you fucking Marie Sue, don't you dare try to fix it
>>
File: Dude looks like a lady.png (134KB, 272x205px) Image search: [Google]
Dude looks like a lady.png
134KB, 272x205px
>>52009719
Why does he have woman breasts?
>>
>>52018831
>girlyman
>>
>>52018831
Such armor was very popular among the Greeks.
>>
>>52018831
I don't think you know what breastplate with female breasts looks like.
>>
>>52009719
Is GW turning him into Punished Guilliman? This could turn out a lot better than I expected if they're going down that route.
>>
>>52018996
Has this really been worn in battle? Seems like it would just deflect a blade INTO the chest.
>>
>>52009719
>it's better that humanity be dead slaves of the powers of chaos than to survive to fight another day
really makes you think
>>
>>52010381
Underrated post if there ever was one.

Saved.
>>
>>52018370
>>52018666
> but the number to have willingly converted to Chaos worship can be counted on one hand.

You know Mirael Sabbatiel being the only willingly fallen sister is just from a fan story, right?
>>
>>52018370
>, but the number to have willingly converted to Chaos worship can be counted on one hand.

Untrue.

Sisterfags are lying cunts. It's been confirmed that sisters have fallen to Chaos plenty of times. The whole "willingly" crap was a cancerous lie that spread around the web. The fluff makes no such commentary about willingness or not when it comes to Chaos because it doesn't matter.

Now please die in fire sisterfag.
>>
>>52019143
She is from old card game and Black Library story.
>>
>>52019104
perfect! now just make the armor 4 times as thick between the boobs and you will be invincible
>>
>>52019237

Yes she is mentioned in a short story. In the story a Canoness believes a sister cannot fall, in the end she was wrong.
>>
>>52019237
Which doesn't say anything about her being the only anything.
>>
>>52019243
I see no flaw in that plan.
>>
>>52014107
Don't think that a standardized training regimen is good for the Imperial guard when they have to deal with what they've got and their threats are so different depending on their enemies and operating theaters.
>>
>>52019917
This. The actual Guard regiments themselves aren't the problem, it's the pants on head retarded bureaucracy behind getting them to the appropriate warzone and then keeping them properly supplied that lets them down.
>>
>>52012795
Leftwing people deliberately misinterpreting 40k has been going on on /tg/ for a decade.
Stupid sjw fucks think 40k is fascist propaganda and can only talk about it from "Marxist perspective"
>>52012968
You keep repeating this lie over and over ITT. No one says that, what you are claiming but are too much of a maggot to speak clearly is the Imperium is not a morale "good" Empire because you are a dumb as fuck commie triggered by non-marxist systems.
>>
>>52010270
You actually believe the regime is good? The urony of 40k is everyone is fucking evil. Even the mary sue Tau empire is fucking evil
>>
>>52011404
>>
Not everyone plays hyper competitive 1850 point games, many people just play lower point games.
>>
>>52019969
>The actual Guard regiments themselves aren't the problem, it's the pants on head retarded writers

FTFY.

I'll never forget how whoever wrote the Tau codex said that the Imperial Guard response to Tau artillery wasn't crushing counterbattery fire, but rather a general infantry assault to "drive back Tau artillery spotters".
>>
>>52021744
>many people just play lower point games.
Then you are doing it wrong, since 6th adn 7th editions designed for 1500+ games
>>
>>52021864
>a general infantry assault to "drive back Tau artillery spotters

What? That makes no sense. What the fuck where they thinking?
>>
>>52021742
>continually claims people are saying things they are not saying.
Dumb fucking troll.
>>
>>52022527
Well what the fuck else is he supposed to think if someone's saying that the Imperium isn't bad due to its own actions?

The Age of Apostasy, just to use one example, was entirely Imperial. There were no xenos and no Chaos involved, it was just a common-or-garden civil war (albeit on a galactic scale). Now look at the heinous shit Vandire pulled.

All that shit is on the Imperium's head. It's why they called so many crusades afterwards, to repent.

Yes, the rest of the galaxy is a shithole, but that does NOT absolve the Imperium.
>>
>>52010889

Comprehension is not your friend.
>>
File: foreword.png (398KB, 334x561px) Image search: [Google]
foreword.png
398KB, 334x561px
>>52011249
>>52011265

>It's not even a regime
>When people are too stupid to read the fucking prologue to the entire setting

It's repeated in literally every rulebook and novel you utter mongs. That there are people that still can't grasp the most basic essence of 40k is baffling.
>>
>>52014434

He's right you know.
>>
File: 1399426986209.jpg (18KB, 236x342px) Image search: [Google]
1399426986209.jpg
18KB, 236x342px
>>52010270
This has to be bait. No man is this dumb...
>>
File: Mentaly challenged Ogryn.jpg (55KB, 680x465px) Image search: [Google]
Mentaly challenged Ogryn.jpg
55KB, 680x465px
>>52011334
>Why does /tg/ still have a hateboner for GW
Because this cunt still works for them?
Thread posts: 318
Thread images: 24

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.