[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Familiars and magical companions

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 2

File: image.jpg (66KB, 500x333px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
66KB, 500x333px
Right now making up a bunch of familiars because the campaign will soon have the players seek support from the spiritual realm.

What are some ideas you guys have? what is a good balance for giving one to a party consisting of 2 warriors and a spellsword?
>>
>>52008268
Give 'em some familiars that are big, fast, and harmless; have them act as magic mounts or something.
>>
>>52008290
>Big
>Fast
>Harmless

how boring. any horse could do that without the harmless part
>>
>>52008326
Give 'em wings and utility abilities, then.
>>
Play up the fact that they're from another dimension. They almost certainly have some sort of ulterior motive.

Have them do inexplicable things, or require some seemingly innocuous payment from the PCs with a sinister undertone.

The warrior's familiar carries a bottle around. Whenever he wounds a human it does 1 less damage and the bottle fills with some shimmering red quintessence. He plays coy when you ask him what it is or what will happen when it's full.
>>
>>52008268
Give the warriors a snarky sophisticated talking book with spell slots to even the odds.
>>
>>52008268
They all get magical, tactical cepholapods to make up for a weakness in their character.
>>
File: Wolf rider.jpg (15KB, 236x341px) Image search: [Google]
Wolf rider.jpg
15KB, 236x341px
>>52008268
Wolves that are big enough to ride like horses, but are also very friendly and cuddly. Mounts are always useful, and big puppy mounts are fun.

Maybe you could also give them familiars that represent some aspect of their personality. I know, that's really vague. Nothing specific springs to mind right now, especially since I don't know anything about your party.

Alternatively, you could just ask them what they'd like to have and give it to them (within reason). If they're going to get the familiars by actively seeking help, I imagine the spirits will probably ask them that question anyway.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.