[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/jrp/ -- Japanese Tabletop RPG General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 162
Thread images: 32

File: tumblr_n9hcbpuTe21twpquio2_500.png (732KB, 439x625px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n9hcbpuTe21twpquio2_500.png
732KB, 439x625px
The /jrp/ Trove: https://mega.nz/#F!KA1DHRRL!MGkoDoBdnehHG7D2iXOwXQ

Discord for gamefinding and further discussion: https://discord.gg/kqbVcG3

Kamigakari shit that's not in the mega
http://www.mediafire.com/file/183vmgy8b3w1uj3/Kamigakari.rar

http://pastebin.com/u/RoyalTeaRed- Extras
------
Anyway come discuss all sorts of things about Japanese rpgs

To the anon who released the grancrest splat stuff, will you ever get around to dropping a translated summoner? Cuz I find myself very much annoyed at the extra rules doc describing how summoning works but no summoner class included in the spreadsheets of the extra classes.
>>
So when is shinobigami coming out?
>>
>>52007821
thanks or the links, OP.
>>
>>52008010
Soon.
>>
So is Double Cross's localization just dead?

And if so, did AmyV kill it?
>>
>>52011694
>So is Double Cross's localization just dead?
Yes, it is. No, it's not a big loss.

>And if so, did AmyV kill it?
Who?
>>
>>52011694
I want to say yes? But honestly I haven't kept up with the drama enlighten me.
>>
I got raws of the meikyuu kingdom splat featured in the OP image and of a replay that features some additional rules like religion rules and playing as a monster pc

https://www.dropbox.com/s/uhsz7avkwoeg8d4/kwality%20scans.7z?dl=0
Here's the link to Baroque campaign

And there's the link to the replay
https://www.dropbox.com/s/gi50ruzq8jd5pq7/mayokin%20apocalypse%20maiden%20replay.7z?dl=0
>>
>>52007821
Grancrest splat anon here. I've fallen out of love with Grancrest, so I'm not translating anything else for it. Sorry.
>>
>been planning meikyuu kingdom game for a while
>finally a thread pops up
>can't remember any of my numerous, very specific questions about how the game actually works
fucking christ please kill me
>>
>>52015364
That's fine but why the hell did you bother listing the two different summoning types and shit and not include the summoner class itself
>>
>>52015417
Ask away.

I have run many games and feel rather comfortable with answering questions.
>>
>>52015472
I had every intention, at the start, to translate literally everything for Grancrest. And so I started with the rules, because I need context for when I'm translating what interacts with those rules.

Unfortunately, Mages require a lot of extra work due to their spells (they have only slightly less skills than non-Mages, but then two entire branches of Magic each). Then Summoner, well. Summoner has spells, and then enemy data to go with those spells, and then the second branch also uses Projection Items, which requires even more data. I just scanned it all in, it's 42 pages of data (less like 5 or so for rules explanations of that data).

Also, here's those 42 pages.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/g45g16692cg76fp/Grancrest_Summoner_Raws.rar
>>
>>52016161
Thanks for the raws.
>>
>>52015494
Dude, post dungeon maps, or tell us stories, or something.
>>
>>52017589
let me see if I got my maps around.

Stories I can tell.
>>
File: MAP.png (533KB, 1031x1606px) Image search: [Google]
MAP.png
533KB, 1031x1606px
This is one of maps that I have reused a lot of times because why not. It's got a decent mix of traps and fighting for a first encounter more or less. As you can there's a lot of stuff to collect and it's very Monte hallish with all this shiny crap.

It's intentional since the way how I run it is to rush past like the first 3 levels and then slow down a bit. The reason for that being that I want players to have fun starting their planned builds due to the skill system being 1 skill per level and having 2 levels lets them starting dipping into their job's skill tree what not and also the items and extra money lets them start having fun with building the facilities since I also gave a generous sum of cash at the end of this session. the other reason for rushing up several levels is also so I can design more elaborate dungeons, use more monsters, and more traps etc.

Anyways the set-up for this is pretty simple:
>OC Donut steel of Gordon Ramsey pops up
>Tells the court about his credentials and fantastic search for cooking exotic stuff
>Tells them about this ancient ruin that's like a self-sustained agricultural facility underground.
>Said facility has amazing shit in it that he'd like to access but can't because monsters
>party enters and conquers it gaining some phat lewt,territory with some farms, monster citizens, and their first prodigy/talent

Anyways I'm gonna find my other map and tell you the story of the one time I almost TPK'd my group trying to give the knight a challenge.
>>
>>52015364
>I've fallen out of love with Grancrest
Care to elaborate why?
>>
>>52020234
Mind it's all just my opinion, but the system design isn't very interesting to me. At first it seemed interesting, but I was in sort of a new shiny phase with JRPGs, I suppose. After playing two campaigns out to level 7, however, the math progressively starts to break down. Paladins and Undead become completely unkillable, and by extension, so does the party (if you have one of those anyway, which you probably will). The Paladin in one game could get defenses up to around 80 if allowed, and that was before Radiant Shield Wall epic use. So in order to threaten the tank at all, you needed to make enemies that could one shot, and I mean "past near dead 3" any other character.

Moreover the other sort of boring design elements got to me. For example in that Summoner raws .rar, the second skill Summoners get access to is a skill that gives them +1D on the hit checks for their Instant Summons. It has a max level of 5. Why? Because at level 5, you get another +1D for a total of +2D! So... you have to sink four levels of abilities into it before it even gives you some other effect. It's a weird way to have 'dead levels--in the skills themselves.

Mass combat feels clunky and not well implemented. It's not likely enemies will actually be able to knock a PC down, particularly when there's a Paladin or Undead at play, so their Morale just tanks straight away. PCs can get away with not having a Lord dedicate some of her skill picks to mass combat morale stuff, enemies cannot.

The Chaos level mechanic feels like it's under used. Despite the fact there's nothing in the game preventing a Mage from jacking the Chaos total up to 10, which is apparently 'never before been recorded', this has absolutely no downside. Enemies, even Chaos enemies, are not affected by this at all. Moreover, Lords using their abilities don't purge Chaos levels. The mechanic feels like it's just... there.

There's next to no GM support, as well.
>>
>>52018512
Well I wish I had my map for this session but eh.
Right so the story of the near tpk.

My party consisted of the king, knight, vizier, ninja, and priest. The king was the scholar (doctor), vizier was a dagger wielding summoner that would occasionally crit like a god, ninja was a chef who rolled like crap, priest was doing the laser cleric build and was a hunter? Then there was the knight who's job was the warrior I think and who became the combat beast.

My knight player is on a roll constantly as she murders her way through most encounters using the carnage skill and her great sword. And I'm not having any of that as I want the combat to not be so auto piloted. As my players fell into a very comfortable routine where my King would use monsterology on like the biggest cluster of enemies, vizier might uses minor shift maybe to bring in an extra enemy into the cluster and the knight charges and uses carnage to mow down. It was beautifully efficient but a bit too automated for my tastes. So I set to make a harder dungeon that would noticeably make it harder for the knight to carry so much.

So I begin to consult the book to see what monsters and traps I'd use to make a challenging scenario. For those not familiar with Meikyuu the Gm' section has a handy chart called the "threat placement table" which gives a recommendations based on player amount and average level about monsters, traps, boss level, and boss room mooks. So I saw the where my players were and I saw that 9 was like the highest level recommended for the boss. So I smiled smugly and began to prepare my session thinking about how I'd set it up.
>What could go possibly wrong
>Protip:It does

TBC.

>>52020427
So is this something that if you like the concept/fuff you port into like GURPS or something?
>>
>>52020510
Yeah, I'd say so.

Oh, and also even though Grancrest is getting *an entire anime adaptation* they haven't updated their FAQ or errata since May 2015. Their email to send in questions is even shut down. So, yeah.
>>
>>52020427
Looks like my intuition was spot-on then.
After I got over the initial "This looks super interesting" phase, I got the feeling there was something off about the system.
>>
>>52020536
That's pretty weird considering that like isn't the rpg part of the LN's merch? You'd think they might be trying to crank out a new ed. Also disappointing about system falling apart later but not terribly surprised given how many skills with dead levels and shit. Shame about mass combat I really liked how your skills would "scale" into mass combat so like that big AoE arrow rain now becomes a sun blotting army killing rain of arrows.

I'd still play grancrest but probably not as a very long term deal, I wonder if there's a way to do the crunch better so it's not as clunky and boring?

>>52020510
Anyway back to storytime.

So first things first and that is to see the what monster is the boss is gonna be. So I flip around the pages trying to find a level 9 monster and just for the sake of something that looked cool I flip through the scans of the raws of meikyuu for the art and find the Monoceros, which is a rad metallic rhinoceros. Statwise it's pretty beastly as it sports a solid stat block with high health, good defense and plenty of nasty skills such as: being able to hit someone one space back, a charge, and cortex which I thought would be good at slowing down the knight from re-enacting her human blender act.

With boss chosen I get down to make my map and scenario. The story is simple and is pretty much ripped from monster hunter; the monoceros is rampaging and this neighboring town failed to contain it and now its in the swamp filled with monsters. Players are tasked with rescuing the scattered soldiers who failed to trap it in the swamp and then kill it. New monsters are introduced with status effects particularly the monsters with poison such as the fungusaur and giant bat. I also used treants, a wolfpack, and fireflies to round out the hostile encounters. The monceros had an entourage of horselizards because it had become their -drome.

I think I'm hitting char limit so I'll be back after dinner to post more of the story
>>
>>52020814
Trapwise it's nothing but pits and a teleporter, with pits represent the pit traps that failed to capture the monoceros. The telerporter is just to help them rush to the boss zone without need to waste time moving about. Now n spite of me selecting a boss that kinda works against the knight I was so unmerciful to let them go at it without some help. I had intended for my priest to get a hold of some armor piercing bullets for use and for the the party to find a trap encyclopedia to use against the boss.

So the party enters the swamp and stuff is going is pretty fine, fights are a bit more trickier with status effects and some monsters are just tougher to take down which prevents the carnage spam. Items are found, traps discovered, soldiers rescued. Monsters are cooked in special meals due to the ninja chef (The chef gimmick is fun and also leads to a house rule of stacking items just so they can play with monster meal effects) I was excited once they got the final solider who basically teleported them to the penultimate chamber and gave them the trap book.

And I'm gonna dump the last half next post so I can be done with this.
>>
File: bruh.jpg (101KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
bruh.jpg
101KB, 1600x900px
And now for some mood music: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cYuyWqp_4Dw

Combat start and the monsters go first due to the boss which is no biggy. Party starts doing their routine with the knight charging and those horselizard were mincemeat. Now comes the real challenge, the monceros. Predictably the cortex effect dampens most if not all damage into plinks. A futile struggle begins as they're not hitting the to hits and their damage obviously is limited. I encourage the priest to shoot the damn monster with the AP bullet but not only does he miss he also fumbles the roll to keep it after use. King uses the trap encyclopedia to put it asleep I believe which lets the party wail on it. Anyway the rhino wakes and it becomes my turn to attack. The party is playing defensively with their positioning. Everyone but the vizier is hanging back. Knight obviously is in deep against the rhino and is also the only one in range for attack. The monoceros grunts and majestically lowers its head. It's a charge attack but with what happens next.

I roll the dice and get boxcars
>vague feeling that this is a bad idea floats in
roll on crit chart and get a knockback effect
>Still think this can't get too bad. Time for damage roll!
>17
>[panic intensifies]
Knights players blown the fuck out as despite her armor the character.
"Well at least she has the wound chart to see if she can.."
>rolls a 3 and fails the quest check
>dies
>FUCK
And then we all start panicking.
>>
File: C5T8Eg4VYAEeK9x.jpg (25KB, 584x263px) Image search: [Google]
C5T8Eg4VYAEeK9x.jpg
25KB, 584x263px
>>52022529
At this point the game screeches to a halt because in spite of the rerolls with drive she fails her rolls, feeling that it would be too dickish to have the character die I fiat the character to be Ko'd or some shit and this conversation involving gm fiat and trying to give her a bunch of rerolls to not die takes like five minutes to go through. Anyway t this point it's time for plan B. And plan B is to pin all hopes on the vizier using his daggers to crit the damn thing, and if that was to fail plan c would be trying to crit it again and possibly burning voice of the people until they win or die.

So vizier saunted up to the monoceros and shanks the bastard and low and behold he gets that fucking 11 which is all he needs to trigger the crit chart.
>Rolls dice
gets a 9
>"You've knocked your enemy to the brink of death. Instead of dealing damage, you may reduce the target's HP to 1d6
Everyone gets hype and I play some hype music on roll20's jukebox back before it got neutered. Also around this time frame we were arguing over who'd get the monster skill from lunch and at this very moment it's decide vizer gets it and the skill to be used is Poison blow.
>vizier rolls a 1
The hype further intensifies and due to the attack being a crit I rule that the monoceros gets poisoned and then after the vizier ends his turn I have it take the point of damage killing it and thus ending the fight before it kills the vizier. We're all very much happy he managed with a last minute clutch.

All hail the vizier chosen one of RNGesus!

The End.

So yeah I totally learned my lesson to not try and force a high level monster in an effort to prevent a player from dominating too heavily in combat. Holy shit that was dumb a thing to do.
>>
>>52022529
>>52022627
fucking lol
I love it
>>
>>52022640
Well nice to know my tale amused someone.

Also hoping the raws get eventually translated. The baroque campaign gimmick with the train gimmick seems interesting and fun and the replay material seems neat as well.
>>
please live to tomorrow
will meikyuu kingdom's fluff, especially monster flavor text, ever find a kind soul to translate it?
some of those monsters are goddamn bizarre
>>
>>52024023
I met a translator working with Bouken Planning Service at Spiel Essen and he hinted that something official was in the works, so you might get your fluff that way.
As for fan translations, I wouldn't hold my breath. Mechanics are infinitely easier to translate than fluff and much more important for playing, so translating fluff is a rather thankless endeavor.

Most of the monsters are loosely based on various mythologies, others on really bad puns.
If you have any particular monsters you want to know about, I may be able to give some answers.
>>
>>52024880
Was this the translation to be done by Goons?
Cuz that fell apart rather badly.

On the other hand if it's a new try than that's cool. Hopefully when it's inevitably on kickstarter they can do all the supplementary rules
>>
>>52026965
>Goons
Who?
>>
>>52027075
In 2013 there was an announcement that meikyuu would get translated by this company called Lanternworks unlimited. These people were users of Something Awful and hung in the same thread Andy K and Ewen Cluney did . This user of the name aldantefox was spearheading it seems and also posted here talking about their translation job.
>>
>>52027210
I know about Lanternworks Unlimited. No, nobody at the Bouken Planning Service stand seems to have even heard of them.

Why did you use "Goons", capitalized no less?

>>52011694
Still curious as to who "AmyV" is.
>>
>>52027253
>haven't heard of them

>This exists
http://www.bouken.jp/s13/images/press_release2013_Lanternworks.pdf

What's going on
>>
>>52027253
>Why did you use "Goons", capitalized no less?
"Goons" are what the people on the Something Awful forums call themselves. It's supposed to be vaguely self-depreciating.
>>
>>52027286
Any number of reasons.

>change of staff
>unwillingness to admit such a blunder
>just plain forgot about it after three years of silence

>>52027995
Okay. How do you expect people outside of that insular community to know?
>>
>>52028158
>being this new to the internet
>>
>>52022627
Nice story, but I would highly recommend against fudging deaths. If they don't want to lose progress, they had better build a Bar.
>>
>>52030717
>reading comprehension
>>
>>52030913
>basic communication ability
>>
>>52031182
>greentext
>>
File: beast 2 font8877.png (337KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
beast 2 font8877.png
337KB, 816x1056px
Hopeful bump attempt
>>
Keeping this thread alive because I still want to know what the hell >>52011694 meant.
>>
>>52033608
Those look way better than mine.
Do you have a full set?
>>
>>52027995
Their community's long history of promoting sexual abuse is also really worth remarking on.

http://somethingsensitive.com/index.php?topic=1398.0
>>
File: fairy 1.png (330KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
fairy 1.png
330KB, 816x1056px
>>52033969
No set, just making them myself as best I can with the paint dot net program
Which is also why the text box font sizes keep changing
>please let me post, I promise this isn't spam
>>
>>52034175

I really should sit down and read this book so I can run a game. It seems like a blast.
>>
>>52034620
I'm told it's fun and some silly, but I've frontloaded all this work, and now I'm too anxious for when I actually get to run it.
>>
File: img226.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img226.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
So can someone tell me what the skill in the picture does?

And also is it basically this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EkIJYrjUYyQ ?
>>
>>52034886
When your husbando/waifu deals damage to someone you can spend 1 hope to move to the area that they are in and make an attack against the same character.

Yes, it is basically that video.
>>
>>52035642
Neat! Are there any checks or is it just spend the point and warp in to attack?
>>
File: img220.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img220.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
Anyway I'm gonna dump the pertinent pages of the marriage section just in case anyone else is curious.
>>
File: img221.jpg (666KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img221.jpg
666KB, 2460x4019px
>>
File: img222.jpg (640KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img222.jpg
640KB, 2460x4019px
>>
File: img223.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img223.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
>>
File: img224.jpg (702KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img224.jpg
702KB, 2460x4019px
>>
File: img225.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img225.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
And done.

I'd repost page 226 for neatness but I can't.
>>
File: 685087907ef565686a58db31f87eab16.png (393KB, 1280x960px) Image search: [Google]
685087907ef565686a58db31f87eab16.png
393KB, 1280x960px
http://www.pixiv.net/novel/show.php?id=7782855

Someone made a basic Kemono Friends themed system here it seems.
>>
>>52037107
My heart wouldn't be able to survive one session
>>
>>52036352
Do they really expect you to rotate the book constantlly to read it
>>
>>52036352
Are the marriage rules from the replay book that was put up?
>>
>>52037400
To my knowledge, that one thing came from a replay. The actual Meikyuu books are really big to have room enough to all point the right way. Replays are way smaller books.
>>
File: facility TNR9.png (14KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
facility TNR9.png
14KB, 816x1056px
Here's a blank page for Facilities for Meikyuu Kingdom.
Does anyone have any props, like monster tokens, or trap tokens, or anything at all to improve an in-person game?
Or maybe some advice or rules or something to keep immediately handy, besides what's already on character sheets?
>>
File: img227.jpg (815KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img227.jpg
815KB, 2460x4019px
>>52037418
Yes. The replay has more rules and they consist of many thing which I'll list along with a summary gleaned from a
You got rules for: marriage which was shown and also includes something about descendants, religion, holding festivals, a magic subsystem, and monster pcs

https://translate.google.com/translate?sl=auto&tl=en&js=y&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&u=https%3A%2F%2Fwww18.atwiki.jp%2Fmakeyou_kingdom%2Fpages%2F88.html&edit-text=&act=url gives some more elaboration.

Also I'm gonna start dumping the magic section just in the off chance someone can read the sections and give some sort of overview on how it even operates. Interestingly enough there's another expansion of the magic with Baroque Campaign if the title of "cantrip" can be trusted.

>>52037400
It's what >>52037425 said. The book is rather small and any cards tend to be positioned sideways to fit into the pages.

>>52038459
I use coins, toys, and small snack foods as proxies for units on the battle mat. Snacks are best proxies cuz you can eat the dead units. Also for offline gaming I tend to bring a fat stack of printed out sections of the rules separated into different units for ease of reading. Now that there's cards with the translated text on them I'm thinking about using them but I'm kinda worried about some of the more NFSW type art especially the fucking lamia that has a dude licking her tit.
>>
>>52038673
>Now that there's cards with the translated text on them
Link, please
>>
File: img228.jpg (773KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img228.jpg
773KB, 2460x4019px
>>52038689
Not mine and they're nowhere set in stone due to minor edits happening. With that caveat out of the way: mega:#!bMhggTRJ!csfxlvFWnwLeHkzzHBee_5LF07rnQqZ1k3Q3Y0LxEAU
>>
File: img229.jpg (760KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img229.jpg
760KB, 2460x4019px
>>52038713
>>
>>52038713
Holy shit, thank you
>>
File: img230.jpg (686KB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img230.jpg
686KB, 2460x4019px
>>52038737
The magic section is by far the longest chunk of the additional rules in the replay with the monster pc section being second.

>>52038823
you're welcome
>>
File: img231.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img231.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
>>52038847
>>
File: img232.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img232.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
>>52038877
Mmm dub dubs

And now we get to these spell cards which look like some madlibs stuff with these blanks to fill.
>>
File: img233.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img233.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
>>52038912
And one more page of cards before the magic section ends and the religion section begins.
>>
File: img234.jpg (1MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img234.jpg
1MB, 2460x4019px
>>52038941
>>
>>52038713
Speaking of minor edits:
Think I should add a border around the images? So far, I haven't bothered to add anything but the images and the data.
>>
>>52040068
sure, however I'd think you should re-edit the item cards as they are currently a mess with regards to the materials listed.

The translation of the meikyuu gives material lists if applicable to items so you can craft them. The cards list materials but it doesn't specify if it's for crafting or not and secondly if those are the crafting costs they look incorrect and don't match the book. For example Excalibur in the book has no mat listing because it can only be obtained from adventures but in the cards it lists meat in the mats which doesn't make a whole lot of sense.
>>
>>52040111
I just took the text from the translation and put it on cards. If you have a list of corrections, I'll work it in.
>>
>>52040145
Okay, I take that back.
An error snuck into my nandeck script and it accidentally used the material entries from the regular item for the rare items. Will fix that presently.
>>
>>52040111
Here's the updated link:
https://mega.nz/#!TcY3iaYJ!3JzQS0AbjdNHgzQ0Yz25_QoJrT7XudHk-ZWK5ZCHD98
>>
File: mk_kingdom_ressya_sheet.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
mk_kingdom_ressya_sheet.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>52040780
thanks. I'll make a list of things to edit some time late.

Also pic is the new kingdom shit you use for the module in Baroque Campaign.
>>
>>52042082
A train? Is this some Metro Khan business?
>>
>>52037107
I want to ironically play this
>>
File: img070.pdf (3MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
img070.pdf
3MB, 1x1px
>>52042716
Possibly. The scenario has you going on a dungeon road trip which uses an organic locomotive monster to pull your carriages which also are your kingdom's territory.

I'm gonna dump two pages that preface the scenario and hopefully someone can tell us if those two explain the gimmick better and hopefully to can be reused to create a more challenging variant where you need to be absolute in what facilities you want.
>>
File: img071.pdf (2MB, 1x1px) Image search: [Google]
img071.pdf
2MB, 1x1px
>>52042969
>>
File: Bump.jpg (655KB, 1488x2079px) Image search: [Google]
Bump.jpg
655KB, 1488x2079px
>>
File: img115.jpg (2MB, 2460x4019px) Image search: [Google]
img115.jpg
2MB, 2460x4019px
I wonder what item combo would be best for a whip sword.

Anyway in case the two pages don't give info on how to use the train here's a link with two pages at the beginning of the splat.
https://my.mixtape.moe/fwyyyd.pdf

Also reason why the pages are pdf is this was my first scan and I thought it would be better to have pages as individual pdfs as I would be merging them into a single pdf.

Anyway I gotta go, and hopefully I can get answers to my choo choo stuff
>>
Giant Allege when?

I'm still waiting
>>
>>52047255
You misspelled Gundam Senki.
>>
>>52047255
The heck is that?
>>
>>52047255

I'm still waiting for Colossal Hunter. That looks amazing.
>>
>>52049578
PvP dice game where you play as lawyers in post-apocalyptic Australia who solved court cases with giant robot fights

>>52047636
I mean it might be cool but on the other hand it's still Mekton Zeta which itself needs to be ditched or fixed from the ground up
>>
>>52049989
Yeah I'm looking forward to play it. From the looks of it looks like a more socially acceptable version of nechronica with a neat gimmick of the battle field being different levels of the monster you're fighting
>>
>>52049989
>Colossal Hunter
Never heard of this. Give me some info/website links.
>>
>>52049989
Is the translation of that progressing?
>>
>>52054851
I think it's like monster hunter but in a post-apoc sci-fi setting and also you turn into a monster if you gass out or something
>>
>>52055086
No translation seems to be happening atm.
>>
>>52055506
Huh. I thought I heard someone mention it in the Kamigakari thread. Oh well.
>>
>>52055542
The book has been bought and scanned, but we currently do not have anyone actively working on its translation.
>>
>>52042082
I'd appreciate if you could give me that list sooner, rather than later, because I need to print and prep those cards for Saturday.
>>
Up off page 10.
>>
>>52054851
http://www.4gamer.net/games/360/G036090/20161021079/
>>
>>52059768
Well that's not gonna be doable for me. Although hopefully someone else can help with that
>>
File: beast 1.png (336KB, 816x1056px) Image search: [Google]
beast 1.png
336KB, 816x1056px
these are standard card size, and sit happily in M:tG sleeves
>>
What would be an appropriate censor to place on the snake lady getting her tit licked?
>>
Anons,

what is the term in Japanese for games like Ryuutama and Golden Sky Stories? I know there's supposed to be a proper category for "Comfy" RPGs... Or maybe I'm just nuts.
>>
>>52068604
Honobono!
>>
>>52068774
Ta Anon.
>>
>>52068774
What's it called when you run it in an edgy and subversive manner for laughs?
>>
>>52069237
"Deconstruction"
>>
>>52069272
But deconstruction is pretentious and I'm trying to make it funny by having it be edgy and shit.
>>
>>52069371
Too bad, people will still call it deconstruction
>>
>>52068017
I'm probably just going to put a convenient white line across the card
>>
>>52069383
Even though it has nothing to do with deconstruction.
"Deconstruction" is a meme at this point. Nobody cares what it actually means, but it sounds nice and meaningful.
>>
>>52069579
I appreciate the effort cuz I like the game and want to play with people but like that one card is like a bit too porny compared to other cards in spite of nudity and like sexualized art
>>
Discord invite is dead
>>
>>52070809
What kind of people are you playing with, that one single nipple is such a massive problem?
>>
>>52072235
Normal people. Also it's not casual nudity you disingenuous fuck, it's a picture of snake lady getting sweat licked off her tit while she looks on in anticipation which is way more overtly sexual compared to other pics.

Like after getting a group to play with you by selling it as a humerous dungeon crawler with parodic elements a picture of a snake lady getting her tit licks is like out of left field with how porny it is which clashes with the sort of goofy atmosphere of the game.
>>
>>52073186
First, it's not a purely comedic family game. It's lighthearted alright, but that does not mean it cannot contain anything weird, unusual or potentially uncomfortable.

Second, covering up a nipple does not change the sexual nature of a monster, that both in fluff and mechanics only exists to drain adventurers after luring them in through attraction and sex appeal. If you have problems with a literal sex monster, maybe you might want to leave it completely out of your game, rather than just cover up its nipple.
>>
File: Lamia.png (316KB, 579x415px) Image search: [Google]
Lamia.png
316KB, 579x415px
>>52073482
I didn't say family game you mong, I'm talking about fucking playing with people who aren't inured to anime tits & ecchi type shit. Nor is it just a fucking nipple being flashed but rather some dude licking her tit. Also I want to say to go fuck yourself for mentioning fluff when none of the flavor text on any of these cards is translate and final fuck you for your idiocy make me turn into goddamn puritan.

Yeah the monster is sexual due to the crunch involving seduction, and the added folklore of it being seductress on top of it being a literally cursed baby eating monster. However unlike you I don't live in a cloistered circlejerk of mythological literate weebs who's brains are fucking melted from all the media they've consumed. So having a picture of snake lady getting her tits tongue-bathed might be potentially off putting and derailing to the group of randos assembled to play an exotic orientale game from the distant lands of nippon who sensibilities might not be used to such shit.
>>
>>52073766
If you could rephrase that post without all the incoherent and nonsensical insult slinging intended to disguise your lack of an argument, I could properly address what problem you actually do have.

In any case, that is not a lamia. The Japanese name unequivocally indentifies that monster as a succubus, i.e. literal sex monster. The English name is, like so many others in that book, a mistranslation. And my point still stands that, if you can't handle a sex monster in your game, you can simply leave it out.
>>
>>52070809
No prob, bro.
>>
>>52075059
>>52073482
Yeah, if they saw this shit at the FLGS, you'd get booted.
>>
>>52075833
dubs confirm
>>
>>52075833
So?
>>
>>52064607
Doesn't seem like it.
Guess I'll just print them as is.
>>
any jap game worth playing that is not ryutama?
>>
>>52080500
are you just trolling to keep the thread alive, or are you going to tell us how you define 'worth playing'
>>
>>52080500
Tenra Bansho Zero, Tokyo Nova, Make You Kingdom, Golden Sky Stories, Giant Allege, Shinobigami, Maid RPG, Nechronica, Log Horizon
>>
>>52080594
not trolling just following what other anons had tell me, they say that most jap games are not that good design wise, mostly the ones that use the fear system
>>
Is OVA jp?
>>
>>52083315
No it's a less shit BESM, a generic system with a weeb paint job.

It's a pool based d6 system where you roll and the highest sets possible, so the math is like inherently borked especially in combat where you can with a high attack skill roll 10+ dice at once with skill combo and maneuvers. Also the stats are capped at literally of five so progression is odder because your strength growth is limited.

That being said it has a use for being a babby's first type game for more crunchier systems or as something that has more structure than say Risus but is still easy to pick up and play. Just don't try and like use it for like a super serious long running game with the expectation of really growing from 0s to heros and you should be fine
>>
>>52080599
Kamigakari too.
>>
>>52083722
yeah, most of my players started with op powers and did a lot of crazy shit, would you recommend me a similar system?
>>
>>52083898
In terms of like relative crunchiness or just ease of play?
>>
>>52083992
Something with a bit more of crunch, but that many options for character creationg, or whatever just throw something for me to read
>>
>>52084230
GURPS, M&M, Savage Worlds maybe?

If you want turbo sperg levels of Crunch there's Anima and HERO system.
>>
>>52083742
Not really.
Spirit seemed like a good idea at first, but it follows the SRS design principle of "introduce a good idea and then completely fail to make proper use of it."
>>
>>52085956
How so?
>>
>>52086077
I have already banished the details from my head, but the two main problems are:
>support abilities are prohibitively expensive
>most other abilities only add or subtract damage numbers in mostly the same way
This makes combat, the focus of the system, rather dull and one-dimensional.
>>
>>52086162
I mean, I don't really agree. Support abilities can be expensive, but many of the upper level abilities for Styles let them reduce the cost of those support abilities, opening up a great many more tactics. Even without that, support abilities are useful...? So probably, the designers know that, and put them at a premium.

Furthermore, you always have to wonder whether you have the proper dice to use your abilities, whether you can afford to flub a check in order to get the die you need for a later round, or whether it's better to deal higher damage in an attack or keep it for something else.

There's a lot of moving parts, so I'm not sure where you get one-dimensional. If you want to say you think it's dull, that's your call.
>>
>>52086265
Higher levels do not factor into my evaluation, because you have to slog through level one first.

All the moving parts you just mentioned are part of the Spirit mechanic and the Spirit mechanic only. My point is that there is nothing interesting in the combat system and character powers for that Spirit mechanic to interact with. After all that's said and done, you're still only chipping away at a block of HP with powers that do numbers. It's rather telling that the system makes a big deal about Physical vs. Magical damage, but does not meaningfully differentiate between them.
>>
>>52086422
If you don't take all of the game into consideration, your evaluation is flawed. The game is purposely designed to be "easy" and hand-holdy for the first two levels, as is evidenced by all abilities unlocking at level 3. If level 1 is a slog for you, take the training wheels off and start at level 3. Even D&D 5E did this.

Your damage is based on your highest die in the roll; something you can manipulate by Influencing with the Spirit mechanic. Moreover, there are Talents that let you adjust Spirit values, allow allies to adjust Spirit values, swap Spirit dice with allies, and one Dragon Lord Talent lets you swap with your entire roll, not just 'a part of it'. So I'm not sure what you're getting at, there.

I'm also not sure where it "makes a big deal out of it" but Physical Damage and Magical Damage are not all that different, true, if you leave aside the fact that they have two different defense stats they interact with, that Magical Rank is often locked in ways Physical Rank isn't, that Barrier is often a lot lower than Armor, and that Magical Damage can deal half damage even on a successful evasion.

It could perhaps have a more interesting HP system, but "chipping away at a block of HP" is a pretty time-honored tradition, which only games like Tokyo Nova and Tenra Bansho Zero do differently, to their credit. But TRPGs in general, not just SRS, "chip at HP blocks."
>>
>>52086555
Checked.

Also,
>Physical Damage and Magical Damage are not all that different
>proceeds to list four ways in which they're different

????
I mean, there is some differences, true, but it seems (to me, anyway) that the system looks to make Magical Damage more powerful (and thus more restricted) than Physical Damage. Like, people can be punching the shit out of each other just fine without batting an eye, but the moment some nerd comes in firing Magic Missile, then people need to get worried. I can dig it, and there's definitely systems out there (like White Wolf) that have similar damage systems in place.
>>
poke
>>
>>52089766
Well... I was trying to say "maybe they aren't all that different" because maybe his definition of "how different they need to be" was something... else? I dunno. To me, they act fairly differently, which is why I listed all those different ways!
>>
Is log horizon tabletop good?
>>
>>52092681
It's neat, but it's mostly just a combat system and a litany of different character options.
>>
>>52092986
Does anyone play it? Since its a tie in, I assume its easy to start with, even if I don't play tabletops?
>>
>>52093799
It might be but the translation is pretty amateur and makes a lot of assumptions on your familiarity with tabletops, and didn't translate the portions that explain how to tabletop. So if you're new to tabletops it's kind of shitty.

I say this because I'm one of the two who translated it and that was my first ever project. I apologize ahead of time.
>>
In the translated Meikyuu Kingdom, the notes on the Encampments, on the battle map, all the way at the end of the book, aren't translated.
What are they?
One must be getting +2 to attack checks when in your enemy's Encampment, but what is the other note?
>>
>>52095078
I was gonna say that your target audience for obscure weeb RPGs already knows how to tabletop, but I guess that might not be true since it's a licensed product.
>>
>>52096130
The other one is the process for fleeing from battle. They're already somewhere in the combat section of the rules.
>>
>>52096133
Yeah it wasn't a totally unreasonable assumption. Hopefully they put out Book 2 soon, that'd probably energize us enough to take another crack at it now that we're better at Japanese.

Then again, Book 2 has been coming soon since September 2015...
>>
How goes the Etrian odyssey translation?

Did it stall cuz it's just bottom tier SRS shit?
>>
>>52098572
I don't think anyone even started, they were just lucky that raws site decided to dump it without having to intentionally hunt it down.
>>
>>52100251
I see
>>
>>52098572
It started alright.
But the realization that it's just bottom tier SRS shit killed it.
>>
File: area attack.jpg (72KB, 739x482px) Image search: [Google]
area attack.jpg
72KB, 739x482px
Meikyuu Kingdom, monster skill Area Attack
Does it hit allies, as well as all enemies in your Area? I'm currently interpreting that it does hit everyone except you in your Area.
>included both entries as best I could
>>
>>52102767
You're correct. It says "all characters other than you in the Area", and then reinforces that by using 全員 to mean "everyone whose Defense is less than or equal to", all of those people get hit.
>>
Is Double Cross worth? Atleast for an one-shot?
>>
File: sc10.jpg (281KB, 800x600px) Image search: [Google]
sc10.jpg
281KB, 800x600px
>>52104712
Had a lot of fun with it for a decent length campaign. Powers are pretty neat, and it's like a less impenetrably comvoluted Exalted as far as mechanics go. I want to run again but I'm actually trying to run Exalted. DC is good if you like dicepools, thematic as fuck powersets and lots of impetus on the players to roleplay. It might actually be my preferred supers system.

Can anyone tell me why the translation died? I'm still 200% sad about that.
>>
>>52105683
I assume mismanagement and personal issues
Thread posts: 162
Thread images: 32

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.