[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

FNM Field Report Thread

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 17
Thread images: 2

File: fnm.png (124KB, 614x236px) Image search: [Google]
fnm.png
124KB, 614x236px
How'd you do? See anything interesting? Got a greentext story? Did "that guy" show up?

We had an Aether Revolt Draft and I went 1-2 playing mono blue for shits and gigs.

>grind opponent down to 1 life, still have 8 left in the bank
>realize that I missed an opportunity on my 2nd last turn to tap Consulate Turret for one more energy which would have won me the game if I tapped again to fire
>he Kari Zev's Expertise's my ass and blows me the fuck out
>would have had to commit sudoku if I didn't claw back and make it 2-1
>get BTFO of other 2 matches anyway
>got the Incendiary Flow promo
>somebody smelled like a fat girl's vagina on a hot summer day

pretty standard really
>>
Modern FNM
Went 3-1 with Classic Burn and ended up 3rd. Lost to Soul Sisters because well fuck. Martyr of Sands turn 1 then turn 2 reveals 5 cards and i gged out.
Put in my side deck, game 2 same thing. First drop martyr of sands, i kill her and he drops another one and reveals 4 cards and i just concede on the spot.

Damn deck i hate it.
>>
There was a half-table of 8-10 year olds playing Standard while everyone else played EDH. Only 2 people wanted to draft so it didn't go off. I think more people play Netrunner than Standard now at my FLGS. Thanks WOTC! :x
>>
>>52007332
Why did you do that anon? He's got a hand of 1 card now and is mana screwed six ways from Sunday, and really with 35 life you still have a shot; it wouldn't be a stretch to claw him back to near 20 by the time his shit un-fucks itself.

Unless your damage output is terrible in which case u deserb toulose :o)
>>
Went 2-1, but my second win because the guy went 2-0 before losing to me and said he'd give me 2 packs and himself one so I took it.

How many packs would I have gotten in an 8 pod for 1 win, 1 loss, 1 win likely?

Also it's normal to be seated at the noob tables if you're new? I was placed with a bunch of kids while the regulars joked about table placement.

One little fucker almost swiped my masterpiece when he looked at my cards. He slid one under his deck, looked at me look at him, then gave it back saying he was just joking...
>>
>>52007181
>Standard (Vampire Tribal)

2-1 vs. Eldrazi Big Guys

0-2 vs. Sahelli and her cat

2-1 vs. UW Spirits

>Modern (Gruul Zoo)
0-2 vs. Izzet Control

0-2 vs. Eldrazi Tron

Bye
>>
>>52007498
You just reveal the cards, you don't discard them.
>>
File: SpirePatrol.jpg (107KB, 223x311px) Image search: [Google]
SpirePatrol.jpg
107KB, 223x311px
i went 3 -1 with u/w flyers but still didnt prize because it was only top 4 for some stupid fucking reason
>>
>>52007416
Same man. Standard and modern are so dead in my area, and I have about 5 LGS's within 30 minutes of me. EDH, Netrunner and even legacy have more players.
>>
Went 3-1 in draft with a pretty nasty red green deck. I pulled a foil Walking Ballista for my deck so that was cool.

My prize packs had three of the four worst rares in Aether Revolt, but that Ballista makes up for it.
>>
>>52007181

Modern, with a shitty UW Spirits deck mostly made with standard scraps. No fetches, no shocks, nothing.

2-2, Eldrazi&Taxes blew me out, I blew out Grixis Delver and Storm and a really close match with Infect.

Fun stuff, I'm usually a Standard player but between this and MM17 I'll probably end up getting something serious for modern
>>
>>52007181
>play modern at FNM
>I'm playing living end
>paired against Jeskai draw-go with sphinx Rev
>he stabilizes, taps out on turn, like 11 to electrolyze me just to draw a card
>so stupid goofy
>cascade in response, flip like 8 beaters out of the yard
>he thinks for a while and concedes
>tells me I can have the game 2 win, there's like 10 minutes left in the round and I guess he really didn't want to deal with the living memes
>round 2 Jeskai nahiri
>game 1 looks like a decent hand, there's a living end in there but otherwise it's great
>draw my other two living ends immediately, concede. What the fuck
>game 2 my first hand is no lands. 6 card hand has two living end and no cycles. 5 card hand is trash but whatever
>accept inevitable defeat
>he emrakuls me in the face
>round 3 vs affinity
>he goes in too deep on a ravager, I use kari zev's expertise as a removal spell and he doesn't have enough blockers, swing lethal
>game 2 I have a perfect hand with ingot chewer and faerie macabre to counter ravager, win swiftly
>round 4 vs junk
>win game 1 after his bob nukes him with 3 drops 4 turns in a row
>game 2 and 3 he has scooze on turn two and I can't recover quickly enough, get grinder out. Poor hands and draws in this game too

Oh well, 2-2 still gets $5 in store credit, grabbed some edh rares.
>>
Do you have a Facebook?

Do you like Commander?

Do you like shitposting on the internet?

If you answered "yes" to these questions, you should join my Facebook group: Commander for Bad!

Come in and shitpost with the best of the best, starring people such as Travis Woo!
>>
>>52012977
really, travis "duestchland uber alles" woo? sign me up!
>>
>>52009053
THAT'S FUCKED, WHO WOULD DESIGN THAT

JESUS
>>
5-0 with Burn like every other week
>>
0-3 drop at draft. I'm pretty bad at this apparently.
Thread posts: 17
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.