[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Spell and enchanted items brainstorming

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: 1384479783045.jpg (160KB, 953x1300px) Image search: [Google]
1384479783045.jpg
160KB, 953x1300px
I'm thinking of running a quest where you play as an Enchantress, mostly focused on hypnotizing and controlling people. But I don't want to have the players using single generic spell to instantly gain full control over someone, mind, body and soul. Ideally there would be multiple spells and items you can use to compel someone to commit an action physically which may open them up for spells and items that would eventually give the MC control over their thoughts or feelings. Or the opposite situation were manipulating thoughts and feelings makes it easier to magically control the body. Basically I want combo potential.

I'm just gonna throw out some ideas I've been working on and if you guys have anything you want to add I'd appreciate it.

Gorgon's Gaze: Locking eyes with your target you compel their body to move in such a way that they are forced to retain eye contact with you, no matter where you move. More skilled sorcerers can use it to paralyze their target completely.

Ring of Grovelling: Enchanted Ring that compels someone to physically kneel before you and kiss you on the hand or foot if you go with the toe ring version.

Song of Sorrows: A wordless dirge that fills listeners with a sense of extreme pity for your mournful cries.

Sinner's Scent: A powerful perfume containing succubus essence that makes the wearer irresistible to Men. Also available with Incubus essence for Women.

Dance of the Damsel: A passionate display of feminine frailty that compels one to want to come to your aid. Does have the potential to cause a more predatory reaction in evil aligned targets.

Bitter Bite: A colorless, but extremely foul tasting liquid whose taste lingers unnaturally long on the user's mind. Generally leaves any poor bastard unlucky enough to drink it extremely short tempered for the rest of the day.
>>
>>52005343

Just seems to me like you might as well streamline the whole thing into a single mind control spell. Right now the only obstacle for the players is working out the combinations, which only ought to take them ten minutes, and after that they'll be mind controlling anyone and everyone at will.
>>
>>52005393
I do plan to have the NPC's be able to resist the MC's attempt to manipulate them. There would be ranges from normal people to other enchantresses to monster all with different levels of resistance or outright immunity to certain types of manipulation. Like using Gorgon's Gaze on an actual Gorgon probably wouldn't go over very well. The idea is to let them earn spells and tools over time to let them manipulate greater foes.
>>
>>52005456
Also it would encourage them to better analyze their targets to understand their mindsets and abilities and as such the best way to manipulate them.
>>
File: 1481275327632.jpg (4MB, 2560x1440px) Image search: [Google]
1481275327632.jpg
4MB, 2560x1440px
>>52005343
So you want minor compulsions and suggestions that leave someone open to a bigger control effect?

>Reverie
The target is placed in an ideal world that exists only in their mind. Colors are brighter, sounds are sweeter, and life more pleasant. The target perceives only that which is palatable to them, the illusion causing that which is wrong to become right. Insults become constructive and threats turn to requests, while all suggestions are suddenly more attractive. The caster does not know what is said to the target, but may rest assured it is exactly what they want to hear.

>Heaven or Hell
The caster plagues a target with phantom thoughts or voices. Of these voices, two will begin to stand out and drown the others. The first is diabolical, a constant source of advice that is neither safe nor sane, and grates on the victim's psyche. The second is far more pleasant, and opposes the first in all things, suggesting courses of action that are both moral and aligned with the target's own thoughts. The caster may take control of either of these voices at any time.

>The Myriad Futures
This small mirror can be directed to reflect the future of anyone gazing into it. The mirror shows many things, but will soon begin reflecting great disasters as well as successes among the possible fates. On request, the mirror may also show actions that will avert or achieve such futures. The owner of the mirror is able to dictate what it reflects at will.

>Legacy Blade
This is a simple sword that appears time tested and worn by years, but still serviceable. When held, the wielder may speak to the spirits of past swordsmen that used the blade. At the wielder's option, they may draw on the experience and training of ancient warriors to boost their own skill and become a master of the blade. Of course, to draw on this power the user must open themselves up to the influence of others...
>>
>>52008852
>So you want minor compulsions and suggestions that leave someone open to a bigger control effect?

Pretty much some of these work really good, but I feel Myriad of the Futures would be a bit too effective if it showed them actual potential futures. For this sort of quest it would probably work better as something that shows them futures they dread or desire while maybe the MC leads the person to believe it shows them actual fates.

Also I'd like to have a specific sense that each spell or item uses to access the targets mind or body. So players could choose whether they wanted to focus on visual enchantments, auditory, touch based, etc.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.