[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

30k-40k lore

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 21
Thread images: 4

File: Horus_vs_The_Emperor.jpg (903KB, 1600x1169px) Image search: [Google]
Horus_vs_The_Emperor.jpg
903KB, 1600x1169px
General thread for 30k-40k
Let's appreciate this great universe and get some cool art work with it
Some questions to start it off
Who's your favorite primarch?

Who actually fucked it all up?

Was the Emps a bad Dad?

What's the biggest threat/has been the biggest threat to the imperium of man?
>>
>>52003392

>Who's your favorite primarch?
I think you know...

>Who actually fucked it all up?
Technically Erebus. But I'm just gonna blame Lorgar anyway because fuck that guy.

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
Yes

>What's the biggest threat/has been the biggest threat to the imperium of man?
Yo mama
>>
>>52003392
>primarch
Dorn if only because his legion makes up the best of the second founding.

>fucked up
Everyone, it's suppose to be a tragedy after all.

>bad dad
He was a father figure for the custodes and a good one from the glimpses on MoM. But for the primarchs? He never wanted to be a father for them but since they scattered, yes, he was a terrible one.

>threat level midnight
No single faction can take on the imperium minus itself.
>>
>>52003392
Magnus
The Emperor
>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
Yes
Chaos
>>
>>52003392
One thing I think many people don't realize when they say "who's fault is it" or "if just this one character did x" is that the Horus Heresy follows the structure of a classic Greek Tragedy (albeit dialed up to 11 with like 20 tragic heroes.

these superhumans are not perfect killing machines, but prideful, arrogant, emotional beings. The reason it feels contrived is that these characters are too blinded by their own flaws to approach every situation entirely rationally.

I think it's very important to understanding the setting that maybe these immortal demigods are superhuman in more than body- rage, spite, jealousy; perhaps are felt more keenly by the primarchs.

After all, if to err is human, then superhumans must have super-errors.
>>
>>52003392

Guilliman, actually. Just for not being some variant of screeching autist, lunatic, or heretic. Just simple, practical, straight to business space Roman. Perturabo on the Chaos side, again for not being a gibber madman.

Magnus. Single-handedly contained the Emperor to Terra for the whole war, leading directly to his death.

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?

Hells yes.

Logically, the Tyranids. All the limitless numbers of Chaos with actual coordination and minus the insanity and retarded infighting.

In-story, Chaos because somehow spending 3/4s of the time killing each other and "hurr durr what's logistics" attitude doesn't immediately result in them being ground to paste in a week.
>>
>>52003392

It's shit. It's been shit for a decade and recently started getting even shittier.
>>
File: thirst.png (392KB, 600x653px) Image search: [Google]
thirst.png
392KB, 600x653px
>>52004164
>I think it's very important to understanding the setting that maybe these immortal demigods are superhuman in more than body- rage, spite, jealousy; perhaps are felt more keenly by the primarchs.
Thirst as well, I'm assuming?
>>
>>52003392
Lion El'Jonson
Lorgar, Big E said don't worship me, he did, got spanked so worshiped daemons instead. Cunt.
>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
Nah, he was probably just fed up, he's been planning this for 30,000 years and people were still fucking shit up for him. Probably just tired.
Well due to recent events, Chaos. We'll have to see if this is another shit show black crusade like the past 12. Abaddon and Chaos haven't done a fraction of what Horus achieved.

Prior to this I would have said Tyranids, especially the genestealers. The fact they can be anyone, work their way into many governments and even use spores and shit to control human officials means it wouldn't be hard to stage a large scale civil war in the Imperium.
>>
The Emperor messed it all up by being a tyrant and not a consultative leader. Had he set up a proper grown up government the Heresy would never have occurred, the crusade would have happened differently and Humanity wouldb't be in the shit by 40K.
>>
>>52003392

Vulkan

Leman Russ when he attempted to exterminate Magnus on Horus's order.

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?

No, just made the wrong choices. On the scale of his command he can't be perfect.

Tyranids.
>>
>>52003392
Vulkan or the Khan.

Lorgar, but well, Erebus and Kor Phaeron are carrying a lot of the blame. Honourable mention to Magnus for getting suckered into blowing up the webway gate, which meant the Emperor was too busy trying to fix it so Terra didn't get swarmed by daemons and Horus didn't need to worry about Emps taking the field directly.

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
I think he tried, in his own way. Unfortunately, he treated the Primarchs like adults and expected them to be all right off on their own under Horus' direction, when he really should have paid more attention to all their various neuroses. Being a bit more forgiving with them might also have helped, and telling them a bit about what he'd have them do once the Crusade was over.

Nids.
>>
>>52003392
Magnus

Erebus

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
Yes

Tyranids
>>
Idle thought: say after Ullanor, the Emperor does what he says he was going to do, he retires to Terra and starts his private work on stuff, with Horus as Warmaster to continue leading the Crusade in his absence.

But if he had occasionally still come out to join in brief campaigns, fight beside the Primarchs (not for long, just enough to make sure they know he's not entirely staying on Terra and hasn't just started ignoring them), would that have helped deal with the Heresy before it could happen?

It'd slow down his webway gate experiments, but in the long run would it be worth it?
>>
>>52005987
Why not make Magnus Praetorian? The TS could have fortified Terra and the Emperor could have explained the webway to Magnus in private.
>>
>>52004215
S-source?
>>
>>52003392
>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
How can he have been a bad dad?
He wasn't even around to raise them in the first place!
>>
File: 1488081561014.jpg (204KB, 802x1400px) Image search: [Google]
1488081561014.jpg
204KB, 802x1400px

Alpharius/Omegon.

The whole mysteriousness thing makes me super interested in them.

Games Workshop! (Kidding!)

The chaos gods.

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?

Kind of?

Corruption. It's what's taking down humanity. Not chaos itself but the overly corrupt system the imperium focuses on using.
>>
>>52003392
>favorite primarch?
The Lion

>who actually fucked it all up?
Everyone who wasn't Malcador

>Was the Emps a bad dad?
Nigguh what? These were grown-ass fucking super-men we're talking about. Now yes, he did a pretty poor job of giving his Frankenstein monsters a guiding moral context to codify their lives by, but they should have dealt with that without his constant attention anyway.
>>
>>52007044
Forgot last question:
>what's the biggest treat/has been the biggest threat to the Imperium of Man?

Man is his own worst enemy. Specifically Man's inhumanity to his fellow Men.
>>
>>52003392
Probably Alpharius.

Eldrad... somehow.

>Was the Emps a bad Dad?
He should have left that to Malcador honestly.

Sapience.
Thread posts: 21
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.