[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Mutants and Masterminds 2e

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

Just ordered this for cheap, what does everyone think of it? any stories? any tips?
>>
>>51998160
I thought the idea of a "party" of superheroes was odd, so my vision is for my players to be in a rock band together, with all of them secretly being superheroes. that way it would make more sense for them to travel together

think it'd work?
>>
>>51998214
It's not the strangest premise out there, and it makes for a decent cover.

That said, I can't give you an opinion on 2e, since I play 3e.
>>
File: the-avengers.jpg (403KB, 1000x563px) Image search: [Google]
the-avengers.jpg
403KB, 1000x563px
>>51998214
>I thought the idea of a "party" of superheroes was odd
>>
Why on earth would you get 2e?

>I thought the idea of a "party" of superheroes was odd, so my vision is for my players to be in a rock band together, with all of them secretly being superheroes. that way it would make more sense for them to travel together

Oh, you're retarded.
>>
>>51998214
>>51999083
>>51999102
>>51999137
Not OP, can someone give me a quick pros and cons of each edition? I plan on GMing a game of this but I dont know which to run. I mostly run DnD 5e games if that helps
>>
File: 1417109566270.jpg (933KB, 1977x487px) Image search: [Google]
1417109566270.jpg
933KB, 1977x487px
>>51999703
On the whole, 3e is much cleaner than 2e. It removes more of the stock d20 trappings, much of the mechanics are streamlined like stats and skills, powers are rebalanced and much clearer, and other mechanical changes.

2e has a bunch more splat books, but 3e is not without its own references, and it's not exactly difficult to convert stuff you saw from 2e into 3e (with a little finagling).
>>
>>51998160
Singlehandedly redeems D20 as a concept; best edition of D&D ever.

Be careful of people abusing some OP powers. This is rather easy, though, as most of the ones that are easy to break actually tell you outright that they are delicate.
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.