[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>You create a action role-playing game in warhammer fantasy

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 20
Thread images: 3

>You create a action role-playing game in warhammer fantasy setting.

What faction would be the best (main) antagonist? And why?
>>
The answer is always Chaos.
>>
File: flash_588075_largest_crop.jpg (60KB, 801x515px) Image search: [Google]
flash_588075_largest_crop.jpg
60KB, 801x515px
Assuming a game like Witcher 3, fagos or the vampire cunts, maybe with some misdirection vis a vis the cunts. (Vitriolic alliance with a Lahmian or a Carstein? Dreaded rival in the form of a Blood Dragon?).

Chaos works well as the main antagonist because it can go from cult weenies to dread summoning and present néw threats the whole way through. I'd prolly use Tzeentch or Slaanesh.

The first DLC/expansion would be skaven-themed.
>>
>>51996009
Probably chaos cause I mean, c'mon, it's Warhammer, they're basically BBEG fodder.

>inb4 BBEG-anon shows up
>>
>>51996113
I fucjed your mum
>>
>>51996087
This, of course, leaves us to ask who the protagonist is. Obviously, we're going with an Imperial. But we need someone with the means and reason to travel, and informed competence enough to be out protagonist. A Sigmarite witch hunter is the obvious choice, but they tend not to have many friends. While they ARE very free to move about and do as they please, characterization makes them mostly rigid men. And we don't wanna go and make a Drizzt witch hunter. Secular ones rarely travel beyond their master's holdings, so that's probably right out.

I'd suggest a bounty hunter, a notionally neutral party, albeit one with experience handling hairier foes. Witch hunters usually have a retinue, maybe he was a member of such, or is a 'floating member' hired by witch hunters as needed.

As an aside, I think it'd be funny to subvert the 'bad girl goes good for the hero' thing with a Lahmian. Have her use that conceit to manipulate the player to accomplish her own goals, having no real interest in him at all.
>>
>>51996009
Greenskins, because amusing, interesting and possible threeway interactions with other factions
>>
>>51996182
why not present several options

>sigmarite imperial bounty hunter
for the generic human MC
>college wizard
lore is variuable
>elven ranger
for that dex/ stealth gameplay and because humans suck

maybe have the characters you arent playing still be relevant to story as NPc?
>>
Just to be Different

Tomb Kings.

Whole game is following the adventures of an Indiana Jones style Imperial Historian that goes digging for artifacts in the legendary lands of Nehekhara.

Also featuring Orcs, Skaven, and one part featuring skinks as he "successfully" escapes into the Southlands
>>
>>51996214
greenskins could work as an act 2

>defeated the minor/ local threat in act 1
>must now gain more allies and power to stop a waaaagh led by a unusually cunning and brutal warlord
>become renowned heroes leading into act 3 with true BBEG chaos threat
>>
File: images(3).jpg (10KB, 272x185px) Image search: [Google]
images(3).jpg
10KB, 272x185px
>>51996221
You're basically writing 3 games at that point is the problem, in my opinion. You'll end up with Skyrimjob but worse, since being an elf or a wizard in Warhammer drastically changes how people treat you, what social circles you may enter, etc.

I'd suggest having characters like that be hand in glove NPCs, good friends of our protagonist, or at least bantzy allies. Perhaps have a less vanilla char from the base game star in a DLC/expansion.
>>
>>51996113
I'm surprised it's taking him this long.
>>
>protagonist: human, dwarf or elf
>oh shit orcs
>turns out orcs are running from beastmen
>turns out beastmen were goaded by chaos
>oh shit an avatar of a chaos god

Every warhammer video game plot. That'll be 59.99 plus DLC
>>
>>51996249
what about a party system like in DA? at least for certain missions - your main character is the sheperd/hawke bounty hunter, and on some missions you can ally with companions, also obligatory romance with tsundere amethyst college wizard
>>
>>51996374
I could go for that. Keep party size low, though - 3 or less.

Maybe even have an NPC hang a lampshade on the I-work-alone cliche, like a trollslayer buddy going 'No ye don't! I'm here and I'm not dead yet, manling!'
>>
>>51996781
i just want to have an elven ranger get smashed in a tavern
>>
>>51997161
I had that happen in my WFRP game. An elven scout got into a typical argument with a dwarf trollslayer, which eventually became a drinking contest, which she lost badly.
>>
>>51996009
Chaos or Vampire Counts as main

Orks and Skaven as side
>>
The Empire would be the main enemy.

You'd play as a Warrior of Chaos, and depending on your choices you may become dedicated to a God or stay Undivided.

Even if you beat the game, you might be turned into what-shall-not-be-named for a bad end.
>>
>>51998914
The empire would be somewhat dull as an antagonist.
Thread posts: 20
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.