[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

/srg/ - Shadowrun General

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 319
Thread images: 28

File: 1488516267558.jpg (436KB, 1700x1068px) Image search: [Google]
1488516267558.jpg
436KB, 1700x1068px
...Identity Spoofed
...Encryption Keys Generated
...Connected to Onion Routers
>>>Login: *********
>>>Enter Passcode: *********
...Biometric Scan Confirmed
Connected to SeattleNet...

>Welcome back to /srg/, chummer
>Last Viewed Files: >>51970000 → →
>Door_Kicking_A_Guide_To_Urban_Tactics.knwsft
>Sprawl_Wars_Complete_Third_Season.trid
>Why_Clips_And_Magazines_Are_NOT_Interchangeable.blog

Personal Alerts
* Your Current Rep Score: 129 (59% Positive)
* You have 1 new private message, titled 'Your order of 200 MRE super value pallet is on its way. Please disable any automated security drones within thirty minutes to complete delivery.'
* Your Chummer > Tools > Options books list has been unchecked https://github.com/chummer5a/chummer5a/releases
* Cloud File Storage: http://pastebin.com/SsWTY7qr
* Running Disappointment.BTL...

>Shoot straight
>Conserve ammo
>And never, ever cut a deal with a dragon

Operator edition
Fall in, soldiers! Tell us about your ex-military, your mercs-who-works, couchside /k/ommandos, and your gun enthusiasts. What's their favorite go-to weapon and what sorts of tactics do they use? What is their favorite paramilitary company? Who do they least like to fight against? What is their super-secure bolt hole like? Have they actually fucked their gun?
>>
I think a lot of the problem with SURGE at present is that there just aren't many negative or positive qualities. There's so few negatives that when it comes down to it, you're basically just going to be picking the same set every time, because any other ones just cripple you so hard that it ruins anything you were going to do.

There's also the problem that you're paying 30 Karma to basically get the privilege to get 30+/- and just be even.

I'd say that the random rolling is retarded, but lets be real here, nobody ever uses that aside from one-off characters like Moleman.
>>
Oh, here we go. I'm running a military contractor campaign right now. The entire party is made of seasoned hard-asses of some description, and I get to play the gun-nut cybertroll.
In general when we're doing military-style operations, stealth is only useful until you have to drop the hat. Then it's smoke grenades, flash-bangs and door-kicking until everything is on the ground bleeding.
>>
Since we're talking about weapons of choice, and the laser question went over so well last time, let's talk about another niche weapon: Bows. What are they good for, what are they bad for, and can an archer adept really take on the world?
>>
Are there any options to play as a big industrial type robot? You know, kind of like Loader Bot from Tales from The Borderlands?
>>
>>51992268
Basically the problem with surge is the same as the problem with anything in shadowrun that is a weird not standard archetype.
It's just... terribly written. From a mechanical and lore standpoint.
>>
>>51992248
Toxic doesn't necessarily mean RAWR RAWR GOOP EVERYWHERE I PISS RADIOACTIVE WASTE. Avengers are hellbent on extinguishing humanity. sterilists are trying to turn the world in jyggalag's wet dream, etc. You'd just have to be really, really unforgiving of Sin to be walking the borderline of a toxic catholic.
>>
>>51992332
There were last I checked in 4th edition, but they were awful.
>>
>>51992320
Motherfucking needle arrows mate. Bows don't really have a lot going for them, unfortunately. You can make someone capable with high agi & str, but you're going to have consistently lower damage output than someone who just picked up an assault rifle.
>>
>>51992345
Any other type of robot options then?
>>
>>51992320
They're good for turning a melee character into a half assed sniper that can't manage a decent rate of fire without GM involvement, or decent armour penetration.
>>
>>51992362
I think the only type of AIs that worked mechanically were some kind of cheerleader AI and some kind of shooter skillbot.
I don't actually know.
>>
Chummer definitely doesn't have custom drugs, yeah?
>>51992362
R5 has the NeoNet juggernaught, page 145.
>>
>>51992320
A modded pistol crossbow mounted on the wrist has always been a favorite of mine, especially with shock or incendiary bolts since neither use the bows shitty damage.
>>
>>51992391
The branch that implements it is super out of date, but wouldn't need much to be finished, I'm just short on time and caught up with fixing issues.
>>51992320
Bows are exclusively good for style.
>>
>>51992320
Thematically, bows are cool.

Mechanically, they're worthless. You require 10 Str before they even start to be remotely comparable to any normal weapon, they're one shot per turn, they require excessive actions, they have limited range, they're large and clunky, limited ammo options, bad AP, and a whole slew of other issues.

The only real legitimate use of them is as a stealth weapon, but even then it's a complete meme, and gets outdone by a fucking pistol crossbow with the shock bolts with static shafts.

The only real unique thing bows have going for them is Alchemy, but Alchemy by RAW is fucking terrible. And the pistol crossbow would do it better.
>>
>>51992320
Speaking of bows, i have a question. Seeker shafts say that they make locking on a free action. How does one go about acquiring a target lock with a weapon?
>>
>>51992482
Smartlink!
>>
>>51992482
Wireless bonus!
>>
>>51992496
I've been looking through the books for how to do that, but i can't find anything. how does it work? can i get a page number?
>>
>>51992482
Sensor Attacks, 184.
>>
>>51992517
Ah, I see. Do I use my own attributes for the sensor test? What determines the limit in this case?
>>
On the subject of fixing bows, what would people suggest as a solution?

Off the top of my head, I'd say increase max rating to 15, and allow you to use a rating equal to double your strength without penalty.
>>
>>51992550
Well, if we're actually being serious, it should probably be something like the rating determining the max Str, and adding the rating itself as a fraction to the damage.

Say you've got a Str 10 Troll, so his R10 bow does 10(Str)+5(Rating)P, and tweak the AP so that it's -1AP per 3 damage. So a 15P bow has an AP or -5, basically the ranged equivalent of a Highland Forge Claymore.

You're still only getting one shot per turn, but you can at least fuck someone up with that one shot probably.
>>
>>51992550
The double strength thing is a bit much, but increasing the maximum rating to somewhere in the 12-16 range would help a lot. The other big thing would be reducing nock-and-fire to a simple action if you have something like Nimble Fingers or the Quickdraw Quiver. I've got rules for this written up somewhere from a few days ago, I think.
>>
>>51992535
Actually no, disregard that. Seeker Shafts have their own rules. It's just a Simple Action that requires a smartlink. Can't say I'm particularly amused about that myself, but eh.
>>51992550
Invent gunpowder.
>>
>>51992577
C G L
>>
>>51992577
Ah, so they do. Guess I managed to not read that part.
>>
>>51992591
I hate that I ever defend CGL, but: They were okay. Were. I think the embezzlement thing removed any dissenting voices, and now we've got this.
>>
>>51992577
>Actually no, disregard that. Seeker Shafts have their own rules.
Every time CGL have created something that could follow pre-existing rules, they've managed to fuck up and not use those pre-existing rules.
>>
>>51992609
The problem is that the embezzlement basically made almost every good person they had go "Well, fuck this shit" and ditch hard, and they never actually took a step back and tried to fix any of that.
>>
>>51992550
There are extended rules in the Hard Targets sourcebook, but they don't do much more than differentiate between two (three) types of bows, and their capabilities.

Traditional bows get Overdraw, which snaps the bow on a critical glitch but otherwise counts the rating as 1 higher for determining damage.

Compound bows get the ability to hold the Take Aim action for the user's Body rating times 4 combat turns, and allows them to be mounted with Smartlink systems due to the fixed velocity.

Dynamic Tension bows also exist, in case you're playing an Archer Adept, or if you have a support mage who can buff your Strength. They can adapt their rating to any Strength rating between 1 and 10 as a simple action, or as a free action if wireless.

>>51992572
A possibly simpler solution might be to change the damage calculation to (Str)+(Rating+5)P as opposed to (Rating+2)P.
>>
>>51992572
>>51992574

The point of the double strength thing, which in retrospect might be a touch much, is that the biggest problem of bows in my opinion is the required strength to use. The double strength for example gives an average human (STR 3) a bow shot of 8P, equivalent to a heavy pistol, while a specialized human with some STR buffs (STR 8) will be letting loose 17P, which is good for an assault cannon. Without the double strength they would be 5P and 10P, both of which are pretty shit.
>>
>>51992628
Or just push the draw strength/size/etc back into fluff territory and make the calculation (STR+X) like most melee weapons, if you really want to simplify.
>>
>>51992639
A normal dude with some augments putting out assault cannon powered arrows is also a bit fucking absurd.
>>
What is a good mentality for the chaos tradition?
>>
>>51992391
Can this actually be used as a player character though?
>>
>>51992619
Well, yeah. And now, like I said, no dissent. So we end up with.. this. Everyone looks at things and go "Fuck, that's a good idea."
>>
>>51992644
Honestly, yeah, that'd probably be good, and it stops the bullshit where fucking arrows cost thousands of nuyen.
>>
>>51992668
Pick a 'general outlook' for your practitioner, but value all sources of magic. As long as they don't depend on assloads of math or symbols.
>>
>>51992672
As an AI rigger, sure. You'd want to trick it the fuck out. Be borderlands 2 wilhelm.
>>
>>51992675
It's funny, because literally all they need to do is run playtests on the forums and have a community manager collect feedback. Toss it up here, on Reddit, and the official forums. Congrats, free fucking editing and review, all the autistic combos will be found, and it'll get fixed, because we WANT a good game.
>>
>>51992657

Like I said, straight double was a bit much in retrospect. All I was trying to illustrate in that post was the problematic nature of the rather prohibitive strength requirements.
>>
>>51992680
I've been homebrewing arrow costs for months. They're rating-neutral and cost like 6 nuyen a pop.
>>
>>51992687
Where do I find ruling for an AI Rigger?
>>
>>51992668
Vaguely buddhist. "Oh look, it works. Great! I like it! Doesn't need 8 pages of proofs, either!"
>>51992693
Yeah, but I think the older freelancers might nix the things they don't like.
>>51992703
Uh, AI creation rules are in Data Trails, then use that as a rigger.
>>
>>>51992414
>Exclusive to toxic adepts only

Then why is plague cloud in the druid's recommended adept spell selection and says it doesn't require a toxic shaman? Is this just another prime example of writer oversight?

There's not a sort of similar adept power that I'm overlooking, is there?
>>
>>51992731
Downloads are in the OP.
>>
>>51992731
Check the OP. 'Cloud file storage'.
>>
>>51992668
Fuck organization, fuck standardization, there's no one answer to magic. If it's magic, it's magic, and magic is magic.

They're very much the "I believe nothing, therefore I believe everything" tradition. No two unrelated Chaos casters are the same, though, since they're so far removed from the typical fuss of belief and tradition. They just do what works, and ignore what everyone says about magic. They have their own relationship with it, and their own methods, and that's all that they give a fuck about.
>>
>>51992743
>>51992742
Thanks, I thought that was just random text inserted for flavor.
>>
>>51992747
The tradition that gives no fucks about tradition. They do things however they feel comfy and anyone that says there's a correct way to magic can get fucked.
>>
>>51992718
Thanks man, now my robot fantasies shall come true!
>>
>>51992611
There is a level of sense to not re-using those rules if the sensor isn't as refined as a proper lock-on capable entity, but it seems like it would be easy to just go 'The arrow has a Sensor of 2; use the rules for Sensor Targeting on SR5 bla bla'. I dunno, maybe part of it's just that the freelancers are paid on wordcount.
>>51992729
Because druids are all terrible people that want to tear civilisation down by the roots and make us live like savages.
>>
>>51992680
Hm. Maybe do away with bow ratings, increase damage to STR+4/6 (on par with a large melee weapon), and increase AP to something like (STR/2) or (STR/3)-2. Ratings are great for representing how heavy the draw weight on a bow is but it's also a pain in the ass when it comes to wielding a bow you didn't buy and tune explicitly for yourself.
>>
>>51992668

A chaos mage is a lazy and impatient hermetic mage in that they still view it as a science in many ways. They still have to learn and observe, they just don't limit themselves to one path, they might have some hermetic tricks, that they use with a shamanistic ritual base with religious BS that somehow works for whatever reason.
>>
Yekka, chummer's giving me problems with house rules. When I tick some boxes and confirm, it'll ask if I want to save as normal. Then it crashes if I tell it to restart to enumerate the new changes. And after booting it back up, the box I ticked is saved but its effects are not reflected.

Specifically, I'm trying to enable the free knowledge skill points from augmented attributes. It shows the box as ticked, but does not award me the bonus points.
>>
>>51992818
How about this?

Have three tiers of bows.

You've got your Shortbows, which are somewhat concealable, short to middle range, and lower damage. Something like Str+1 damage, maybe Str x5/Str x15/Str x30 for range increments.

You've got your standard bow, which is basically the bow as it currently stands, maybe bump it up to Str+3 P and change the AP around a bit, keep the range.

And then you've got your Greatbows, sitting up at like 1.5x the normal bows range increment, Str+5P with around -5AP or so.

Add a customization system for arrows with most of the current arrowheads/shafts usable, maybe some sort of add-on for a compound bow/techbow type thing.

Change Personalized Grip to something like, additional +2 effective Str or +1 effective strength for the bow, because it's customized to you specifically?
>>
>>51992899
Bloody hell, this is turning into a total conversion. I'll have to play around with some ideas and see what I come up with.
>>
>>51992916
Yeah, I'm gonna tinker around with some shit on my end here and see if I can get a neatly-compiled list of all the available shit for them so it's an easy reference.
>>
File: Silver_knight_dragonslayer.jpg (467KB, 714x896px) Image search: [Google]
Silver_knight_dragonslayer.jpg
467KB, 714x896px
>>51992899
>greatbow
>>
>>51992916
Don't feel too bad. I ended up doodling most of the 'notes toward the advanced magic sourcebook' in breaks between games so they could be used with the game. I may even digitise it eventually.
>>
File: 2ndGen-Bow_Equipment_Render_001.png (253KB, 702x600px) Image search: [Google]
2ndGen-Bow_Equipment_Render_001.png
253KB, 702x600px
>>51992947
>>
File: 8925933.jpg (28KB, 400x267px) Image search: [Google]
8925933.jpg
28KB, 400x267px
>>51992222
I'm running a 4e game for a few real life friends tomorrow, and I really don't have much prepped besides general ideas and I'm not confident in my mastery of the system...

What should I do?
Is there any kind of useful gamemaster screen pdf I could print out to have on me?
Any tips on setting the mood or pacing?

So far what I've got planned for my Elf Magician Cyberdoc Face and Ork Sledgehammer/Fist Adept Infiltrator is pretty much a run out to the roads in the Mojave part of the PCC to smash a truck full of a Soylent Brown so the corp can get insurance money and cause a few food scarcity issues.
>>
>>51993053
>Running an IRL game tomorrow and no prep
Reschedule and start reading, friendo.
>>
File: 100 percent sad.jpg (103KB, 442x740px) Image search: [Google]
100 percent sad.jpg
103KB, 442x740px
>when you're attached to your mentor spirit and feel bad disappointing her during runs because you are a bad player that doesn't think everything through.

Wise Warrior was a mistake since I'll never live up to it.
>>
A 6 body troll attempts to chest bump a 1 body elf mage.

What kind of damage rolls am I going to have to make here?
>>
>>51993112
None unless the troll is actually trying to harm the elf. In which case, roll it as an unarmed attack.
>>
>>51993106
Ask your GM to wear a mask that looks like The Boss the whole time so he can sneer disapprovingly at you. You know, for roleplay purposes.
>>
>>51993112
None? Maybe a few stun at most.
>>
>>51993124
Might as well be The Boss since it's Joan of Arc

Ain't no way a nigga is gonna be able to reach that, especially in the dark cyber future.
>>
>>51992927
Could use D&D logic. Give each class of bow a minimum Strength requirement but calculate damage with Agility. Horrible idea, but it's an idea.
>>
>>51993112
Elf is knocked on his ass, everybody laughs, end scene
>>
>>51993170
D&D calculates bow damage off Strength except for a few rare and typically overly expensive ways that can get you Dex to damage.
>>
>>51993112
Probably just minor stun from the impact with the ground, if the elf doesn't manage to catch himself.

Arms and hands might be scraped from the impact as well.
>>
>>51993197
Last time I played it, all ranged weapon damage was Dex-based. Is this a 5th ed thing?
>>
>>51993087
I've been reading for a while now, and have accumulated a decent idea of what way I want to steer things story wise, it's just that I don't actually have much in the way of a full campaign written out.

We're all new to the system is the thing, and I've got basically no experience, despite having read the books and main 4e splats like thrice over.
>>
>>51993222
Probably a 4e/5e thing.
All editions earlier than them, including Pathfinder, did Str for damage, Dex for your to-hit roll.
>>
>>51993235
Right, I was thinking of attack rolls.
>>
>>51993232
As a general rule, you'll want each player to be able to do at least 1-2 rolls each session, minimum.

Have a way to accomplish a given mission for each of your player. For example, if your group is a Mage, Street Sam, and Infiltrator, you have a little bit of Astral security/face things if he's a charisma tradition, a combat option for your street sam, and some sneaky options for infil for the other guy.
>>
>>51993260
Thanks

Any way to make combat not a massive hour long drag like DnD? or will only two players and the fact that everything starts bleeding out in two bullets prevent that?
>>
>>51993406
Probably. If everyone is lucky and using a lot of cover and armour it can take a bit, but if they're doing that the players are probably good enough to set ambushes and not get caught easily anyway.
>>
>>51993406
It's going to be slow. Just serves as a way to encourage non-combat solutions!
>>
>>51993449
All of this talk is just making me realize that running the first game any of us have played on the side of a lone road in the Mojave is probably a very very bad idea.

I'd still like that scenario at some point, but maybe when we're a bit more proficient.
What are some good quick things for me to read into to give me some more info on the Pueblo Corporate Council? Especially around Salt Lake
>>
>>51993527
Forget the lone road part. The bit that should give you pause is "Mojave".

Information on the NAN has always been thin - you'll need to head back to 2 and 3e for that. The 4e books like Corporate Enclaves have a few good notes on the topic, usually as to how the PCC relates to Horizon. I think anyone can get a SIN there for 2000 nuyen or so.
>>
If you want a stationary turret that's able to be moved around, and it's deployable to act as area denial, how do you best do that?

Can you actually upgrade a Smart Weapons Platform?
>>
>>51993751
Apparently you can, but Chummer doesn't account for it.

>>51992817
Heeeeey, can you take a look at the Smart Weapons Platform from the CRB? Page 433. It counts as some sort of pseudo-drone thing, and you can upgrade it's stats. Would you maybe be able to add a thing where it puts it into the Drones/Vehicles section? That way it's easier to upgrade it.
>>
>>51993751
>If you want a stationary turret that's able to be moved around
That's either not a stationary turret, or it's a drone with a weapon mount and tripod.
>>
New to Shadowrun.

Would be a dumb and annoying to make a character who isn't from a city? Whose curriculum vitae mostly consists of fighting a bunch of bush wars and is unused to all the surveilance and need for sublety? Prefers a more direct and confrontational approach and expects bullets and machetes to fly earlier than usual?
>>
>>51994077
The NAN has tribal folks who walk into a city, get a SIN as soon as they demonstrate they really are tribals, usually by speaking the language. There are feral sprawls. You could have him from a south american/african village, used as cannon fodder in the endless bush wars down that way by the local mercs/government forces, sure.

Plenty of places that are pirate/criminal havens, too - Macao, most of Thailand and the Fillipines.
>>
>>51994077
Fully possible to do, mang. Just take the skills for it.
>>
>>51994077
Generally, if you're playing at standard shadowrunner grade, then your character should be either capable enough to know the basics of surveillance and subtlety, be able to observe and follow others' leads, or be part of a team employed to be distractions / sent on suicide missions.

If your team isn't the latter, then you probably shouldn't throw them into such without clearing it by them first. Not just an offhand comment about your PC being feral before the game starts, but a full rundown and check that the team is ok with your character getting them into trouble by being ignorant.

That said, even ferals have shit to deal with, and recognise the need for good eyes and not being seen.
>>
Why would you use 'ware over magic, from an OOC perspective?

It's expensive, easily identifiable, can't be hidden as easily, and just outright lacks a lot of what magic can do.
>>
File: 1487206894595.jpg (451KB, 1600x1740px) Image search: [Google]
1487206894595.jpg
451KB, 1600x1740px
>>51994290
Its versatile, is a lot better to permanently boost stats, can give permanent boosts to mental stats, can do shit that Magic can't (hey there, Pain Editor) and gives you a far higher level of surviviability.
Try reaching 30+ soak at chargen as a Mage without becoming a one-trick pony.
Bioware is pretty hard to identify and scanning for Ware usually gives you only information that there is *ware in a specific place, not the exact type.
>>
>>51994335
Alright, but if you aren't being some massively combat-focused thing made of bullshit, why would you do it?
>>
File: 1488479908750.jpg (569KB, 1000x1663px) Image search: [Google]
1488479908750.jpg
569KB, 1000x1663px
>>51992222
Fresh from the draw thread. Cant wait to use this fucker for my next game and see him inevitably get shot in the face.

On the topic of the OP. Are small unit tactics actually useful? I've never seen them used.
>>
>>51994385
Decently useful, not really anything that's 100% necessarily. It's a good bonus thing, the main problem is that it potentially eats actions, and combat already tends to just end in seconds anyway.
>>
>>51994138
>>51994190
>>51994232
Cool, thanks. Figured I wouldn't play him like a complete retard, but just obviously out of his element, probably recognizing that himself deferring to the rest of the group when it's obviously a good idea.
>>
>>51992349
>>51992367
>>51992426
>>51992446
>>51992451
>>51992482

Sorry>>51992320 but the guys are right, bows are way to bad to compare to firearms, even in the hands of an adept or samurai.

Pistol crossbow has the advantage with explosive and shock bolts, which do always the same damage, unrelated to the weapon used to fire them, even if you would use a goddamn harpoon rifle.

Or use the giantslayer sling as tool to for firing RFID chips or PP capsules at enemies.

Your GM might allow the quickdraw action for bows, which makes them suck less.
Crossbows are also a better than bows, since they don't scale on strenght and have a magazine + semi- automatic.

Most potent damage you can get out of a bow ist havin 10 str and using injection arrows filled with narco jet, since you do weapon damage, and the toxin damage at the end of the turn.
>>
>>51994383
It lets you dip into utility you need post character creation. Lets say you are the decker, but you need to keep up with everyone when shit hits the fan. With some partial cyberlegs you can slap on some skimmers and not have to go all in like you would for being an adept or mage. Don't forget those great pheromone boosters!
>>
>>51994385
best usend when the face is the commander and can combine it with an use of leadership to boost dice pools.
>>
>>51994437
Yeah, it's yet another thing that was a """problem""" in SR4, and then CGL backpedaled way too hard.

It was only an issue because of MRSI software allowing two shots in the same Complex Action to be counted as a single shot, effectively doubling your damage, which enabled Troll Archers to just outright kill an MBT in one turn.
>>
Hey /Srg/, Im gonna be running my players through a spooky cargo ship off the coast of Miami, i havent had time to actually plan out the ship or anything. any recommendations on what they should encounter that completments the spookiness of a big empty cargo vessel? Bugs? Shedim?Animals?
>>
>>51994863
How about a crazy norwegian hobo? Or magical sharks, that'd be cool.
>>
>>51994863
Bugs is a good idea, Shedim only if your group is really high powered.
A ton of corpses and a bunch of infected would probably be also quite nice.
>>
>>51994863
What sort of spooky are you going for?

Are you going for magic, tech, or something else?

What's your party composition?
>>
So /srg/, I'm going to be playing a mute near-full cyborg combat machine. Any tips or ideas on how I can play this character to make game moments really fun?
>>
>>51994863
The ghosts of a million drowned cuban escapees. Or just the ghosts of a million uni-aged wannabe commies.
>>
>>51994939
>Mute

Grab a full-Auto Combatshotgun with flechette ammo and vocaly announce your intent to use flechette supressive fire as often as possible.
>>
>>51994922
Comp is a Rigger, Street Sam, Blade adept, Marksman Adept, Technomancer and Magician. Im trying to nail a level of creepy somewhere between deadspace and the early portions of the Aliens movie. Essentially they show up, see another boat docked up alongside of it and at first as they explore the upper decks they find no signs of anybody. A few old full soycaf mugs, some interupted dinners, that sorta schtick. Its only until they hit the lower decks that bad shit starts popping up, whatever that bad shit will be.
The Blade is a former Yak brusier, The rigger is a former armed transporter for Evo, The street sam is a CAS infantrymen turned criminal, the techno was the "property" of a cartel, the marksman is former lonestar and the mage is NAN with PTSD towards a bad mission against some bug shamans. They are all doing runs against their will.
>>
>>51994969
Have the boat people have died, with the bodies mutilated and spread around the ship in pieces. On the astral, and slightly on the normal, the party can make out complicated designs that seem to be painted onto the boat with blood. When they enter a certain area, it turns out that the etchings are a triggered ward, which slams down a magical barrier at the edges of the boat, and creates a silence and fog area around it. The party is now trapped among the tight corridors with a crazed cannibal adept with flexibility powers and the ability to change their face, and play dead.
>>
>>51995006
...I love it. Thank you Anons. Imma start writing it out now. Will keep you guys posted.
>>
Are a datajack and a comlink all that I need to experience both AR and VR or do I still need 'ware for all my senses?
>>
>>51996344
You'll need a hot-sim module in your comlink if you want the full experience, but beyond that, you're good.
>>
>>51992817
Hey Yekka. Drone arms are still messed up. Adding enhancements GIVES you money, and clicking on the enhancements after purchasing them crashes Chummer.
>>
>>51996356
Alright, thanks
>>
>>51994383
Contrary to popular belief there is a lot of cyber and bioware that is for noncombat characters.

You can make a very decent cyberface, an engineer, decker or B&E specialist with ware.
>>
File: 100.jpg (72KB, 580x820px) Image search: [Google]
100.jpg
72KB, 580x820px
>>51994969
I... just sent my group in a run to recover a missing research vessel of the coast of Cuba, belonging to Aztechnology who's there incognito doing research on a mana line. Everything is heavily inspired by Dead Space, Resident Evil: Revelations and Alien Resurrection. What are the odds?

They've just cleared the top deck, encountering a couple dehydrated zombies and a completely empty bridge. We cut the session when they stumbled upon the first of the "Corps Cadavre" that haunt the lower decks, the spirits tied to their dead bodies by the mana line in a way reminiscent of cybermancy, which is why Aztechnology was here in the first place. Also there is a summoned Blood Spirit in the Magical Research Deck, also tied to this plane despite being out of Essence to suck for days, and therefore VERY hungry.

Tip: find ways to split the party. Our Yak Assassin made the Rigger crap his pants by casually sneaking behind him just after he found the first mutilated body
>>
>>51993112
(BODx2)+4DV -(STR)AP physical damage.

>>51993751
IIRC you can render a drone stationary for extra capacity. Slap a flexible weapon mount on that and upgrade to your heart's content.

>>51993751
Oh yeah should mention area denial works best with something that has a high ammo capacity and FA capability for extended suppressive fire. Good damage is a bonus.
For when subtelty and cash are no restriction an HMG is ideal. A more pragmatic approach might be an FN HAR with the extended clip upgrade.
Stealth mode: chameleon coating for drone and gun, ARES Sigma 3 w/ suppressor and subsonic rounds

If you want to put a grenade launcher on there (underbarrel or otherwise) gas and smoke grenades work pretty great for your purposes. Smoke puts down heavy visibility modifiers for shooting and gas grenades can be loaded with things like neuro-stun or pepper punch to keep unprotected folks out of certain areas.

How does DMSO fare when aerolised? Could mix up a bunch with naga venom for expensive cloudkill grenades.
>>
>>51992222
Colt Agent Special/Savalette Guardian combo makes logistics much easier

Also form-fitting body armour worn all the time, with softweave and nonconductivity 5.
>>
I'm a 9 AGI/9STR cybered up sneaker. What's my best bet for killing things which are far away?
>>
>>51999245
Crocket EBR from Core. Uses Longarms and is usable in most ranges.

If you need to kill shit quietly slap a silencer.
>>
>>51999245
9 AGI/9 STR means you can pick up pretty much any gun and use it effectively. Get a sniper rifle or something.
>>
>>51999245
How far away are you talking? Like "end of the hallway" far or "across the city" far?
>>
>>51999595
Urban infiltration combat, so, outside melee range but generally inside the same warehouse.
>>
>>51997691
This is amazing, I'm going to steal this for my group, wantet to make a magic based run anyway.
>>
>>51999757
Addendum: Current idea is bows but apparently bows are liquid crap with their action economy.
>>
>>51999849
Bows can be surprisingly good... if you use a bit of homebrew. You at least need to be able to make loading an arrow a free action via Nimble Fingers or a Reloading Arm to make them viable.
>>
>>51999757
Crossbows can do 12s(e) w/ 5 AP when loaded with Static Shafts and SnS Heads. This does the same damage whether its a Light or Heavy Crossbow, so you can carry around a Light Crossbow which can deliver an Instant 12s(e) shock. The range of the Light Crossbow falls between a Heavy Pistol and SMG, but modifying it with a Smartgun system can help you reach out and hit folks from further away. Its harder to conceal than Pistols though. And you have to invest in Archery to use it, which isn't good for much else. Of course, if they don't see the attack coming you don't need to roll too many dice anyways.

If thats not your choice, a Suppressed Guardian or Predator does its job fine if you're not trying to stealth takedown Armored Trolls. If you are, Capsule Rounds loaded with DMSO Narcojet will work. Downside is that it takes a little while to do its job.
>>
>>51999880
Well, bows can actually be quite strong if you know your arrows. Take Hammerhead arrowheads with Static Shafts and you're looking at STR+7 stun damage, and depending on your GM you might get that precious -5 AP.
>>
>>51999849
Bows are not bad if you're trying to knock out people in one go.

Static shaft + Shock arrow is 12Stun, that will knockout anything but the heaviest of security in one go and it works against Drones too.

Bows are shit when you're facing a lot of enemies in direct combat and are fighting heavily armored foes.
>>
>>51999935
Yeah, Omae, I wouldn't let someone at my table combine a Static Shaft with anything but a SnS Head (and get the bonus damage).

I think its pretty clear that the Static Shaft is only meant to be combined with the SnS Head. The Static Shaft is only referenced in connection with the SnS Head, not mentioned on its own as a way to supplement the damage of other types of Heads.

For example, the Seeker Shaft has this line: "Seeker shafts are compatible with any variety of arrow as long as the type only affects the head of the arrow". This is indicating it can be used in conjunction with any Head, but it can't be combined with a Static Shaft.

I'd rather let Bowfags reload as a Free Action by Reloading Rail, Nimble Fingers, etc. And let Bow Ratings go above 10, because Orks, Dwarves, and Trolls can do better than just Rating 10.
>>
>>52000190
Hell, just ignore rating and base bow damage off strength.
>>
Is Chummer not supposed to let me add grenade launchers to Heavy Mounts on drones or is there a rule that I missed somewhere ?
>>
>>51998115
>(BODx2)+4DV -(STR)AP physical damage.

Kek, the chest bump is more damaging than a hit with a combat axe
>>
>>52001048
Would you rather be chestslammed by a troll or hit with a combat axe?

That's what I thought.
>>
Fuck you, /srg/, I thought this was a Wasteland thread
>>
Would the Clean Air spell get rid of fog?
>>
>>51994385
Wait, there's a fucking mechanic for using tactics?
>>
Cybercombat/Brute Force Vs Hacking/HotF: What are the tldr pros and cons of each approach to decking?
>>
>>51992222
>

What do the tir tairngire ghosts look like?
>>
>>52002599
Cybercombat is for quick hit'n'runs where you need something hacked fast and back out again; Hacking is for longer jobs where you want to stay put and sneaky for a while.
>>
>>52002618
Elves in combat armor that looks vaguely medieval.
>>
>>52002777

ima fucking retard, I meant the Wildcats.
>>
If I equip a drone with an Ares Alpha, can it use the underslung grenade launcher ? Will I need a seperate autosoft for the grenade launcher and for the rifle bit or will one autosoft be enough ?
>>
>>52003128
>[Weapon] Targeting: This is the Gunnery skill, but for a weapon of a specific model. If you mount an Ingram Smartgun, you’ll need an Ingram Smartgun Targeting autosoft for it.

Lets reword that and look at the details.

>This is the Gunnery skill, but for a weapon of a specific model.
Gunnery is not weapon specific - "Gunnery is used when fring any vehicle-mounted weapon."

>If you mount an Ares Alpha, you’ll need an Ares Alpha Targeting autosoft for it.
The autosoft is weapon specific, but not skill specific.
>>
Did the Magic Fingers make it to 5e?

Is using that spell to hit people at range with a melee weapon a good strategy for stealth kills or is it better to just use that invisible hand to fondle people while they talk?

Still, I'd like to have opinions on both telekinesis spells and melee weapons, please
>>
>>52003273
Since IIRC your STR and AGI are your net hits I don't think it's so good for long range melee (wow, what a phrase) and more suited to either use more more guns with sustained magic fingers or for long range manipulation (pressing a button through a window, moving a distant object, pressing things without leaving fingerprints/residue when not using gloves, etc)
>>
>>52003315
How about giving it to a high strength character and use it to retrieve your weapon after you hurled it at someone, mjolnir style?

Also with the whole manipulating things without leaving prints and opening stuff by looking through windows it already sounds like a neat trick even if you don't plan on using it in combat
>>
File: tumblr_n19su0TgkE1ss2ekao1_500.png (170KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_n19su0TgkE1ss2ekao1_500.png
170KB, 500x281px
>>52002929
Native Americans in milspec armor.
>>
should u cut a d eal with a dragonn srg ?
>>
>>52004012
Only if they're a trustworthy one, like Lofwyr.
>>
File: 1432584170294.jpg (631KB, 849x1200px) Image search: [Google]
1432584170294.jpg
631KB, 849x1200px
>>52004041
>tfw you've dealt with two dragons in the same campaign.
>>
does anyone here play on runnerhub?

I'm thinking of joining but it seems like a circlejerk
>>
File: SURGE I.jpg (61KB, 750x750px) Image search: [Google]
SURGE I.jpg
61KB, 750x750px
>>51992268
Does it say that you have to buy 30 points of SURGE at Level III?

The way I read SURGEgen, you pay the karma cost to determine the amount of randomness, and you get up to 30 karma's worth of qualities. Surely there's enough qualities for you to make a t'skrang, or obisidiman, or whatever thematic being you want without always taking the same negatives (which are at least partially dictated by the desired 'metatype' anyways).
>>
>>52004092
Its definitely a circle jerk.
Its fine if what you want is a very gamey Shadowrun experience. You set up a meet with the Johnson, accept the run, do your legwork, do the run, then come back in for your rewards. For anything else, Roll20 is a better bet.
>>
>>51992693
>put something on 4chan for review

Things No Company Will Ever Do

also thinking that /srg/ will reduce the overall level of autism in the game is a mistake
>>
File: 1445561927601.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1445561927601.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
>>51993170
One of the things I like about SR is that they managed to avoid making AGI the godstat. Don't fuck that up.
>>
File: GMing A New System.gif (2MB, 300x169px) Image search: [Google]
GMing A New System.gif
2MB, 300x169px
>>51993232
>I don't actually have much in the way of a full campaign written out

As a rule a GM does not need a campaign written out, especially before the game has even begun, and it is in fact a bad idea to do so.
>>
File: TrustworthyDragons.png (480KB, 1208x387px) Image search: [Google]
TrustworthyDragons.png
480KB, 1208x387px
>>52004041
>>
File: Desert Soldier.jpg (162KB, 1200x833px) Image search: [Google]
Desert Soldier.jpg
162KB, 1200x833px
>>51993556
>I think anyone can get a SIN there for 2000 nuyen or so.

It takes something like 10 years for your shares to mature to the point where you get a SIN. Also, they are very careful with who can buy shares these days to prevent things like a secret buyout.
>>
How much edge do you normally want? Is it better to aim 1 priority above the race you plan to take to get the extra points for edge?
>>
>>52004481
As much as you can get really, although tanking it and buying it up during play is also a decent option. It's very lucrative to invest in.
>>
>>52004195
Oh, apparently you're right. Wow, I've been doing that really, really fucking wrong for a long time.

Alright, my mistake then, but there's still a huge problem in that there's just not enough negative qualities from it to go around.
>>
>>52004286
Dreamscarred Press for Pathfinder, and a bunch of other 3pp companies did it, and it actually worked out remarkably well.
>>
How do you know if a weapon is one handed or two handed? Sometimes it will outright say it, and sometimes its just common sense, for instance a combat knife is one hand and a claymore is two, but what about weapons like the Ares Monosword and a long Cougar Fineblade?
>>
>>52004778
If it says nothing it's onehanded
>>
>>52004778
Reach 1 is generally a 1h, Reach 2 is generally a 2h. It's not a hard and fast, but it's at least a rough guideline.
>>
>>52004583
There are 2 ways to use edge, get 2-3 points so you have some rerolls, or max it and go full mister lucky. 7 rolls a session with +7 dice is GOAT.
>>
>>51993163
Just believe in yourself, friend. The Knight of Worlds has your back.
>>
>>52004886
Edge is the only attribute/skill that doesn't require time to raise ingame, so having it start on the low end isn't quite as terrible as it first seems.
>>
File: 1479068017000.jpg (1MB, 903x1000px) Image search: [Google]
1479068017000.jpg
1MB, 903x1000px
>>52006094
So long as you don't turn into one of those people who keeps buying it back up from 0 to 1 for infinite lives at 10 karma a pop.
>>
>>52006210
I don't even have a problem with that unless they're being idiotically suicidal on purpose.

Actually I might not even have a problem with that either if it's funny enough.
>>
>>52006210
There's a relatively simple way around attempts at edge shenanigans.

>Instead of dying, though, the character manages to keep breathing somehow and maintain a thin thread of a pulse, giving others a chance to stabilize her and hopefully provide some quick healing.

After burning edge, the character is still unstabilised, and will slowly fill their physical overflow. Put them in a situation where response time for assistance is longer than the time it takes to bleed out and die.
>>
>>52006461
Spend 10 Karma, get point of Edge, burn point of Edge to auto-stabilize.
>>
>>52006474
>burn point of Edge to auto-stabilize
No.

>giving others a chance to stabilize her and hopefully provide some quick healing.

>others

Burn edge to not die and wait for assistance that will (hopefully) stabilise you.
>>
>>52004778
I would put both of them as one-handed. Monosword is a side-grade to the generic one-handed Sword, with one more AP and one less ACC. The Long Fineblade has 0 reach and is modeled after the Gladius, a decidedly one-handed sword.

Is someone at your table actually considering purchasing the Cougar Fineblades?
>>
>>52006325
Let's face it, 10 karma is a fair bit of karma. Like 3 runs, if the GM is really stingy.
>>
>>52006461

That is easy to get around with the various methods of auto-stabilizing, which are very cheep precautions to take.
>>
File: tumblr_nn6dncFudC1usm1uvo1_400.jpg (44KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_nn6dncFudC1usm1uvo1_400.jpg
44KB, 393x500px
>>52006571
Didn't they end up putting the stabilizer patch chemicals in as a drug, so you could wear it as an auto-injector?
>>
>Mystic Adept
>Take Heightened Concentration
>Take a dose of Psyche
>You can now sustain 3 spells with zero penalty
>Objectively better than a Sustaining Focus or Focused Concentration
>>
>>52006646
In which case you can escalate with stabilisation penalties and forced rolls to stabilise.

We're not talking, "PC was shot on a run" here. This is for "PC blew up a car bomb on driving it into corporate HQ" or "PC was ejected from an orbital space station" types of situations.

>>52006650
You tell me.
>>
>>52004778

Any blade over reach 1 is 2 handed, 1 or under for reach is 1 handed. The katana is questionable, so double check it with your GM.

>>52006572

Why wouldnt they, isn't the long fineblade the best knife though? ignoring the vibro stuff.
>>
>>52006695
>The katana is questionable
If they want a one handed katana, tell them to use a sword.
>>
>>52006691
Well, I have no idea beyond a vague feeling that they did. That's why I'm asking. So /srg/'s weird, distributed, grognardy knowledge base can all come together and maybe spew out the answer.
>>
>>52006695
The Katana is explicitly a two-handed Weapon, "The legendary two-handed sword of the
samurai."

I've always imagined the Long Fineblade as a sword, not a knife. It has 0 Reach though, so you might be right, none of the other swords in 5e have 0 Reach.
>>
>>52006691

I feel like you should just say no if that's the kind of approach you're taking, if you are straight up changing the rules for the purpose of killing a character in your game, just kill the character, you are the GM, it is your right to be the arbiter of life and death.

>>52006650

There is a thing called a savior med kit in chrome flesh, in it is a special nanite injection that allows a stabilization test every minute with a dice pool of like, 12 or something. And you can put that in an auto injector.
>>
>>52006695
>Cyborgs augmented beyond the constraints of metahumanity.
>Mystical warriors in touch with rare superhuman abilities
>Forced to use 2 hands for anything
>2078
>>
File: GaoGao.png (78KB, 520x390px) Image search: [Google]
GaoGao.png
78KB, 520x390px
>>51992222
Welp, I finally did it. I made a Drake.
>>
>>52006809
Yeah, I remember that one. I'm just fairly sure I've seen it as some sort of chemical. Oh well.
>>52006834
Mate, if that's the char picture it looks like less a drake, more the crossbreed of a lizard and my little pony.
>>
How do I make a villainous willy wonka, anons?
I'm going to have the runners assigned to steal the endless gobstopper.
>>
>>52006875
Changeling, astral hazing, arcane resistor, basically ball him up and make him a magic stopping machine. Then have him as a villainous chemical researcher for ZetaImpChem who uses advanced nanotech and bioware to create candy. We're talking mouth-mounted gummy-glands in all his workers, taking shifts to extrude their reserves who are all twisted and pained into abhuman creatures (oompaloompas) by all the implants. So they'll go from gummy-glanding on the conveyor belt, to shitting literal chocolate, to being juiced of their sweet-syrups, their fast-growing candy-hair being shorn, needles being jammed in through cyber-ports (no pain relief, because the screams make candy taste more fun!) to extract internal candy glands, then they're sent to bed to recover and do it all again tommorrow while the next shift comes out.

The gobstopper is actually a ball of self-perpetuating nanites that eats flesh from the inside of the mouth to regenerate itself, eventually forming a nanite-chain throughout the body who pass along matter like a bucket chain so it doesn't wear down one place too much.
>>
>>52006709

It is true that that the write up for the Katana says that it is "The legendary two-handed sword of the samurai." But given the fact that it is the same size and length of the monosword, that it can be use one handed in real life, and that putting it in the two handed category drastically reduces its effectiveness, there is a clear argument for it being usable in one hand. So like I said, check with your GM.

>>52006768

Its described as a gladius length blade, but is still more concealable than a full sword.

>>52006828

In 4th they had rules for one handing stuff, you can port them over if you feel like it.
>>
>Take Stealth RFID Tag
>Add a Module with two packs of parts
>Add Self-Destruct Module for 200 Nuyen
>Have a bag of these
>You now have a bag full of on-demand remote-activated bombs for far less than explosives cost
>Almost completely impossible to detect
>>
>>52006935
Oh! And if youj stop sucking, the nanite-chain begins creating more nanites so a second flavourball eventually grows in your mouth. And if you put the original back in, eventually you have two seperate gobstoppers once the second finishes growing.
>>
>>52006942
>But given the fact that it is the same size and length of the monosword, that it can be use one handed in real life, and that putting it in the two handed category drastically reduces its effectiveness, there is a clear argument for it being usable in one hand.
No, there's a dislike for what is clear RAW, and a call for homebrew.
>>
>>52006851
Drakes are pretty bad in my favored edition, and have about as much teeth to them as a large dog would. Seemed appropriate.
>>
>>52007058
Or you could do the same with a bunch of microtransceivers, and instead of taking longer to spot via the matrix, they're completely invisible to matrix perception and have a 1km range.
>>
>>52007253
Wait, how can you not spot them?
>>
>>52007250
4e?

Poor Bobby. I still wonder what he was thinking there, the rest of his rules/fluff were solid. 150 karma? Jesus.
>>
>>52007262
>Wireless: The micro-transceiver’s range becomes worldwide.
>>
>>52007274
Anon.

We're talking about using them as grenades.

How does the range of their wireless signal really matter, when the people searching for them aren't going to be a million miles away, but rather within a ~100m at most?
>>
>>52007286

When the micro-transceiver is wireless off, the reception range is 1km (pretty fucking important for detonating the self destruct). When it is wireless off, micro-transceiver signals are not carried via the matrix, and by RAW entirely circumvent matrix rules.

You have the equivalent of a frag grenade in a device the size of an earbud + subvocal mic, with a detonator that can't be intercepted. Take a moment.
>>
>>52007222

Yes, but in a rule set as poorly written as shadowrun, where there is no clear division between fluff and rules, strict RAW can eat a big old dick. As a related example, the Highland Forge Claymore is one handed as far as RAW is concerned.
>>
>>52007271
It's only 130, but yeah. It's pretty great handicap.

The Hardened Armor you get isn't enough to stop a fork wielded by a moderately buff human, the fire breath only hits as hard as a light pistol, and the handful of stat buffs you get don't nearly make up for being unable to use cyberware or wear armor.

The only really unique thing you get is a fly speed.
>>
>>52007357
I... what? How the fuck is it receiving a signal if it's off, anon.

The signal itself is detectable.
>>
>>52007359
You got a source on that?
>>
>>52007387
Ok, going slower ...

Micro-transceiver = self destruct bomb

Wireless On = worldwide micro-transceiver range through matrix

Wireless Off = 1km micro-transceiver range and no matrix
>>
>>52007442
And you can still detect it with radar scanners or something else that'll pick up the signal.

Like, yes, a 1km range is good, but it's by no means undetectable.
>>
>>52007477
>SNOOP
>(COMPLEX ACTION)
>Marks Required: 1
>Test: Electronic Warfare + Intuition [Sleaze] v. Logic + Firewall
>This action lets you intercept Matrix traffc sent to and from your target for as long as you have the target marked. You can listen to, view, or read this data live, or you can save it for later playback/viewing if you have something to store it on (your deck will do).

Nope.
>>
>>52007486
>TRACE ICON
>(COMPLEX ACTION)
>Marks Required: 2
>Test: Computer + Intuition [Data Processing] v. Willpower + Sleaze
>You fnd the physical location of a device or persona in the Matrix. After succeeding with this action, you know the target’s location for as long as you have at least one mark on the target. This doesn’t work on hosts because they generally have no physical location, or IC programs because they are confned to their hosts.

And more nope.
>>
>>52007486
Are you purposefully being retarded, anon?

Use a non-matrix scanner.
>>
>>52007365
Yeah. For like 30 karma with your free choice of magician quality it'd be okay. Given the whole permenent 'wanted by dragons of all stripes and their trueborn greater-than-you servant' thing. Guessing Ghostwalker will probably try building another book of blue scales and establish drake breeding lines in the future.

5e's one is okay. Not fab, though.
>>
>>52007508
>>52007510
>Bug scanner: Also called a radio signal scanner, this device locates and locks in wireless devices within 20 meters. The scanner can also measure a signal’s strength and pinpoint its location. To operate a bug scanner, roll Electronic Warfare + Logic [Rating]. A device that is running silent (like a Stealth tag) can use its Logic + Sleaze to defend against the scan. If you get any net hits at all, you fnd the device.

And ultimate nope.
>>
>>52007442
Out of curiosity, where does it say that it doesn't use the matrix?
It's entry in the core book just says it can communicate with other micro-transceivers and commlinks, nothing about staying off the net.
>>
>>52007518
>Scans for radio signals
>Micro-trans is using radio signals
>HURR ITS NOT MATRIX IT FAILS
No.
>>
>>52007521
>When an item has additional functionality when connected to the Matrix, it’s described under the “Wireless” entry in the item’s description. This functionality only applies when the device has access to the Matrix, which is most of the time unless your gamemaster says otherwise, like if you’ve entered a wireless static zone.

Really getting back to basics on wireless bonuses, eh?

>>52007541
>this device locates and locks in wireless devices within 20 meters
I get you're simple, but try to be less obvious about it.
>>
>>52007417
You mean the one handed claymore? Its in the claymore rules, or to be more accurate, its not in the claymore rules, nowhere does it actually say its 2 handed. Same goes for a few other 2 handers, common sense says they're 2 handed, but RAW makes no such ruling.
>>
>>52007551
Anon.

The bomb is in, for example, their car.

If they are scanning their car with the bug scanner, they will be within 20 meters of their car.

How is this even requiring explanation?

They don't need to find you sitting a full 1km away, they need to find the bomb.
>>
>>52007562
They don't say they're one-handed, either. Which means common sense prevails.
>>
>>52007562
Alright, then where does it say that unless it says so, that it's a 1h?
>>
>>52007551
So if it doesn't use the matrix, and it doesn't use radio signals, how does it broadcast at all?
>>
>>52007581
They can use the device specifically designed to find wireless devices all they like. The micro-transceiver is not an active wireless device. Catch up already.
>>
>>52007511
By the way, where was the 'DRAGONS GONNA MAKE YOU A SLAVE' thing from? Runner's Companion doesn't mention that at all, just that you're a Rare Weird Thing and that lots of corporations and research groups and dragons probably wanna study you, which sounded about the level of being a Technomancer rather than 'you must have a patron or you will be hunted to death'
>>
>>52007598
I don't need to explain the science behind it, just how it works.
>>
>>52007583

And if I was running the game that would be my response, but it doesn't change the fact that under strict RAW it doesn't take 2 hands to use. The point of mentioning it, was that it was a related example of how sometimes you need to allow some interpretation to the cluster fuck that is the shadowrun rule set.
>>
>>52007603
Uh, maybe I'm thinking of 3e? I was sure there was something about "Dragons gonna gitcha, dragondildos out for YOU" in there.

There's true drakes, which are the kind that dragons make as a weird form of ally replacement spirit because elves are uppity arrogant fucks, and then there's bred drakes which dragons love and see as their property as a result of an accident involving a book and a ten year old getting catholic in the ED era - dragons want those because they're almost as good as a regular drake but need no huge investment to create.
>>
>>52007601
Anon, is the device hardwired into the thing sending the signal from 1km away?

No?

Then how is it getting the signal?

Through wireless radio transmission.

What does a Bug Scanner scan for?

Radio signals.

What is a wireless radio transmission?

A radio signal.

What does this mean?

It means that a bug scanner can potentially detect it.

It also means that you're a retard.
>>
>>52007551
It clearly communicates with other micro-transceivers somehow, and since there's not any wires involved, that means it's a wireless signal.
Bug tapper doesn't specify that it can only pick up wireless matrix connections, it just says signals.
>>
>>52007636
>What does a Bug Scanner scan for?
Devices connected to the Matrix, which means specific bands of signals. None of which micro-transceivers operate within when wireless off.

>What does this mean?
Micro-transceivers are not detectable by bug scanners.

It also means that you're a retard.
>>
>>52007648
>Bug tapper doesn't specify that it can only pick up wireless matrix connections
Literally the first thing it says.

>Bug scanner: Also called a radio signal scanner, this device locates and locks in wireless devices within 20 meters.
>>
>>52007594

Where does it say you need ANY hands to use a weapon? I'm not trying to say that the claymore should be used one handed, I'm using it as an example of times where you have to use common sense and interpretation, and that the same things can be applied to there being an argument for one handed katanas.
>>
>>52007673
I don't see any mentions of a matrix connection there.
There's a useful word for devices that communicate over distance without the use of wires.
>>
>>52007673
No, anon.

It says that it picks up wireless devices.

The micro-transceiver is both wireless and a device.

It does not need to use the matrix to be wireless, but rather, it gets a bonus from piggybacking on the matrix infrastructure.
>>
>>52007716
>>52007722
>When an item has additional functionality when connected to the Matrix, it’s described under the “Wireless” entry in the item’s description. This functionality only applies when the device has access to the Matrix
Already quoted this.

I get it. You two have been shocked out of complacency by rules interactions that you had previously passed over, and now you're trying to force your way back into the way you thought it worked. Better off adjusting or letting it go.
>>
>>52007716
>>52007722
>The world is wireless. Almost every device you can think of has been computerized and equipped with a wireless link, including your microwave, your gun, maybe even your eyes. Every gear item has a wireless-enabled computer built in. Even non-electronic items without any moving parts have built-in computers, so now your pants can store your favorite music (and tell you when it’s time to do the laundry).

>Because nearly every piece of gear and ’ware is wireless capable, it means nearly every piece of gear and cyberware benefts dramatically from being “meshed” into your wireless personal area network and the Matrix as a whole.

Simple fact is, wireless means connected to the matrix.
>>
>>52007796
>Simple fact is, wireless means connected to the matrix.
So the micro-transceiver is connected to the matrix at all times then?
Because it doesn't use wires.
>>
>>52007810
>So the micro-transceiver is connected to the matrix at all times then?
That's (you missing) the point. Separated from the matrix and anything that standard devices check, the micro-transceiver still has a 1km range.
>>
>>52007834
>separated from...anything that standard devices check
So a bug scanner's not a standard device?
Unlike the matrix actions quoted upthread
>>52007486
>>52007508
That specifically mention matrix traffic, the bug scanner only mentions wireless signal.
No specificity about what source or transmission mechanic, no matrix, just wireless.
Unless you can somehow say that your ranged communication device with no physical connection isn't wireless, you're just pulling shit out of your ass.
>>
>>52007957
>No specificity about what source or transmission mechanic, no matrix, just wireless.
'Wireless' means 'Matrix', anon. Unless you can unquestionably prove otherwise within the source material, in the face of source material that says 'Wireless' means 'Matrix', then you're just jumping on shit you don't like in the hope of making it disappear.
>>
>>52007995
Did you come from /pfg/?
>>
>>52007995
>in the face of source material that says 'Wireless' means 'Matrix'
If you'd post it, I'd love to see it.
>>52007796
Never says that wireless unequivocally means matrix, it just uses wireless as a descriptor, shockingly, for things that don't use wires.
Your entire argument seems to hinge on the idea that the definition of wireless has changed from "transference of data or power without wires" to "things that connect to the matrix"
>>
>>52007995

To chime in on this conversation, the Bug Scanner states that it 'locates and locks in wireless devices within 20
meters', note the lack of specification that the wireless device needs to be operating wirelessly. Is this a cheesy as fuck way to read this, yes, but it is exactly as valid as your reading on the micro transceivers. In short, the Bug Scanner can find a Micro Transceiver, even if what you claim is true.
>>
File: david-schmelling-wan1-g.jpg (134KB, 832x900px) Image search: [Google]
david-schmelling-wan1-g.jpg
134KB, 832x900px
Have they collated the Run Faster errata into a PDF yet, or is Pat still shitting on his idea of badwrongfun?
>>
Okay /srg/, help me settle something.

Does Flechette Ammo apply Shotgun rules? i.e. does it give a gun narrow choke?
>>
I'm tossing around an idea for an adept power. Critique it:

Pain Control: Magic has suffused your body and where it begins to fail, the magic has learned to fill the gaps. Bullets and wounds have no meaning to the man with no reason to stop, and at the end of the day, it is willpower that wins fights.

Adepts with this power can ignore wound modifiers up to their willpower stat, and never pass out from taking full Stun damage. On the downside, the adept regularly pushes themselves when they should not, requiring twice the amount of time to naturally heal wounds. As the saying goes; there is no rest for the wicked.

Cost: 1.5 power points.
>>
>>52008415
Unless they're a dwarf, it'll be cheaper to take 6 ranks of pain resistance. The only odd bit is the pain editor-esque section. Adept Powers don't normally have a downside. I'd just make it a secondary power that duplicates a pain editor for 1pp and require pain resistance.
>>
>>52008454
Because pain resistance is .5 and one rank of that +1 is 1.5
>>
Give me good melee street sam names.
>>
>>52008502
Huh. I'm sure it was .25. Just make it a bolt on pain editor, a direct duplication when active with a complex action to activate/deactivate, prevent any sort of healing while it's on, magical or natural.
>>
File: Evo-Krime 'Krime Wing'.png (808KB, 1021x699px) Image search: [Google]
Evo-Krime 'Krime Wing'.png
808KB, 1021x699px
Hey, /srg/, is it at all advisable to allow a rigger to begin a campaign with one of pic related in their garage? Or should i just tell them to use an Ares Venture instead?
>>
>>52008415
At 1.5 PP, it's expensive as hell, but it's an Adept version of the Pain Editor.

I'm... conflicted, because on the one hand, it's a good idea, and it fits thematically. It's got concrete basis in the form of monks and tibetan guys doing insane shit through sheer willpower/"magic" to bear it.

On the other hand, it's a buff to magic, which is potentially questionable, but it has a really high opportunity cost to grab it.

It's likely a decent enough idea, and I'll probably run it by GMs at some point to see about testing it maybe?
>>
>>52008530
Slab Bulkhead.
>>
>>52008415

The natural healing time penalty is nothing, this also completely blows pain resistance out of the water. Personally I wouldn't allow it, the simple fix is to make pain resistance just flat reduce injury penalties, rather than the weak ass version it has now.
>>
>>52008112
>>52008251
Here's your problem.

You can legitimately take every means available to remove a micro-transceiver off the matrix - noise, jammers, etc - even make it a throwback micro-transceiver.

It still has a range of 1 kilometre, short of GM fiat, rule zero, "I say so because it's my game" table decision.

Anything else is how you feel.
>>
>>52008534
How can the player afford it? Didn't that thing cost over 2 million nuYen?
Flying vehicles are very situational in Shadowrun, and there are not many runners with planes on their garages, making them sick too much.
>>
>>52008636
>heres your problem
That's not anything I have a problem with though.
The argument was about whether the bug scanner can pick up all wireless signals, or just matrix wireless signals.
The range is just part of the statline, no issues there.
>>
How do you handle run rewards?
The rules for them are a bit weird, since you can't tell your players how much money they'll get until the run is over, and I'm not sure if its on the base of a single run per session. If it is a run per session, does it increase if the run extends itself across multiple sessions?
How much money would it be for a run "Too good to pass" or for a run to not be worth the trouble?
>>
>>52008636
My question is: how does a bug scanner detect a passive device? If the micro-tran is just waiting for a signal, it shouldn't be sending any signals out. The only signal would be an incoming one, which makes detection, at least in the case of a bomb, completely pointless.
>>
>>52008697
>you can't tell your players how much money they'll get until the run is over

Why not have Mr. Johnson tell them?
>>
>>52008686
>That's not anything I have a problem with though.
Then you've missed the importance of the statement.

>>52008698
>how does a bug scanner detect a passive device?
I never said it does.
>>
>>52008747
>Then you've missed the importance of the statement.
Well it seems like you're saying it's a device that sends a signal 1km wirelessly.
Sounds fine to me.
>>
>>52008747
>I never said it does.
Yeah, which is why I don't get the whole point of this discussion. It doesn't matter what sort of bandwith the scanner checks. If the transciever isn't on the Matrix, it won't have an icon. If it isn't actively communicating, then it isn't giving out signals. It doesn't matter because the transciever is sending nothing, and as such, should be completely undetectable.
>>
>>52008728
Half of the "multipliers" related to the run are about stuff that may happen or not, and the rules telling you that even if you plan for X to happen, if they avoid it they don't get the rewards. If you can't calculate the money before the run, then what are you supposed to tell?
>>
>>52008777
>A network topology is the shape of the connections in a network. Technically speaking, the Matrix is a ubiquitous ad-hoc wireless mesh network. Te “wireless mesh” part means that every device makes contact with every other device it can. “Ad-hoc” means that this is done on the fly. This is necessary because devices like vehicles and commlinks are often constantly moving, so the topology of the Matrix has to change over time in any given area. This creates a “cloud” of constant wireless traffic in any area with more than one device as each device passes connection information, data, messages, or just keeps track of neighboring devices. [...] All an area needs for it to stop being a dead zone is enough wireless devices, of which at least one can reach the rest of the Matrix.
>When a wireless device needs to pass information to another device in mutual Signal range, it simply sends the data. If the destination is not within this range, [...] the information travels from device to device in a process called routing. When information is routed between devices, it is non-sequentially sliced into a number of pieces and sent to the recipient via multiple paths; this makes it almost impossible to intercept the traffic except within Signal range of the sender or the receiver, the only places the information is in one readable piece. The routing functions of a device are handled by a separate component of hardware than the other functions of the device. This makes the routing process invisible to the user, and allows the device’s node to connect to the Matrix even when it is operating in Hidden mode.

This is the info 5e wants you to forget. Even operating 100% passive, a wireless active, non-throwback, un-jammed device still contains hardware that forms part of the matrix and can be located by a bug scanner.
>>
>>52008827
The micro transceiver makes a clear distinction between it's matrix connected and non-connected states, and can broadcast and receive in both of them.
It's main deal is being a low-tech wireless communication option that you can't trace or bust into like you could if you were just communicating between commlinks.
>>
>>52008802
I don't use those rules. Just give a base pay to the players and increase it if they go above and beyond. Decrease only if they really fuck up and they know it.
>>
>>52008869
Yep. What's your point?
>>
>>52008827
>Even operating 100% passive, a wireless active, non-throwback, un-jammed device still contains hardware that forms part of the matrix and can be located by a bug scanner.
Operative phrase being "wireless active". While not wireless active, a transciever still has a 1km range. Unless, of course, this 'wireless' means wireless in the conventional/literal sense, as opposed to Matrix connection 'wireless'.

God dammit CGL, just call it a Matrix bonus or some shit.
>>
>>52008933
>Unless, of course, this 'wireless' means wireless in the conventional/literal sense, as opposed to Matrix connection 'wireless'.
In spite of argument to the contrary, I'm still convince it does not.
>>
>>52008912
Matrix topology/routing quotes don't really apply to something that specifically has a non-matrix wireless broadcast option.
It should still be detectable by a bug jammer though.
>>
>>52008912
>low-tech communication
>can't trace
>or bust into

>What's your point?
It's literally the perfect bomb trigger.
>>
File: goddammit.png (18KB, 640x400px) Image search: [Google]
goddammit.png
18KB, 640x400px
Okay, let's talk through this shit.

Let wireless = all wireless signals and transfer of data. Bluetooth, radio, VHF, whatever.

Let wireless(M) = wireless communication between two devices using the Matrix, or between a device and the Matrix.

CASE [A]

Two micro-transcievers are wireless(M) connected and communicating back and forth. While they are connected in this way, they are vulnerable to bricking, snooping, and general hacker fuckery. I think we're all agreed on this.

CASE [B]

Two micro-transcievers are not wireless(M). However, they are both wireless. Transciever 1 is not transmitting anything - just listening. When Transciever 2 sends a wireless signal, T1 explodes the attached bomb.

I postulate that since T1 is not wireless(M), and not transmitting on any wireless frequencies, a bug scanner would not be able to pick it up. Said scanner could, however, pick up the wireless transmission between T2 and T1, but at that point, it's far too late.
>>
>>52009088
Fuck, I forgot to mention the red arrows are enemy hackers, spiders, surveillance systems, etc.
>>
>>52009088
It depends on what specifically it's scanning for. If it's just scanning for any electronic signals at all, it might pick up the field of it, but it'd need to be close.
>>
>>52008960
It's 100% relevant to the question of how something is detected when it's not sending out signals - the answer is that anything wireless: on, aka connected to the matrix, is forming part of the matrix and thus sending out signals.

Thus, the wireless: off micro-transceiver that is not sending out signals is not detectable by even the GM fiat bug scanner.

>>52008974
Get out! That's my point, ever since I brought it up.
>>
>>52009337
>Since you brought it up
Nigger, I'm literally the guy who posted about it in the first place.
>>
>>52008556
Do what you will with it.
>>
File: 77d[1].gif (2MB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
77d[1].gif
2MB, 400x300px
>>52009465
Of course you are, anon. We all are.
>>
Is "likes to stick his dick in crazy" an acceptable character flaw?
If so, is there a way to mechanically represent it for minmaxing?
>>
>>52010421
Addiction (sticking his dick in crazy): mild
>>
>>52010441
>someone starts getting the shakes if a woman hasn't ruined his life recently
Maximum comedy
>>
So I am pretty new to Shadowrun and got a few questions:

Is a platelet factory a viable bioware, or should I rather just get better armor if I want to avoid damage?

As far as I see, a gas vent system 3 is very simple and effective for reducing recoil, but what is my best bet if I want to slap more recoil reduction on my gun (while also having an underbarrel grenade lauchner)?

And finally, do you have any sweet tricks/storys for demolitions in general (I'm playing an anarchist demolitons expert)?
>>
>>52010566
It's pretty alright. You don't want to be taking damage ever, but one guaranteed resistance is worth like 3 die. It'll also give you an in game reason as to why you're not immediately bleeding out on the ground after getting shot somewhere remarkably vital and are shuffling around with like 2 boxes of physical track left.

Recoil, don't forget the strength based recoil stacks with gas vent 3. Consider a heavy barrel if you have the leeway in missions for a non-silenced weapon, but hard targets/run and gun has the accessories and table.
>>
>>52008802
>Half of the "multipliers" related to the run are about stuff that may happen or not, and the rules telling you that even if you plan for X to happen, if they avoid it they don't get the rewards. If you can't calculate the money before the run, then what are you supposed to tell?

It seems to me like those rules assume the players will re-negotiate pay after the run, say "we ran into like a million devil rats and got hacked by an 18 dice decker" and then the johnson feels impressed and pays them extra for it.
>>
If you have an attribute at 7, no augmentations at all, and you want to use an Increase Attribute spell to increase it, what force do you require?

Do you require it to be 7, the current rating?

Do you require it to be 11, the maximum possible augmented rating?

It says it needs to be the current augmented value, but there's no augmented value yet. Does it just need to be Force 4, so that you can apply at least 4 hits?
>>
I don't even know what post I should be replying to here, so here we go. For context, I work with embedded wireless networks as a career.

On the topic of whether or not the microtransceiver is detectable if it's not connected to the matrix when it has wireless functionality, let's consider how this system would be implemented in real life.
Let's take the example where our transceiver is connected to the matrix, and thus has worldwide range. What it would be doing is letting its location be known so that the signal intended for it can be routed through the matrix mesh network to it. It would be giving off a signal to alert other devices nearby of its location, and having matrix signals destined for it routed through the network to reach it. It's this outgoing signal that would be detected.
Now let's consider when it has 1km range, and is not connected the matrix. What it would likely be doing is receiving incoming signals within range and, if valid, processing them. It wouldn't have to alert nearby matrix-capable devices of its presence, as it would probably just have enough robustness to signal noise to handle direct transmission ranges of up to 1km. And in any existing wireless network, you can't know a device is nearby unless it sends out a signal to say that it is. It's the same way that you can't know who's listening to you just because you're speaking.

It could result in some serious bullshit, but this guy's interpretation is entirely valid, and frankly what I'd rule in favour of.
>>
>>52009238
The amount of EM signals just floating about even today is gigantic. In a world where the matrix exists, detecting anything just by the EM signals the circuitry lets off would be damn near impossible.
>>
>>52011319
Alright, but why would it's range only be 1km? Wouldn't the range be more dependent on the strength of the thing sending the signal the transceiver was intercepting, rather than the transceiver itself?
>>
>>52011398
It's a little from column A and a little from column B. The transmitter sends out a signal with a certain strength. The receiver has an antenna which picks up these signals, and a better antenna can receive a signal with lower strength.
If we wanted to explain why the range is specifically 1km, it's probably that it's expected that two micro transceivers are transmitting to each other, and thus their transceiving hardware is standardised, making the range predictable. You could probably make an argument to your GM to let you have longer sending range if you designed a larger, more powerful transmitter specifically to send to these devices.
>>
>>52010869
You need force equal to the final value.
>>
>>52011398
>>52011460
>It doesn’t do anything special, it just lets you communicate by voice with other micro-transceivers and commlinks that you (and the other person) choose, within a kilometer.
Depending on your reading of the above, you might consider micro-transceivers to be able to send voice up to 1km, rather than being limited to sending & receiving within 1km.
>>
>>52011489
If we wanted to start going fully autistic and had a GM who would allow it, you could probably tinker with it and design a more noise-resistant transmission protocol which would lower the bitrate but extend the range. It'd remove voice capability but let you wirelessly set off a bomb at longer range.

Also, on a related note, what book is that self destruct module in? I'm seriously considering pitching this to my party.
>>
>>52011528
Data Trails page 65
>>
How should I be getting initiative as a face?
>>
>>52011730
What kind of face?
>>
>>52011747
sam
>>
>>52011730
Drugs with Narco and Nephritic Screen?
Wired Reflexes?
Adept Powers?
That one INI increasing spell with a sustaining focus?

As >>52011747 said it depends what you are outside of "Face". Because Face is a secondary archetype
>>
>>52011764
>sam
Do you mean "Face that tries to help in combat" or "Sammy that tries to be a face"? Because face and Sammy have terrible synergy.
Unless your GM gives you a shitload of karma/Sum-to-12 you are going to be "good at one, mediocre at the other" or "mediocre in both"
>>
>>52011771
>>52011795
Probably a face that can just help out in a fight. Will going wired reflexes + a fully decked out cyber arm hit my essence too much to be a decent face, or should that be fine?
>>
>>52011888
essence loss for a face is negligible
you lose at most 2 points off your social limit, which you'll fill up with a good armored suit

so yeah, WR and AoG should suffice. At least to give suppressive fire
>>
File: Run Faster Cover.png (1MB, 769x1027px) Image search: [Google]
Run Faster Cover.png
1MB, 769x1027px
>>52008270
They just did a second printing. Don't know if they got all the errata to date into that document, but I imagine they did.
>>
File: Smoking Dame.jpg (174KB, 895x892px) Image search: [Google]
Smoking Dame.jpg
174KB, 895x892px
>>52010446
>Runner Handle: Trews
>>
Yekka, I can't seem to apply the Improved Ability adept power to Sneaking, despite it qualifying as a skill it can be applied to.
>>
Would a smarklink implant work with hawk eye?
>>
Where can a Sasquatch acquire a SIN?

What skill would they use for their sound imitation?
>>
>>52012381
I think run faster has explicit answers for both those things
>>
>>52012396
Apparently Mimicry is from Core, but I can't fi nd where they can get a SIN.
>>
>>52011888
Move by wire could also be good, you get skillwires so you can load up on languages
>>
>>52012410
Though with MBW you have to remember that it gives you an additional limit penalty equal to the rating
>>
Ok, since everything I found basically is "house rule it" and everyone puts fort basic idea without actual hard rules I need to know something. What is the reward, per 6 hour session, that each player should get in average? I know the system is about runs, but I have a mostly newbs group and I don't wanna punish them for taking it slow across multiple sessions.
The amounts I'm toying around, for each player, is around 5-7 Karma per session, 10-20k nuyen per run depending on negotiation hits/secondary objectives, with up to extra 2-5k nuyen for whatever extra they can get (paydata, info, stolen property). All of this with karma-to-nuyen mission rules in case they need it. Is this too much, too little, or am I just acting like a retard for no reason? I just find it the rules awkward and unclear on what actually each player should get per session and how much per run.
>>
>>52013078
It depends heavily upon your group, run, and the powerlevel of play that you're doing. Generally speaking, it'll be about 5-10 Karma per session, and anywhere from 5-10,000 Nuyen up to whatever you can think of for a run reward. Because if it's not at least about 5k per person, why risk your life?
>>
How much of a priority is magic 7 for a magician? I've mostly been growing my skill list and rounding out my spells
>>
>>52013963
unless you both want to lose some essence AND keep MAG 6 it's not that useful
>>
>>52008405
No.
>>
>>52008415
>giving Adepts a cheap Version of one of the best *wares ever / an Echo that requires several submersions beforehand.

Do you plan on having a group that consists solemly of MysAdepts?
Because thats what you get when you introduce this power in a group with >IQ89 people
>>
>>52014093
I'd definitely lock it behind the Adept Centering Metamagic, so you gotta be on your second initiation.
>>
NEW THREAD CHUMMERS
>>52014336
>>52014336
>>
>>52012360
Yes, Smartlink doesn't add a bonus to perception. However the smartlink needs to be implanted directly into the flesh.
Thread posts: 319
Thread images: 28

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.