[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Sci-Fi Slice of Life

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 4

File: 1453422674259.jpg (640KB, 1400x959px) Image search: [Google]
1453422674259.jpg
640KB, 1400x959px
I've been listening to way too much or maybe not enough filk recently, and it's got me inspired to run a slice of life sci-fi game. Any suggestions on how to do it? Probably Traveller or ____GURPS__ as a system, I'm more concerned about plots and events for a roving ship crew.
>>
>>51991931

Be part of a maintenence crew going to check on the colonist on a planet that is being terraformed.

It could be comfy in that you describe some of the landscape but things could turn hairy thanks to the environment rather than having a monster going about.

Or, taking the same idea you could be moving about inside of a giant mega city trying to deliever a package.
>>
>>51991931
>>51991931

So, Aria?
>>
>>51992171
Outside of the monomyth RPG no one played, I'm not familiar with the reference.
>>
>>51991931
Take Traveller, and look for all the tables of life events to give you ideas.

Look at The Expanse and Firefly, pinpoint the low stakes moments.

Describe the low times of the crew. Make the ship have a personality : some components works some way, maybe the computer is friendly, etc etc.

Watch Alien and the meal scene ; make a common room for the crew.
>>
File: 1485080006424.jpg (1MB, 1521x2148px) Image search: [Google]
1485080006424.jpg
1MB, 1521x2148px
>traveller
>firefly

Don't forget your obligatory frozen space loli
>>
>>51991931
Going off the maintenance crew idea one of the anons above mentioned, you could have the group act as support crew on board an Imperial Navy capital ship while on campaign.

>massive ship, literally a small city worth of people and stuff to see
>despite being military you won't always have duties to perform
>explore the military communities that form on long voyages
>shit-talk the crews of smaller ships and then beat them at poker whenever the fleet docks for refueling
>>
File: partyencountersbattledress.jpg (135KB, 1064x600px) Image search: [Google]
partyencountersbattledress.jpg
135KB, 1064x600px
>>52001047
Forgot picture sorry.

Also pic related, have fun experiences whenever people board the ship and fight off people who're actually trained for hallway fighting
>>
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.