[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

The Witcher

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

So with The Witcher games now done, I'd be fairly comfortable saying that people in general are more familiar with the game trilogy compared to the books.

How would you go about making a brand new Witcher RPG, drawing upon the video game series as inspiration? Beyond simply using an existing system, what would you add to it to make the series unique from other RPGs? What would the game focus on? What mechanics would you use?
>>
They are making a new RPG tied-in with the games, you know.
>>
>>51981537
They already have made an RPG for it, but it wasn't based on the games.
>>
>>51981569
Do you mean the old Polish one? I meant the R.Talsorian one, running on Fuzion.
>>
>>51981537
Well, consider this your own ideas about a Witcher RPG. Your own ideal Witcher RPG.

Beyond some notes, we don't have a lot of ideas of how the game is going to work.
>>
Won't work unless they put some fucking effort in expanding the lore. As for now, we don't even know how long non-human races live, or the shape of the world. It's not in the games, nor in the books. The setting is mostly relevant to the plot and nothing else, so I can't really see different plots coming out of it.
>>
>>51981586
Hah, never gonna be released.
>>
>>51981621
Assume they are going to expand the lore then.
>>
>>51981586
Yes, I was talking about the Polish one. I believe it has been translated, but not officially.
>>
File: 15 best.jpg (67KB, 540x509px) Image search: [Google]
15 best.jpg
67KB, 540x509px
>>51981586
>Current year
>There are people who still think R. Talsorian will release
>Or is actually working on the game for real
>>
>>51981755
This one?
https://www.mediafire.com/folder/4yp0nryi0o7na/Witcher_-_A_Game_of_Imagination
>>
File: cirilla_by_krysdecker-db0hylg.jpg (85KB, 894x894px) Image search: [Google]
cirilla_by_krysdecker-db0hylg.jpg
85KB, 894x894px
>>51981897

Yes sir.
>>
Assuming it revolves around being a witcher, I'd say have everything tie in to alchemy. Whenever you level up you have to buy/collect alchemy shit to give yourself a mutation.

New perk? Mutation. New ability? Mutation. New attribute bonus? Mutation.
>>
The old Polish one is literally all you need. Not even GURPS with its modularity is capable of recreating all the stuff you need to play as a witcher, unless you create a 300+ points template
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.