[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Has anyone here played Risk 2210? What is your opinion on it?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 9
Thread images: 2

File: Risk_2210_gallery_1.jpg (392KB, 1200x675px) Image search: [Google]
Risk_2210_gallery_1.jpg
392KB, 1200x675px
Has anyone here played Risk 2210?
What is your opinion on it?
>>
>>51979264
bretty gud
>>
>>51979304
Please elaborate
>>
Board is ugly as fuck, with all the land masses elongated or stretched to touch. Gameplay wise, water colonies are cool. Commanders add something to the basic game. Moon is... eh. At least I never had a great experience with it.

Otherwise, it's Risk, with mech pieces.
>>
>>51979407
okay so it is basic risk at it's base level with added water colony's and the moon.

then you can buy 5 commanders which each give you different abilitys (moving in water colonys. moving in the moon, etc and they throw a d8) after you buy them you are also able to buy their specific cards which do certain things.

the entire game is always 5 turns, no more no less. you are able to do more every turn then in normal risk.

1 thing i also find pretty fun is the nuclear commander. he lets you buy cards that always kills units on certain spaces on the map. but. if you save them all then in the last turn they are free to play. basically nuking a large portion of everything.
>>
>>51979264
Commanders are a bit unnecessary, they don't really add that much other than forcing you to choose whether you go moon or sea first, or just focus on land.
Moon and sea are great additions IMO. Sea colonies let you outmaneuver your opponents and moon landings let you grab a whole bunch of terrain for free. It encourages players to develop asymmetrical tactics as the game goes on, as opposed to legacy forcing it on players.
>>
Loads better than normal Risk and great for kids wanting to play something a bit heavier.
>>
File: pic1196938.jpg (145KB, 497x297px) Image search: [Google]
pic1196938.jpg
145KB, 497x297px
Let's get heavier!
>mad max amazons
>Star Wars senate guards
>Colonial marines who have so many soldiers they made a mech for 3 people
>Discount space marines
>Russians on bears

Open the letter! Open it!
>>
>>51979264
I find this and Godstorm to be better than regular Risk by virtue of the turn limit alone. Risk drags on too long if you have to capture every territory. This always caps it at 5 turns, and has an economy of energy, not just dudes. I have won with, and been beaten by, commanders of every different terrain (land, water, moon). And the nuke commanders often lead to a nuclear arms race because there is a card in there which allows everyone to play their nuke cards for free (without paying energy). I recommend it if you like simple war boardgames.
Thread posts: 9
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.