[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 314
Thread images: 45

Lesbian Doom Chariot edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

>Current Rumors
http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

Old thread:
>>51955513
>>
Posting Hinterlands for possible continued discussion.
>>
>steamshit
I want to play Warhammer, not Warmashit
>>
>>51977854
>a single thematically fitting steampunk faction
>ruins entire setting
>>
>>51977865
>single faction

lolnope
>>
>>51977854
Oh so you didn't get enough replies to your bitching from the last thread that you had to shit up the new thread?

>>51977727
>>51977778
>>
File: 99120202027_SteamTankNEW01.jpg (53KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120202027_SteamTankNEW01.jpg
53KB, 600x620px
>>51977854
Too late
>>
>>51977800
What do you guys use for inspirational material when it comes to narrative campaigns, particularly something like Hinterlands or equivalent?

Any stories on how you applied your inspiration?

I ask because I'm hosting a Hinterlands campaign this month, and I have a bit of writers block.
>>
>>51977994
Blanchitsu

Look up the AoS28 FB page. It's using hinterlands but tries to fit the dark and gritty blanche aesthetic
>>
>>51977994

>Everyone is on a Quest for a Holy Artifact!
>Competing bands of Heroes have gathered together to show their stuff in a contest of who can have the most excellent adventure!
>There's something out there that needs to be dealt with. Some bands of heroes gather to heed its call, and others gather to destroy it at all costs!

Campaign takes place in [Big City] but eventually moves into the wilderness, such as [Mountainous Pass]. This stretch eventually takes them to [Exotic City] and after they finish their business, it's off through [Enchanted Forest]. Once they get through that, they meet at [Different City] and begin the final leg of their journey though [Deadly Swamp] which leads to [Evil Volcano Land] and eventually to [Mt. Ominous-Name] where they fight [Bad Thing] and claim their reward!

Or maybe it just takes place in [Singular Setting] but takes on a number of campaign goals within it.

I personally like the idea of running it as a journey because you can introduce new settings (and terrain/ condition rules) and give them restrictions on who their warband can hire as they travel based on where they are. I think that's actually a suggestion in the book itself.
>>
STEAMSHIT, YOU HAVE TO GO BACK!
>>
my ideas for AoS army
>Ogors Pirates
>Birkenau Zombies (with blue-white striped clothes on and german officer as necromancer)
>Freeguild in national colour scheme
>Stromcast Eternals painted in sea theme (lots of patina, seaweed all over them, just like old mouments that are underwater)

and I can't decide which one i want to get
>>
>>51978345

I'm a fan of Stormcast in a nautical theme, since I already love the Star Krakens.

If you could pull off Tzaangor Pirates instead of Ogor, I'd be into that. Otherwise, they're my second opinion.
>>
>>51978345
As a guy collecting a nurgle mortal army with a nautical theme, the ogor pirates or the SCE navy ones sound really cool.
>>
>>51978372
>>51978378
SCE is really tempting, since they got brand new rules and ogres won't get anything new soon (probably), and tons of models to choose form.

Still I'm concerned about doing their fyling units in that theme. Should I keep them clean and glowy like regular procecutors have, or paint them as mechanical part that got plenty of rust and coral/starfishes sticked to them? Or replace them with something else (still need an idea).
>>
>>51978485
Well within the nautical theme, there are several subthemes.

You have the royal navy theme. Where all the ships are well kept, the crew in uniforms, the officers in stately attire. This would be the SCE one. The well oiled machine at sea.

Then you have the grungy pirates. The captain is in gaudy attire, and the crew is a bunch of riffraff with scavenged clothes and weapons. The ship is dark and brooding. This would be your ogors.

Then there is the mysterious dead ship. The floating wreck that has been summoned up from the depths and is covered in barnacles, seaweed, and algae. The crew looks like they have been drowned in the bottom of the hudson river for decades. This is the theme for my nurgle mortal army.

You get the idea, that nautical can take many different aesthetics.
>>
>>51978526
This is brilliant actually. I haven't started painting my blightkings, so maybe I should explore this theme more.
>>
>>51978485
They're half way there with the trident and shields already. Maybe remove the wings and repaint the scrolls as fins or those flat tentacle things to make them look like they're swimming through the air? That or replace the wings with a space marine backpack of all things like it's an oxygen tank / air propulsion system, could be cool. A lot of it would hinge on a good water base but could be sick
>>
>>51978485

If you can find big enough fins, you can replace their wings with those. Otherwise maybe make those out of seaweed.
>>
>>51978345
I hate having so many ideas for armies

>expand current Slaves to Darkness army
>do crazy kitbashing to make an order army with an ancient greek theme
>buy a bunch of 40k scions boxes
>buy some 40k tau and kitbash them to be scavenging junkyard tau
>expand current collection of 40k dark angels (that I don't actually play, just collect)
>>
>>51978704
Fuck, you're telling me. I had my steampunk dispossessed and SCE with the irondrake headswaps I took to the LVO

Then I have been working on my drowned ship mortal nurgle army.

And now I have an itch to make a chaos dwarfs army, but kitbashed from plastic kits. I was thinking of using ironbreaker bodies and arms, and using some sort of ghoul head but greenstuffing schaos dwarf style beards on everyone. It would be like a near death corruption of these duardin driving them mad. And making my own centaurs out of brayherds and chaos knights.

Having so much you want to do is suffering
>>
File: IMG_0841.jpg (142KB, 1250x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0841.jpg
142KB, 1250x627px
>tfw that's just a random building or piece of scenery
>no steam dwarfs, it's actually just Khorne daemons vs Stormcasts in a new boxed set
>>
>>51978806
my bet is on some kind of boxed game similar to Renegade form 40k (one with 2 imperial knights). Just with Bloodthister + something inside.
>>
>>51978806
Nah, it's either some big steam behemoth, or some flying machine. See the rudders on the top left or bottom center?
>>
File: IMG_7588.png (210KB, 882x230px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_7588.png
210KB, 882x230px
>>51971489
Wargames foundry (Bryan Ansell) has the rights to the 80s bretonnian knights on foot. They look good, if slightly small.
>>
>>51978806
>when you realize it's w40k shit and the art is too good for AoS
>>
File: IMG_0569.jpg (1MB, 2528x1998px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0569.jpg
1MB, 2528x1998px
>>51978873
Have you read any of the recent 40k campaign books?theres about one or 2 good pieces in each, and a bunch in the style you associate with AoS. It depends on the artist, there is some good age of sigmar art
>>
>>51978704
Oh man, don't I know that. I've been working on and off on my Ogor auxilia from Azyrheim (armed with stormcast weapons and such) and now I've got to wrestle with my desire for a force of Order corsairs assembled from Swifthawk Agents, Scourge Privateers and Vanguard-Hunters.
Nevermind my Stormcast and Arcanites...
>>
>>51978873
The same artists working on 40k art are also doing AoS art.
>>
Anyone going to purchase the new AoS book and post a short summarization here?
>>
>>51979256
The book comes out in like June. What's the hurry?
>>
So, I've been out since roughly the End Times, popping in every now and then to see what's going on. Not a big fan of the whole no points, no force organization, yelling shit out thing, as well as removing the maneuvering and baiting charges aspect of the game. Is it better now from a competitive standpoint?

Also, the factions seem to have lost a lot of character. Who the hell is Gordrakk and why isn't Grimgor still around? Speaking of which, wasn't this whole End Times/Ragnarork thing the entire reason Wurrzagg was around? And why the fuck are there orcs in mega armor in WHFB?
>>
>>51979419
>I've been out since roughly the End Times

Yeah, every other word in your post indicates that too...
>>
>>51979419
>totally not bait, I swear
>>
>>51979419
We get roughly one or two posts in that exact format per thread:
>Haven't played in a while, so now I am back and surprisingly well-informed despite that, especially about the beginning of AoS. Now let me quote a bunch of irrelevant stuff that hasn't been an issue since forever before going on about how [faction] has lost character and [new faction] looks like it's from 40k
So have your (You) and be off.
>>
>>51979432
>>51979437
Well, enlighten me, then. Because last time I popped in was when Age of Sigmar was just released and it was a weird pseudo-WarmaHordes with absolutely no FOC, no point costs and no fluff whatsoever. I want to like the game, but when I look at the Games Workshop pages all I see is an indecipherable mish-mash of like ten different factions all jammed into one.
>>
>>51979419
>who the hell is Gordrakk
the spiritual liege of orckind

>where is grimgor
Not introduced yet
>>
>>51979437
>Bait
Yeah, I mean, all these WHFB video games and shit being released are totally set in the Age of Sigmar universe, right? Because clearly it has greater appeal, more interesting aesthetics and greater character, right? Like Total War: Warhammer, which totally features Stormcast Eternals and not the traditional Old World setting and was a complete failure. Or Mordheim, which is clearly set in the multiverse. Or Blood Bowl, which obviously features the Grand Alliances of Order and Destruction.

It's almost as if tossing your entire setting in the garbage to sell bigger monster toys with generic trademarked names like Fyreslayers was a dumb idea.
>>
>>51979458
You can't have it both ways. Either I'm well-informed or I'm wrong. Like I said, I tried to stay informed early on since I wasn't a huge fan of the turn WHFB took somewhere along the 8th edition and a reboot seemed like a good idea, but I kind of checked out because it seemed like it was still in an experimental phase.

But by all means, if you want to be dicks about it, feel free.
>>
>>51979419
>why isn't Grimgor still around

Grimgor's dead.

>>51979491
Haven't orcs been renamed something stupid like Orrgors or something?
>>
Are we already in the shitposting phase today? That's earlier than usual.
>>
Any ideas on how shadows over hammerhal will be different from silver tower? I know they've been some lore leaks but wondering whether I should pick up SoH or ST
>>
>>51979633
Hammerhal wil feature a gamemaster, apparently. No idea beyond that.
>>
>>51979633
Shadows over Hammerhal has to played with a GM, so if you're not a fan of that get Silver Tower
Over than that I think SoH is more looser and more dungeon crawler-ly, I can't say for certain though since I've never played any of them
>>
>>51979462
You know full well that if you want to read the current fluff and rules, there are links to them in the OP.
>>
>>51979492

And that's why AoS is currently doing better than WHFB.
Oh...
>>
Hey guys, I am new and never played WHFB and I wanted to know if Helman Ghorst is in AoS?

Not a big fan of the whole no point, no force organization, yelling shit out thing, having to take a shit, wearing diapers as well as removing maneuvering, flanking and gathering armies. Is it better now from a competitive standpoint?

Also the factions seem to have lost a lot of character. Who the hell is Sigmar and why isn't Karl Franz around? Speaking of which,
is AoS succesful and why isn't featured as a video game such as Mordheim, Total Warhammer and Bloodbowl, all set in the superior Warhammer fantasy universe?

I hope you guys will accept the truth and GW will finally bring back Fantasy. Peace out, retards.
>>
>>51979913
I think we may have a new pasta.
>>
>>51979595
Orruk, pronounced like Uruk.
>>
>>51979913
Not bad, not bad at all. The end is a little too on the nose, but the rest pretty much perfect.
>>
>>51979977
Really? It's not even al dente. Come on, don't drop your pasta standards yet.
>>
Does anyone else here use Battlescribe Android for Age of Sigmar?

It works fine enough with 40k units, but when I try to use it to build a sigmar list it shows all the options (Behemoths, battlelines, etc) but all the entries are empty.
>>
>>51980112
Just use the warscroll builder.
>>
>AoS hints that Chaos Dwarves are back
Shiiiiieeeet.
>>
>>51980187
But the Wallscroll builder, while handy, doesn't show the points values of each unit.
>>
File: point values.png (82KB, 452x453px) Image search: [Google]
point values.png
82KB, 452x453px
>>51980200
???
>>
>>51980189
Sauce?
>>
>>51980571
Lions of Sigmar found something sinister in the Realm of Metal in the aftermath of Celestial Vindicators vs. Tzeentch Warriors.

And the realm of metal is home to the Dwarves who allied with Grungni. (Steamhead Duardin/Dwarves)
>>
>>51978345
>Birkenau Zombies (with blue-white striped clothes on and german officer as necromancer)
Do it by all means and play with Jews.
>>
>>51980604
Ohhh do tell, what book was that? I wanna read it myself
>>
>>51980189
Hints? Mate, they are confirmed as being in the Mortal Realms. Read the FW fluff.
>>
>>51980608
'The Eldritch Fortress' by Guy Haley from the Ghal Maraz book.

>>51980629
>Forgeworld lore
>>
>>51980672
"FW isn't canon, only I am canon"
>>
>>51980672
>Black Library lore
>>
File: 20170302_092037.png (263KB, 1317x2242px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_092037.png
263KB, 1317x2242px
How shit is this?

I like brutes...

I want more brutes in my life.
>>
>they brought back Slambo
THEY SHOULD BRING BACK CHAOS DWARVES
>>
>>51980672
I'm having trouble finding the hint of Chaos Dorfs in here, are there any keywords I need to search for?
>>
>>51980766
It's not a confirmation. Just wishful thinking that the sinister thing they found has to do with Chaos Dwarves and how all of the population in the realm are Dwarves.

Hell, it could also be corrupted boring fauna instead, so who knows.
>>
>>51980789
But which page specifically? Sorry to be asking for spoonfeeding, I've just got it pulled up on my phone and reading through it at work
>>
>>51980808
At the last pages probably? Sorry, maybe it's in another story and the tg wiki doesn't link sources.
>>
>>51980731
- drop the goregruntas, they are garbage; replace with brutes or 'ard boys.
- Shaman is shit, drop him and a warchanter for more 'ardboys or brutes
- dual choppas on ten brutes is questionable. spears are better for anything above MSU
>>
>>51980935
sounds like fun. 50 identical models
>>
Nurgle daemons with skaven pestilens, kinda shit or completely shit?
>>
>>51980985
Depends. Plagueclaw gives you a bit of teeth, if you're not dealing with teleporting enemies.
>>
>SCE won against Tzeentch in the Realm of Metal
>new upcoming race are the Steamhead Duardin

What did they mean with this?
>>
>>51977865
remember your opinion doesn't matter only his opinion matters
>>
So I'm gonna begin my vanguard stormcast army and wondered how this would look:

Leader: Lord Aquilor 220pts

Battleline:
10 hunters 280pts
5 hunters 140pts

others
3 vanguard palladors 220pts
3 Hurricane Raptors 160pts

1.000 points on the nose.

How would you rate it competitively? I don't mind (and may actually balk at) a top-tier list but at the same time I don't want a garbage list. I'd like something mid-tier, would this qualify?
>>
>>51981205
Lord Aquilor is 200pts, nevermind that brainfart.
>>
>>51981205
Not bad. Heavily lacking in ranged shots but I guess you're gunning for mobility here. You will have trouble dealing with magic too, and no healing nor saves against mortal wounds, so you gotta pick your positions wisely.

Last comment, might want to split the 10 hunters to 2 units of 5. Gives you more options on where to threaten on the board.
>>
>>51981205
Drop down to 2x5 Hunters total and take another unit of Hurricane Raptors.
It's still not amazing, but it can work.
>>
>post yfw everything looks better than stormcasts
>>
>>51980935
Goregruntas are garbage? Aren't they useful as fast flankers to hit squishier targets?
>>
File: IMG_0663.jpg (45KB, 480x344px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0663.jpg
45KB, 480x344px
Seriously, I think we will actually see a return of Settra, he was last seen rushing into the chaos realm killing everything in sight, but did promise he'd come back to get Nagash when he was done. So I could definitely see him being still alive, coming back, now even stronger probably from having fucked over shit loads of demons and taking their power, and then getting other tomb kings/khemri undead to rally under him against Nagash in a sort of repackaging of Tomb Kings
>>
>>51981411
Somebody make Tzeentch style Varanguard with this :)
>>
>>51981418
No, they are garbage. Just paint brutes or play Stormcast or Tzeentch. Enjoy this amazing game that is so much better than fantasy.
>>
>>51981429
Then why did they remove everything about the tk? even the good plastic kits?
>>
>>51981519
I think it's honestly a mistake the company made that they'll eventually admit to. The interest is there, it just needs to be properly marketed
>>
>>51981519
To rename them?
>>
>>51981631
>GW
>admitting errors
>>
>>51981805
Well, they probably won't admit their errors true, but they could easily work them back into the setting with renaming and new lore
>>
>>51981631
Kinda like the mistake of AoS.
>>
>>51981805

They rebox their errors by adding $10 to the price tag and doubling the models inside.

>>51981418

They're hamstrung by their badly written charge rules.

>>51981205

Yeah it's mid tier
>>
>>51981418
Between Rampaging Destoryers and Ironfist your entire force is already really fast and Gore-gruntas have way less punch than Brutes.
>>
>>51981853
And an assload of new kits, because every box bar sphinx, snakes and tomb guard are garbage by modern standards.
>>
>>51978025

Seconding this! Get on the aos28 fb page.
>>
>>51981411
god damn that is amazing.

way better than stormcast
>>
File: merge_from_ofoct.jpg (730KB, 1781x1162px) Image search: [Google]
merge_from_ofoct.jpg
730KB, 1781x1162px
>>51981418
Compare these and just boggle at how bad they are.
>actually worse melee on all weapons
>no special weapons
>a few garbage mount attacks
>special rule gets worse the better your movement is
>no improved save despite riding a fucking huge pig
Literally every other superheavy cavalry is going to laugh them out of the room.
>>
>>51982158
Liche priest, tomb king with heavy weapon and necrotect all still look good, but would need to be updated for obvious reasons. The skellies would be easy as hell to update as im sure they have barebones CAD files of skellies they could edit with Egyptian shit
>>
>>51982299
how are 4 4+/4+ attacks 'garbage' I mean it's nothing to write home about but it's a nice extra. On a charge they deal D3 damage.
>>
>>51982331
Ah, sure, I meant plastic kits of course. Finecast stuff has held up better, but obviously can't or won't be re-released.
>>
So after picking my brain and the suggestions of others I've narrowed down 2 ideas for my beast claw conversions. Which do you like better?

1) Gladiator style ogors. The behemoths are painted in desert colors, with the bases modeled after the coliseum floor. These ogors have built a massive fighting pit and venture out to capture slaves to fight against in the pit. Models would have extra armor as well as shields, thinking a mostly bronzed scheme. Would be run with beast claw rules

2) Nurgle. Use the Stonehorn as a counts as glotkin, complete with weeping sores and pustules and toxic base. Mourn fangs will probably be counts as plague drones/plague frogs. Not 100% of the conversion here since my green stuff- fu leaves something to be desired. Thundertusk might be a GUO but I'm not 100% would definitely run alongside rot bringers and demons.
>>
>>51982415
1, seems far cooler
>>
>>51982331
I think they should skip all the stuff that has too much overlap with the existing range. The spinx, snakes and Ushapti have the most potential since they offer something new instead of a rethread of existing units.
>>
>>51982374
Yeah and that's the advantage GW has with this. Basic infantry is literally just skellies that would take a day at most to make in CAD, same with any chariots or skeleton horse units. All the "big units/special units" are already made and have aged great. The only new sculpts they'd have to put effort into would be new Necrotect/Tomb King/liche priest stuff. Also maybe ushabti
>>
>>51982447
>just skellies that would take a day at most to make in CAD [Citation needed]

Unless you are a miniature designer or have relevant experience with that field you should stop assuming shit like that. Do you even know anything about the creative/production process at GW?
>>
>>51982366
They only get the damage if the target is 8" away, i.e. farther than the average charge distance. And if any enemy unit is closer than the charged target, the ability won't proc, either. It's a shitty ability.
And 4 4+/4+ attacks are fairly shitty for their price tag. Sure it's better than nothing, but that's only barely a consolation.
>>
>>51982481
Literally just skeletons anon, that is the basic template most modeling programs have, if you notice the spirit hosts model(which was made in CAD) has several posed skeletons which confirm that they do indeed have a template file of skellies
>>
>>51982366
I know I know mathhammer isn't end all be all but here is a quick run down.

3 gruntas make 12 attacks at 4+/4+/-/1
6 hit
3wound
Against a 4+ save 1.5 wounds go through on average. Let's argue that's an average of 2 damage

The riders make 10 attacks with choppas 3+/3+/-1/1 (this math is rougher )
1/3 miss, so 7 hit
1/3 miss, so 4 wound

Against 4+ save (5+ because rend)
1/3 will be saved. 3 damage goes through

So the unit will average about 5 wounds per 8" charge, this dropping down to 4 for anything less.

They could have made the gore grunta bonus proc on a successful charge desu, that would be better. Although they still aren't as Shit as everyone makes them kit to be.
>>
>>51982481
>have Skeleton CAD data
>have Tomb Guard CAD data
>shuffle bits, replace weapons&shields
Now make a few bows and stick everything on a sprue.
Can't take more than a week.
>>
GOBLIN SKY PIRATES WHEN
>>
>>51982647
Fuck off Warcraft fag
>>
>>51982647
Alongside steamhead duardin?
>>
File: nk.png (167KB, 749x587px) Image search: [Google]
nk.png
167KB, 749x587px
>>51981418
Gore Gruntas are not great. The only good thing about them is their battalion that lets them move 15" in the hero phase on the first turn.

Otherwise their damage is sub-par for what you expect to see from heavy cavalry

Compare them to Necropolis Knights. NK cost 20 points LESS and are strictly better even before you consider all the amazing synergy NK have

Granted NK are being increased to 240 in v2, but the point is that gore gruntas are pretty underwhelming for their point cost
>>
>>51982569
You should add how much damage a unit of 5 brutes does.
(Boss with Smasha&Klaw, Brute with Gore-choppa, 3 Brutes with Brute-choppas; no Duff up Da Big Fing) do 7.0007 damage on average. No stupid proc required, no questions asked.
>>
>>51982581
yeah because we skip the concepting phase entirely. Which includes drawing, making faction designs, etc, etc.
>>
>>51982707
If they were to recreate TK (which I still doubt) in a similar vein, that's literally all they'd have to do for basic skeletons. TK already have an established design and the newer kits (sphinx, snek and guard) share that design.
So, in the context of what has been talked about in this thread, yeah, they could in fact skip conceptualizing the basic cannonfodder.
>>
>>51982770
yeah because that's what they did when they redid the core units of the dark elves. Just took the high elf core units, added some spikes in CAD and pressed print on their 3D printer.
>>
>implying they are not castrating the whole TK army for Nulahmia / Neferata's army and a Skeleton army.

All the Skellies get kicked out for the Deathrattle army and the egypt constructs are added with a black paintjob to the Soulblights.
>>
>>51977994
>>51978025

This. I've come to love the Blanchitsu style
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488474401001.jpg (36KB, 1108x540px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488474401001.jpg
36KB, 1108x540px
>>
File: FB_IMG_1488474557612.jpg (150KB, 1450x2048px) Image search: [Google]
FB_IMG_1488474557612.jpg
150KB, 1450x2048px
>>
File: 1394217768658.jpg (19KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1394217768658.jpg
19KB, 500x500px
>>51982996
>unofficial
>>
>>51983034
It's a passion project by tyler mendel who has decided to forge his own narrative with the tomb kings. It's been a long time work in progress with a few other fan authors. I'm excited to read it, and I don't even collect TK.
>>
File: 1477639441555.jpg (38KB, 340x297px) Image search: [Google]
1477639441555.jpg
38KB, 340x297px
>>51983091
>passion project
>fan authors
It just keeps getting worse
>>
Got a unit of 10 greatswords, 10 handgunners. Three units of freeguild guard spearmen, swordsmen and militia, 10 men each. Also have a general mounted and of foot, along with a cannon.Have two pistoleers and eight reiksguard knights. Also a warrior priest.

What do I get next lads? Is this good for starters? More swordsmen? Spears?
>>
>>51983316
another warrior priest and 10 more greatswords

After that look into a behemoth of some kind. Either a general on griffon or a stream tank
>>
>>51982996
been following this and am looking forward to it too
>>
>>51983125
>GW for once encourages rule bending/house rules/custom rules at places outside of their own official stores and tournaments, in order to give people more freedom to have fun
>LMAO LOOK AT THOSE FAGGOTS HAVING FUN

I bet you also hate Hinterlands don't you?
>>
>>51983316
Halberdiers are always a good choice, as are demigryph-knights. A General on Gryphon is a great assassin and costs pennies for what he does. Beyond that more cannons.
Two pistoliers and eight reiksguard are unfortunate numbers, you'll want a multiple of five.
The rest is a very solid selection.
>>
>>51983506

Yeah ugh. I'll look into em.

>>51983333

Thanks. man, I wish I knew where my other warrior priest went to damn.
>>
>>51983012

Tbh this, a supplemental battletome for battles, skirmishes(like hinterlands) and campaigns in the old world using AOS rules would probably get a lot of good will back.

Doesn't have to replace anything but could be fun
>>
>>51983633

I agree.
>>
>>51983633
Yes, I'm sure the people constantly bitching about AoS killing WHFB will be placated by creating rules for playing in the old world using AoS rules. That should go over swimmingly!
>>
>>51983633
It's a fan project. But you realize what would happen if GW did it right?

>but where my bretonians!
>cant play these battles bcuz no TK
>still no elf release, why gw hates elves
>>
>>51982160
The AoS28 group is awesome, and there are some awesome models being made for the theme.

Posting some cool stuff I've seen on there.

1/?
>>
>>51983633
You realize you can play in the old world using AoS rules *right now*, don't you?
>>
>>51983682
2/?
>>
>>51983699
3/?

Be back later, have to make dinner.
>>
>>51983673

Considering it's mostly from a fluff perspective that they're mad (or at least I was) yeah it could help

>>51983684

Well duh but I was thinking something more along the lines of a campaign book with old world battleplans and mighty empires update
>>
>>51983709
4/8
>>
>>51983782
5/8
>>
File: 60572.jpg (86KB, 1024x478px) Image search: [Google]
60572.jpg
86KB, 1024x478px
>>51983679
>still no elf release, why gw hates elves

yeah dang it why no elves ;)
>>
>>51983793
6/8

I smell burning.
>>
>>51983806
7/8

We'll call it 'well done'.
>>
>>51983817
8/8

And done. These are just the coolest painted ones I've seen, there are tons of mental conversions on there as well.
>>
Looking to start a low model army that I can really pour some conversion/paintwork into. Suggestions Sig General?
>>
>>51983856
Stormcast, beastclaw or nurgle rotbringers.
>>
>>51983856
gutbuster ogors are low count, and a lot of conversion potential is there. easy models to sculpt greenstuff on especially.
>>
>>51983856
Kitbashing a Vampire Lord and fifteen Blood Knights into a 1000 point list that consists of 16 models. Soulblight are ridiculously elite in that regard.

You could probably skimp the model count even less if you use an army with behemoths.
>>
What do you guys think of the putrid bkightking helmets for not nurgle units? I'm having trouble deciding if they look too nurgley and disgusting for conversions
>>
File: Ianmcneicebaronharkonnen.jpg (20KB, 328x442px) Image search: [Google]
Ianmcneicebaronharkonnen.jpg
20KB, 328x442px
>>51983817
Baron Harkonnen... how is it that you're able to stand without your suspensor fields?
>>
>>51984110
They are very nurglite.
>>
>>51984184
unfortunately I agree,I can't think of any other full face coverings that would fit on ogors from the GW, you got any ideas?

I play mainly at a gw store, I'm not sure how draconian the only gw rule is but I'd hate to not be able to use my converted models because of a head swap
>>
>>51984239
dark eldar pain engine masks?
>>
>>51984463
Those could work...I like the way you think anon
>>
Hinterlands warband as it stands painted.
Full roster
Knight questor
Grey battle mage
1xfreeguild crossbow
4x freeguild guard.
>>
>>51985875
And I painted this guy today for the shits cus it's the best miniature ever.
>>
>>51985875
I really like your stuff Nic, those cards you made were proper class as well.
>>
>>51979492
>Total War: Warhammer
Was in development before AoS was even a thing.
>Mordheim
Released before Age of Sigmar was a thing.
>Blood Bowl
In a different universe than WHFB, a very old game AND all it's latest game was released the same year as Age of Sigmar

You're literally the dumbest person in this thread right now.
>>
>>51980200
If you're talking about the individual costs per model in a unit that isn't a thing anymore (unfortunately).
>>
>>51985907
Shit, I have become known....
I have clearly over saturated the internet with my minis and must disappear.

Seriously tho cheers anon.
>>
>>51985974
>(fortunatly)
FTFY
>>
>>51980607
well, my LGS is located in place where jewish gettho used to be and a lot of jews lives in that disctrict
>>
>>51985893

I bought those familiars simply because they're the best goddamned minis ever. So silly and cool. Also great subtlety in the fish, as it's not only a parody of the bizarre that Tzeentch likes so much, but its form also curls into Tzeentch's symbol.
>>
I've decided to pick up Stormcast army (despite of complains of my friends that already started playing with orruks and ogres and I was supposed to join with another destro army).

Where should I start? Atm start collecting seems a bad deal with new cheaper boxes of SCE around.
>>
>>51986892
Best place to start is picking up a Stormcast half of the introductory set on ebay.
>>
>>51986892
See if someone is selling the stormcasts from the starter box and grab them if you can.
>>
>>51986892
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Warhammer-Age-of-Sigmar-Stormcast-Eternals-Starter-Set-/332140320251?hash=item4d551b15fb:g:lFUAAOSwx6pYq5mr
>>
>>51986969
>>51986943
>>51986917
well I could get is super cheap from one guy at my LGS, so i guess it will be my way to go.
BUT
are those winged guys doing well with hammers, or should buy some upgrade pack to stick them shields? Same goes to lord, I've head he's better with shield sticked on him.
>>
>>51987051
The prosecutors will be fine with hammers.
The lord I'm not sure.

Check here.
https://1d4chan.org/wiki/Age_of_Sigmar/Tactics/Edition_1.1/Stormcast_Eternals
>>
>>51986820
Cheers. They really are so full of character that i almost want to make a mini version of gorechosen and play it out of a little box just so they can be central characters in something.

The fish i think is based on an ian miller piece which was also the god symbol as a fish.

Now let's see if they can do a slaaneshi familiar that's also the symbol of the god it serves.
>>
File: giphy.gif (2MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
giphy.gif
2MB, 500x281px
>>51986892
>>51987051

Fret not, fellow golden/guy/, I shall attend thee.

Like everyone said, get the sigmar half of the starter box, then buy the 2 man easy assemble retributors (so you have a full unit of 5).

From there if you want an easy 1000 point army, get a lord castellant and some judicators. Here's a sample list.

The liberators with the celestants general ability and the castellants armor buff will be sitting at a 2+ armor save, rerolling 1's. They're your anvil. And remember to convert up two of their special weapons (just a big two handed hammer with no shield). They'll make liberators hit a fair amount harder than they would otherwise.

Celestant on dracoth and retributors are your hammer, both will do quite well at 1000 points. Always take the two special hammers for retributors.

Allegiance: Order

Leaders
Lord Celestant On Dracoth (220)
- General
- Tempestos Hammer & Thundershield
- Trait: Staunch Defender - Stormcast Eternals
- Artefact: Relic Blade
- Dracoth Trait: Keen-clawed
Lord Castellant (100)

Battleline
10 x Liberators (200)
- Warhammers
- 2x Grandhammers
5 x Judicators (160)
- Skybolt Bows
- 1x Shockbolt Bow
- Stormcast Eternals Battleline

Units
5 x Paladin Retributors (220)
- 2x Starsoul Mace
3 x Prosecutors with Celestial Hammers (100)
- Celestial Hammers
- 1x Grandhammer

Total: 1000/1000

From there you can decide if you like cavalry or want more paladin foot slogging goodness. You'll need another battleline choice for 2000 points, so having another 5 judicators isn't bad.

Hope this helps a bit, if you have any other questions about stormcast I'm more than happy to help.
>>
>>51987051

Prosecutors with hammers are up to you, I like the reroll because it works on the ranged attack as well as the melee.

That being said, prosecutors with shields do look cool.

The shield on the lord is completely free though and there's no reason to ever not take it. Thankfully if you can just get one spare round shield, it slaps onto his left arm very easily.

The shield upgrade kits are pretty neat, the extra detail is cool on its own.
>>
>>51987164
gracias for input! seem like a good starting point for me!
>>
>>51987051
I prefer shield&hammer over dual hammers, but the difference is minimal. Go with whatever.
That said, try to put a shield on your Lord-Celestant. I've put a leftover Prosecutor shield on the back of mine, if fits sorta neatly into a groove in the cloak.
Also, consider a grand weapon on your Prosecutor's Prime. It's an easy kitbash and ups the otherwise underwhelming damage of the unit at the cost of some shooting.
>>
File: Wych.jpg (337KB, 1011x1128px) Image search: [Google]
Wych.jpg
337KB, 1011x1128px
In the middle of painting up a test model for my Sylvaneth, still got loads of stuff to do to it. I'm leaning towards giving up and stripping it though, the grey doesn't seem like it's going to work very well as a main body colour.
If I do carry on i'm unsure about what colour to do the scythe and the bug on her shoulder

I didn't drybrush the skin and i'm beginning to think that maybe I should have because it doesn't really look like it's got any texture.
>>
>>51981411
>someone did the conversion I've been dreaming of
>it actually looks good

thankyou based tzeentch
>>
Does anyone know a good place to get forgeworld bits? I planned on doing some head swaps with the chaos dwarves but don't want to buy the entire kit only to have headless dwarves lying about
>>
>>51988011

Ebay can be okay if you can find them. That's the problem though, a lot of times specific bits aren't going to be available.
>>
hey guys i am new to aos and a got a box with square AND round bases.

i really like the look of the square bases but after doing some research i found out that future aos boxes will not contain square bases. is this true? i want to have a consistent look...
>>
>>51988011
Try ebay.
I'm pretty sure chaos dwarf heads are built into their bodies tho.
I've got a couple upstairs, will check in a minute.
>>
>>51988070
Yea seems that way, everything on ebay is 200$ "pro painted garbage".

I wish forgeworld could get bigger, they honestly do some killer kits but they're practically slaves right now. They'd make a killing selling upgrade packs for all their models like do for 30k.

You got any idea what I can use as a replacement for the Shar'tor helmet? Cus it's cool as fuck
>>
>>51988104
if you want a consistent look I'd grab a bag of bases, they sell them cheap
>>
>>51988188
so they are definitely not continuing the squared bases?
>>
>>51988203
put everything on rounds. The new models all come with rounds not squares and even though the rules don't say you have to use rounds there is no good reason not to since you're building them now.

The only reason they didn't force rounds in the rules was to keep from pissing off the people who had everything on squared from WHFB.
>>
>>51988203
no, all future releases and new molds as far as I know are to be round
>>
>>51988338
>>51988339
thanks guys you saved me a lot of future rebasing
>>
>>51988338
that last part is fair because rebasing is a pain in the ass
>>
>>51978870

I think we might have a different definition of "good". For 30-some year old models? Yeah they look ok, but compared to *almost* anything relatively modern? The only model I probably wouldn't mind having for anything other than historical purposes is the guy holding his helmet.
>>
>>51985893
Saw your post on AoS 28. Really like that blue and the eye.
>>
>>51987920
I like the concept but I think the greying wood could use some work. Try finding some pictures of burnt ashy wood and add a few more highlights and a wash to the purple to make it really stand out. Any glowing effects, like the eyes, should be a bright green.
>>
File: Angel Form.gif (942KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
Angel Form.gif
942KB, 500x281px
Armorless Stormcast coming in.
>>
Hey guys, I have never used a computer in my life and I wanted to know if Wurzzag is in Aos?
>>
>>51987920

I like it, but it looks more like a spirit or some sort of nightmare creature than a tree. I don't think that's a bad thing necessarily.
>>
>>51989846
No. His model has become the Wurrgog Prophet.
>>
>>51989846
Yes, page 12.
>>
>>51988147
Did you find them anon?
>>
If any anons have an ogor lying about (or better yet it's head) could you do a size comparison with other heads?

I'm sure a chaos warrior head is much too small, but I need a relative scale to work from.

Thanks.
>>
>>51983817

Feminism, not even once.
>>
File: IMAG1216.jpg (306KB, 1276x979px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1216.jpg
306KB, 1276x979px
>>51990715
It's not comparable at all, like hilariously mismatched.

A chaos warrior head on an ogor would look like a goomba from the super mario brothers movie.

An ogor head on a chaos warrior would look like a caricature from a street artist.
>>
File: IMG_3141.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_3141.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>>51990715
chaos space marine
empire free company
some random ogor
marauder horseman
>>
>>51990715

I say just go for it, it's not like AoS has a scale anyway.
>>
>>51990882
Cool at least I have an idea of what to work with. I've got some chaos warriors here, so it's safe to say I'd need a head about double the size. Something like the size of blightkings should be about proper
>>
>>51990915
Killer thank you anon!
>>
>>51990938
blightking heads are about on par with chaos warrior heads. They do that to make the blightking bodies look bigger and more bloated without having the model get too big. A blightking is much smaller than an ogor.
>>
>>51990915
Are you making a chaos spawn?
>>
>>51987920
Man, I kind of regret going with such a mundane color scheme for my treeple now
>>
Where can I read all the current age of sigmar lore?

I am curious as to the fate of the old world. A friend of mine mentioned that some of it is fragmented into different realms or some shit in the new world.

I am a lonely fucker. Is age of sigmar fun to play single player?

Also is white dwarf worth it? *subscription*
>>
40k is still super popular but I can't fucking stand playing it - I want to get more people into AoS. What are the best talking points to convince people to give it a shot?
>>
>>51991767
old world exploded, read the end times to find out how and why

if you want a quick rundown then check 1d4chan

>I am a lonely fucker. Is age of sigmar fun to play single player?
Not really, no. Miniature games are social by nature

>Also is white dwarf worth it? *subscription*
That's a subjective question that has a subjective answer
>>
>>51991839
Free rules
Rules are easy to learn, no need to read 150+ pages of nonsense
Cool models (subjective)
Start collecting boxes make it easy to start (most) factions
Competitive play is relatively well balanced. Requires updating but it's REALLY good for a 1st edition.
>>
>>51981805
>Points added to AoS
>>
So how do battalions work with the the minimum and maximum role slots in the normal pitched battle allotment?

Do the models in the battalion count towards the roles, or do you need the minimum 1 leader and 3 battleline (at 2k) beyond what the battalion has? Also, can battalions let you go past 6 leaders, 4 behemoths, or 4 artillery (at 2k)?
>>
>>51983831
>>51983817
>>51983806
>>51983782
>>51983709
>>51983699
Wow ty for sharing these. They're awesome!
>>
Getting the Thunderfist box for Ironjawz, what do I buy next?
>>
File: howdoi.jpg (29KB, 261x354px) Image search: [Google]
howdoi.jpg
29KB, 261x354px
>>51989846
Then how are you posting this thread.
>>
File: 701px-Settra_Rules.jpg (102KB, 701x899px) Image search: [Google]
701px-Settra_Rules.jpg
102KB, 701x899px
>>51977759
>yfw they add an offhand mention that there's a skeleton guy in the Warp who's been killing Daemons for centuries
>>
>>51992661
Tell me about Settra, anons. Is he actually a cool character, or is the interest in him largely derived from the Tomb Kings being Out of Production?
>>
>>51992334

>do battalion units count towards minimums and restrictions

Yes

>do they let you go over

No

Also units in a battalion can never count towards more than 1 battalion
>>
>>51992809
He is a big guy.
>>
>>51992559

Do you like the Megaboss on mawkrusha? Get one

Otherwise get brutes. More brutes. They look cool and they hit like trucks.
>>
>>51992661

Settra did nothing wrong and took his curse of undeath as an obligation to be the best king that ever was since he'll be the only one for the rest of time.

So yeah he's cool
>>
>>51992809
Settra had a fairly sizable fan base before Tomb Kings got booted. This mostly arose during the End Times due to him telling the Chaos Gods to fuck themselves, although people liked him before that for his strict but fair rule of his people and the memeing of SETTRA DOES NOT KNEEL, although that too mostly arose from the End Times.
>>
>>51992911
That's what I thought. Thanks.

I'm a 40k refugee, so I wasn't sure how similar they were to formations.
>>
Does anyone have the Ironjawz painting guide pdf?
>>
How come Khorne is so popular?
>>
>>51993526
starter box
>>
>>51982415
seconding that gladiator scheme, give them spears and nets for extra coolness. Maneaters and ironguts models will be super cool for that thing.
>>
File: general.jpg (869KB, 1272x2735px) Image search: [Google]
general.jpg
869KB, 1272x2735px
a wip of my general, Thrice Blessed Agganon (counts-as Wulfrik the Wanderer), and some of his barbarian fellows
>>
>>51993526
https://www.ers.usda.gov/topics/crops/corn/background.aspx
>>
>>51993825
I like it!
>>
>>51993825
Like the conversion, but don't like the McD color scheme.
>>
>>51994258
god damn it I am never going to be able to unsee this now

I should have had the colors on the cloak go the other way (swapping the red and yellow)
>>
>>51983403

You could do the same shit for 40k and Fantasy, it's why fan rules for an existing system are usually met with derision.

>>51983745

>Considering it's mostly from a fluff perspective that they're mad (or at least I was) yeah it could help

There are at least a handful who don't like AoS because it doesn't have rank and flank and some of the simulationist elements of Fantasy.

>>51988338

I kind of hope that at some point they just go to measuring from the base and just make people swallow it if one base or another has an advantage. They already do the same thing in 40k where any GW model is legal even if the model itself or its base is smaller than the current version.
>>
>>51993790
>>51982429
So here's my idea thus far.

The ogors hail from some desert (not sure which realm) and have a peculiar belief from the great maw. Rather than consume flesh to date their bellies, these Lhotse believe that consuming the flesh of an individual will impart his or her prowess upon the ogor. As such they have set up a network of fighting pits within the craggy steppes. Often they journey to nearby settlements or trek many miles to the sounds of distant warfare, eager to capture the most noteworthy foes they can find.

Kidnapped warriors will find themselves thrown into the fighting pits, first beset against each other. The Victor expected to consume his opponent. This trend continues, each victory against a foe leading it's way to more and more brutal fights. The stonelord and tyrant always get their meal, but reserve special access to those mighty enough to face them in combat.

As of late many ogors have felt a surge in strength when wielding the armaments of a defeated foe, although often they lack the intelligence to properly care for such masterworks.

I plan on doing head swaps with gladiatorial helms, outfitting various units with whips, nets and of course spears. Some units will have scavenged weapons from other "elite" units such as kirnoth hunters, paladins and chaos knights.

I also plan on adding trophies of slain adversaries to adorn the larger beasts like the stonehorn and thundertusks for those they kill in glorious combat.

What do you guys think?
>>
>tfw Slaves to Darkness look so much better than Khorne, but Khorne gets more love
>>
>>51992661
source?
>>
>>51982415
Gladiator
>>
>>51992809
He told nagash he could fuck right off with his bullshit after nagash defeated his armies and laid down an ultimatum: Join him as one of his underlings or be destroyed. So nagash destroyed him
The chaos gods then put him back together and said they could grant him even more gifts if he worked for them, he told them to piss off as well.
In the chaos of the end times he was later found kicking deamons shit in and when he met nagash again basically said: " I'm not done with you yet but I got some bigger fish to fry right now, you're next"
Also before all that he carved out the greatest human empire the world had yet seen in life, instructed his mages to go find a way to become immortal, got really mad when nagash (again, the cunt) ressurected him as an ugly skelly instead of his glorious alive form and fucked his empire up. He then went about reforging his once great empire, kicking other tomb kings shit in without mercy in death.

"SETTRA DOES NOT SERVE"
-Settra

I never cared much for tomb kings but end times made me really like Settra.
>>
>>51982569
They are not built for damage though, you use them to flank, engage lone heroes, ranged units or artillery in the back or just engage the same unit you're charging with brutes from the opposite side so you take some heat off of them by using them as model magnets in combat. They are a bit overpriced for what they do i give you that but they are far from useless, i always include 3-6 of them and they always get to do something. If they die well they've distracted the opponent and drawed attention so i'm fine with that since it was damage that could've gone on brutes, if the opponent doesn't care about them they're gonna be a pain in the ass.
>>
>>51995223
Sounds like a shitty mary sue
>>
File: 99120201054_ChaosWarShrine01.jpg (43KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99120201054_ChaosWarShrine01.jpg
43KB, 600x620px
Bought a Chaos Warshrine, anyone got tips to Khorne it up?
>>
>>51995659
>how to trigger half a fandom
>>
>>51995659

Nah. Anon talks a big game, but Settra did nothing of note until the ET.
>>
>>51995699
paint it fucking red and use bits, you unimaginative twat.
>>
>>51995739
I got ideas, you git. Just wondering what others would do.
>>
File: 20170303_042932.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170303_042932.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
Is this this shit matte or will it make my models all glossy?
>>
>>51995699
Remove the ring on top and exchange with a khorne symbol, eg the thingy from the bloodsecreator or the mighty lord. Use khorne models, like slaughterpriest or so on top of the shrine. Get a keg of blood from the cauldron of blood of the dark elves and put it on top.
>>
>>51995699
Also, is it really that small IRL? Gw website says its on the small oval base 90x110 or sth, which looks pretty small to me.
I'm custom building my own warshrine atm as well and was not sure which base to use...
>>
>>51995699
A very simple one would be to take a Bloodletter sword and give it to that ritual priest dude or maybe put a Wrathmonger with the cheerleader pose on top.
Other than that, slathering the pit of skulls underneath the statue in Blood for the Blood God is always a good one.
If you play 40k, you can use bits from the Chaos Space Marines like the chains and meat hooks from the vehicle upgrade sprue or the CSM command sprue and let those dangle down the side. Or maybe wrap some wargaming razor wire around the ogre/mutant thingies' arms.

I admit it isn't as easy and straightforward as converting it to Nurgle, but there is potential there.
>>
>>51983831
Are any of these yours?

I was looking out for my own
>>
>>51995777
Not use the awful warshrine in the first place, I guess.
>>
>>51995826
>>51995838
>>51995853

Thanks for the additional ideas, I've got a million bits from various factions laying around.

As for the size, no idea yet, it's still on the sprue.
>>
>>51995939
And the base?
>>
>>51996012
Definitely 120x92.

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-NL/Citadel-120x92mm-Oval-Base
>>
>>51996062
Thanks brother.
>>
>>51995878
One or more of them may or may not be mine, post yours though. I only posted 8 because they were fully painted and I found them after a little scrolling, couldn't be arsed to do a deeper search.
>>
>>51996135

Or more? I might know who you are, maybe.

I posted a few like this a little while ago.
>>
>>51996274
I don't really want to reveal who I am because
1) my real name is in that FB group and anonymity is important here
2) some people get really sniffy about chan users and I don't want it getting out that I use 4chan

I don't remember seeing the model in your image but I really like the conversion and ruddy, stained flesh.
>>
>>51996329

Fair enough, maybe I shouldn't of just posted this here for all to see then. I'm still new here.

Thanks!
>>
>>51996360
If somebody gives you grief for posting here, tell 'em to go fuck themselves.
>>
>>51996495

I'll bear that in mind haha
>>
>>51996589
GRIEF. TAKE THIS FUCKING GRIEF. NOW.
>>
>>51996778

NO, GO FUCK YOURSELF!
>>
>>51996329
if you posted the pictures somewhere else with your real name and also here then people could find out who you really are here. You're confusion is that no one really gives a shit about who you really are anyways. stop being paranoid.
>>
Completely new to this, but I like the look of spooks.

Is this complete garbage?

>Allegiance: Death

Leaders
>Tomb Banshee (80)
>- General
>- Trait: Ruler of the Night
>- Artefact: Cloak of Mists and Shadows

>Cairn Wraith (60)

Battleline
>6 x Spirit Hosts (240)
>- Nighthaunt Battleline

>30 x Skeleton Warriors (240)
>- Ancient Spear & Crypt or Tomb Shield

Units
>5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Behemoths
>Mortis Engine (180)

Total: 960/2000
>>
>>51997168
Not legal, Spirit Hosts are only Battleline under Nighthaunt allegiance.
>>
>>51997385
Ok, so how do I make it a Nighthaunt allegiance?

The General's Handbook didn't really explain it, is it just an arbitrary decision you make?
>>
>>51997168
Not legal, but THANK YOU FOR NOT POSTING ANOTHER FUCKING SCE LIST
>>
>>51997572
How's it not legal? Just curious
>>
>almost decided for an army
>see that someone is selling two boxes of Tomb Guards form TK for less than 70 euros

should I? should I?
>>
>>51997592
See>>51997385
>>
>>51997592
Night haunt alegence is needed for spirit host battline (I think)
>>
>>51997612
How do you attain Nighthaunt allegiance? I thought different sub factions could be grouped as long as they are in the same grand alliance and the basic battleline tax is still filled
>>
File: 1464471919077.jpg (25KB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1464471919077.jpg
25KB, 500x281px
>>51997412
>>51997639
>The General's Handbook didn't really explain it
Pg156 my visually impaired friend
>>
>>51997639
This is what was confusing me.

However, I changed a few things, is this better?

Allegiance: Death

Leaders
>Tomb Banshee (80)

>Necromancer on Nightmare (140)
>- General
>- Trait: Ruler of the Night
>- Artefact: Ring of Immortality

Battleline
>3 x Spirit Hosts (120)
>- Nighthaunt Battleline

>20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
>- Ancient Spear & Crypt or Tomb Shield

>20 x Skeleton Warriors (160)
>- Ancient Blade & Crypt or Tomb Shield

Units
>5 x Hexwraiths (160)

Behemoths
>Mortis Engine (180)

Total: 1000/2000

>>51997660
Ok, so would my previous list be legal if I just said Allegiance: Nighthaunt rather than Allegiance: Death?

Or does everything in it have to be a nighthaunt to do that?
>>
>>51997677
Everything has to be noghthaunt to do that
>>
>>51997685
Ok, thank you.

I thought that was how it worked, but the book kept on going on about being able to use everything and combining everything being encouraged, etc.
>>
>>51997677
>Ok, so would my previous list be legal if I just said Allegiance: Nighthaunt rather than Allegiance: Death?
You can't because you have skellybones in there, they aren't Nighthaunt hence you don't satisfy the Nighthaunt allegiance requirement. The only allegiance you satisfy is Death atm
>Or does everything in it have to be a nighthaunt to do that?
Bingo
>>
File: IMAG1474.jpg (580KB, 2768x796px) Image search: [Google]
IMAG1474.jpg
580KB, 2768x796px
what should I add to "chaos-up" this guys mount a bit more? or should I just leave it as-is, and make it look sickly/diseased when painting?
>>
>>51997707
If you want skeletons in your list, death have a convenient work around. Summoning.

As long as your starting list is nighthaunt, and you have summoning points reserved, you can summon in what you want even if it breaks allegiance, even if it takes you over things like hero, behemoth, or artillery limits.

So make your list nighthaunt, keep some points in summoning reserves, then as you play, summon whatever you want
>>
>>51997702
You can use them in the same army with anything, but you don't necessarily have nighthaunt allegiance and therefore can't use hosts as battle lines.
>>
>>51997707
>>51997827
>>51997923

Just checking, but are there rules anywhere for the Allegiances for the subfactions of Death? I'm putting together a coincidentally all-Soulblight list so I'm curious
>>
>>51997734
remove horns on nose, put tentacles with eyes at the extremity instead

hardmode: paint the fur in a way that the sickly pale/greenish skin below is very visible (don't paint the fur up to the hair's base) while the fur itself a glossy black with lateral lines in the attempt to make it look a mane of leeches/grubs/worms.
>>
>>51998027
>remove horns on nose, put tentacles with eyes at the extremity instead
that sounds very silly

>hardmode: paint the fur in a way that the sickly pale/greenish skin below is very visible (don't paint the fur up to the hair's base) while the fur itself a glossy black with lateral lines in the attempt to make it look a mane of leeches/grubs/worms.
that, I do like
>>
>>51997981
Not yet. Death so far only has the death allegiance traits.
>>
File: flail-snail-photo-u1.jpg (43KB, 650x650px) Image search: [Google]
flail-snail-photo-u1.jpg
43KB, 650x650px
>>51998078
>that sounds very silly

you don't understand
>>
>>51998122
where would I get such eyes, then?
>>
>>51998129
chaos spawns sprue
>>
>>51998167
I'll see if I can scrounge up some.

thanks for the advice, anon.
>>
>>51997677
outside of hosts not being battleline this list is fine because at 1000 you only need 2 battleline and you;ve got two skelengton units
>>
>>51997153
learn english and then fuck off, retard
>>
>>51998108
That's what I thought. I'm just wondering why people are weighing up the pros and cons of taking a subfactional allegiance. Just for battleline tax, right?
>>
>>51998344
So far that would be the only reason to taking a subfaction allegiance for death if there is a battleline benefit.

Again, so far, eventually all the factions will get their battletome with allegiance abilities, but it's going to take quite some time to get around to them all.
>>
>>51998327
His English seems fine
>>
>>51998701
He mixed up a you're. Therefore he should be cast to the wolves because this is /tg/ and nobody ever rushes their posts or types on their phones or whatever.
>>
File: fyreslayer11.jpg (100KB, 736x552px) Image search: [Google]
fyreslayer11.jpg
100KB, 736x552px
i've been wondering, people says fyreslayer are shit, but are they good as auxiliaries for a main dwarf army ? kind of like mixing slaves to darkness with KBB for buffing combo with mark of khorne or extra magic resistance
>>
>>51998924
>people says fyreslayer are shit

They received Sigmar's blessing in the form of an across the board 20% reduction in points costs for their units recently. Old criticism of their strength is invalid.
>>
>>51999118

It works only for Fyreslayer or also for the others dwarfs?
>>
>>51999118
my question is still valid though. Would they add anything to a dwarf army ?
>>
>>51998701
thanks. This guy >>51998327 seems to have had an autistic freak out for no apparent reason.
>>
>>51999169
I can't speak to that. others who are know to lurk this board can give you better guidance regarding the dwarves and their various nuances.
>>
>>51995779
Glossy

You want Testors Dullcote.

Hit models with both though, glossy first.

Matte doesn't protect that much, but glossy does.
>>
>>51998327
People who play AoS should not cast stones.
>>
>>52000654
And what are the consequences? Five butthurt /tg/ fantasy fans joined by Total Warhammer newbies shitposting on the AoS general and this will lead to GW bringing back WHFB?
>>
>>52001068
But you don't understand. His shitposting provides a voice for the millions of betrayed fantasy players. Millions, anon! Millions! How are they to be heard without these 5 brave souls?
>>
File: 1464762385.jpg (288KB, 768x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1464762385.jpg
288KB, 768x1024px
super dead thread today. obligatory elves when to keep things moving.
>>
>>52001607
Morathi when?
>>
Played Vanguard Palladors, they're really decent. Need a few more games to really make a decision, but they did their job quite well.
>>
>>52002986
I'd agree. Nothing exceptional, but solid troubleshooters.
Did you use javelins or hatchets?
>>
>>52003067
Javelins. Hatchets can't be used the same turn they use their movement ability
>>
>>52000597
Then do shit like nurgles rot, ardcoat, and typhus corrosion+ryza rust?
>>
>>52003205
For stuff that you want to look wet or otherwise shiny you can brush on glossy varnish after the matte coat has dried.

Most of the GW technicals are just really thick paints, but stuff like pigment powders and the like will lose their 'dusty' finish after varnish coats, so you'll want to do them last.
>>
>>52003314
I don't think the corrosion and rust are powders. One is a texture paint and the other a drybrush paint so maybe they would go on before the matte?

So glossy -> matte -> brush on glossy
Thread posts: 314
Thread images: 45

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.