[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Age of Sigmar General /aosg/

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 345
Thread images: 49

File: Neferata.jpg (127KB, 992x903px) Image search: [Google]
Neferata.jpg
127KB, 992x903px
Nice Hat edition

>resources
pastebin.com/qCZb0mvh

>General's Handbook pdf
mega.nz/#!DxRGmTZL!x_L0eobCjr4qrF7enhVlZ2DffTtRa3hdDrc5RctcAbE

>army builder
scrollbuilder.com

Old thread:
>>51931519
>>
MOONCLAN GROTS IS BEST GROTS
>>
Second for chaos dwarfs and fyreslayers, whom have THE best hats (and are the most glorious priests of the fyreslayers!)
>>
File: IMG_0833.jpg (115KB, 852x1136px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_0833.jpg
115KB, 852x1136px
I cannot wait until this fucker is finished and made available to the public. What do you think his unique spell will be? A buff to fimir or one of those do d3 mortal wounds, if x deal d6 mortal wounds?
>>
Quick question, /tg/. Which would you consider better: Ordo Draconis, or Ordo Serpentis? On the face of things, Draconis has the better dragon, but Serpentis gets the War Hydra to balance things out and has the chariot besides.
>>
File: Aenarion_&_indraugnir.jpg (424KB, 1240x728px) Image search: [Google]
Aenarion_&_indraugnir.jpg
424KB, 1240x728px
>>51955513
>Nice Hat edition
>>
>>51955624
Going by gut feeling, I'd expect some mist-fuckery, either as a debuff to bravery or hit chance or something, or as an aoe buff for Fimir around the caster.
>>
>>51955775
Does Ordo Draconis mean something other than Blood Dragons in AOS?
>>
>>51955871
Ordo Draconis is the High Elf dragon stuff, the lord on dragon and the old mounted prince and dragon nobles.

Ordo Serpentis is the Dark Elf dragon stuff, the lord on dragon and the old cold one knights, chariot, and war hydra.
>>
About to start a Sylvaneth army and I'm unsure about what colour to do them, I've narrowed it down to two options and i'm just wondering which you guys think sounds more interesting?

Autumn themed, lots of yellows, oranges and reds.

Grey for all the wood and lots of blues purples and black for all the leaves and magical bullshit
>>
>>51954411

Do you consider space marines to have replaced imperial guard?

There are a ton of humans in the fight against chaos, the stormcast were just the vanguard needed to break the stalemate and provide champions that can stand up to the strongest chaos can muster.
>>
File: 1484994103297.jpg (165KB, 375x1050px) Image search: [Google]
1484994103297.jpg
165KB, 375x1050px
>>51955513
I play choas dwarves, i win nicest hat battle
>>
File: 16.jpg (293KB, 800x1038px) Image search: [Google]
16.jpg
293KB, 800x1038px
>>51955513
Look at my hat, my hat is amazing.
>>
>>51955931
40K≠AOS
>>
>>51955901
I'd say the latter. It'd stand out more among other Sylvaneth players.
>>
>>51956075
I love AoS, and this isn't really a bad thing but.
Space marines = Stormcast
>>
>>51955901
I love autumn themed sylvaneth
>>
File: 158.png (15KB, 447x378px) Image search: [Google]
158.png
15KB, 447x378px
>>51956075

I fully and whole heartedly agree, but given that the free guilds, ironweld and arcanum played a bigger role in the seasons of war campaign than the stormcast did I imagine they're not going to literally replace all human factions with stormcast.

Which makes no sense gameplay wise because Stormcast and Empire are about as far apart ruleswise as you can get.

>>51956129

They're both big, armored, superhumans and they certainly have a similar aesthetic in some ways.

But what makes me like stormcast and be bored with marines is that stormcast are still completely human emotionally and led normal(ish) human lives before they were reforged.

Everytime I read one of the better stormcast books and they either vomitted, slept, cried or felt loss for their families I thought to myself "Cato Sicarius wouldn't have done that."

Its refreshing.

The bad stormcast books are absolutely fucking awful though.
>>
>>51956129
There is room for everything in the game. I don't see anything bad with allowing them into the setting (bretonnians/Empire) I was only commenting on how it appears that, so far as the fluff and setting were originally presented, the empire and bretonnians weren't supposed to be a part of it.

but they (GW) can backtrack on that decision. They may already be hinting at it with the new warhammer quest stuff that looks strait out of an old WHFB empire city.
>>
>>51956239

I think its more that they didn't want to overshadow the stormcasts release with other humans.

Which I think was a big mistake, Stormcast would have been awesome if they were depicted alongside free guilds like warriors of chaos are around marauders.
>>
>>51956267
It doesn't fit the army. Sigmar wanted a force that literally sowed terror into his enemies. Little humans running around with them would lose out on the purpose.
>>
>>51956340
Unless shit changed in the new battletome, Sigmar didn't give a shit about the terror factor, except that they'd need to be terrifying as a side effect of being good enough. All Sigmar wanted was a force strong enough to turn the tide. That's what he has.
>>
>>51956340

Considering those little humans beat Chaos all the way out of the mortal realms, I don't think that was the case.
>>
>>51956239
>strait
you mean straight

>original fluff recounts that chaos had dominion over all the mortal realms save sigmars
>global campaign has order win back footholds and make cities
>wow apparently with the new warhammer quest there are cities???

it's like you aren't even paying attention
>>
>>51956412
>beat them all the way out of the mortal realms

except they didn't? most of the mortal realms are still chaos, you guys have three cities
>>
>>51956540

the age of myths halfway point was when the order pantheon pushed chaos completely out of the mortal realms.

However, humans being humans, shit got stupid and in fighting led to chaos being allowed back in.

The age of myth ended with Sigmar closing America off from mexico and figuring out how to make the mortal realms great again.

Anyway point is that normal humans weren't steamrolled by chaos, they were corrupted and weakened from within. Something stormcast seem to be the answer to, considering that they have the role of the Inquisition in order cities.
>>
File: grammar_nazi.jpg (31KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
grammar_nazi.jpg
31KB, 600x450px
>>51956515
>>
File: Doomwheel.jpg (46KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
Doomwheel.jpg
46KB, 600x620px
So which size oval base do I put these bastards on?
>>
>>51956784
The one it came with.
>>
>>51956784
a big one
>>
>>51956795
It comes with a rectangular base.
>>
>>51956909
So? It's on a rectangular base, then.
>>
>>51956919
Rectangular bases are for squares.
>>
>>51956949
Guess what you are for playing the damn thing, then?
>>
>>51957040
What?
>>
>>51957058
A square. Put it on the base it came with and stop bitching.
>>
>>51956784
http://havoc.holywarsgt.com/wp-content/uploads/2016/04/Warhammer-base-size-chart-V1.pdf
>>
Any updates on Death releases? Some Vampire/Soulblight releases and army books would be nice. I want to buy Mannfredd on his Nightmare and Blood Knights (gift card I received eliminates some pain of their price), and I'm waiting for them to be restocked. Getting anxious because I just began the army and I cannot wait to field some of my favorite looking units.
>>
>>51957264
Nothing big. It's been said that every grand alliance is going to get *something* this year, but no telling on when Death's *something* will be.

Current rumors are currently pointing to Order being next in line with duardin, with Slaanesh and/or elves coming in summer.
>>
>>51957417
>Slaanesh

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIIH5Bva738
>>
File: Lahmian_Art.png (892KB, 708x1165px) Image search: [Google]
Lahmian_Art.png
892KB, 708x1165px
>>51957417
Awesome, thanks anon, awesome news all around. Have a Lahmian.
>>
File: Faceshields.jpg (364KB, 1226x746px) Image search: [Google]
Faceshields.jpg
364KB, 1226x746px
Progress slowly but surely, face shields, and also five of these ironsworn, I'm particularly proud of the gems on the shoulders and on one mask, as they were a fucking bitch to cast
>>
Anyone wanting to know what's rumored to be coming next?

Bookmark this page and check it about ever week. The first post he keeps updated with confirmed rumors, but more importantly the upcoming rumors.

http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/217-the-rumour-thread/

THIS IS LITERALLY ALL WE FUCKING KNOW

This probably should go in the OP
>>
>>51957858
also the sky is blue. may as well throw that in there since we are stating the obvious common knowledge things.
>>
File: 1488264644854.jpg (81KB, 362x464px) Image search: [Google]
1488264644854.jpg
81KB, 362x464px
rate my gobbo list. I have no idea what im doing
>>
>>51958087
2000 points, should have said
>>
>>51958087
>Only 20 grots each
You really don't, huh.

On a more constructive note, you might want to drop some Fanatics, or maybe the cave squigs (you've already got 3 giant death-squigs, after all). Use the points gained to give your grot units some extra bulk, just to keep them on the table a little longer. 30 each should do.
>>
I've heard talk that Tomb Kings and also Necrosphinxes were mentioned in some of the new fluff. I know about the Obsidian monarchy, but what book/tome mentions Necrosphinxes?
>>
>>51958087
grot
>>
>>51958087
Unless you're planning on running them all bows and slittas, you want big units of grots. You go big or you go home with these guys. Obviously take nets there is literally no reason not to. Drop the cave squigs and squig herders. Take a boss with prodder and squig instead of on the squig. I find the prodder boss gives more bang for the buck with a projectile attack. I mean it is a grot after all. Try not to have him engage unless you know for certain he can come out on top. The big squigs can work to your advantage early game. Try to get them into soft targets if you can help it. Otherwise they are half decent monsters. Have them go nuts but definitely keep them supported with archer fire or grots surrounding the target.
>>
File: 69931.jpg (197KB, 600x849px) Image search: [Google]
69931.jpg
197KB, 600x849px
this thread is so slow right now I almost shit posted something to bait a bunch of (you)s but instead I'll just give you all a picture of an elf to remind you that its been almost two years and we still haven't had an elf release.
>>
>>51959242
Thanks I almost forgot.
Damn you got a (You) anyways.
>>
File: tomb kangz.jpg (544KB, 2048x1536px) Image search: [Google]
tomb kangz.jpg
544KB, 2048x1536px
>he doesnt play tomb kings in AOS

Whats your excuse?
>>
>>51959242
I dont care for the elven kind, but its still pretty sad for their players.
>>
>>51959275
While they are an awesome army fluff and look wise, I prefer vampire counts. But as soon as they re-release them, ill be playing them in a heart beat.
>>
>>51958902
what if i drop a grot squad and pump the other two to 40 each, then make the third battleline something sturdier like ogres
>>
>>51957856
are the faces totally greenstuff or did you use part of a skull as the base and work off of that?
>>
File: bretonnia-crusade-1280.jpg (667KB, 1280x815px) Image search: [Google]
bretonnia-crusade-1280.jpg
667KB, 1280x815px
>>51955513
>Nice Hat edition
At last brothers, our day has come! Ride! RIDE FORTH, FOR THE LADY!! And her hats!
>>
>>51959296
>>51959275
why wait when you can convert
>>
File: ushabticron.jpg (124KB, 1121x1494px) Image search: [Google]
ushabticron.jpg
124KB, 1121x1494px
>>51959599
ment to post this
>>
>>51959464
I made a stamp from the Spirit Hosts face, and then when putting them on the shields, each time there was variations of fucks ups that I tried to fix and adjust to make look better with a sculpting tool the best I could with obvious varying results. I'm happy about how they turned out though
>>
>>51959614
Azir, is that you?
>>
>>51959599
I dont have infinite money sadly. I just came back into the hobby.
>>
>>51959668
who's that? I was just making a lych-shabti
>>
>>51959403
Totally go for it. You have little ranged support unless one of those blocks of grots is bows? Not that destruction has a lot of ranged to begin with. Maybe drop a fanatic unit and add a spear chukka instead?
>>
>>51959708
>>51959403
Try this

LEADERS
Grot Warboss (80)
- General
- Moon Prodder & Giant Cave Squig
Moonclan Grot Shaman (60) Moonclan Grot Shaman (60)
UNITS
40 x Moonclan Grots (240)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- Battleline
40 x Moonclan Grots (240)
- Pokin Spears & Moon Shields
- Battleline
5 x Grot Fanatics (150) 5 x Grot Fanatics (150) 6 x Ogors (240)
- Battleline
BEHEMOTHS Mangler Squigs (240) Colossal Squig (300)
WAR MACHINES
Grot Spear Chukka (120)
Grot Spear Chukka (120)

2000 on the nose
>>
Is the Carmine Dragon worth it, /tg/? I'm an Elf player who got into it for being good guys and also having dragons in my fantasy, because high fantasy and dragons and shit is my jam. But 480 points for a second dragon in my army with a Dragonlord as my general? And it doesn't even get any Ordo Draconis buffs?

It's powerful enough on its own, I just don't know if it's worth the price tag or not. Sell me or unsell me on it, /tg/.
>>
>>51955624
If we're lucky, it'll let you have one of your units "Disappear into the mists" and then reappear a certain distance away. Counts as move, but not charge
>>
>>51956515
Not only that but I think that the city the new warhammer quest takes place in is explicitly one of the cities that got founded
>>
>>51957417
>>51957734
The thing with death, is that, for now, they've done all they can with making new battletomes. all the death factions are comprised of units that... well, the boxes that make them can't really be made into much else. At best we could get a vampire lord on terrorgeist and some sort of halfway between the blood throne and mortis engine, but that an army does not make
However, when death DOES finally get new shit, you can be ASSURED that it'll be accompanied by new models
Well. Unless they decide to try get stupid with skelemans
>>
>>51959275
My friend plays them and we wanted different armies. I ALMOST bought a force of brets though. Wish I did
>>
>>51959275
where are you buying these?
>>
>>51959275
No Dragons in a fantasy game. Sphinxes just don't do it for me the same way, y'know?
>>
>>51959275
I didnt buy in time and now its all double the price
>>
man, just read the second story in War Storm. Reforging is a horrible experience.
>>
>>51959614
that's fucking aweful
>>
>>51960190
except if they rebox the tomb kings
>>
>>51960510
awe-some-ful?
>>
>>51960625
No, its a fucking mess an ugly frankenstein and he should never bother converting
>>
>>51960667
>>51960510
I don't know, if painted well it could be pretty cool... as a 40k necron model. It has no business being in fantasy whatsoever
>>
>>51960733
I've seen his projects, it's a 40k army for sure, just with tributes to Tomb Kings units
>>
>>51960752
Ah ok. I was confused.
>>
Whats a cool, low model count army
>>
>>51960819
Stormcast and beastclaw.
>>
>>51960819
Depends on how you define "cool"

But beastclaw raiders and gutbuster ogors are both very low model count
>>
What army has the best ranged attacks?

Fastest army?
>>
Can you do an Ironjawz army of all big guys and the brute wyvern?

What is a good way to supplement such an army? Lot of Death, Chaos, Stormcasts and Beastclaws at my store.
>>
Why is there a giant in the ironjawz battleforce box. You cant run him without fuckingnup your brute battleline
>>
>>51960525
WHICH THEY FUCKING SHOULD. At least the foot soldiers that is.
>>
Why just discontinue the tomb kings. They could have just rolled the plastic kits into VC
>>
>>51961213
They are coming out with new models. They have to drop some of the older ones to make room in stores and warehouses.
>>
>>51960977
There is no army that has the "best" shooting attacks and no army can win with purely shooting, but there are a few factions that are quite good at shooting - Tzeentch, Freeguild, Seraphon, Stormcast, Highborne, and Skaven all stand out.

Bonesplitterz and Beastclaw Raiders can both make lists that feature heavy shooting but ultimately you need to rely on your melee units to win games.

I would assume Dispossessed and Ironweld Arsenal are good but I haven't seen them on the table enough yet

Fastest armies are Slaneesh, Tomb Kings, Dark Elves, and some Ironjawz lists.
>>
Which armies are just terrible as fuck?

I vote for Fyreslayers
>>
>>51961415
Khorne Bloodbound and Ironjawz are almost certainly the worst 2 mainstream armies, but the worst factions are probably those small mini factions that were split from the old WHFB armies.

Fyreslayers would be just as bad if they didn't have decent shooting infantry, a good deployment gimmick, and anti-horde monsters. They are also surprisingly sturdy with rerollable saves and 4+ ignore on big blobs on dudes.

They are not good but they're nowhere near as bad as KBB and IJ.
>>
>>51961478
C-Can they beat Skaven?
>>
Are Savage Orruk models any good looking? Do they fit alongside Ironjawz? I don't want to ruin the aesthetic of the Ironjawz, but I've been thinking about adding Arrerboyz.

What's a good Ironjawz/Savage Orruk list look like, anyway?
>>
>>51961478
Ironjawz are miles better than KBB and fyreslayers, simply on the grounds that they're okay
>>
>>51961484
They can, yeah, but it depends on the lists and strategies. Hearthguard tunneling behind the enemy can eliminate Warp Lightning Cannons and other artillery. They are much more durable in melee than almost all Skaven units, and have decent Bravery so they're not very likely to battleshock to a handful of losses.

Skaven are revered for their mortal wound shooting attacks through units like WLC and Stormfiends, but it is significantly weakened against an army with infantry that can ignore mortal wounds on 4+.

Magmadroths can tackle those large blobs of clanrats/slaves that everyone loves to run.

Fyreslayers are not as bad as everyone thinks. They're not on the same tier as top armies like the Tomb Kings but they're certainly more powerful than garbage tier armies like KBB and IJ.
>>
Are the beasts of Nurgle any good?
>>
>>51961415
anything with low model count
>>
>>51961415
Everchosen.
>>
>>51961536
beastclaw and tomb kings are top tier and both use low model counts
>>
>tfw when the 1d4chan article for Ironjawz said they were good
>tfw when your best friend convinced you it'd be a good idea to buy into the game as ironjawz
>tfw he plays skaven

Fuck off Max
>>
>>51961478

What is bad about Ironjawz?

Bloodbound have good heroes for buffing other Khorne faction models at least. I assume the best chaos army is some Tzeentch cheese.
>>
>>51961577
Theyre both bad armies because all they do is move forward and engage in melee, and that is the easiest strategy to counter.
>>
>>51961621
What could Ironjawz do to change that? Whether a change to their list building, tactica, or even new units.
>>
Anyone have some interesting conversion ideas for BCR? I love the mounts but the riders are definitely not favorites of mine. Unfortunately I'm drawing a blank on replacements
>>
>>51961626
I would like to see them combine the Orruks into a single Battletome like they did with the Stormcast and Tzeentch releases. It would let you run Ironjawz with some Savage Orruks to support you with shooting and magic.

You can do that right now but everybody seems to be stuck in the WHFB mindset that they must pick units in the same faction.
>>
>>51961626
Turn into orky Sigmarines.

Just like Nagash making his Death Sigmarines and Archaon's Everchosen army being the basis for his Chaos Sigmarines.
>>
>>51961644
But mixing all Orruks is just lame as fuck. Just like Globalism and losing your army culture for mixed shit.
>>
>>51956046
FW castrated the CD hats because it hates everything awesome.
>>
>>51961667
So you want to only run Ironjawz but somehow get access to shooting/magic?

These two things are mutually exclusive. Ironjawz are literally just Melee Orcs: The Faction.
>>
>>51961690
Not him, but we've talked about how they could easily give Ironjawz basically shooting. Give Brutes the option to bring an arbalest or throwing axes.

I'd also like to see ded 'ard arrer boyz.
>>
>>51961699
But Ironjawz have strong connections to their weapons. They forge them over a long period of many battles, finding new iron to slap onto the killing parts.

Ironjawz wouldnt throw their weapons like the Fyreslayers throw axes.
>>
>>51961748
Give them a rule where they have to pick the axes up out of their opponents by charging them then, and if they do they get a buff.
>>
>FW gave rules and points for the war mammoth, but not the Land Ship even though both are oop

fuckers
>>
>>51961771
More like they can throw the axes, then must charge the target, if they fail the charge, they get a debuff of some kind.
>>
>>51962278
>let's add a dumb debuff if they fail
I bet GW would do this.
>>
>>51961748
Give them a huge blunderbuss with an axe-head or a gunpowder-based harpoon gun instead. That way they can fight in melee with their chosen weapona and still contribute shooting.
>>
>>51962307
Better than getting a free bonus for doing something you'd want to do anyway.
>>
Any word on the new steamheads?
>>
File: 99229999082_120x92mmOval.jpg (26KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99229999082_120x92mmOval.jpg
26KB, 600x620px
>>51957069
>>51957058
>>51957040
>>51956949
>>51956919
>>51956909
>>51956894
>>51956795

>A model’s base isn’t considered part of the model – it’s just there to help the model stand up – so don’t include it when measuring distances.

All the shitposting in these threads about bases for a game where it LITERALLY doesn't matter. Further proof that autists need rules for everything or they completely fly off the handle.

>>51957178
>>51956784
Pic related should work
>>
>>51960151
It doesn't. The Seeds of Hope were Greywater Fastness, Phoenicium, and the Living City.

Hammerhal looks like it's a separate place - which is unfortunate, because I'd really like to see what the aftermath of the Season of War actually is, in the new cities themselves.
>>
>>51961033
You can if you use the battalion in the box (as long as it has points, check the GHB if you're unsure). It's an Ironjawz battalion, so everything in it is Ironjawz.
>>
>>51962693
Is that true, since the Spire of Dawn actually lists that your Eldritch Council units are now Swifthawk Agents. Is that just for the abilities and such?
>>
>>51962617
I have to say I agree with you. People complain about square bases even though the rules clearly state, on the first page iirc, that it doesn't matter. Can't people be bothered to read four pages before shitposting?
>>
>>51962903
I think some of these are AoS 'fundamentalists' for lack of a better word. They hate everything that can be associated with fantasy, so they throw a shitfit anything vaguely reminiscent of WHFB shows up...
>>
>>51962617
My local meta goes by bases. It's way easier than trying to figure out shit by the models themselves.
>>
>>51963050
Basically every meta goes by base.
>>
>>51963086
>>51963050
Oh don't get me wrong I think that is fine, but being a fascist about base size in a game which they are only relevant due to a 'houserule' is kinda crazy. In addition, saying that square bases are 'wrong' is completely fabricated.
>>
>>51960979
Yes. In an all ironjaw army, brutes are battleline so you are fine.

To supplement them? If you want ranged, you could go general destruction, grab some savage orruks for 300 pts (assuming 2k games) and then some ranged help like savage orruks arrowboys, or grot artillery. Or go Grots with bows so that you already have ranged support in the form of generic battleline.

If you want to stay pure ironjawz, a mawkrusha at 2k is fine. Goregruntas are pretty bad, but in an army that can be surprisingly fast, gore gruntas can get a turn 1 charge pretty easily which might allow you to get a hero kill early or getting some of their melee stuck in a fight on their side of the board and not advancing up to an objective.

But without really knowing what kind of lists those players are bringing, its hard to suggest too much. Brutes will already do a decent job vs stormcast due to weight of attacks. I've had trouble vs Flesh Eaters with my ironjawz due to no way to kill off courtiers, so bringing ranged will help, spear chuckas or doom divers will help. Beast claws will be hard, cause the stornhorn and frostlord will kill anything they touch of yours, so maybe throw away a unit in hopes of surviving and locking it up while you go win objectives.
>>
>>51962594
Ironjawz don't need most silly shit. They already have a command ability that can fail, a charge rule that doesn't work majority of the game, a caster with hard to cast spells, who is overcosted, and has a rule that will kill himself first. Giving them a unit with a ranged attack that debuffs them on a fail charge is just right up there with units I'd never take unless they got a rule that helped them charge better.
>>
>>51962828
Yeah. If they're in a battalion, they only count as whatever faction the battalion is for the purposes of listbuilding and such. They still don't have the keyword.
>>
>>51963417
Ah right. A lot of issues with the Order armies would be fixed if we had some mixed faction battallions which depict collaboration between certain factions. Like the Spire of Dawn one. Might be good if they release a Grand Alliance Order 2.0 with Grand Alliance wide new traits, artifacts, spells and battallions. Or do part of that with a new GBH. Would be more efficient then making new Battletomes for all of those factions.
>>
You guys varnish your models?
>>
working on this conversion for Nagash, what ya'll think?
>>
>>51963792
What a lazy fuck! (good work)
>>
>>51963733
Yeah, gloss first, then matte, then gloss the glossy things again.
>>
>>51963792

Niiiice

>They told me I could rest when I was dead, so I am
>>
>>51963792
better pictures please, looks pretty rad
>>
>>51963827
>>51963805
haha, in my mind, Nagash is basically Skeletor - as if Skeletor wouldn't have a pimp ass ride?
>>
>>51963846
do my best, its an awkward model to take photo's of
>>
File: 20170302_002221.jpg (4MB, 5312x2988px) Image search: [Google]
20170302_002221.jpg
4MB, 5312x2988px
>>51963935
>>51963846
>>
File: 1488375153219.jpg (471KB, 897x1594px) Image search: [Google]
1488375153219.jpg
471KB, 897x1594px
>>51963958
>>51963935

FTFY
>>
>>51963976
<3
>>
>>51963976
Thats reaaaaally cool. What is the base? A regular chariot?
>>
>>51963988
its a magewrath throne on top of a Mortis Engine
>>
>>51963988

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Vampire-Counts-Mortis-Engine
>>
>>51963998
>>51963996
Ahh yes, now I see it. Didnt think of the Mortis Engine. Great work, son, keep us updated!
>>
>Another slow melee army

Doomed to fail forever at 1000 points, or merely easy to counter with tournament lists?

Allegiance: Chaos

Leaders
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Bloodbathed Axe
- Artefact: Chaos Runeblade

Bloodstoker (80)

Bloodsecrator (120)

Aspiring Deathbringer (80)
- General
- Goreaxe and Skullhammer
- Trait: Terrifying Presence
- Artefact: Favour of the Gods

Battleline
10 x Bloodreavers (60)
- Meatripper Axes

20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades

20 x Bloodreavers (120)
- Reaver Blades

5 x Chaos Knights (200)
- Ensorcelled Weapons
- Mark of Chaos: Khorne
- Slaves to Darkness Battleline

Battalions
Dark Feast (100)

Total: 980/1000
>>
File: 1484137805851.png (2MB, 1430x1430px) Image search: [Google]
1484137805851.png
2MB, 1430x1430px
Yo nerds quick rules question. For the blood warriors rule that allows them to pile in and attack before being removed as a casualty, does that still proc if they've already piled in and attacked? I had my first game yesterday and my opponent was saying that it was only if they hadn't yet piled in and attacked. Pic related.
>>
>>51964527
>playing KBB
>>
>>51964631
Yes that is a factual statement.
>>
Does someone have the Death Bone Zone screencap?
>>
>>51964527
>does that still proc if they've already piled in and attacked?
yes

If they die in the combat phase, the model gets to make a pile in move and attack before being removed. There's no restrictions beyond "being killed in the combat phase"
>>
>>51961485
>Are Savage Orruk models any good looking?
Go to the GW site and look for yourself, anon. Judging if something looks good or not is about as subjective an opinion as you can get.
>>
File: Highelves_whitelions.jpg (565KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
Highelves_whitelions.jpg
565KB, 1000x1000px
>>51961478
>but the worst factions are probably those small mini factions that were split from the old WHFB armies.
Particularly the elf factions, which I hate to say. They have very little synergy, even within their own mini-factions. They also suffer greatly from the "sub-faction that only has a few models in it" disease, particularly Swifthawk Agents and Lion Rangers.

The one with the most potential are Wanderers, but even then they suffer from being rather overcosted.

I just want elves to be decent, anons.

Also, Devoted of Sigmar being separate from the Freeguilds. It's really dumb that Warrior Priest prayers are designated to only work on Devoted and not Free Peoples as a whole.
>>
>>51964910
Swifthawk Agents is a pretty poor example anon.
>>
>>51964931
Why, because Spire of Dawn gives them two or three more units? That still puts them below the unit count of most functional armies.

Not to mention, people in these threads frequently complain how useless Reavers and the horse chariots are.
>>
File: 1488381579308423807955.jpg (3MB, 3984x2988px) Image search: [Google]
1488381579308423807955.jpg
3MB, 3984x2988px
>>51962955
Having recently bought some kickass third party minis with square bases, I'm quite glad for the lack of concern, sorry for the haphazard pic, I plan to clean it up later
>>
>>51964910
I think the fact that their hasn't been an elf release for almost two years was deliberate on GW's part. They, I theorize, wanted to try to get people who played elves in WHFB to spend money on the new armies.
>>
http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon/June/hallowed-knights-plague-garden-ebook.html

>During the greatest battles of the War for Life, the Stormcast Eternals suffered a great tragedy: the Hallowed Knights Lord-Castellant Lorus Grymn was lost to the Realm of Chaos. Now his fellow Steel Souls venture into the domain of Nurgle himself in search of their lost comrade…

>READ IT BECAUSE
>It's a return to the Mortal Realms… sort of. It's something new for the Age of Sigmar as the Stormcast Eternals take on Chaos not just in the usual places, but right in the very heart of the Dark Gods' own domain.

>THE STORY
>As the War for the Realm of Life continues, Lord-Castellant Lorrus Grymn leads the battered remnants of the Steel Souls warrior chamber against the sargasso-citadels of the Verdant Bay. The Hallowed Knights claim victory, but at a terrible cost – Grymn is lost to Realm of Chaos. Now Gardus, newly-reforged and fresh from the destruction of the Scabrous Sprawl, must lead his warriors into the foetid heart of Nurgle's realm in search of the Lord-Castellant, where they must once more brave the horrors of the Realm of Decay...

This might be the Femcast novel, get hype
>>
>>51965051
Wait is this current as in around same time as city of secrets? Because I thought the war for the realm of life had ended since the realmgate wars are over
>>
>>51964910
Also shadow blades. Literally dark riders (light cav) and the underwhelming assassin hero. Two weak overcoats units in the whole stupid faction.

It's like whoever made that decision had an axe to grind against the elf armies because it makes zero sense.
>>
>>51964988
>Not to mention, people in these threads frequently complain how useless Reavers and the horse chariots are.
All the armchair generals that complain about literally everything?

I'm not saying it's perfect but they have got 7 units with quite some variation in them. Depends on what your bar for functioning army is of course. I still don't get why people are so hung up on fielding mono faction lists, there is hardly any benefit to it.

Lion Rangers, Shadowblades are thrash factions though.

>>51965015
That looks pretty dope, who produces those? If only the actual Saurus knight could channel this instead of the retard chickens they ride.
>>
>>51965015
oh shit, he finished those?

I wish he had a proper shop instead of the weird "order by posting in a forum" shit.
>>
>>51965156
Was entirely worth it, he's going to be my scar vet, will assemble his kroxigor soon
>>
>>51965142
It's a guy on the lustre online forums called woogity, he sadly for reasons I don't recall can't open a proper store, so we order via forum
>>
>>51965191
such sweet models

maybe one day I'll buck up and jump through the hoops to get some myself
>>
>>51965142
>All the armchair generals that complain about literally everything?
>>
>>51965304
I can smell your autism from here
>>
File: IMG_1030.jpg (57KB, 586x629px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1030.jpg
57KB, 586x629px
>can't dish out any wounds with good rend
>can't make a turn one charge
>can't tie up units when using aetheric winds
>too low model count to grab objectives
>220 points

God damn I really dig the new vanguard chamber and especially the palladors, but is there even any remotely competitive way of using them?
>>
>>51965015
>>51965191

where can i buy these? i loved that dudes kroxigors
>>
>>51965487
I was wondering what their purpose was
If you want to use the cool astral compass redeploy, you need a 200 point general as well

I think they're kinda awful
>>
>>51964503
I want to say doomed to fail, but that's purely out of my hatred of Bloodreavers. Even when I have managed to get a good amount of them in combat and made sure they have 3 attacks, they always seem to fall flat because of 4+/4+. Sure that can be rectified with a successful Unpredictable Destruction, and you can get a little boost from Reaverblades and the Bloodstoker whip. In the end however, I usually come out with bugger all. They are summarily massacred because of NO ARMOUR SAVE. Everyday I pray for the blessing of a meagre 6+ so that I might even have a chance to save even but one of their pointless asses. Were I will applaud though (more out of curiousity than anything), the potential for those lads to have five attacks sounds hilarious. Post results if you do use it.
>>
>>51965705
>Everyday I pray for the blessing of a meagre 6+ so that I might even have a chance to save even

Get yourself a Chaos Warshrine, it gives your lads a T-shirt save that even works against Mortal Wounds.
>>
>>51965487
>but is there even any remotely competitive way of using them?

comes in on any table edge on any turn and you still think theyre shit. How EZ mode do you need it to be?
>>
>>51965509
You have to go to his threads on lustria online and leave an email, hes working down a list
>>
>>51965051
How are Dark Elves for Age of Sigmar? I'm a little bit put off that there's no starter box for them, but hopefully they come out with something soon.
>>
>>51965487

How are three 3+ 3+ -2 rend attacks each plus shooting not good rend?
>>
>>51965487

You and "palladors are the biggest proof of power creep in AOS and invalidate all prior stormcast models" anon should talk
>>
>>51966084
I'd prefer if they'd not do that. Dividing by zero and all that.
>>
File: IMG_1571.jpg (141KB, 1250x627px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1571.jpg
141KB, 1250x627px
Steam Dwarfs confirmed
>>
File: dark elves the state of.jpg (65KB, 500x400px) Image search: [Google]
dark elves the state of.jpg
65KB, 500x400px
>>51965991
Just sit tight till the Bros Of Malekith Shadow elves are released
>>
File: EmTw3AZ.jpg (41KB, 415x252px) Image search: [Google]
EmTw3AZ.jpg
41KB, 415x252px
>>51966229
Indeed, was gonna post it. Looking forwards to TONKS.
>>
>>51966229
you beat me to it!

But yeah it's pretty much confirmed. Steamhead duardin are coming, and theyre getting a big steampowered behemoth and it's going to be awesome
>>
>>51966229
Where's this from?
>>
>>51966229
C O N F I R M E D
O
N
F
I
R
M
E
D
>>
>>51966323
the weekly rumor engine tease they do now
>>
>>51966229
I'm guessing that ironbreakers and other armored looking Dwarfs will be repurposed to this army, along with cog smith and new units
>>
>>51966229
Looks more like a train than a tank, to me. Do we have any models that can suplex?
>>
>>51966229
new bloodthirster model confirmed
>>
>>51966434
I would destroy GW HQ if we honestly got more fucking Khorne
>>
File: RumourEngineArt1.jpg (299KB, 1674x1080px) Image search: [Google]
RumourEngineArt1.jpg
299KB, 1674x1080px
Don't mind me, just venerating the ancestors.
>>
>>51966451
what if we got khorne doggos?
>>
>>51959819
> 6 ogres for no reason
> No nutters
What did he mean by this? Besides shit advice
>>
I have seen an art of Aelf with golden octopus mask here. Anyone have it?
>>
>>51966765
Google 'Lokhir Fellheart'
>>
>>51966824
>Lokhir Fellheart
Thank you, kind Anon
>>
File: Lokhir_2.jpg (15KB, 236x397px) Image search: [Google]
Lokhir_2.jpg
15KB, 236x397px
>>51966765
Do you mean Lokhir Fellheart?
>>
>>51966229
Yes, whip that tank. That's going to do a lot of good!
>>
>>51966458
A Steam powered Robot with big guns and turrets the size of a 40k Imperial Knight would be fucking rad.
>>
>>51966976
Those whips seem to do pretty well against the tanks of 40k. Unless duardin tankes are... better? I hope so
>>
>>51967022
While I can't make sense of the perspective in >>51966229 it looks like the dorfmachine is about the height of a Bloodthirster without wings, which is already fairly chunky.
>>
>>51966229
>>51966273
>>51966323
>>51966341
>>51966403
>>51966423
>>51966434
>>51966976
>>51967188

Is this for real? are the single army of Dwarves from WHFB getting a second full release in AOS before the three Elves armies of WHFB get a single release in AOS?

Super happy for you dwarf lovers out there! Honestly that's awesome. And I really hope you all get a lot of awesome fun out of these steam punk dwarves because they will probably look amazing!

can someone please tell me who the hell at GW hates elves so much?
>>
>>51967555
>the three Elves armies of WHFB get a single release in AOS?
Wood Elves are now part of Sylvaneth, which got a release.

And people have a lot of bad feelings about elves because they were, apparently, OP during Fantasy's end. I was only just getting into the game at that time, so I can't speak much for it - i always got steamrolled. But apparently a good player with elves could just steamroll a good player with any other faction. So they're probably leaving off until that bad blood dies down.
>>
>>51967555
Fuck off, really, stop bitching, elffag
>>
>>51967577
>He doesn't know sylvaneth fluff says they aren't elves and hate the elves

Neckbeards being sad about the balance is WHFB is a dumb reason to ignore the money from three main bases of players in AOS.
>>
>>51967645
>Fuck off, really, stop bitching, elffag

make me? you going to use more mean words internet tough guy?
>>
Starting disciples of tzeentch should my core be mostly demons like pink horror or tzaangors?
>>
>>51967732
Tzaangors are more versitile, but going 50/50 wouldn't be a bad idea
>>
I'm wondering how to spice up a vampire army with colour, and got thinking about a aztec or Mexican theme, patterned purples blues and greens. I was wondering how to make sure they stay "deathy" though.

I'm thinking kairic warriors with their gilded Shields and naked torsos could work well as aztec warriors, with a simple head swap and patterned shields. Maybe a grave guard stand in. But then it's back to how to make them death like. Chalked arms? Glowing eyes? Or something more?

Mexican themes would be easier with day of the dead inspiration to pattern skeletons but seems a bit less interesting overall. Long flowing dresses would be cool though.

Quick run down on other ideas are blood reavers as zombies, representing sacrifices.
Lots of purple and green spirit hosts.
Saurus knight mounts for black Knights.

I've got my starting point but wondering about if anyone can help me refine it
>>
>>51967555
Because elf-fags are the worst, as you so aptly demonstrated.
Honestly, I hope the elven release will also be amazing, just so we can finally stop this endless discussion and focus on hating death-fags.
>>
File: AWAKEN MY MASTERS.jpg (215KB, 825x886px) Image search: [Google]
AWAKEN MY MASTERS.jpg
215KB, 825x886px
>>51968105

>Aztec Mexican vampires

yes please
>>
>>51966584
>ogors for no reason
The guy said he wanted ogors are you not paying attention?
>no nutters
If you mean fanatics there are ten. If you mean netters, they were already mentioned to be taken in a previous post. Again, are you not paying attention?
>>
>>51968241
squeaky wheel gets the grease? that's the theory I'm running with anyways. its not like I think the new stuff for the other factions isn't cool. Honestly I will probably be tempted to pick up a steamhead duarden army just cause that aesthetic if properly realized has amazing potential.

I just think its stupid that GW hasn't shown the elves any love in almost two years
>>
File: IMG_1541.jpg (77KB, 680x1020px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1541.jpg
77KB, 680x1020px
>>51968382
>mfw Chaos Dwarves got a fucking AoS release before elves

Fucking why GW
>>
File: Those feet.jpg (217KB, 645x368px) Image search: [Google]
Those feet.jpg
217KB, 645x368px
>>51956061
WTF
Her feet looks like she is from sex and the city or topmodel.
>>
>>51968487
that is hilarious I saved for later, thank-you
>>
File: IMG_2172.jpg (139KB, 832x766px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_2172.jpg
139KB, 832x766px
>>51968241
Remove lizard
>>
>>51968105
Necron heads? Could look like spooky death masks, or you could just replace their heads with skulls and go full Skeletor.
>>
>>51968583
If possible, I would suggest the Chaos Renegade upgrade heads that Forge World has, those are fucking god tier and would be great for vampire mother fuckers
>>
>>51958318
Call of Archaon, one of the Ushkar Mir stories. They happen upon a Shyish Realmgate guarded by a pair of Necrosphinxes. In Lord of Undeath Mannfred used a pair of Ushabti as well, though they didn't call them that. Undead stone constructs tho.
>>
>>51967555
For us regular dwarf lovers, fyreslayers don't count. I'm not considering this a second release.

It would be like counting the sylvaneth as an elf release.
>>
>>51961067
Well I think a battletome for soulblights that changes the current rules to make them more Vampire Counts would be cool. A Ghost book would be awesome as well, and of course Settra leading Nulahmian TK's
>>
File: slambo.jpg (129KB, 1081x1000px) Image search: [Google]
slambo.jpg
129KB, 1081x1000px
He seems pretty potent.
>>
File: 1486589038469.jpg (84KB, 480x368px) Image search: [Google]
1486589038469.jpg
84KB, 480x368px
>>51966229
>Gw adding warjacks to fantasy

pfffffft
>>
>>51969009
[sarcasm]Right, because warmachine totally invented the steampunk automaton[/sarcasm]

And these are most likely piloted by duardin, therefore not warjacks at all. If anything they're just mecha. Dwarf piloted steam mecha
>>
Beasts of Nurgle or Plague Toads?
>>
>>51969067
Plague Toads
>>
Finished painting my first models and after applying shade some black came through. Have I added too much shade or have I not added enough basecoats?
>>
>>51968976
>still no Forge world rules

REEEEEEE LET ME PLAY AS A FIMIRACH NOBLEEEEEE
>>
>>51968583
I like the death mask idea. Will have to have a look how Sci fi the heads are and if I can tone them down.
>>51968659
It isn't really an issue as I live nearby so have little excuse shipping wise, aha. Cant find what I think you mean though, only chaos renegade militia upgrades which are gas masks

Cheers for the help both btw
>>
File: IMG_1574.jpg (46KB, 640x578px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1574.jpg
46KB, 640x578px
>>51969346
I'm retarded, they are called renegade enforcers
https://www.forgeworld.co.uk/en-US/Renegade-Militia-Enforcers
>>
Alright guys. Dwarfs are as good as confirmed so we can talk about their release. What kind of boxes we will see? I wish GW would release a start collecting but look at Beastclaw Raiders - they have none
>>
>>51969643
Hoping for a big release like the Tzeentch army, One Big thing, a kit for three monster/cavalry, maybe two boxes for new infantry and a bunch of new heroes.
>>
should i start a blight king and nurgle daemon army, or wait for steamheads
>>
>>51969643
It wouldn't surprise me if it was a battletome for Dispossessed plus a few new kits.
>>
>>51969643
That's because beastclaws Werner a new AoS faction, just repackaged Ogres. Assuming this is a proper new release of new stuff my prediction is;
1 Infantry sized hero in a clam pack
2 Infantry kits, possibly make both kinds out of the one box.
medium sized thing (some sort of mini gyrocopter or something)
One big centerpiece model. (big tank, giant forge, whatever)
>>
So Fyre Slayer players memed themselves into lower points somehow?
>>
>>51969643
power armor duardin. heavy infantry
jet pack duardin. fast light infantry
zepplins. flyers that may be akin to the gyrobomber
then that big lord behemoth which i am expecting to be on par with an imperial knight in size and menace

Maybe a start collecting, but it would include some dispossessed stuff if it did
>>
>>51969752
my guess is

>Regular infantry with heavy armour
>Elite monstrous infantry box, mini robots, either have hand cannons or cog axes
>giant battlebot
>maybe some sort of motorcycle mounted calvary with repeater guns
>>
>>51969846
It wasn't a meme. Fyreslayers never placed anywhere worthwhile in any tournament, so GW is doing something about it.
>>
>>51969871
>The best unit is getting even cheaper

Well there goes the game
>>
>yfw Fyreslayers get new toys as well
>>
>>51969924
what new toys?
>>
>>51965782
Palladors can't come in on different table edges unless you use the formation or a lord aquillor, meaning you'd need to spend 400-2000 points on the palladors alone just to make them *okay*
>>51966009
Everything's still just one damage, meaning you pay 220 points for 3 models that put out, what, 4 wounds each? That's not nearly enough to threaten whatever actually sits on your opponents' objectives by turn 2 or whenever

I thought after initially reading them you could use them as big buff skinks, but the best thing the can do is just bodyblock a unit off an objective once before getting charged and dying. Aetherwings do their job better at that honestly
>>
>>51969514
Those heads are nice. Steep in price for 5 but could make some nice substitutes for leaders or a small elite squad of something.
>>
>>51970149
Spoiled SC player is spoiled.

Nothing new to see here.
>>
>>51969846
Roughly a 20% reduction in cost overall. And that was fucking needed.

>>51969752
- new hero plus repacked heroes
- repacked Ironbreakers/Irondrakes
- repacked Hammerers/Longbeards
- monstrous infantry unit (steam suits, golems, whatever) with ranged and melee loadout
- behemoth (pictured, whatever the hell it may be)
>>
>>51970241
>And that was fucking needed.

meanwhile
>>51965304
>>51966266

but no changes there.
>>
>>51969643
they had a battleforce box
>>
>>51970179
They'd honestly be perfect for vampires
>>
>>51970149
>ride the winds aetheric
>put all of those shots into a warmachine crew
>now watch as your opponent agonizes over dealing with 15 4+ wounds in his backyard or ignores them
>exploit whatever he does
>profit
>>
>>51970269
>Wah, wah, my army with an assload of models hasn't got any new shit!
>Wah, wah, another faction is getting new models before me!
>Wah, wah, a bad faction is getting a points drop, but I may or may not!
All this elf bitching is getting really old. And I thought Death were the worst faction.
>>
Nice to see faction bitching is alive no matter how much they change the game
>>
>>51970440
If there's one thing that's consistent...
>>
>>51970381
Well if you don't complain about it then nothing changes.
>>
>>51970489
As if complaining about it on a Norwegian pet grooming board incites change
>>
>>51970489
Yes, GW management often browses /tg/. This is a well-known fact.
>>
>>51970309
Those hit on 3+ though which knocks it back to 10 4+ wounds, which isn't enough to take artillery off. Plus if you take the javelins you're ruining your melee even harder, and I dunno if that's worth it

>>51970211
Never played them lol. I wanted to buy a few boxes but being an ausfag I need to be careful with my choices. Still trying to work out strategies before I buy them.
>>
>>51965067
Yeah it sounds like it takes place near the end of the Realmgate Wars.
>>
>>51970560
He's talking about how 3 Palladors represent 15 wounds with a 4+ save.
Also, not taking javelins is really dumb. The javelins have +1" range and -1 Rend in place of +1 Attack and +1 th hit, which is roughly equal, but on top of that they get a meaty shooting attack. And in melee most of the heavy ligting will go to the Gryph-chargers anyway.
>>
>>51970560
>he seriously considers axes on palladors
>>
the battle brew, is it one use only?
>>
>>51970835
Does it say it's one use only?
>>
>>51970900

well, I only have the german generals handbook and translated it says "in one of your hero phases".
but i saw battle reports where they used it multiple times so I was wondering if it was a unlucky translation.
>>
>>51969061

Seems like they might be taking a page out of the Warma/Infinity playbook: in a smaller, skirmish-scale game, the biggest model you can have is either a big guy, a monster, or machine that can be piloted or not. For Infinity it's TAGs, Warmachine has Warjacks, and I guess just bigger dudes would be it for AoS.

And, of course, in bigger games you can squadron them, which is great.
>>
>>51961497
But it's they are worse, that's why we see some ironjaw lists in tournaments, and virtually none of fyresla- wait a moment.
>>
>>51971030
English says each
>>
>>51970835

No and frankly it should be
>>
>>51961522

I just wonder why people keep saying that IJ are garbage tier and yet I've gotten a pretty solid track-record going against stormcasts, fyreslayers and skavens. And I'm not even that good.

"THEY JUST CHARGE AND ENGAGE!" And that's where everything beginst to go wrong. Ultimately AoS is a game of scoring objectives and mobility is important. IJ have excellent mobility and are great at re-deployment.
>>
>>51971301
>>51971295

okay, thanks guys.
>>
>>51970489
And we have to endure it? You have to constantly shit up these threads with your constant crying?

Bull-fucking-shit. We are sick of it, and don't want it here. If you want to complain about it, do it on the GW AoS FB page where actual fucking GW employees are. Or write them emails.

Doing it here gets you jack shit.
>>
>>51967026
>Comparing 40k to our superior setting.

Bitch please, their god-king's chosen warriors' can't even deal with minor corruption issues properly. Ours go and invade nurgle's garden and go home for some brewskies.

http://www.blacklibrary.com/whats-coming-soon/June/hallowed-knights-plague-garden-ebook.html
>>
Anons, can you suggest anywhere i can get ahold of some Bretonnians other than Ebay? I'd even settle for chinaman but ive no idea how that works or if he even makes bretonnians.

Really want to paint up a grail knight on foot, especially after seeing them in Total War. Used to have them as a teenager but ive no idea where my models went.
>>
>>51971489

Another option could be going to perry miniature's site. They were the designers of the bretonnian range.
>>
>>51971489
Shit outta luck, I'm affraid. Ebay is still your best bet.
>>
>>51971312
Youre playing against bad players
>>
>>51971675

Ah, sorry, I forgot. Mental gymnastics are a thing here too!
>>
>>51971364
if it offends your sensibilities to read comments on an open board that are on the subject of the board and not of an offensive nature then maybe the one with a problem is you.

cry harder faggot
>>
>>51971698
You're using mental gymnastics to convince yourself ironjawz are good

Dunning-Kruger effect in full force
>>
>>51971788

Ah, here we've got the issue: I'm saying they are not garbage, dear. Not as bad as KBB and Fyreslayers.

Mid-tier, with a bit of a slant to low tier. Not good, but not the garbage pile you guys paint it to be.

But, of course, going to five different stores and 40 matches means I just find bad players to get 24/5/11

Spouting the words doesn't make the argument.
"DUNNING-KRUGER! YOUR ARGUMENT IZ INVALID!"
>>
I NEED NEW RELEASES

I NEED THEM TO LIVE

GIVE ME THE MEMEHEADS
>>
>>51971788
I have no troubles with winning while playing as Ironjawz. Still, will get stomped by top tier armies, but I can do fine in casual and semi-competitive (and a bit of competitive, but not much lbh).
>>
File: absolutely disgusting.jpg (71KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
absolutely disgusting.jpg
71KB, 600x450px
>>51971868
>"dear"
>that strawman
>"IZ"

I've gone to 12 stores had 300 matches and havent lost a single game

Your move, dear
>>
This thread is rife with shitposting even without fantasy grognards
>>
>>51971908

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Evil_demon

I doubt you'll pick the motive as to why I'm posting this,though... considering how hard you've missed the point in the IZ and dear, you butthurt idiot.
>>
>>51972050
Let it be. He's an anonymous idiot on the Internet, there's no need for you to prove anything to him.
>>
>>51972071

I love arguing, though.
>>
>>51961636
Give the ogres full facemasks roman/babylon style?
>>
>>51966229
> yfw it's actually some new fucking Storm cast azyros lightening storm cannon warmachine instead.
Just fucking wait for it.
>>
>>51971301
> t. Salty Stormfags
I'm sorry other people get to have nice things too.
Not everyone gets a new release every two months.
>>
>>51972199
Any ideas on what models to use? Using them as mythical Babylonian beasts sounds pretty neat .

I was also tossing around the idea of a burgle conversion
>>
>>51972769

Stormfags don't get a flat +1 to hit and +1 to wound on a stonehorn hero, Ill play against sigmarines any day instead of that cheese
>>
>>51971489

>grail knight on foot

Never existed unless there's a reeeeally old one

But like other anons have said, Perry miniatures are the unofficial new bretonnian release.

There are some solid crusader miniatures for men at arms and mounted yeomen too
>>
>>51959275
Tfw will never rebase my TK army because ranking up chariots feels too damn good with square bases
>>
Every time i think about AoS I can't bare to play it because of the lost of my loved one, Bretonnians.
>>
>>51961626
They could do with some shooting units and a monstrous infantry-type units. Or give them some really cheap chaff, maybe give them their own brand of grots. They could also use a behemoth that isn't a mount
>>
>>51969169
>Toad
It sucks they cost as much as a SC box pretty much.
>>
>>51973082
Link to what is specifically Brettonian themed on their site?
>>
>>51956192
I think it has something to do with the game's roots. Many AOS players are/were fantasy players as well. I know I build my Dispossessed army in such a way that it's mostly 8th compatible. It's not like 40k where SMs have always been center stage.
>>
>>51974125

Bretonnians have decent rules in AOS and they work in fluff too as free people who are descendants of bretonnians (if empire peasants could fight their way out of the realm of chaos to start new civilizations, so can the sons of Gilles)
>>
>>51975286

Good luck finding Bretonnian boxes enough for them, though.

I'm an AdMech player, and I'm sad because Bretonnian Knights would have made the best conversion fodder for my mounted AdMech cavalry dudes.
>>
File: C54C5GJWAAAx1ep.jpg (71KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
C54C5GJWAAAx1ep.jpg
71KB, 1000x1000px
Atm I wanna do an undead force.

I have mantic undead mini army thing.
(30 zombies, 40 skeletons (20spear/20sword with command), 20 ghouls, 20 grave guard and 10 "mummies" that I could probably pass one off as a weight king.

Any tips for what to run with this? Should I grab a random reaper necromancer mini and run it as a hero?

Are any of the start collecting sets worth adding to this?
>>
>>51975702
start collecting skeleton horde would be a good addition for the mortarch and a unit of of black knights. Then getting that reaper necromancer wouldnt be a bad idea.

Which mortarch you build im not sure of though
>>
>>51975781
The issue I have with that box is that I have a shitton of skelingtons already.

I can get mantic black knights for way cheaper too. They have an elite army box for undead that comes with 20 black knights, 5 blood knights, 3 werewolf thingies and 10 wraiths for 70 bucks.

Figure I could mount the wraiths on cavalry bases two to a base and call them hexwraiths since they are sorta floating.
>>
>>51975781
However I do sorta want a centerpiece model. Oh that box comes with a vampire on foot too. >>51975796
>>
>>51975360

Craigslist has been my only successful acquisition of brets, but yeah. I was mostly assuming an already owned but not used bretonnian army
>>
>>51975796
Then do start collecting malignants for the mortis engine, ghosts, and ghost riders
>>
So I'm building Tzeentch right now.

Right now I have two Start Collecting boxes, and have two boxes of Tzaangors shipping.

What else should I get?
>>
>>51974619

Not Perry brothers but Deus Vult teutonics and Templars are 110% bretonnians and are pretty well priced for how good the models are
>>
File: succ gw.png (395KB, 1086x1424px) Image search: [Google]
succ gw.png
395KB, 1086x1424px
GUYS I went to the NZ site and found this weeks pre orders!
>>
>51976026
Oh hey look, 2014 humor

Replied without a (You)
>>
File: IMG_1576.jpg (70KB, 494x480px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1576.jpg
70KB, 494x480px
Before there was Slambo...there was Chaos Dwarf Slambo...
>>
>>51975908
grab a curseling
>>
File: 99121499029_OsgiliathRuins04.jpg (104KB, 600x620px) Image search: [Google]
99121499029_OsgiliathRuins04.jpg
104KB, 600x620px
Would the Ruins of Osgiliath scenery kit work for AoS? I know that LotR models are smaller, but I dont know how much smaller. Same question for the late town houses I suppose.
>>
>>51976465
My GW store has them on the tables. They work fine.
>>
>>51976465
LotR models are smaller, but barely, unless you are comparing them to stormcast eternals. Osgiliath ruins should fit alongside any 28mm terrain.
>>
>>51976194
I wasn't amazed by Curseling, it seemed that too often the enemy wouldn't have wizards and it'd just not do anything. I do feel like I need an Arcanite Wizard next, to help the Tzaangors out. Was torn between Tzaangor Shaman, Ogroid Thaumaturge, or Gaunt Summoner.
>>
>>51976035
What's wrong boyo, can't handle a little bantz?
>>
>>51976539
I love the shaman myself but you might want the Ogroid to ensure a heavy hitter
>>
>>51976606
I'm not the other anon but i haven't had the best results with my ogroid and would rather have a curseling or gaunt summoner. It all depends on the local meta i think.
>>
How do we get 40kids to try our game?
>>
>>51977023

Go to your local Gdubs/FLGS and play it with painted models.

It's what led me into it when I had mostly only intended to play 40k.
>>
>>51977023

I'm lurking, but mostly just to see the neat models.

But I'm a Kill-Team kiddo, probably not the demographic you want to hit, and the closest thing you have to making me interested is the Hinterlands thingy.
>>
>>51977023
Let them play want they want to play.

But Warhammer Quest usually seems to be a good entry drug.
>>
>>51977119
A community needs members, a thriving community would be nice to have.
>>
File: PutridBlightKnights2.jpg (301KB, 1197x758px) Image search: [Google]
PutridBlightKnights2.jpg
301KB, 1197x758px
>>51955513
I'm trying to figure out what to do with these Putrid Blightkings I have from the new WHQ expansion are they any good to run with my Skaven? I know i can use their aura to heal my furnace but is that about it?
>>
>>51977193
Send them out solo to use their aura to tie up big units. Theyre pretty tough and their basic attack can be pretty brutal.
>>
>>51977213
Cool so since i'm using them to tie things up I should build them sword and board right? should i use them as an anvil unit so my monks can swing in? Or use the Blightkings to fatly contest points?
>>
>>51977100
What are some neat Hinterlands lists to start out with?
>>
Might be a bit late on the ball but are Brets essentially merged with Empire?

Sharing the Free-people title makes them the same faction right?
>>
>>51977239
It doesn't matter. Their stats don't change with whatever bits you put on them.
>>
>>51977252

I'm wondering that, myself, but I have no idea how AoS works or have a conception of the game.

Still, a small band of Stormcast might make for a neat team, or if I can get my hands on some Knights they can be questing for something, which is a great theme. I like low-medium model counts that pack a punch and can roll with them, and have a good amount of character between them.
>>
>>51977266
Pretty much yes
>>
>>51977300
Not trying to troll but don't you have to represent what weapon load out they have?
>>
>>51977266

Yeah and they can share buffs too. The fey enchantress actually has a pretty good spell for greatswords (since they'll hit on 2's anyway) and demigryphs.

Likewise the free guild general on foot or on Griffin both work great with bretonnians for shooting/charge buffs respectively
>>
>>51977362
When I say it doesn't matter, I mean there is only one weapon profile and the rules literally don't change no matter what bits you put on it. You could have them all dual wield shields and they would still be attacking with the same blighted weapons profile.

The only time the weapon loadouts matter is on warscrolls where different weapon options provide different profiles and special rules come into play depending on them.

Putrid blightkings have none of that. They just have blighted weapons. I guess the only thing that is specific if you give one the sonorous tocsin, the icon, and make one the blightlord.

But weapons and shields don't matter for the blightkings.
>>
>>51977100
that's really nice but something about it doesn't feel quite right to me? dunno. maybe needs more points or allow a max more than 15 duders?
>>
>>51977456
If you think it should allow more than 15 models or more points then this is the wrong game for you.

It's meant for a very small warband of underlings. Nothing more. Bigger stuff is meant for 500 point games.

If you think hinterlands is restrictive, then don't look into regiments of renown.
>>
>steampunk dwarves

kill me now

steamshit is the touch of death for wargames
>>
>>51977585
Its a neat aesthetic in moderation

A whole game full of aztec themes would be lame, but a single faction is fine
>>
>>51977759
>>51977759
>>51977759
>>51977759
New thread before I head to bed.
>>
>>51977727
I agree. The steampunk theme will be utilized by very little of the AoS armies as a whole.

Ironweld Arsenal
Clan Skryre
and now the Steamhead Duardin

It's not like Warmachine
Thread posts: 345
Thread images: 49

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.