[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Tech-Priest Death Rites

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 10
Thread images: 2

File: images (1).jpg (25KB, 352x418px) Image search: [Google]
images (1).jpg
25KB, 352x418px
Hi /tg/. Currently playing a Tech-Priest in Dark Heresy. Still only lvl3 but have just passed the machine soul of a fellow tech-priest into the light of the Omnissiah and see that I have the option to take mechadendrites and, well, he's not using them anymore...
So I simply want to know, fluff wise, whether the Mechanicus would believe in the recycling of the mechadendrite to a new priest. The GM will likely rule it to be a utility mechadendrite just for ease if it's plausible to pass on.
Thanks.

Pictured: What I hope to one day look like.
>>
They recycle their fucking heads into menial task floating robots... I think you're good.
>>
It's well established in the forge of Mars books that ALL augmentations get reused or at least recycled. They would probably consider burying good mechadendrites minor tech-heresy, or at least very wasteful. I would suspect the only thing a tech priest would bury is whatever is left of the human body.
>>
Yeah. Fair. Thanks.
>>
>>51966466
Hell, I suspect they'd probably put the organic bitz in a nutrient reclamation vat or something like that.
>>
>>51967557
Atleast for a bunch of religious nutjobs they do like practicality...atleast in that way.
>>
>>51968183
The mechanicus is actually quite practical, most of their rituals are basic repairs and repeated instructions that simply sound alien because how uneducated the rest of the imperium is. Which they need to be because so much of the imperium hates them.

As for their hatred of trying new things, given a entire drop pod consigned itself to chaos such fear isn't that odd..
>>
>>51968303
I suppose so. What I find most stupid though is that the only ones that have the rights to create and invent new things are pretty much the fabricator general and some levels down but at that point theres so little human left they have no more creativity to make new stuff.
>>
>>51968428
You've got a lot of lee-way with existing designs and tech, it's inventing new stuff that's troublesome. For example, there's got to be fifty different patterns of lasgun but there's no man portable gauss guns. In part this is due to the tech being advanced enough to be dangerous and there not being enough resources for a full R&D program to test new tech properly.

The other thing you need to know is that the AdMech is very political. Declarations of tech-heresy are as much tools to eliminate the competition as they are actual security functions.
>>
>>51966407
Thread posts: 10
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.