[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Do you have an elite force of npcs that act as rivals for your party?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 8
Thread images: 3

File: God-Generals.jpg (67KB, 449x472px) Image search: [Google]
God-Generals.jpg
67KB, 449x472px
Do you have an elite force of npcs that act as rivals for your party?
>>
>>51960203
we still have high-level bounty hunters in case the players start breaking the law because "bitch i got superhuman power"
>>
>>51960203
I will. I've been slowly introducing all the members separately for a few months now, eventually they'll have a full party vs party brawl.
>>
>>51960203
Does it count if the party works for said NPCs? Somehow my players ended up joining a guild run by a bunch of REAL heroes who can't be bothered to do menial grunt work like pest-extermination and other "low-level" quests. Meanwhile the real heroes sit around all day and basically bask in their fame and have parties with nobles and stuff. The party is determined to work their way up and become equals to these ponces.

This plays right into what the "real" heroes want. They're actually the final BBEG, and secretly a bunch of body-snatchers who use the guild to train up "replacement vessels" for when their current bodies start to die. I didn't expect the players to actually want to join these guys, but this actually works out better than what I originally had planned, sooo...
>>
>>51960203
of course, that kind of thing is so hilarious and/or awesome that its almost a crime not to have one
>>
File: 90sfest-will-smith-instagram.png (145KB, 765x648px) Image search: [Google]
90sfest-will-smith-instagram.png
145KB, 765x648px
>>51961827
sounds cool as fuck
>>51961841
indeed
>>
>>51960203
Last time I made a set, they were deliberately underleveled.
The next set will be at least as competent as the party, and far more ruthless.
>>
>>51962013
it also gives me an excuse to have PC vs PC combat

my players know that when the psycho rangers are in town, they are fighting an incredibly difficult fight that will tax not just their avatar skill, but also their player skills, to the max

most of my quests usually have highly cinematic combat, so they love it when they are faced with foes who are the same level, with similar powered gear, fighting on similar terms, reminds them that there are fights that have to be won through martial skill
it forces them to use every single advantage they can get to beat their opposite numbers,and give them crazy surprises like having "grease" used against them or the "minor illusion to make an opaque cube" trick
Thread posts: 8
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.